PDA

View Full Version : lakers/kings/bulls trade

kozelkid
06-25-2008, 03:40 PM
artest agrees to a S+T.
lakers get:artest
reason: rumored to like him, a true sf, unlike necessarily odom, and a great defender which proved necessary when pierce dominated. no more scoring for pierce with artest gaurding him...
kings get: gooden, noci
reason: appear ready to deal artest anyway, get a good pf which they need, AND a good sf to replace artest.
bulls: odom
reason: huge expiring, take less PT from tt and deng than both noci and gooden would. great player anyway
thoughts?

Faneik
06-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Voted no for 2 reasons

1. Don't Artest to go to the Lakers ... EH EH EH

2. This trade is not possible b/c the salaries don't match...

The Kings are over the cap --> Artest 7.4M doesn't match with Gooden 6.5M + Nocioni 8.5M

kozelkid
06-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Voted no for 2 reasons

1. Don't Artest to go to the Lakers ... EH EH EH

2. This trade is not possible b/c the salaries don't match...

The Kings are over the cap --> Artest 7.4M doesn't match with Gooden 6.5M + Nocioni 8.5M

well there's a reason why I said it's a S+T :rolleyes:.
artest will definitly get a contract of 13mil or so and lakers are very interested, so it would work. but after july 1st

Ware_Spencer
06-25-2008, 06:13 PM
artest agrees to a S+T.
lakers get:artest
reason: rumored to like him, a true sf, unlike necessarily odom, and a great defender which proved necessary when pierce dominated. no more scoring for pierce with artest gaurding him...
kings get: gooden, noci
reason: appear ready to deal artest anyway, get a good pf which they need, AND a good sf to replace artest.
bulls: odom
reason: huge expiring, take less PT from tt and deng than both noci and gooden would. great player anyway
thoughts?

I think this could work. But just some questions and commments......

Are the Kings getting enough in the deal ?? Gooden is worthless in my mind. For the money he is not bad. But he isn't anything special on D. And he is not a smart player on Offense. Takes bad shots. Doesn't know when to pass.

Nocioni if he played last year and was healthy than I would say yes for sure. But he is a question mark. So not sure the Kings would agree on there side of the deal.

I don't like Artest but that is a different discussion. He would improve that team in most ways.

Odom would be a good fit for the Bulls. Giving them some what of a low post scorer. At least a low post slasher if you can call him that.

Bulls - Yes because overall I think its worth it to them. But not sure what Nocioni's value is to the bulls right now ?

Lakers - Yes

Kings - Probably not unless they get something else in the trade. A draft pick might do.

Over all I like the trade. Improves all teams. Just little details here and there that might need to be worked out. But could work.

Faneik
06-26-2008, 07:08 AM
well there's a reason why I said it's a S+T :rolleyes:.
artest will definitly get a contract of 13mil or so and lakers are very interested, so it would work. but after july 1st

13 M??!!!
Don't think so, reports are he won't give up the 8M guaranteed in his contract for next year...

Artest has been insisting for weeks that he wants to play out the final season of his contract with the Kings -- at nearly $8 million -- before thinking about free agency. - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3449929

If he's reluctant to give up 8M, it's b/c he and his agents don't think he can make more somewhere else... Don't forget Artest has a bad reputation between the GM's, he's seen as a problematic player.

GermanLakersFan
06-26-2008, 07:42 AM
13 M??!!!
Don't think so, reports are he won't give up the 8M guaranteed in his contract for next year...
- http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3449929

If he's reluctant to give up 8M, it's b/c he and his agents don't think he can make more somewhere else... Don't forget Artest has a bad reputation between the GM's, he's seen as a problematic player.

3 yes 3 no although i don't wanna know how often that leprechaun Faneik voted "no" just because he's afraid his C's won't get a shot at the title for the next 5 years if we get artest!! It is possible, I don't think Artest should be given 13 mil either but the lakers would take on Shareef's or Thomas' contract to make salaries match!

Faneik
06-26-2008, 12:29 PM
3 yes 3 no although i don't wanna know how often that leprechaun Faneik voted "no" just because he's afraid his C's won't get a shot at the title for the next 5 years if we get artest!! It is possible, I don't think Artest should be given 13 mil either but the lakers would take on Shareef's or Thomas' contract to make salaries match!

I would like to see you have the balls to call me leprechaun in my face. You f**ckin' little f@g! (Sorry mods but he had it comin')

I voted once...Do you realize people can come in the board, vote, and don't post a comment?...

rossgloadshow
06-27-2008, 12:54 AM
from a bulls fan i like noci and the bulls would still have to make another trade to clean up the back court, but tt could learn from odom. only thing is are bigs become odem,tt, and noah not very big or good at man to man defense not that we were before the trade(voted yes)

chicagofan26
06-28-2008, 01:31 AM
yes its a realistic trade but i dont like the trade b/c i would rather have noch over odom anyday with the hustle and the heart that noch plays with. odom would have to start b/c your not going to bench him and how can you put TT on the bench when you got rose comin back into town to throw him lobs left and right?

wvphil
07-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Kings aren't getting anything with this trade. Gooden and Noci aren't upgrades over our current personnel.

Just FYI no one expects Artest to opt out, so he will be a little over 8 mil in salary.

TrueFan23
07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
i would love to do this deal

central2003
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM
This trade will not happen first artest wud have to go bulls .. kings wud never accept the idea of lakers having Artest and second if it even were to happen ... it would have to be artest and K-thomas or SAR... now that is Reality.

Ragun
07-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Kings wont do it. They would rebuild. But value wise Kings win.