PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Trade/FA Ideas

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sports Illustrator
06-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Now that the NBA Draft is all finished, there may be many trade ideas that you guys may have and may want to share with Knicks fans, please don't be afraid to post them. This thread will be used to post trade ideas only. A rumor will deserve its own thread as long as it provides a link.

knicks31
06-27-2008, 01:36 AM
I would like to see Felton here.
Pick up Diop in free agency?? He plays hard, is huge and blocks shots

PlaxCrawford
06-27-2008, 01:56 AM
No big contracts.. If we can get young guys who play hard I'm all for it.. If Lee can net us a big time player/prospect - fine

Try to move Randolph and anyone else hurting the locker room

From there hope D'Antoni can lead this team to some wins and change the dynamic around the joke we've put out there the last five years

kyubi256
06-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I would love to do the Lee for Bayless deal

if not then the Felton deal

jaydagreat
06-27-2008, 07:55 AM
do u think we could snatch up ben gordon on a sign n trade plus filler for randolph plus player, they got rose, randolph could be low scorer they r lookin for

HOZ THE KNICK
06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
i don't know what's going to happen to this team after last night i heard memphis got oj mayo.

mightywingman
06-27-2008, 09:20 AM
yeah..they did..imagine if we got that pick we coulda had mayo and danillo

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I would love to see Artest signed for a MLE. I think him and Danilo would be great for D'Antoni's sytem because they can guard multiple postions.

The Felton trade would be perfect, Lee for Felton and 2009 1st rounder.
If we can't get that, Zach Randolph for Larry Hughes. We get rid of the cancer, and get some cap space for 2010. The Bulls have to many guards and get some down low presence, which they need.

Tblaze
06-27-2008, 10:40 AM
I would love to see Artest signed for a MLE. I think him and Danilo would be great for D'Antoni's sytem because they can guard multiple postions.

The Felton trade would be perfect, Lee for Felton and 2009 1st rounder.
If we can't get that, Zach Randolph for Larry Hughes. We get rid of the cancer, and get some cap space for 2010. The Bulls have to many guards and get some down low presence, which they need.

Artest will never sign a MLE... Be a bit more realistic please..

cheetos185
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Sly suggested a good trade .. Zbo for Hinrich ..i think it's possible now that they got rose they will be shopping hinrich ....and they need a low-post scorer

PC
06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Yeah Zach and Hinrich makes sense for both teams. Last year, the Bulls discussed this exact same swap but in the end, they said no. Now it's a different story. Hinrich had a poor season, they have Rose, and I can see this swap being revisited.

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 11:07 AM
To Do List.

1) Fire Donnie - lol jp, I'm pissed off at him thoguh- really pissed off
2) Trade David Lee for a PG! Felton, Bayless, whoever. Not Tinsley though.
3) TRADE ZBO- MAYBE IF WE CAN TRADE HIM for a shorter contract I won't be AS PISSED at Donnie.

And PC, I hate that jersey in your sig ;-)

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Hinrich would be a very good player in D's system. He is a great shooter, great passer->can someone say Steve Nash before he was moved to the Suns? If we can get Hinrich for Zebo, that would be incredible and I would be all for it.

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Hinrich for ZBo is good only cuz we don't lose anything cap wise. And we get a PG

6deep
06-27-2008, 11:24 AM
I'd look into Slivingston & Jwilliams, even calderon.

If Livingston can play yo could steal him.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Yea, but I would not go after him unless he is 100% healed...plus he isn't that great of a shooter, but he is still young. Which J Will are you talking about? Hopefully it's not the one from Miami...

6deep
06-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Yea, but I would not go after him unless he is 100% healed...plus he isn't that great of a shooter, but he is still young. Which J Will are you talking about? Hopefully it's not the one from Miami...

White Chocolate Baby!

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I'll pass on him then...we need a GOOD pg lol...

mikedesi1004
06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
what about beno udrih??he played pretty well for the kings last season

PC
06-27-2008, 11:33 AM
He wants full MLE (5 years/30 mill)
No thanks

jetsmetsknicks1
06-27-2008, 11:37 AM
whats the situation with the felton deal right now is it just speculation or are there actually serious talks going on. i read the post on knicksblog around 9 yesterday but havent heard anything since

PC
06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I doubt that deal happens. Besides that and the NY Daily News report, there hasn't been any news in over 12 hours

jetsmetsknicks1
06-27-2008, 11:43 AM
i figured but the bobcats like gotta move him no sense in having both he and augustin i guess there just not biting on our offer looking for something better

PC
06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
How about this deal to the Bucks
Zach Randolph for Dan Gadzuric, Desmond Mason, and Charlie Villanueva.

It looks like the Bucks want to be contenders next year so last years interest in Zach can be rekindled.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Gadz has a contract for another 3 years...the other two are going to be entering their final year. The other two for him is fine with me but we could still probably get more for Zebo. BTW, Jerome James is also entering his final year in his contract so he can be a valuable trade asset.

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Lmao, everyone listen to ESPN RAdio

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/1050espnradio/story?id=listenlive#

All the Knicks fans are pissed off.

This one pothead was talking about how whe nMarbury expires we'll have 20 mil cap space, twf lmao

I agree that Galli isnt a good pick but my oh my this is embarrasing xD

shtimp7
06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
i think you guys are all playin yourselves
who the hell wants zbo on their team. i jus don see it.
i'd love to see if we could get hinrich or ben gordon somehow

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 12:06 PM
True, ZBo is pure trash. Waive him. lol. jp. Maybe wait a year and pray his value goes up?

6deep
06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
I Think the perfect place for Randolph is Seattle/OKC Sonics.

They have no interior offensive players. They have Too many Point Guards. Westbrook & Watson (both from UCLA) looks like they're staying. Wilcox has grown out of favor. A deal Can be made. What do you think?

Zack Randolph,Nate Robinson for Luke Ridnour, Wilcox, Sene (all expire before 2010)
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1017~2782~1985~3029~1731&teams=25~25~18~18~18&te=&cash=

Sonics:
Westbrook/Watson
Durant/Nate
Green/Wilkins
Randolph/Collison
Petro/Elson

Knicks
Ridnour/Collins
Crawford/Q
Chandler/Balkman
Lee/Gallinari
Curry/Wilcox/Sene

What do you all think? Maybe we could get a second rounder next year too.

still a fan
06-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow you guy's haven't had enough, all that speculation leading up to the draft, the chance of getting Mayo, or the chance of getting the #5!!!

Donnie is still asleep, so for at least a short while I am giving it a rest!!!

Reality we have Danilo and everyone else is still on the roster!!!!!

It's not like your just passing time or having fun after last night!

So for now-

Till further notice!!

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 12:54 PM

6deep
06-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Kwame Brown C/PF ( 2 yr. 8 mill, 3rd year team option)

LOL don't we have a cheaper alternative in Jerome James? No way he gets more than 1/2 a midlevel

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
The move to Chicago would help us more...we get a great pg in Hinrich AND we get Tyrus Thomas and Cedric Simmons (2 expiring contracts.) Plus, I doubt they would want Randolph. They are trying to surround Durant with people who compliment his game. They drafted Westbrook because he is a nasty defender and can become a good pass first point guard. They got Jeff Green who can play pf if he needs to. If they get Randolph, that would take shots away from Durant. PLUS, they have Collison who averages a double double and they don't have any plays for him-similar to Lee.

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
LOL don't we have a cheaper alternative in Jerome James? No way he gets more than 1/2 a midlevel

I see where that's a problem, I want more of his rebounding and defense though. I see how the money is the issue. What about the rest 6deep?

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 01:02 PM
No way we get Kwame Bust Brown. The idea of getting Green though is nice-6'8'' shooting guard who is very young and very athletic. Plus, we should try to trade James for something because he has an expiring contract...

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 01:03 PM
The move to Chicago would help us more...we get a great pg in Hinrich AND we get Tyrus Thomas and Cedric Simmons (2 expiring contracts.) Plus, I doubt they would want Randolph. They are trying to surround Durant with people who compliment his game. They drafted Westbrook because he is a nasty defender and can become a good pass first point guard. They got Jeff Green who can play pf if he needs to. If they get Randolph, that would take shots away from Durant. PLUS, they have Collison who averages a double double and they don't have any plays for him-similar to Lee.

what move to chicago? It seems as if knicks don't want to take on any salary. I would love to get Hinrich, just my personal thing. I can care less about getting under the cap. But, next year, we have to put a competitive team on the floor defensively that can also can score. I think my ideas best suits that philosophy.

No way we get Kwame Bust Brown. The idea of getting Green though is nice-6'8'' shooting guard who is very young and very athletic. Plus, we should try to trade James for something because he has an expiring contract...

It's not about him being a bust. We know that already. It's about what he is as a basketball player now. he's a role player now that can provide a lot of defense and rebounding coming off the bench. We all know he's a bust just like Joe Smith, but they both can provide defense as role players. I already know Kwame won't give us 20 and 10, that's not what we need him from him. We need him to provide toughness on the floor & on the boards that curry couldn't provide for us.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
If teams thought he could be a roleplayer, why has he been traded 3 times in his first 6 seasons I think...There was a move that I said would work both ways-Knicks get Thomas, Simmons and Hinrich for Zebo and $$...next year, defense is not going to be the problem...D's offense requires a lot of offense and taking risks on defense like steals and blocked shots...the Knicks can steal the ball but can't block shots so next year is going to be all offense and little defense...unless if D changes his whole mindset on what wins games, the Knicks will not be looking for defensive oriented players...

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I think he has only been traded twice, but he got trade for Caron Butler. You cannot get mad at that. He got traded in a deal for Pau. You can't get mad at that either. If I can get those players, I'll trade him too. You already have it in your mind that he's a bust and that he cannot help any team. Little do you know, he really can help this team. You have to see the big picture man.

again, I understand the hinrich move, but it wouldn't make sense for the knicks to get another SF in Tyrus Thomas that have no other significant skills other than his energy and inconsistent defense. He should've stayed in college. He knows nothing about basketball. Cedric Simmons i actually like. He never got the chance to play in Cleveland. I have no the problem with the trade, but Walsh will analyze Thomas and probably wouldn't like him. I rather have Rasheed bad character guy than a young smart *** youngster in Thomas. I like the trade, but it would be some problems that Walsh will have with it.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I know that Thomas and Simmons would just give us more players in positions that we already have plenty of, but I included them because of the expiring contracts. The Knicks are not going to get fixed in one year, so if we trade for expiring contracts we can pick up some better players in the free agent market. About Kwame, I meant this would be his third trade since he was drafted. He was the backup center in LA when Mihm was starting and he did not do anything but miss layups and have huge defensive lapses. If we can get him for close to nothing-1 mill a year-then that's fine with me. But backing up Curry and expecting him to play well...IDK about that. I do understand where you are coming from but, like I said before, the Knicks will not be fixed in one offseason so instead of trying to fix the problem now and sign role players, we should trade players for cap space and try to make some moves in the market for a great player...maybe a Josh Smith who would flourish and put up huge numbers in D's system, while providing some defense.

