PDA

View Full Version : If the Bulls don't make the playoff in 2009...?

beau_boy04
06-27-2008, 07:31 PM
The East got much tougher. With JO going to Toronto and the Nets with key acquisitions during the draft, Boston being the champion, Miami with Wade and Beasley, Cleveland with Lebron, Detroit still going strong, and others do you think the Bulls will crack the top 8?

Say for instance they don't make the playoff and just out of luck they get the #1 pick in the 2009 nba draft. Who would you want if the Bulls get the 2009 1st pick? My pick is Blake Griffin

Do you think they will make the playoff ?

KH12
06-27-2008, 07:32 PM
We'll be in the playoffs.

Ragun
06-27-2008, 07:34 PM
I think the Bulls will make it but they have to resign Gordon AND Deng.

beau_boy04
06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Orlando
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Atlanta
8. Philly
9. Milwaukee
10. Chicago

Do you agree?

KH12
06-27-2008, 07:39 PM
I think the Bulls will make it but they have to resign Gordon AND Deng.

no and yes. :)

JordansBulls
06-27-2008, 07:41 PM
The East got much tougher. With JO going to Toronto and the Nets with key acquisitions during the draft, Boston being the champion, Miami with Wade and Beasley, Cleveland with Lebron, Detroit still going strong, and others do you think the Bulls will crack the top 8?

Say for instance they don't make the playoff and just out of luck they get the #1 pick in the 2009 nba draft. Who would you want if the Bulls get the 2009 1st pick? My pick is Blake Griffin

Didn't I just start a thread on this and then you use the same phrases I did.
:laugh:

kozelkid
06-27-2008, 07:42 PM
ok, whether bulls make playoffs or not, there is no way they have one of the worst records.
with that being said blake griffin isnt realistic, that draft will also have WAY too many pgs/gaurds, only players that intrigue me are blake griffin (not realistic), and bj mullens and thabeet each of who are true centers.
I though a good idea would be say trade hinrich to t'wolves for crap contract and future #1. mchale is dumb enough to do it and they should have a top 5 worst record...
however I think bulls will make the playoffs, atlanta might not even get JJ for all we know, and philly was a fluke imo, and with mil it's still unpredictable btu with their weak depth, I doubt it.

Informer
06-27-2008, 09:24 PM
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Orlando
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Atlanta
8. Philly
9. Milwaukee
10. Chicago

Do you agree?

Agree on your picture or the standings? :p

Informer
06-27-2008, 09:27 PM

In all fairness though, I think the Bulls will make the playoffs this year. I really view last year as a fluke mainly due to the Bryant rumors and Deng/Gordon contract distractions. A lot of things happened that proved the fact that the current Bulls players are mentally not tough enough. Think Rose will have a say in what happens this season. I think there will be some roster changes and things will be fine. The Bulls seemed to do better when the pressure wasn't on them to perform, however, there's some leadership on that team finally. I think we'll be alright.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 09:35 PM
If you guys are able to resign Deng and Gordon, I can see the Bulls getting the 5th or 6th spot in the East. Your team has been together for a long time and, like Memphis, they probably just needed a point guard to bring everyone together. I think you will make the playoffs because I think that Philly and Atlanta got lucky last year. I also think you actually have a better team than the Raptors(individual talent wise.)

rico
06-27-2008, 10:18 PM
im not so positive the pistons will be so high this year if they make moves. - never know how that will change things.

Turtle55
06-27-2008, 10:21 PM
If you guys are able to resign Deng and Gordon, I can see the Bulls getting the 5th or 6th spot in the East. Your team has been together for a long time and, like Memphis, they probably just needed a point guard to bring everyone together. I think you will make the playoffs because I think that Philly and Atlanta got lucky last year. I also think you actually have a better team than the Raptors(individual talent wise.)

I never thought I'd like a Knicks fan but you are growing on me. I agree completely (but not with the Memphis thing). We should be back in the middle of the standings next year.

Kyben36
06-27-2008, 10:47 PM
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Orlando
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Atlanta
8. Philly
9. Milwaukee
10. Chicago

Do you agree?

