PDA

View Full Version : Rumors

Master Mind
06-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Before the draft we've heard some bogus rumors and since the draft is over and we approach free agency you can certainly expect more outlandish rumors regarding trades and so on...So this thread is made so we can report any rumors...

BALLER71
06-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Good idea.

Master Mind
06-27-2008, 08:47 PM
In the NBA forum there was this thread that said Beasley was traded and I nearly fainted, on second thought I did:faint: Then I woke up and saw that it said for Iggy (Andre Igoudala) and I was like what:confused: Somebody had to make that up...

ATX
06-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Good idea.

I agree!

People, keep it in here. There is no need to start a new thread for every single crazy crackhead trade idea out there okay.

Master Mind
06-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Has anyone notice the log jam at PF and C in New Jersey? Is there any interest on behalf of the Heat to acquire one?

daleja424
06-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Has any notice the log jam at PF and C in New Jersey? Is there any interest on behalf of the Heat to acquire one?

I dont see the log jam at all... they only have 4 big men...and none are really that good... so I think they need them all... am I wrong. All I see is Kristic, Boon, Williams, and Swift

Master Mind
06-27-2008, 09:37 PM
They drafted Brook Lopez and Ryan Anderson^^^

nolin
06-27-2008, 09:37 PM
I dont see the log jam at all... they only have 4 big men...and none are really that good... so I think they need them all... am I wrong. All I see is Kristic, Boon, Williams, and Swift

yeah Lopez as well

daleja424
06-27-2008, 09:39 PM
OHHH... true. I forgot about them. haha! ya maybe a little log jam but they wont trade lopez/williams and I dont want kristic/boon. Maybe Swift could be open. maybe like cook/banks to get rid of his salary???

...seems like a lot tho

Master Mind
06-27-2008, 09:42 PM
OHHH... true. I forgot about them. haha! ya maybe a little log jam but they wont trade lopez/williams and I dont want kristic/boon. Maybe Swift could be open. maybe like cook/banks to get rid of his salary???

...seems like a lot tho

Yeah we could use the big men...

Master Mind
06-27-2008, 09:49 PM
And as for the whole thing with finding a solid PG and all, we can really use Raymond Felton...I know we got Super Mario but im not ready to give him the keys to the point just yet...Check this video out of Raymond Felton---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqE3Mw_IZI

daleja424
06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
And as for the whole thing with finding a PG and all we can really use Raymond Felton...I know we got Super Mario but im not ready to give him the keys to the point just yet...Check this video out of Raymond Felton---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqE3Mw_IZI

we need someone to keep teams honest and prevent them from packing it in... Felton aint that. Felton has a career FG% below 40%, while shooting only 32% from 3-pt land... The guy can be a distributor...no doubt. But for that shouldnt we look at a more veteran guy that will leave in a year or two and pave the way for chalmers... ala Andre Miller. What if we sent Marion to Philly for Miller/Dalembert. This could hinder our chances of landing a big FA next summer, but we would still have like 20+ mil or so in 2010 (with Wade/Beasley/Dalembert under contract)....perfect fit for Lebron if u ask me...

Master Mind
06-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok I might get eaten alive for this but what if this happened---

-Miami trade Shawn Marion, Mario Chalmers and future 2nd rd. pick to the Clippers for Elton Brand and Deandre Jordan...

-Then trade Udonis Haslem and maybe Dorell Wright for Raymond Felton

Felton
Wade
Beasley
Brand
Jordan

Pretty solid to me...

daleja424
06-27-2008, 10:17 PM

-Miami trade Shawn Marion, Mario Chalmers and future 2nd rd. pick to the Clippers for Elton Brand and Deandre Jordan...

Felton
Wade
Beasley
Brand
Jordan

Pretty solid to me...

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! If we get a new big time guy to play PF it ought to be Boozer. Thats first of all. Second of all I want to see this team okay a game b4 we start trading it away. The only players I would move at this point are Haslem, blount, banks. I would move marion only if we got a young SF/PG/C and an expiring deal.

For example: Marion/Haslem for Miller/Iggy (S/T) or Marion/Haslem/Banks for Kidd/Howard or Bibby/Smith (or Horford)...(obviously none of these are very realistc but I would want a big expiring and a good young player for marion)

SwaggaIke
06-27-2008, 10:33 PM
We should go after Josh Boone. He came on strong at the end of last season. He's a rebounder and shot blocker and he's young.