6deep
06-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I see where that's a problem, I want more of his rebounding and defense though. I see how the money is the issue. What about the rest 6deep?

you forgot perhaps a guy like Anthony Carter who gets us through the next year or two until we get a chance to draft a PG. I think we have to draft a guy in 09. Elson would be an ok Backup. but can't D'antoni inspire James to go to work?

Also, we need to find unconventional ways of getting talent. a sign & trade would be best for the cap.

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 02:14 PM
how about the trades? are they reasonable?

6deep
06-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Off Season Trades

NY and MIA

Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman for Shawn Marion, Future 2nd Rounder

NY and DET

Zach Randolph for Rasheed Wallace

NY and Cleveland

Jamal Crawford, Jared Jeffries for Wally Szczerbiak, Future 1st rounder (top 20 protected)

Releases: Jerome James

Free agency: Kwame Brown ( 2 yr 8 mill), SG Tony Allen (2 yr. 5 mill)

NY and MIA
Eddy Curry not gonna be traded this quickly. We gave up a lot to get him, and when healthy & motivated he will produce.

NY and DET
Zack Randolph for Rashweed is a no brainer. I do that in a second. Wallace expires, and Gallinari has a year to develop behind him at PF.

NY and Cleveland
Another no brainer that favors us & our future plans (gets rid of salary). The key is the pick, with which we could draft a guard late in the first.

I'd rather Keep James who I believe expires before 2010 & who I think can be inspired by D'antoni. I don't think we need a free agent, unless we need an experienced veteran guard who D'antoni can trust this team with. Anthony Carter, Jason Williams, etc. Eventually we will need to draft a PG to develop. Chalmers would have been nice in the second round. There are a few coming out next year. Also we could consider undrafted guys. I think the Pargo Brother should be looked at.... And why not get a kid who plays this summer for the Knicks Vegas team & give em a shot at warming the bench? The roster has some room.

I would also consider a trade for Dj Strawberry, 6'5" 200lbs. If d'antoni likes him.

DJ Strawberry (Darryl's kid)
High school
A graduate of Mater Dei High School, Strawberry built a reputation for hard-nosed defense. During his senior year, he was involved in a nationally-televised matchup against St. Vincent - St. Mary High School of Akron, Ohio, where he was assigned the task of defending their star player and future NBA superstar LeBron James. Strawberry was lauded for his efforts, which included holding James to a 33% shooting performance (0-for-8 from beyond the three-point line) and forcing him into seven turnovers.

College
While he was primarily a swingman, a lack of depth pressed Strawberry into the role of point guard during his junior year. He had various degrees of success in this new role, leading the team in both assists per game (4.0) and turnovers per game (2.9).

Strawberry received Honorable Mention All-ACC Freshman honors. During his junior year, he received Honorable Mention All-ACC Defensive Team honors. He is the eighth player in Maryland history to lead the team in both steals and assists.

In his senior season he was voted to second team All-ACC.

Pros
D.J. Strawberry was drafted by the Phoenix Suns with the 59th selection in the 2007 NBA Draft. He was signed on August 28, 2007 to a two year contract.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
James actually has an expiring contract this year so he could be a valuable trade asset also.

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 03:14 PM
NY and MIA
Eddy Curry not gonna be traded this quickly. We gave up a lot to get him, and when healthy & motivated he will produce.

NY and DET
Zack Randolph for Rashweed is a no brainer. I do that in a second. Wallace expires, and Gallinari has a year to develop behind him at PF.

NY and Cleveland
Another no brainer that favors us & our future plans (gets rid of salary). The key is the pick, with which we could draft a guard late in the first.

I'd rather Keep James who I believe expires before 2010 & who I think can be inspired by D'antoni. I don't think we need a free agent, unless we need an experienced veteran guard who D'antoni can trust this team with. Anthony Carter, Jason Williams, etc. Eventually we will need to draft a PG to develop. Chalmers would have been nice in the second round. There are a few coming out next year. Also we could consider undrafted guys. I think the Pargo Brother should be looked at.... And why not get a kid who plays this summer for the Knicks Vegas team & give em a shot at warming the bench? The roster has some room.

I would also consider a trade for Dj Strawberry, 6'5" 200lbs. If d'antoni likes him.

DJ Strawberry (Darryl's kid)
High school
A graduate of Mater Dei High School, Strawberry built a reputation for hard-nosed defense. During his senior year, he was involved in a nationally-televised matchup against St. Vincent - St. Mary High School of Akron, Ohio, where he was assigned the task of defending their star player and future NBA superstar LeBron James. Strawberry was lauded for his efforts, which included holding James to a 33% shooting performance (0-for-8 from beyond the three-point line) and forcing him into seven turnovers.

College
While he was primarily a swingman, a lack of depth pressed Strawberry into the role of point guard during his junior year. He had various degrees of success in this new role, leading the team in both assists per game (4.0) and turnovers per game (2.9).

Strawberry received Honorable Mention All-ACC Freshman honors. During his junior year, he received Honorable Mention All-ACC Defensive Team honors. He is the eighth player in Maryland history to lead the team in both steals and assists.

In his senior season he was voted to second team All-ACC.

Pros
D.J. Strawberry was drafted by the Phoenix Suns with the 59th selection in the 2007 NBA Draft. He was signed on August 28, 2007 to a two year contract.

I actually like DJ Strawberry because he can play defense. He has long arms and he's willing to work.

It's not that I'm giving up on Curry, I just don't trust him.

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 03:17 PM
D.J. is listed as 6'5'' so idk how Curry affects whether or not we get DJ.

6deep
06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I actually like DJ Strawberry because he can play defense. He has long arms and he's willing to work.

It's not that I'm giving up on Curry, I just don't trust him.

I think D'antoni likes Curry and will use him as his Amare type guy. Strawbury played for D'ant so he'd know him best.

6deep
06-27-2008, 03:27 PM
D.J. is listed as 6'5'' so idk how Curry affects whether or not we get DJ.

Reaad:

This is where we're at right now:

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Still not really sure where Curry comes in...just forget I ever mentioned it.

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 03:32 PM
go back to the 3rd page and read at the top of the page. Curry has nothing to do with Strawberry, just read the posts and you'll understand

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Lol, gotcha.

6deep
06-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Can we Pry away Mike Miller from The T-wolves, or can he not be traded for 60 days or December or whatever.....

David Lee & Malik Rose for Mike Miller?

PG MB
SG MMiller
SF Chandler
PF Gallinari
C Curry

We still need to try & move Randolph for Heineken!:cool:

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Understand what you're trying to do, but a lot of these moves have to make some sense now. I wouldn't move lee for Miller.

PJAF
06-27-2008, 04:15 PM
First off you can forget Felton or anyone from Charlotte. Larry Brown will not deal with Knicks and Dolan. Secondly, forget white chocolate, he's terrible. I think Agent zero can be had for the right combo. Also Rasheed for Zach is terrible. sheed is 36 and on down side and Zach is 26 and on up side. We don't need much in D'antoni's run and gun

PC
06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I think he had a real problem with Isiah. He's gone. I'm sure Jordan and Brown will do trades if they think it makes them a better team, reguardless of how Brown feels about us

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 06:42 PM
James actually has an expiring contract this year so he could be a valuable trade asset also.

Um no, he has a player option. Stupid Isiah.

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 07:00 PM
This is where we're at right now:

Eddy Curry C
Zach Randolph PF
Quentin Richardson SF/SG
Jamal Crawford SG
Stephon Marbury PG

David Lee PF
Danilo Gallinari SF/PF
Nate Robinston G
Wilson Chandler SF/SG
Jared Jeffries SF/PF
Malik Rose PF
Renaldo Balkman SF
Mardy Collins SG/PG
Jerome James C

FA: Fred Jones, Randolph Morris

Needs: Back up center (defensive w/ size), PG back up help, PF help

Free agents that are available that I feel we can actually get:

Money I think is appropriate

Tony Allen SG (qualifying offer for 2 yr 5 mill. 3rd year team option)
Salim Stoudamire PG (qualifying offer for 2 yr 5 mill..3rd year team option)
Chris Duhon PG (might command the full MLE)
Shannon Brown SG/SF ( 1 yr. 1.5 mill)
Patrick O'Bryant (give him a chance D-Leethal) (2 yr. 2.5 mill)
Desagna Diop C (might command the full MLE)
Stromile Swift PF/C (3 yr. 7 mill)
Chris Anderson PF/C (1 yr. 1 mill)
Pat Garrity PF (1 yr. 3 mill)
Brian Skinner PF/C (2 yr. 5 mill)
Lorenzo Wright C/PF (1 yr. 1.5 mill)
Francisco Elson C (2 yr. 8 mill)
Gerald Green SG (2 yr. deal 4 mill, 3rd year player option, 4th yr team option)

Off Season Trades

NY and MIA

NY and DET

NY and Cleveland

Jamal Crawford, Jared Jeffries for Wally Szczerbiak, Future 1st rounder (top 20 protected)

WOULD YOU WANT GERALD GREEN OVER TONY ALLEN?

Team now would be:

Rasheed Wallace C/PF
Shawn Marion SF/PF
Wilson Chandler SF/SG
Quentin Richardson SF/SG
Stephon Marbury PG

Wally Szczberiak SG
David Lee PF
Nate Robinson PG
Danilo Gallanari SF/PF
Kwame Brown C
Tony Allen SG
Mardy Collins
1st filler
2nd filler
3rd filler

Fillers can be players undrafted or scouting during summer league.

Look what I put together...A competitive team together that has a starting lineup that can play some defense. It's that simple and easy to obtain.

What do you think guys?

PC
06-27-2008, 07:02 PM
How about Lee for Conley? The Felton rumor was proven false and with Mayo, the Grizzlies are stacked in both guard positions.

GiantYankKnicks
06-27-2008, 07:04 PM
^ it looks like There Gonna Start Conley and Mayo at PG and SG.They will probley get Rid of Lowrey/Crittienton

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 07:05 PM
y would memphis trade conley for lee when they didn't even want to pry with him in a miami trade

GiantYankKnicks
06-27-2008, 07:06 PM
I think Donnie Needs 2 Call MJ about Felton because he is on the Block. we just havent talked 2 them yet.

PC
06-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I see. Well, neither Lowry or Crittenton are enough for Lee, so maybe we can do Lowry for Lee and Zach? They should have enough cap space to take on Zach's contract

kyubi256
06-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Or Lowry + 1st round for Lee

Knicks35
06-27-2008, 07:27 PM
What about trading for Duhon or Conely Jr?

PC
06-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Duhon's an unrestricted FA so I think we'll eye him because 'Antoni and Walsh said they'd do things in the FA

gotham
06-27-2008, 07:36 PM
How about Taurean Green, The Nuggets aren't using him at all. He was starting point for two Florida championship runs. Or Jared Jordan. We use to own his draft rights?

