PDA

View Full Version : lets look back at the gasol trade

innovator
06-27-2008, 11:36 AM
i also posted this in the grizz forum

the trade now looks like this

crittenton,darrell arthur,kwame brown,aaron mckie,marc gasol,2010 1st for pau gasol,2010 2nd

now the trade doesnt look like that its lopsided in favor of the lakers, hell now its looks like the trade has equal value for both teams

BALLER71
06-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Not equal, but not as lopsided as it was before.

Havoc52
06-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Arthur might have well as been a mid lottery pick. Mckie and Brown was just there to make the money work and now they're gone (FA). Depending on who Memphis gets with the other 1st round pick from the Lakers, this trade could possibly be lopsided in the favor of Memphis.

They also have room under the cap to make a move now with Kwame gone.

innovator
06-27-2008, 12:00 PM
yeah thats why i dont get why people said that the trade was lopsided when the trade happened, dont they know that picks are included and the pick can be unpredictable

Corey
06-27-2008, 12:01 PM
No one expected them to get Arthur with one of the picks though, so you can't make that comparison.

Havoc52
06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Well people made the comparison with out knowing who the picks were gonna be. The picks were a big part of that deal so how could you not include that in to the comparison

BostonPothead
06-27-2008, 12:07 PM
these rookies could still become NOTHING in the NBA....the deal was Lopsided...a proven allstar and legit scorer and big man in the NBA for aging vets, and unproven rookies.....L.A got one of the biggest steal trades ive ever seen

Corey
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Well people made the comparison with out knowing who the picks were gonna be. The picks were a big part of that deal so how could you not include that in to the comparison

:confused:

..Because they got Arthur, a player that was projected by many to be a top-15 pick at #27. You can't really bank on moves like that when weighing a trade.

carter15
06-27-2008, 12:40 PM
but they did get arthur so instead of saying they got a 2008 first round pick in the trade u can say they got darrell arthur...sounds pretty logical to me

Havoc52
06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
You cant bank on that your right, but it is a possibility. That trade was set up to give the Lakers a player for now and give Memphis players for the future. So the true comparison cant be made for a few years. Then weigh the pros and cons to see which side got the better deal. Not a few months after it happened.

PHX-SOXFAN
06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
No one expected them to get Arthur with one of the picks though, so you can't make that comparison.

no one expected gasol to play like he did in the finals either, but adding that in makes it seem more balanced as well.

vince wilfort
06-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Many teams are able to find quality players with late first round picks, so the Grizzlies could find a couple players who will turn out well. We'll have to wait to decide on the fairness of this trade.

vjonesphila@ver
06-27-2008, 01:12 PM

crittenton,darrell arthur,kwame brown,aaron mckie,marc gasol,2010 1st for pau gasol,2010 2nd

now the trade doesnt look like that its lopsided in favor of the lakers, hell now its looks like the trade has equal value for both teams

Memphis, for the record, took freshman forward Donte Green from Syracuse with the pick they received from the Lakers.

Halladay
06-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Wait 3 or 4 years and see if any of these young guys amount to anything...

Havoc52
06-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Memphis, for the record, took freshman forward Donte Green from Syracuse with the pick they received from the Lakers.

That is true they did take Greene with the 28th but they used him to acquire Arthur in a trade. Which would still be Arthur in the spot of The Lakers pick cause that was used to acquire him.

WillisLovechild
06-27-2008, 01:36 PM
its not as lopsided, but still pretty lopsided.

cambovenzi
06-27-2008, 01:42 PM
a proven allstar calibur bigman, for filler, and some late 1sts.

hmmm.

KeithLBC
06-27-2008, 01:46 PM

How does that make the trade any more or less fair? I would think if the guys don't make it, then maybe the front office of the Grizzlies didn't make good choices, which doesn't really have anything to do with the Lakers.

TheShock45
06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Has anyone stated the obvious yet???
this trade is lopsided because the star in the memphis deal javaris critteton (can not spell off the top of my head) the grizzlies have no use for him whatsoever he's a waste on that team him and kirk hinrich should start hangin out together

Halladay
06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
How does that make the trade any more or less fair? I would think if the guys don't make it, then maybe the front office of the Grizzlies didn't make good choices, which doesn't really have anything to do with the Lakers.

