PDA

View Full Version : jamie campbell poll

ah nuts
06-25-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm not a computer guy - so can one of you guys set up a LONG OVER DUE poll on yay or nay on Jamie Campbell.

I'm guessing only 15% approve of this guy.

Mile High Champ
06-25-2008, 10:55 AM
He is alright. I personally hate Mike Wilner more than anyone that has to do with the jays.

frostilicus
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Do we really need a J.C. thread every two days around here?

BB King
06-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Bring back Dan Schulman and Buck Martinez!! JC is ok, I have no real problem with him. Tabler is much better than Fletcher as a right hand man!

McJoe
06-25-2008, 01:00 PM

thank you

T.O.Bombinators
06-25-2008, 02:21 PM
well since gibby is gone people need something to complain about

ah nuts
06-25-2008, 04:25 PM

for christ sake, I'm just requesting a poll. No comments needed.

half the time I feel like I'm in bloody court here.

JAYZFAN9
06-25-2008, 04:27 PM
^ Exactly. But we all know Jamie sucks... I dont think theres anyone in here who actually think he does a quality job calling games

nithanyo
06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
if we want to complain lets complain about JP instead of JC. Atleast he's doing his job the right way. Personally other than, him knowing not much more than any of us about the game of baseball, his homo comments and the pointless information about players and their hometown he aint all that bad

Twitchy
06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I added a poll. I expect the results to be 100% in favour of the greatest commentator ever...

bartlett2266
06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
he has quiet streches where they go like 30 secs without saying a word sometimes i think theres something wrong with the sound.

ah nuts
06-25-2008, 04:36 PM
again, I call on the internet experts for a simple poll and end this thread. Picking on JC is too easy.

ah nuts
06-25-2008, 04:37 PM
^^^ oh there you are

Zaunnie
06-25-2008, 04:59 PM
^ Exactly. But we all know Jamie sucks... I dont think theres anyone in here who actually think he does a quality job calling games

only frosty, but he doesn't count

H-MYK
06-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm not really a fan of Campbell.

B2theRY
06-25-2008, 08:13 PM
I like Tabler..

I cannot stand

Fletcher
Rance
JC
Barfield

I like Rod Black and Pat Tabler.. thats the best baseball crew we got at the moment! GO TSN!

statquo
06-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Whats wrong with Barfield? At least he knows what he's talking about.

scotttube
06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Bring back Dan Schulman and Buck Martinez!! JC is ok, I have no real problem with him. Tabler is much better than Fletcher as a right hand man!

i still cant believe we had those guys. I guess thats what the jays get for being so crappy over the last 13 years the good commentators leave and the best you can do is jamie campbell.

scotttube
06-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Whats wrong with Barfield? At least he knows what he's talking about.

he speaks too slowly for a television broadcast.

Kbowes9
06-26-2008, 07:08 AM
he speaks too slowly for a television broadcast.

That's ridiculous!! Too slow?? Dude...It's not a cattle auction.

CBC does a good job. I've even come to be able to handle TSN; although Rod Black is NOT a baseball guy. JC is good enough for me. Sure...there are some goofy remarks, but I'll take his enthusiasm for the club. He's still relatively new to the job when you think about it.

The_Realist
07-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I think we have to get off the back of Jamie Campbell. Ya, he isn't the best but I think he is improving. I think we need to focus on the Blue Jays team because they are the ones who are struggling.

ratboy
07-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Jamie Campell has no business being on air period. His only asset is his voice,which is broadcast worthy.

Pat Tabler is losing his mind. The Mr. Wonderful color man has always been about making excuses for blunders made by players. My favorite is when he can't come up with a good excuse and makes one up, actually trying to guess why a slow roller went through a guy's legs."I think what happened there was with the angle of the sun, it appeared to reflect off of that popcorn cart on the concourse." A color man's job is to provide truthful insights about the game.

I have noticed lately that Tabler has changed his strategy. Running out of excuses has Tabler not saying anything at all. Campbell, waiting for Tabler to comment on a boneheaded mistake by a Jay now brings 30-40 secs of dead air. The so-called color man now ignores these errors completely and refuses to say anything.

Rios was picked off of 1st, in a game, shortly after signing his new contract. Tabler refused to acknowledge that it had happened, again providing great color. A couple of weeks later the same thing happened at a critical juncture in the game. Tabler refuses to speak, hoping that they could pretend it didn't happen and robbing viewers of doing his job. After 40 secs of dead air, the one great moment came and Campbell wasn't letting him off the hook any more.

"Hey Pat! Wasn't that a big mistake on Rios' part?" Tabler stumbled around totally shocked at what had just transpired. For the 1st time that I can remember, Tabler was so caught off guard that he did say that it was a mistake and that Rios should have been watching the cut-off man. Yes, Pat Tabler had just told the truth about a Jays' misstep. History had been made, thanks to Campbell. For a long time after, there was a real sense of unease between the two.

Even though Campbell had provided one of the great moments in the booth ever, it doesn't change the fact that he is terrible.

I figured that this was a perfect thread to share this story. Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.

broncosfan_101
07-07-2008, 01:27 AM
^^ I totally remember that. I hate Tabler, and I mega-loathe Jamie Campbell. I can't think of anything else than to say he's the most boring person I've ever seen on TV. Get Mike Toth in the booth with him and we'd have a broadcast.

Rance is growing on me. He's quite knowledgeable about the game, which I have always thought, but I think his execution is coming along. Or maybe he's just the beneficiary of sitting next to Jesse Barfield during every game.

None of the channels does a great job though. I see other team's broadcasts and I wish we had someone with some style or serious baseball experience.

R. Johnson#3
07-07-2008, 01:32 AM

No, we need your old sig. That was actually the funniest sig I've seen on this site.

frostilicus
07-07-2008, 03:13 AM
No, we need your old sig. That was actually the funniest sig I've seen on this site.

This bad boy here?