06-26-2008, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSIxXS2LS-4

Beware! Of Toronto's Twin Towers.

innovator
06-26-2008, 11:45 PM
oh i thought u were going to talk about bynum and gasol when i read the title

Silver.
06-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Bosh/O'neal is a better combo then Gasol/Bynum In my opinion.

Ragun
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM

When healthy yes. But Bynum has a long way to get back anyway now.

innovator
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM
ok i respect that since thats ur opinion

Iodine
06-26-2008, 11:50 PM

LMFAO

You guys are really overrating JO

Ragun
06-26-2008, 11:51 PM
LMFAO

6 time all-star? Franchis player of the pacers? yes he is injury prone but Raptors are taking a careful approach. Tell me what other frontcourt duo touches these 2 when healthy?

ink
06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
With all due respect, I really don't like threads like this. I guess I'm superstitious, but I remember the "star is born" thread about Bargnani after the 2nd or 3rd game of the season and what happened afterwards. I don't like to jinx things. And besides, can't we think of another name for them than "the twin towers"? Especially after what happened to the Twin Towers.

How bout we let them play at least half a successful season together before we start with the big labels. Then I'll be happy to call them anything anyone wants. lol.

xMattx
06-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I agree with Ragon on this one. JO and Bosh are both big but they quick for their size too

Ragun
06-26-2008, 11:56 PM
With all due respect, I really don't like threads like this. I guess I'm superstitious, but I remember the "star is born" thread about Bargnani after the 2nd or 3rd game of the season and what happened afterwards. I don't like to jinx things. And besides, can't we think of another name for them than "the twin towers"? Especially after what happened to the Twin Towers.

How bout we let them play at least half a successful season together before we start with the big labels. Then I'll be happy to call them anything anyone wants. lol.
I agree about the Twin Towers part but this is to get people pumped! Make us look cool. :) Most exciting that has ever happened to us.

greg_ory_2005
06-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Nice vid. I'm soo excited, can't wait for the season to start!!

SC1211
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Oh c'mon. The Twin Towers has been a basketball term since the Rockets put Olajuwon and Sampson on the floor together. Let's not overanalyze words.

_Supreme_
06-27-2008, 12:03 AM
LMFAO

Yes, Imo JO is one injury away from having to retire. It already looked that way last season, so I wouldn't be surprised if he only plays half the season and is gone the season after next.

ink
06-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh c'mon. The Twin Towers has been a basketball term since the Rockets put Olajuwon and Sampson on the floor together. Let's not overanalyze words.

Well the only Twin Towers that deserves to be called Twin Towers are the Rockets duo you mentioned and the Spurs tandem of Robinson and Duncan. Let JO and Bosh earn it first.

Ragun
06-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Well the only Twin Towers that deserves to be called Twin Towers are the Rockets duo you mentioned and the Spurs tandem of Robinson and Duncan. Let them earn it first.

How about the Big 3? They didnt even play together but they were called the Big 3. Its all about the hype baby, its all about the hype.

ink
06-27-2008, 12:07 AM
How about the Big 3? They didnt even play together but they were called the Big 3. Its all about the hype baby, its all about the hype.

Thanks for bringing that example up. :p Ray Allen just finished asking people to STOP calling them the Big 3. ;)

Corey
06-27-2008, 12:08 AM

Yea, and look what happened with the big 3...

LeonFSU
06-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Shaq and Amare are a better combo. And yes I am talking about both offense and defense. And yes I am talking about Shaq as of right now.

Lost Art
06-27-2008, 12:16 AM

I really don't think so. Gasol = Bosh and Bynum is better than JO at this point............and will be MUCH better than JO in the future. I don't know about you, but I don't like my 7 footers shooting in the low 40% range.

Lost Art
06-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Shaq and Amare are a better combo. And yes I am talking about both offense and defense. And yes I am talking about Shaq as of right now.

I agree. I'd say it goes like this:

1. Gasol + Bynum
2. Shaq + Amare
3. Bosh + JO

ThE ShOw
06-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Why are we even talking about this. JO has to play more than 65 games for this trade to be a sucess, and they are both PF's. JO is Done and is nowhere close to Bynum. Both Bynum and Gasol are Better than JO and they both might be better than Bosh.

lakers4sho
06-27-2008, 12:26 AM

1. Gasol + Bynum
2. Shaq + Amare
3. Bosh + JO

30. Milicic + Brown :D:D:D

1-800-STFU
06-27-2008, 12:28 AM
When you consider one of the towers is run down and broke half the time. I guess you could consider them twin towers.

J Oneal does have some nice suits though. He looks good sitting on the bench in them

_Supreme_
06-27-2008, 12:45 AM
To be honest, Bynum hasn't done anything yet to call him better than a healthy JO, especially in the scoring department. For all we know he could be just as injury prone as JO is for the rest of his career. At some point during next season maybe we can start talking about that, but it is way too soon now.

Right now I definitely wouldn't consider him (or Gasol) better than Bosh, by no means.

I can understand why Toronto takes this risk with Calderon making Ford available, but I think JO is very close to being done, and he will not bring Toronto anywhere near the promised land.

ThE ShOw
06-27-2008, 12:51 AM
To be honest, Bynum hasn't done anything yet to call him better than a healthy JO, especially in the scoring department. For all we know he could be just as injury prone as JO is for the rest of his career. At some point during next season maybe we can start talking about that, but it is way too soon now.

Right now I definitely wouldn't consider him (or Gasol) better than Bosh, by no means.

I can understand why Toronto takes this risk with Calderon making Ford available, but I think JO is very close to being done, and he will not bring Toronto anywhere near the promised land.

Bynum and JO both Got hurt last year. Bynum had better numbers and was more of a force on D. Bynum is a stud, people that don't like the Lakers try to talk him down, but all of you will soon see that he is the real deal and has a better offensive game than D howard. Say what you want but you guys will see nex year. Dude has some post moves and a soft touch.

lamar2006
06-27-2008, 12:54 AM
the only 2 towers the nba has to worry about is Bynum and Gasol.

_Supreme_
06-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Bynum and JO both Got hurt last year. Bynum had better numbers and was more of a force on D. Bynum is a stud, people that don't like the Lakers try to talk him down, but all of you will soon see that he is the real deal and has a better offensive game than D howard. Say what you want but you guys will see nex year. Dude has some post moves and a soft touch.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Laker fans hugely overrate all of their players in general, and the same is happening with Bynum. He did very well before he got injured last season, but to be calling him one of the best in the league is a little premature.

Like I said, Bynum hasn't done anything yet to be considered better than a healthy JO, and this is a simple fact. Let him average 20/10 and 2.5 blocks for a whole season first (JO's numbers when healthy)

Can he in the future? Sure. Maybe. It's up to him to prove it, but he hasn't done it yet. The Lakers aren't even offering him a contract extention untill they see how he recovered from injury during training camp, so it doesn't look they are all that sure about his health.

And to be comparing him to Dwight Howard right now, I don't think so.

Add to this the fact that Gasol is also injury prone, just like JO, so all of these twin towers can come crumbling down at any time.

