PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Select Anthony Randolph (#14)

Conor
06-26-2008, 09:00 PM
http://nbadraft.net/images/players/small/anthony-randolph-hd.jpg

Strengths: Long, lanky forward with a great deal of upside ... His length and agility makes him very unique playing on the wing ... Highly versatile. He has a vast array of offensive abilities, especially impressive considering his age: Randolph has a tremendous handle and gets to the basket extremely well off the bounce ... A smooth athlete with great foot speed ... Runs the floor like a deer and has amazing fluidity ... Really makes a difficult match up as he's able to use his great length on both ends of the floor ... His offensive skill set is developing quickly ... Scores very well around the basket with a wide array of hooks and finger rolls. Being left handed enhances his effectiveness ... Has really developed as the season has gone on, and is beginning to dominate on a regular basis ... Causes mayhem crashing the glass, often following teammates shots with highlight one handed finishes ... Also shows solid vision and playmaking ability for teammates ... Has a lot of defensive potential. Blocks a ton of shots (2.3 pg) for a wing player due to his length, timing and explosiveness ... Shows good promise as a free throw shooter (70%), hard work and repetition should help him increase it ...

Weaknesses: A high risk, high reward type pick at this stage of his career. He's got a chance to be special, but in turn a higher than average chance of being a bust as well ... Still very skinny, and may always be on the skinny side ala Tayshaun Prince ... His arms in particular need bulking up ... His NBA readiness isn't quite at the level of some other draft hopefuls ... Must get stronger and tougher both physically and mentally ... Must gain confidence and not get discouraged when things aren't going well ... Still prone to cold nights shooting the ball ... He's a very shy, quiet kid, and the year in Baton Rouge has been great for him but he could really use a second year to continue his maturity and off court development before taking on the bright lights and distractions that exist at the next level. Unfortunately that appears unlikely, as Randolph is said to be leaning towards entering the draft one-and-done ... Maturity question marks will need to be answered in the evaluation process leading up to the draft. ... Shows a solid shooting stroke, but really need to develop more range. The three ball isn't currently in his repertoire (11% on the year with just two makes) ... Will need to tighten his handle and become less turnover prone ...

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/anthonyrandolph.html

ejdacanay
06-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I am so fcking ecstatic right now. He was my #1 on my board.

Kdirt
06-26-2008, 09:13 PM
We already have his clone in Brandan Wright. This pick seems to plan for the future somewhat. I guess time will tell. We still need another veteran big man to get us over the hump.

Conor
06-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Randolph is quite a bit more skilled than Wright, more of a perimeter player. Body-wise they are similar though.

GLobo
06-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I think if Wright played 35 minutes a game he would have given Durant a run for ROY...the games he started and played 20 minutes a game he had like 15 ppg 7 rpg and 2-3 bpg...if we get another of his type i'll take it!

Thatruth32
06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
my pops said on the raido they are saying for sure this is to trade to somebody... i wouldnt say for sure but ... to mean this just seems like brandon wirght 2.0.... maybe we moving him along with the trade expection

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
randpolph is not going to be a three. He took onyl 19 three point attmept making exactly 1. He was not taken to be a sf. they would have taken green. he will be a four

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 09:26 PM
my pops said on the raido they are saying for sure this is to trade to somebody... i wouldnt say for sure but ... to mean this just seems like brandon wirght 2.0.... maybe we moving him along with the trade expection

thats what i thtink two. i think he will be moving

Aliengames
06-26-2008, 09:28 PM
On paper, I like Anthony Randolph for the same reasons I like Brandan Wright... Now all we need to do is re-sign our 9 free agents and pray that our young players are able to quickly develop and hold their ground in the imminent Western Conference melee, which is sure to be vicious (again).

Conor
06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
No....:mad:

Trade Wright if that's the case.

randpolph is not going to be a three. He took onyl 19 three point attmept making exactly 1. He was not taken to be a sf. they would have taken green. he will be a four

That's terrible logic. Monta Ellis does not take 3s, yet he's arguably our best player. Randolph is a slasher/distributor/shot blocker type, putting him in the post would limit his ability too much not to mention breaking him in half literally and figuratively.

djeller1139
06-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Who would you want in return...i've said this in every post now, but I'm extremely disappointed that RJ went to the Bucks for so cheap (seems to me like cheap, unproven bigman (Yi) plus another decent player coming off an injruy. I think the warriors could have done this trade easy, maybe cleared Al and saved some money too...coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Thatruth32
06-26-2008, 09:35 PM
yea he looks good dont get me wrong seems like a good problem to have cuz i love Brandon wright ... but just we need some help on the glass and that kid looked pretty damn skinny i did like his attiutde saying he is tougher than he looks ... but i still are hoping this is part of a bigger plan to land a bigger fish...