Hustla23
06-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a question. If Memphis is trying to reduce salaries, why the hell did they do that OJ Mayo deal? Now they're forced to eat all those horrible crap contracts dumped on them by Minnesota.

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
T.4.R
Tank for Rubio.

Wow, I can't believe I said that. HERE WE GO AGAIN!

MKH
06-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah Zach and Hinrich makes sense for both teams. Last year, the Bulls discussed this exact same swap but in the end, they said no. Now it's a different story. Hinrich had a poor season, they have Rose, and I can see this swap being revisited.

I agree. Great trade for the Knicks. Needs to be expanded for cap purposes (BYC issues). Include Hughes and Jeffries. Separate - sign Diop or Brown to back up Curry. Cut JJ. With summer 2010 cap numbers

Starting
PG - Hinrich ($8MM)
SG - Crawford ($10.08-)
SF - Chandler ($2.13
PF - Lee (Gone)
C - Curry ($11.276+)

Rotation in order (though would be situational)
PG/SG - Marbury
SF/PF - Gallinari ($3-4MM)
C- Diop (Brown)
SG/SF - QRich
PG/SG - Nate

Bench
Collins
Balkman
Rose

2010 Summer
~$35MM for above 5 players
$18MM for superstar
Chandler or Crawford to six-man
Next year's draft pick to seventh-man ($3MM)
Approximately $5MM + MLE + other exception to fill bench (after signing superstar)

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I like this lineup better

Rasheed Wallace C/PF
Shawn Marion SF/PF
Wilson Chandler SF/SG
Quentin Richardson SF/SG
Stephon Marbury PG

Wally Szczberiak SG
David Lee PF
Nate Robinson PG
Danilo Gallanari SF/PF
Kwame Brown C
Tony Allen SG
Mardy Collins

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Alright guys, I think that we should go small but SPEEDY and with the players we have we can do this. Plus Mike D loves speed.

PG- Nate (small for position)
SG- Crawford
SF- Chandler
PF- Gallinari (more of a SF type but can out hustle any other PF)
C- Lee (very undersized for C)

I would then trade Zbo for shorter contracts.
Package Curry and Chandler for a goood fast SF.

KnickVeteran
06-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Alright guys, I think that we should go small but SPEEDY and with the players we have we can do this. Plus Mike D loves speed.

PG- Nate (small for position)
SG- Crawford
SF- Chandler
PF- Gallinari (more of a SF type but can out hustle any other PF)
C- Lee (very undersized for C)

I would then trade Zbo for shorter contracts.
Package Curry and Chandler for a goood fast SF.

I think you just lost your mind lol are you serious?

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:20 PM
It's an interesting lineup no doubt, but I don't think Lee could play the center effectively. As there are many players who can jump higher than him and are the same height/taller. It helps Lee when Curry is in the game or even Zebo because they take up space/box out so it leaves some rebounds for Lee.

KNICKSFAN
06-27-2008, 11:20 PM
lmfao, dude, I'm desperate and pissed off. And slightly high. Bad combo xD. Fire DOnnie.

javaid64
06-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Players not likely to play a role on team next year even if not traded or waived:
Mardy Collins, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose

Players who possibly play a role on team if they can improve:
Renaldo Balkman, Quientin Richardson, Wilson Chandler

The rotation that im guessing if no trades occur or any free agents added is:
PG - Marbury/Robinson
SG - Crawford/Richardson
SF - Galinarri/Balkman/Chandler
PF - Randolph/Lee
C - Curry

Gmen824
06-27-2008, 11:47 PM
We dont need a big pg yet, we still have marbury for one more year, and i think he will have a decent year, but idk y we didn't try and buy a/trade a sf for the 2nd round pick of "Mario Chalmers" I think he ina few years could be a decent starting pg, but we REALLY need to unload some sf's, we have 5 [q,wilson,jefferis,balkman,danilaro lol spelling*]

feel me?

Gmen824
06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Players not likely to play a role on team next year even if not traded or waived:
Mardy Collins, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose

Players who possibly play a role on team if they can improve:
Renaldo Balkman, Quientin Richardson, Wilson Chandler

The rotation that im guessing if no trades occur or any free agents added is:
PG - Marbury/Robinson
SG - Crawford/Richardson
SF - Galinarri/Balkman/Chandler
PF - Randolph/Lee
C - Curry

Do you think he's gonna get the starting nod next year?

knicks1214
06-27-2008, 11:50 PM
I don't. I think he will definately play though. If he does start, it probably will be at pf to let him get used to what playing like a pf in the NBA is like. Probably Chandler would start or Q...hopefully not Q...

THE MTL
06-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Wow, I didnt know Gallinari was 6'9" and 220lbs. Yea, he can play PF in D'Antoni's system and we can start Chandler at SF. As long as we start going young in our rotation i'm happy.

Anji
06-28-2008, 09:54 AM
The more I think about it the it seems Hinrich is proabaly the point guard we should get. We wanted Westbrook, Hinrich is a taller player, plays D and probably is as good of a point guard as Westbrook will ever be at running a team. Basically you trade off Westbrooks speed for Hinrichs shooting.

Maybe we do:
Lee & JJ2 for Hinrich & TT

Hustla23
06-28-2008, 11:09 AM
The more I think about it the it seems Hinrich is proabaly the point guard we should get. We wanted Westbrook, Hinrich is a taller player, plays D and probably is as good of a point guard as Westbrook will ever be at running a team. Basically you trade off Westbrooks speed for Hinrichs shooting.

Maybe we do:
Lee & JJ2 for Hinrich & TT

That would be a GREAT , PHENOMENAL trade. Dunno if Chicago would ever do that though lol. They'd only be willing to do Lee for Hinrich + fillers and stuff, and I don't wanna do that ever.

Zach + Lee for Hinrich + TT seems like something both parties would be willing to do.

6deep
06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
IT's Saturday, It's beautiful Outside, I'm at Work, & Bored, so:

Late on draft night the Memphis grizzlies traded with Minnesota to get OJ mayo.

They also took on a lot of $$$ in contracts with Jaric & Walker (14m/per year - 3yrs left) + Bucker's 4Million per. thats close to $18M million on three bench players/overpaid players.

Since there are no Grizz fans on PSD to bounce this trade around. I know I would be pissed (I changed my mind on this deal) if I traded Miller & Love for Mayo + 18M+/yr in dead contracts. The wolves did a nice job on that one, but I digress....

I have no source, I'm just "talking" here:

Do you still think we have a shot at OJ Mayo? Is he really worth it. How sweet would Mayo/Gallinari look?
:pity::pity::pity::pity::badidea::crazy::ohno::sle ep::shush::censored::box::hide::guns::dance2:

David Lee,Marbury = Mayo,Jaric,Walker, Buckner

I know it totally ruins our chances at lebron in a staight up signing, but I do not think we'll be able to do that anyway. Jaric & Walker will be expiring contracts after 2010 to trade away in summer 2009/10, Buckner expires before..... so what do you think Memphis would go for it? It clears alot of cap space and gets them David Lee. :p

OJMAYO/Jaric/collins
Crawford/Q/Nate
Chandler/Walker
Randolph/Gallinari
Curry/James

Memphis
Conley
Marbury
Gay
Lee
Milicic

or
Conley
Mayo+18M=Marbury's expiring
Gay
Warrick<Lee
Milicic

If you think this is crazy I agree. Memphis really must have wanted OJ Mayo badly, but this is just an Idea.

:D:cool::smoking::cry::clap::speechless::o :rolleyes::mad::cool::confused::D

HOZ THE KNICK
06-28-2008, 12:14 PM
they wanted mayo so bad they took does ridiculus contracts back to get him they will never trade him now they fill that conley and mayo is their backcourt of the future and i don't blame them.

6deep
06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeh, I know that it's nuts....If we had done the original Memphis deal, Mayo would be ours. Mayo will be like Ron Artest....the one that got away....

mr_badman
06-28-2008, 12:20 PM
dlee refused to play for the griz thats why the deal fell through in the first place the deal is :dance::jumpy::bs:

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Lets be real, no way they're including Tyrus Thomas

MSG34
06-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow, I didnt know Gallinari was 6'9" and 220lbs. Yea, he can play PF in D'Antoni's system and we can start Chandler at SF. As long as we start going young in our rotation i'm happy.

that's what i've been saying Gallinari and Chandler can play at the same time but I'm worried about Gallinari rebounding next to Curry

MSG34
06-28-2008, 01:10 PM

Hinrichs a good idea because he can run an offense and shoot the ball well. I was also thinking about Mo Williams from milwaukee what do you guys think?

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Mo has like 4 yrs. left on his contract. I think Milwuakee is willing to keep the team they have because they just landed Jefferson. All they need is somone to feel the void at PF. IF they were smart, they need to package CV, D.Mason and probably a draft pick for a veteran big man...probably someone like Rasheed if that's probable.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-28-2008, 01:12 PM
that's what i've been saying Gallinari and Chandler can play at the same time but I'm worried about Gallinari rebounding next to Curry

unless you put one of them at the 2 and the other at the 3. With Gallinari's outside shooting, I think he can handle the 2.

KNICKSFAN
06-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Eh I'd rahter just do something like Zach + Balkman for Hinrich + semi bad contract (must expire in 2 years)

6deep
06-28-2008, 01:23 PM
The potential departure of Lee, however, could yield the point guard general manager Donnie Walsh declined to draft to potentially replace Stephon Marbury, albeit a stopgap one, such as Portland’s Steve Blake, Seattle’s Luke Ridnour or one from among Memphis’ gaggle of guards.

“I think there are other ways to solve the problem if we have to,” a guarded Walsh said Friday when asked about not drafting a point instead of Gallinari

“I know there are conversations going on,” Lee’s agent Mark Bartelstein told The Record.

Given his druthers, and his salary-cap reduction plan for the summer of 2010, Walsh would rather unload Zach Randolph and the three years and $48 million still left on his contract to alleviate what the Knicks’ president called a “survival of the fittest” logjam for minutes up front that Gallinari’s arrival creates.

But, Lee, a free agent next summer if he doesn’t get a contract extension before the start of next season, is far more enticing trade bait. “A lot of people want to get David Lee,” Bartelstein said.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/knicks/Knicks_face_a_few_questions_heading_into_free_agen cy.html

KNICKSFAN
06-28-2008, 01:25 PM
What if we package Lee and ZBo together, make Galli our starting PF?

That way we seriously help our 2010 plans big time.

Then we do the Rose + Jeffries for Hughes deal

and we have a TON of cap. To get LBJ and another player.

KNICKSFAN
06-28-2008, 01:26 PM
And One thing is fore sure, unless its for an allstar/superstar. NO TRADING OUR PICk.

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 01:29 PM
the worst thing knicks can do is package Lee and Zach together for cap purposes. Unless they're getting a all star player, I wouldn't do it. I'd try to package them separately with other players.