Silver.
06-27-2008, 01:06 AM
No one even knows how Bynum will return from the injury,Bosh is Far better then Gasol and hasn't reached his prime yet,and JO averaged as many points as Bynum,but Jo did it with 1 leg all season

SC1211
06-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Jesus. Bynum has gone from the most underrated to the most overrated (by a mile) player in a year.

innovator
06-27-2008, 01:19 AM

im not telling this to you just wanna use what u said...

also to be honest derick rose hasn't done anything yet to call him better than smush parker :D

pmmr2113
06-27-2008, 01:19 AM
i'm willing to bet that bynum will outproduce your boy JO next season

innovator
06-27-2008, 01:22 AM
I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Laker fans hugely overrate all of their players in general, and the same is happening with Bynum. He did very well before he got injured last season, but to be calling him one of the best in the league is a little premature.

Like I said, Bynum hasn't done anything yet to be considered better than a healthy JO, and this is a simple fact. Let him average 20/10 and 2.5 blocks for a whole season first (JO's numbers when healthy)

Can he in the future? Sure. Maybe. It's up to him to prove it, but he hasn't done it yet. The Lakers aren't even offering him a contract extention untill they see how he recovered from injury during training camp, so it doesn't look they are all that sure about his health.

And to be comparing him to Dwight Howard right now, I don't think so.

Add to this the fact that Gasol is also injury prone, just like JO, so all of these twin towers can come crumbling down at any time.

you do know that bynum will be playing behind kobe bryant dont you? and JO played behind no one, which means it is harder for bynum to accomplish those stats while playing for the lakers.... if bynum was in JO's position when JO got 20/10 then bynum would have done that too..

nbafan244
06-27-2008, 01:23 AM
how about oden and aldridge, they will be way better then bosh and jermaine will ever be

Spurred1
06-27-2008, 01:29 AM
how about oden and aldridge, they will be way better then bosh and jermaine will ever be
I'd wait to see Oden play before making any predictions. God knows how he's recovered from the knee surgery.

LA_Raiders
06-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Gasol 7'0"/Bynum 7'0" Thats the Twin Towers....plus a small sky scraper in Odom 6'10"

prash
06-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Bosh > Gasol
J'O > Bynum

Shaq and Amare might be a better combo, but as of now the raps have the best front court in the East and its possible that they could come together to be the best in the league once the season gets under way... only time will tell.

BigDaddyKaine
06-27-2008, 01:32 AM
6 time all-star? Franchis player of the pacers? yes he is injury prone but Raptors are taking a careful approach. Tell me what other frontcourt duo touches these 2 when healthy?

Frontcourt is C,PF,and SF not just C,PF

Boston is far better Perkins, KG, and Pierce and i hate the Celtics

BrizzleBear
06-27-2008, 01:33 AM

Yea hope they will be, But right now JO and Bosh are the better tandem.

BigDaddyKaine
06-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Gasol 7'0"/Bynum 7'0" Thats the Twin Towers....plus a small sky scraper in O'dom 610"

LOL

*Superman*
06-27-2008, 01:34 AM
its funny how u got the jersey on JO.lol

Halladay
06-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Wow...alot of people trying to crush Raptors fans hopes and dreams. Lets wait and see them play first and see If J.O is healthy. If O'neal is healthy(and they're saying his knee looks fine) I'd say The Raps have the best PF/C combo in the East which automatically means they can compete with anyone in the East including Boston and Detroit although, there's a long way to go in this offseason and any team could make a big move. I also think it's wishful thinking that Bynum is this beast, I like Bynum, I think he's going to be a great player but He didn't even put up those numbers for an entire season, until he does it consistently, there's no way I'd say him and Gasol are better then Bosh and J.O based on past experience.

Squad13
06-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Bosh is better then Gasol, but I would take Bynum over Oneil everyday of the week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9efsJwJxYEk&feature=related

The kid is a scary combination of speed(for his size), soft touch, great hands, good rebounder, good defender. He is also 20 years old..... He would have been without a doubt the 1st pick in the draft...... Added to a team that went to the Finals..... with the best player in the game...... I love our future and present:clap:

innovator
06-27-2008, 02:28 AM
lol raptor fans now loves JO since he is now a raptor, but before the trade they would have thought of the same thing that JO sucks

ARMIN12NBA
06-27-2008, 02:32 AM
To be Twin Towers, you have to be TOWERS!!! Both of these Toronto guys don't reach 7 feet (JO- 6 feet 11, CB- 6 feet 10). That is why they are not Twin Towers. They are just a very good frontcourt. The only team with a literal and actual TWIN TOWER action is the Lakers win the 7 feet 1- Pau Gasol and 7 feet- Andrew Bynum (had a 25 point/17 rebound/3 block game before injury). Now those are TWIN TOWERS.

BigDaddyKaine
06-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Bosh is better then Gasol, but I would take Bynum over Oneil everyday of the week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9efsJwJxYEk&feature=related

The kid is a scary combination of speed(for his size), soft touch, great hands, good rebounder, good defender. He is also 20 years old..... He would have been without a doubt the 1st pick in the draft...... Added to a team that went to the Finals..... with the best player in the game...... I love our future and present:clap:

Bosh is a beast

JO is a kitten - when healthy he is a cat

LakerzDQ
06-27-2008, 03:10 AM
I like Bosh-JO. if JO maintains his health, he can still play really well. He's only 29. I predict if he's healthy, he can average something like 17 points 9 rebounds.
and bosh will keep improving, especially since it's his contract year, and he'll average something like 24 points and 10 rebounds.

I look forward to seeing them play.

but for now, Shaq-Amare is quite a dominant frontcourt. Shaq clearing the paint with his muscle, while Amare keeps scoring.

MTar786
06-27-2008, 04:35 AM
oh n i dont care whos better between bynum,gasol or bosh oneal. the lakers are the better team. thats whats more important to me

MTar786
06-27-2008, 04:37 AM
true. shaq amare is prob the best big men combo imo/ n there's no way i think bosh will get 24 10. did he even do that last year? n now since oneal will be using up some of his shots and taking some rebounds i see bosh as more of a 21.5-9.5 guy

Leftcoast_yg
06-27-2008, 04:50 AM
When healthy yes. But Bynum has a long way to get back anyway now.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: i guess u didnt see bynum working o'neal here's the video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qoRS_gZTvNg&feature=related where u at J.O. plus not to mention 26pts 14reb 4blk 3ast vs pacers

Leftcoast_yg
06-27-2008, 04:53 AM
I like Bosh-JO. if JO maintains his health, he can still play really well. He's only 29. I predict if he's healthy, he can average something like 17 points 9 rebounds.
and bosh will keep improving, especially since it's his contract year, and he'll average something like 24 points and 10 rebounds.