Conor
06-26-2008, 09:37 PM
What most of you seem to have a hard time understanding is Randolph's weight becomes much less of an issue than it is for Brandan Wright for the simple reason that he can play the 3. Lamar Odom plays the 3, Josh Smith plays the 3, Tayshaun Prince plays the 3, and they all have similar bodies and styles of play to Randolph.

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
No....:mad:

Trade Wright if that's the case.

That's terrible logic. Monta Ellis does not take 3s, yet he's arguably our best player. Randolph is a slasher/distributor/shot blocker type, putting him in the post would limit his ability too much not to mention breaking him in half literally and figuratively.

Taking three's has nothing do with a being our best player which would be davis btw. Everyone around the legue is telling ellis to stay in the bay becuase his value wouldnt be as high nor do they think he would as good a player in other systems. He will be four. All those things you just listed are why he will be a four. Now if he starts of course he is gonna get bullied. but you can hide him. Its easy to find an therlic three. its hard to find a kid like him that skill set that. I dont find it logical to think i cuy who is 6'10 and has played down low his whole life is suddenly going to learn how to dribble, and shoot a consistant outside shot and become an nba 3. He does not have the speed to stay with the top wing athletes. however if you match him up with 4 he has the adncatge minus body weight. read any report or scouting anyalyis or just lsiten to him talk or see what mullen said becuase all of it has him being a power forward. Evryone is prjecting him as 4 not a 3. Thats fine if you want to think he will bea 3 all summer but he will be a 4.

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
What most of you seem to have a hard time understanding is Randolph's weight becomes much less of an issue than it is for Brandan Wright for the simple reason that he can play the 3. Lamar Odom plays the 3, Josh Smith plays the 3, Tayshaun Prince plays the 3, and they all have similar bodies and styles of play to Randolph.

actually lamar started at the four all year. same with every year

Conor
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Taking three's has nothing do with a being our best player which would be davis btw. Everyone around the legue is telling ellis to saty in the bay becuase his value wouldnt be as high nor do they think he would as good a player in other systems. He will be four. All those things you jsut listed are why he will be a four. read any report or scouting anyalyis or just lsiten to him talk or see what mullens said becuase all if it has him being a power forward. Evryone is prjecting him as 4 not a 3. Thats fine if you want to think he will bea 3 all summer but he will be a 4.

You still haven't made a single valid point as to why he should be a 4. Tell me how a fast, skilled, skinny, weak, slasher-type fits better at a position that will do nothing but expose his shortcomings.

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/anthonyrandolph.html - Small Forward

Thatruth32
06-26-2008, 10:23 PM
mullin just said he is going to play 3 in an interview they way hes talkin sounds like we might be keeping the pic

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/2008_draft_central.html

Conor
06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
mullin just said he is going to play 3 in an interview they way hes talkin sounds like we might be keeping the pic

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/2008_draft_central.html

Well there you go.

Looks like we might trade up after that last little tidbit, maybe to snag CDR or Jordan? Oooh Chalmers even?

ejdacanay
06-26-2008, 10:30 PM
actually lamar started at the four all year. same with every year

thats because bynum went down

Thatruth32
06-26-2008, 10:31 PM
after looking at his highlights there is no doubt in my mind he is a 3 in the nba... i was shocked to see most of his highlights were outside jumpers... so he looks like BW but more of an outside player... ( i think Conor already said that ) but he looks good... i dont follow hoops at this level that much so i didnt know what to epexct... but i wouldnt be mad at all if we kept the pic...

