PDA

View Full Version : Whats Next ???

The Claw
06-25-2008, 10:26 PM
MLE to sign that either vet PG(anthony Carter), slasher SF(Lou Williams) or anothe big(Diop)

or then maybe another trade, LOL

ramz.n
06-25-2008, 10:27 PM
would like a big man as an insurance for O'neal..Diop or Kurt Thomas would be nice additions.

argo
06-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Gotta be a SF with the MLE or trade.
We should be alright at PG and SG with Calderon, Ukic, Parker, Delfino.

ramz.n
06-25-2008, 10:38 PM
delfino might not be back..

argo
06-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Chalmers would be a nice late pick (if we get one) to fill in at pg/sg

ink
06-25-2008, 10:50 PM
delfino might not be back..

If I was Delfino, I'd want to play with this team. :D

AK-50
06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
yea i would like to keep Delfino when he son his game he can really play and he can run the offense because of his experience as Argentina's PG in the past

Acekicker123
06-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Ricky Davis would be a nice addition.

AgentViet
06-25-2008, 11:03 PM

Hell no, I don't want cancer on this team.

I think we should train Bargnani to develop some speed to play 3. I could see him being a better version of Peja, and he played some big minutes at SF in his rookie year. Or we can try to flip him with other pieces for a top notch SF like RJ.

carruthers32
06-25-2008, 11:07 PM
i think we should use the MLE on a PG like Chris Duhon, having two solid PG's are vital.

argo
06-25-2008, 11:14 PM
PG: Calderon/ Ukic
SG: Parker/ Delfino/ Kapono
SF: Moon/ ?
PF: Bosh/ Bargnani/ Humphries
C: O'Neal/ ?

Kapono and Delfino haven't looked good at the 3, and Bargnani's natural position is the 4.

I think we should use Kapono and Bargnani as trade bait to get more athletic and tougher at the 3 and 5 spots respectively.

If we want another PG, that leaves three holes to be filled... PG, SF, and C. One trade, one draft pick, and the MLE.

IRUAM #21
06-25-2008, 11:20 PM

Are you kidding me ???? the only reason i watched heat games this year is bcuz i was counting down the days till he became a free agent lmao

Fion
06-25-2008, 11:29 PM
i think we should use the MLE on a PG like Chris Duhon, having two solid PG's are vital.

I dont know if duhon is worth the mid level expection, but we need a talented backup. I dont know if roko will come Nba ready at the level we need and expect. Going after a backup might not be a bad idea.

JaysAddict43
06-25-2008, 11:40 PM
An SF or a C would be nice, but a trade will be better :)

dirtybird
06-25-2008, 11:42 PM
I would try my best to snag Josh Childress. The Hawks are going to keep Smith and they have Williams as well, so it makes sense for them to see what they can get for Childress. I don't know maybe a sign & trade for a future 1st and expirings (which is one of the reasons that I didn't want the Raptors to buy out Garbajosa yet). They might have to include Hump to make the salaries work.

argo
06-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I would try my best to snag Josh Childress. The Hawks are going to keep Smith and they have Williams as well, so it makes sense for them to see what they can get for Childress. I don't know maybe a sign & trade for a future 1st and expirings (which is one of the reasons that I didn't want the Raptors to buy out Garbajosa yet). They might have to include Hump to make the salaries work.

Childress is a nice player, does a lot of things well and is a good character guy. I'd still like to see them get someone tougher at SF - to guard the Lebron's and Pierce's.

carruthers32
06-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I also like Mikeal Pietrus

argo
06-26-2008, 12:08 AM
I agree, I like Pietrus. He might be the best option for our MLE. i know he's a decent 3pt shooter, and a good slasher... does anyone know if he's capable of being a lockdown defender?

dirtybird
06-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Depending on whether there are any other moves and which areas the team needs to shore up, I would consider spending some money on Diop (especially if Bargnani gets traded in another deal). He would be a good backup big who will give you D and rebounding (kind of like Perkins for the Celtics).

argo
06-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Depending on whether there are any other moves and which areas the team needs to shore up, I would consider spending some money on Diop (especially if Bargnani gets traded in another deal). He would be a good backup big who will give you D and rebounding (kind of like Perkins for the Celtics).

Diop would be dope. I wonder what his market value is?
BC will add more toughness somewhere, hopefully at the 3 and 5.
I still think they'll fill the back up center spot with a late draft pick acquired somehow... this is the draft to do it.

Mcnabb_vision
06-26-2008, 02:15 AM
if we get diop..that will be huge..been a fan of dude since cleaveland..so i hope we get him..and we need a better scoring gaurd, i kno if we trade kapono n some one else,we can get a decent player or maybe even a decent pick...?

Fion
06-26-2008, 02:25 AM
if we get diop..that will be huge..been a fan of dude since cleaveland..so i hope we get him..and we need a better scoring gaurd, i kno if we trade kapono n some one else,we can get a decent player or maybe even a decent pick...?

player? maybe, pick no. not a pick high enough to be worth it.

Mcnabb_vision
06-26-2008, 02:30 AM
at the moment, ill be happy if the raptors get a second rounder or a late first rounder...if they get any gaurd, i want it 2 be eddie house...his defense would help us, and hes a shooter, so he will get along with the teams flow

khanraymond
06-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Humphris is probably the addition player involved in the trade - or Graham and Basten (probably not - since the report said one additional player).

Most teams like 5 front court players and 3 PG.
Last season we had Bosh, Rasho, Bragnani, Humphris and Basten - front court
and at the PG - Ford, Calderon, and Martin.

Duhon won't command a full MLE - more like 3 million a year (that's what Toronto signed him with before and was matched by the Bulls - if the Bulls select Rose, I'm sure they won't match any offers to Duhon).

Also, Toronto needs to go after a Veteran PG thats cheap to play 3rd string - Darell Armstrong.

Front court - with Bosh, O'Neal, Bragnani and Basten - they will need to add one more - Kurt Thomas, Melvin Ely, JMags or try and get into the draft and grab Robin Lopez.