Because when your trading an all-star for a bunch of expiring contracts and young guys/draft picks you can't say right away that it was a bad move for Memphis, you need to see how it works out in the end. Of course it has nothing to do with the Lakers but if your a Grizz fan then you can see whether you got something out of it or you got raped. Is that hard to understand? Of course the Lakers win this trade right now because Gasol is in his prime right now and is a high calibre player right now. IMO it's unfair to judge this trade now considering all the players going to Memphis are nowhere near there prime.

_Sn1P3r_
06-29-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree. You gotta see how the young guys end up and then decide whether it was good/bad for memphis.

_Supreme_
06-29-2008, 02:44 PM
That trade is still a disgrace that never should have happened.

If some other idiot GM decides to trade his All star player for Javaris Crittenton tomorrow you can't say "see, that trade ended up being fair". It doesn't work that way. A trade is judged by fairness at the moment is happens, not by what ends up happening by chance later.

You can bet Chris Wallace and his Swiss bank account are still pretty happy with all of it though.

Ragun
06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
until I see Darrell Arthur play in the NBA, im calling it a rape.

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
That trade is still a disgrace that never should have happened.

If some other idiot GM decides to trade his All star player for Javaris Crittenton tomorrow you can't say "see, that trade ended up being fair". It doesn't work that way. A trade is judged by fairness at the moment is happens, not by what ends up happening by chance later.

You can bet Chris Wallace and his Swiss bank account are still pretty happy with all of it though.

until I see Darrell Arthur play in the NBA, im calling it a rape.

you guys smell that................i think its a hater, if thr grizzlies dont need crittenton, hey well take him back in a heart beat:)

Vidball
06-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, if only the Lakers hadn't made this trade they would have won it this year and been the favorite for years to come...lol

tonyd3b54
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
lakers u raped the grizz...stop tryin to make ur selves look like u didnt...

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:19 PM
raping *****es is the way to go!

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:20 PM
it was an even trade though!

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
We rapped them! Who cares what anyone else thinks. It was a total rage job with no lube. We gave up all players who would not have even made our d league team for Pau. Aurthur would not have been playing for the Lakers this year or the next. Call it what it is. We got over on them. Good for us. Bad for the rest of the league.

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 07:29 PM
it's funny that they say this trade was rape and the lakers stole gasol, but wouldnt that be funny if it were true, i could picture mitch and phil holding a gun to chris wallaces' head saying "give up gasol or else we will kill ur family", this trade happened because both teams agreed to the trade no one got raped outta this trade because both teams got what they wanted, the lakers wanted a low post scorer, and the grizzlies got young talent and expiring contracts and not to mention the owner wants to sell the team so you get rid of big contracts and get young players in to fill the voids of big contract with small rookie contract and it appeals to a person wanting to buy a team that doesn't take up big payrolls, it is a business move not a "i want equal value in talent" move, i guess some people know business and others just know how to work for one. the other teams are crying because they thought they were close to getting to the finals without kobe being there again and thought they had a chance but are lazy because now they have to do more work

junion
06-29-2008, 07:29 PM
i don't think you can really tell if it's fair and lopsided

because lakers needed some instant help

memphis wanted the CHANCE to get a good first round pick, and the CHANCE to get something good with the expiring contracts.

it's hard to compare because you're trading a proven player, and getting the CHANCE to get something good. depending how memphis wants to treat that CHANCE, is up to them. depending on the choices out there - that's how you can determine the value of the CHANCE

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:30 PM
what

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:32 PM
javaris will be an allstar

BlondeBomber41
06-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Its a complete rape, people who say it isnt are nuts.

Its simple to say figure out its a rape using the logic that they EASILY could of gotten a better deal for Gasol. Everyone knows it. They could of gotten a much better package for Pau Gasol, they got half of what any other team would of gave up for him.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-29-2008, 07:44 PM

Its simple to say figure out its a rape using the logic that they EASILY could of gotten a better deal for Gasol. Everyone knows it. They could of gotten a much better package for Pau Gasol, they got half of what any other team would of gave up for him.

Very true. I remember the Bulls were talking about Deng or Gordon and some picks for Gasol. That was just one team that I heard wanted him. But someone did make a good point. The Grizz were not looking for talent that would need to be signed for big contracts this off season. They wanted to get rid of big contracts and get guys who would not be looking to get big contracts soon. I see what they are saying. But we are looking at it as basketball fans who think our GM'S should always look to make trades to improve our teams with talent that can win. They made a business decision instead of a basketball one.