I look forward to seeing them play.

but for now, Shaq-Amare is quite a dominant frontcourt. Shaq clearing the paint with his muscle, while Amare keeps scoring.
you mean his fat, dominant in the 1st round exit vs tim duncan oberto(twin towers) very dominant:confused: plus 9pts 6reb avg for snaq:D

Leftcoast_yg
06-27-2008, 04:57 AM
the only 2 towers the nba has to worry about is Bynum and Gasol.
yup thats why suns brought in shaq remember to guard bynum and duncan look at the interview with steve kerr he simply says that, go to youtube

Leftcoast_yg
06-27-2008, 05:06 AM
but i aint hating on the bosh J.O. combo not really twin towers or else you could call lamar and gasol twin towers and gasol is 7ft legit odom and bosh are the same size, but i wish the raptors well looking forward to that combo they are gonna be pretty sick if j.o. is healthy than they will be pretty good uptempo team which will allow calderon to even get more assist before you know it he's gonna be the next steve nash actually he is like nash except nash is overated

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 08:50 AM

I think Robinson and Duncan were the last to use twin towers actually.

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 08:51 AM
I'd wait to see Oden play before making any predictions. God knows how he's recovered from the knee surgery.

hahah exactly, heas not even played a game yet.... people jump the gun way to often.

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
I really don't think so. Gasol = Bosh and Bynum is better than JO at this point............and will be MUCH better than JO in the future. I don't know about you, but I don't like my 7 footers shooting in the low 40% range.

haha Gasol is not anywhere near Bosh's talent. Bosh is only 24 and will continue to get better, Gasol has reach his potential. Go to the nba comparrison player thread and take a look at who people think is better, Gasol or Bosh. Bosh hands down.

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 08:54 AM

JO is a better defender when healthy. bynum still has a lot to learn on the defensive end, its not just aboit going for the blocks.

Bob_at_york
06-27-2008, 11:00 AM
true. shaq amare is prob the best big men combo imo/ n there's no way i think bosh will get 24 10. did he even do that last year? n now since oneal will be using up some of his shots and taking some rebounds i see bosh as more of a 21.5-9.5 guy

I think Bosh can average double-digit rebounds next season because now he won't be forced to play center as much as the past. He would have to body up the other team's best big man and try to keep him off the boards. Now JO will do that and Bosh will be freed up to go after the ball more. His blocked shots might go up because of this too. Still nothing special but a bit.

SaimoNETS
06-27-2008, 11:26 AM
i thot u wer talking bout The Lopez Twins

BlondeBomber41
06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
They should put some clips of Jermaine O'Neal in a suit on the bench if they want to make these things more realistic.

Faneik
06-27-2008, 11:44 AM

AH AH AH !

You wish!

Bosh is already better than Gasol and is 4 years younger.

MTar786
06-27-2008, 12:04 PM
im a laker guy and il even admit.. saying gasol is better than bosh is like saying lebron is better than kobe.. not even true at all

Mallpha
06-27-2008, 12:04 PM
O'Neal might be perfect fit for Bosh if i remamber right Bosh wanted his team mates to take some weight of his shoulders and i dont think O'Neal will hesitate to do that.

Btw wanted to ask that for i while does any body else think Bosh looks like alpaca?

Brian Webstar
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Hakeem & Sampson, David Robinson and Tim Duncan, Pau and Bynum ALL are 7ft plus. Neither Jermaine nor Bosh is a TRUE 7ft. No twin towers, Twin Power Fowards. I like them both but they can't be called towers. Really Bosh looks like a younger version of Oneal but I like Bosh's Atletisim more, but their no towers in toronto. sorry. but a great pick up and Raptor fans have alot to look forward to. go get the big 3 raptors!!

roughgarden
06-27-2008, 12:37 PM
gasol is weak inside we saw that in the boston series when kg proved how soft he really was

Halladay
06-27-2008, 12:37 PM
im a laker guy and il even admit.. saying gasol is better than bosh is like saying lebron is better than kobe.. not even true at all

That right there^^ is why people can't take certain Laker fans seriously.

Brian Webstar
06-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Bynum would be a huge differance for Pau in this finals. They would be more focused on him. It's like when the Lakers traded for Pau, Odom started to preform at another level. We put Bynum in that lineup Pau will have more open looks, life on the court will be easier for him. He didn't have the greatest of finals but he wasn't as bad as people make out to be. Lakers kept getting away. He will be great @ the 4 spot. and Bynum is the Banger that the Lakers lacked. No way does the Celtics outrebound us with Bynum Pau and Odom out there.
It's a finese frontcourt withougt Bynum but still took the West by storm. With Bynum the most talented and argulably the BEST frontcourt in the NBA.

Before the Pau trade Lakers where the 2nd youngest team in the League.
Celtics only captialized on the one year the Lakers couldn't.
Laker Dynasty is coming..

Even after the JO trade everybody is still calling the raptors the 3rd best team in the East. You gotta win something before peole will listen to you Raptor fans.

Ragun
06-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks for bringing that example up. :p Ray Allen just finished asking people to STOP calling them the Big 3. ;)
Yeah but before the season started...

Yea, and look what happened with the big 3...

Exactly, you never know what will happen.

Ragun
06-27-2008, 12:55 PM

Ew Bosh>Gasol. Bynum played like 20 games and now he is like a superstar. He has a long way to get back. JO>Bynum.

baller1069
06-27-2008, 12:55 PM
This Raptors team could be good.

If Calderon gets a bit better over the summer and plays the way he did over large stretches last year he is a top point guard.

Bosh and O'neal are obviously solid.

Anothony Parker is a good starter - plays solid defense, executes well and shoots a high percentage when plays are run for him, but cannot really penetrate at all.

Moon - solid defender, not much there offensively...
If Moon can work on his came a lot this summer and actually be able to penetrate a bit and work on that hideous jumper - he could be a legit 3.

Bench:

Bargs - We have already discounted, most have written him off but I look for him to come off the bench and score 14+/game and show people that he is capable of being a good pro. He has so many unique tools and his game just needs a bit of work and time.

Kapono: If he can play the way he did in the playoffs, look out. But still, a complete defensive liability and was torched in the playoffs.

Humphries: I'm just not sure what to expect from him. Look for him to start the season playing 20 min/game and how he plays will dictate his minutes for the rest of the season. Same will give him a bunch of opportunities at the start of the year. If he works hard in the summer and gets on the court and doesn't try to do too much offensively, he might be able to log 20 min/game for the whole season and fill a big need for the raps.

Needs: back up PG, back up Big Man, and somehow a decent swingman.
Need to pick up a back up PG and Big man.

Halladay
06-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Bynum would be a huge differance for Pau in this finals. They would be more focused on him. It's like when the Lakers traded for Pau, Odom started to preform at another level. We put Bynum in that lineup Pau will have more open looks, life on the court will be easier for him. He didn't have the greatest of finals but he wasn't as bad as people make out to be. Lakers kept getting away. He will be great @ the 4 spot. and Bynum is the Banger that the Lakers lacked. No way does the Celtics outrebound us with Bynum Pau and Odom out there.
It's a finese frontcourt withougt Bynum but still took the West by storm. With Bynum the most talented and argulably the BEST frontcourt in the NBA.

Before the Pau trade Lakers where the 2nd youngest team in the League.
Celtics only captialized on the one year the Lakers couldn't.
Laker Dynasty is coming..

Even after the JO trade everybody is still calling the raptors the 3rd best team in the East. You gotta win something before peole will listen to you Raptor fans.

