PDA

View Full Version : SUNS short FA list

chadillachembre
06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
according to gambo and ash they say that we are going to push hard for one of 3 pg's

chris duhan
tyronne lue
anthony johnson

certificial
06-27-2008, 08:41 PM
anthony johnson would be a nice short term option but duhon is the best option. he has a winners mentality, a nice outside game and good d. I'd have to rule out Lue.....sorry.

TrueFan23
06-27-2008, 09:12 PM
why dont u guys just get Kirk hinrich, he is the best point guard available.

JPHX
06-28-2008, 03:15 AM
I agree. Captain Kirk is the best on that list. but how much is he gonna cost?

lavis
06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Kirk can only be traded for.. I doubt we have anything Bulls want.

I'd take Duhon.

chadillachembre
06-28-2008, 09:46 AM
i would trade barbosa for hinrich straight up. i think barbosa is the better player but hinrich would play a more important and more valuable role on this team. im all for him as the back up but of the 3 i heard id agree with every one else that duhon is the best of the 3

nashty13
06-28-2008, 11:00 AM
We can't just "go get" Kirk Hinrich. And no, as of now i would not give up Barbosa for him. Before the selected Rose, maybe, but now that he's not a necessity on that team, absolutely not. Anyways, Kerr and Griffin are pretty set on Dragic being the guy in a couple years, so giving away a future piece in barbosa for a guy who may become obsolete in two years would be ********. Duhon is our best bet if we can ink to only 2 or 3 years.

lavis
06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
i would trade barbosa for hinrich straight up. i think barbosa is the better player but hinrich would play a more important and more valuable role on this team. im all for him as the back up but of the 3 i heard id agree with every one else that duhon is the best of the 3

doubt the Bulls have any need for a fast but onedimensional player (Barbosa). Especially since they're already loaded with guards. They probably want something else.

God of War
06-28-2008, 12:49 PM
We can't just "go get" Kirk Hinrich. And no, as of now i would not give up Barbosa for him. Before the selected Rose, maybe, but now that he's not a necessity on that team, absolutely not. Anyways, Kerr and Griffin are pretty set on Dragic being the guy in a couple years, so giving away a future piece in barbosa for a guy who may become obsolete in two years would be ********. Duhon is our best bet if we can ink to only 2 or 3 years.

Getting Dragic clearly was NOT about saving money. It cost Sarver some money on draft night and it's going to cost him even more to buy out his Euro contract. My gut feeling is that Sarver will try to buy out his contract to get him over here now. If this guy can play under Nash for one year, he might be a very good replacement.

As for Barbosa, unless we can get someone of equal value or greater, I would hold onto him. We really don't have much of a bench to begin with. He just needs to work on his defense.

king4day
06-28-2008, 05:21 PM
anthony johnson would be a nice short term option but duhon is the best option. he has a winners mentality, a nice outside game and good d. I'd have to rule out Lue.....sorry.

I hate Lue. He was coveted by us and he went to Dallas where he didn't see much of the light of day.

onelove_05
06-28-2008, 07:16 PM
according to gambo and ash they say that we are going to push hard for one of 3 pg's

chris duhan
tyronne lue
anthony johnson

Hopefully neither. Honestly neither one of these players are going to push the Suns over the top.

jlove
06-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Supposedly since Portland has Bayless/Blake/Sergio and they still have Pitteri Kopenen in Europe, there are rumors that Sergio is the odd man out (as was Jack, but he was packaged to get Bayless). Portland leading up to the draft was interested in Barbosa. The question is, are they still interested? Since it's looking as if Dragic won't be coming over till next summer, we need a back-up PG and Sergio did well in his time last year. If we could work a deal of maybe Barbosa/Tucker for Sergio/Webster/Diogu (or Frye) or Sergio/Outlaw/Diogu it would deepen our bench and give us the rotational players we're looking for.

Nash/Sergio/Strawberry
Bell/Giricek (re-signed)
Webster/Hill/Diaw
Amare/Diogu
Shaq/Lopez/Skinner (re-signed)

suns4lifer
06-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I really want chris duhan. I heard this on the radio and take a note he would huge for us. He plays d and we need that from a pg because next you they have the no flop rule. No more nash leading the league in charges (the only defense he plays). If we can land lue for minimum and then go grab one more FA I like that as well. I think we need to get strawberry some pt even as a combo guard. I think he is strong enough to guard some 2's we played him on KOBE last year he did good for a rook who never got pt.

Tom81
06-29-2008, 05:26 AM

I'd take Duhon.

agreed

NoSense
06-29-2008, 08:07 AM

I'd take Duhon.

We have what the Bulls want I think but the ticket Kirk-Steve wouldn't be good IMO. They're 2 starting PGs in the NBA, we need a good solid point guard.

For that I agree with taking on Duhon

STAT1
06-30-2008, 01:55 AM
i heard jamaal tinsley is going to get bougt out.

FreedomReigns
06-30-2008, 02:53 AM

Unfortunatly a Barbosa for Hinrich deal is not possible under rules of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Player contracts must match or be within a small percentage.

Hinrich:

2008/09: 10,000,000 - 2009/10: 9,500,000 - 2010/11: 9,000,000 - 2011/2012: 8,000,000.

Barbosa:

2008/09: 6,100,00 - 2009/10: 6,600,000 - 2010/11: 7,100,000 - 2011/12: 7,600,000.

Boris Diaw would be an option though. He makes 9,000,000 a year over the same time frame with a player option in 2011/2012.

STAT1
07-01-2008, 01:49 AM
I think we should go after Carl Landry from the rockets. Hes a restricted free agent though.