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 10:31 PM
i cant get your link to work right now but nbadraft.net is one of the worst websites for the draft. K,theres a reason why he fell. im sorry you dont find my point valid but he if you truelly think he can be a three, a starting three in the NBA, then your waiting just as long as it would take for him to become a legit PF. He can not shoot the outside shot at all and can not dribble like a 3. Now he has dribbling skills for a 4. When people talk about his skills there talking about as a super athleic power forward like bosh. Not a 3.
If he was drafted to be a three he would have gone way way later in the draft. If you were to project him strickly at three, his report would he is a quick athletic, good height, and athlict guy who made just one 3 in college out of 19. If he wants to be a three has to extremly improve his shooting and his dribbling as he can beat any three's of the dribble nor does any team have to worry about his three point shot becuase it simply doesnt even exsitst. which is the bigest thing we do in nellies system. everything he does is amazing at PF, its very average to below average at the three. he proablly can be a 3, but its going to take jsut as long

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 10:35 PM
thats because bynum went down

really? thats why he was the four before bynum went down. thats why he was the four the whole time he has been in LA? thats why everyone wanted them to trade lamar for a legit three right after the gasol trade and now more than ever? thats why when bynum was starting he was still the four. thast why in miami he was a four?

Conor
06-26-2008, 10:37 PM
If I could read your post I'd argue. CBS Sportsline has him at SF as well, as does draftexpress if that helps. And you're wrong on one thing that I was able to understand - he does have the handling ability to be a SF, that's what many see as a strength for him, his ability to handle and distribute the ball for a player of his length. He can be careless with the ball at times, but aren't all 19 year olds?

ejdacanay
06-26-2008, 10:41 PM
really? thats why he was the four before bynum went down. thats why he was the four the whole time he has been in LA? thats why everyone wanted them to trade lamar for a legit three right after the gasol trade and now more than ever? thats why when bynum was starting he was still the four. thast why in miami he was a four?

yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.

Bynums downing pushed the trade for Gasol. Now they have a healthy C and PF. If Bynum was healthy w/ Gasol in the lineup then would they play Odom at the 4? NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

C: Bynum
PF: Gasol
SF: Odom
SG: Kobe
PG: Fisher

I notice you love to argue :clap:

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 10:45 PM
If I could read your post I'd argue. CBS Sportsline has him at SF as well, as does draftexpress if that helps. And you're wrong on one thing that I was able to understand - he does have the handling ability to be a SF, that's what many see as a strength for him, his ability to handle and distribute the ball for a player of his length. He can be careless with the ball at times, but aren't all 19 year olds?

Well i dont know how you cant read my post. he cant handle well for a power forward. he can pass very well for a power forward. Peple dont see him as a disributor or his abilty to hadnle. He was hyped becuase he has all the skills to be chris bosh. Not to be the next average 3.

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 10:52 PM
yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.yup yup yup yup yup.

Bynums downing pushed the trade for Gasol. Now they have a healthy C and PF. If Bynum was healthy w/ Gasol in the lineup then would they play Odom at the 4? NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

C: Bynum
PF: Gasol
SF: Odom
SG: Kobe
PG: Fisher

I notice you love to argue :clap:

Well for the record, i dont take anything from a warrios fan perosnally or anyting like that. when it comes to argueing or debating over certain things ,becuase i live in reno and i have yet to meet a warriors fan that acutally is a real fan or almost anybody else that follows the nba so when i come on here its like my only chance to have real debate about my favorite sport with real fans.
you didnt even argue any other points other than what would have happend if bynum hadnt gone down. that doesnt take away the fact he has mostly been a 4 with the same skill ster that ranpolph is said to have.Your wrong becuase they dont make the gasol trade unless bynum goes down. Immeditly once the gasol trade went down, everyone realised lamar is going to be gone and that talk has only gone up since the series. Odom has been a four for most of his career. If anything you could say odom is more of point guard becuase of the triangle. But dom playes the 4 other than the occaisonal 10 min a night at the three in certain matchups

IndiansFan337
06-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I am VERY surprised about this pick, considering they already have a raw, young big man in Wright. They also have a young big man in Biedrins, who is more proven. But I guess those previously mentioned guys will give Randolph the time he needs to add weight/muscle that he will need in order to succeed in the NBA.

I will be surprised if Randolph makes a big impact before his 3rd or 4th season in the NBA. This guy could very easily end up being just like Patrick O'Bryant was for the GSW the past few years.

