View Full Version : Hill done?

McJoe
06-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Aaron had another set back today and they sent him home

Jays' Hill suffers another setback

Jun 25, 2008 04:30 AM
MARK ZWOLINSKI
SPORTS REPORTER

Aaron Hill's battle with concussion symptoms took a turn for the worse yesterday and has thrown the Blue Jays second baseman's return into uncertainty.

Hill, struck on the head during a collision May 29 in Oakland, has been asked to remain at his Toronto home and have no contact with the team for at least two more weeks to aid his recovery.

There was some hope that Hill, whose health had shown improvement over the past week, was on the road to recovery. He paid a visit to the renowned head trauma clinic at the University of Pittsburgh last Thursday.

"We told him to stay away from everything for the next few weeks," Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi said yesterday.

Ricciardi acknowledged Hill's absence could be indefinite, but refused to speculate whether the popular player would be lost for the season.

In a recent interview on the Jays' MLB.com website, Hill expressed the difficulty he is having with the injury and how it has prompted concerns for his long-term health and the resumption of his baseball career.

Hill was running from his second base position toward right-centre field when the injury occurred. He was looking up to catch a shallow fly ball at the same time shortstop David Eckstein also was running toward the fly.

Neither saw the other when they collided. The impact was extreme, and Hill had to leave the game.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/448813

they arent expecting him back any time soon

Jays Notebook: Hill gone for 'long haul,' says Ricciardi
Posted: June 25, 2008, 2:26 AM by Noah Love
GTA, Baseball, MLB

The Toronto Blue Jays are planning on being without second baseman Aaron Hill for quite a while. Doctors have advised the 26-year-old to spend at least two weeks away from the team after finding recurring symptoms from the concussion he suffered in Oakland on May 29.

"The trainers told me he felt a little better today, that's going to be a long haul, I think," said Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi before Tuesday's game against the Reds.

Hill left Toronto's game against the A's after being run into by shortstop David Eckstein while fielding a fly ball, and Ricciardi says the resulting blow was made worse because it was like a sucker punch.

"He didn't have a chance to tighten his body up where the body absorbs the hit," said Ricciardi while explaining what experts have told him.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2008/06/25/jays-notebook-hill-gone-for-long-haul-says-ricciardi.aspx

ink
06-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Get well Aaron!

Zaunnie
06-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Koskie 2.0?

nstojic
06-26-2008, 11:13 AM
i disliked eckstein before this happened but this... i hate eckstein...

p.s. i know it wasn't intentional

malcolmclark
06-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't think he is done. I think he tried to come back to fast cause he wants to play. The 2 Weeks away from the team with rest should clear him. He will be back after All-Star Break.

R. Johnson#3
06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Damn that's bad news but right now Joe Inglett is on fire.

H-MYK
06-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Get well Aaron. Hopefully, Inglett will continue to do what he's doing.

statquo
06-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Inglett is doing a deadly job, so hopefully they take their time with Hilly and get him healthy.

bomber0104
06-27-2008, 02:41 AM
damn i hate condussions

T.O.Bombinators
06-27-2008, 05:58 PM
inglet is doing pretty good so aaron can take his time and come back 100%

Ragun
06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Damn taht sucks...get well soon hill.

scotttube
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Jeff Blair gave his traditionally pessimistic opinion on the radio today and said he did not think Aaron Hill would be playing baseball again in 2008.

McJoe
06-30-2008, 04:25 PM
^^thats what the article suggests actually i think

ratboy
07-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Hill collides with Eckstein and may be gone for the season and Doc takes a screaming line drive to the head and makes his next start. It goes to show you that you never know.