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:44 PM

both teams got what they wanted...and the way i see it, its an even trade!

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Very true. I remember the Bulls were talking about Deng or Gordon and some picks for Gasol. That was just one team that I heard wanted him. But someone did make a good point. The Grizz were not looking for talent that would need to be signed for big contracts this off season. They wanted to get rid of big contracts and get guys who would not be looking to get big contracts soon. I see what they are saying. But we are looking at it as basketball fans who think our GM'S should always look to make trades to improve our teams with talent that can win. They made a business decision instead of a basketball one.

logans.com

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 07:50 PM
exacly, thank you, anytime someone bring this gasol trade as unfair ill just repost this again:D

BlondeBomber41
06-30-2008, 12:51 AM

The only reason teams want salary cap room is to be able to sign stars. The Grizzlies would not turn down budding stars for Gasol, just because they know in the future that the player would want a big contract.

Plus the fact still remains if they wanted to just dump his contract and get picks and young players who arent getting big contracts, they could of easily still gotten more. Im sure a team would of been willing to put together a better package of picks and cheap players than Crittenton and two late firsts.

Leftcoast_yg
06-30-2008, 04:21 AM
The only reason teams want salary cap room is to be able to sign stars. The Grizzlies would not turn down budding stars for Gasol, just because they know in the future that the player would want a big contract.

Plus the fact still remains if they wanted to just dump his contract and get picks and young players who arent getting big contracts, they could of easily still gotten more. Im sure a team would of been willing to put together a better package of picks and cheap players than Crittenton and two late firsts.

and dont forget the cash and marc gasol, dont leave anything out!!!

LakerDeftones
06-30-2008, 07:13 AM

that itself is what makes the trade lopsided

Come on, how is it fair if you have to wait 4 years to see if it was a good trade?

SeoulBeatz
06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
when this trade initially happened i didnt think it was that lopsided at all.

from an average NBA fans standpoint, all ur gonna think is, "Whoa dude, PAU GASOL FOR KWAME???"

But it is much more than that. Gasol is 28 and has shown that he cant lead a team in the NBA, so Memphis had no use for him because he's nearing the end of his prime (by the time all the players in Memphis develope)

so they made a good move in acquiring picks (which became Darrell Arthur), kwame (who equals 9.7 mill in cap space or something this year in free agency) crittendon (a mid first round selection with serious potential), and paus brother (who could be a decent role player)

The cap space with kwame was the kicker for memphis, and theyll be able to spend it on some good young role players or a big name in this summer or the next.

ManRam
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Crittenton=unproven
Arthur=unproven
Gasol=unproven

McKie and Brown are bums. The 2010 pick will probably be a late first rounder, so who knows.

To early to decide. But as of now, it still is a bad trade. Gasol had far more value than what he pulled in. The Grizzlies surely could have gotten more.

Leftcoast_yg
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Crittenton=unproven
Arthur=unproven
Gasol=unproven

McKie and Brown are bums. The 2010 pick will probably be a late first rounder, so who knows.

To early to decide. But as of now, it still is a bad trade. Gasol had far more value than what he pulled in. The Grizzlies surely could have gotten more.

"I remember the Bulls were talking about Deng or Gordon and some picks for Gasol. That was just one team that I heard wanted him. But someone did make a good point. The Grizz were not looking for talent that would need to be signed for big contracts this off season. They wanted to get rid of big contracts and get guys who would not be looking to get big contracts soon. I see what they are saying. But we are looking at it as basketball fans who think our GM'S should always look to make trades to improve our teams with talent that can win. They made a business decision instead of a basketball one."

stop saying that it was a bad trade if you owned the grizzlies than it was bad trade to you but you dont, i could say the same thing about the kg trade because they got a bag of chips for him, nothing but unproven players the only one that ever became an allstar was theo ratliff, and he cant do anything anymore but since mchale didnt want odom and bynum or mre like see the lakers win a championship he rather keep it in house with celtics by trading with someone from his team when he was on the celtics so that trade was all about seeing the celtics win not about equal talent just like the gasol trade which it was about cap space and young inexpensive contract which the grizzlies wanted, so stop stating that it was a bad trade ou dont hear chris wallace complaining, no one died over this trade, so how is it bad realisticly, it's bad for otherteams becasue there hope of getting a ring is on hold til kobe is gone, so sorry abotu that but im not gonna argue about this no more im jsut gonna keep reposting this quote