First I dont think Milwaukee will be that good. Name 2 good players they have that can carry them. Then I also dont feel that Philly is that good either. I think they pulled a fluke last year to get to the playoffs. What do they do well besides run and they dont have a low post scorer. They arnt that good IMO. Orlando should be good as long as Howard doesnt get hurt. Detroit is fading. Atlanta is set up well to be good. Boston will be good for 2 more years atleast. I dont know if Cleavland can stay that good. not with a) no point guard, b) Ben Walace c) Wally sucks d) Big Z is injury pron. e) Lebron Cant Carry a team forever. Toranto should be good, if JO can stay on the floor. Miami Could be good, if Wade stays uninjured. We could be good, if avoiding off court confrentation, and everyone plays up to expectations.

this is all IMO. What do you think

kozelkid
06-27-2008, 10:59 PM
First I dont think Milwaukee will be that good. Name 2 good players they have that can carry them. Then I also dont feel that Philly is that good either. I think they pulled a fluke last year to get to the playoffs. What do they do well besides run and they dont have a low post scorer. They arnt that good IMO. Orlando should be good as long as Howard doesnt get hurt. Detroit is fading. Atlanta is set up well to be good. Boston will be good for 2 more years atleast. I dont know if Cleavland can stay that good. not with a) no point guard, b) Ben Walace c) Wally sucks d) Big Z is injury pron. e) Lebron Cant Carry a team forever. Toranto should be good, if JO can stay on the floor. Miami Could be good, if Wade stays uninjured. We could be good, if avoiding off court confrentation, and everyone plays up to expectations.

this is all IMO. What do you think

for starters, that's a big IF for orlando since i dont think dwight has any track record of being injured, I in fact believe that they can have the second best record in the east behind boston. with cavs, when you have one of the best players in the league and you are a team in the east, you are automatically in the playoffs, simple as that. Mil has redd and RJ as their main players, though I have feeling that it wont be enough... It really was a strange move cause obviously it appears they want to win now but that's not NEARLY enough... Although I do agree that philly is a fluke and unless they get brand, I dont see them getting that far. Iggy is nice, but if he's your first option, you have a long way to go...
as for pistons, I dont see them making any major moves and even if they did, they still will have more than enough pieces to get to the playoffs.
I think bulls can also make it, but honestly I wouldnt care that much since they wouldnt get far either way, but the experience is important for the youngsters....
I also dont think atl will make it, I have a feeling that with their cheap management they lose josh smith, some other team will grab him...

Turtle55
06-27-2008, 11:02 PM
I like the Milwaukee trade. All five of their starters are double digit scorers and two of them 20 plus. I don't like them to contend but definate playoff picture.

DA FRANCHISE
06-27-2008, 11:14 PM
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Orlando
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Atlanta
8. Philly
9. Milwaukee
10. Chicago

Do you agree?

no i don't cause boston barely got past cleveland,and atlanta, and their youner and faster and will get better then got the raps jo can't stay healthy
orlando is a two man show and cleveland is a one man show so 1-4 through is open like the west. we all must remeber we were was the sexy pick to come out the east last year. with our priortys all in place we finish what we started

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Lol, nice to know I'm getting liked around here. Yeah, I am a huge Knicks fan, but I still respect other teams...Plus, when Jordan was with the Bulls, they were one of my favorite teams so it's not like I can stop liking a team because they lost a player. The Bulls are one of the teams that I like, but not love because of them being in the same conference as the Knicks.
My playoff picture:
1.Celtics
2. Magic
3. Detroit (most consistent team year in year out in the East)
4. Cavs
5. Bulls (I love the starting lineup that they can have...they have too much talent to not have the 5th seed)
6. Heat
7. Toronto
8. Bucks
9. Atlanta
10.Philly/Knicks
11. Knicks/Philly
I think last year, Philly and Atlanta was somewhat a glitch/default. The East was complete crap last year besides the top 4 teams. Atlanta is too streaky a team to be a lock for the playoffs...they would probably have the 9th. Kinda sad, I'm a huge Knicks fan and I don't even think they will make the playoffs this year...I'm just being realistic. I guess they have a very slight chance at the 8th, but It's very slim. I also think they have a better team then Philly, so probably the 9th spot.