KNICKSFAN
06-28-2008, 01:33 PM
the worst thing knicks can do is package Lee and Zach together for cap purposes. Unless they're getting a all star player, I wouldn't do it. I'd try to package them separately with other players.

Hm, yeah your right.

Hustla23
06-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Any chance David accepts whatever offer we throw at him? He seems to like playing in New York =) He definitely gets the most attention here.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-28-2008, 02:06 PM
how about lee and the rooster for mayo and 1st rd pick.

Sports Illustrator
06-28-2008, 03:00 PM
A lot of teams wanted Channing Frye last season, we dealt him and ended up making a horrible move afterall.

I hope we play it extremely smart now that a lot of teams want David Lee. I still like that Raymon Felton trade...

Hustla23
06-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Please don't let that Felton trade fall through. He's not the "Franchise" PG we should be looking to acquire.

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't think Felton is the answer. I really don't have faith in Donnie or the organization. Donnie has to put a team that will be competitive defensively and offensively next year.

This is a plan that I favor:

Eddy Curry C
Zach Randolph PF
Quentin Richardson SF/SG
Jamal Crawford SG
Stephon Marbury PG

David Lee PF
Danilo Gallinari SF/PF
Nate Robinston G
Wilson Chandler SF/SG
Jared Jeffries SF/PF
Malik Rose PF
Renaldo Balkman SF
Mardy Collins SG/PG
Jerome James C

FA: Fred Jones, Randolph Morris

Needs: Back up center (defensive w/ size), PG back up help, PF help

Free agents that are available that I feel we can actually get:

Money I think is appropriate

Tony Allen SG (qualifying offer for 2 yr 5 mill. 3rd year team option)
Salim Stoudamire PG (qualifying offer for 2 yr 5 mill..3rd year team option)
Chris Duhon PG (might command the full MLE)
Shannon Brown SG/SF ( 1 yr. 1.5 mill)
Patrick O'Bryant (give him a chance D-Leethal) (2 yr. 2.5 mill)
Desagna Diop C (might command the full MLE)
Stromile Swift PF/C (3 yr. 7 mill)
Chris Anderson PF/C (1 yr. 1 mill)
Pat Garrity PF (1 yr. 3 mill)
Brian Skinner PF/C (2 yr. 5 mill)
Lorenzo Wright C/PF (1 yr. 1.5 mill)
Francisco Elson C (2 yr. 8 mill)
Gerald Green SG (2 yr. deal 4 mill, 3rd year player option, 4th yr team option)

Off Season Trades

NY and MIA

NY and DET

NY and Cleveland

WOULD YOU WANT GERALD GREEN OVER TONY ALLEN?

Team now would be:

Rasheed Wallace C/PF
Shawn Marion SF/PF
Wilson Chandler SF/SG
Quentin Richardson SF/SG
Stephon Marbury PG

Wally Szczberiak SG
David Lee PF
Nate Robinson PG
Danilo Gallanari SF/PF
Kwame Brown C
Tony Allen SG
Mardy Collins
1st filler
2nd filler
3rd filler

Fillers can be players undrafted or scouting during summer league.

Look what I put together...A competitive team together that has a starting lineup that can play some defense. It's that simple and easy to obtain.

C'MON Donnie, I wish I knew his number lol

MKH
06-28-2008, 03:50 PM
No big contracts.. If we can get young guys who play hard I'm all for it.. If Lee can net us a big time player/prospect - fine

Try to move Randolph and anyone else hurting the locker room

From there hope D'Antoni can lead this team to some wins and change the dynamic around the joke we've put out there the last five years

Exactly. Any interest in Delfino from the Raptors? Rumor is he available.

MKH
06-28-2008, 03:54 PM
do u think we could snatch up ben gordon on a sign n trade plus filler for randolph plus player, they got rose, randolph could be low scorer they r lookin for

Would rather haver Hinrich whose salary deescalates.

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Exactly. Any interest in Delfino from the Raptors? Rumor is he available.

nooo...he's too inconsistent as a player.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-28-2008, 06:20 PM
knicks and hawks need to get together and make it happen it works for both teams what you guys think?

SLY WILLIAMS
06-28-2008, 06:21 PM
knicks and hawks need to get together and make it happen it works for both teams what you guys think?

I understand AC Law but arent the Hawks loaded at PF and arent we loaded at SF?

ari1013
06-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I understand AC Law but arent the Hawks loaded at PF and arent we loaded at SF?
Yup this deal makes no sense for either team.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-28-2008, 06:24 PM
childress canplay the 2 he did a number of times last yr.

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 06:26 PM

Childress is a restricted free agent, he'll probably command a 4 yr. contract....with that said, no...Acie Law, I like I wouldn't give up lee for him. Knicks need to make a qualifying offer to Salim Stoudamire. He'll come cheap. Back on my point, the deal doesn't help either team.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-28-2008, 06:33 PM
it was just a thought but we can't go into the season with mardy as our backup he doesent fit in what coach is trying to do.

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 06:38 PM
D'Antoni also has to adapt to the players. They don't necessarily have to adapt to the way he plays. I'm tired of us thinking like that. That's what a real coach suppose to be...bring out the best of every player on your team. He needs to find the way to make us gel. D'Antoni's answer is the run and gun style. That's not the answer. Make them gel together on defense first. Show them how they can trust each other. He's getting paid so much to teach...and he needs to do that.

2011ouryear
06-28-2008, 06:41 PM
D'Antoni also has to adapt to the players. They don't necessarily have to adapt to the way he plays. I'm tired of us thinking like that. That's what a real coach suppose to be...bring out the best of every player on your team. He needs to find the way to make us gel. D'Antoni's answer is the run and gun style. That's not the answer. Make them gel together on defense first. Show them how they can trust each other. He's getting paid so much to teach...and he needs to do that.

Finally a man that understands the problem with the team....and hopefully D'antoni will do just that...make us a TEAM

NIN
06-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice. Another misleading thread title. This is the second time in 2 days that Lee has been traded.

KnickVeteran
06-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Nice. Another misleading thread title. This is the second time in 2 days that Lee has been traded.

I'm use to it, you'll get use to it. Welcome to the forum too.

westcoasteagle
06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Knicks need to make a qualifying offer to Salim Stoudamire. He'll come cheap.

Not bad. Salim strikes me like a poor man's Barbosa, and might fit into DAntoni's system better than Mardy Collins.

THE MTL
06-29-2008, 02:41 AM

I think D'Antoni is looking to adapt to the Knicks players. Eddy Curry is a very anti-D'Antoni player. He isnt athletic and cannot run or pass; however it seems that D'Antoni is looking forward to working with him. Also with Marbury it looks like he is going to be our starting point guard. D'Antoni doesnt seem to have a problem with that and speaks highly of Marbury's game. D'Antoni will adapt to the team.

Weezy
06-29-2008, 09:35 AM
MD is a much better teacher than Isiah Thomas............we are rebuilding not winning a championship right now.

KnickVeteran
06-29-2008, 10:27 PM
MD doesn't have anything to do with Isiah. I'm talking about MD, but Isiah name always comes up.

Knicks need to look at cheap FA that will help this team like Kwame Brown, Tony Allen, Salim Stoudamire, Sebastian Telfair.

I prefer signing Tony Allen and Kwame Brown...I wouldn't mine trading for Salim in Sign/Trade...they might have to give up Malik. Sebastian may ask for the full MLE.

PC
06-29-2008, 10:43 PM
A trade I'd be very interested in is Zach Randolph for Wally Szczberiak.

KnickVeteran
06-29-2008, 10:50 PM
that trade doesn't make sense basketball wise.

29$JerZ
06-29-2008, 10:53 PM

Agreed, Wally may provide Cap relief but We just get another Forward. Believe itor Not Zach can net us More

I would look into Denver or Utah

Denver Could use a low post Forward and I wouldn't Mind a Steven Hunter + Nene or Kenyon Martin Deal

We at least get some Defense and athleticism at the 4

And as for Utah, Boozer won't be staying for long in utah and Memhet isn't their answer at Pf

KnickVeteran
06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
If there are no legit suitors, then I'll rather keep Zach. Let 'Antoni coach us if he can.

KNICKSFAN
06-29-2008, 11:15 PM

Yes it does. You have to understand that in thius game of basketball, you can be as talented as you want but if you dont have heart and if your team is horrible chemistry *cough* Knicks then theres no point. We have a ton of talented players but it is due to chemistry killers like ZBo that everybody is brought down. This not only improves the team, but also improves our future. Its a win win situation.

IronFunky
06-30-2008, 08:39 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=429408

Duhon is not my first choice by any means. It is just a rumor at this point, but it will be something to keep an eye on tomorrow.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=429408

Duhon is not my first choice by any means. It is just a rumor at this point, but it will be something to keep an eye on tomorrow.

Duhon is not a "star" but he does bring some interesting qualities.

He plays legit defense
He has a solid assist to turnover ratio (3 to 1)
He is solid from the line
He is young (25)
He is playoff tested
He did start many games (73) on a 47 win team as a rookie with Curry

While Duhon shoots a low fg percentage overall he is solid (not great) from 3 point range which is where half of his shots come from. His true shooting percentage is not that bad. He only averages 6 shots a game. On a team hungry with shooters that might be a nice compliment.

zoolander1998
06-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I would love to do the Lee for Bayless deal

if not then the Felton deal

Are these rumored deals, or fan suggestions? I was furious we didn't draft Bayless. Felton has talent too.

zoolander1998
06-30-2008, 09:34 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Raymond-Felton-5/
If he is available, I want him for the Knicks. D'Antoni can turn him into a star with his system.

Weezy
06-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Duhon is a legit player to have and not only that hes very young...

SLY WILLIAMS
06-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Duhon is a legit player to have and not only that hes very young...

Plus he started 73 games with Curry back in 2005 on a Bulls playoff team that won 47 games. I like how young their lineup was that year.

Duhon was a rookie starter on that team.
Curry was only 21-22 himself.
Luol Deng was a rookie
Nocioni was a rookie albeit 25 at the time
Kirk was 24

Ben Gordon was a rookie off the bench as well

We can have a similar young team under Mike D this year. I think that would excite some NY Knicks fans that have been waiting for years for something new.

KnickVeteran
06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
^ now Duhon can help Curry with his rebounds, blk. shots and his defense.

CURUKASH
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
What do you guys think of Carlos Arroyo

Since we are looking for cheap alternatives take a look at Carlos Arroyo. He is a cheap alternative we all saw how he torched the USA team a couple years back and he learned to play PG his 1st 2 years in the league under John Stockton and Mark Jackson. What would help also is that we have a big Puerto Rican community in New York so it would be a pride thing to come in and play hard day in and day out knowing his people is watching him sort of like how Tito Trinidad and Miguel Cotto tend to want to fight at the Garden since it pumps them up

They mentioned him in this paper with Keyon Dooling, Chris Duhon, Beno Udrih and Jason Williams.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view/2008_06_30_Knicks__quest_for_LeBron_James_will_dri ve_decisions_made_by_Donnie_Walsh/srvc=home&position=recent

KnickVeteran
06-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Carlos Arroyo would be another version of nate but Taller. He doesn't know how to run a team.