ManRam
06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
stop saying that it was a bad trade if you owned the grizzlies than it was bad trade to you but you dont, i could say the same thing about the kg trade because they got a bag of chips for him, nothing but unproven players the only one that ever became an allstar was theo ratliff, and he cant do anything anymore but since mchale didnt want odom and bynum or mre like see the lakers win a championship he rather keep it in house with celtics by trading with someone from his team when he was on the celtics so that trade was all about seeing the celtics win not about equal talent just like the gasol trade which it was about cap space and young inexpensive contract which the grizzlies wanted, so stop stating that it was a bad trade ou dont hear chris wallace complaining, no one died over this trade, so how is it bad realisticly, it's bad for otherteams becasue there hope of getting a ring is on hold til kobe is gone, so sorry abotu that but im not gonna argue about this no more im jsut gonna keep reposting this quote

I ctrl f'd your paragraph to see if this thing called a period was present...and it wasn't. I'll try to decipher the world's longest run-on sentence.

You are bringing up the KG trade, which is totally irrelevant. Saying Minny got a "bag of chips" for him is crazy. Are you comparing Javaris Crittenton and some draft picks to Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, Sebastion Telfair and Gerald Green unproven? Last time I checked, Jefferson averaged 16 and 11 before he was traded, Gomes averaged 12 and 6, Telfair had been in the league for 3 years, Green had scored 10 points a game, and Ratliff is a vet. Anything unproven there? Compare it to Kwame Brown (strictly financial, not in the team's future), Crittenton averaged 3.3 points and was a rookie, Aaron McKie is a bum, and Marc Gasol defines the word unproven. You said only Ratliff was an all-star, as if that's what defines "proven". Whatever dude....

Okay, so you are wrong there. I can't really even read much further without getting a headache...you're talking about people dying and stuff...

I just have to imagine that Gasol could have fetched a lot more than what they got, even if they were primarily looking for cap relief.

That quote is great and all...but doesn't make the trade fair, or even the best one they could have gotten. Gasol fetches more than that...and every team is looking for talent. That's the ultimate goal. Gordon is 25, Deng is 23. It's not like their old. It was a business deal, but that doesn't mean they got fair value. Most Laker fans admit it was a "rape", why are you being so stubborn? What do you gain from denying the fact that it was lopsided?

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
:cry:
I ctrl f'd your paragraph to see if this thing called a period was present...and it wasn't. I'll try to decipher the world's longest run-on sentence.

You are bringing up the KG trade, which is totally irrelevant. Saying Minny got a "bag of chips" for him is crazy. Are you comparing Javaris Crittenton and some draft picks to Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, Sebastion Telfair and Gerald Green unproven? Last time I checked, Jefferson averaged 16 and 11 before he was traded, Gomes averaged 12 and 6, Telfair had been in the league for 3 years, Green had scored 10 points a game, and Ratliff is a vet. Anything unproven there? Compare it to Kwame Brown (strictly financial, not in the team's future), Crittenton averaged 3.3 points and was a rookie, Aaron McKie is a bum, and Marc Gasol defines the word unproven. You said only Ratliff was an all-star, as if that's what defines "proven". Whatever dude....

Okay, so you are wrong there. I can't really even read much further without getting a headache...you're talking about people dying and stuff...
I just have to imagine that Gasol could have fetched a lot more than what they got, even if they were primarily looking for cap relief.

That quote is great and all...but doesn't make the trade fair, or even the best one they could have gotten. Gasol fetches more than that...and every team is looking for talent. That's the ultimate goal. Gordon is 25, Deng is 23. It's not like their old. It was a business deal, but that doesn't mean they got fair value. Most Laker fans admit it was a "rape", why are you being so stubborn? What do you gain from denying the fact that it was lopsided?

because it's an opinion not a fact, get it now, if it wasnt fair than the league wouldnt allow it, it just seems unfair to you because you dont want to see the lakers win thats, sorry if im misjudging you are anyone who says this trade is rape, but it seems like u guys dont want the lakers to win, im a laker fan and there are alot of laker and kobe haters in here, because they are a good team, their team sucks and get frustraded and are mad at someone else because they are happy about their tem and they are not so stop:cry:

tonyd3b54
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
there were lakers and kobe haters long before u guys were any good...

tonyd3b54
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
"I remember the Bulls were talking about Deng or Gordon and some picks for Gasol. That was just one team that I heard wanted him. But someone did make a good point. The Grizz were not looking for talent that would need to be signed for big contracts this off season. They wanted to get rid of big contracts and get guys who would not be looking to get big contracts soon. I see what they are saying. But we are looking at it as basketball fans who think our GM'S should always look to make trades to improve our teams with talent that can win. They made a business decision instead of a basketball one."

a bag of chips? pretty sure al jeff had better offensive and rebounding numbers than kg did....not to mention they got 2 future 1st rd picks and a few young players... pretty sure thats 1,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000
times better than wat the lakers gave up...

