PDA

View Full Version : Mike North leaves 670 The Score

cubsbears1225
06-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I didnt know where to post this but I figured there were a ton of Cubs fans who post on PSD and are listeners of the score.

"Hello everyone,
I am now done at the Score. I met with management this past Friday and since I wouldn't accept the deal they offered; they told me I wasn't allowed to be on the air anymore. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye so here goes...

I wanted to say my 16 1/2 years with the Score were awesome. When I was on the air, it was unreal. To be able to entertain, have fun, and sometimes get serious... well you never knew what would happen on a daily basis. I want to thank all the listeners and callers who not only laughed at me but with me. I heard from a lot of you over the years, and good or bad, I always welcomed your comments. To do radio in my hometown at such a great station was an honor. To all the people I used to work with and I work with now, I say thank you. To the advertisers on my show and on the station who were always with me thank you for being there. Without you, there is no station. The sales staff at the Score was always second to none; we made some bucks together. Thanks to you guys too.
You'll be hearing from us real soon. Keep your eyes and ears open and stay tuned.
On behalf of Be-Be, Lucky, myself, and everyone associated with us, thank you once again.
Mike North"

northtonorth.com

cubsbears1225
06-25-2008, 08:42 AM
I enjoyed the mike north morning show on my way driving to school every morning. He was the face of the score and made that station what it is today. Im sure hell land another gig somewhere and he said he plans to bring everyone he worked with, with him.

behindmydesk
06-25-2008, 08:45 AM
I was going to post this yesterday, but didn't think anyone would care. I occasionaly listened to North, but it was few and far between. I would listen when he had Nick Swisher on, and during events that only chicago media would cover alot, IE opening day, crosstown classic, etc. Mike and Mike are superior to the North morning show, in my opinion, but they are national, so they dont' spend alot of time covering just chicago.

I will say this about North, he did a great job raising money for charity's.

cubsbears1225
06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
for those of you who dont know Mike North, here are a few recent famous clips from his show including him lettin Ozzie Guillen know whos boss and him ripping Mariotti

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zuUMw7fdPOI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=duzxONE8-ys&feature=related

10-11-18-14
06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
If I never hear him again, it's fine with me. He was so full of himself. He constantly points to himself as the person who was on top of everything, even aside from sports. Often he showed how little he knew or understood. He's an egostistical (sic), puffed up jerk.

cubsbears1225
06-25-2008, 08:57 AM
If I never hear him again, it's fine with me. He was so full of himself. He constantly points to himself as the person who was on top of everything, even aside from sports. Often he showed how little he knew or understood. He's an egostistical (sic), puffed up jerk.

He had his ignorant moments about sports and other things but he was the voice of the fan. He wasnt afraid to ask any question to anybody that fans were dying to hear asked

behindmydesk
06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
He was also very racist

quade36
06-25-2008, 09:14 AM
I haven't listened to him in years and am happy he is gone. I'm sorry when I tune into a sports talk radio I don't want to hear a guy complain about the ban of smoking at bars in the city or how every democrat is wrong and an idiot. I want to hear something about sports. I also thought it was funny how his Chicago accent got stronger as the years went on. He is a tool and glad he is gone. Now if Chicago can get rid of that other tool personality who writes articles for the Sun Times to stir controversy, this city would be in good shape.

Heyyo1900
06-25-2008, 09:14 AM
He was also very racist

I thought that was Imus?

behindmydesk
06-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I thought that was Imus?

He just said a few things, that were wow, probably shouldn't have said that.

He defended Imus. He did have a point when he defended them, saying if no one wrote an article, or Sharpton didn't lead a revolt against Imus, the management wouldn't have noticed, and not fired him.

I did love that North was very right wing.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Well since mariotti was mentioned in here did anyone watch around the horn on monday? Mariotti was praising the cubs so looks like we have another bandwagoner

cubsbears1225
06-25-2008, 09:38 AM
North never said any bad racial things. He said some things that he shouldnt have said over the air.