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Who would you want in return...i've said this in every post now, but I'm extremely disappointed that RJ went to the Bucks for so cheap (seems to me like cheap, unproven bigman (Yi) plus another decent player coming off an injruy. I think the warriors could have done this trade easy, maybe cleared Al and saved some money too...coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Obviously this says something about what the league thinks about Brandan Wright. Yi obviously has more value than Wright. He was picked higher and played over Charlie V. All Wright has shown is that he needs to put on weight.

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 12:28 AM
In my opionion Randolph has the height of a 4, but the skills to play the 3. A nice dilemma to have. I liken Randolph to a more athletic Dunleavy without as good a shot.

Randolph will play where there is a mismatch regardless of position. Much like Al at times played Center against Yao(hey it worked).

I like the pick, but why Hendrix in the 2nd? The guy looks and plays like Ike Diogu, except probably not as good. I hope I'm wrong. Just seems odd that they would draft a guy who is very similar to a guy they traded a couple years ago.

lincecum=future
06-27-2008, 12:30 AM
I really like this pick. I thought he would of been long gone by the time we picked but we get a steal in Randolph. He should fit perfectly as a SF in this system but does need to bulk up a lot (along with Wright and Biedrins)

Saltinuts40
06-27-2008, 01:24 AM
We already have his clone in Brandan Wright. This pick seems to plan for the future somewhat. I guess time will tell. We still need another veteran big man to get us over the hump.

Randolph and Wright are worlds apart. Randolph is a cross between Tayshaun Prince and Chris Bosh. He won't be either, but he is a much more athletic forward who can eventually replace Stephen Jackson as a SF/PF who can defend. Brandan Wright will be more of a PF/C who can work with Randolph.

Regardless of what the end result is with Baron, Jack, Al, Buke, Barnes, and Mickael, we have a solid nucleus of young talent.

Monta Ellis, Marco Bellinelli, Anthony Randolph, Brandan Wright and Andris Biedrins.

Lincoln Logs
06-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Obviously this says something about what the league thinks about Brandan Wright. Yi obviously has more value than Wright. He was picked higher and played over Charlie V. All Wright has shown is that he needs to put on weight.

And the skills that prove that if he puts on more weight, like he has been doing this offseason, he could be a very, very good PF in the league. His left hook while in the paint is almost unblockable, and he has many other polished shots and moves, and his 7-5 wingspan makes him a ballhawk on the boards. Give him his minutes this year, and he will produce, like he did last year when he avgd more than 10 min a game. The experience and putting on weight will only make him better. After all, he's only 20.

You know TMAC, I haven't seen many experts saying he could be the next Chris Bosh. Could you show me where you got that information? Not that I'm saying your wrong, but I'd just like to see those impressions/analysis of him myself. B/c what I've been hearing mostly is that he could be an amazing SF, with the PF height and SF skills to present many mismatches.

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Every Power Forward in the league is tall and long. Brand, Boozer, Gasol, Tim Duncan, Aldridge, Luis Scola, Amare Stoudemire. These guys are just as long if not longer than Brandan Wright.

Most hooks are unblockable!!! Honestly, it's rare to get a jump hook blocked. Usually never happens. If you have post game and know how and when to perform the moves i.e. Drop steps, fake drop steps, up and unders, jump hooks, it's all a matter of getting position, and getting the mismatch.

Without at least 30 pounds of added weight, Wright is smaller than Brand, Nowitski, Wilcox, Duncan, Gasol, Amare, Aldridge, etc. Notice I'm only mentioning the Western conference, who have a murderers row of Power Forwards.

This is why I'm concerned about Brandan Wright he has to put on A LOT OF WEIGHT, at least 30 pounds!!! I'm just not sure his body is capable of doing that.

I just don't get why people are willing to wait on Brandan Wright, an unproven commodity, when we are 1 player, 1 big man away from being legitimate title contenders. Isn't that what we're playing for? People want to have their cake and eat it too, but sometimes that's just not possible. We have to give up some assets to get that proven, readhy to play Power Forward.

Tmac416
06-27-2008, 02:21 AM
And the skills that prove that if he puts on more weight, like he has been doing this offseason, he could be a very, very good PF in the league. His left hook while in the paint is almost unblockable, and he has many other polished shots and moves, and his 7-5 wingspan makes him a ballhawk on the boards. Give him his minutes this year, and he will produce, like he did last year when he avgd more than 10 min a game. The experience and putting on weight will only make him better. After all, he's only 20.