Turtle55
06-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Lol, nice to know I'm getting liked around here. Yeah, I am a huge Knicks fan, but I still respect other teams...Plus, when Jordan was with the Bulls, they were one of my favorite teams so it's not like I can stop liking a team because they lost a player. The Bulls are one of the teams that I like, but not love because of them being in the same conference as the Knicks.
My playoff picture:
1.Celtics
2. Magic
3. Detroit (most consistent team year in year out in the East)
4. Cavs
5. Bulls (I love the starting lineup that they can have...they have too much talent to not have the 5th seed)
6. Heat
7. Toronto
8. Bucks
9. Atlanta
10.Philly/Knicks
11. Knicks/Philly
I think last year, Philly and Atlanta was somewhat a glitch/default. The East was complete crap last year besides the top 4 teams. Atlanta is too streaky a team to be a lock for the playoffs...they would probably have the 9th. Kinda sad, I'm a huge Knicks fan and I don't even think they will make the playoffs this year...I'm just being realistic. I guess they have a very slight chance at the 8th, but It's very slim. I also think they have a better team then Philly, so probably the 9th spot.

You guys need to do some major addition by subtraction (Marbury, Randolph) then you guys can begin to build. By the way I think Gallinari was a great pick for you guys. Bayless isn't the true point that Dantoni needs.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:29 PM
That's what I've been saying in our forums...every1 has been complaining about not getting Bayless or not trading anyone. I am happy we got Gallinari-6'10'' without sneakers, can shoot the ball, is a leader in a team that plays in Europe-considered to be one step higher than NCAA and he is only 19!! He will be something special I think. I'm hoping we keep Marbury because he has an expiring contract. Plus, he plays well when motivated and now he knows that if he does not play well this year with D, he is not going to get a good contract with any team...his play this year can determine his career. Randolph...is another story. We have to get rid of the cancer.

DA FRANCHISE
06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
every teams need a six man that can shoot look at the spurs and bayless to the bulls for gordon replaces a sixth man with another and he will be more athletic and once again HE PLAYS D

Draco
06-28-2008, 12:03 AM
I remember a year ago, beau_boy04 was the first poster to bring up Derrick Rose as a draft prospect we should want to get. We beat astronomical odds of landing him but props to beau_boy04 all the same. Good call!

Davisayan
06-28-2008, 03:59 AM
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Orlando
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Atlanta
8. Philly
9. Milwaukee
10. Chicago

Do you agree?

No. Just by the roster everybody has (but the off-season has just started so everything should change. Detroit especially ) this is how the standings would be if this were the final rosters.

1.Boston
2.Detriot
3.Orlando
4.Cleveland(besides james and west its going to be a team of has-beens)
5.Toronto
6.Atlanta
7.Chicago
8.Philly

chicubs377
06-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I think the east will play out like this

1.Boston
2.Orlando
3.Detroit
4.Cleveland
5.Toronto
6.Chicago
7.Milwaukee
8.Miami/NJ

Blue Tiger
06-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I predict that
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Orlando
4. Toronto
5. Cleveland
6. Chicago(if Deng+Gordon is back)
7. Milwaukee
8. Philadelphia

9. Miami/New Jersey

beau_boy04
07-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't see Paxson making a huge deal that will bring us to the top. Therefore, I foresee the following:

1. Boston - PP, KG, Ray Allen
2. Detroit - Billups, others
3. Cleveland - Lebron James! enough said!
4. Orlando - D Howard! that's enough for a playoff spot
5. Toronto - Bosh, J Oneal and Calderon
6. Washington - C Butler, Jamison
7. Miami - D Wade, Marion and Beasley
8. Atlanta - J Johnson, Horford, J Smith?

I see the Bulls in the lottery once again UNLESS the following guys average (at least) the following:

Rose 17ppg, 7apg
TT 18ppg, 10 rpg
Deng 18ppg, 6 rpg
Noah 12ppg, 9 rpg

If these group of guys don't average at least these numbers then I see the Bulls going to the Lottery once again. Hopefully winning it once again .... Blake Griffin, Derozan, Mullens, here we come :hammerhead:

BullsNumber1Fan
07-03-2008, 12:08 AM
IMO it'll look like this:

1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Cleveland
4. Detroit
5. Toronto
6. Chicago (Only if Deng+Gordon is back, Hinrich/Nocioni traded)
7. Washington
8. Miami (Wade, Marion, Beasley-All I have to say)

9. Millwaukee (Could be possibly the 8th seed)
10. Atlanta

mschmidt64
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
IF we landed the first pick again... I'd trade it for a star.