ManRam
07-01-2008, 08:54 PM
:cry:

because it's an opinion not a fact, get it now, if it wasnt fair than the league wouldnt allow it, it just seems unfair to you because you dont want to see the lakers win thats, sorry if im misjudging you are anyone who says this trade is rape, but it seems like u guys dont want the lakers to win, im a laker fan and there are alot of laker and kobe haters in here, because they are a good team, their team sucks and get frustraded and are mad at someone else because they are happy about their tem and they are not so stop:cry:

Okay. Cool. Completely ignore all the relevant aspects of my post. Rather then countering, just call me a hater, and tell me I'm jealous of the Lakers. Great way of arguing. Especially when most Laker fans agree it was a lopsided trade. Why is it so hard to ignore the obvious? I don't think any less of the Lakers for getting away with highway robbery. Props to them for pulling off a lopsided deal.

tonyd3b54
07-01-2008, 08:55 PM
laker fans:pity:

Iodine
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
laker fans:pity:

Please don't tell me you are just learning this

tonyd3b54
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Please don't tell me you are just learning this

haha nah but i like to remind every1 time and again...

Lakersfan2483
07-01-2008, 09:11 PM
LA got the better deal.

*Superman*
07-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Yah, you have to wait and see right now.

Beno7500
07-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Gasoft

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
man u guys are seroius about this the other laker fans can say what they wanna say that is there opinion, and al jefferson got those numbers because he was the go to guy on every play you put lamarcus aldridge or lamar odom on that team and u guys would see them as all stars because of their numbers, stats dont mean a thing, look at ray allen he avg 12pts a game in the first 3 rounds and tore it up in the finals, but was not an mvp, he had better stats in seattle but in boston his numbers went down, u put shareef abdur rahim, put al jefferson with the rockets and he will disappear will probably get 12pts and 6reb 14 the most, and Gasoft got us to the finals and bibby left the kings to go to a real team that wants to win not a team with 3 shooting guards that have potential to start, you guys are overating al jeff to make the kg trade look better than the gasol trade, you guys say gasol is soft, and then make him look like a superstar because he was traded for kwame and crittenton, marc gasol, 2 future 1st round picks and some cash, which the t-wolves got al jeff, sebastian telfair a back up guard who is still unproven and has been tossed around because no one wants him, theo ratliff who is way past his prime, and gerald green who is a great dunker, i bet crittenton and marc gasol are gonna be better than all of those guys they traded with al jefferson put together and we will have to wait and see what the 28th pick will be like for the grizzlies who critt was picked around there as well as farmar, it is still a business move and is fair to both teams no matter what your opinion is, quit drinking the hatorade and show som love once in a while are just stay quiet, so is it gasol the guy the lakers got through a rape trade or gasoft who couldnt do anything in the finals, quit hating, man u guys are just mad because you know what is coming and that is the lakers winning championships the next 4 years so get it all out, everything that glitters aint gold feel me

ManRam
07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
man u guys are seroius about this the other laker fans can say what they wanna say that is there opinion, and al jefferson got those numbers because he was the go to guy on every play you put lamarcus aldridge or lamar odom on that team and u guys would see them as all stars because of their numbers, stats dont mean a thing, look at ray allen he avg 12pts a game in the first 3 rounds and tore it up in the finals, but was not an mvp, he had better stats in seattle but in boston his numbers went down, u put shareef abdur rahim, put al jefferson with the rockets and he will disappear will probably get 12pts and 6reb 14 the most, and Gasoft got us to the finals and bibby left the kings to go to a real team that wants to win not a team with 3 shooting guards that have potential to start, you guys are overating al jeff to make the kg trade look better than the gasol trade, you guys say gasol is soft, and then make him look like a superstar because he was traded for kwame and crittenton, marc gasol, 2 future 1st round picks and some cash, which the t-wolves got al jeff, sebastian telfair a back up guard who is still unproven and has been tossed around because no one wants him, theo ratliff who is way past his prime, and gerald green who is a great dunker, i bet crittenton and marc gasol are gonna be better than all of those guys they traded with al jefferson put together and we will have to wait and see what the 28th pick will be like for the grizzlies who critt was picked around there as well as farmar, it is still a business move and is fair to both teams no matter what your opinion is, quit drinking the hatorade and show som love once in a while are just stay quiet, so is it gasol the guy the lakers got through a rape trade or gasoft who couldnt do anything in the finals, quit hating, man u guys are just mad because you know what is coming and that is the lakers winning championships the next 4 years so get it all out, everything that glitters aint gold feel me