You know TMAC, I haven't seen many experts saying he could be the next Chris Bosh. Could you show me where you got that information? Not that I'm saying your wrong, but I'd just like to see those impressions/analysis of him myself. B/c what I've been hearing mostly is that he could be an amazing SF, with the PF height and SF skills to present many mismatches.

yea actualyl i could however if i find myself with absolutly nothing to do i will go reasearch and list every link to that. Alll the three talk has come now that he was drafted. If people thought he was strickly going to be a 3, there would not have been such a big deal about his weight and strength. I don thtink he is ever going to be a true 3. He wont have ever be able to shoot it like rashard lewis. I think what he can be is hybrid foawrd who will need to be out on the court with certain guys and situations to be succesful. If you thought wright didnt play much last year, wow just wait for randolph

Lincoln Logs
06-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Every Power Forward in the league is tall and long. Brand, Boozer, Gasol, Tim Duncan, Aldridge, Luis Scola, Amare Stoudemire. These guys are just as long if not longer than Brandan Wright.

Most hooks are unblockable!!! Honestly, it's rare to get a jump hook blocked. Usually never happens. If you have post game and know how and when to perform the moves i.e. Drop steps, fake drop steps, up and unders, jump hooks, it's all a matter of getting position, and getting the mismatch.

Without at least 30 pounds of added weight, Wright is smaller than Brand, Nowitski, Wilcox, Duncan, Gasol, Amare, Aldridge, etc. Notice I'm only mentioning the Western conference, who have a murderers row of Power Forwards.

This is why I'm concerned about Brandan Wright he has to put on A LOT OF WEIGHT, at least 30 pounds!!! I'm just not sure his body is capable of doing that.

I just don't get why people are willing to wait on Brandan Wright, an unproven commodity, when we are 1 player, 1 big man away from being legitimate title contenders. Isn't that what we're playing for? People want to have their cake and eat it too, but sometimes that's just not possible. We have to give up some assets to get that proven, readhy to play Power Forward.

So your saying that Wright is as long and has the same height as most Elite pfs in the game. Wright was 205 at the start of last season. He's been working extreamly hard to beef up more since then, and so could be around 230-235 by the start of this season, a pretty decent weight for a PF. He has an advanced offensive skill set,(i should of mentioned that unlike many other hooks, Wrights left more than likely finds the net, which makes him a go to scorer, along with a post game that continued to improve last year) and defense that also improved as the year went on. Combine his height, length, the added weight with his freakish athleticsm(stoudimire is the only player you listed with more athleticsm), and he has all the parts to be a dominant player in the game, a 20-10 man with more minutes, which he's been promised this year.

Of course, this is his potential, which he seems intent on achieving. If your scared that Wright will never reach it, and their is a chance he won't, I'd only be happy, and I think the Warriors would be as well, trading wright for a big powerful, 15-20 point 8-10 rebound man, who can play Nelson's system. To pry away a player like that, you would need to trade Wright, harrington, and probably one more consistant player or most likely Randolph or Bellinelli to get that good of a player. We'd probably be contenders, for a few years, but It's giving up alot of our future to get it. Not many teams like to part with quality players like that unless they get their money's worth in return.

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 03:36 AM
So your saying that Wright is as long and has the same height as most Elite pfs in the game. Wright was 205 at the start of last season. He's been working extreamly hard to beef up more since then, and so could be around 230-235 by the start of this season, a pretty decent weight for a PF. He has an advanced offensive skill set,(i should of mentioned that unlike many other hooks, Wrights left more than likely finds the net, which makes him a go to scorer, along with a post game that continued to improve last year) and defense that also improved as the year went on. Combine his height, length, the added weight with his freakish athleticsm(stoudimire is the only player you listed with more athleticsm), and he has all the parts to be a dominant player in the game, a 20-10 man with more minutes, which he's been promised this year.

Of course, this is his potential, which he seems intent on achieving. If your scared that Wright will never reach it, and their is a chance he won't, I'd only be happy, and I think the Warriors would be as well, trading wright for a big powerful, 15-20 point 8-10 rebound man, who can play Nelson's system. To pry away a player like that, you would need to trade Wright, harrington, and probably one more consistant player or most likely Randolph or Bellinelli to get that good of a player. We'd probably be contenders, for a few years, but It's giving up alot of our future to get it. Not many teams like to part with quality players like that unless they get their money's worth in return.