BALLER71
06-27-2008, 10:44 PM
How about:
Marion for Josh Howard + Brandon Bass (Most underrated player in the NBA) + Jamal Magloire

SwaggaIke
06-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Magloire is garbage. We have enough forwards and Josh Howard isn't a upgrade on Marion to me. I want to keep Marion anyway and let him come off the books after this season.

We should try to get Boone from New Jersey. 8ppg, 7rpg in 25mpg.

King Koopa
06-27-2008, 11:12 PM
How about:
Marion for Josh Howard + Brandon Bass (Most underrated player in the NBA) + Jamal Magloire

How about Terry and Josh for Marion it works in the Trade Machine.

PG Terry/Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Josh/Wright
PF Beasley/Haslem
C K.Brown/Zo

kozelkid
06-27-2008, 11:18 PM
maybe riley is still after mayo...
maybe beasley+blout for darko+mayo+future first round?

also thank you swaggaike for actually putting up the sig unlike OTHERS!!!
Again, guys just put on the sig cause otherwise I'll have my mod(damn goat) put it on for you guys and all that will do is probably ruin the sig you guys have now...

GoneGuru
06-28-2008, 12:09 AM
why not trade cook to new jersey for williams? (sean)

williams stayed clean last year and he has mad hops and shot blocking ability, might be limited offensively, but he could really produce some nice D and put backs in the interior. salary wise the swap could be one for one.

also what do you think of jr smith, i dont like him defensively, i just like how he can fill it up offensively as a sixth man without demanding big minutes, he did a lot in under 20 minutes a night, with 2 big time scorers in denver, so its worth a look, im not saying we should covet him, just glance at for a reasonable price.

also theres a glut in new jersey which means this isnt in the realm of krypton, new jersey still has boone, krstic (who they just made a qualifying offer to) swift, added lopez and jianlian, so either krstic or williams is out, and considering how williams time slided towards the last 2 months, it feels like he may be the odd man out.

also sorry for double posting but i was told to put this theory in here :p

ATX
06-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I really like the Sean Williams idea Gone Guru! Your right, with Boone, Lopez, and Kristic (who they just made a qualifying offer for) They certainly could afford to trade him...besides losing Jefferson means they could use another shooter...I'd see if we could trade Cook and a 2nd next year for him, seems fair. Idealy I'd just sign and trade R Davis for him and just keep Cook...

Kozel...That better not happen!

Love how you added the text to your sig, for losing the bet SwaggaIke!

fins08
06-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I made up a hypothetical trade thread so we have real rumors in here, and made up trade ideas in there to help out.

Master Mind
06-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Ridnour to Miami?

Let the point guard speculation officially begin. The Miami Heat, by electing to draft Michael Beasley, left a gaping hole in their back court. The team has to address their point guard situation in the next few weeks, and the chemistry between OJ Mayo and Dwyane Wade led to much speculation that the Heat would wind up with Mayo before the draft was finished. Now that it's over and Mayo is a Grizzly, Miami is shopping for a floor leader.

Kirk Hinrich might be the best point guard available, but the word is he may wind up in Denver. That being the case, Ridnour is the best available. Expect to hear a lot of talk linking Ridnour and the Heat leading up to the July 1st trade curtain.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9271

_Supreme_
06-28-2008, 05:33 PM
maybe riley is still after mayo...
maybe beasley+blout for darko+mayo+future first round?

Beasley is not going to be traded, so we don't need to include him in any more of the speculations.

_Supreme_
06-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Luke Ridnour was just as injured as Jwill was all season long last year.

Normally I would say he would be great for us, but that's only if those injuries are behind him, which I'm not so sure about at all.

SwaggaIke
06-28-2008, 06:31 PM
If we get Ridnour, I hope he comes off the bench. He's a horrible defender. I like what he brings offensively, but he's always needed an opposite to be successful. Ridnour + Daniels...Ridnour + Watson, etc.

DQL
06-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Isn't there any better options than Ridnour. His contract isn't attractive to me compared to his production

king j.a.l.
06-29-2008, 12:11 PM

Felton
Wade
Beasley
Brand
Jordan

Pretty solid to me...

your right u should get ripped 4 it. but I don't think that we need 2 go after brand.I think that right now all the heat have to do is pick up a couple of FA (center and point or small)with their exceptions and see what happens with this team. I think banks might b good 4 us this year at point. so mayb we go after pietrus(who can soot the 3 and play good D) and Diop.