It looks like a small, insignificant thing, but this thing called a period helps your "paragraph" become decipherable.

Also, I never knew that being a go-to player was a bad thing. Way to try and spin something.

This has nothing to do with hate, especially since most Laker fans agree. It has everything to do with being logical. The Lakers got a great deal. Nothing wrong with that. It is just pretty obvious to me that this deal favored the Lakers (even though Memphis needed cap space), and that the KG deal was the definition of a fair trade. Every Minny fan I've talked to said they would do it over in a heart beat.

I'm done with this. I understand it's your opinion...so I'll let it go. I just disagree with basically everything you've said, and your arguments to back it up are borderline preposterous.

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 11:32 PM
put crittenton as a starting guard and you guys wil say he is a beast with marc gasol at starting center you guys will say he is a beast it's all about playing time you dont hear anyone talking shaq for marion and banks which was a steal for miami because shaq averaged 9pts and 6 rebounds for a guy that is suppose to enter HOF, he had a better team in phoenix than he did with the heat and he couldnt get it done with them, nash 2 time mvp, bell a primiere defensive guard, diaw odom type of player as far as potential and inconsistency, and amare a all star forward, and shaq a hall of famer center, but yet got knocked outta the first round by the spurs who beat them in 5 games and then we the lakers returned the favor beating them in 5 is gasol or gasoft

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM

It looks like a small, insignificant thing, but this thing called a period helps your "paragraph" become decipherable.

Also, I never knew that being a go-to player was a bad thing. Way to try and spin something.

This has nothing to do with hate, especially since most Laker fans agree. It has everything to do with being logical. The Lakers got a great deal. Nothing wrong with that. It is just pretty obvious to me that this deal favored the Lakers (even though Memphis needed cap space), and that the KG deal was the definition of a fair trade. Every Minny fan I've talked to said they would do it over in a heart beat.

I'm done with this. I understand it's your opinion...so I'll let it go. I just disagree with basically everything you've said, and your arguments to back it up are borderline preposterous.

so you would take al jefferson(2nd string scorer) sebastian(bench player), gomes(role player), theo ratliff (bad contract, past his prime) over Bynum(dominate center potential all star) and lamar odom very versatile could do everything) lets see the line ups

(with KG to boston)
randy foye
marco jaric
gerald green
??? smith
al jefferson VS

(with kg to l.a.)
randy foye
marco jaric
???(probably luke or evans )
lamar odom
andrew bynum
that is a way better line up than the other

Kevj77
07-01-2008, 11:44 PM
The trade looked really unfair at first. Gasol had an instant impact on the Lakers. The Griz got Crit, cap room and picks, which aren't going to have an instant impact. You can already tell it worked for the Lakers, but we won't know how well it works out for the Griz until we know who the picks are and what they do with their cap space. Not to mention we need to see more fro Mark Gasol and Crit as well.

From the Grizzlies end of the deal you won't know if it was a good trade or not for 2-3 years. You can say they got raped, but I just can't be sure without a crystal ball. Its like passing out grades the day after the NFL draft. Its fun, but pointless until you have seen the draft picks for a few years.

Lost Art
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
The 2010 pick might as well be a second rounder though...........cause barring some MAJOR injuries the Lakers are finishing near the top of the league next season.

Leftcoast_yg
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
The trade looked really unfair at first. Gasol had an instant impact on the Lakers. The Griz got Crit, cap room and picks, which aren't going to have an instant impact. You can already tell it worked for the Lakers, but we won't know how well it works out for the Griz until we know who the picks are and what they do with their cap space. Not to mention we need to see more fro Mark Gasol and Crit as well.