IvyWentCrazy
06-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Praise Jesus!!! Mike North was a moron.

cubswoo
06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
He was on too early for me to listen to him and if I'm ever up that early I usually just listen to "Mike and Mike". I used to listen to Mike North all the time when he was on in the afternoons with Doug Buffone a few years ago. My favorite was always "Jag Bag Thursdays".

He is not racist but he did say things that were not "politically correct" at times. One that sticks out in my mind is one day he was talking about the Negro League and how bad of a league it was and that none of those players should be in the hall of fame. But that was more of a knock on the league rather than the color of the players.

LetGeorgeDoIt
06-25-2008, 10:56 AM
At least he wasn't as smug and condescending as Boers & Berstein, whose combined hubris is unrivaled on the planet.

harborboy
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
god, i hate that guy

:dance: <----me

somewhere, a giant jar of giardiniera is crying.

Theriot2
06-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Thats Ozzie Guillen youtube video was hilarious

HOWE do i do it
06-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Good riddance. Mike North is a clown.

Max Power
06-25-2008, 12:15 PM
One of the main reasons I stopped listening to sportstalk radio, which is beyond awful in Chicago.

The guy insisted on talking about things he knew nothing about. Which is pretty much everything.

hawkeyefootball
06-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I hated Mike North. The past few weeks he'd been arguing about the Cubs with his intern, and his arguments were just ****ing ********. I'm glad he's gone.

Max Power
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Praise Jesus!!! Mike North was a moron.

I am pretty sure he will remain a moron.

Mr Cub
06-25-2008, 12:31 PM
At least he wasn't as smug and condescending as Boers & Berstein, whose combined hubris is unrivaled on the planet.

Amen to that - those guys are the biggest pricks on the radio in Chicago, hands down.

Rosh
06-25-2008, 12:54 PM
god, i hate that guy

:dance: <----me

somewhere, a giant jar of giardiniera is crying.

"And even my shoes!" :laugh2:

BUD Bleachers
06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Mike North is a North Side White Sox fan, which doesn't make him popular in my book. He's the leader of the Dirtbag Goon Squad, DGS for short.

North has been just okay on the air these days, but I really couldn't stand Pumpkin Head Fred Hubner or Jen-Jen The Engine (stupid). So, if those two are done as well, I'll be even more content.

I think The Score turned off a lot of people, primarily Cubs fans, by being the flagship station for the White Sox. Regardless of what any of you would like to state, The Score personalities are primarily White Sox fans. The bias towards the White Sox, even more so now because they have to tow the company line, has really lost them ratings in a Cubs town.

Laurence Holmes, aka, Larry Wendell, has been rumored to replace North in the morning. Anyone that refers to his radio program as "The Me Show," is a total tool. I will for sure not listen to The Score anymore except for the occasional Murph show, as he is a Cubs fan, and I still like Boers and Bernstein. I wish they'd go to mornings.

Mike North is still a great Chicagoan in my book. I'm sure he'll emerge some place else soon enough.

Rosh
06-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Jen-Jen The Engine (stupid).

(Hot). Too bad it's radio.

I think The Score turned off a lot of people, primarily Cubs fans, by being the flagship station for the White Sox. Regardless of what any of you would like to state, The Score personalities are primarily White Sox fans. The bias towards the White Sox, even more so now because they have to tow the company line, has really lost them ratings in a Cubs town.

I don't think it's as widespread or as drastic as you think. The only real culprit of this was North.

Laurence Holmes, aka, Larry Wendell, has been rumored to replace North in the morning. Anyone that refers to his radio program as "The Me Show," is a total tool.

The show used to be "Me and Z" when Dan Zampillo did it with him. I guess they just used/kept the name for marketing purposes.

I will for sure not listen to The Score anymore except for the occasional Murph show, as he is a Cubs fan, and I still like Boers and Bernstein. I wish they'd go to mornings.

Yikes. If I ever were to dislike a Cubs fan, it would be Murph. The guy is beyond annoying. I remember when we still had Angel Pagan. Not a minute went by without him mentioning his "How can he be an Angel and a Pagan?" joke.

And I like B&B, but yeah, they get cocky at times.

