06-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Celtics Free agents: P.J Brown Tony Allen Sam Cassel James Posey Eddie House

Possible needs: backup PG Backup C backup SF Backup SG

Heres what i would like to see the celts do:

resign James posey
Sign J.R smith-If eddie house doesnt come back
Sign Kenyon Dooling
Sign Desagan Diop

I would try to keep tony allen for depth as well.

So here would be youre roster for next year:

PG: Rondo/Dooling/T Allen
SG: Allen/smith
SF:Pierce/Posey
PF:Garnett/powe
C:Perkins/Diop

This i think would be a great rotation.... What do you guys think for potential Fa signings

Celticsfan2007
06-27-2008, 10:46 PM
unrealistic FA signings, however im a huge fan of JR smith. he can just flat out shoot the ball. would be a good upgrade over house imo.

BostonPothead
06-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Diop would be a nice Big 7' ft body to backup Perk...Really no offense but he plays Def and can pull down boards.

tonyd3b54
06-28-2008, 01:22 AM
as much as id love to get smith i highly doubt it happens...im hoping pruitt can come in and do the job as a back up guard and we somehow get mourning to come to boston....dooling would be a niice signing as well...

celtics20
06-28-2008, 02:08 AM
aww man i would love that, i love jr smith he's sick. Dude can play and he is so underrated. Other then manu genobili (sorry if i spelt it wrong) smith would be the best 6th man in the league imo. easily. But getting diop and smith, that is pretty unrealistic...but it would be tite cuz diop would help w/ boards and D.

Ewagner
06-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Do you really think we can afford Jr Smith even if posey doesn't sign? i believe gidden and walker will take care of our SF and SG backup positions. i like the idea of dooling or even bring back dan dickau to back up rondo. how about kwame brown as a back to perkins. it would give us a quick second unit. maybe garnett can get through to him. this second unit would be great to watch. dooling/dickau, walker, gidden, powe, and brown. anoher option to back up rondo is lindsey hunter.

rufo4100
06-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Diop would be a nice Big 7' ft body to backup Perk...Really no offense but he plays Def and can pull down boards.

rotoworld says Diop is likely to sign back with Dallas for the mid level exception. I really see no reason to go after him, esspecially at the mid level exception price.

69centers
06-28-2008, 09:17 AM
JR Smith is a restricted free agent, so it's not like we can just ink him. Earl Boykins is an unrestricted free agent, as are Lindsey Hunter and Tyronn Lue. I believe Brent Barry as well.

futureheisman
06-28-2008, 10:20 AM
unrealistic FA signings, however im a huge fan of JR smith. he can just flat out shoot the ball. would be a good upgrade over house imo.

What is so unrealstic about these signings???????? Kenyon dooling J.R smith and desagana diop

Beno udrih would be a great Backup PG as well

ny sucks
06-28-2008, 10:32 AM
...money

BTownTeamsRKing
06-28-2008, 10:37 AM
JR Giddens is going to be better than JR Smith.

he has the same dunking ability, with MUCH better defense. altho smith can shoot better.

raiderdell
06-28-2008, 10:40 AM
hopefully they go mutumbo or mourning and can lure one of the two to beantown. I just read a article on it, i was hoping they could have lured him to boston before they signed pollard last year. I think he wants to stay in houston.

raiderdell
06-28-2008, 10:41 AM
hopefully we keep coach thibs too. that would be a key signing lol!

69centers
06-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, Thibodeau and Posey are the two biggest people we need resigned.

Corey
06-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I'd like to sign Chris Duhon.

Obviously resign Posey and House as well.

Rondo/Duhon/Pruitt
Allen/House/Giddens/Pruitt
Pierce/Posey/Walker (I doubt he's going to play at all)
Garnett/Powe/Davis
Perkins/???/Davis

Sports Illustrator
06-28-2008, 01:34 PM
With P.J. Brown unsure of whether he will return or retire, the club will contact a number of free agents when that season opens Tuesday. And don't be surprised if the C's, based on their success with Brown, go the veteran route again. It's expected that they will touch base with a crew that includes Alonzo Mourning and Dikembe Mutombo. At the other end of the size spectrum, the C's also will attempt to set themselves at the point behind Rajon Rondo. They hope to keep Eddie House, but the way his minutes took a dive at the beginning of the playoffs may have him considering other options. Jason Williams and Tyronn Lue are names to keep in mind if House looks for a different home.

From Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_06_28_Celts_drafting_offseason_plan/srvc=celt&position=1)

69centers
06-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Just think, who's gonna give all those pregame hugs if Posey leaves?:sad2:

KmB728
06-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Didnt Mutombo (spelling) reject a contract from us this past season because he said Boston was to cold???

i say we need to resign Posey and House, and then sign one free agent big

however if Pj Brown came back 1 more yr thatd be awesome, but i doubt it

vince wilfort
06-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Anyone else think Kurt Thomas is a possibility. Plays great defense and is a decent scorer off the bench. I think he'd be a great compliment to Perk, but I don't know if there's cap room to sign Thomas and Posey.

Ewagner
06-28-2008, 03:15 PM
hopefully they go mutumbo or mourning and can lure one of the two to beantown. I just read a article on it, i was hoping they could have lured him to boston before they signed pollard last year. I think he wants to stay in houston.

i would be shocked to see mutumbo come to boston

Corey
06-28-2008, 06:44 PM
At the other end of the size spectrum, the C’s also will attempt to set themselves at the point behind Rondo. They hope to keep Eddie House, but the way his minutes took a dive at the beginning of the playoffs may have him considering other options. Jason Williams and Tyronn Lue are names to keep in mind if House looks for a different home. The Celts hope that Gabe Pruitt will be more prepared to make a contribution in his second season, but they’d also like a solid veteran alternative.
From the Herald

KmB728
06-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Chris Webber outta retirement? haha nvm

i wouldnt mind if they decided to bring Gomes back

69centers
06-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Twolves have a lot going on, but McHale did say it was a priority to resign Gomes. Maybe he'll forget about him with all the draft trades and deals, and we can get him. :D

Corey
06-29-2008, 12:56 AM
No place to put Gomes. He'd just add on to our overloaded 4-spot.

DieHard CELT
06-29-2008, 12:31 PM
No place to put Gomes. He'd just add on to our overloaded 4-spot.

how can u say there would be no place to put gomes. They would make room for him seeing how he is 20x better than powe and davis.

Corey
06-29-2008, 01:08 PM
how can u say there would be no place to put gomes. They would make room for him seeing how he is 20x better than powe and davis.

That's a complete exaggeration. He's a solid player, and he'll get his 10+ppg, but Powe and Davis could do the same thing if they got his minutes.

And guess what: Our starting power forward makes a living off of hitting jumpers. What does Gomes excel at? Hitting jumpers in the 10-15 foot range. Powe and Davis are a shake up from Garnett which is why they are capable of having 20+ point games. Defenses get used to KG, then you throw in Powe and Davis who both like to bang and do the dirty work, and they can really do well.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gomes and everything...But I don't think he has a place on the team.

rufo4100
06-29-2008, 02:23 PM
i would be shocked to see mutumbo come to boston

Me too. He didnt want to come here last year and now he is a year older. If he truly wanted to win a title that he would come here but I honestly think he has other interests.

DieHard CELT
06-29-2008, 02:44 PM
That's a complete exaggeration. He's a solid player, and he'll get his 10+ppg, but Powe and Davis could do the same thing if they got his minutes.

And guess what: Our starting power forward makes a living off of hitting jumpers. What does Gomes excel at? Hitting jumpers in the 10-15 foot range. Powe and Davis are a shake up from Garnett which is why they are capable of having 20+ point games. Defenses get used to KG, then you throw in Powe and Davis who both like to bang and do the dirty work, and they can really do well.

ok first off, Gomes was all about going to the basket and getting tough shots inside the paint to fall. If you remember when he first became a celtic he had no jump shot really and got most of his points from second chance layups. Then he worked on his jump shot a lot over the offseason expanding his 3 point range as well.

