PDA

View Full Version : Browns Playoff Even Superbowl Chances

brownzfan19
06-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I really believe this team has an outside chance to make it to the superbowl

IndiansFan337
06-25-2008, 12:19 PM
I think that they have a chance to make the playoffs, but they aren't going to go to the Super Bowl. Hardly anyone on the team has any playoff experience at all.

Also, they have an extremely hard schedule, so I am not even 100% on them making the playoffs this year.

KiLLA RAiDER
06-25-2008, 02:39 PM
You guys are a good team, but u guys WILL NOT make the Super Bowl! At least not dis year! You guys need to pick up some cornerbacks or Big Ben and Palmer gona pick ur defense apart this year again!

EdTheRevelator
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't buy that either, unless the new additions on defense REALLY step up. I'd be happy with a trip to the playoffs, and ecstatic to win a game in the playoffs. We're a few defensive players away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't buy that either, unless the new additions on defense REALLY step up. I'd be happy with a trip to the playoffs, and ecstatic to win a game in the playoffs. We're a few defensive players away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

I lovewhat GM Phil Savage has done to this team. I agree with you I also feel next offseason will be another tremendous one to finish up the build of this team. I could see playoffs this year since we did improve on a 10-6 team but superbowl is very hard to predict especially with a team lacking some key defensive players.

mrfreaknasty78
06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I think the playoffs are possible if the Browns can with their division; but NOT the SuperBowl. The Brownies are a CB or two plus a back-up running back away from making a deep playoff run.

I think the four locks in the AFC are Indy, New England, Jax and San Diego; which leaves only four slots open for teams like Pitt, Tenn, Buffalo, N.Y Jets and The Browns.

c4men41
06-30-2008, 05:33 PM
I hope you were not serious about the Jets! They will be below .500 for at least two more years.

I do think that if the Browns can win the division and - dare I say it - win enough games to get home field throughout...

...then yes we can go and even win the whole thing.

I know we won't be sneaking up on anyone, but we are a year improved in many areas:

a solidified line that played together for a whole year
a quarterback who went through a season as a starter
weapons EVERYWHERE!!!

and also a year REMOVED from a system run by Maurice Carthon (can anybody say 'toss sweep on 4th and inches to a fullback that's really a fullback pass'). Year two of Chud's Offense should bring plenty of punch and firepower.

and we have fantastic special teams.

I, for one, am a believer.

(and a life-long Browns fan, so this trip is long overdue)

BrownsFever
07-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Well I'm all about the Browns and would love for them to win the Superbowl, but honestly I'd be thrilled if we made the playoffs. We're playing a MUCH harder schedule this year, and need I remind you guys that we only won one game against a team that had a winning record by the end of the season (Seahawks). If it wasn't for the offseason pickups on the defensive line I would say we'd be on the outside looking in...but I think that we have a chance to make the playoffs with those new players. Most importantly we need to beat the Steelers, that would be a giant moral boost for the team...and we REALLY need to beat the steelers for a change...

brownzfan19
07-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I just feel that this team is a playoff team an as we seen la year with the Giants once you t to the playoffs anything is possible

brownzfan19
07-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Granite theafc is much tougher then the nfc

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM
If things go our way here and there then you never know.

TheLogical
07-09-2008, 01:07 AM
The Browns have a legit chance to win a first round playoff game.

Predicted final record:

11-5.

23LBJCleBrowns
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
well in las vegas in the sports beting book. we have a 7-1 chance of going to the super bowl

AMC31
07-25-2008, 02:26 AM
i think we will go to the superbowl

Talm
07-25-2008, 06:22 AM
We're gonna learn a whole lot more about Derek Anderson 3 games into the season...

And it will ultimately be his performance that dictates just how far this team goes this season.

IndiansFan337
07-25-2008, 04:36 PM
well in las vegas in the sports beting book. we have a 7-1 chance of going to the super bowl

That's pretty generous, IMO.

Realistically, I will be shocked if we surpass last season's win total.

There's no easy game in our division. They're all going to be tough ones. And our out of division schedule is extremely tough this year as well.