Acronym
06-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Mike North was okay for a while, but I absolutely couldn't stand the show once that girl Jen came on. She never had anything smart to say, her voice itself was annoying, and North would use her comments to start political rants of his own which I had no interest hearing during what should have been a sports show. I liked it much, much better when he was with Buffone.

Boers and Bernstein are complete tools. They treat all of their callers like garbage; I have no idea why anybody calls into that show- all that's going to happen is you're going to get yelled at and hung up on before you even have a chance to make a point. Sometimes they can be funny, though. I remember when Benson got his first DUI on the boat they were making some hilarious jokes at his expense. But that's about as far as the bright spots in that show extend. If I listen to the radio in the afternoon I just listen to Mac, Jurko, and Harry on ESPN instead.

Laurence Holmes isn't as bad but I don't think he could carry the flagship morning show.

I like Murph, sometimes he seems like he's the only guy on The Score who's not there just for an ego trip from hanging up on people.

harborboy
06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
B&B are my favorite. its like i know when some one will get the boot. if they make no sense or argue dumb points, they go bye-bye. second on that list are Mully and Hanley. i think they will take over in the AM.

AndyDufresne
06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
B&B are my favorite. its like i know when some one will get the boot. if they make no sense or argue dumb points, they go bye-bye. second on that list are Mully and Hanley. i think they will take over in the AM.

The problem with this is that B&B know less about baseball (as an example) than half this board, and when anyone tries to make any sort of a logical point that doesn't go along with what they think, they are ridiculed and hung up on.

It's weak, it's cowardly, and only sometimes amusing.

Veryfine
06-25-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm glad North is gone. When I first started listening to the Score I didn't mind him in the mid 90's. But he has definitely worn out his welcome. He had racist undertones, but that came with his background. I think that's what appealed to many blue collar listeners. That he wasn't afraid to speak his mind, even if it could be construed as non-pc or racist. Lately I just can't deal with his blatant bias towards the Sox and condescending attitude towards Jen. Fred seems to be too much of a Homer to actually call him out on a lot of his bs arguments. I found myself switching to Mike and Mike, but all they talk about is how wimpy and metrosexual Greeny is or how dumb Golic is. So sports radio in Chicago in the mornings has been bad.

Mully and Hanley - I've listened to them for 2 mornings and I'm bored already. I am a fan of B&B. Maybe it's because their humor is childish. I actually think when they have a guest on, they interview well. While they do treat their callers like garbage, I think most of what is meant as a joke gets misinterpreted as being egotistical. They have the best segments (Who are you crappin' and Friday Fung).

IvyWentCrazy
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I am pretty sure he will remain a moron.

Yeah but it makes me so, so very happy to be able to say was. To those poo pooing B&B, at least that suckfest has at least a base of sports knowledge, which is probably self explanatory in the fact that they worked as actually journalist before becoming talking dumb *****. What was Mike North's pedigree, oh yes, he was a hot dog vendor. I guess that's the same, not really though.

IvyWentCrazy
06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Now, let's get that whinny, trumpet playing excuse for a radio host off from 12-2 and they score will be well on it's way from suckdom, which is where it currently resides(and not in the NBC Tower like they tell people).

B & B are gold. I love how they sit there the entire show and tell people that they themselves (B &B) are idiots, and then people get mad and call them smug and arrogant when they go off on them. Boers is really old and bycracky and Bernstein is a twit, but a funny twit (when they first opened they fan chatroom that they run during the show, I'd go in there and call Bernstein a ******* for like the entire show, that was pretty awesome).

Mully and Handly are all right, but someone said earlier boring a lot. Larry Wendell, (aka Lawrence Holmes) is good plus a really solid reporter, great during Bears season. If I were the Score's program director, and I am, I'd take Mr. Wendell and Jason Golf and give them the mornings. Maybe add Drinky (Matt Abatacola), to give white people a voice, cuz if there is anything I care about it's making sure white people have a voice.

CubMan1969
06-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Good Ridance to the whole f'ing crew. The only thing Jen Patterson would have been good for was a landing pad for my S to the P -- UNK...