I don't think next year's draft is as good.

mschmidt64
07-03-2008, 12:14 AM
IMO it'll look like this:

1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Cleveland
4. Detroit
5. Toronto
6. Chicago (Only if Deng+Gordon is back, Hinrich/Nocioni traded)
7. Washington
8. Miami (Wade, Marion, Beasley-All I have to say)

9. Millwaukee (Could be possibly the 8th seed)
10. Atlanta

1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Cleveland
4. Detroit
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Chicago
8. Atlanta

9. 76ers
10. Washington

Noreaga
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM

you stated that the east got tougher with one reason being that JO moved to Toronto.....in my mind it stayed the same cuz he was in the East before with the pacers....one team got better and the other got worse in a sense....the nets got more young players, not necessarily better because richard jefferson was a legit scorer...yi and simmons not so much...Miami won 15-16 games last year??? Beasley will not make them improve that much. if detroit loses billups and prince...they will be rebuilding i would think...we'll see, but if chemistry on the bulls works then i see no reason why we cants be a top 5 seed in the EAS(Y)

Starkonian
07-03-2008, 03:41 PM
If the Bulls don't make the playoff in 2009...?

jees, who cares. Lets go out and kick some ### this season. I think the Bulls are in for significant turn around this season. I'll save my negative thoughts for next spring if they were to collapse.

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Cleveland
4. Detroit
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Chicago
8. Atlanta

9. 76ers
10. Washington

I just want to avoid Boston at all cost.

mschmidt64
07-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I just want to avoid Boston at all cost.

You'd avoid them in the first round.

Then you'd have the honor of getting trounced by them in the second round, IF you get by Orlando, which I don't know if we could do.

The Smurf
07-03-2008, 04:07 PM
If the season goes the way it should there is no possible way we finish above seventh or eigth. By this I mean, we should be playing young guys and not worrying about our record. I actually hope we have one more year outside of the playoffs.

SDBearsFan
07-03-2008, 04:14 PM
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Orlando
5. Miami
6. Toronto
7. Atlanta
8. Philly
9. Milwaukee
10. Chicago

Do you agree?

Cleveland number 2? No way.

Boston's obviously the favorite, Orlando will be better, as will Miami, but I don't see the Bulls at 10. Plus, it's way, way too early to tell what will happen with injuries.

how can you count on us in the lottery next year? :pity:

Vincent
07-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't see Paxson making a huge deal that will bring us to the top. Therefore, I foresee the following:

1. Boston - PP, KG, Ray Allen
2. Detroit - Billups, others
3. Cleveland - Lebron James! enough said!
4. Orlando - D Howard! that's enough for a playoff spot
5. Toronto - Bosh, J Oneal and Calderon
6. Washington - C Butler, Jamison
7. Miami - D Wade, Marion and Beasley
8. Atlanta - J Johnson, Horford, J Smith?

I see the Bulls in the lottery once again UNLESS the following guys average (at least) the following:

Rose 17ppg, 7apg
TT 18ppg, 10 rpg
Deng 18ppg, 6 rpg
Noah 12ppg, 9 rpg

If these group of guys don't average at least these numbers then I see the Bulls going to the Lottery once again. Hopefully winning it once again .... Blake Griffin, Derozan, Mullens, here we come :hammerhead:

Whoa, that's a really strong statement...

If those guys averaged those types of numbers, the Bulls would be well over the 8th seed. Assuming that was the starting lineup, and they got very little production from the SG starting position (7 points per game), 18+18+12+17+7 = 73... which is comparable to the starting lineup of the Celtics - Pierce, Allen, KG, Rondo, and Perkins (20+19+17+10+7=73). I also think the Bulls have a more productive bench as well (with Gordon scoring in the 18-20s and Nocioni scoring in the 13-15s).

I think the Bulls will be competitive and surprise a lot of teams. But they won't compete for a title for sure. They really just need to develope and hope that their prospects are going to step up.