"Despite his relatively small size, Gomes positions himself well on the court to rebound, and uses his hands well for easy put-back buckets and lay-ups." celtic analysis say this.

tommy heinsohn said he was the best offensive rebounder the celtics had when he played for the celtics.

Corey
06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
ok first off, Gomes was all about going to the basket and getting tough shots inside the paint to fall. If you remember when he first became a celtic he had no jump shot really and got most of his points from second chance layups. Then he worked on his jump shot a lot over the offseason expanding his 3 point range as well.
Inconsiste 3 point shooter, so that's a non-factor. His niche is the 15 foot range. He can do the dirty work, but that's certainly not his game. He's a shooter. I have no problem disagreeing with you on this one.

"Despite his relatively small size, Gomes positions himself well on the court to rebound, and uses his hands well for easy put-back buckets and lay-ups." celtic analysis say this.
I would hope so, he plays the 4.

tommy heinsohn said he was the best offensive rebounder the celtics had when he played for the celtics.
Your point? He isn't going to get minutes here with Garnett, Powe and Davis. We've invested too much time in all 3 of them, and that's who we're going to go with next season.

There's no place to put Gomes.

Global Celtic
06-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Also think Gomes would be redundant. Back ups at PG and C will be our priorities.

futureheisman
06-30-2008, 10:50 AM
a list of back PG's: Kenyon Dooling Chirs Duhon Shuan Livingston Smush Parker Lindsey Hunter Jannergo Pargo Beno Udrih Earl Boykins Delonte West.
The pick: Kenyon Dooling-Lindsey hunter would also be good to give pressure in the backcourt.

Backup C- Chris Anderson Alonzo Mourning Desagana Diop Kurt Thomas..
Degana Diop would be a perfect defensive guy off the bench to get rebounds and blocked shots.

69centers
06-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Jamaal Magloire's out there too, but I don't care much for him. He's kind of just a bully and not very skilled.

69centers
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FreeAgents-080629

ESPN ranked the top free agents. We need to see who's not coming back quick, because a lot of these guys on the list are going to go fast. If we can't resign Posey, I say Pietrus might be worth picking up for his defense and 3 point shooting. Kind of similar game to Posey.

tonyd3b54
06-30-2008, 02:10 PM
guys i wouldnt mind seein us sign would be pietrus, posey, kthomas, jhoward, kbrown, kdooling, pbrezec, telfair, mouring and livinston...

futureheisman
07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
why telfair

tonyd3b54
07-01-2008, 06:50 PM
cuz our back up pg is......___.... telfair had a good year in last year hes a serviceable back up...its not like hes my first option at pg but hes an option...

Corey
07-02-2008, 02:11 AM
House and Pruitt is a better option than Telfair..

tonyd3b54
07-02-2008, 02:27 AM
not if u want a pg that can dribble...if u want pgs that can shoot ya...

Ewagner
07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
guys i wouldnt mind seein us sign would be pietrus, posey, kthomas, jhoward, kbrown, kdooling, pbrezec, telfair, mouring and livinston...

i think telfair would be a servicable backup to run the second team. it would be interesting to se how he would do with avtual talent around him. i would knock off this list moruning cause he's not coming here and livingston because if he can play he starts. you just don't have a 6'9 backup point guard. i guess for cheap but i have a feeling someone is going to throw some money at this kid.

vince wilfort
07-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Telfair has literally no playoff experience. I think someone who has shown consistency in the postseason would be a better option. Telfair would be better off staying with the T-Wolves.

