PDA

View Full Version : Bosh in 2010/11

Sn1ch_Turna
06-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Bosh's contract expires in 10/11 with a player option - sportscasters everywhere in the US say hes leaving Toronto... Do you guys think so? How does BC/Toronto keep him when the sharks are out?

DaoudS
06-27-2008, 10:12 AM
if the Raps put up fights in the next two seasons, and attract other players to Toronto - I think Bosh stays put. If the Raps **** up, he'll be gone.

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Bosh's contract expires in 10/11 with a player option - sportscasters everywhere in the US say hes leaving Toronto... Do you guys think so? How does BC/Toronto keep him when the sharks are out?

I brought this up about a month ago. Check out the thread I had started. I said the raps needed a star plyaer to play with Bosh to convince him to stay. I think we have now done that with O'neal. I think Bosh is very happy. Read the first post of the thread, haha it mentions beasley as someone we should try and trade up ang get at the end of the post but just ignore it. Its more so the first few paragraphs.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224869

Ragun
06-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Em...he said he wants to get locked up with Toronto.

DaoudS
06-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Em...he said he wants to get locked up with Toronto.

what do you expect him to say "no screw toronto"?

there is no doubt that CB can be a fit in a HUGE market, but maybe he likes having Toronto under his wings, and as fans - thats all we can ask for

Durant is hype
06-27-2008, 11:48 AM
No I'm pretty sure CB4 will stay in TO.

If he does chose to leave,I'm pretty sure BC will do something to change his mind.

da1nonly
06-27-2008, 11:52 AM
keeping bosh... or any nucleus of players... or just signing free agents... will more than likely mean overpaying...

having a winning situation here is a nice factor that could help in keeping bosh... but in order to have that winning situation... you most likely overpaid to begin with... so you'll be overpaying regardless...

Ragun
06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
what do you expect him to say "no screw toronto"?

there is no doubt that CB can be a fit in a HUGE market, but maybe he likes having Toronto under his wings, and as fans - thats all we can ask for

well he would say i dont want to talk about this right now. thats what he would say.

Dragan
06-27-2008, 11:57 AM
look if BC is here and if we have good seasons teh next 2 he will stay

ramz.n
06-27-2008, 12:01 PM
it could be a scheme ..i hope its not "If you want me ..you have to sign this player too" kind of deal

ramz.n
06-27-2008, 12:02 PM
is bosh even making max money yet? im sure he wants his contract to end and make somewhere the same lines as Jermaine O'neal

DaoudS
06-27-2008, 12:24 PM
well he would say i dont want to talk about this right now. thats what he would say.

that would create huge conundrum in Toronto. Bosh is a smart player who will always keep whichever city he plays in happy.

Ragun
06-27-2008, 12:40 PM
that would create huge conundrum in Toronto. Bosh is a smart player who will always keep whichever city he plays in happy.
but he isnt a liar either.

DaoudS
06-27-2008, 12:49 PM
but he isnt a liar either.

what does lying have anything to do with it? I wanted to grow up to be a f-16 pilot, and that didn't happen because of various circumstances.

Bosh could easily change his mind over night and decide to play for a bigger market team, or maybe go back to Texas and help a team out back in his home state.

All I am saying is that we don't know what will happen between now and the end of his contract. If the Raps lose, I think he'll leave unless the Raptors pull a rabbit out of a hat to impress him. If the Raps win with O'Neal and other players around the league take notice to the fact that there might a shot to win a championship with Toronto, they'll come here increase those chances as well as the chances of Bosh staying put.

BALLER R
06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
hey bosh could of left wen times were bad..but he decided to stay..so aslong as we become a better team in the next 2 seasons then he will probably stay

dirtybird
06-27-2008, 07:50 PM
sportscasters everywhere in the US say hes leaving Toronto.

I don't think you can make that statement. The only person that I've heard so far to make that claim has been Israel Gutierrez. That's not to say that I'm ruling out the possibility of that happening, just that there hasn't been much if any talk of that in media. I've certainly heard the rumour of Lebron to the Nets.

Sn1ch_Turna
06-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't think you can make that statement. The only person that I've heard so far to make that claim has been Israel Gutierrez. That's not to say that I'm ruling out the possibility of that happening, just that there hasn't been much if any talk of that in media. I've certainly heard the rumour of Lebron to the Nets.

I dont know where u live but im in the US and i watch american media, its not israel only, its generally a consensus among most NBA ESPN analysts... im not saying its true or founded, but its out there

LittleBosh
06-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Trading Bosh in his contract year for a young up-and-coming star in the mold of Rudy Gay wouldn't be a huge mistake.

DaoudS
06-27-2008, 11:12 PM
the general consensus is that players from the south cannot handle canadian winters. That is probably one of the key reasons many American broadcasters think that Toronto players will skip town.

TorontoRaptors4
07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
chris boshs contract will run out in two years will we resign him in 2010 or will he leave?