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Orlando
4. Toronto
5. Cleveland
6. Washington
7. Chicago
8. Miami

hdxstunts1
07-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I see the bulls in the playoffs but not a high seed.

1. Orlando
2. Boston (If they resign everyone they'll be the 1 tho)
3. Detriot (Only if they keep everyone)
4. Cleveland
5. Toronto
6. Chicago (I see us at anywhere from the 4-10 in east)
7. Washington (only if Arenas stays healthy)
8. Philidelphia

I see the bulls in it tho, unless there are key injuries like this past year. If they make any trades tho i see them getting into the top 4(depends on trades). I'd like to keep deng and gordan but its not essential that we do i still see us at maybe a 7 or 8 seed without them.

nolin
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM

Way to early to predict who's going #1 next year the college season hasnt even started. But i gurantee you its not blake Griffin or any other person named in this thread.

kozelkid
07-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Way to early to predict who's going #1 next year the college season hasnt even started. But i gurantee you its not blake Griffin or any other person named in this thread.

wow, how wouldnt it blake or even anyone else named in this thread. there may be some changes but it's definitly one of top 5 talents that analysts currently look at. rose and beas were also both top 5 locks before the college season. I expect it to be one of blake/rubio/jennings/mullens/derozan possible harden, but he's too combo for me to be a top pick... I know what you mean when you say that alot can change within a college season, but the 5-6 players I just mentioned are still talent wise completely seperated from the other players, in fact this draft is considered to be very ****ty outside the top 5, in terms of depth...

abe_froman
07-03-2008, 05:14 PM
wow, how wouldnt it blake or even anyone else named in this thread. there may be some changes but it's definitly one of top 5 talents that analysts currently look at. rose and beas were also both top 5 locks before the college season. I expect it to be one of blake/rubio/jennings/mullens/derozan possible harden, but he's too combo for me to be a top pick... I know what you mean when you say that alot can change within a college season, but the 5-6 players I just mentioned are still talent wise completely seperated from the other players, in fact this draft is considered to be very ****ty outside the top 5, in terms of depth...
it'll be rubio or jennings(depending on who owns the top pick) i'd put money on it

kozelkid
07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
it'll be rubio or jennings(depending on who owns the top pick) i'd put money on it

I dont think rubio, simply cause he is a european player and after bargnani and darko... I have my bets on jennings vs griffin, possibly derozan as the dark horse, like mayo this year.

abe_froman
07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I dont think rubio, simply cause he is a european player and after bargnani and darko... I have my bets on jennings vs griffin, possibly derozan as the dark horse, like mayo this year.

i don't think gm's are as scared of euro's as fans are,plus for every darko there's a gasol so...besides if a team like the knicks get the 1st i dont see them passing on ricky that easily.add to that the why griffen back out of this draft and how it rarely helps your stock rise if you enter then pull out for an extra year if your in the lotto(hibbert)

kozelkid
07-03-2008, 05:43 PM
i don't think gm's are as scared of euro's as fans are,plus for every darko there's a gasol so...besides if a team like the knicks get the 1st i dont see them passing on ricky that easily.add to that the why griffen back out of this draft and how it rarely helps your stock rise if you enter then pull out for an extra year if your in the lotto(hibbert)

well blake unlike hibbert or even noah, was very raw coming in, he is expected to develop more and hope to be valued higher because of that, i can see it happenening...
I like rubio, but if knicks have the first pick, they are definitly take a player of flash, which jennings has. he can handle the media better, he is more exciting and I just think overall he will be a better player. rubio imo is a very good passer, but to heavy and I dont expect him to attack the basket as well, while his shooting is slightly above average. jennings is very athletic, very good passer, very good shooter, etc, he is a complete pg, this kid has paul potential imo. With griffin who knows, but unless knicks have the second pick and jennings is the first player taken, I expect griffin to be a top 2 pick

Turtle55
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't care at all who's number one next year because we will not be in the lottery next year. We should have made the playoffs last year and will be much better next year. Everybody says the east is better but when's the last time somebody needed a winning record to be the 8 seed in the east. Sure it's improved but not as dramatically as everyone claims before the season. People make these claims every year but the 7,8,9 teams in the east are still never that good.