We have Parker, Delfino (whos option was picked up - so he's staying for at least one season), Kapono, Moon, and Graham - which creates a small problem at the SG/SF - which is we really can't sign a FA (since most of the money will be directed to 2 PG and F/C).
Parker, Delfino and Kapono all showed that they are only effective at the SG - Moon was solid at the SF and Graham did his best keeping the Bench from sliding onto the court.

There as been talks of Kapono going to Miami for Halsem - which is interesting.
Also, Clevelands #19 pick is available. The Cavs really need a better 3PT shooter better than Wally.

Some say the reason Raptors gave up their 17th pick is cause the person they really want will be available later - the only two players i can think of - Bantum and R. Lopez.

Seattle's 24th and 32nd pick are interesting as well.

New Jersey's 21st pick and Marcus Williams - who had a sub-par year - may also be another option.

Also the Sun's 15th pick is interesting - the Sun's have to win now - this is probably the last year they can put something together with Shaq and Nash in their starting lineup - so do they really want a rook. Shaq said he missed Kapono and Posey, before he was traded to the Suns (maybe cause Miami didn't have any shooters).

hades
06-26-2008, 03:08 AM
kapono is too good of a shooter to be traded. BC wont trade him. I wouldnt trade him.

BC spent so much on bargs, he's not about to pull the plug now that JO is here and bargs could learn a lot from him.

Id hope BC would spend that MLE on somone like pietrus, he can shoot and a much better defender than moon / delfino / kapono

is brezec a free agent?

np6526
06-26-2008, 04:16 AM
how about bargs, ap, and hump for richard jefferson?

we'd have the sickest/most versatile starting 5 (although our bench would need some work)

Calderon
RJ
Moon
Bosh
O'neal

.....my mouth is watering :D

pebloemer
06-26-2008, 08:57 AM

Childress would be a great addition.

ramz.n
06-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I agree, I like Pietrus. He might be the best option for our MLE. i know he's a decent 3pt shooter, and a good slasher... does anyone know if he's capable of being a lockdown defender?

he is not a lockdown defender...he played for a team which was 1 dimensional and lead the league in opponents points per game...i don't think he is capable of being this lock down defender we need..wish we still had Mo Pete =(..even though his production was down...he had a pretty nice shot..he was clutch for us..he was def a fan favourite..and he was our best defender a while back

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 09:18 AM

i love ricky davis, always have I dont know why.

I think the raps will try to sign Roger Mason Jr. Bring him back to TO to back up Calderon.

ramz.n
06-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Do you guys think we could pull a Bobcats move...the bobcats earlier on traded there first round pick in 2009 protected for the 20th pick this year...with the team we have right now..if we are projected to be a playoff team that makes it pass the first round..i think our first pick next year will be in the range of 20+..are you guys willing to trade our future pick for a draft pick this year?

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Hoopshype mentions that Marion is still in the mix with the raptors. I have no idea what this means yet because hoppshype has yet to be updated.

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Humphris is probably the addition player involved in the trade - or Graham and Basten (probably not - since the report said one additional player).

Duhon won't command a full MLE - more like 3 million a year (that's what Toronto signed him with before and was matched by the Bulls - if the Bulls select Rose, I'm sure they won't match any offers to Duhon).

Also, Toronto needs to go after a Veteran PG thats cheap to play 3rd string - Darell Armstrong.

Front court - with Bosh, O'Neal, Bragnani and Basten - they will need to add one more - Kurt Thomas, Melvin Ely, JMags or try and get into the draft and grab Robin Lopez.

We have Parker, Delfino (whos option was picked up - so he's staying for at least one season), Kapono, Moon, and Graham - which creates a small problem at the SG/SF - which is we really can't sign a FA (since most of the money will be directed to 2 PG and F/C).
Parker, Delfino and Kapono all showed that they are only effective at the SG - Moon was solid at the SF and Graham did his best keeping the Bench from sliding onto the court.

Also, Clevelands #19 pick is available. The Cavs really need a better 3PT shooter better than Wally.

Some say the reason Raptors gave up their 17th pick is cause the person they really want will be available later - the only two players i can think of - Bantum and R. Lopez.

New Jersey's 21st pick and Marcus Williams - who had a sub-par year - may also be another option.

Also the Sun's 15th pick is interesting - the Sun's have to win now - this is probably the last year they can put something together with Shaq and Nash in their starting lineup - so do they really want a rook. Shaq said he missed Kapono and Posey, before he was traded to the Suns (maybe cause Miami didn't have any shooters).

Bring back Roger Mason JR. for the back up PG position how much money can he possibly make? I liked him his first go around in TO.

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 09:32 AM
kapono is too good of a shooter to be traded. BC wont trade him. I wouldnt trade him.

BC spent so much on bargs, he's not about to pull the plug now that JO is here and bargs could learn a lot from him.

Id hope BC would spend that MLE on somone like pietrus, he can shoot and a much better defender than moon / delfino / kapono

is brezec a free agent?

I would keep Primoz if it cost us nothing
he is crazy I love him.

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Wow Marion and Rip Hamilton are be discussed as other trade options for the raps. Rip seems more likely because of his salary though.. Imagine Rip on our team..

There also were reports yesterday the Raptors have talked with the Detroit Pistons about a deal that would net Pistons shooting guard Richard Hamilton, though the Pistons are holding out for Jose Calderon.

"Bryan is talking to everyone," one Eastern Conference front-office source said. "He's trying to trade to make his team better."

It was interesting in that context that Colangelo, noting that his club needs both wing scoring - "We've talked about finding a legitimate 20-point scorer at the wing position" - and more toughness made reference to wiry Hamilton, who has averaged 20.8 points in 116 career playoff games.

"[The Pistons] mentally, are a very tough team," Colangelo said. "Rip Hamilton is not a big strong guy, but he's a pretty tough kid."

Globe and Mail

HoopsMachine
06-26-2008, 09:43 AM
I dont know if duhon is worth the mid level expection, but we need a talented backup. I dont know if roko will come Nba ready at the level we need and expect. Going after a backup might not be a bad idea.

I think he should be fine... we just need someone who can play 10-15 minutes to spell Calderon. I expect Calderon as a full-time starter to avg 30-35 minutes a game. Also with our new acquisition in Oneal... it's not terribly difficult to dump a pass down low to either Bosh or Oneal and from what I have seen Ukic is a good passer

Durant is hype
06-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Wow Marion and Rip Hamilton are be discussed as other trade options for the raps. Rip seems more likely because of his salary though.. Imagine Rip on our team..