Congratulations: You win the award for the biggest Homer on PSD.

Brian Webstar
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM
is the really the best you got?

Brian Webstar
06-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Pierce wouldn't have gotten to the hole like he did with Bynum and Pau in there. Sure Pau is soft, but he's solid, and you can't call JO one of Indiana's franchise player. Reggie Miller was, JO never won anything there and you don't trade "franchise players" It's like calling Pau a franchise Player.. Im not saying Pau is better then JO by any means, but it's the same idea.

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Pierce wouldn't have gotten to the hole like he did with Bynum and Pau in there. Sure Pau is soft, but he's solid, and you can't call JO one of Indiana's franchise player. Reggie Miller was, JO never won anything there and you don't trade "franchise players" It's like calling Pau a franchise Player.. Im not saying Pau is better then JO by any means, but it's the same idea.

I take it you dont knw much about the pacers than. When Miller started his decline and retired, JO stepped up and became the franchise. He was the face of the team and took the heat when the team was losing or got into trouble. JO was the franchise player up untill last seaon. JO is a 6 time allstar, he clearly was a franchise player with the Pacers before he got injured.

Brian Webstar
06-27-2008, 01:32 PM
I take it you dont knw much about the pacers than. When Miller started his decline and retired, JO stepped up and became the franchise. He was the face of the team and took the heat when the team was losing or got into trouble. JO was the franchise player up untill last seaon. JO is a 6 time allstar, he clearly was a franchise player with the Pacers before he got injured.

No sir. I just don't label a "Franchise Player" on every team. to me there are only really 3 or 4 Franchise Players in the League right now.
Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, Duncan. to me a Franchise Player is someone that you don't trade. You build your Team around them year after year. Yes Jermaine may have been the face of the franchise the years after reggie, but thats cuz he was the best they had, all they had. You can be the face of the Franchise year after year, but that doesn't make you a Franchise player... It just means your the best player on that team. Franchise Player i n my book is somebody that you build your team around not trade.

North Yorker
06-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Hakeem & Sampson, David Robinson and Tim Duncan, Pau and Bynum ALL are 7ft plus. Neither Jermaine nor Bosh is a TRUE 7ft. No twin towers, Twin Power Fowards. I like them both but they can't be called towers. Really Bosh looks like a younger version of Oneal but I like Bosh's Atletisim more, but their no towers in toronto. sorry. but a great pick up and Raptor fans have alot to look forward to. go get the big 3 raptors!!

Allllrighty then...

We'll just have to call them the "Twin Powers" I guess

CHITOWNPHAN78
06-27-2008, 02:12 PM
WHAT!!! Andrew Bynum is not a "Franchise Player"? I figured the way you B@ll Lap him he would have to be one. Also who made up the rule that you HAVE to be 7' to be the twin towers? They both are pretty big guys and can play down low. Let the man dream guys. He can call them what he wants to.

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
No sir. I just don't label a "Franchise Player" on every team. to me there are only really 3 or 4 Franchise Players in the League right now.
Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, Duncan. to me a Franchise Player is someone that you don't trade. You build your Team around them year after year. Yes Jermaine may have been the face of the franchise the years after reggie, but thats cuz he was the best they had, all they had. You can be the face of the Franchise year after year, but that doesn't make you a Franchise player... It just means your the best player on that team. Franchise Player i n my book is somebody that you build your team around not trade.

I was with you in agreement that there are not many fracnhise players in the league but You lost all credibility with me when you said Pierce was a franchise player. Im sorry one good playoff does not mean your a fracnhise player, im sorry what did Pierce win without Garnett? Garnett is the franchise not Pierce. Your just caught up in all the hype, I guess your also one of the guys that thinks Pierce is a hall of famer cause he won finals mvp.. hmmmm right

Bosh, Wade, Dirk, Garnett are franchise players not Pierce.

KeithLBC
06-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I was with you in agreement that there are not many fracnhise players in the league but You lost all credibility with me when you said Pierce was a franchise player. Im sorry one good playoff does not mean your a fracnhise player, im sorry what did Pierce win without Garnett? Garnett is the franchise not Pierce. Your just caught up in all the hype, I guess your also one of the guys that thinks Pierce is a hall of famer cause he won finals mvp.. hmmmm right

Bosh, Wade, Dirk, Garnett are franchise players not Pierce.

IMO, Pierce is just as much of a franchise player as Bosh :clap:

kobe2008mvp
06-27-2008, 02:42 PM
bynum and gasol are better twin towers because there longer and bynum has a bigger body. i think he's the next dwight haword/ shaq type of player.

Gmen824
06-27-2008, 02:47 PM

well, Curry and Randolph is a pretty ferocious duo when healthy, nah i agree tho, j.o and bosh can do big thing's in the east, together...

Silver.
06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Well Curry and Randolph outweigh every duo in the nba.

Halladay
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Curry and Randolph had the potential to be nasty but we all knew that would never work out.

4everYoung
06-27-2008, 03:03 PM

You're crazy... O'Neal is done man, he won't even make the full season. You think he hated playing in Indiana, he isn't going to be all motivated north of the border either... please.

Tian Tian Boy
06-27-2008, 03:04 PM
i thought love and jefferson

Halladay
06-27-2008, 03:06 PM
You're crazy... O'Neal is done man, he won't even make the full season. You think he hated playing in Indiana, he isn't going to be all motivated north of the border either... please.

You know O'neal personally? because your talking like you know him or something.;)

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 03:30 PM
IMO, Pierce is just as much of a franchise player as Bosh :clap:

hmm I forgot did Bosh have two future hall of famers playing beside him?

Mile High Champ
06-27-2008, 03:31 PM
bynum and gasol are better twin towers because there longer and bynum has a bigger body. i think he's the next dwight haword/ shaq type of player.

haha no bias there, Bynum wont be a shaq-howard type center, He will never be that dominating. He is more finese on the offensive end.

futureman
06-27-2008, 03:35 PM
I think toronto gets raped with this deal. JO won't have a 100% healthy season and his huge contract was too much to take on IMO. pacers def get the better end of this.

kobe2008mvp
06-27-2008, 03:38 PM
i really don't think bosh is better than gasol. gasol has more offensive skills than chris bosh. maby in 1 or 2 years bosh will be better than gasol.

Ragun
06-27-2008, 03:42 PM
i really don't think bosh is better than gasol. gasol has more offensive skills than chris bosh. maby in 1 or 2 years bosh will be better than gasol.

Gasol struggled like crazy against Garnett. Bosh does struggle but not as bad Gasol. I would choose Bosh over Gasol anyday of the week.

domz248
06-27-2008, 03:46 PM

yea sure lolol:confused:

4everYoung
06-27-2008, 03:47 PM
You know O'neal personally? because your talking like you know him or something.;)

I know as much as any fan of the game can know a professional basketball player and from what we have all been witness too over his career is that he is not highly motivated, is injury prone and is not someone who is going to come in and save the mighty Raptors franchise. Just my opinion... :rolleyes:

Halladay
06-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I think toronto gets raped with this deal. JO won't have a 100% healthy season and his huge contract was too much to take on IMO. pacers def get the better end of this.