KNICKSFAN
06-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Carlos Arroyo would be another version of nate but Taller. He doesn't know how to run a team.

Well we're not looking for a franchise PG here who can lead the team. Just a temporary pick up for cheap.

CURUKASH
06-30-2008, 12:55 PM
My exact thoughts he's a cheap alternative and a 2 year contract wouldnt be beyond him since he only wants to play for team with hispanic communities. He mentioned only talking to MIA, NY and ORL during free agency. He's fast and in the D'antoni system I think he would do well.

KNICKSFAN
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
My only concern is I think other teams will offer them longer contracts. Boooo!

KnickVeteran
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, but Carlos Arroyo doesn't do anything significant other than looking for his offense. He doesn't run a team or play defense. We need a back up guard who will play his part. Carlos seems to want to play like he's Kobe. I'm not trying to be funny, but he doesn't see players on court with him. He see's his self and the basketball. He will figure out how to score from there. We have enough guards on the team like him. Nate is one of them and so is Crawford.

CURUKASH
06-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, but Carlos Arroyo doesn't do anything significant other than looking for his offense. He doesn't run a team or play defense. We need a back up guard who will play his part. Carlos seems to want to play like he's Kobe. I'm not trying to be funny, but he doesn't see players on court with him. He see's his self and the basketball. He will figure out how to score from there. We have enough guards on the team like him. Nate is one of them and so is Crawford.

It's weird that you say that because all of the ESPN analyst and reports I check on him see has a pass first european type point guard. If you have only see him on the olympics I understand why you say this because he is the star on that team but around the NBA he actually looks for his teammates
This is his last game in New York when Dooling and Nelson were injured

C Arroyo, G
41 Min
3 Reb
8 Assists
1 Fouls
13 Points

Another game with less action he still had 4 Assists
C Arroyo
14 Min
4 Reb
4 Assists
0 Fouls
6 Points

You see whatever you see on sportscenter isnt always valid its like looking for Jerome James highlights on youtube.

KnickVeteran
06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Honestly, I like the way he plays with puerto rico overseas. That same game doesn't materializing over here...I have no clue why.

When he was in Toronto, shoot first....Detroit shoot first....he seems as if he's trying to still prove that he belongs in the NBA...you understand where I'm coming from? lol Just play your game.

CURUKASH
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Yea i get where your getting at now but hopefully in a european type systme with D'antoni he may play the way he does in PR than when he was with say detroit or orlando

Isiah Thomas
07-01-2008, 12:14 AM
this is completely unoffical.

sign and trade duhon 2 years 5 mill
larry hughes 13 2 more years
drew gooden 7 mill expiring

for

zbo
nate
mailk rose

basically they get zbo for some easy buckets from rose

we get ride of zbo and get duhon which we want and gooden is solid and would bring some toughness that we need and hughes is a defensive guy who could be a solid 6th man.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-01-2008, 12:20 AM
I like it but we need to get a 2nd rounder from them with it
But this trade would of made much more sense if we drafted bayless >.<

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 12:46 AM
hey, I am a bulls fan and I am just wondering what you guys think of this idea... dont bash me btw for it if you dont like it lol :D

bulls trade:
hughes
gooden
noci
hinrich

knicks trade:
marbs
rose
lee
jerome james

think about it, you get 2 nice expirings in gooden and hughes in 2010 PLUS 2 good players who do the dirty work and are usually a part of championship teams(hinrich/noci), especially if you are able to hit the 2010 FA hard...

KnickVeteran
07-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Hell yeah I'll take that. even though Nacioni has like 4 yrs. left, I'll take it.

29$JerZ
07-01-2008, 01:01 AM
hey, I am a bulls fan and I am just wondering what you guys think of this idea... dont bash me btw for it if you dont like it lol :D

bulls trade:
hughes
gooden
noci
hinrich

knicks trade:
marbs
rose
jerome james

think about it, you get 2 nice expirings in gooden and hughes in 2010 PLUS 2 good players who do the dirty work and are usually a part of championship teams(hinrich/noci), especially if you are able to hit the 201

0 FA hard...
That's a great deal for Us, IDK about you guys though. Chi gives up too much and only for Cap space? Doubt it happens but if it did I would be a happy guy :)0

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Hell yeah I'll take that. even though Nacioni has like 4 yrs. left, I'll take it.

thing is they both convenietly have decreasing contracts, and thanks for liking it lol. I think it's good for both teams, especialyl cause one thing your team can use if it would like to rebuild is unselfish role players like hinrich and noci. i mean I can see from your side point why you would want them since we had the same exact siuation only like 5 years ago when krause ****ed it up and pax had to clean up the mess...

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 01:05 AM
oh ****, I think I know why all you guys love it so much, i left out lee, with lee, would you still do it...?
or did you fall in love with that previos deal too much, cause our frontcourt needs at least another average-above average player(lee).

Sports Illustrator
07-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Lol, I like that trade without David Lee. Drew Gooden would essentially be our only PF unless Gallinari was used as the starting PF (that is still to be determined though). Its not that bad of a trade though, I wouldn't be too upset if it happened.

If the Knicks were to give you a counter off to switch Hinrich for Gordon, would you do it? From the Knicks stand point, I'd do it. The question is if whether or not the Chicago Bulls would be willing to have Kirk Hinrich as the starting SG.

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Lol, I like that trade without David Lee. Drew Gooden would essentially be our only PF unless Gallinari was used as the starting PF (that is still to be determined though). Its not that bad of a trade though, I wouldn't be too upset if it happened.

If the Knicks were to give you a counter off to switch Hinrich for Gordon, would you do it? From the Knicks stand point, I'd do it. The question is if whether or not the Chicago Bulls would be willing to have Kirk Hinrich as the starting SG.

well no and I wouldnt think walsh would do it either, cause it wouldnt interest either teams and here's why. your team needs a pg, and I can tell you right now as a bulls fan, gordon is no pg. he fits bulls better cause he is an ideal sixth man, but hinrich is a better starting pg, which doesnt fit our need since we got rose now, but would fit your team since as I said you still need a pg, and he's one of the top currently, realistically available in the market.
but that's just my opinion. although I would still probably do it and hope pax would deal hinrich for a sixth man like barbosa since suns also appear to have interesrt in hinrich though I dont understand why :confused:

Sports Illustrator
07-01-2008, 01:24 AM
well no and I wouldnt think walsh would do it either, cause it wouldnt interest either teams and here's why. your team needs a pg, and I can tell you right now as a bulls fan, gordon is no pg. he fits bulls better cause he is an ideal sixth man, but hinrich is a better starting pg, which doesnt fit our need since we got rose now, but would fit your team since as I said you still need a pg, and he's one of the top currently, realistically available in the market.
but that's just my opinion. although I would still probably do it and hope pax would deal hinrich for a sixth man like barbosa since suns also appear to have interesrt in hinrich though I dont understand why :confused:

Your absolutely right about the Knicks needing a PG, but I don't think Donnie Walsh would prefer Kirk Hinrich over Ben Gordon since it was reported that talks between the Bulls and Knicks were slowed down because Donnie Walsh asked the Bulls GM to replace Kirk Hinrich for Ben Gordon. I think Ben Gordon makes more of an impact than Kirk Hinrich does, and if we get Ben Gordon (which I agree, it probably won't happen), its possible to see the Knicks try trading Crawford for a PG.

I don't think Ben Gordon is a PG either, he'd either be the starting SG for us, or he'd come off the bench like he does with the Bulls.

29$JerZ
07-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Derrick Rose
Kirk Hinrich
Chris Duhon

Ben Gordon
Larry Hughes
Thabo Sefolosha

Luol Deng
Andres Nocioni

Tyrus Thomas
Cedric Simmons
Drew Gooden

Joakim Noah
Aaron Gray

I can See why you have such a Glut in both Guard Positions.
Pg You only Need Derrick Rose and Duhon as Backup. Kik ispaid starting money so he would really need to go. You can't really make him a SG since you have 3 SG's already :)

Thabo Is a good fit for Chicago, making either Ben or Larry expendable

SF I say you guys are Good as long as you resign Luol Deng, that's a talent you can' let get away.

PF you have Tyrus Thomas who is very Athletic but you have No Low Post Scoring which has been doing you guys in for a while.

Center You guys have Two nice prospects to build upon but ccan always improve in that position.

So Basically the Bulls tradin Block should be

Kirk Hinrich
Larry Hughes
Ben Gordon
Drew Gooden

If I was to make a fair deal for both teams I would propose

Zach Randolph + Malik Rose for Drew Gooden + Kirk Hinrich + Future Pick
or
Zach Randolph + Malik Rose for Drew Gooden + Chris Duhon + Larry Hughes

Cap Wise you guys are set because most of your players heTeam Options.

Either o those deals IMO is fair and would benefit both teams

Zach is an improvement over Drew and you finally have a low post scorer + guys like tyrus Thomas to back him up with athleticism and defense.

as for us we get Z-Bo off our hands because we just don't need him and fill some holes at the 1 and 2 and 4

Rhyming Rebel
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
The Rockets need a 3rd scorer. The Knicks need a PG. Heres a trade that would work for Both teams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=165~11~2834~2763&teams=10~18~18~18&te=&cash=

Why does Houston do it? They need to ease the scoring situation in Houston and a sign and trade deal for Maggette seems unlikely.

Why NY does it? Rafer is just what the Dr. ordered you also get a bulldog for dirty work should the knicks trade David Lee. Luther would be the best shooter on the team.

6deep
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
The Rockets need a 3rd scorer. The Knicks need a PG. Heres a trade that would work for Both teams.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=165~11~2834~2763&teams=10~18~18~18&te=&cash=

Why does Houston do it? They need to ease the scoring situation in Houston and a sign and trade deal for Maggette seems unlikely.

Why NY does it? Rafer is just what the Dr. ordered you also get a bulldog for dirty work should the knicks trade David Lee. Luther would be the best shooter on the team.

Throw in a 2009 1st rounder.

Rhyming Rebel
07-01-2008, 12:59 PM

Trade would fail if the knicks ask for anything extra. Knicks fill needs with this move. PG, young shooting prospect and defensive monster in Hayes, undersized but is very physical and out works any Fwd on the Knicks current roster.

Anji
07-01-2008, 01:00 PM
LOL.............

Giaps
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Horrible trade.