Globe and Mail

Theres no way we give up Calderon for Hamilton.

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 09:50 AM
i have a question

how do i add a picture/words at the bottom of my messages like you guys got going there?

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 09:52 AM
i have a question

how do i add a picture/words at the bottom of my messages like you guys got going there?

Click the User CP at the top of your page and than go to change signature.

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Theres no way we give up Calderon for Hamilton.

Thats what they were talking about, it would of course not be for calderon, maybe its something else.

argo
06-26-2008, 10:00 AM

Out of all the players to be thrown in, I hope it's not Humphries... he's our toughest player.

I don't know if Duhon's situation would be that much different here than in Chicago... he might even get more time splitting with a rookie, especially if Hinrich is gone, than playing behing Calderon, Parker, Ukic, and Delfino. My guess is someone needs an experienced starting guard might take a chance on him with a MLE.
A Darrel Armstrong would be nice, or a Lindsay Hunter - a good character guy who is a lockdown defender and won't cry if he doesn't get much minutes behind Calderon and, hopefully, Ukic.

You're right on about the front court. We need to pick up some toughness and rebounding here, either via trade, FA - Diop, or in a center-deep draft I like R.Lopez, Koufos and Hibbert - to learn from JO.

There is a logjam at sg/sf... Parker, Delfino (who still might get a better offer elsewhere), Kapono, Moon, and Graham. I'd like to see them hold on to Parker and Delfino - sg's, and Moon - sf. I'd use Kapono, Graham, maybe Bargnani, or the MLE to get tougher and more athletic at sf - someone who can guard Lebron and Pierce.

I don't like Kapono for Haslem... unless Bargs and Humphries go somwhere, we don't need another PF.

I think the Sun's will take Rush if he's still around when they pick... he's the most NBA ready draft pick on their radar that can step in and contribute right away.

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Thanks A million

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 10:05 AM
we had hunter back in the day i hated him!

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATED him!

im starting my bring back roger mason campaign! :clap:

ink
06-26-2008, 10:13 AM
i have a question

You need 100 posts. He's close.

argo
06-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Hoopshype mentions that Marion is still in the mix with the raptors. I have no idea what this means yet because hoppshype has yet to be updated.

Marion? Do we have money for him with JO?
Getting him would spell championship for the raps. Of all the guys mentined, he can guard the SF, and he grabs mad rebounds.

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Marion? Do we have money for him with JO?
Getting him would spell championship for the raps. Of all the guys mentined, he can guard the SF, and he grabs mad rebounds.

Im not sure if it would work but we would have the money to maybe add a guy like hamilton who has a decent price tag.

argo
06-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Im not sure if it would work but we would have the money to maybe add a guy like hamilton who has a decent price tag.

Hamilton would be nice, great scorer.. not the greatest defender though.

star
06-26-2008, 10:41 AM
SLOW DOWN ...

there are talks of adding RIP or MARION .. STILL? or is this prior to JO?

What could we possibly trade ... we have nothing left besides moon or parker and future 1st.

Is it possible to flip Oneil? Is that what they are thinking?

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 10:47 AM
SLOW DOWN ...

What could we possibly trade ... we have nothing left besides moon or parker and future 1st.

Im guessing something along the lines of draft picks and expiring contracts. No the Hamilton and Marion talk occured after the JO deal went down. I think Rip maybe likely more than marion because of contracts. I think O'neal will be here for a while though. He aint officially on our team until july 9th.

Acekicker123
06-26-2008, 10:47 AM
SLOW DOWN ...

Bargnani?

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Bargnani?

Thats what I was thinking it maybe but I dont know because the salaries are the issue. Toronto needs to account for 10 million that hamilton makes.

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 10:54 AM
What about this.

The Clippers will bypass giving Shaun Livingston a $5.8-million qualifying offer due July 1, making him an unrestricted free agent.

ESPN rumours section.

Livingston was projected to be an allstar pg before the injuries, I say we go for him in Free agency.

Acekicker123
06-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Anyone have an update on those ESPN blockbuster rumors? Supposedly centering about Bargs?

argo
06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Bargs for Marion would be sweet if we could make it work financially. Wouldn't do it for Hamilton tho.

Acekicker123
06-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Marion makes way too much money. Up around $17M.

Hamilton on the other hand is only around $10M so that could work.

Jefferson would be another nice target, costing only $13M.

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Anyone have an update on those ESPN blockbuster rumors? Supposedly centering about Bargs?

nothing yet, here it on a podcast. So still waiting for some written proof. We can only wait and see, hopefully something develops.

B2B
06-26-2008, 11:22 AM
SLOW DOWN ...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2010~635~510&teams=14~14~14~28&te=&cash=

The 2nd trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2759~635~1006&teams=17~17~17~28&te=&cash=

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 11:23 AM
the only player left on the raptors that make money are Kapono and parker and i really dont think the raps can trade another 3 players to land marion..

it would probably cost salary wise, Parker, Kapono and another player and i dont think its really worth trading everything away we still need a bench,

ramz.n
06-26-2008, 11:24 AM
When is Rips contract up..if by 2010 it would be awesome..

argo
06-26-2008, 11:25 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2010~635~510&teams=14~14~14~28&te=&cash=

I like it. I'd miss Parker though, what about a sign and trade with Delfino?

JaysAddict43
06-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't know if you guys heard but Livingston might be available, a young quick pg he would be interesting but i think Ukic can hold up the fort. As for not having a draft this year? What happens now Since I thought Mile High and Bob were talking about how they need a first rounder.. so how does this all make sense? and I doubt it was Humphries traded since B.C. was noted saying in his pre-draft interview that Humphries is there toughest player at a young age and can develop into something special. I hope its Graham..

ramz.n
06-26-2008, 11:31 AM
BC and The "Godfather" have such high expectations for this guy..as much as that deal could be a possibility i don't think they would pull the trigger if it was offered.

B2theRY
06-26-2008, 11:32 AM
AP for Marvin Williams.

yay get it done BC!