In the past I've mentioned Wright for David Lee on numerous occasions. Problem is, Knicks aren't interested in Wright.

You basically stated that Wright will gain 25-30 pounds in less than a year, as I don't recall any weight gain during the season or at the end of the year. This virtually impossible and would still be difficult on roids. I've seen roid monsters, and that 25-30 pounds in a year or less is a lot of weight to put on. Pipe dream. Honestly if you've ever worked out and put on some weight, you should also know that you lose some of the weight during the season(football, basketball, soccer, etc) because of the increased cardio. You also have to lift during the season, not heavy, but light to maintain what you've gained. There's where the dedication comes into play.

We shall see in a few weeks if Wright has spent some time in the weight room. If he's up to 220-225 I think that would be some great weight gain. 15-20 pounds is a lot of weight. Although it still would not be enough. I want to see at least some weight gain, and not hotdog weight, were talking muscle.

Let's hope for our teams sake everyone proves me wrong about Wright.

Lincoln Logs
06-27-2008, 04:00 AM
^ Now that I think about it, 25-30 does seem way to hard to achieve. I have worked out before for sports, but since I'm still growing and am converting fat into muscle, its easier for me to gain weight and strength than Wright, who's just adding muscle. So my bad on the exaggeration.

It does seem like there is room for more muscle on Wright though, and if he's been working out to gain muscle and strength since last season and really pushing it this off-season, 15-20 doesn't seem out of the question, and would still put him at a decent weight for a PF. 220-225 with his athleticsm and skills would still be very nice:)

CJ-Bay Area
06-27-2008, 05:30 AM
Randolph is a great fit for the Warriors and will work well in Nellies system but we have a duplicate in Wright... Randolph does have a better outside game which makes me think that they will deal Wright to strengthen other parts of our game because you cant have two of the same person at the same position... I think we should have taken the chance with Deandre Jordan who has the same build as DWIGHT HOWARD and he is just as Athletic which is why i think he Clippers got a steal... watch out for trades to come and we still have that 10 million dollar cap that we have to use by JULY 1ST...

Saltinuts40
06-27-2008, 10:26 AM

We don't need to shoot threes!!!!! Look at Monta Ellis, he has developed into one of the best shooters in the game, and he doesn't have to shoot from three. Randolph has a great mid range jumper, and if he is playing the 4 with Wright at the 5, than he can widen the defense out with shots from 15-18 feet.

Embrace the 18 footer!!!!!!!!!!!!

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
We don't need to shoot threes!!!!! Look at Monta Ellis, he has developed into one of the best shooters in the game, and he doesn't have to shoot from three. Randolph has a great mid range jumper, and if he is playing the 4 with Wright at the 5, than he can widen the defense out with shots from 15-18 feet.

Embrace the 18 footer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you as a player and a defensive player it was always harder for me to guard that player with a good pull up jumper as opposed to a good 3 point shot.

I would much rather have a money jumper than a 3 point shot. A jumper can be shot anywhere on the court, and can still cause the defensive to extend.

Thatruth32
06-27-2008, 11:21 AM
u think this could ever happen? in the future not this year maybe not even next.... but not to far down the road....

PG Monta
SG Marco
Sf Randolph
PF Wright
C Andris

Thats alot of talent and size....

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 11:35 AM
u think this could ever happen? in the future not this year maybe not even next.... but not to far down the road....

PG Monta
SG Marco
Sf Randolph
PF Wright
C Andris

That could happen, but the Trail Blazers roster looks a lot better. (They got Jerryd Bayless!!! If you don't know, he's a Monta Ellis clone!!!) We need to make a run this year!!! We need to trade for a PF. I'd give up Wright, Marco and part of our TPE for quality, proven, ready to play now Power Forward.

Thatruth32
06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
That could happen, but the Trail Blazers roster looks a lot better. (They got Jerryd Bayless!!! If you don't know, he's a Monta Ellis clone!!!) We need to make a run this year!!! We need to trade for a PF. I'd give up Wright, Marco and part of our TPE for quality, proven, ready to play now Power Forward.

i want the same thing as u a proven PF i know you have to give something to get something but if we gonna give up BW and marco... which is bascilly jrich and our 07 draft for a PF he better be a good one... not so sure why everbody wants to give up on BW so fast....

