PDA

View Full Version : The Answer to the Swing Position

chrisw#17
06-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Vince Carter. Vince's competitiveness can be certainly questioned and by watching him it is clear that he is not a leader and fails when put in a position to lead a team. However, Vince's skills and althetic ability would be the answer to the Raptors needs. He could play the swing position and certainly is still one of the best talents in the NBA. I personally believe that Vince would allow the raptors to form their own big three and possibly big four if you would include Calderon. The Raptors would instantly become the most talented team in the league and Vince would be in a supporting role. With Bosh's maturity and presence of Jermaine O'neal, Vince would not have any pressure and would not have to lead. He would become that 20 point scorer that we clearly need and instantly allow us to contend for a championship. Would you be willing to forgive Vince if it meant the possibly of contending for a championship?
O'Neal > Perkins
Bosh <= Garnett (slight advantage to Kevin)
Moon/Parker < Pierce
Carter > Allen
Calderon > Rondo
I definitely believe that the Raptors would beat the Celtics next year.

ramz.n
06-28-2008, 12:35 AM
first off.. cant afford him..
second..dont think he wants back to Toronto..
third.. not sure how he will react knowing hes not the guy behind Bosh and even O'neal
fourth..it would be kind of awkward booing your own player
fifth..he just got a big contact renewal..if we get him its a long term conflict that will affect our cap

Ragun
06-28-2008, 12:35 AM
No it isnt. He is overpayed, his hops are gone and we hate him. We dont want anything to do with him.

ramz.n
06-28-2008, 12:36 AM
No it isnt. He is overpayed, his hops are gone and we hate him. We dont want anything to do with him.

AND!!...reporters are saying O'neal being a 6 time allstar will command quite a few shots of his own..with carter there..it will be very hard to satisfy everyone and that could result in Bosh leaving in 2010 :o

Ragun
06-28-2008, 12:38 AM
AND!!...reporters are saying O'neal being a 6 time allstar will command quite a few shots of his own..with carter there..it will be very hard to satisfy everyone and that could result in Bosh leaving in 2010 :o
He did split with Harris, Kristic, Nachbar and Jefferson last year.

Dragan
06-28-2008, 12:40 AM
simple answer to this one :

NO. it's self explanitory.

ramz.n
06-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Bosh and O'neal...i think i would rather have the ball in these guys hands at the end of the game..they are allstars...Jefferson..could be argued is not an allstar..neither is Nachbar and Harris..Calderon was a border line allstar who will have the ball majority of the time..Kapono is only productive when he has the ball..if Carter came in i would just think everyones production would go down

star
06-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Worst idea ever....

carlo4444
06-28-2008, 09:01 AM
nah we shouldnt have him back after all the raps and him have been threw we should just get marion and for godsake not ak47 i hate him so much....

hades
06-28-2008, 09:17 AM
hmm i still think we need hungry guys who wants to prove themselves.

matt barnes, azuibuke, pietrus anyone?

im happy with our big three: calderon, bosh, oneil.

i think we just need more supporting casts and not anymore pain in the ***** stars. anyway. what and who can we get forabout 5 mill?

nstojic
06-28-2008, 11:21 AM
why would you even suggest this? here?

jrice9
06-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Its a reasonable suggestion besides salary ball hogness and being hated in toronto vince could be good for us

baileybwoy
06-28-2008, 12:21 PM
He might be the perfect piece and league MVP, we don't want him back and he doesn't want to come back. Colangelo isn't that stupid.

In terms of forsaken superstars I'd take McGrady back though. In a heartbeat.

(...damn, something about that family eh?)

AFlagRules
06-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Worst idea ever....

x2..

_Sn1P3r_
06-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Nahh..

Fion
06-28-2008, 06:46 PM
1. NO
and
2. the biggest issue now is a backup pg for caulderon.

D.Pumps
06-28-2008, 07:06 PM
If You actually think Backup PG is the biggest need your insane.

Swingman is first and formost or why did we just bother getting Jermaine.

At trade isn't necessary IF Ricky Davis or Childress can be had. Denever sad they'd match any offer for J.R. Smith.