Corey
07-04-2008, 06:16 PM
* Darius Miles - Yup, you read that right. Spears even says that he had an "impressive workout." I've always thought of Darius as a chief knucklehead, but Danny isn't shy about taking a shot on those kinds of guys (especailly at cheap money) and he is that kind of "big 3" that Danny is rumored to love.
* Chris Andersen - You already knew about this, but did you know he was here for 2 days? Don't know if that means anything, but it sounds serious enough to me.
* David Harrison - You may remember David from such films as "Meltdown In San Antonio" and "Palace Brawl - Where Fans Get Attacked." I'll pass.
* Kirk Snyder - Is he still in the league?
* Patrick O'Bryant - He was the 9th pick in the 2006 draft and he's already a free agent? That can't be good.
* Also, the Herald reports "the team has taken a prolonged look at former Knicks center Randolph Morris and former Bulls guard Eddie Basden during this week’s rookie/free agent minicamp in Waltham."
* Sounds like Eddie House hasn't gotten much from the Celtics but has been contacted by the Knicks.
* In the pat we've seen names like Alonzo, Mutumbo, Ty Lue, Jason Williams, and others.

Link (http://www.celticsblog.com)

What do you think about the new names mentioned?

69centers
07-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I'll definitely take Chris Andersen, and if Darius Miles is looking decent, I'd probably take a chance with him, too. The rest of the names do not look very promising. Surely, we can find better players in the FA market who are willing to come to Boston.

cclipper44
07-05-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't know if i missed something, but what is the exact situation regarding house? Is he an unrestricted free agent as of right now or is he still with the celtics? I haven't really heard anything about him, which is why i'm wondering. Any help would be great. Thanks.

JimmyMal450
07-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't know if i missed something, but what is the exact situation regarding house? Is he an unrestricted free agent as of right now or is he still with the celtics? I haven't really heard anything about him, which is why i'm wondering. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Right now he's an unrestricted free agent. You havn't heard anything because really there's been no new news on him. Acoording to reports, he hasn't gotten an offer yet from the Celtics. The only news that I've heard is that the Knicks are showing intrest in him, thats all I know.

Ewagner
07-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Right now he's an unrestricted free agent. You havn't heard anything because really there's been no new news on him. Acoording to reports, he hasn't gotten an offer yet from the Celtics. The only news that I've heard is that the Knicks are showing intrest in him, thats all I know.

that has probable cooled since the knicks just reached a verbal agreement with duhon

cclipper44
07-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh alright. Thanks for the update guys, I appreciate it.

Cavs_Fan24
07-07-2008, 08:53 AM
do the Cs have the cash to pull all that off?:confused:
but if that did happen they'd be pretty damn good!:clap:

D-PHINSfan4life
07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't mind Lue he did well in NE and while he doesn't light the world on fire he would give us a solid back up PG

KmB728
07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
i just saw an article on boston.com... it said maggette and Doc are good friends, and their families are great friends as well ( major + )

also he said he wouldnt mind a reserve role... Maggette would be huge for us to get

Ewagner
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
i just saw an article on boston.com... it said maggette and Doc are good friends, and their families are great friends as well ( major + )

also he said he wouldnt mind a reserve role... Maggette would be huge for us to get

i've seen all the articles about maggette. would this be the beginning of the end for allen?

Corey
07-08-2008, 01:24 AM
i've seen all the articles about maggette. would this be the beginning of the end for allen?

Not quite. It would be the end for Posey, though.

KmB728
07-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Ya Maggette would come in behind Ray and Posey would probrably be out the door

Ewagner
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Not quite. It would be the end for Posey, though.

obviously they couldn't sign both of them. i beleive he would come to boston with the idea that this would be allens last year in boston and a guarentee that he would be the starter when he does go.

69centers
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Looks like we lost Maggette, and now Pietrus appears to be going to the Magic. Let's hope we can keep Posey, or we'll be back to the free agent drawing board. I won't worry though, as I'm sure someone will come to Boston for the MLE and a chance to win a ring.

kbrill21
07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
As far as back up guards go, looks like ol' friend Dan Dickau and Shaun Livingston were both released today. Man, if Livingston were healthy he would be a great addition for both backup guard spots.