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 11:54 AM
i want the same thing as u a proven PF i know you have to give something to get something but if we gonna give up BW and marco... which is bascilly jrich and our 07 draft for a PF he better be a good one... not so sure why everbody wants to give up on BW so fast....

I don't want to get into my reasons with BW, but I'm not sure I'd give up all BW and Marco, but I would if we resign Azubuike. Marco makes Azubuike expendable and vice versa. We just have to keep one of those guys.

I would love to trade BW for David Lee. I would love to get Wilcox, but I wouldn't give up David Lee, because Wilcox is a free agent after next year, whereas David Lee we'll have for at least 2 years, or we can resign him after next year.

A young core of Monta, Biedrins, Randolph, Marco and David Lee is definitely not bad. All except Old mand David Lee(25 or 26) would be 22 or under.

lincecum=future
06-27-2008, 11:57 AM

PG Monta
SG Marco
Sf Randolph
PF Wright
C Andris

I see Belinelli as a good 6th man off the bench. I don't see him as our future starting SG but I really like the young pieces that we have.

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Naw,
I’d rather trade some of our young talent and go for a playoff run now!!! We need a Power Forward.

Besides the future is the TrailBlazers. Am I the only one whose pissed that the Trailblazers got the second coming of Monta Ellis in Jerryd Bayless!!!

TrailBlazer roster:
PG: Bayless, Blake, Sergio Rodriguez
SG: Roy, Rudy Fernandez
SF: Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster
PF: Aldridge, Channing Frye
C: Oden, Pyzbilla

They go 11 deep with a ridiculous average age(23) and All Star potential at every position!!! Insane!!! Just to top it off they also snag the 2nd best international prospect in 19 year old Nicolas Batum that they can stash over in Europe for a few years until Outlaw and/or Webster become free agents.

Thatruth32
06-27-2008, 12:11 PM
well im still holding out that we do something with the sign and trade by monday... wonder why they havent updated the articles on the site yet i wanted to read what they thought bout the draft...

SF Gigantes
06-27-2008, 01:25 PM

I thought the Trade Exception can not be combined with players? :confused:

I heard at least it has to the trade exception straight up for a player

djeller1139
06-27-2008, 01:37 PM

THANK YOU..i agree. Now especially we should make a move so we can contend NOW. Especially since we have Randolph and Wright, two guys who may pan out similar. I say we make a trade for a proven PF, and we allow one of our young guys to develop as an eventual successor for either Stephen Jackson or the new PF.

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I thought the Trade Exception can not be combined with players? :confused:

I heard at least it has to the trade exception straight up for a player

I thought it can't be traded straight up, but in a trade, the Dubs can take back more money, up to $10 mil. At any rate, with all the FA's, small contracts like Perovic, CJ Watson, it can work out.

Lincoln Logs
06-27-2008, 01:47 PM
At djeller and Garlic Boy:
But who would you trade Wright for? Chris Wilcox or Charlie Villanueva are not going be much of an upgrade over Wright or Harrington, and are really not the missing pieces to a championship team, especially since they are both pretty skinny themselves. I don't know what team is willing to trade away a 15-8 promising PF who's young, without getting Wright, Bellinelli, and future draft picks at least. I don't want a Jermaine O'Neil(even though he's already traded), who has more injury problems than Baron and a huge contract. To find the type of PF were looking for, young, pretty cheap, who can put up the above numbers, not many teams are going to be willing to part with a player like that. And Wright could become that player that we're looking for and more once he gets his minutes. So I don't really like the idea of trading Wright, unless we can get a player who can put up the same numbers Wright could. I have no idea why you guys all gave up on him so quickly.

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 01:48 PM
THANK YOU..i agree. Now especially we should make a move so we can contend NOW. Especially since we have Randolph and Wright, two guys who may pan out similar. I say we make a trade for a proven PF, and we allow one of our young guys to develop as an eventual successor for either Stephen Jackson or the new PF.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I'd rather keep Randolph since:
1.) He has more skills
2.) Has 1 more year remaining on a cheap rookie contract
3.) Can play now at 2/3 position
4.) Can take MP's, Barnes' and Azubuike's lost minutes if we lose them

Tmac416
06-27-2008, 03:28 PM
he is not more skilled than Wright. Wright is much much skilled in the post. Wright is the future at the PF and it will happpen this year. You guys think he needs to be gone but the fact is our coach and gm hapopen to reallly like the kid. he staying. You cant just go out get a Star PF when ever you feel like. there arnt really any availble right no

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
he is not more skilled than Wright. Wright is much much skilled in the post. Wright is the future at the PF and it will happpen this year. You guys think he needs to be gone but the fact is our coach and gm hapopen to reallly like the kid. he staying. You cant just go out get a Star PF when ever you feel like. there arnt really any availble right no

Trades are hard to come by, but what do you think of 25 year old double double man David lee who shoots 58% from the field and 80% from the foul line. Team player who works his tail off and doesn't demand teh ball.

