PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Trade Idea to get Dwight in Chicago

JordansBulls
06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
The Bulls would like to see what you think about this scenario:
Bulls trade the #1 pick with Tyrus Thomas, Thabo and Joakim Noah and 1st round pick in 2010, 2012 and 2014 to Orlando for Dwight Howard?

Orlando Magic
PG Nelson/Dooling
SG Hedo/Thabo/Bogans
SF Lewis/Evans/Redick
PF Beasley/Tyrus
C Noah/Foyle

Chicago Bulls
PG Hinrich/Duhon
SG Gordon/Hughes
SF Deng/Brown/Simmons
PF Gooden/Nocioni
C Dwight/Gray

Would anyone do that deal?

*Superman*
06-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't understand why u would trade the #1 pick(derrick rose). he can be a real good player.
No, i would have denied that deal because Dwight is just to good to give up like that and who knows how many more dominant big men their will be. Plus we just resigned Dwight to like 5 more years. We can get way better people than that. Your right though, it is a crazy idea.

ManRam
06-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Maybe if we were rebuilding, but we aren't. That is quite an offer, but we are on the upswing, not the downswing, so Dwight isn't going anywhere.

That is probably one of the strongest offers any team could offer the Magic, but Dwight isn't going anywhere.

Chazm
06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
******** deal if you ask me

Reezy
06-27-2008, 11:45 AM
It is crazy, I would never do that.

Chris36Chambers
06-27-2008, 01:14 PM
I would do it...

Four 1st rounder w/ some really good young pieces for one player???? Thats a no branier, but The Bulls would never give up that much for a single player, not even for Jordan???

The most any team will trade for another player would be 2 1st rounders and a good young player, and someone w/ a big enough contract to make it work.

ManRam
06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I would do it...

Four 1st rounder w/ some really good young pieces for one player???? Thats a no branier, but The Bulls would never give up that much for a single player, not even for Jordan???

The most any team will trade for another player would be 2 1st rounders and a good young player, and someone w/ a big enough contract to make it work.

The two things that make it a no deal for the Magic are...

1st, we are on the upswing. Why all of a sudden make a move to build for the future, if the future is already here?

2nd, those first round picks are nice, but with Howard, they'd be bad first rounders, and since they are spread out, it would be near impossible to develop all those picks at the same time. It wouldn't ever work out. If it was 4 first rounders in one year's draft, then it's a different story.

Value-wise, it's an even deal, or may even favor the Magic. But it isn't a deal that really benefits them.

And...the Magic have a horrible track record when it comes to drafting players, unless they have the #1 pick. They'd probably go 0 for 3 with those future draft picks.

*Superman*
06-27-2008, 04:11 PM
The two things that make it a no deal for the Magic are...

1st, we are on the upswing. Why all of a sudden make a move to build for the future, if the future is already here?

2nd, those first round picks are nice, but with Howard, they'd be bad first rounders, and since they are spread out, it would be near impossible to develop all those picks at the same time. It wouldn't ever work out. If it was 4 first rounders in one year's draft, then it's a different story.

Value-wise, it's an even deal, or may even favor the Magic. But it isn't a deal that really benefits them.

And...the Magic have a horrible track record when it comes to drafting players, unless they have the #1 pick. They'd probably go 0 for 3 with those future draft picks.
I agree, that we don't need to rebuild. All we need to do is add a few more key pieces. Also 1st rounders are only good for us if the other team has really bad seasons. So if they win the championship every year, that has us getting the 30th pick every time.

michaellui11
06-28-2008, 04:49 AM
lol
bad for both teams

jbeezy
07-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Heck no. Its better to have a Franchise Center than a Franchise Power Forward