Pacers get-

TJ Ford-A possible top 10 PG in the NBA but has struggled with spinal stenosis. Of course you probably didn't know that did you? He has a permanent spinal cord problem and he could get hit tomorrow and his career could be done and he comtemplated retirement after getting hit by Al Horford this season.

Rasho Nesterovic-A serviceable Center traded to Indiana to match salaries, will most likely be bought out by Indiana and brought back to the Raptors.

Maceo Baston-The 15'th man off the bench, rarely dressed meanwhile, played.

17'th overall pick-Roy Hibbert selected for Indiana, a solid Center who will most likely end up a decent backup one day.

Raptors get

O'neal-A 6 time all-star who's had knee problems but has the potential to be a dominant big man on the offensive and defensive end.

41'st overall pick-Nathan Jawaii picked for the Raptors by Indiana, a PF/C with potential to be a serviceable backup/banger. Nothing special, best case scenario is he turns into a Jason Maxiell or a Kurt Thomas type.

I don't see this deal as a raping, when you break it down, what are the Raptors really giving up? TJ Ford, a player with spinal cord issues who everyone knew was on the market? Rasho? A decent big man. Baston-A fringe third option off the bench who rarely dresses. Hibbert-meh. So please, explain it to me more thoroughly.

KeithLBC
06-27-2008, 03:55 PM
hmm I forgot did Bosh have two future hall of famers playing beside him?

No, but in 2002, Pierce took his Celtics further than Bosh has taken his team, so I think they're pretty much equal talents to me.

aman_13
06-27-2008, 03:55 PM

Oden is going to be a great player and so is Aldridge. Its way too early to talk about who is going to be better. Bosh hasn't even reached his prime and he is a 20 and 10 player.

arthurlaker13
06-27-2008, 04:20 PM
honestly dude u cant compare jo and bosh to gasol and bynum. JO and Bosh dont even come close to how good bynum and gasol will be next year gasols shot percentage is better than jo and he is more durable and bynum is way better than bosh and vice versa

aman_13
06-27-2008, 04:31 PM
^^Bynum is good but he is not better than Chris Bosh.

Silver.
06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
honestly dude u cant compare jo and bosh to gasol and bynum. JO and Bosh dont even come close to how good bynum and gasol will be next year gasols shot percentage is better than jo and he is more durable and bynum is way better than bosh and vice versa

Bynum will never be the point scorer that Chris Bosh is,he may be a better rebounder but he's not the leader that Bosh is and couldn't lead a team to the playoffs on his own.

Gasol and JO cant even be compared,Last I saw O'neal actually fights for rebounds and doesnt look to the refs every time he misses a lay-up,soft vs gritty.

LakerDeftones
06-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Bynum will never be the point scorer that Chris Bosh is,he may be a better rebounder but he's not the leader that Bosh is and couldn't lead a team to the playoffs on his own.

Gasol and JO cant even be compared,Last I saw O'neal actually fights for rebounds and doesnt look to the refs every time he misses a lay-up,soft vs gritty.

Last i saw, Gasol was playing healthy in the finals and JO was on the injured list numerous times...

Bosh didn't lead anything in the playoffs, they didn't even make it out of the first round...

I like how JO and Bosh already automatically = better than the Bynum/Gasol combo yet neither of them has played together.

No one is doubting what JO can do, but he's more injury prone than Bynum, now thats a fact. And as he gets older, he's injuries get worse little by little.

But you can't be making statements like you just did implying that JO and Bosh is the best duo

when its probably Kaman/Brand when it comes to C/pfs playing together.

Silver.
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Last i saw, Gasol was playing healthy in the finals and JO was on the injured list numerous times...

Bosh didn't lead anything in the playoffs, they didn't even make it out of the first round...

I like how JO and Bosh already automatically = better than the Bynum/Gasol combo yet neither of them has played together.

No one is doubting what JO can do, but he's more injury prone than Bynum, now thats a fact. And as he gets older, he's injuries get worse little by little.

But you can't be making statements like you just did implying that JO and Bosh is the best duo

when its probably Kaman/Brand when it comes to C/pfs playing together.

Did Bosh and JO have Kobe Bryant on their teams?

mjt20mik
06-27-2008, 05:23 PM

1. Gasol + Bynum
2. Shaq + Amare
3. Bosh + JO

Umm.. to be honest i think Shaq and Amare have to be on the top of that list. Gasol and Bynum haven't played together and neither have Bosh and JO. So you can't assume that they'll play well together, since you have no concrete evidence showing how well they played together. I agree that all four of those players are really good players, but saying that Gasol and Bynum are on the top is being kinda biased.

bynum is way better than bosh and vice versa

ahaha.. even if i wasn't a Raptors fan i would still laugh at how silly that comment is..

Halladay
06-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I know I'm not sure how the same people who believe that Bynum and Gasol are better are the same people saying that Bosh and O'neal can't be better because they haven't even played a game together. How many games has Bynum/Gasol played together?

LakerDeftones
06-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Did Bosh and JO have Kobe Bryant on their teams?

no

But by saying "Bosh can lead his team to the playoffs" in comparison to Bynum is kind of ridiculous considering Bosh IS AN ALLSTAR, and Bynum isnt.

Im not saying Bosh isn't better, but when you want to single someone out and compare them to an allstar then thats a bit cheating. The equivalent response from me would then be how Bosh's team is in the east, Had bynum been on a Kobeless team in the East what would be the result?

It already sounds like you are overrating JO a bit, Bosh and JO will get the job done, but that doesnt mean they are best PF/C duo.

Bynum/Gasol are right up there with them, theres no question about that.

LakerDeftones
06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
I know I'm not sure how the same people who believe that Bynum and Gasol are better are the same people saying that Bosh and O'neal can't be better because they haven't even played a game together. How many games has Bynum/Gasol played together?

I know, no one, least me, isnt saying Bynum and Gasol are better. Neither duo has played together but its pretty obvious both duos will get it done.

Each duo has strengths and weaknesses.

mjt20mik
06-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Im not saying Bosh isn't better, but when you want to single someone out and compare them to an allstar then thats a bit cheating. The equivalent response from me would then be how Bosh's team is in the east, Had bynum been on a Kobeless team in the East what would be the result?

Why do always people result in calling the East weak. It's funny cause we won this year, and we still are call weak. This year should be better.

mjt20mik
06-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I know, no one, least me, isnt saying Bynum and Gasol are better. Neither duo has played together but its pretty obvious both duos will get it done.

Each duo has strengths and weaknesses.

Exactly! Finally someone who actually isn't bashing for no reason. :p
We just have to wait till this season. IMO this thread was made way to premature.

Halladay
06-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Why do always people result in calling the East weak. It's funny cause we won this year, and we still are call weak. This year should be better.

The West is far superior to the east without a doubt...there's what, 3 or 4 legit teams in the East? Anyone from 1-8 in the west can win. The quality in the West is so much better. Just ask Golden State.

mjt20mik
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
The West is far superior to the east without a doubt...there's what, 3 or 4 legit teams in the East? Anyone from 1-8 in the west can win. The quality in the West is so much better. Just ask Golden State.