I have a feeling AP wont be in the NBA this upcoming season

Ragun
06-26-2008, 11:33 AM

The 2nd trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2759~635~1006&teams=17~17~17~28&te=&cash=

2nd trade I doubt will happen at the moment because JG i believe is headed to Indiana but the first trade is possible.

Ragun

Meh not really. he is like 31 already.

Acekicker123

Yup, 2010.

B2B
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Marion makes alot of sense because he can also cover duty at the pf spot.

With the recent news that we aqcuired the 41st pick my assumption is it's (Jawai)

O'Neal/Bosh/Hump/Jawai
Bosh/O'Neal/Marion/Hump/Graham
Marion/Moon/Graham
Delfino/?/Ukic
Calderon/Ukic/?

The Suns east

O'Neal = Shaq
Bosh = Amare
Marion = Well Marion
Delfino = Bell
Calderon = Nash light

Sign maybe Pietrus at SG or :pray: J.r Smith

Sign Lindsey Hunter mle

Or sign a combo guard for the full 4-6mil left?.

If we trade with NJ

O'Neal/Bosh/Hump/#41 (Jawai)
Bosh/O'Neal/Hump/#21 (JJ.Hickson)
Jefferson/Moon/Kapono
Delfino/?/Ukic
Calderon/Ukic/?

The Marion trade is better because he can play PF aswell wich would give us more depth than if we get Jefferson but I see both as options.

B2B
06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
2nd trade I doubt will happen at the moment because JG i believe is headed to Indiana but the first trade is possible.

I thought so to but the players in the Indiana trade r

{Rasho,TJ,Baston, #17}

Which makes Marion still a possibility.

argo
06-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Joey Graham is such a mystery... he's exactly what we need physically - a big, strong, athletic SF. It's really too bad he doesn't have good Basketball IQ.

Acekicker123
06-26-2008, 11:39 AM

It's Baston, not Graham. ESPN has already confirmed it.

ramz.n
06-26-2008, 11:42 AM
i told you...he was born to play football..he could still be a factor if he got some playing time..but i don't think Smitch likes him..he has proven when he has been given playing time that he could contribute to this team

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Joey Graham is such a mystery... he's exactly what we need physically - a big, strong, athletic SF. It's really too bad he doesn't have good Basketball IQ.

I know he has the athletic tools to be a star.. I just wish he could of put it together. I still would like to keep him though.

Acekicker123
06-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Via Doug Smith's blog: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Is he done?

Not by a longshot.

Even as we were digesting Jermaine O’Neal, there was a flurry of activity in the Raptor offices until late, late last night and there’s every chance Bryan Colangelo’s got a few things up his sleeve.

Not a lot of downtime time today, it seems.

Word was he’s working on getting another pick – maybe two – in tonight’s draft to find people to groom for the future.

There are no details, of course, but it’s obvious around the league (see New Orleans, Denver) that picks are for sale and available.

What they’d like to do, I surmise (and surmise is all we’re going to get until tonight, I fear) is find a way to draft a young big man, maybe stash him in Europe for a year or two and hope he’s ready when O’Neal’s contract expires.

Not sure what he’s got to offer player-wise (I don’t imagine they’re clamouring for the other of Maceo Baston and Joey Graham) but I could see Hump being in discussions and maybe there’s another GM out there sniffing, too.

ramz.n
06-26-2008, 11:48 AM
if BC can trade Hoffa for someone who actually produced like Humphries...i can't imaginw what he could possibly get for Humphries..just think of the possibilities :D

Mile High Champ
06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Via Doug Smith's blog: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

thanks for the update, forgot to check his blog today...:D

Raptors27
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=635~2797&teams=1~28&te=&cash=

How about this, gives the hawks some vet experience and we get a legit SF.

Acekicker123
06-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Some very good insight into the Raptors situation: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=241713

The Claw
06-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Now July 1 is next.

Such an excitement !!!

The Claw
06-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Here is the tentative make-up of the team at this point:

PG: Calderon/Ukic/Delfino(he proved last year that he can man the point too)
SG: Parker
SF: Kapono/Moon/Graham
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C : O'Neal/Bargs/Nathan Jawai

So here are the most pressing needs :

1.Vet PG
2.Combo Guard (possibly someone who can break defenses)
3.SF(slasher/perimeter defender that can guard the superstars 3 of this league)
4.C

IMO the priority would be: No.2 and No.3

your thoughts ...

dirtybird
06-27-2008, 07:44 PM
I think that the Raptors are planning on bringing Jawai to Toronto this season, so that leaves 3 spots open. All I'm hoping from him is to be some version of Diop and I would be happy.

I think that the Raptors might be well served to target one or two of the draft prospects that went undrafted (e.g Calathes or Davon Jefferson) and signing a backup PG. Part of me thinks that Delfino is gone next season. I don't think that the Raptors will be looking to use the full MLE.

Fion
06-28-2008, 03:39 AM
I think that the Raptors are planning on bringing Jawai to Toronto this season, so that leaves 3 spots open. All I'm hoping from him is to be some version of Diop and I would be happy.

I think that the Raptors might be well served to target one or two of the draft prospects that went undrafted (e.g Calathes or Davon Jefferson) and signing a backup PG. Part of me thinks that Delfino is gone next season. I don't think that the Raptors will be looking to use the full MLE.

i heard they leave jawai over for a bit, where did u hear this>?

hades
06-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Here is the tentative make-up of the team at this point:

PG: Calderon/Ukic/Delfino(he proved last year that he can man the point too)
SG: Parker
SF: Kapono/Moon/Graham
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C : O'Neal/Bargs/Nathan Jawai

So here are the most pressing needs :

1.Vet PG
2.Combo Guard (possibly someone who can break defenses)
3.SF(slasher/perimeter defender that can guard the superstars 3 of this league)
4.C

IMO the priority would be: No.2 and No.3

your thoughts ...

3 players in my mind that would be a great addition and could excel in a raptor system are:

1. matt barnes (a decent defender )
2. k. azuibuke (another hungry player from the develepment league)
3. M. pietrus (a slasher who needs playing time to prove critics wrong)

its funnyhow they all play for the warriors. and they wont cost much too.

id also like to see chris duhon on our roster next year, i think his a solid fit on our team and good back up to calderon.

who do u think is better??