DaSox_05
06-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Now, let's get that whinny, trumpet playing excuse for a radio host off from 12-2 and they score will be well on it's way from suckdom, which is where it currently resides(and not in the NBC Tower like they tell people).

B & B are gold. I love how they sit there the entire show and tell people that they themselves (B &B) are idiots, and then people get mad and call them smug and arrogant when they go off on them. Boers is really old and bycracky and Bernstein is a twit, but a funny twit (when they first opened they fan chatroom that they run during the show, I'd go in there and call Bernstein a ******* for like the entire show, that was pretty awesome).

Mully and Handly are all right, but someone said earlier boring a lot. Larry Wendell, (aka Lawrence Holmes) is good plus a really solid reporter, great during Bears season. If I were the Score's program director, and I am, I'd take Mr. Wendell and Jason Golf and give them the mornings. Maybe add Drinky (Matt Abatacola), to give white people a voice, cuz if there is anything I care about it's making sure white people have a voice.

:clap:

I have been reading thru this thread the whole day and agree with some and disagree with others. I tolerated the North show and Jen Jen is fine!!!! I dont care how she sounds on the air she is beautiful. The reason I tolerated North was because he was the ONLY monring show that talked Chicago sports. Mike and Mike I love, but they grew old after a while when they dont specifically talk about Chicago. However Mike and Mike are hilarious. I used to listen to the North show until Waddle and Silvy come on then switch over. If the score had Holmes, Goff and Abatacola on in the morning I would definitely listen those 3 guys are awesome. I used to listen to there Saturday morning show when it was Holmes, Abatacola and Zaidman. Regarding B&B show I can not stand there show they are both arrogant S.O.B's. If you dont agree with there opinons they rip you. They treat there callers like garbage. I would never call them. MJH show is the best show in town. North should go to ESPN 1000 and do a noon to 2pm show to rival Murph. That would be cool.

fonzie
06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Good Ridence.

behindmydesk
06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
:clap:

I have been reading thru this thread the whole day and agree with some and disagree with others. I tolerated the North show and Jen Jen is fine!!!! I dont care how she sounds on the air she is beautiful. The reason I tolerated North was because he was the ONLY monring show that talked Chicago sports. Mike and Mike I love, but they grew old after a while when they dont specifically talk about Chicago. However Mike and Mike are hilarious. I used to listen to the North show until Waddle and Silvy come on then switch over. If the score had Holmes, Goff and Abatacola on in the morning I would definitely listen those 3 guys are awesome. I used to listen to there Saturday morning show when it was Holmes, Abatacola and Zaidman. Regarding B&B show I can not stand there show they are both arrogant S.O.B's. If you dont agree with there opinons they rip you. They treat there callers like garbage. I would never call them. MJH show is the best show in town. North should go to ESPN 1000 and do a noon to 2pm show to rival Murph. That would be cool.

I seriously doubt North ever goes to Espn1000. North has let it be known, that Espn1000 is to strict for them. Also North and Mac from MJH have a long bitter history. With MJH being the most popular show, on ESPN1000, and Mac leading the way, they would not hire North. Also that is what ticked off North, in Teddy Greenstein's article, is that he insuated that the Score would take a serious run at Dan McNiel (Mac)to have his own morning show on 670 the score when his contract runs out.

IvyWentCrazy
06-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I beat North goes to WLS

cubsbears1225
06-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Mike North is a North Side White Sox fan, which doesn't make him popular in my book. He's the leader of the Dirtbag Goon Squad, DGS for short.

North has been just okay on the air these days, but I really couldn't stand Pumpkin Head Fred Hubner or Jen-Jen The Engine (stupid). So, if those two are done as well, I'll be even more content.

Laurence Holmes, aka, Larry Wendell, has been rumored to replace North in the morning. Anyone that refers to his radio program as "The Me Show," is a total tool. I will for sure not listen to The Score anymore except for the occasional Murph show, as he is a Cubs fan, and I still like Boers and Bernstein. I wish they'd go to mornings.

