PDA

View Full Version : Astros interested in Freddy Garcia

native_astro
06-27-2008, 08:34 PM
The Astros have expressed interest in free agent Freddy Garcia.

"I talked to his agent, Peter Greenberg, earlier in the week, and he informed me that Freddy is expected to be ready to throw in front of scouts soon," Astros GM Ed Wade said Friday. "I let him know that we want to be there." Garcia hasn't pitched in over a year but is nearing the end of his rehabilitation from right shoulder surgery. He actually came up with the Astros, but was traded to Seattle in 1998 as part of a package for Randy Johnson.

Source: Astros.mlb.com

I would like the Astros to sign Garcia to a deal pack with incentives. :clap:

stros917
06-28-2008, 02:55 PM
There is no question that the Astros will not win the world series and a good chance they won't make the playoffs. I am a huge Astros fan, and if an Astros fan is saying that we won't make the playoffs then that's saying something. Freddy Garcia is perfect for us. He can't start until August.
The Stro need to start worrying about their future. By signing Castro and by signing Garcia. Garcia is all about future right now.

StootS
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I know that the team is interested, but the name Freddy Garcia impresses me a lot less than say, Chris Sampson.

Agstro
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I know that the team is interested, but the name Freddy Garcia impresses me a lot less than say, Chris Sampson.

While I like Sampson alot. He is not Freddy Garcia. Garcia has been hurt for a while now, but he is a very solid pitcher when health. I would love it if he was to sign with us. As long as he is health. Which I think he will be.

TheRedMarauder
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
The New York Post reports that "the Yankees and Mets are among at least nine teams monitoring the progress of Freddy Garcia as he intensifies his workouts to come back from shoulder surgery."

Garcia is a free agent, and along with both New York teams the newspaper also lists his suitors as the Astros, Rangers, Royals, Red Sox, Phillies, Tigers and White Sox. According to his agent, Garcia is throwing 84-87 mph and has avoided setbacks, but is only interested in signing a contract for this season rather than also giving teams an option for 2009.

rotoworld

IndiansFan337
07-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I think Garcia will ultimately sign with a contender, eliminating Houston from his list of potential suitors for this season.

SportsFan1988
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't really understand why Houston would want Garcia, they aren't in contention, so why would they want a guy who is over 30, and isn't gonna do them any good....

lilboytwister99
07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Astros can be interested in Garcia all they want, fact is they aren't gettin him. Not even close. It seems that nobody wants to play for the Astros anymore. I cant say I blame them.

IndiansFan337
07-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't really understand why Houston would want Garcia, they aren't in contention, so why would they want a guy who is over 30, and isn't gonna do them any good....

Exactly. And he likely will want to sign a 1 yr deal, prove that he is healthy, and then hit the market again this winter in hopes of a bigger contract. So he does no good for the Astros for half of a season.