DELFINO vs M. Pietrus??

i think pietrus is more athletic but id pick azuibuke anytime (over pietrus and delfino) for his hunger.

nads83
06-28-2008, 07:58 AM
makes no sense to have JO and BOSH and CAL, play alongside inconsistant wings. we need a proven scorer at 2 or 3. parker is 33, moon should be focused on blcking shots and rebounding, delfino is very inconsistant you never know what your gonna get, kapono will knock down open shots and nothing more. collectivly thats great, but you can have all 4 of them on the floor together. the JO trade is pointless unless we add a proven scorer. trade the 091st rnder if need be, we already took on JO's 21mil and shakey knee, you have to go all in now

B2theRY
06-28-2008, 02:05 PM
delfino will be gone, he can make way more money in europe..

if they can sign a bonzi wells or ricky davis i think that would be a good start..

raptor fan
06-28-2008, 05:02 PM
here's my plan for the offseason. i think we can expect one more trade to acquire a starting SF before the beginning of the season. I think a cheap option would be al harrington.

1) Jason Kapono and Joey Graham for Al Harrington

Jason would play great in the warriors system, while we get the SF we need.

2) Resign Jose Calderon

3) Resign Rasho to 1 year 3M contract

4) Sign Darell Armstrong to Vet Minimum

5) Sign Bostjan Nachbar, and Walter Hermann with the remaining MLE

6) Sign Gary Forbes to the league minimum

Lineup next year:

PG: Jose Calderon/Darrell Armstrong/Roko Ukic
SG: Anthony Parker/Gary Forbes
SF: Al Harrington/Bostjan Nachbar/Walter Hermann
PF: Chris Bosh/Kris Humphries
C: Jermaine O’neal/Andrea Bargnani/Rasho Nesterovic

i think this is the type of lineup BC wants. Most of the guys in this lineup can play multiple positions, so Sam will have a lot of different options during games.

T.O-Fan
06-28-2008, 05:55 PM
delfino is leaving ...parker will probebly leave for the money too..i would love to make a trader for ron artest but we dont have the peices..we would have to give few peices to get him and i dont think we have taht and if we do we will have like 6 spots open to fill after that and we cant do that...van gundy said said the raptors wil make another trade and im hoping hes right but i dont know if we have enough peices to make another trade

dirtybird
06-28-2008, 06:25 PM
3) Resign Rasho to 1 year 3M contract

So how exactly do the Raptors sign Rasho when he's on the Pacers roster? They aren't just going to cut him. They'll either play him or use him in a trade. Alot of your plan is just wishful thinking.

T.O-Fan
06-28-2008, 06:44 PM
So how exactly do the Raptors sign Rasho when he's on the Pacers roster? They aren't just going to cut him. They'll either play him or use him in a trade. Alot of your plan is just wishful thinking.

im not sure if hes following the raptors or pacers..lol

Fion
06-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Parker wont be leaving from everything i heard. If parker did leave, then imo its pretty clear we should resign delfino.

_Sn1P3r_
06-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Phew.. I hope Parker doesn't leave. Excellent shooter and defender.

B2theRY
06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
parker wont leave.. he will play out the year then leave.
they are offering him $3M more a season in europe.

Ragun
06-29-2008, 02:49 PM
parker wont leave.. he will play out the year then leave.
they are offering him $3M more a season in europe.

with a guaranteed long term contract.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Parker can't leave he has a contract. There are rules. Delfino is a RFA so he can go if he wants. And most likely will.

What about Delonte West? He shouldn't command much money and he'd be a perfect combo guard here. He's a tough Defender. Can play SG and PG so he's a two for one backup. I don't mind him getting 25+ minutes with his defense and ball movement.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 03:29 PM
And am i the only one who didn't hate Primo Brezec. I kno he's not a rebounder but off the bench he wouldn't be bad to bring back. He's a Rasho type player. And it's a resigning so we don't need to use the MLE or Vet Min. Correct?

The Claw
06-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I think at this point, it is a must that the raptors need a perimeter defender SF that has a decent offensive skills, just like a Posey for Boston, Prince for Detroit, Bowen for San Antonio. Someone that can shut down the explosive 3 of the opposing teams. There were so many games last year that the raps got burn by the superstar SF.

The raptors should protect the outside since they already have Bosh and O'Neal to shut down the inside.

raptor fan
06-29-2008, 06:25 PM

its been rumored that once the deal is complete, the pacers will cut rasho. if that is the case, i suggested that we try and sign him.

D.Pumps
06-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I hope Everyone realizes That neither of our Starting Wing players would start on any other Playoff team in the league.

MAYBE Parker plays SG for Orlando. Literally thats it tho. We have to make an upgrade.

deaner
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
OK, some of you, if not all may call me crazy... but this thought occurred to me today... maybe BC didn't target JO... maybe it was the best option in finding TJ and new home and getting the real tradable asset in place. Because he did this trade early enough... he has time to find a 3rd party... or maybe the team he wants to deal with... didn't want TJ.

Now BC has time to put a three way in place. I can think of a team who is desperate for a center, whom really wants 2010 cap space, and has newly acquired assets they may not be totally sold on.... and they are in the same state as a team that has a dominate center in "superman". The flaw between teams becomes exaggerated due to proximity. IMHO

It ends up being TJ for Beasley!!!! via JO.... plus additional assets. Anyone think this is a valid thought and care to fill in the shopping list from Miami in a JO/Beasley deal?

I hope no one has purchased their O'Neil #7 jersey yet! :)

After reading a bunch of posts here... I just think BC will not trade Bargs and has little to no space to build a "proper" team and fill out the roster. This move would give the raptors a much better shot at a healthy/young/complete team.

khanraymond
06-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I say Shaun Livingston and Josh Childress.

Starting lineup - Calderon, Parker, Childress, Bosh, O'Neil
Rotation players - Roko, Livingston, Kapono, Moon and Bragnani
Bench - Graham, Humphris, Jawaii

acm007
06-29-2008, 11:20 PM
OK, some of you, if not all may call me crazy... but this thought occurred to me today... maybe BC didn't target JO... maybe it was the best option in finding TJ and new home and getting the real tradable asset in place. Because he did this trade early enough... he has time to find a 3rd party... or maybe the team he wants to deal with... didn't want TJ.