Everybody things we need a BIG TIME scorer in the post, but we mainly need the defense and rebounding.

Look at the Celtics. 3 scores and 2 solid role player in their starting 5.
Bench scoring: House, Posey, Powe
Warriors scorers Jax, Baron, Monta. Role players, Lee and Biedrins.
Bench: Harrington, Azubuike, ?Marco, Barnes, Hendrix

Thatruth32
06-27-2008, 04:15 PM

yup yup....

djeller1139
06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Trades are hard to come by, but what do you think of 25 year old double double man David lee who shoots 58% from the field and 80% from the foul line. Team player who works his tail off and doesn't demand teh ball.

Everybody things we need a BIG TIME scorer in the post, but we mainly need the defense and rebounding.

Look at the Celtics. 3 scores and 2 solid role player in their starting 5.
Bench scoring: House, Posey, Powe
Warriors scorers Jax, Baron, Monta. Role players, Lee and Biedrins.
Bench: Harrington, Azubuike, ?Marco, Barnes, Hendrix

David Lee would be great to have at PF. He's young, and he is a hard worker who is a good shooter and rebounds well. Also, many of the Celtics bench players which helped them get a championship are going to be FA...what if we pick up Eddie House or someone? Posey will probably get offers from around the league. Last year it was rumored Pietrus for Posey when Pietrus wanted to play for Miami...we should have done that deal..What would it take to get David Lee?

Tmac416
06-27-2008, 04:28 PM
BTW, Radpolpoh has the worst PER(play efficeny rating) eveer for a first round pick. His PER was 9.5 most players under 12.5 dont go in teh first and dont ever make it. What was wrights? He was PER suggest he was worth the draft spot he was tekn. he was 16.11 PER. Tyrus Thoams who many liek to compare to Randopl had 16.23 as well. Randolph had the most turnovers out of all the players in the draft except for beasly and jason thompson both who had their teams completly rely on them and run the offense through them unlike randoplh. Look at this list of players since 2002 that did anythign in the nba with PER below 12.

Similarly, below 12.5 a player faces long odds in establishing his career regardless of where he's selected. Only Warrick, Brandon Bass, Carl Landry, Ryan Gomes, Darius Songaila, Matt Bonner and Brian Cook have become legitimate rotation players with a projected PER that low.

If below 12.5 is dicey, below 10 is virtually impossible -- Dan Gadzuric is the only one to do anything remotely substantial with a rating that low

Its pretty good, you can see the PER for past drafts and what those players went on to do and it is scary acurate. Its very scientific. it sums it syaing ranoplh is liek hitting on 19 in black jack. You might get the 2 and be a genious more than likly you will bust.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=DraftRater-080620

garlicboy
06-27-2008, 07:05 PM
TMac,
Well see how Randolph does in summer league. I guarantee this guy gets playing time during the season because he's a wing.

Tmac416
06-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Hye may be a wing soneday, right now his dribling and shooting is not like the other normal 3's. I dont seem playing much right out of the gate though.His PER for the 3 is 11.78. Its not good but it makes him draftable.15-38 players in the past with PER betwen 12 and 11 play some minutes in the NBA. Only two stuck in the league which are kevin martin and mo williams. Also a postive is that out of all the spots, wings have the best chance to buck these ratings. However theres really no one with an 11 that ever ever did anything.

Jimmy3702
06-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Can never have to many big men!!!

ejdacanay
06-28-2008, 12:24 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/ejdacanay/RandolphEJs.jpg

Lincoln Logs
06-28-2008, 12:50 AM
^ Haha very well done. :clap:

'cept his shorts are still purple!

tadmanny
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Why do people say he is a 3? he's 6'10 or 6'11....how does that make any sense?