Master Mind
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
While the trades have died down significantly since the hours following the NBA Draft on Thursday, one huge blockbuster could still be brewing.

Sources say that the Miami Heat and Memphis Grizzlies are negotiating a deal that would send newly acquired OJ Mayo to Miami and Michael Beasley to Memphis. Obviously, other players would be included but no names have surfaced thus far.

Memphis acquired Mayo (as well as several other players) in a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night in exchange for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, and Jason Collins.

Sources close to the situation say that the trade may be part of a larger plan that would bring Beasley (who the Grizzlies tried extremely hard to trade up for but failed) to Memphis.

Prior to the draft, Miami Heat team president Pat Riley showed significant interest in Mayo, who had been working out with Heat star Dwyane Wade in Chicago for several weeks before the draft. They even flew the USC prospect into Miami just two days before the draft to work him out one last time before making their selection.

While Riley listened to his scouts on draft day and selected Beasley second overall, some believe he's now regretting that decision. They contend he'll try to trade the forward for Mayo, whom many (including Riley) believe would fill a greater need for the Heat at the point guard position.

Prior to the draft, Riley was uncomfortable with Beasley's personality and really wanted to choose a point guard that could form a dominant backcourt alongside shooting guard Dwyane Wade. Riley even considered trading the number two selection but didn't find a package that enticed him.

So could both Memphis and Miami end up swapping the young stars so that everyone is happy? It's definitely a possibility.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/33402-oj-mayo-for-michael-beasley-swap-in-the-works
:pity:

daleja424
06-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Not unless Memphis has decided to part ways with Gay, Darko, and Mayo (or Conley)... and even then it doesnt make sense...

expat
06-29-2008, 01:13 PM
There is a rumor that Marbury will be released by Knicks. Read it on Hoopsworld. http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9278

Also there was talk of David Lee for Felton. We can do better then that with Haslem. Lee is getting a ton of looks but I think Haslem is a better player and is better defensive player.

_Supreme_
06-29-2008, 01:26 PM
What is "bleacherreport.com" anyway :eyebrow:

Are we going to have this every time some ******** site throws yet more garbage on the internet?

ATX
06-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Don't buy these internet rumors. I'm perfectly fine with Chalmers at the point, and I'm sure 95% of Heat fans would riot if we swapped Beasley for Mayo.

The only way I can see this making any sense is if we have a deal in place for Elton Brand....and that sounds too far fetched to me...Why would LA swap Brand for Marion?

If we somehow ended up with Brand (trading Marion)...then a deal with Memphis would have to include Rudy Gay....So OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay and Darko Milic for Michael Beasley, Mark Blount, Dorrel Wright.

This would leave us with this lineup:

Mayo/Chalmers
Wade/Cook
Gay/Davis
Brand/Haslem
Milicic/Mourning

All in all, pretty solid. I don't see it happening...but If this rumor is true, this may be what Pat has up his sleeve....

ATX
06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
^^^That lineup would be pretty sick though right? Definatley ECF contenders.

DQL
06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Micky Arison should use his power to keep Riley from doing silly things. If we trade Beasley, Gay must be included

DQL
06-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Don't buy these internet rumors. I'm perfectly fine with Chalmers at the point, and I'm sure 95% of Heat fans would riot if we swapped Beasley for Mayo.

The only way I can see this making any sense is if we have a deal in place for Elton Brand....and that sounds too far fetched to me...Why would LA swap Brand for Marion?

If we somehow ended up with Brand (trading Marion)...then a deal with Memphis would have to include Rudy Gay....So OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay and Darko Milic for Michael Beasley, Mark Blount, Dorrel Wright.

Mayo/Chalmers
Wade/Cook
Gay/Davis
Brand/Haslem
Milicic/Mourning

All in all, pretty solid. I don't see it happening...but If this rumor is true, this may be what Pat has up his sleeve....

Man that Memphis trade has 0% to happen. I think they want Beasey just as much as they love Gay their cornerstone right now, Milicic is better than Blount and Mayo > Wright. Chris Wallace is dumb but he's not a cow

King Koopa
06-29-2008, 01:50 PM

Mayo/Chalmers
Wade/Cook
Gay/Davis
Brand/Haslem
Milicic/Mourning

I wouldnt mind this lineup if we get Brand for Marion, then we can trade Michael Beasley, Mark Blount, Wright for OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, and Darko.