From the Grizzlies end of the deal you won't know if it was a good trade or not for 2-3 years. You can say they got raped, but I just can't be sure without a crystal ball. Its like passing out grades the day after the NFL draft. Its fun, but pointless until you have seen the draft picks for a few years.
exactly watch them sign iverson or someone with that caliber with the caproom they got and the will start saying it was fair and get solid 1st round picks or trade some of them, heck they might trade conley or lowry for david lee because crittenton is gonna take one of theri spots thanks to the gasol trade, its all about business not equal talent, kg trade in house to see the celtics win not to get equal value at the end they on;y kept al jefferson and ryan gomes, ratliff went to detroit, green to the rockets sebastian a unristricted free agent, so all they have for KG is al jeff and ryan gomes very fair trade:confused:

mzgrizz
07-01-2008, 11:58 PM
From an 8 year season ticket holder of the Grizzlies, I do believe you would call it a rape. It was mouth dropping,head aching,stomach heaving TERRIBLE.
I think the only consolation is what MIGHT develop. There is much buzz here about Mayo and Arthur, and maybe a little hope. I also have consolation in probably getting Marc Gasol here...saw him on youtube and he looks better by far than Pau did his first NBA season. Pau tended to be too timid from way back, but developed into a fine PF. He never wanted to play 5 , and shied away from the basket too much. Did the same with the Lakers during the playoffs and championship. No real word here about what they'll do with Jaric and Walker. So, have to agree......very painful, but time heals all wounds( or wounds all heels!)

Leftcoast_yg
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM
t-wolves trade KG to boston for Al jefferson, Ryan Gomes, gerald Green, sebastian telfair, theo ratliff..... and who do the t-wolves have left from that trade al jefferson and ryan gomes and got kirk snyder for green, theo waived sebastian wont be back, on the other hand Gasol trade the grizzlies got Kwame 9.3 mill exiring contract, javaris crittenton, marc gasol, darrell arthur(1st rounder from lakers) and a 2010 1st pick, and cash with kwame outta the picture they could sign an all star this or next year most likely next, kyle lowry and mike conley are in rumor trades to go to the knicks for david lee which means crittenton will be taking one of their spots, and gasol will probably start over darko because of his size 7'1 280lbs and can shoot the midrange or over power the opponent soft hands, and darrell arthur a very good pick up, he is athletic 6'9 forward who plays with his back to the basket can shoot the mid jumper, can guard both forward spots and is a good shot blocker, which one sounds more lopsided to you, here are the pitential line ups for each team that lost their franchise player
T-wolves:
Randy Foye
Marco Jaric/ryan gomes/kirk snyder for green to the rockets
Corey Brewer
Al jefferson(from boston)
K- love
ratliff waived, sebastian unristricted and not coming back. VS
Mike Conley or Lowry/Crittenton(from lakers)
Mayo
Rudy Gay
Darrell arthur(from lakers pick) over warrick
M. Gasol(from lakers) over darko
kwame expiring contract 9.3mill to a all star free agent next year most likely, and another 1st round pick from the lakers in 2010
and yet people call the lakers trade rape but say he is soft and overated so i think it evens' out vs KG for al jeff and ryan gomes and kirk snyder(fair dont u think:confused:)

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Jaric isn't on the T-Wolves anymore, Bassy Telfair isn't guaranteed to be gone, and um.....

AL JEFFERSON.

Leftcoast_yg
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
From an 8 year season ticket holder of the Grizzlies, I do believe you would call it a rape. It was mouth dropping,head aching,stomach heaving TERRIBLE.
I think the only consolation is what MIGHT develop. There is much buzz here about Mayo and Arthur, and maybe a little hope. I also have consolation in probably getting Marc Gasol here...saw him on youtube and he looks better by far than Pau did his first NBA season. Pau tended to be too timid from way back, but developed into a fine PF. He never wanted to play 5 , and shied away from the basket too much. Did the same with the Lakers during the playoffs and championship. No real word here about what they'll do with Jaric and Walker. So, have to agree......very painful, but time heals all wounds( or wounds all heels!)

dont forget critenton expect him to be starting by the mid season over lowry or conley

Leftcoast_yg
07-02-2008, 12:24 AM
so that makes gomes starting now, so would you take al jefferson, kirk snyder, ryan gomes over lamar odom and bynum, if mchale was not hating on the lakers, or J.o. for the same since bird was also a celtic, the old celtic players dont want to see the lakers rise so they will take less to not help them out but oo bad because we are taking it the next 4 years

Fireworld
07-02-2008, 12:28 AM
I got a headache!

