PDA

View Full Version : What has to happen for the T-mac and Yao experiment to stay together after next year?

JordansBulls
06-24-2008, 10:44 AM
What has to happen for the T-mac and Yao experiment to stay together after next year?

Is getting to the 2nd round enough to keep them together after next year?

Do they have to get to the Conference Finals?

How far do the Rockets need to go?

ink
06-24-2008, 11:07 AM
What has to happen for the T-mac and Yao experiment to stay together after next year?

Amnesia. :p

mightybosstone
06-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Well.... first, the organization needs to find a way to get them a legit third scorer. IF that happens, then the sky's the limit for the Rockets and I think they're at least capable of a deep playoff run. I said conference finals, because this team is good enough now when healthy that they should easily make it past round one and possibly even make the conference finals. Assuming they add another guy, this team SHOULD make the conference finals...

That being said, this is the West... there's really no shame in not making the finals out of such a tough conference.

prash
06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
They got to get to the Finals next year.

GSW Hoops
06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
They got to get to the Finals next year.

I agree. Anything less and the Rockets will be looking to restructure around Yao.

Iodine
06-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I meant to vote for the WCF but voted for 2nd round. they need to win at least 8 playoff games to keep together

t mac and vick
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Send T mac to phoenix with amare and shaq and barbosa and grant hill you can take nash and bell

Iodine
06-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Send T mac to phoenix with amare and shaq and barbosa and grant hill you can take nash and bell

No. No you cant

Jay22Redd
06-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Nothing less than the finals

arlubas
06-24-2008, 02:55 PM
This experiment is dead for quite a while now. I think even rockets fans realise this by now, they just don't want to openly admit to it to avoid embarassment.

laexpress
06-24-2008, 04:24 PM
T-Mac needs a new trainer. One that can get his body prepped for a full NBA Season. He's hurt every year, not worth the money he's making and Yao is almost as bad, but his size is his detriment. They need a capable Point Guard, and a reliable Third scorer. They'd be the boston of the West, just not quite as intense.

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 08:22 AM
What happens if Yao is the one that gets hurt again while T-mac plays 75 games, does that mean you still trade T-mac?

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Don't you love it when people blame injuries on the trainer?

I mean, if your body just can't take it, it's not another humans fault for your inabilities to play...

The trainer is doing the best he can.. He doesn't get paid all that money to let T-Mac and Yao get out of shape... He's doing best as he can...

T-Mac = Current day Penny Hardaway

TMAC94
07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
if tmac and yao play at least 65 games and miss the games in the first half of season only, the rockets have a real chance too get far.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Real talk, the Rockets are suffering the Nuggets disease.

Meaning everyone below the star players don't contribute much on a consistent basis...

I've seen plenty of nights Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony combine for 52+ points and still lose... Same way with Yao and T-Mac... I look under the boxscore, and like 4-5 players contributed 4 to 8 points...

T-Mac and Yao (as well as AI and Melo) have to get the other teammates involved... Rockets also have to play better defense like the Nuggets... Sure the Rockets play better D than the Nuggets, but they both result in losing games in the first round of the playoffs... They are first round knockouts every year... And when you lose games there was something wrong with your defense stopping the other team... If there is one thing the Nuggets and Rockets have in common is inconsistency.. That and being unstable which results into inconsistency

Teams who usually have star players and put up over 90 points a night and still lose play bad defense... I.E. the Suns, Mavericks, Rockets, Warriors, Nuggets, etc...

The Spurs don't put up that many points, but they contain the other team from exceeding their points by playing intense defense consistently... That's why the Spurs have been so successful for the past decade

Joshtd1
07-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Need to stay healthy, and get out of the 1st round for sure. I think WCF needs to happen for it to stay together.

Pran Raznor
07-08-2008, 10:14 AM
T-Mac = Current day Penny Hardaway

:clap:

Ragun
07-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Make 2nd round.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Conference finals for me.

In my opinion, Tracy has 3 more allstar years in him, including this upcoming season.

If he wins his first playoff series and then loses in the 2nd round, I think the experiment is over.

Tracy doesn't have enough time in his career to just win 1 series..

_Sn1P3r_
07-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Primarily past the first round and then see how far you go.

LA_Raiders
06-29-2009, 03:53 PM
WCF would do it, but now that Yao is out, Hou is done...

S-Dot
06-29-2009, 03:54 PM
They have to at least make it to the finals with both of them playin...anything less will result in restructuring

JordansBulls
06-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I can't imagine how pissed I would be as a Rockets fan. The hopes of having two top 10 players in the league on the same team for 4 years and yet not once make it out of round 1 while elite. Now both guys career could basically be over.

I expected sooo much from them as well.

BenFrank
06-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't think T-mac will be with the team next year.. so the experiment has allready failed, and not because of the Talent.. but because of the injuries..

smith&wesson
06-29-2009, 04:27 PM
at this point if yao and mgrady even played one season together for 82 games it would be a huge acomplishment.
I think those two were huge mistakes to sign by the rockets.
neither of them help there team in the playoffs because they are both always injured. always always always.
I would really hate them if i was a rockets fan.
now yao looks like he is going to miss the entire season next year after he basically missed the playoffs this year when it counted due to an injury.

Mile High Champ
06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
T-Mac is done..I don't see him ever being a factor on a good team again.

dee279
06-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Yaos foot needs to heal and T Mac needs to not be traded.

D Roses Bulls
06-29-2009, 05:07 PM

Is getting to the 2nd round enough to keep them together after next year?

Do they have to get to the Conference Finals?

How far do the Rockets need to go?

for them to stay together, its simple. just stay healthy.