Mike North is still a great Chicagoan in my book. I'm sure he'll emerge some place else soon enough.

easy...Im friends with Jen

behindmydesk
06-25-2008, 04:42 PM
easy...Im friends with Jen

Sure ya are.

hawkeyefootball
06-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Sure ya are.

Myspace

behindmydesk
06-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Ah yes. that makes sense.

behindmydesk
06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Stupid internet and double posts

gocubs2118
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Now all they have to do is get rid of Mike Murphy. He is seriously the dumbest Cubs fan I have ever heard. He could be worse then Fonzie.

IvyWentCrazy
06-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Murphy is pitiful, just atrocious.

cubswoo
06-25-2008, 06:38 PM
The Score did want to cut his salary by alomost half by going from $1.5 million to $800,000 because he was getting his *** handed to him in the ratings by Mike and Mike. But even so where else can you get a job that pays that much to sit on your *** and talk about sports for a couple of hours a day five days a week?
I just hope comcast doesn't give him a job

cubfan23
06-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Well since mariotti was mentioned in here did anyone watch around the horn on monday? Mariotti was praising the cubs so looks like we have another bandwagoner

I dont think thats bandwagoning. Hes a sports writer, he talks about what he sees. He sees when the Cubs are playing well he mentions that, when they are doing bad he critiques them....its his job to do that. Same with the White Sox, he may bash Ozzie when they are doing bad but then if they start to good he talks about why they are doing good.

CHICAGOSTYLE
06-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Damn shame, didnt always agree with him but if any of my uncles or family had a radio show it would sound something like that. mike n mike in the morning might as well be good morning new york or good morning boston.

CHICAGOSTYLE
06-25-2008, 11:48 PM

boers and bernstein need their ***' beat

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Did anybody listen to the MJH show yesterday? Mac told the story as to how Mike North got his 1.5 million dollar salary. He said in 2003 when North's contract was up he went to New York walked into the presidents office of CBS and handed the president a list of companies that the score does there advertising for and said these companies will leave if you dont pay me 1.5 mill. Crazy shiznit, North has some balls to do that. I admire a guy who stands up to authority and basically tells the company what he wants like it or not it was ballsy and he got what he wanted.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Did anybody listen to the MJH show yesterday? Mac told the story as to how Mike North got his 1.5 million dollar salary. He said in 2003 when North's contract was up he went to New York walked into the presidents office of CBS and handed the president a list of companies that the score does there advertising for and said these companies will leave if you dont pay me 1.5 mill. Crazy shiznit, North has some balls to do that. I admire a guy who stands up to authority and basically tells the company what he wants like it or not it was ballsy and he got what he wanted.
Mike Norths last contract was for 1.5. He walked in I thought during 2000, but it might have been 2003. And said these advertisers walk if you don't pay me 1 million not 1.5.

I was surpised Dan McNeil, was so nice to North yesterday. He said that everyone in the industy that is good, owes a debt of gratitude for North doing that and setting the payscale so high. THen he took a cheap shot saying and when you are better then him in ratings like we are, we can get more then that!

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Mike Norths last contract was for 1.5. He walked in I thought during 2000, but it might have been 2003. And said these advertisers walk if you don't pay me 1 million not 1.5.

I was surpised Dan McNeil, was so nice to North yesterday. He said that everyone in the industy that is good, owes a debt of gratitude for North doing that and setting the payscale so high. THen he took a cheap shot saying and when you are better then him in ratings like we are, we can get more then that!

Yea it was 2003 cuz it was a 5yr contract. North and Mac are good friends still I believe. I know Mac called him and North returned his phone call and I think North is going to be on the show soon maybe as soon as today. I remember when Mac told a story about him and north at the Superbowl when the Bears played in it. That him and North were smoking outside and being real loud and Michael Strahan got pissed cuz Mac and North were being loud while Strahan was taping a show and Strahan told them to shut up and North got pissed and yelled back at him. Im sure there still good friends since they both started the Score together.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Yea it was 2003 cuz it was a 5yr contract. North and Mac are good friends still I believe. I know Mac called him and North returned his phone call and I think North is going to be on the show soon maybe as soon as today. I remember when Mac told a story about him and north at the Superbowl when the Bears played in it. That him and North were smoking outside and being real loud and Michael Strahan got pissed cuz Mac and North were being loud while Strahan was taping a show and Strahan told them to shut up and North got pissed and yelled back at him. Im sure there still good friends since they both started the Score together.