IF both of them can't be had for the MLE. Than it's trade time. Mickael Pietrus would be a fine role player but he's not the big time Swingman we need.

lukeem21
06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
lets trade for mourning too

lukeem21
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
i think this team is missing a bj armstrong and a kenny anderson

Fion
06-28-2008, 08:26 PM
what i mean by biggest need is attainable need. Given our financial resources i dont see us upgrading at the swing in any significant manor.

star
06-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Every time i read this post "answer to swingman" and then see what a ridiculous proposition it is i feel like never coming on this forum again ...

Why does it seem like the new raps fans have thoughts and opinons that make the leaf fans look like geniouses

Fion
06-28-2008, 09:00 PM
we have like the MLE to work with. Who are we going to add thats going to be soo much better than kapono or moon or parker? Im not saying we cant or wont upgrade, but pietrus is kinda like the best player we could aim for with this. And given that i think a pressing need is a backup.

JermanJaysFan
06-28-2008, 09:02 PM
For any of you that are even considering Ricky Davis, don't. He is the ultimate chemistry killer, and why talent, is the definiton of ball hog. If you thought Vince was bad, Davis is worse. Lookie here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw
Yeah, thats his own net...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKc4j8yIyE&NR=1

D.Pumps
06-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Wow if those videos are the reason you don't want Ricky Davis your crazy too. The point here is we need someone to put the biscuit in the basket. If you can think of someone who does that as well as Ricky Davis who would even sniff the MLE you let us all know.

We havent left ourselves with much of a trade option.

I'd take Josh Childress first for his Fg 571% alone but he might not take the MLE.

JermanJaysFan
06-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow if those videos are the reason you don't want Ricky Davis your crazy too. The point here is we need someone to put the biscuit in the basket. If you can think of someone who does that as well as Ricky Davis who would even sniff the MLE you let us all know.

We havent left ourselves with much of a trade option.

I'd take Josh Childress first for his Fg 571% alone but he might not take the MLE.

Lol I am not just passing judgement by those videos. It is well documented that he has a destrictuve playing personality, and I do not want that kind of player in Toronto.

Rhyming Rebel
06-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Vince Carter. Vince's competitiveness can be certainly questioned and by watching him it is clear that he is not a leader and fails when put in a position to lead a team. However, Vince's skills and althetic ability would be the answer to the Raptors needs. He could play the swing position and certainly is still one of the best talents in the NBA. I personally believe that Vince would allow the raptors to form their own big three and possibly big four if you would include Calderon. The Raptors would instantly become the most talented team in the league and Vince would be in a supporting role. With Bosh's maturity and presence of Jermaine O'neal, Vince would not have any pressure and would not have to lead. He would become that 20 point scorer that we clearly need and instantly allow us to contend for a championship. Would you be willing to forgive Vince if it meant the possibly of contending for a championship?
O'Neal > Perkins
Moon/Parker < Pierce
Carter > Allen
Calderon > Rondo

Just How would you plan on getting him anyway? Do you think u can just call NJ and say "Hey give us Vince back" im sure that will do the trick.

nads83
06-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Every time i read this post "answer to swingman" and then see what a ridiculous proposition it is i feel like never coming on this forum again ...

Why does it seem like the new raps fans have thoughts and opinons that make the leaf fans look like geniouses

lol i know. ppl are still talking about artest and marion

nads83
06-28-2008, 10:19 PM
we'd be lucky to get childress

star
06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
or nachbar ....no matter how UNcool you think he is ;)

nads83
06-28-2008, 10:40 PM
or nachbar ....no matter how UNcool you think he is ;)

uncoolest guy...ever

Fion
06-28-2008, 10:40 PM
we'd be lucky to get childress

this is in the rnage of possiblity but unlikely, i think he will command more and want to go elsewhere. The bottom line is we dont hae much money to offer someone. Pietrus is the piece im thinking we go for.

nads83
06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
this is in the rnage of possiblity but unlikely, i think he will command more and want to go elsewhere. The bottom line is we dont hae much money to offer someone. Pietrus is the piece im thinking we go for.

yea id take pietrus over childress, jus think alot of teams might covet him

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 02:09 PM
x2..