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
You can go buy your Heat Bosh Jersey now

Mile High Champ
07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
You can go buy your Heat Bosh Jersey now

haha the heat.. What a joke idea that would be. Its a give wade is gone from the heat in the next two years, perhaps Chicago like anyone has always said. He aint going to miami buddy!

mariotubes
07-14-2008, 03:06 PM
it will depend on how the raptors do in the next 2 years, if they show no improvment he'll probably be gone, if they make great strides he might resign... but yah wade will be gone lol

pebloemer
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't think this is the question we should be asking at this point. We are 2 years away. Here a few things we should evaluate before we get there.

Lets see how we do in 08/09.
If successful, what small tweaks can we make to get better?
If unsuccessful, what major changes need to happen to show Bosh and other free agents that we are serious about winning?
Make appropriate changes, discuss with Bosh the plan moving forward.

Play out 09/10
Evaluate how we do the same way.

Create new plan moving forward and present to Bosh to see if he wants to be a part of it.

Bosh can decide based on all that to stay for his final year, opt out and go elsewhere, or opt out and resign long term. His decision will likely be contingent on ALL those factors. The raptors in no circumstances need to discuss their plans with Bosh, but seeing as he is our franchise guy and BC is very professional about his business (treating his players well, speaking openly, honestly and respectfully, etc), he likely will discuss with Bosh moving forward if that is the direction BC wants to go.

Dragan
07-14-2008, 03:35 PM
this is like the 10th thread on this topic in the last month, if you cant find your topic on the 1st page go look on t he 2nd and 3rd.

and we will cee in 2010 if he stays or leavs.

Halladay
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM
The fans in Toronto are always so paranoid it's unbelieveable...

Goon.Weezy
07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
if he leaves RAPTORS FANS WILL GO CRAZYY........look at when vince was gone

blujaysrock
07-14-2008, 04:24 PM
bosh will stay a career raptors :D

Master P
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM
bosh will stay, we can offer him more money than anyone else. we'll give him the max amount and the extra year. it'll be fun to watch him as he will not drop off ever, he'll play hard until he retires. worst case for the raptors will be like the twolves where kg always played hard but the team struggled to develop so he was traded for some great young pieces. either way, raptors win.

conway429
07-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah who cares, don't worry about it right now...
I posted the list of UFAs in 2010 in another thread a few days ago and it's ridiculous.
There's like 30 high-caliber players who will be available, so if Bosh leaves, we'll have plenty of money to replace him with whoever we want... Wade, Lebron, Amare, T-Mac, Redd, Jefferson, Yao, Nash, Joe Johnson, Nowitzki, Ginobili... and I forget who else but a ton of players...
I think he'll probably stay, and I'd like to see him stay, but if he doesn't then don't stress.
BC will do something, he'll have enough pieces available to put together a good team.

Musical Tempo
07-14-2008, 05:31 PM
if he leaves RAPTORS FANS WILL GO CRAZYY........look at when vince was gone

Raptor's fan hate Vince because of the way he left and what he did to the organization.

As for Bosh if he decides to leave for a better team I wouldn't ever BOO him, his a class act. He is a competitor and as a competitors I what its like to be so close but not there yet. I know he wont sell out and go to a worse team then the Raptor's it just not in his character, he is to much of a competitor to sell himself short like that. Which the Heat organization is at the moment no offense, and Heat have Beasley who is the same position as Bosh and if he becomes a solid player they wont demote him to the bench or another position.

T.O-Fan
07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
im confident bosh and the raptoras wil have a great success in the next two years and im sure he will re-sign long term and yea we should be worried about re-signing JO too..not only bosh

maxgraham
07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
The fans in Toronto are always so paranoid it's unbelieveable...

yes im sure cavs fans are totally secure in lebron staying, just as lakers fans were with kobe last summer... its only toronto that worries about their superstar and leader leaving...

do you read other forums at all?

_Sn1P3r_
07-14-2008, 09:35 PM
bosh will stay a career raptors :D

Boy I hope so. Our team better do well the next to years in order for him to want to stay.

Dragan
07-14-2008, 09:47 PM
who gives a ****. If he goes he goes, if he stays he stays. We have seriously been screwed in to our psychi by other star players who have left, that its come to a point where when we have an all-star on our team we think he will leave us no matter how happy he looks.

Stop catastrophizing. We are getting better and better, and If JO a 6 time all star came to to play here, then Bosh wont leave, and if JO playes as good as he can, we will contend and Bosh wont go.

But if you guys think he will , then go to a psychiatrist and seek help...... 90% of Toronto fans need it.

T.O-Fan
07-14-2008, 10:46 PM
who gives a ****. If he goes he goes, if he stays he stays. We have seriously been screwed in to our psychi by other star players who have left, that its come to a point where when we have an all-star on our team we think he will leave us no matter how happy he looks.

Stop catastrophizing. We are getting better and better, and If JO a 6 time all star came to to play here, then Bosh wont leave, and if JO playes as good as he can, we will contend and Bosh wont go.

