PDA

View Full Version : Good News For Isles Fans!

NDMets57
06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
.... Looks like we'll have a great shot at next years "Stamkos" or whoever the first pick will be?.... Unless Snow pulls a rabbit out of his *** and miraculously makes some good moves

marco193
06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
You know we'll sign just enough fringe/cheap free agents to keep our heads above water and out of the #1 slot. At least Mad Mike isn't GM to wheel and deal our valuable picks anymore.

ChrisAnchors
06-28-2008, 06:09 AM
honestly i do not like your guys attitudes. go isles

marco193
06-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Sorry, Chris. I've been an Isles fan since '74 so I feel cheated guys like Spano and Milbury were allowed to ruin a once fine franchise. Back in the day the team was built on draft picks and the wisdom of Arbour and Torrey. The game changed with free agency and left us dangling in the wind. We've had good seasons since our heyday. I remember Turgeon almost single-handedly carrying us to a Finals in 1993 before Dale Hunter laid a dirty hit on him and ruined our chances against the Habs in the conference finals. Slim pickings since then. Seeing guys we've drafted (Redden/McCabe/Charo/Connolly/Luongo, etc..) go on to flourish on other teams really hurts. We'll be great again. Ownership is doing what it can to piece together a playoff team but unless we shell out some $$$ to add vets to the kids the task becomes much harder.

ChrisAnchors
06-28-2008, 02:18 PM
understandable...

NDMets57
06-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Ive been threw cheapness with alot of my favorite teams and the Isles have been very stingy. I love the Isles but I'd like to see more effort to please the fans or smarter moves.

letsgorangers27
06-28-2008, 10:21 PM
.... Looks like we'll have a great shot at next years "Stamkos" or whoever the first pick will be?.... Unless Snow pulls a rabbit out of his *** and miraculously makes some good moves

next years stamkos is john tavares. he would have gone top 3 this yr if the league would have allowed him 2 be in the draft. he missed the cutoff by a week or something

italianyankees
06-29-2008, 12:46 AM
shut up stupid ranger fan

marco193
06-29-2008, 04:07 AM
Ive been threw cheapness with alot of my favorite teams and the Isles have been very stingy. I love the Isles but I'd like to see more effort to please the fans or smarter moves.
Snow has already admitted he won't be a major player in the FA market. Not like that was earthshaking news but how can we compete if we're not in the game? They opened the vaults for DP but he can't do it alone.
The problem is free agents don't want to come to LI, especially to play for a team rebuilding. We'll get the fringe guys like the Sillingers and Jackamans, but don't expect to see any big names donning Isles jerseys come opening drop.

marco193
06-29-2008, 04:16 AM
shut up stupid ranger fan

Love the enthusiam,iy, but the guy wasn't flaming us, he was actually being informative. Trust me, there will plenty of time to combat ranger fans before long. BTW, did we win that Cup for the local team to win the season series vs the Devs and rangers? Besides, I lived in NYC for almost 35 years and never once saw a real ranger, aren't they in like Yosemite chasing Yogi Bear or picking up raccoon turds?

ChrisAnchors
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
hell yeah we won the metro ice challenge. The only bright spot for our season.

marco193
06-30-2008, 07:04 AM

Excellent. Bragging rights are mine when I go home to NJ for a visit in 2 weeks! Love to tease the Devils fans in my family about their "parking lot parades" when they won their Cups and the rangers are an easy target all the time.

marco193
06-30-2008, 07:05 AM

Excellent. Bragging rights are mine when I go home to NJ for a visit in 2 weeks! Love to tease the Devils fans in my family about their "parking lot parades" when they won their Cups and the rangers are an easy target all the time.

NDMets57
06-30-2008, 01:44 PM
The free-agent market opens Tuesday, but Snow said: "We're not going to be major players on July 1. We're going to kick tires, and we'll try to make our team better if it makes sense in our overall plan ... The emphasis for me is on the plan we've been talking about, which is developing our own players."