69centers
07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure Livingston can ever get back to normal after that injury. It's probably the worst sports injury I've ever seen. It's hard to watch the video. To go from almost losing your leg back to an effective NBA player seems like a daunting task to me.

cmoneytakemoney
07-11-2008, 11:14 PM
What do you guys think about signing Eduardo Najera if Posey doesn't come back? Obviously I'd take Posey in a second over Najera but, Maggette, Pietrus, and James Jones signed elsewhere and Posey might not come back so Najera seems like the best fit at the SF position.

futureheisman
07-12-2008, 09:08 AM
What do you guys think about signing Eduardo Najera if Posey doesn't come back? Obviously I'd take Posey in a second over Najera but, Maggette, Pietrus, and James Jones signed elsewhere and Posey might not come back so Najera seems like the best fit at the SF position.

He signed with the nets already

futureheisman
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
how do you think we did in free agency

ZHawk1123
10-27-2008, 05:42 PM
how do you think we did in free agency

We picked up O'Bryant... That's it...

The Intimidator
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, we really didn't do anything, so...

futureheisman
11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
we got I think 2 good players through the draft and sign o bryant I think it was a good offseason but letting posey go was the wrong move

Celticsfan2007
11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
we got I think 2 good players through the draft and sign o bryant I think it was a good offseason but letting posey go was the wrong move

Not for the money he got, we can't replace what Posey did, but other players can step up.

69centers
11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Posey helped, but he wasn't the only factor in our Championship run. We had a little help from everyone, and let's not forget, 3 hall of famers. While Posey can turn around games, he and Chris Paul are not enough to bring a title to New Orleans.

Corey
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
He, Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler, Mo-Pete, David West, and Peja might be able to bring a title, though. They're good.

The Intimidator
11-04-2008, 06:02 PM
He, Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler, Mo-Pete, David West, and Peja might be able to bring a title, though. They're good.

Peja's a little dinged up right now, but yeah, that's a WCF team, IMO.

Corey
11-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Yea, but he'll be fine by playoffs. He's a shooter, and he'll have his stroke no matter what (most likely)

69centers
11-05-2008, 02:47 AM
I see the Rockets and Lakers standing in the way of the Hornets getting to the WCF right now. That's depending on how healthy each of those two are, but they are both better than the Hornets.

Corey
11-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Neither have a player that can contain Chris Paul in a series. I like the Hornets better than the Rockets, and see them competing with the Lakers.

69centers
11-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Chris Paul needs that other superstar he doesn't have. Lebron can't be contained, but he has no compliment, no Pippen. D. Wade needed Shaq. CP needs one more star player to be a champion.

The Intimidator
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Chris Paul needs that other superstar he doesn't have. Lebron can't be contained, but he has no compliment, no Pippen. D. Wade needed Shaq. CP needs one more star player to be a champion.

LeBron made it to the finals in '07 with a team of scrubs. It's possible that CP3 can do the same thing.

Corey
11-06-2008, 03:24 AM

David West is on his way to being a star.

But, Paul doesn't need another star when he's one of the best (if not THE best) passer in the league. He has a team full of GOOD role players, and he utilizes them.

69centers
11-06-2008, 09:43 AM
LeBron made it to the finals in '07 with a team of scrubs. It's possible that CP3 can do the same thing.

And LeBron and those scrubs got swept.

The Intimidator
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
And LeBron and those scrubs got swept.

I didn't say anything about him winning the finals...I just said he could make it there.

futureheisman
11-08-2008, 11:45 AM
There very good down there with David and Tyson Chandler I think they could win the title

rufo4100
11-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I see the Rockets and Lakers standing in the way of the Hornets getting to the WCF right now. That's depending on how healthy each of those two are, but they are both better than the Hornets.

Agreed. I think the Hornets are the 3rd best team out west.

futureheisman
11-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I think the celts could take any team in the west

Faneik
12-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Off-Topic: 1000th post!:clap: --> I wanted to do it in the Celtics Forum.:D

Frrrrank!!!
12-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Off-Topic: 1000th post!:clap: --> I wanted to do it in the Celtics Forum.:D

Off topic too....Congrats:clap:

Faneik
12-21-2008, 08:22 AM