But only a few teams in the West can match those 2-3 teams intensity and toughness. But whatever, I'm not going to be ignorant, that statement is correct.

Silver.
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
no

But by saying "Bosh can lead his team to the playoffs" in comparison to Bynum is kind of ridiculous considering Bosh IS AN ALLSTAR, and Bynum isnt.

It already sounds like you are overrating JO a bit, Bosh and JO will get the job done, but that doesnt mean they are best PF/C duo.

Bynum/Gasol are right up there with them, theres no question about that.

I didnt single Bynum out,I only compared them because the guy i responded to did and said Bynum is way better then Bosh,which is a little ridiculous to me because the guys had less then half a season averaging the kinda numbers Bosh was averaging as a Rookie/2nd year player,& If JO is healthy he can be a dominant player again.And Arguably theirs better Pf's in the East then West.

LakerDeftones
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM

well, considering theres basically 2 teams, maybe 3 that can contend, that makes it weaker, they aren't actually weak though.

Its just based in comparison to the western teams, naturally you think weak, though theres strong teams in the east, obviously Boston Proved that.

8 western playoff teams each had 50 wins, teams with less than half of their games won made it to the playoffs in the east...:D

LakerDeftones
06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I didnt single Bynum out,I only compared them because the guy i responded to did and said Bynum is way better then Bosh,which is a little ridiculous to me because the guys had less then half a season averaging the kinda numbers Bosh was averaging as a Rookie/2nd year player,& If JO is healthy he can be a dominant player again.And Arguably theirs better Pf's in the East then West.

didnt see the whole BYnum is better than Bosh, that is ridiculous, i was talking about something else then :D

Thats one thing i hate, i understand being a fan of a player, but to be blind and say a team favorite is better than an other player is dumb if its obviously wrong.

Unless Bynum starts playing 36-40 minutes a night for a long time, we wont see what type of numbers Bynum can put.

junion
06-27-2008, 05:51 PM
JO/Bynum... I think Bynum owns JO - but not enough information - i've only seen them play against each other maybe 3-4 times?

Bosh/Gasol... Bosh is pretty tight, I don't know what Gasol can do against Bosh (defensively), but Bosh is no Garnett. I think Bosh would win this battle - but it would be a very close battle

Bynum & Gasol / JO & Bosh... I'd have to say Bynum & Gasol would win this one because they compliment each other, but it wouldn't be a walk in the park. I'd love to see these two-on-two battle it out down low.

Lakers/Raptors... I'd take Lakers, but in a good battle. Jo/Bosh are options 1 and 2, while Gasol and Bynum might be options 2 & 3. That means the Raptors' main focus would be J/B while G/B would be second to KB.

Either way, I love how teams are going down low again, and having "Twin Towers" instead of D'Antoni's run run run. Don't forget Amare/Shaq's "Twin Towers"

This is going to be a great season!

And about the "Big 3"... it was "boston's thing" until they started using it for EVERYONE. Lakers - LO, Kobe, Gasol... Spurs - Ginobili, Duncan, Mr. Longoria.... Boston... Nash, Amare, Shaq... etc

BALLER R
06-27-2008, 05:52 PM
im lovin the who better Bynum/Gasol or Bosh/O'neal..can't wait till the Lakers face the Raptors!

North Yorker
06-27-2008, 06:15 PM
im lovin the who better Bynum/Gasol or Bosh/O'neal..can't wait till the Lakers face the Raptors!

Circle those 2 dates on your calendar my friend! Hopefully all 4 will be healthy so we can see a great match-up.

Silver.
06-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Kobe always torches the Raptors,lol he says he likes to put on a show for the Canadian fans.

North Yorker
06-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Kobe always torches the Raptors,lol he says he likes to put on a show for the Canadian fans.

Maybe he loses his passport and won't be allowed to cross the boarder:p

hey, it could happen

Jah king
06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
JO plays like a homo,,, he should be a Celtic..

carruthers32
06-27-2008, 07:31 PM

Bosh is better than Gasol and O'Neal is better than Bynum, enough said. By the way, sick video!

carruthers32
06-27-2008, 07:34 PM
JO plays like a homo,,, he should be a Celtic..

how much do you want to bet this guy is a Lakers fan, lmao!

ImOnFire12
06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow u guys havent seen Bosh and Oneal and were all assuming that Gasol and Bynum are better than Bosh and Oneal, that havent played with each other. and i think bosh and oneal are a better duo.

kobynum2417
06-27-2008, 08:11 PM
jermaine is getting old. dont even think that toronto has a shot in the east. think about it. bosh is soft. o'neal is old and will probably get injured

Halladay
06-27-2008, 08:16 PM
jermaine is getting old. dont even think that toronto has a shot in the east. think about it. bosh is soft. o'neal is old and will probably get injured

It's so refreshing to see an unbias and well thought out perspective from a Lakers fan.

TO Fan
06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk video

TO Fan
06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
bosh is soft...how about gasol.

He's a bigger softie than bargnani.

Silver.
06-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Can we close this thread until next years All-star break and then we'll see which duo is better?

carruthers32
06-27-2008, 08:39 PM

Hes 29 turning 30, since when is that old? Isn't that when people are in their prime?

xanderyear
06-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow. It's amazing how much fans of their perspective team overrate their own players. Yes, Bosh and JO will be an extreme force. JO rested to be healthy, if it pays off, I'd say they'll be better than the lakers combo, only because Bynum is so raw still, even after his "breakout" (quotations due to the fact that it was interrupted by injury) season. The fact of the matter is that you have two 20/10 guys in the same front court who have proven what they can do already. With the Lakers case it's all speculation since Bynum hasn't reached those numbers, but he could.

Toxeryll
06-28-2008, 12:36 AM
To be Twin Towers, you have to be TOWERS!!! Both of these Toronto guys don't reach 7 feet (JO- 6 feet 11, CB- 6 feet 10). That is why they are not Twin Towers. They are just a very good frontcourt. The only team with a literal and actual TWIN TOWER action is the Lakers win the 7 feet 1- Pau Gasol and 7 feet- Andrew Bynum (had a 25 point/17 rebound/3 block game before injury). Now those are TWIN TOWERS.

what r u sayin boy? how come duncan and robinson were called the twin towers? Duncan is not a 7 footer for ur information. He is 6'11.

Toxeryll
06-28-2008, 12:37 AM
gasol is softer than barganani.

Toxeryll
06-28-2008, 12:40 AM

The reason why the teams in the West has a better record than the teams in the West is because it is so easy to win in the West while its tough to win in the East. :)

lakers4sho
06-28-2008, 12:40 AM

Heck, Gasol is softer than Gallinari, right?? ;)

LakersBroncos
06-28-2008, 01:06 AM
With Bynam and Gasol, the Lakers are a force to be reckoned with. Yes Oneal and Bosh look good on paper, but I would rather take Al Jefferson along with Kevin Love over them. Al Jefferson is a low budget Kevin Garnett, he averages a double double and is rougher and tougher. Actually the Lakers should be the best for a while though with Bynam looking like he can jump over any and all defenders. We will have to see how the knee holds up though.