6deep
07-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Trade would fail if the knicks ask for anything extra. Knicks fill needs with this move. PG, young shooting prospect and defensive monster in Hayes, undersized but is very physical and out works any Fwd on the Knicks current roster.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Ye give us a 1st rounder ...

deftonesrule
07-01-2008, 02:03 PM
ummm.... no.... why give up crawford for that ? we dont have the bench space an djust no fing way

metspride21
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Horrible trade.

thanks you :clap:
I wish espn, never made this damn thing, everyday someone knows better than donnie does
I dont like the trade we have 15 men on our roster already, how would have 18 help anything?

kozelkid
07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Derrick Rose
Kirk Hinrich
Chris Duhon

Ben Gordon
Larry Hughes
Thabo Sefolosha

Luol Deng
Andres Nocioni

Tyrus Thomas
Cedric Simmons
Drew Gooden

Joakim Noah
Aaron Gray

I can See why you have such a Glut in both Guard Positions.
Pg You only Need Derrick Rose and Duhon as Backup. Kik ispaid starting money so he would really need to go. You can't really make him a SG since you have 3 SG's already :)

Thabo Is a good fit for Chicago, making either Ben or Larry expendable

SF I say you guys are Good as long as you resign Luol Deng, that's a talent you can' let get away.

PF you have Tyrus Thomas who is very Athletic but you have No Low Post Scoring which has been doing you guys in for a while.

Center You guys have Two nice prospects to build upon but ccan always improve in that position.

So Basically the Bulls tradin Block should be

Kirk Hinrich
Larry Hughes
Ben Gordon
Drew Gooden

If I was to make a fair deal for both teams I would propose

Zach Randolph + Malik Rose for Drew Gooden + Kirk Hinrich + Future Pick
or
Zach Randolph + Malik Rose for Drew Gooden + Chris Duhon + Larry Hughes

Cap Wise you guys are set because most of your players heTeam Options.

Either o those deals IMO is fair and would benefit both teams

Zach is an improvement over Drew and you finally have a low post scorer + guys like tyrus Thomas to back him up with athleticism and defense.

as for us we get Z-Bo off our hands because we just don't need him and fill some holes at the 1 and 2 and 4

I dont think pax would ever do it...
randolph is a cancer and putting him in a young team is very much a bad idea, pax knows it and is the kind of gm who will only take good character guys. not to mention we also play on running an uptempo system, something where zbo doesnt fit in and finally pax believes in tt and thinks tt will be that answer as he develops.

6deep
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Steve Blake (PG - just signed fernandez)
Channing Frye (you know why)
Pick

for

Jared Jeffries (salary dump)
David Lee (talent)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1717~2772~1994~2754&teams=22~22~18~18&te=&cash=

or Ron Artest for lee/rose

gilythekid
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
trading david lee makes no sense to me, he does all the dirty work i know there not much else the knicks have to offer but lee is the kind of role player a team needs

nolin
07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
would you guys do this trade: Bulls trade hinrich,hughes,nocioni and simmions for marbury rose and james? Knicks will probably get a 4or5 seed in the playoffs next year with this lineup.You guys would have a good bench as well.

Starting lineup Bench
kirk Hinrich nate robinson
larry Hughes jamal crawford
andres Nocioni quentin Richardson/Renaldo baldman
zach Randolph marco gellinari
eddy Curry david Lee

Hustla23
07-01-2008, 05:10 PM
would you guys do this trade: Bulls trade hinrich,hughes,nocioni and simmions for marbury rose and james? Knicks will probably get a 4or5 seed in the playoffs next year with this lineup.You guys would have a good bench as well.

Starting lineup Bench
kirk Hinrich nate robinson
larry Hughes jamal crawford
andres Nocioni quentin Richardson/Renaldo baldman
zach Randolph marco gellinari
eddy Curry david Lee

You might as well do Derrick Rose , Nocioni, Deng, and Tyrus Thomas for Marbury and Jerome James. Maybe we'll add Mardy to sweeten the deal :rolleyes:

GOODLUCKDONNIE
07-01-2008, 10:59 PM
wooooooooooo bring in bayless =D

KnickVeteran
07-01-2008, 11:00 PM
SAC and NY

Stephon Marbury for Kenny Thomas, Ron Artest, Shareef Adbur Rahim

29$JerZ
07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
SAC and NY

Stephon Marbury for Kenny Thomas, Ron Artest, Shareef Adbur Rahim

I would have said yes to this a few months ago but we have too many forwards and no Center depth or Pg Depth.

Hustla23
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
^ I'd still do it. Dunno if Sacramento would.

KnickVeteran
07-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Artest at PF lol

29$JerZ
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
^^ How about Center :)

KnickVeteran
07-01-2008, 11:26 PM
no way

KNICKSFAN
07-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Yes way lol.

KnickVeteran
07-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes way lol.

center? lol you bugging

Sports Illustrator
07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
^^ How about Center :)

People may laugh, but do you remember that time when he played Center for the Kings and he completely shutdown Eddy Curry. Supposedly, that wasn't a tough task for Ron Artest, but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Either hes that damn good of a defender, Eddy Curry sucks, Eddy Curry was tired, or all 3.

KnickVeteran
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
People may laugh, but do you remember that time when he played Center for the Kings and he completely shutdown Eddy Curry. Supposedly, that wasn't a tough task for Ron Artest, but that didn't seem to be the case at all. Either hes that damn good of a defender, Eddy Curry sucks, Eddy Curry was tired, or all 3.

That's true to, but I rather play him at PF though. Artest is a wide body. He has the strength to play center. But I think he will be better suited at PF. I don't think Donnie will go down the road again with Artest.

Sports Illustrator
07-01-2008, 11:40 PM
That's true to, but I rather play him at PF though. Artest is a wide body. He has the strength to play center. But I think he will be better suited at PF. I don't think Donnie will go down the road again with Artest.

No I wasn't saying he should be a Center either. I was just pointing out that he certainly does have the ability to defend against other Centers in the league. So whenever a Center needs to be locked down, Ron Artest will be there for you.

He certainly could be a complete Power Forward since he wouldn't have much of a problem on either end of the floor.

I also don't see Donnie Walsh making a run for him. If Isiah Thomas was still the GM, it'd be a different story.

PC
07-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Artest is one very, very, VERY, VERY, strong dude. He shouldn't really play center, but he can definitely play it if he had to. Definitely could do PF.

nascar10294
07-02-2008, 08:15 AM
How about signing Ben Gordon. He could be willing to take less money to get in the starting 5. Then shuffle Crawford to the 3 spot and Gallanari starts PF.

cheetos185
07-02-2008, 09:10 AM
How about signing Ben Gordon. He could be willing to take less money to get in the starting 5. Then shuffle Crawford to the 3 spot and Gallanari starts PF.

haha crawford at 3 :smoking:

KNICKSFAN
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
center? lol you bugging

lol I was kidding but honestly if Artest signs for 2 years then its all good.

Sports Illustrator
07-02-2008, 03:04 PM
haha crawford at 3 :smoking:

That actually works at times and it'd be more efficient under Mike D'Antoni's system, but you cannot set it up where Jamal Crawford becomes the primary Small Forward because he is not a Small Forward. He can play a few minutes a game at Small Forward (maybe 5 minutes) against the really fast teams, but anything more than that would just be crazy.

KnickVeteran
07-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Unless there's a complete overhaul of the frontline, I have no clue what system 'Antoni will run.

knicks1214
07-02-2008, 07:44 PM
It's going to be a modified version of the offense that he ran with Phoenix. If he can get rid of Zebo, and if Curry is not in good shape, it's probably going to be like the offense he ran with Shaq. If he does get in shape, like the rumors say is, then it will be more like pre Shaq in Phoenix.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
how about some minor trades?
1 mardy collins for jj reddick
2 jerome james for luke ridnour
3 malik rose for steven hunter
4 jarred jeffries for reggie evans
5 q.rich for stephen jackson

29$JerZ
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Zach for Nene + Steven Hunter
or
Zach + Jared for K-Mart + Resigned J.R
or
Zach + Malik for K-Mart + Steven Hunter + 2nd round pick

Stephon Marbury for Shaq :) (laugh at the thought)

29$JerZ
07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Quentin Richardson for Luke Ridnour

Malik for Darko + 2nd rounder

Jamal + Lee for AL Harrington + Brandon Wright :)

Hustla23
07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
^^ I like those ALOT. Gives us youth and talent. I wouldn't do the third one however. Wright's a bust.

KnickVeteran
07-02-2008, 11:33 PM

That's a great deal. In one of the ESPN insider chat rooms, one of the reporters...I think it was Hollinger said that the last time they seen Brandon Wright, he played very well.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-03-2008, 01:43 PM

Let Malik expire or contribute in a trade that will get rid of Zach.

Jamal and lee have WAY MORE VALUE THEN THESE GUYS, we can get Lee for some good players that we need like Felton and Jamal for Al and a first rounder.

Q for luke i don't mind but i highly doubt it ...

murph15
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Guys,

What ever happened to Demitrius Nichols the bigtime SCORER from syracuse. I think he would fit dantoni's system like a glove. the guy was lights out shooting and can take people off the drible much better than chandler can. i cant believe hes not on the team. Anyhow i see a couple of you guys talking about trading crawford.? why? hes the only guy that is a pure shooter on the team, he has the heart, and if it werent for him and david lee we might of went 0-82 last season....

My idea

Trade zebo and whomever else for HINRICH. this kid can really play
Call nichols up

front line of
hinrich/nate
crawford/nichols
richardson/ anyone but jeffries, heck ill play over him
lee/gallinari
eddy if we cant trade him/ and again anyone but jerome james

we cant even trade jerome james for a 2cnd round pick in 2099. no one wants a bum, thats why i think well have a problem with zbo too. guy is like the pillsburry doughboy with a bad attitude...

6deep
07-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Mike Conley's Workout:

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=&vid=507064b1-b66b-4852-ab44-17dd4d8324ee

Who else is training with him? and what about Matt Barnes?

Chris Duhon

The Knicks have reportedly made an offer, and Duhon should grab it fast — but only if Stephon Marbury is dropped by the wayside. Duhon takes care of the ball, has terrific court-awareness, is unselfish, and plays above-average defense. His perimeter shooting has always been questionable but has greatly improved as of late. Plus, the more shots he attempts (as befitting a starter) the better his accuracy will be.

If Marbury remains on the scene, however, then Duhon is advised to go elsewhere.

Matt Barnes

He can score in bunches, drop treys, and run all day. While it's true that Barnes is a mistake-player (especially on defense), he'd still find a perfect niche coming off the bench for Mike D'Antoni's newly reconstituted Knicks.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8305382

wallywhoa
07-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone Im new to this thread thing,today is my first day. I would like to start off by saying I'm excited about the the NyKnicks 08/09 season. I feel like Mike D'antoni is the perfect coach for the knicks, not only because he is quote an offensive mastermind but also for his history of developing his players all around game via workouts & coaching.That being said the players that I would want see in a knicks uniform are Monta Ellis & J.R Smith due to age,speed,and heart.And we all know we are in need for an agressive big man so I feel DW should at least find out about Brandon Bass he is a monster with grit and alot of potential.And PLEASE DO NOT TRADE LEE!And Im not to excited about Duhon for 2yrs?I rather the risk and reward of a Telfair talent 4 the 2yrs Im talking speed,breaking down defences and bringing excitement back to the MSG B-Ball floor. Does anyone agree with me?