No they were bitter enemies. They might have patched it up since then, but they were bitter enemies. Mac would constantly say I guess I'll just be a hotdog vendor.

IvyWentCrazy
06-26-2008, 12:39 PM
boers and bernstein need their ***' beat

If you don't like B & B, you are just ********, or stupid... or an idiot.

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 12:42 PM
If you don't like B & B, you are just ********, or stupid... or an idiot.

No B&B's stupid humor and lets make everyone feel stupid so we can feel better about ourselves is ******** an idiotic.

Acronym
06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Or, you prefer a smart, informative show, not a show with two idiots yelling at people and hanging up on anyone who disagrees with them.

Also, does anybody else notice that they never, ever disagree with each other? It's kind of weird. Anybody else get kind of a gay vibe from that? Someone calls in and disagrees, they jump all over him, hang up, rinse and repeat.

IvyWentCrazy
06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
You guys must be idiots... once in a while they will go off some one that doesn't deserve it... But I listen to that show pretty much every day and 99% of the idiots they go off on, deserve it. Plus, hands down the best interviewing tandem on chicago radio. Not a bunch of fluff, 'I used to be a player' and 'l love kissing the *** of any body who's played the game' before like Waddle and silvy or Mac, Urko, and Harry. They only ask important questions, and are not intimidated by anyone. Now you don't like their humor, what ever, but get over this arrogant smug bull****.

Acronym
06-26-2008, 12:56 PM
I think you're Dan Bernstein. How else could you possible think those guys aren't arrogant?

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I think you're Dan Bernstein. How else could you possible think those guys aren't arrogant?

LOL...!!! Yea I think your right maybe he is Bernstein. Ivy the B&B show is terrible I listen on occasion when there are commercials on Espn on the MJH show. I dont understand why anybody would want to call there show, like I said earlier if you dont agree with them they make fun of you and hang up on you. They cant have an intelligent conversation or debate with a caller. The point of a sports radio show is to get more people to listen and interact by calling the show. Not by belittling the callers so that they never want to call or listen to the show again. I listen more when Holmes and Abatacola replace them when they have day offs.

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Another question I have is how come so many Cub fans dislike Mike Murphy since he is a Cub fan that baffles me.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Because he's a ******. Who cares if he's a cubs fan, if he's ******** what's the point.

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
****** LOL...!!! I just figured since he is a Cub fan and probably the 2nd biggest one next to Santo. That he would at least be respected by Cub fans.

AndyDufresne
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
****** LOL...!!! I just figured since he is a Cub fan and probably the 2nd biggest one next to Santo. That he would at least be respected by Cub fans.

He's just another gross misreprentation of the Cubs fanbase.

And he has the most annoying voice on radio.

Santo played the game, and played it well. He has my respect for what he did and what he goes through with his disease. Because of this, I can deal with his goofy *** :)'

Murph is, ironically, the biggest tool on radio.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 02:06 PM

DaSox_05 allow me to introduce myself. I'm Behindmydesk aka BMD, president of Santo is a ****** and shouldn't be on the air club. Allow me to introduce you to our VP Poodski AKA Po. We have a few members, but we are more hated then the whitesox by cubsfans.

poodski
06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
its true.

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 02:16 PM
LOL thanks fellas for the input pretty funny stuff and yes I agree Santo should not be on the air either because he is terrible as a commentator it just sucks what he has gone thru from his diabetes. And Murph's voice is annoying.

AndyDufresne
06-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Santo is the farthest thing from a competent broadcaster there is.

However, most of his job is to entertain and since the majority of Cub fans like him, I'd say he is doing his job.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Santo is the farthest thing from competent broadcaster there is.

However, most of his job is to entertain, and since the majority of Cub fans like him, he is doing his job.

You know i have hated santo so much, as an announcer. I really never thought of it that way. Good point. The strong majority love him, so that is a good point of why he has the job.