Now BC has time to put a three way in place. I can think of a team who is desperate for a center, whom really wants 2010 cap space, and has newly acquired assets they may not be totally sold on.... and they are in the same state as a team that has a dominate center in "superman". The flaw between teams becomes exaggerated due to proximity. IMHO

It ends up being TJ for Beasley!!!! via JO.... plus additional assets. Anyone think this is a valid thought and care to fill in the shopping list from Miami in a JO/Beasley deal?

After reading a bunch of posts here... I just think BC will not trade Bargs and has little to no space to build a "proper" team and fill out the roster. This move would give the raptors a much better shot at a healthy/young/complete team.

thats crazy, give it up already, we arent getting beasly and it doesnt even make sense to get beasly. plus, JO and bosh already talked bout JO coming here, this isnt some video game. in fact, i think this team is just confused right now. they are no longer young and no longer old. they are getting closer to becoming a contender but are still 1-2 pieces away. is it time to go all in and trade our projects for proven players? and even if u do that, what are the chances of winning? im really regretting jefferson cuz he would have been perfect, he was not old and scores tons.

B2theRY
06-29-2008, 11:31 PM
its been rumored that once the deal is complete, the pacers will cut rasho. if that is the case, i suggested that we try and sign him.

he wont come back here.. if he does
we have to move Barg to SF and keep him there.

Rotate CB4, JO and Rasho between PF and C. One of JO and CB have to be on the floor at all times its going to be fun to watch... i really believe JO will be fine this year i think it was a losing season last year he knew he wouldnt be back so he was like screw it ill just rehab and be ready next season.. ill take 70 games from the guy.

B2theRY
06-29-2008, 11:31 PM

I hope no one has purchased their O'Neil #7 jersey yet! :)

and who doenst love a 3-way :D

deaner
06-29-2008, 11:35 PM
thats crazy, give it up already, we arent getting beasly and it doesnt even make sense to get beasly. plus, JO and bosh already talked bout JO coming here, this isnt some video game. in fact, i think this team is just confused right now. they are no longer young and no longer old. they are getting closer to becoming a contender but are still 1-2 pieces away. is it time to go all in and trade our projects for proven players? and even if u do that, what are the chances of winning? im really regretting jefferson cuz he would have been perfect, he was not old and scores tons.

First off... I don't play video games... :) And I think that attempted slam is warn out and should be retired around here.

I'll admit, I do want Beasley and may be biased. The theory applies to any team interested in creating 2010 cap space, and getting a solid center rather than contending next year.

"Because Bosh and JO had a phone conversation" means that JO will be here for 1 year or 2? Please fill me in...

Do you remember the buzz following the JO deal that there was another coming...?

B2theRY
06-29-2008, 11:38 PM
the raps are trying to make CB happy so HE doesnt walk in 2010.

Ford is agood PG but doesnt help the raptors right now. Calderon is more of a fan favourite and european so BC decided to keep calderon he seems more of a team player.

deaner
06-29-2008, 11:57 PM
the raps are trying to make CB happy so HE doesnt walk in 2010.

Ford is a good PG but doesnt help the raptors right now. Calderon is more of a fan favourite and european so BC decided to keep calderon he seems more of a team player.

I know what you're saying but I think the raptor org is more concerned about competing at the highest level possible rather than keeping Bosh happy. Did Bosh ask for JO? He originally asked for TJ didn't he... so it would seem the opposite. Bosh will do his thing in 2 years, all BC can do is attempt to surround him with the best options he can. All I'm saying is don't close your mind to it being finished... if it takes 2 steps instead of 1 to get the job done I know that BC would do it. You don't think if given the opportunity he would trade JO for youth/skill/ AND health?

Answer this... does JO seem like BC's ultimate player type? Or is he a stepping stone.... maybe the step is sooner than we think.

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 12:10 AM
listen i believe bosh wants to win, bosh seems like a very easy going player.. I love the guy because it actually seems like he cares and wants to be here..

i would sign bosh to a life time contract he is our new mats sundin.

I think BC wants to win every year, i think the JO deal was a great deal and i think he rather have JO then beasley because you know what you are gettting from JO

i wouldnt be shocked if JO is half decent that he doesnt resign here in 2 years time at a reasonable contract

I think O'Neal is healthy i think he was on a losing team going no where and he really knew he was going to be dealt so why not start a new season, with a new team healthy nad make a great impression?

deaner
06-30-2008, 12:41 AM
listen i believe bosh wants to win, bosh seems like a very easy going player.. I love the guy because it actually seems like he cares and wants to be here..

i would sign bosh to a life time contract he is our new mats sundin.

I think BC wants to win every year, i think the JO deal was a great deal and i think he rather have JO then beasley because you know what you are gettting from JO

i wouldnt be shocked if JO is half decent that he doesnt resign here in 2 years time at a reasonable contract

I think O'Neal is healthy i think he was on a losing team going no where and he really knew he was going to be dealt so why not start a new season, with a new team healthy nad make a great impression?

I agree... it makes a GREAT story. 6 time all-star ready to do it again... rehabbed, rested and ready to go! It's exciting... it's also salable but at the same time risky. Risky to put over 20 million dollars a season into a player that could very well spend half the year in a suit on the side-lines. If my math is correct... that would be 40 million for a full season of the suit, and 1 full year playing. :) BC IMHO would not put the team's budget as thin as it is right now.... there's no way with HIS off-season objectives not yet achieved.

JO is a much better tradable asset than TJ/Rasho/17/Basten

I may very well be wrong, but looking a the big picture, I think it's the first step of two.

dude... Matts never won "anything".... please don't compare him to CB4. We may as well go to bed and lie there in the fetal position until CB4 is in the twilight of his career. Leafs suck.

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 12:54 AM
how do people get rich in life?.... they take a risk!

look at all the toronto teams.. what do they do? they take the safe route. BC has shown he is willing to gamble and I love that in a GM.