Ragun
06-28-2008, 01:29 AM
With Bynam and Gasol, the Lakers are a force to be reckoned with. Yes Oneal and Bosh look good on paper, but I would rather take Al Jefferson along with Kevin Love over them. Al Jefferson is a low budget Kevin Garnett, he averages a double double and is rougher and tougher. Actually the Lakers should be the best for a while though with Bynam looking like he can jump over any and all defenders. We will have to see how the knee holds up though.
You do Bynum has a LONG way to get back to form. Plus you guys are going of 20 games. Laker fans are biased. I think the best duo is between the Raps and Suns. I will give it to the Suns for now until Shaq is done.

Rox07
06-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Dorsey/Landry and Yao is unbeatable.

Durant is hype
06-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Wow people wait until the season starts.

JO didn't even play 1 game in Toronto and him and bosh are suddendly the best duo.

Bynum and Gasol didn't even play 1 game in Lakers uniform and there suddendly the best big duo.

Wait until the season starts.

LakeShowRaider
06-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Soooo you guys have JO for like what 3 days and now you're the best duo in the NBA?? I dont think so...I'm a Laker fan but even if I wasnt I still think that Bynum and Gasol will be better. KEY WORD: THINK, chill out haters.

The Raps got a good chance to be good with JO and bosh but JO has been AWOL for how long now?

And 4 PPL saying Gasol is soft...well his soft *** got us to the finals so stop hating! Bynum will solidify our toughness!

junion
06-28-2008, 01:55 AM

Gasol playing at Center is soft

celtics20
06-28-2008, 01:57 AM
all of you raptor fans crack me up. Getting JO is gonna help you guys don't get me wrong but he's not that good. omg, you hype him up so much. Wait til you hit the celtics in the 08 09 season when JO will go up against KG, thats a joke. We'll tear you guys down again. Raptors aint goin anywhere

junion
06-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Can we close this thread until next years All-star break and then we'll see which duo is better?

i was thinking the same thing... but then again, what's the point of the forums if we're not going to say who we think is better, and backing up our respective teams?!?

this makes everything fun... back up your team (back up with evidence at least)... and when it come time for the game... it's hyped up, and we see who eats their words, and who has a big grin on their faces...

it makes it more fun!!!

Leftcoast_yg
06-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Wow u guys havent seen Bosh and Oneal and were all assuming that Gasol and Bynum are better than Bosh and Oneal, that havent played with each other. and i think bosh and oneal are a better duo.

its funny how people say neither duo has played with each other yet they say i think o'neal and bosh are better and gasol and bynum are better or not as good as j.o. and bosh but yet no of these duo's have played, i bet this guy is a homer he just stated, "and i think bosh and oneal are a better duo"
so which one is it, homer or hypocrite or both:clap: come on now get it together well see next year than we can talk

spurhead
06-28-2008, 04:15 AM

same here hahaha
wouldnt be too scared of the rapters twin towers.. both arent great at defense so theyre arent tough to penetrate on

bynum and gasol will be much better

SwaggaIke
06-28-2008, 08:16 AM
When did Celtic fans get so cocky? You would think they just pulled off a three peat. A lot of Celtic fans are starting to remind me of Patriot fans. Not all, just some.

Anyway, J.O and Bosh will be decent if J.O can stay on the court. They have a lot of shooters to dish the pill too so i'm interested in seeing the half court offense.

ragee
06-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I thought you were talking about ODEN AND ALDRIDGE! LOL That's a good combo though... I like them better than Bynum/Gasol! However, the twin towers that you really should watch out for is ODEN/ALDRIDGE!

ragee
06-28-2008, 09:52 AM
all of you raptor fans crack me up. Getting JO is gonna help you guys don't get me wrong but he's not that good. omg, you hype him up so much. Wait til you hit the celtics in the 08 09 season when JO will go up against KG, thats a joke. We'll tear you guys down again. Raptors aint goin anywhere

TO ALL CELTIC FANS AND TO ALL THE BANDWAGON JUMPERS, stop being cocky coz your team will not last very long... Garnett and Allen are getting old declining... They are not the Garnett ad Allen of yesteryears... Soon, Pierce will follow... I would like to thank you though... I would rather see you guys win the championship than KOBE BRYANT! Shaq is right! Kobe can't do it without him! lmao! Congratulations for the championship this year but don't expect to repeat...

#24 Lakerland
06-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Reading the title, I thought you guys where talking about Robert Swift and Nick Collison.

Raptors27
06-28-2008, 09:56 AM
^^ haha

torontosports10
06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Lakers fans will love their own duo

Raps fans will love their own duo

Jermaine and Bynum are both comming back from major injuries. It is as close as it can be

I will choose the Raps cause Bosh is better then Gasol and there really is no winner yet in the JO- Bynum battle until they prove healthy.However if Bynum comes beack healthy and cointnues to improve then it will be the Lakers.

#24 Lakerland
06-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Lakers fans will love their own duo

Raps fans will love their own duo

Jermaine and Bynum are both comming back from major injuries. It is as close as it can be

I will choose the Raps cause Bosh is better then Gasol and there really is no winner yet in the JO- Bynum battle until they prove healthy.However if Bynum comes beack healthy and cointnues to improve then it will be the Lakers.
But the Lakers have the better team overall.:p

ragee
06-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Soooo you guys have JO for like what 3 days and now you're the best duo in the NBA?? I dont think so...I'm a Laker fan but even if I wasnt I still think that Bynum and Gasol will be better. KEY WORD: THINK, chill out haters.

The Raps got a good chance to be good with JO and bosh but JO has been AWOL for how long now?

And 4 PPL saying Gasol is soft...well his soft *** got us to the finals so stop hating! Bynum will solidify our toughness!

HE IS SOFT! Dude, he makes Dirk look like a good defender!!! Hahaha... No disrespect Dirk but that is the way you are... Still a great player though... Blazers, Magic and Mavericks! You think Gasol is tough? Feed him to Dwight and lets see what will happen... Yeah, he got you to the finals, then then the rest of the team left and let the fans fight for them... hahaha... too bad Jack Nicholson was not allowed to shoot... He wold have done a better job than the rest of the lakers! LMAO!!!!

deke173
06-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Give it a couple of years but I think the city of Minnesota is where you'll find the twin towers, Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.

deke173
06-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Also Oden and Aldridge can also apply

torontosports10
06-28-2008, 11:25 AM
But the Lakers have the better team overall.:p

Ya that is the other thing I forgot to menction. They have Kobe and Odom to go along with Bynum and Gasol.. we got Jose

rockbottom2010
06-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Rumours are saying that Shawn Marion could be a raptor.....imagine if hes in the mix..........next level....like serious stuff...

Cali4rnia
06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I Think Its An Even Combo Cuz Bynum Needs To Recover And So Does Jermaine :)

God of War
06-28-2008, 12:59 PM

You clearly don't know anything about basketball.

North Yorker
06-28-2008, 01:37 PM
You clearly don't know anything about basketball.