KNICKSFAN
07-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi everyone Im new to this thread thing,today is my first day. I would like to start off by saying I'm excited about the the NyKnicks 08/09 season. I feel like Mike D'antoni is the perfect coach for the knicks, not only because he is quote an offensive mastermind but also for his history of developing his players all around game via workouts & coaching.That being said the players that I would want see in a knicks uniform are Monta Ellis & J.R Smith due to age,speed,and heart.And we all know we are in need for an agressive big man so I feel DW should at least find out about Brandon Bass he is a monster with grit and alot of potential.And PLEASE DO NOT TRADE LEE!And Im not to excited about Duhon for 2yrs?I rather the risk and reward of a Telfair talent 4 the 2yrs Im talking speed,breaking down defences and bringing excitement back to the MSG B-Ball floor. Does anyone agree with me?

Welcome to the board.

I agree with everything EXCPET that whole Telfair business. Telfair is a shooting PG and is semi-selfish. Duhon is that DEFENSIVE non-selfish/flashy PG that we needed. Hes not a franchise changer but he can get the JOB DONE.

29$JerZ
07-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Duhon is a substance over style player which we could use right about now

Now that he is ours, I wonder How we can get some defensive Bigs

wallywhoa
07-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Knicksfan your right wow! I like the the knick family that we have posting threads here already.Duhon is a team player,and D'antoni will turn him into a better player (remember Nash became a 2x league mvp under D'antoni.Only if we could trade Curry/Q-rich/& maliks expiring for Brandon Bass/Howard(aka stoner) + a 1st or 2nd round future pick if possible.We need to shed salarie and pick up draft picks at the same time.

IMissOakley
07-04-2008, 07:16 PM
this free agent cycle isn't very impressive. it's a smart idea to sit this one out for the most part and position ourselves to be competitive in the market in the next couple of years.

also, a lot depends on how gallinari progresses over the year. Does he develop into a dependable 3? Does he bulk up and play the 4? He may be a bust, but he needs a year or so to figure that out.

Based on how he does, we could have a gaping hole at either the 3 or 4 in two years, which would shape how we approach free agency in 2010.

another thing to look out for: can q rich get back to his old form now that he's back with d'antoni? The richardson-gallinary dynamic will be interesting to see play out.

KnickVeteran
07-06-2008, 01:47 AM
we can get some defensive bigs and defensive guards by getting rid of Curry, Randolph, Crawford and Nate

KnicksFan4Years
07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Ben Wallace, Varejao, Snow, 1st round pick for Zach Randolph, Rose, Collins.

Total money is about the same.

Varejao can complement Curry and Lee and fit into the up tempo system.

Wallace and snow are just fillers.

West/Gibson
Pavlovic/Jones/Collins
LBJ/Wally
Randolph/Smith/Rose
Bib Z/Dwayne Jones

We get cap space earlier. They improve their team without taking on extra money.

WntAbCEO
07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
you could "most likly" trade Curry to the cavs seeing they need a post player

Chrisstyles
07-06-2008, 06:30 PM
how about we get ron artest for jerome james and wilson chandler. the kings get to have a young prospect in chandler while rebuilding and we get a defender who likes to shoot to go along with our defensive (what i heard) point guard.

Chrisstyles
07-06-2008, 06:35 PM
PG Duhon
SG Crawford
SF Artest can switch with rooster depending on the offensive threat
PF Rooster
C Curry

Than u still have lee and jeffries who complement Artest. Get rid of Randolph and Q Rich also

ari1013
07-06-2008, 09:20 PM
how about we get ron artest for jerome james and wilson chandler. the kings get to have a young prospect in chandler while rebuilding and we get a defender who likes to shoot to go along with our defensive (what i heard) point guard.
I think we'd have a better shot at landing Artest via a Q-Balkman trade where we take on some trash contract like Kenny Thomas.

Maybe something like Q, Malik, Balkman, and Collins for Artest, Thomas, and Garcia.

They get enough cap relief to be able to sign a max player, a solid backup SF to John Salmons, and a much needed backup PG for Douby.

Or if they REALLY want cap relief:

Marbury, Balkman, Collins for Artest, Miller, and Thomas

That saves them $21M next season and still gives them those useful defensive bench pieces.

1st to 3rd
07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Nate Robinson, Jared Jeffries and Renaldo Balkman for Luke Ridinour and Johan Petro.

Ridinour and Duhon would be a decent rotation at PG until we find a franchise floor leader. Petro is very young and very raw but could immediately come in and be a shot blocker off the bench. The SuperSonics would get out of Ridnour's contract, gain a player in Jeffries who can backup both Durant and Green and play solid defense, a scoring guard off the bench in Robinson and a solid defensive role player in Balkman. I know the Sonics are not looking to add salary and Jeffries deal is a year longer and only slightly less money then Ridinour's but with Westbrook and Earl Watkins Ridinour is 3rd on the depth chart and their highest paid player.

29$JerZ
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Why Nate when they have Earl?
Jared won't work, they need a Center

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't do that. Nate is way better than Ridnour.

6deep
07-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Nate Robinson, Jared Jeffries and Renaldo Balkman for Luke Rdinour and Johan Petro.

I'd do it just to get rid of Jeffries & I'd like to get a first round pick too, but the OC Bandits probably wouldn't.

Nate > Ridnour or Petro

Gmen824
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
yeah but it would also ease up, our rotation, getting Wilson/rooster more mins. :clap: i like it. and Nate's contract is going to expire just like lee's we deff. our not gonna pay him, so mine as well ship him, then let him go on free agency.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
We Will Get Raped In That Deal..

GM930
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
The intelligence in this thread is sorely lacking. As a new member to the forum here is my trade proposal:

New York Knickerbockers acquire Shawn Marion (17.2) and Drew Gooden (7.1)
Chicago Bulls acquire Zach Randolph (14.7, 16.0, 17.3)
Miami Heat acquire Kirk Hinrich (10.0, 9.5, 9.0, 8.0), Quentin Richardson (8.8, 9.4), and David Lee (1.8)

The trade is designed to benefit each team with an approximate 85% similarity in salary transactions. From previous sources the Chicago Bulls would welcome the trade and the Miami Heat would acquire the much needed point guard in addition to a shooting guard/small forward to add depth to the roster and a young power forward complementing michael beasley and Udonis Haslem. The New York Knicks remove several unfriendly contracts from the salary cap and maintain competitive in 2008 and 2010. In addition, Shawn Marion and Drew Gooden complement the offensively minded Eddy Curry and Danilo Gallinari. The removal of Quentin Richardson would increase the potential playing time specifically for Wilson Chandler. Donnie Walsh would be significantly below the salary cap in 2009 and in position to resign Shawn Marion for approximately $12.0M, resign Jamal Crawford (assuming he opts-out following the 2008 season) for approximately $12.0-14.0M, and still possess enough cap space to attain good assets to lure superstar calibar professionals. The signings would not negatively impact the 2010 'Plan.'

rounders
07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
The intelligence in this thread is sorely lacking. As a new member to the forum here is my trade proposal:

Miami Heat acquire Kirk Hinrich (10.0, 9.5, 9.0, 8.0), Quentin Richardson (8.8, 9.4), and David Lee (1.8)

The trade is designed to benefit each team with an approximate 85% similarity in salary transactions. From previous sources the Chicago Bulls would welcome the trade and the Miami Heat would acquire the much needed point guard in addition to a shooting guard/small forward to add depth to the roster and a young power forward complementing michael beasley and Udonis Haslem. The New York Knicks remove several unfriendly contracts from the salary cap and maintain competitive in 2008 and 2010. In addition, Shawn Marion and Drew Gooden complement the offensively minded Eddy Curry and Danilo Gallinari. The removal of Quentin Richardson would increase the potential playing time specifically for Wilson Chandler. Donnie Walsh would be significantly below the salary cap in 2009 and in position to resign Shawn Marion for approximately $12.0M, resign Jamal Crawford (assuming he opts-out following the 2008 season) for approximately $12.0-14.0M, and still possess enough cap space to attain good assets to lure superstar calibar professionals. The signings would not negatively impact the 2010 'Plan.'

Nice idea...won't happen.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 04:30 PM
not bad....... i wish that was the case.

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Wow. Welcome to the forums. That's one of the better trade proposals I've seen.

mhwaldm
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM

I like the idea. Obviously marion wood fit the offense perfectly, plus he wood bring improved defense.

Of course gooden makes this trade work in terms of the money, but if given the choice id prefer lee to gooden. I think hes a good player and a solid pf, and he has more offensive ability than lee, especially in terms of shooting. However he shoots at a far lower perecentage than lee (44% vs 56%), and despite his abilities he only scores approx 13 points in 30 minutes per game (vs Lee's 11 points in 29 min). The two are comprable in terms of rebounding, both are good offensive rebounders. Gooden prob has a slight nod on the defensive end. the main reason i prefer lee are:
1. hes younger
2. he will prob demand less money if we decide to resign him
3. he shoots at a higher percentage but demands the ball far less, which keeps the ball in the hands of our true scorers

mhwaldm
07-08-2008, 04:58 PM
althou in dantoni's system, goodens scoring numbers might improve dramatically, so who really knows

roger325
07-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Just my second post on here and still getting use to things. I would try two trades. The first, everyone knows cleveland has to do something to get lebron some help or they might just lose him. I know we want him but I just don't feel right pulling all our eggs in one basket. Plus their is so many good free agents that year.

Quentin Richardson
Salary: $8,685,500 Years Remaining: 2
Jared Jeffries
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3
Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
Jamal Crawford
Salary: $8,640,000 Years Remaining: 3

to cleveland for

Ben Wallace
Salary: $14,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
Wally Szczerbiak
Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1.

The second one depends on what Elton Brand does. If he leaves that will open a huge gap down in the paint for the Clippers.

Zach Randolph
Salary: $14,666,667 Years Remaining: 3
Renaldo Balkman
Salary: $1,369,920 Years Remaining: 1
to the clippers for

Cuttino Mobley
Salary: $8,925,000 Years Remaining: 2
Tim Thomas
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 2

Stephon Marbury/Chris Duhon/Nate Robinson
Cuttino Mobley/Nate Robinson/Wally Szczerbiak/Mardy Collins
Danilo Gallinari/Wilson Chandler
David Lee/Tim Thomas
Eddy Curry/Ben Wallace.

This will work for the 2010 plan, and I think give us a better team that will fit this new system. Plus i think we could resign david lee under this plan.

BleedPurple
07-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Would any Knick fans want LO back home???????

This trade worked in ESPNs trade machine

New York gets

Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Vlad Radmonovic

Lakers get
Q Richardson
N Robinson
E Curry
D Lee

I know that you guys are big on Lee and its no wonder why. I remember how pumped Knick fans were when Marbury came home.So does LO get the love also??? I think it works for both teams , I think LO would be great in NY, what do you guys think???