Thats the only reason I've said this. We are stuck in a hole right now and Snow isnt trying to get back up.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15952

Exactly what I was refering too ^^

ChrisAnchors
06-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I get what your saying.. but to argue, who do you want in this FA? Who do you think can make a big difference for this team.. The arguably best player this year is Hossa, and Atlanta sucked last year. Not to mention, he was playing with Iyla Kovalchuk. I dont disagree with Snow on this one. The only way to dig out of the hole is to develop players and not trade them. Also it wouldnt hurt for them to rebuild the Colosseum so that players would like to play for us.

Not to be disrespectful to you, but if you wanna cheer for a team that shells out money, be a rangers fan. They still suck and they bring in every big name guy.

marco193
07-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Also in that blog was a rumor we're looking to sign Doug Weight. Not a bad move. Granted he was less than stellar last season but he would provide a great deal of experience, a la Guerin, to the youth movement.
ChrisAnchors, that's the exact reason I hate the Rangers. They bring in the big names for big dollars and usually end up with big disappointment. I'm not asking Wang to open the vaults wide, just a crack. Keep the guys like Vasicek and Fedetenko and Dubie instead of letting them walk so we can at least stay competitive while the kids develop. I like the job Snow has done so far but he needs a little seed money for us to stay above water. We'll never be able to compete for the big-time players unless we show them we're making strides forwards and not backwards.

NDMets57
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I get what your saying.. but to argue, who do you want in this FA? Who do you think can make a big difference for this team.. The arguably best player this year is Hossa, and Atlanta sucked last year. Not to mention, he was playing with Iyla Kovalchuk. I dont disagree with Snow on this one. The only way to dig out of the hole is to develop players and not trade them. Also it wouldnt hurt for them to rebuild the Colosseum so that players would like to play for us.

Not to be disrespectful to you, but if you wanna cheer for a team that shells out money, be a rangers fan. They still suck and they bring in every big name guy.

I agree with rebuilding the place although I don't know the financial aspects. But I would at least like us to go after again... Liles, Cambells a stretch, maybe make us think they want Redden, Commodore although someone told me he doesnt get along with Witt. The thing is they definitely need defense. Poor DP can't do it alone. Well he can cuz hes that good but not to his potential. We certainly dont have any depth on young defense besides possibly Gervais.

And bottom line.... we can't get it done with our young kids. I hope they prove me wrong but again, I got to watch them in tons of games in the minor an they weren't stars down there either.

NDMets57
07-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Also in that blog was a rumor we're looking to sign Doug Weight. Not a bad move. Granted he was less than stellar last season but he would provide a great deal of experience, a la Guerin, to the youth movement.
ChrisAnchors, that's the exact reason I hate the Rangers. They bring in the big names for big dollars and usually end up with big disappointment. I'm not asking Wang to open the vaults wide, just a crack. Keep the guys like Vasicek and Fedetenko and Dubie instead of letting them walk so we can at least stay competitive while the kids develop. I like the job Snow has done so far but he needs a little seed money for us to stay above water. We'll never be able to compete for the big-time players unless we show them we're making strides forwards and not backwards.

I agree with u the most on that, why let these guys go for cap room if you aren't going to sign anyone. Satan is gone, I realize he was gettin overpayed but between him and Tank going, someones gotta score goals besides Guerin. No reason to let Bates and Tank or Vasicek go

ChrisAnchors
07-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I agree with rebuilding the place although I don't know the financial aspects. But I would at least like us to go after again... Liles, Cambells a stretch, maybe make us think they want Redden, Commodore although someone told me he doesnt get along with Witt. The thing is they definitely need defense. Poor DP can't do it alone. Well he can cuz hes that good but not to his potential. We certainly dont have any depth on young defense besides possibly Gervais.

And bottom line.... we can't get it done with our young kids. I hope they prove me wrong but again, I got to watch them in tons of games in the minor an they weren't stars down there either.

gervais and campoli both look like they are going to be excellent defenders in this league... lets not forget that the first half of last season we were excellent on defense. The problem with our team was we couldnt get any goals.

i wish the isles got rid of sutton though, i always hated him on the ice, felt like at any time he could hand the other team a goal.

KingHenry30
09-13-2009, 10:29 PM
yea ok stamkos is on lightning

kmo429
09-13-2009, 11:46 PM
yea ok stamkos is on lightning

Stop doing this