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 02:27 PM
You know i have hated santo so much, as an announcer. I really never thought of it that way. Good point. The strong majority love him, so that is a good point of why he has the job.

Yea especially the older Cub fans love him since they got to see him play. In spring training the MJH show went to a Cub game and did there show from there and Mac said the number one question they got from all the Chicago people who saw them was "Is Ron Santo here". I know he is terrible but he is probably the biggest Cubs salesman and he is not even trying to be one.

Acronym
06-26-2008, 02:33 PM
LOL...!!! Yea I think your right maybe he is Bernstein. Ivy the B&B show is terrible I listen on occasion when there are commercials on Espn on the MJH show. I dont understand why anybody would want to call there show, like I said earlier if you dont agree with them they make fun of you and hang up on you. They cant have an intelligent conversation or debate with a caller. The point of a sports radio show is to get more people to listen and interact by calling the show. Not by belittling the callers so that they never want to call or listen to the show again. I listen more when Holmes and Abatacola replace them when they have day offs.

Right on the money, 100%.

DaSox, you should hang around here more often so we can convert you. We could use a guy like you over here!

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Right on the money, 100%.

DaSox, you should hang around here more often so we can convert you. We could use a guy like you over here!

LOL!!! Na im happy with my team but hey you Cub fans be happy with the way the Cubs are playing because they are playing great ball. Its the best team I ever saw on the North Side. There pitching is shaky but there offense is amazing. So enjoy it, cuz I know the feeling.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
LOL!!! Na im happy with my team but hey you Cub fans be happy with the way the Cubs are playing because they are playing great ball. Its the best team I ever saw on the North Side. There pitching is shaky but there offense is amazing. So enjoy it, cuz I know the feeling.

See i'm the exact opposite. I think our pitching is fine, but we really need another bat.

Pie
06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
whoever said he was a racist you're an idiot, he never said anything racist. i listened to him everyday for a long time on my way to school, he may have said some things that other dj's dont but it was never anything racist

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 03:52 PM
whoever said he was a racist you're an idiot, he never said anything racist. i listened to him everyday for a long time on my way to school, he may have said some things that other dj's dont but it was never anything racist

I'm an idiot? Learn the facts. He said racist things. Calling asian players Chinaman, is racist.

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Pie, he used to have hug a black day and hug a jew day also hug a chinaman day. I dont know if thats racist but thats something tha should not be said on the air. Some people took offense to that.

monkey balls
06-26-2008, 04:07 PM
DaSox_05 allow me to introduce myself. I'm Behindmydesk aka BMD, president of Santo is a ****** and shouldn't be on the air club. Allow me to introduce you to our VP Poodski AKA Po. We have a few members, but we are more hated then the whitesox by cubsfans.

May I join

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
May I join

Monkey balls, you have always been a member. I think you are up for a management role at the next elections.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Pie, he used to have hug a black day and hug a jew day also hug a chinaman day. I dont know if thats racist but thats something tha should not be said on the air. Some people took offense to that.

Exactly. I mean those things aren't offensive to me, but neither was the Howry Kow things, but again those are racist.

DaSox_05
06-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Monkey balls, you have always been a member. I think you are up for a management role at the next elections.

LOL!!! :clap: Nicely done!!!

monkey balls
06-26-2008, 04:25 PM

I forgot. I lost my gamer replica after the last meeting we had, to much beer that night.

behindmydesk
06-26-2008, 04:26 PM
It was a drunken night. Not a single person could walk straight!

kdog23
06-26-2008, 08:47 PM

Well said....But North sucked too. He did not represent the Chicago fan-because he was f 'n clueless about sports. He really tried to push his B.S agenda on fans. B & B are worse-and that's why I don't even bother with the Score anymore.

Pie
06-27-2008, 02:31 AM

god damn why does everyone have to be such a baby, it was a joke get over it. christ you people have no sense of humor, i wouldnt care if u called me a Mick so who gives a rats *****

dbrown1225
06-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Well said....But North sucked too. He did not represent the Chicago fan-because he was f 'n clueless about sports. He really tried to push his B.S agenda on fans. B & B are worse-and that's why I don't even bother with the Score anymore.