Giaps
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM
No offense, but there's not a chance in hell. Very lopsided.

Barnaby8787
07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Lol no...odom's solid, but farmar is useless and radmonovic can only hit three's....he doesn't play bball otherwise...

BleedPurple
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
No offense, but there's not a chance in hell. Very lopsided.

Yeah it looks very one sided I agree. But things arent working out in NY with these guys,so I thought Id give it a shot.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
You have Pau and Bynum so why would you need Eddy. Keeping Ronny over lee would be better for you guys (I watch Laker games all the time)
I would say no to this trade because we can get what we NEED with Dlee and I don't want Rods contract (past 2010 right?), Farmer and LO(expiring :D) are interesting but losing Eddy curry would meen no center ... so i have to say no to this trade.

HOZ THE KNICK
hell no! odom and bynum now your talking......

you guys around the league keep forgetting isiah dosen't run the show here anymore...

GiantYankKnicks
Yea Right......No Freakin Way

Giaps
07-08-2008, 07:10 PM
We're in no rush to win now so the trade doesn't make much sense. And this is a little redundant:

Bynum, Curry
Gasol, Lee

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
how about this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2997~990~1717~2772~703~3002~32 51~617~1016&teams=13~13~13~13~13~18~18~18~18&te=&cash=

and give us ronny in the S&T with it, we'll add Balk if you want.

Barnaby8787
07-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Just my second post on here and still getting use to things. I would try two trades. The first, everyone knows cleveland has to do something to get lebron some help or they might just lose him. I know we want him but I just don't feel right pulling all our eggs in one basket. Plus their is so many good free agents that year.

Quentin Richardson
Jared Jeffries
Malik Rose
Jamal Crawford

to cleveland for

Ben Wallace
Wally Szczerbiak

The second one depends on what Elton Brand does. If he leaves that will open a huge gap down in the paint for the Clippers.

Zach Randolph
Renaldo Balkman
to the clippers for

Cuttino Mobley
Tim Thomas

David Lee/Tim Thomas
Eddy Curry/Ben Wallace.

This will work for the 2010 plan, and I think give us a better team that will fit this new system. Plus i think we could resign david lee under this plan.
That's not worth it at all. Q-Rich is arguably our best defender for one, but we seriously need crawford. He's the only person on the team that scores consistently and will thrive in D'antoni's system, which ben wallace, doesn't fit at all by the way. And we don't need cuttino mobley if we were to keep Crawford. It's overkill. But I would love to get rid of Jeffries because he's basically useless and thank god malik's contract is up next year.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM

New York gets

Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Vlad Radmonovic

Lakers get
Q Richardson
N Robinson
E Curry
D Lee

I know that you guys are big on Lee and its no wonder why. I remember how pumped Knick fans were when Marbury came home.So does LO get the love also??? I think it works for both teams , I think LO would be great in NY, what do you guys think???
i have a trade for you kobe for crawford and jeffries.... do you like that? i didn't think so when you come on our thread propose something that make's sense instead of garbage.

Barnaby8787
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Lol...w/ the exception of kobe, bynum, and gasol, everybody (or almost everybody) is useless to us...and that's saying something because we're the knicks

Giaps
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Lol...w/ the exception of kobe, bynum, and gasol, everybody (or almost everybody) is useless to us...and that's saying something because we're the knicks
I'd love a guy like Turiaf. He is another energy guy, a good teammate and he blocks a lot of shots.

BleedPurple
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
i have a trade for you kobe for crawford and jeffries.... do you like that? i didn't think so when you come on our thread propose something that make's sense instead of garbage.

Ok Kobe for Crawford. Do you feel better now. Your acting like this is serious. How about Bynum Gasol Kobe and Lamar for you 4 highest payed players and we will throw in Turiaf and a few 1st rounders. There, does that make your period go away.:cry:

Barnaby8787
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I'd love a guy like Turiaf. He is another energy guy, a good teammate and he blocks a lot of shots.but we have too many role players as it is...

BleedPurple
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
how about this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2997~990~1717~2772~703~3002~32 51~617~1016&teams=13~13~13~13~13~18~18~18~18&te=&cash=

and give us ronny in the S&T with it, we'll add Balk if you want.

Whoa I cant believe that someone would actually accept that trade. I was just bored messing around on the trade machine. Not even Isiah would make that trade but thanks for your input bro. I hope the Knicks can get out of their funk next season, I live upstate and get to watch them alot.

SAVETHEKNICKS1
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM

New York gets

Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Vlad Radmonovic

Lakers get
Q Richardson
N Robinson
E Curry
D Lee

:moon:

BleedPurple
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Whats funny is I posted this in the Lakers forum and people are like "we dont want that garbage" and "we can get so much better for LO and Farmar". I guess fans will be fans either way. I thought this was a one sided trade all the way.

embark
07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
That's a great trade.. EVERYBODY gets better too. A+ seriously. (david Lee and Zack for basically matrix and gooden)

Personally, I'd love to pull off Steph for Al Harrington.

Im not sure how the CBA works re: salary lengths.. Because if the measure is total worth of deal (steph 21 over 1, Al 19 over 2) this works. We remain open for the Bron Sweepstakes, they get a starting pg (who seems to like California ?) we gain a starting 3, and we get value for steph. Id like to see Al in the D'Antoni offense too.

AND PS: anything I can do NOT to have Mr Fugazzi and Bum Wallace on my team, im willing to do.. that trade is horrible.

mhwaldm
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM

Quentin Richardson
Jared Jeffries
Malik Rose
Jamal Crawford

to cleveland for

Ben Wallace
Wally Szczerbiak

Zach Randolph
Renaldo Balkman
to the clippers for

Cuttino Mobley
Tim Thomas

David Lee/Tim Thomas
Eddy Curry/Ben Wallace.

Why?!? Thats the only thing that comes to mind...why? What do we have to gain from this trade. Ben Wallace is old as **** and only getting worse. The only reason id consider getting szcerbiak is for his expiring contract and to get rid of jeffries contract. Why on earth would we want tim thomas back? Hes old, cant play defense, and we already have plenty small forwards. Mobley can shoot but thats all he can do. I cant see him succeeding in a fast break type offense. He doesnt have the quickness or the handle.

I can appreciate ur attempt to clear up cap space in the lineup but i woodnt give players away for free, and thats pretty much what this is. Szcerbiak for crawford + fillers is def something id consider tho. Szcerbiak is a good shooter thats not nearly as streaky as crawford, plus that would open up some serious cap space.

KnickVeteran
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
j

SAVETHEKNICKS1
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Whats funny is I posted this in the Lakers forum and people are like "we dont want that garbage" and "we can get so much better for LO and Farmar". I guess fans will be fans either way. I thought this was a one sided trade all the way.

I hear ya. Just breaking your b***s. I grew up playing against Lamar so Im a big fan but that trade is def lopsided. Heres why, Q and Curry may not be very good but they arent really killing us salary wise either. Lee and Nate are actually asssets bc theyre young talent and theyre cheap. We can get more for those two if we packaged them together or dealt them seperatley. Zach Jeffries and James are the 3 guys we want to make dissapear.

lionheartc
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
that trade is horrible if we can't include zack anf jared jeferies instead of lee and eddy

GOODLUCKDONNIE
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
HAHAHAHAHA no

THE MTL
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
This trade is bad. Lamar Odom is crap. The only reason he is even decent in LAL is because he is a fourth option. He is free to play because no one is worried about him cause KObe, Gasol, and Bynum are much bigger threats.
Odom sucks. That trade is rape.

deftonesrule
07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
that trade is the most ******** trade ive ever seen in my life

SAVETHEKNICKS1
07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
This trade is bad. Lamar Odom is crap. The only reason he is even decent in LAL is because he is a fourth option. He is free to play because no one is worried about him cause KObe, Gasol, and Bynum are much bigger threats.
Odom sucks. That trade is rape.

LOL I dont know what player youve been watching for the past 10 years but Lamar aint crap dude. 6'10" forwards with pg skills are very rare. Now he is not a star or a #1 option by any stretch and hes not a guy I would look to add to the Knicks. And if i did it wouldnt be threw an awful deal like that one. Radmanovic and Farmar are doo doo

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow talk about a horrible trade lol.

I'd do Gasol + Odom for Eddy + Lee + Balkman

That's not lopsided at all :eyebrow:

Knicks35
07-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I think this trade equals the same as that:

Knicks Get:
Kobe
Bynum
Jordan
and your firts round pick 2009

Lakers Get:
Mardy Collins (UNBELIEVABLE floor general only like 10 urnovers per game)
Jerome James (runs the floor well also he could run the lakers system)

That gives the lakers and easy sweep of the celtices

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I think this trade equals the same as that:

Knicks Get:
Kobe
Bynum
Jordan
and your firts round pick 2009

Lakers Get:
Mardy Collins (UNBELIEVABLE floor general only like 10 urnovers per game)
Jerome James (runs the floor well also he could run the lakers system)

That gives the lakers and easy sweep of the celtices

LMAO . joker

THE MTL
07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
LOL I dont know what player youve been watching for the past 10 years but Lamar aint crap dude. 6'10" forwards with pg skills are very rare. Now he is not a star or a #1 option by any stretch and hes not a guy I would look to add to the Knicks. And if i did it wouldnt be threw an awful deal like that one. Radmanovic and Farmar are doo doo

Lamar Odom sucks as a 2nd option too. He only has those PG skills because aint nobody worried about him cause too much focus is on Gasol/Bryant.

knickpackerreds
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
did someone really write we are in no hurry to win!! what a joke, o yea were are waiting for 2010 and then if we dont get lj, cb or dw what then, hope the free agent crop is good in 2012. here's an idea. how bout we actually stop giving up top draft picks for has beens or malcontents and then pay them way more than they are worth. are management for 10 plus years has been like a bad stock picker, when a stock is at the top we buy, only to see it drop after we own it and wonder we we are left with a worthless comodity!!!! lets, for once look to the future and make this team better NOW and if in the next year or two we can actually get lj, cb or dw fine. and one more thing can we stop trying to trade dlee to any and everyone. we have two guys on our roster the will play team ball and dont need to be treated like babies or they will cry in lee and balkman and all we knicks fan want to do is get ride of lee as quick as we can and i ask for what, another overpaid has been with a bloated contract that care only about him own stats and money. PLEASE STOP

SAVETHEKNICKS1
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Lamar Odom sucks as a 2nd option too. He only has those PG skills because aint nobody worried about him cause too much focus is on Gasol/Bryant.

He only has those pg skills bc nobody is worried about him? :confused: That makes no sense whatsoever.

KnicksorBust
07-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Lamar is the best player in the trade so Knicks fans need to cool their jets.

SAVETHEKNICKS1
07-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Lamar is the best player in the trade so Knicks fans need to cool their jets.

No doubt, but as a whole this trade doesnt make us a better team and certainly doesnt help us for the future.

MSG34
07-08-2008, 11:12 PM
no way that trade is terrible