PDA

View Full Version : Pistons eye Hawks forward

Sports Illustrator
06-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Keep an eye on the negotiations between the Hawks and forward Josh Smith. Smith is a restricted free agent reportedly seeking a deal that starts in excess of $11 million. Hawks new general manager Rick Sund might not be willing to start a deal at that price. If an impasse occurs, you can bet the Pistons will come asking about a possible sign-and-trade deal.

From Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080623/SPORTS0102/806230382/1127)

K2OB4E
06-25-2008, 12:55 AM
A Rip or Rasheed type deal? The hawks should take all measures to look this dude up he is going to be an all-star for years to come. I love the Hawks young athletic team, why break it up. If they could land a young point guard they be good for many years.

SG: Johnson
Sf: Smith
Pf: Williams
C: Horford

Not to mention Childress on the bench, this team is so young and athletic all they need is a good point guard, they should of tanked it this year and get Rose or Bayless..........

dawgsfan_45
06-25-2008, 11:30 AM
^^^^^^^To bad we don't have a draft pick this year. If we tanked i this year the suns would be awesome next year because they would probably get Beasly or someone really good.

hyp21
06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Don't need him imo. Personally I think we shouldn't even give a second look at the Pistons in trading J Smoove (assuming we're gonna trade him). If I'm gonna trade Smith, I'll call up Chicago and make this deal:

Ben Gordon/D.Gooden/Nonci for Smith/Marv Will/Salim

Ok now my hawks lineup looks like this:

PG Bibby
SG Gordon
SF J.J.
PF Gooden
C Horfie

Bench: Nonci (6th man), Law, J-Chill, Solomon, ZaZa, Andersen(if he makes the roster)

Bulls look like this:

PG Hinrich
SG Hughes
SF J Smoove
PF Deng
C Noah

Bench: Marv Will, T.T., Duhon, Brown, Salim

Looks like a win/win from my perspective.

BigSteve
06-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but your team needs playoff veterans to take them to the next level. Billups is not the young athletic guy you guys are hoping for, but he is a leader who has big time expierence on the biggest stage. Losing a talent like Smith would suck for any team, but your team is young enough and talented enough that a veteran like him could push you over the top.

hyp21
06-26-2008, 01:19 PM
^Gordon, Gooden, and Nonci have experience. Limited, but nonetheless. I understand where you coming from though. They do need a leader. But that's what Bibby and J.J. need to step up and provide for the team. I think Gordon/Nonci/Gooden would be good pieces to the puzzle to take them to the next level. Our shooting really sucks imo. I think those three guys could add offensive power and open up the floor more for J.J. Plus Gordon's gonna get his points and Bibby won't have to be as heavily relied on to score more than being the floor general.

Jcastellucci09
07-22-2008, 10:30 PM
^Gordon, Gooden, and Nonci have experience. Limited, but nonetheless. I understand where you coming from though. They do need a leader. But that's what Bibby and J.J. need to step up and provide for the team. I think Gordon/Nonci/Gooden would be good pieces to the puzzle to take them to the next level. Our shooting really sucks imo. I think those three guys could add offensive power and open up the floor more for J.J. Plus Gordon's gonna get his points and Bibby won't have to be as heavily relied on to score more than being the floor general.

Is everyone forgetting about Law, we dont need Gordon because we have law. Give him an injury free year to prove that he is an #11 draft pick. If we dont resign smith the team will not make the playoffs, smith does so many intangibles that go unnoticed. He will be a allstar for years to come. It would be amazing to do a trade with Charlotte for Okafor. Perhaps a sign and trade with childress, Marv, and zaza for Okafor?? dont know how the money side would work out but it would let Horford play his natural position and the Horford- Okafor tandom would be off the charts.

mrgerbik
07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
What about JHO for JSmith? Maybe Mavs throw in an expiring or two?