But if you think he will , then go to a psychiatrist and seek help...... you and 90% of Toronto fans need it.

ahahahh.. thats funny because i have a pychiatrist and i do think bosh wil stay so ur wrong on that one

maxgraham
07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
HAHAHAH reee *****... love you guys

Dragan
07-15-2008, 12:27 AM
ahahahh.. thats funny because i have a pychiatrist and i do think bosh wil stay so ur wrong on that one

so do i :) enxiety.

i think think he will stay as well. so what am i wrong with?

B2B
07-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Bosh had an opportunity to walk already before signing his current contract and he didn't. He resigned to a non playoff team. Now the team is much improved and Colangelo has shown that he is not stagnant in his intentions to create a winning team. BC is continually showing Bosh that he's willing to better this team. Under that premise if Bosh was convinced and was willing to resign to a team that couldn't make the playoffs. I don't see why he won't resign to a better Raptor team which has made the playoffs & a GM who's shown that he won't rest until they do win it all.

BC has shown commitment to Bosh by trying to build a winning team, I'm sure Bosh will commit to BC and resign.

Ragun
07-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Toronto has a big market...plus u have to be under the cap to sign him anyway.

tkshy
07-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Bosh is gone. Haven't we learned from VC, TMac, Zo, even Kenny Anderson. I LOVE TORONTO, but living in the states now I can tell you. Everyone says it is a nice place to visit, but it is still CANADA...I hate that people say that by the way, but we need to learn from our mistakes with VC and TMac Especially and get as much out of Bosh as possible in a trade at the end of next season.

Bob_at_york
07-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Bosh is gone. Haven't we learned from VC, TMac, Zo, even Kenny Anderson. I LOVE TORONTO, but living in the states now I can tell you. Everyone says it is a nice place to visit, but it is still CANADA...I hate that people say that by the way, but we need to learn from our mistakes with VC and TMac Especially and get as much out of Bosh as possible in a trade at the end of next season.

What do we need to learn from TMac and VC? Tmac wanted to be "the man", I don't think he said anything about Toronto sucking. VC acted like a crybaby but I don't remember any of it having to do with playing outside of the US.

blujaysrock
07-15-2008, 07:38 AM
if the Raps put up fights in the next two seasons, and attract other players to Toronto - I think Bosh stays put. If the Raps **** up, he'll be gone.

ya i think they are off to a good start by getting JO to play with him.

Raptors27
07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I thinl he stays, because IMO i can see him wanting to be a lifelong Raptor.

Dragan
07-15-2008, 12:40 PM

HAHHAHA well then if all of our decent players are going to leave us, then why don't we just fold the team and ship it off to you in the US?

so buddy tell me when in JO going to leave as well?

Americans are the most arrogant people on earth, especially the ones who come and visit here for a day or 2. There is a difference between vacationing and living in an attractive megalopolis like Toronto.

and as Bob points out T-Mac left becuse he wanted a team to himself and Vince left because he was a cry-baby. I dont remember them saying anything bad about toronto or living outside of the US.

if anything we have learned things from T-Mac and Vinc, and that is to fill our roster with players liek Bosh, Oneal, Jose, and Co

argo
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
i'm sorry, this is a useless thread in my opinion. there are so many factors that go into whether a guy resigns or not (ie: competitiveness, money, cap, injuries, roster, management, direction, etc), and 2010-11 is still 3 years away.

RapsFan4Life
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
first a player like CB can get paid with any team he is a franchise player

its not about the money, BC will just convince CB to stay by asking andrea to do something special ;) for him ... what else is andrea on the team, how do you think he got there in the first place as a number one pick ... he really broke Garidini off a peice, andrea is just good at what he does . . . kneel

Dragan
07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
i'm sorry, this is a useless thread in my opinion. there are so many factors that go into whether a guy resigns or not (ie: competitiveness, money, cap, injuries, roster, management, direction, etc), and 2010-11 is still 3 years away.

it is useless.

raptors wiseguy
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
first a player like CB can get paid with any team he is a franchise player

its not about the money, BC will just convince CB to stay by asking andrea to do something special ;) for him ... what else is andrea on the team, how do you think he got there in the first place as a number one pick ... he really broke Garidini off a peice, andrea is just good at what he does . . . kneel

?????
ive heard a ton of knocks against bargs but come on thats just strange

pebloemer
07-15-2008, 03:48 PM
What do we need to learn from TMac and VC? Tmac wanted to be "the man", I don't think he said anything about Toronto sucking. VC acted like a crybaby but I don't remember any of it having to do with playing outside of the US.

In addition to that, it is unfair to judge what Bosh will do by what Vince and Tmac did. If I were Bosh, being written off as not wanting to stay because Carter bolted when things got bad, I would be offended to be included in the same sentence. Bosh has more character than that. If he leaves, he will do it much better than Vince did, that is for sure.

But as previously posted it is too early for this discussion.

nstojic
07-16-2008, 03:08 PM
it would be sooo awesome if bosh pulled a Doc and stayed for less money so that BC could get him another all-star from that FA class...