ATX
06-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Ya, I know it's greedy...but before the draft, ESPN reported that Riley was asking for Gay in any exchange for Beasley. If it was just OJ and Darko for Beasley and Blount, I'd be pissed.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 01:55 PM
screw this... sign Kwame Brown and we're done... keep the depth! its something we didnt have last year...

Banks/Chalmers/(Quinn or other project PG)
Wade/Davis/Cook
Marion/Wright/(Clathes or other project)
Beasley/Haslem/(Lasme or Duncan)
Brown/Zo/Blount

Then send 3 of them to the d-league... if the PG position isnt working THEN trade banks and haslem to get a PG... othewise just keep the depth

King Koopa
06-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Or we just Sign Marbury, to a 2 year 12 million dollar contract or some thing.

PG Marbury/Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Haslem
C Blount/Zo

ATX
06-29-2008, 01:58 PM
^^^I agree Daleja, most likely to happen.

Master Mind
06-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Or we just Sign Marbury, to a 2 year 12 million dollar contract or some thing.

PG Marbury/Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Haslem
C Blount/Zo

I actually like this line-up...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I actually like this line-up...

starbury is a cancer...and a ball hog

Master Mind
06-29-2008, 02:18 PM
starbury is a cancer...and a ball hog

At this stage in his career he should be thinking rings and the only way to do that is team ball, Kobe realized that...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 02:19 PM
At this stage in his career he should be thinking a ring and the only to do that is team ball, Kobe realized that...

but if he is only thinking about a ring...why would he come here?

Master Mind
06-29-2008, 02:28 PM
but if he is only thinking about a ring...why would he come here?

I trust Pat to put together a playoff team and you know as well as I do, playoffs bring the best out of players...First things first though, put the right pieces together, win more ball games and position ourselves to make the playoffs no matter what seed...You got to see the big picture...

ATX
06-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Some more Rumor stuff to read:

Heat Might Look To Sign Duhon

Posted: 6/29/2008 3:51:00 AM
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

This summer's list of free-agent point guards falls into the categories of likely too pricey for the Heat (Jose Calderon, Keyon Dooling, Jannero Pargo, Beno Udrih), too old ( Darrell Armstrong, Anthony Carter, Sam Cassell, Anthony Johnson, Kevin Ollie, Damon Stoudamire) or too unappealing ( Earl Boykins, Dan Dickau, Smush Parker).

So unless the choice is Carlos Arroyo, Chris Duhon, Eddie House, Royal Ivey or Tyronn Lue, a trade might prove the preferred option.

And that again could lead the Heat into another courtship with the Grizzlies.

Not only did Memphis retain its point trio of Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry and Javaris Crittenton at the draft, but it added Marko Jaric in trade and wound up with No. 3 pick O.J. Mayo, who for weeks had told us how he could have set up so well as a point guard alongside Wade.

No, Mayo's not going anywhere, but somehow we doubt Memphis plans to retain five ballhandlers when its power rotation currently goes by the names of Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic and Antoine Walker (OK, and Darrell Arthur).

Figure on a Heat run at Duhon, consideration for Lue, and then a bid for one of Chris Wallace's leftovers.

ATX
06-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Link:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspira29sbjun29,0,4512030.column

Excerpt:

With the Heat, by contrast, Bosh would help balance the offense with Wade, seemingly could coexist with Michael Beasley, and would round out a skilled core for years to come.

By then (the Raptors hope), the Heat might address such a need through deals with Carlos Boozer or Elton Brand in the 2009 offseason (if not sooner).

If not, common sense says Riley is stashing max money for someone who works with Wade, not in place of him.

In 2003, had the Heat won its season finale in Toronto, it could have been the one drafting at No. 4 instead of the Raptors. At the time, it widely was believed that Riley would then have taken Bosh ahead of Wade, who went at No. 5.

Now it's looking as if the plan for 2010 is to re-deal that '03 draft — and perhaps double down.

I really hope that this is the Heats plan for 2010. Screw getting Carlos Boozer or Elton Brand...How sweet would it be to have a core of Wade, Bosh, and Beasley in 2010!!

ATX
06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
by 2010, Beasely will be a stud, and bringing Bosh to the Heat in 2010 would most certainly keep Wade in Miami. Looking at the bigger picture, I can't see a better plan.