I absolutely LOVE Boers and Bernstein. Best radio show in the city BY FAR.

They've almost ruined sports radio for me. I wanted to listen to draft talk today and the Sox were playing so I had to listen to 1000 and Mac, Jurko, and Harry. That show SUCKS.

And a lot of times Boers and Bernstein don't agree with the callers because the callers are idiots.

CubsRule08
06-27-2008, 01:02 PM
god damn why does everyone have to be such a baby, it was a joke get over it. christ you people have no sense of humor, i wouldnt care if u called me a Mick so who gives a rats *****

Maybe you have no sense of decensy (:confused:)...how can you not take that seriously?

DaSox_05
07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I just heard on the MJH show that Mike North will be on there show tomorrow in studio that ought to be some interesting radio!!!

IvyWentCrazy
07-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Mike NOrth is a moron

oliversneed
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I am an Illinois transplant up here in the cheeselands for the past 10 years. I have always enjoyed the fact that I could still listen to the Score every morning on the way to work, as I am a die-hard Chi-town sports fan...

I listened to, and found Mike North's morning show to be quite witty and sometimes down right hysterical for a time, but as of the last couple of months, just found him annoying...

I think a sports reporter (ecspecially in a multi-team city like Chicago) needs to be less one sided when it comes to who they cheer for. I certainly respect Mr. North's right to be a Sox fan, but when the hords of Cubs-Nation are in the throws of an exciting season, he seemed to be a complete downer in the morning (always finding ways to throw a dig at us) and praise his beloved Sox. I kept listening for a while, but soon I couldn't stand to hear his voice anymore, and in turn had to start listening to Wisconsin radio (ugh!)...

After the Cubs sweep of the Sox, I decided to tune in and hear what Mr. North had to say about the series, and was pleasently suprised to find him gone. And... Have since returned to being a devoted Score listener.

Thanks for the memories Mike... F@%K the Sox!

Bleed Blue!
07-12-2008, 12:07 AM
He was on too early for me to listen to him and if I'm ever up that early I usually just listen to "Mike and Mike". I used to listen to Mike North all the time when he was on in the afternoons with Doug Buffone a few years ago. My favorite was always "Jag Bag Thursdays".

He is not racist but he did say things that were not "politically correct" at times. One that sticks out in my mind is one day he was talking about the Negro League and how bad of a league it was and that none of those players should be in the hall of fame. But that was more of a knock on the league rather than the color of the players.

Off subject... but are you happy with the way Dempster is pitching? Who would have thought you would be right on that one? I always get a laugh out of reading on your bet.

Greatrush
07-26-2008, 08:08 AM
I didnt know where to post this but I figured there were a ton of Cubs fans who post on PSD and are listeners of the score.

"Hello everyone,
I am now done at the Score. I met with management this past Friday and since I wouldn't accept the deal they offered; they told me I wasn't allowed to be on the air anymore. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye so here goes...

I wanted to say my 16 1/2 years with the Score were awesome. When I was on the air, it was unreal. To be able to entertain, have fun, and sometimes get serious... well you never knew what would happen on a daily basis. I want to thank all the listeners and callers who not only laughed at me but with me. I heard from a lot of you over the years, and good or bad, I always welcomed your comments. To do radio in my hometown at such a great station was an honor. To all the people I used to work with and I work with now, I say thank you. To the advertisers on my show and on the station who were always with me thank you for being there. Without you, there is no station. The sales staff at the Score was always second to none; we made some bucks together. Thanks to you guys too.
You'll be hearing from us real soon. Keep your eyes and ears open and stay tuned.
On behalf of Be-Be, Lucky, myself, and everyone associated with us, thank you once again.
Mike North"

northtonorth.com

Well you'll always have the nearest bar "jag bag." Don't let the door hit you in the *** pompous one...

Diehdcubsfan2
07-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Well you'll always have the nearest bar "jag bag." Don't let the door hit you in the *** pompous one...

what a weird thread to bump on your first post