Don't you love it when people don't back anything up? There is no way to tell who is better yet, so to say someone knows nothing when all they're saying is their opinion is flat out stupid. Tell us why you seem so sure that Bynum and Gasol are better.

Well I'll teach you something about basketball that maybe you didn't know, they didn't even play one game yet together smart ***.

ragee
06-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Give it a couple of years but I think the city of Minnesota is where you'll find the twin towers, Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.

I think Kevin Love is too short to be considered one tower... Not disrespect though... I think they will be a good combo in a few years

Redbull
06-28-2008, 11:31 PM

Shaq and Amare, Boozer and Okur, West and Chandler, Lewis and Howard.

Ragun
06-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Shaq and Amare, Boozer and Okur, West and Chandler, Lewis and Howard.

west and chandler? no. shaq and amare? yes. boozer and okur? no. lewis and howard? no.

AFlagRules
06-29-2008, 02:03 AM
west and chandler? no. shaq and amare? yes. boozer and okur? no. lewis and howard? no.

I think we should just hold all talk until we play the games. JO might not pan out, but I believe if he does pan out, there is no other combo in the NBA that matches up to them, or even get close. Not only does JO bring one of the best defensive post presences in the league, hes also good for at least 15 - 20 points and 10 rebounds. Bosh is clearly a top 15 player in the league and there is nobody in the league who can stop him on offense. His defense is iffy still, but thats where O'Neal comes in to back him up, and O'Neals presence alone will make Bosh a much better defender and better scorer.

michaellui11
06-29-2008, 02:10 AM
for twin towers wallpaper ---> http://michaellui11.deviantart.com/art/The-Twin-Towers-90017488

DES
06-29-2008, 04:00 AM
lets just wait and see whos knee hold up the longest....bynum....or j o....so what towers....

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 04:06 AM
twin towers?

do you mean brand and kaman? :)

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 06:08 AM
no i think he meant beasley and udonis haslem!!!

BleedPurple
06-29-2008, 12:05 PM

I think its very close. Although Iam a Laker fan.However I think that you may be under estimating Bynum. Bosh and JO will be a force regardless I think its a great move by both teams. Toronto may be a contender now, they got their bigs, thier shooters and a great PG and alittle defense with Moon.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Does anyone remember last year when Bynum and Odom got offered for O'Neal?

Ragun
06-29-2008, 12:23 PM

Yes.

Ragun
06-29-2008, 12:27 PM
for twin towers wallpaper ---> http://michaellui11.deviantart.com/art/The-Twin-Towers-90017488Pretty nice. But its too simple.

I think we should just hold all talk until we play the games. JO might not pan out, but I believe if he does pan out, there is no other combo in the NBA that matches up to them, or even get close. Not only does JO bring one of the best defensive post presences in the league, hes also good for at least 15 - 20 points and 10 rebounds. Bosh is clearly a top 15 player in the league and there is nobody in the league who can stop him on offense. His defense is iffy still, but thats where O'Neal comes in to back him up, and O'Neals presence alone will make Bosh a much better defender and better scorer.
Yeah, thats fair.

I think its very close. Although Iam a Laker fan.However I think that you may be under estimating Bynum. Bosh and JO will be a force regardless I think its a great move by both teams. Toronto may be a contender now, they got their bigs, thier shooters and a great PG and alittle defense with Moon.

But Bynum played 20 games...he has a LONG way to get back to that forum but he was very impressive in those 20 games.

ap28kb24
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
im sorry but the name twin towers is taken by bynum and gasol and there a way better combo

SwaggaIke
06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
There haven't been any Twin Towers in the league since Duncan and Robinson and none of these chump combo's even deserve the name. J.O and Bosh haven't played one game together, neither have Gasol and Bynum. Gasol is soft so he's more like a barbie dream house than a tower.

kylem4711
06-29-2008, 01:29 PM
im sorry but the name twin towers is taken by bynum and gasol and there a way better combo

they have not played a single game together...

_Sn1P3r_
06-29-2008, 02:30 PM
We need an original nickname for both JO and Bosh and Gasol and Bynum. Any ideas?

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Gasynum, Jobosh?

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Gasynum, Jobosh?

whack!:smoking:

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:40 PM

i think it was the other way around!

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 07:47 PM
ok than The titans for bynum and gasol, and j.o. and bosh can be jaws and humpty dumpty(J.O.)

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 07:49 PM
ok than The titans for bynum and gasol, and j.o. and bosh can be jaws and humpty dumpty(J.O.)

that may be a contraceptive you both can't feel!:smoking:

Ragun
06-29-2008, 08:09 PM
laker fan...

There haven't been any Twin Towers in the league since Duncan and Robinson and none of these chump combo's even deserve the name. J.O and Bosh haven't played one game together, neither have Gasol and Bynum. Gasol is soft so he's more like a barbie dream house than a tower. That is true...its just hype.

Gasynum, Jobosh?

JoBosh sounds ill. Gasynum sounds like some type of element. :P how about Bynol!

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 08:12 PM
laker fan...
That is true...its just hype.

JoBosh sounds ill. Gasynum sounds like some type of element. :P how about Bynol!

sounds like tylenol:smoking:

PRETTY BIRD
06-29-2008, 08:13 PM
the two man power trip!

Ragun
06-29-2008, 08:18 PM
sounds like tylenol:smoking:

So true.

Well the Raptors actually have the Triplet Towers...

Bosh, Bargnani and Oneal.

or B.O.B.

Leftcoast_yg
06-29-2008, 08:29 PM
the two man power trip!

:confused:uhh, so whats going on with dodgers i heard they are in second place without playing there starters alot

pmmr2113
02-14-2009, 05:43 AM
so what happened here again?

Gnac76
02-14-2009, 06:02 AM
fail

hotdogbun
02-14-2009, 06:53 AM
lol just like that, the twin towers are gone

lakerboy
02-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Let's not rub it in their faces. It was a good experiment.

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-14-2009, 07:23 AM
lmao .........

I Love when old threads get regenerated becuz the topic failed so miserably

Faneik
02-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Raps need better coaching...

Bosh is making terrible decisions on the court...

Calderon lost several games due to injury...

At least, Bargnani is growing as a player...

Can Calderon have the Nash-effect in Marion? Will Marion stay with Raps, or is he going to walk in the summer?

JJ81
02-14-2009, 09:39 AM
JO is past it.

MilfHunter07
02-14-2009, 09:53 AM
They have a good nucleus. With a Calderon-young draftee-Marion-Bosh-Bargnani lineup they should be doing great. It's got to be something in the locker room or the coach. There is just to much talent to not be succeeding.

That T.J. Ford deal I didnt like. You've got to acquire young talent for a guy like that. Not an old injury prone guy.

Bob_at_york
02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
so what happened here again?

Not sure which part you are referring to so I will try to address both:

1) Injuries and a tough schedule hurt the Raptors, of course trading all their depth for JO, injuries should have been expected but for some reason many fans did not expect it.

2) Bargnani. His solid play made JO expendable. Not saying that Bargnani is better than JO or anything but if you are going to build around one, it isn't going to be JO. Really Colangelo shouldn't have doubted himself in the first place, he should have stuck to his course and waited for Bargnani to develop.