DQL
06-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Some more Rumor stuff to read:

Heat Might Look To Sign Duhon

Posted: 6/29/2008 3:51:00 AM
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

This summer's list of free-agent point guards falls into the categories of likely too pricey for the Heat (Jose Calderon, Keyon Dooling, Jannero Pargo, Beno Udrih), too old ( Darrell Armstrong, Anthony Carter, Sam Cassell, Anthony Johnson, Kevin Ollie, Damon Stoudamire) or too unappealing ( Earl Boykins, Dan Dickau, Smush Parker).

So unless the choice is Carlos Arroyo, Chris Duhon, Eddie House, Royal Ivey or Tyronn Lue, a trade might prove the preferred option.

And that again could lead the Heat into another courtship with the Grizzlies.

Not only did Memphis retain its point trio of Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry and Javaris Crittenton at the draft, but it added Marko Jaric in trade and wound up with No. 3 pick O.J. Mayo, who for weeks had told us how he could have set up so well as a point guard alongside Wade.

No, Mayo's not going anywhere, but somehow we doubt Memphis plans to retain five ballhandlers when its power rotation currently goes by the names of Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic and Antoine Walker (OK, and Darrell Arthur).

Figure on a Heat run at Duhon, consideration for Lue, and then a bid for one of Chris Wallace's leftovers.

Honestly, is Duhon better than Chalmers or Banks?

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Honestly, is Duhon better than Chalmers or Banks?

he has playoff experience and has more experience running the point. I wouldn't mind having Duhon as a starter next year to have Chalmers as the backup so he can learn slowly... But I wouldnt mind having Chalmers start either so I really dont care either way

ATX
07-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I thought I would try and revive the appropriatre thread here. It was kinda sad I had to go to the bottom of the second page to find it....Anyways check out this article on ESPN...it's saying the Heat has the pieces to go after a title next year...but at what cost?? I don't agree with this article at all...just throwing some more rumor stuff out there to read.

Link: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-33-3/TrueHoop-Reader-Noah-Has-an-Idea-for-Pat-Riley.html

daleja424
07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I thought I would try and revive the appropriatre thread here. It was kinda sad I had to go to the bottom of the second page to find it....Anyways check out this article on ESPN...it's saying the Heat has the pieces to go after a title next year...but at what cost?? I don't agree with this article at all...just throwing some more rumor stuff out there to read.

Link: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-33-3/TrueHoop-Reader-Noah-Has-an-Idea-for-Pat-Riley.html

ya I read that... bu i wouldn't trade beasley for Brand... ever

ATX
07-01-2008, 02:57 PM
ya I read that... bu i would trade beasley for Brand... ever

I assume you meant wouldn't?

ATX
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Off topic

Daleja...No ATH reponse for today? I've been looking forward to reading your term paper all day...It's due, don't turn it in late. :D

daleja424
07-01-2008, 03:11 PM
I assume you meant wouldn't?

haha... ya thats what I meant... my bad

...and btw I just turned it in now. I never mean to write long... but somehow it always ends up being a lot longer then I mean for it to be when I start...

king j.a.l.
07-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Now this isn't a rumor or anything but I was thinking that this player might be a good additon to our roster; not to start or anything but he could be a good six man . and from a artical i read this mourning it is said that he might sign for the MLE amount and his team most likely wouldn't match it. Well this player is Ben Gordon. Now I know that some of yall may not like this but if the heat is set on making this year or next year their splash year instead of 2010. then I thinkthat having a shooter of his calibur would go a long ways in helping the heat make a quicker jump.

ATX
07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Ben Gordon turned down a monster deal last season didn't he? He won't sign for the MLE, but if you ask me, that's value seems right. Gordon at 6 million per just seems to fit. Especially since he isn't a regular starter in Chicago. Why would we need Gordon? To be Wades backup? We already a good young kid there in Cook...who is a hell of a lot cheaper. If we we're to spend the whole MLE on one player, it better be for a position of need...C/PG.

FYI-Udrih signed for five years to reamin in Sacramento, so get those ideas out of your heads.

fins08
07-01-2008, 08:33 PM
BG wants 75 mill. We would have to give him 12 years at the MLE. I want Duhon, Kwame if we cxan't make a splash. That is what I am expected.

king j.a.l.
07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
He can want all he want but he knows he blew it by not taking that deal. and I think he knowsthat right now that an MLE is about all he's going to get.No 1 is going to give him anything more than 6mill. a year unless he signs somewhere for maybe 2 season and proves that he's an max player. thats the only way that he gets a big contract.

I just think that he would make a great6th man 4 the heat