X3, 4, 5 and 6 :D

Johann
06-30-2008, 11:38 PM
O'Neal > Perkins
Moon/Parker < Pierce
Carter > Allen
Calderon > Rondo

Garnett, sure hes a bit older, but hes also a bit better than CB4...for now. no disrespect to bosh, but garnett is still better and theres a ton of players that are worse than him.
Carter is equal to Allen. allen can shoot the 3 and drive alright. carter isnt the greatest shooter, but can drive oh so well.
i doubt carter will ever come back

B2B
07-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Just How would you plan on getting him anyway? Do you think u can just call NJ and say "Hey give us Vince back" im sure that will do the trick.

New Jersey perspective

“If we brought back the same group, it wouldn’t give us the opportunity to be the kind of team we wanted to be. We still have a lot of players, a lot of young players who will need time. But it gives us the opportunity and flexibility to accomplish what we want to accomplish.”

In the last four months, Jefferson and Jason Kidd have become ex-Nets, and the team isn’t done adding and subtracting.

Reports circulated that the Nets also considered moving Vince Carter for cap flexibility

Other moves seem to be coming. The Nets still need a backup shooting guard. They likely will continue to shop Marcus Williams, see if they can include Keith Van Horn in a trade and try to utilize some of their other assets — a $3.3 million trade exception

Whatever they do, the summer of 2010 will be in their thoughts.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/ne...p_front.h tml

The Nets have only $36 million earmarked toward player salaries that summer, and the removal of Carter's four-year contract would cut that in half.

This trade also allows us to retain Bargs.

Toronto Trade

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,350,000 Years Remaining: 2

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,356,000 Years Remaining: 3

Kris Humphries
Salary: $2,522,913 Years Remaining: 4 Replace with Delfino's 2.7mil 1y

Joey Graham
Salary: $1,596,600 Years Remaining: 2

Nets Trade

Vince Carter
Salary: $13,325,000 Years Remaining: 5

Marcus Williams
Salary: $1,180,200 Years Remaining: 2

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~17&te=&cash=

If Nets use there 3.3 trade exception maybe we can keep Humphries :shrug: I don't know how that works.

With the luxury tax threshold likely to be $72-million, the Raptors will have about $5-million to spend on what will likely be three additional roster spots.

One spot will likely go to either Hassan Adams or Tamar Slay, NBA veterans who shone at the Raptors' recent free-agent camp.

Adams, a former New Jersey Net, may have the inside track. His defensive versatility – he can guard point guards, shooting guards and small forwards – will make up for the likely departure of Carlos Delfino, who may be too expensive for the Raptors next season.

Another roster spot will go to a third-string point guard who can play some shooting guard. And the last will go to Nathan Jawai, a 6-foot-10, 280-pound Australian who will land in Toronto as the final piece of the Ford-O'Neal trade.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080630.raptors01-web/GSStory/GlobeSportsBasketball/home

(Adams,Ukic,Jawai)

O'Neal/Bargs/Jawai
Bosh/Humphries/? (LM)
Artest or Pietrus (MLE)/Moon/? (LM)
Carter/Adams/? (LM)
Calderon/Williams/Ukic

Sign a PF to League minimum
Sign a SF to League minimum
Sign a SG to League minimum

Artest if he's willing to take the MLE (5.5 mil) to play for a contender or Pietrus.

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Garnett, sure hes a bit older, but hes also a bit better than CB4...for now. no disrespect to bosh, but garnett is still better and theres a ton of players that are worse than him.
Carter is equal to Allen. allen can shoot the 3 and drive alright. carter isnt the greatest shooter, but can drive oh so well.
i doubt carter will ever come back

actually during times when they were both matched up..they both exposed eachother on offence so i wouldn't give garnett the advantage..sure hes more experience and older...but his mobility is going with him as for Bosh hes only getting better ( not saying bosh is better than garnett..just saying bosh is not that far below garnett)