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Foye/Telfair
Miller/McCants
Gomes/Brewer
Love/Smith/Richard
Jefferson/Collins/Madsen

I still think we bring back Bassy.

Either way, Gasol was dealt and no viable PLAYER came back, and the T-Wolves got 3.

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
And no, they couldn't sign a star in the next few years, they're stuck paying Marko Jaric, Greg Bucker, and Antoine Walker on our behalf.

Again, Memphis, we thank you.

tonyd3b54
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
u guys got 2 1st rd picks too...just becuase u guys cut ratliff and arent resigning telfair doesnt make the deal decrease in value at all...

brandonwarne52
07-02-2008, 12:32 AM
May not be resigning Telfair. Either way, he's the 3rd most valuable player in the deal, and probably about equal in value to the 2 picks, or maybe a little less so.

We still need him back, though.

Draco
07-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I came across this video and noticed how careful Kenny, Chuck and Ernie were about using the word "rape" around Kobe. It was a.. It was a Swindle, that's what it was.. :laugh2:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M5E62w-j-_g&feature=related

Draco
07-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I came across this video and noticed how careful Kenny, Chuck and Ernie were about using the word "rape" around Kobe. What was it? It was a.. It was a Swindle, that's what it was.. :laugh2: That must have been a bit awkward!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M5E62w-j-_g&feature=related

Wake's Fastball
07-02-2008, 12:48 AM
The T'Wolves also got the rights to their (unprotected) 2009 pick back, which I'm pretty sure ought to be pretty valuable.

amos1er
07-02-2008, 02:32 AM
The T'Wolves also got the rights to their (unprotected) 2009 pick back, which I'm pretty sure ought to be pretty valuable.

Ya, that must have been the deal breaker. :rolleyes:

The Lakers, Suns, and Bulls all had better packages than what Boston offered.

The T-Wolves fans are the real losers in this deal.

Wake's Fastball
07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Ya, that must have been the deal breaker. :rolleyes:

The Lakers, Suns, and Bulls all had better packages than what Boston offered.

The T-Wolves fans are the real losers in this deal.

Yeah, I'd say a top-5 pick is usually a pretty good incentive.

amos1er
07-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I'd say a top-5 pick is usually a pretty good incentive.

Why can't you just admit that McHale hooked up the Celtics. You need to come out of your homerish denial. All the T-Wolves got for KG was Jefferson and some young players with "potential" that take up precious cap space.

I will bet you anything that the Grizzlies will have a better record than the T-Wolves this year and next.

solelimited
07-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Why can't you just admit that McHale hooked up the Celtics. You need to come out of your homerish denial. All the T-Wolves got for KG was Jefferson and some young players with "potential" that take up precious cap space.

I will bet you anything that the Grizzlies will have a better record than the T-Wolves this year and next.

im with you. ill bet anyone that grizz. have a better year next year then the wolves.

NBAkYD
07-02-2008, 07:44 AM
IMO this deal hangs on whether or not Marc Gasol is any good.

TMAC94
07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
stil not fare, kwame brown is not gonna play next season for the grizz

innovator
07-02-2008, 08:44 AM
kwame brown was only added to the deal for salary purposes.... and grizzlies benefits more on not keeping kwame than keeping kwame

ManRam
07-02-2008, 09:53 AM

So that's why every T-Wolves fan you ask will say they'd do that trade over again in a heartbeat. It has nothing to do with homerism, it was a great basketball deal. Just look at how good Jefferson is. We'll see about who does better next year...but Minnesota has done a great job rebuilding. Their team looks real good now.

tonyd3b54
07-02-2008, 12:28 PM
im with you. ill bet anyone that grizz. have a better year next year then the wolves.

which has nuthing to do with whom the better team is... west>>>east except the celtics...

tonyd3b54
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM

:pity:

chicagowhitesox
07-02-2008, 01:00 PM
It's still as lopsided as ever. Are you kidding me? Aaron McKie? Kwame Brown? Marc Gasol? None of these players will ever amount to anything. Crittenton and Arthur have a little potential, but nowhere close to what Pau brought to the Lakers. You can't find low post scoring these days, and Pau is one of the best in the league.