TJ was a gamble to trade for.

and yes JO makes a lot of money but at the sametime if you look at his stats the last time he has played a more then 60+ games a season he was a 20-10 guy.. (This is off the top of my head) yes i know he hasnt played many games in years but if you put someone on a losing team in a sport like basketball and you continue to lose.. trust me you wont be motivated to rush back from an injury. IVe met JO a few times and he seems like a super nice guy.. the guy will sign every autograph, the guy will have a conversation with you if you talk to him..

ive met wince "mamas boy" carter twice and both times he told me to **** off
JO has a bad rap, I think he isn't as bad as a person as people make him out to be I dont think BC would bring in bad character guys.

I dont think BC is done his trading I think AP or Kapono will be moved, I think he will try to deal Kapono or AP I love them both but they are the only two left who make over 4M that he can trade and have value.

I compare CB4 to Mats to the point where this guy wants to be here.. he is pure class!

no matter what you say even if mats leave he has been super classy his 14 years in toronto. Thats what im comparing..

deaner
06-30-2008, 01:14 AM

look at all the toronto teams.. what do they do? they take the safe route. BC has shown he is willing to gamble and I love that in a GM.

and yes JO makes a lot of money but at the sametime if you look at his stats the last time he has played a more then 60+ games a season he was a 20-10 guy.. (This is off the top of my head) yes i know he hasnt played many games in years but if you put someone on a losing team in a sport like basketball and you continue to lose.. trust me you wont be motivated to rush back from an injury. IVe met JO a few times and he seems like a super nice guy.. the guy will sign every autograph, the guy will have a conversation with you if you talk to him..

JO has a bad rap, I think he isn't as bad as a person as people make him out to be I dont think BC would bring in bad character guys.

I dont think BC is done his trading I think AP or Kapono will be moved, I think he will try to deal Kapono or AP I love them both but they are the only two left who make over 4M that he can trade and have value.

I compare CB4 to Mats to the point where this guy wants to be here.. he is pure class!

no matter what you say even if mats leave he has been super classy his 14 years in toronto. Thats what im comparing..

I would disagree... for the sake of argument... risk takers go to casinorama and blow their paycheque and then go to moneymart for an advance.

Wise businessmen look at the market... evaluate, research, and find a product or service that they can make a healthy mark-up on. JO is that to me. He should try to turn him over ASAP.

I don't think BC is the moneymart type.

If you trade AP you need to replace him... if you trade Kapono you will be hard pressed to turn him over for a profit and find our starter at the 3.

aman_13
06-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Always expect the unexpected when BC is running the show. That is what i love about him. A lot people are throwing the idea of the Raptors being done as there is not much they can do because of financial reasons. So right now we assume they are done in bringing another big name but they still have 5 million to get a couple of players that can help us on our needs. One player that i think can help us is Dorell Wright, he can rebound well and can slash, not to mention he is pretty young.

I also don't get why some people think we are getting old, if you look at the roster, this team is still one of the younger teams in the league.

BH-Sports
06-30-2008, 02:24 AM
I would not want Josh Childress in our team. We have no need of a Young Developing player who cant shoot in our team. The best player we can get is James Poser, Jams Jones, Chris Duhon or any proven player.

Italiano
06-30-2008, 05:08 AM
Corey Maggette is NEXT!

After, Ricky Davis or Ben Gordon.

Fion
06-30-2008, 06:01 AM
IM pretty sure Bc thinks about risks and analys's things well. He is willing to gamble, but gamble on good information not just spontaneously. Hes improved our team, this move could work out, and it will be a super tradable asset next year when ppl want to line up for 2010 lebron. If not 20 mil comes off the books just as bosh is up for resigning.

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I would disagree... for the sake of argument... risk takers go to casinorama and blow their paycheque and then go to moneymart for an advance.

Wise businessmen look at the market... evaluate, research, and find a product or service that they can make a healthy mark-up on. JO is that to me. He should try to turn him over ASAP.

I don't think BC is the moneymart type.

If you trade AP you need to replace him... if you trade Kapono you will be hard pressed to turn him over for a profit and find our starter at the 3.

Kapono has more value than parker.. teams like cleveland would kill for a Kapono to play along side LBJ.

I think BC is a risk taker a person who probably plays the stocks...

people who block their paychecks at rama are the same people who live month to month or probably in a trailer park and their diet consit of beer and spam.

the bottom line is this.. JO is better than anyone you would great, there is a reason why he rather have had JO then Gerald Wallace. Because i believe he thinks for 2 years Oneal can hold up play maybe 70games each season and between him, bosh and probably moon their defense just took a big upgrade. it makes up for your guards who cant guard a grandmother in a walker. so when they get beat they now have to deal with 3 shot blockers!

i think its a great deal, i would trade TJ for JO everyday of the week and thats what the trade was.. Rasho is a throw in, baston is a throw in and i think Hibbert will be jason collins type of centre in the NBA.. so needless to say I rather have JO over all 4 of those guys... wouldn't you?

TJ's value isnt as high as everybody thinks and to get a PF/C in the calibre of JO i think its a fantastic move.

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 01:24 PM
IM pretty sure Bc thinks about risks and analys's things well. He is willing to gamble, but gamble on good information not just spontaneously. Hes improved our team, this move could work out, and it will be a super tradable asset next year when ppl want to line up for 2010 lebron. If not 20 mil comes off the books just as bosh is up for resigning.

we all know there is no way in hell wade or LBJ ever sign in toronto so yes that JO contract in 2009/2010 will land the raptors some really great assets... BC did the same in phx when he dealt marbury for expiring contracts so he would have money to sign nash... BC is by far the best GM in toronto sports.. he actually seems to have a real plan. Thinks ahead. Hates to lose and sit still..you cant say that about any other toronto GM.

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 01:27 PM

O'neal is really a humble guy..he grew up in a bad neighbourhood and didn't have any money..saw his "Journey to the NBA" doucumentary on Much Music..very touching but i think he only had a bad rep from the brawl in Detroit and from being fusterated on a bad team..hopefully we see the 6 time allstar Jermaine O'neal

Raptors2009
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
When will the trade be officially announced? july 1st or july 9th?
http://flicr.us/files/q7diajazf3e1y9ipjz6l.jpg

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 02:12 PM
O'neal is really a humble guy..he grew up in a bad neighbourhood and didn't have any money..saw his "Journey to the NBA" doucumentary on Much Music..very touching but i think he only had a bad rep from the brawl in Detroit and from being fusterated on a bad team..hopefully we see the 6 time allstar Jermaine O'neal

I dont mind a guy who is willing to stand up for teammates in a fight. I think the media made him out to be a bad guy.. he seems nice ive met him, he signs autographs for people will talk to you if he has time and isnt being rushed.. where other guys tell you to F. Off and just keep walking..

Im excited about JO coming to TO.
I think it was agreat treat and if it doesnt pan out so be it but i commend BC for taking the chance, this allows us to have either Bosh or O'Neal on the court at all times during the games.. if used properly it will be pretty damn dangerous for the raps.. and what people dont understand. by having one of these guys on the floor at all time makes your bench better as well.

The Wise 1
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
When will the trade be officially announced? july 1st or july 9th?

9th I believe.

people who block their paychecks at rama are the same people who live month to month or probably in a trailer park and their diet consit of beer and spam.

Hey, I'm living my dream, now go live yours.

B2theRY
06-30-2008, 03:54 PM
im living my dream too making fun of people who live off beer and spam

IversonIsKrazy
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Well if the JO trade goes down, i've gotta another trade that can possibly go down.

Raps Get:
Josh Howard
$9.5m

Mavs Get:
Andre Bargnani
Carlos Delfino(S&T)
2010 First Rounder
$8m

Then we sign Chris Duhon & either DeSagana Diop OR Kurt Thomas
2008-09 Roster:

PG: Jose/Chris Duhon
SG: Anthony Parker/Jason Kapono
SF: Josh Howard/J-Moon/Joey Grahm
PF: CB4/K-Hump/Brzec
C: JO/Diop OR Thomas/Rookie

Whos Ukic by the way??

Numbers
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
There is no more money for these trades that are being proposed.
Toronto is approaching luxury tax territory with a bench that is not yet filled.
They cannot afford anymore 2 raptors for one player coming back deals.

Sometimes I wonder if Isiah Thomas is signed up on this board.

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
I would not want Josh Childress in our team. We have no need of a Young Developing player who cant shoot in our team. The best player we can get is James Poser, Jams Jones, Chris Duhon or any proven player.

how is James Jones and Chris Duhon proven players..James Jones had a good year but he was also playing with very good players in Portland..Duhon had a horrible year and so did the Bulls

Maverick22x
06-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Well if the JO trade goes down, i've gotta another trade that can possibly go down.

Raps Get:
Josh Howard
$9.5m

Mavs Get:
Andre Bargnani
Carlos Delfino(S&T)
2010 First Rounder
$8m

Then we sign Chris Duhon & either DeSagana Diop OR Kurt Thomas
2008-09 Roster:

PG: Jose/Chris Duhon
SG: Anthony Parker/Jason Kapono
SF: Josh Howard/J-Moon/Joey Grahm
PF: CB4/K-Hump/Brzec
C: JO/Diop OR Thomas/Rookie

Whos Ukic by the way??

I agree completely. I just proposed this trade with Kapono (I think he has more value) instead of Delfino in a separate thread and gave all the reasons. His contract is up at the same time as JO's, he brings defense, rebounding, and playoff experience. Roko Ukic is a Croatian pg that the Raptors drafted in the second round in 2005.

nads83
06-30-2008, 05:52 PM
looks like diop is no longer an option. im seeing a lot of articles about him maybe getting a pretty good deal by a number of teams. a shame, shouldve gotten him while everyone thought he was a bum. most available bigs are making around 5mil. foster gadzurich and swift. maybe we trade for them and take on thos extra 2-3mil. swift cud turn out like tyson chandler playing with calderon. all he does is block shots and dunk and is a decent rebounder. swift may be a good pick up

nads83
06-30-2008, 05:54 PM
hump for stro show? anyone? anyone?

The Claw
06-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Last season when the clock stroke one, BC right away offered Kapono a multi-year deal.

All of us will never know if he tried or attempted calling the agent of Posey first before making that decision.

Anyway, I hope this time he will find that lock down perimeter defender SF/slasher this team really need.

ramz.n
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
everyone talks about going after magette..hes a free agent now and i was looking at his stats..did youguys know he has never played a full season..as good as he can be that concerns me if he was in a raptor uni

IversonIsKrazy
06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Maggette costs a lot & going to ask 4 even more. I would rather go 4 josh howard, which a maverick fan likes as well so i think BC should do it :P

The Claw
07-01-2008, 12:00 AM
It is now July 1st eastern, 9:00 pacific.

The clock is ticking BC ...

ramz.n
07-01-2008, 12:34 AM
i think we should try to take Ryan Gomez from the T'wolves..hes made some pretty lobsided trades..traded garnett..then traded mayo..maybe we could get Gomez for a second round draft pick in like 2011..hes a solid role playing playing sf averaging close to 13 ppg and 6 rpg..would be a solid addition with low risk high reward

Maverick22x
07-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Maggette costs a lot & going to ask 4 even more. I would rather go 4 josh howard, which a maverick fan likes as well so i think BC should do it :P

Raptors get: Josh Howard, Channing Frye

Blazers get: Bargnani, A. Parker OR Kapono, 2010 1st rd pick from Raptors

Mavs get: Martell Webster OR Travis Outlaw, Joel Przybilla, 2009 1st rd pick from Raptors

Which team doesn't do this trade and why?

Raptors27
07-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Raptors get: Josh Howard, Channing Frye

Blazers get: Bargnani, A. Parker OR Kapono, 2010 1st rd pick from Raptors

Mavs get: Martell Webster OR Travis Outlaw, Joel Przybilla, 2009 1st rd pick from Raptors

Which team doesn't do this trade and why?

Raps can't trade both 1st rd picks..

B2theRY
07-01-2008, 05:53 PM
i think we should try to take Ryan Gomez from the T'wolves..hes made some pretty lobsided trades..traded garnett..then traded mayo..maybe we could get Gomez for a second round draft pick in like 2011..hes a solid role playing playing sf averaging close to 13 ppg and 6 rpg..would be a solid addition with low risk high reward

that mayo trade was a great trade for the T'Wolves... They got mike miller and kevin love.

i rather have those two instead of Mayo.