View Full Version : Pacer/Suns Trade

Ware_Spencer
06-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Mike Dunleavy
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mike_dunleavy/

for

Boris Diaw
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/boris_diaw/

Simple straight across trade. Suns are looking for a Small forward. Dunleavy improved dramatically this past year. Check out last year stats.

The Suns are trying to unload Diaw's contract but for a decent player.

They both have there concerns.......
Dunleavy inconsistent until this year
Diaw staying in shape and commitment to team.

But Diaw deserves more playing time and he is getting paid a lot to be a bench player.

Dunleavy and Granger play the same position and hopefully Larry Bird is looking at moving 1 of the players. Neither of them are quick enough to guard the scoring swing players in the league. Diaw can play the PF spot easily in the east. Showed good defense against Duncan & a low post game in the playoffs.

I think it improves both teams. Draft picks my need to be involved to make it fair. But some additional pieces could make it work.

WntAbCEO
06-23-2008, 04:33 PM
How about Foster,Mike,Ike from the Pacers
for
Barbosa,Diaw,your pick?

Ware_Spencer
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
How about Foster,Mike,Ike from the Pacers
for
Barbosa,Diaw,your pick?

I'm not a fan of either team. But I like that trade. I think the suns should get a draft pick though. Maybe just a 2nd rounder. or a future 1st.

But maybe just straight across. I think both teams would become better.

If the T.J. Ford/JO deal goes through.....Ford and Barbosa would be a crazy fast backcourt.

mjrballer13
06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
dunleavy is one of two only good players on the pacers, why would they trade him for diaw?

Ware_Spencer
06-23-2008, 05:08 PM
dunleavy is one of two only good players on the pacers, why would they trade him for diaw?

They aren't going anywhere with Dunleavy. They need to rebuild.

And Like I said above. Dunleavy and Granger play the same position. They played them both at the SG & SF spot last year. But they both got burned on defense. Neither of them are capable of guarding the perimeter scoring guards in the league.(They don't have the lateral quickness) They need to improve on defense. Granger is younger and has more upside. I would trade dunleavy now while is stock is high.

I am not a fan of either team. I think Diaw is a very underrated player. He can play good defense and body up with the big guys. Hit the mid range shot. Showed a low post game in the playoffs. And you don't find many smart guys who can past out of the post. He would improve that team a lot.

They could than draft Brandon Rush to guard the perimeter players in the league. And still get the 3 point shooting that Dunleavy provided.

T.J. Ford (If the JO trade goes through)
Brandon Rush
Granger
Diaw
Murphy

I like the revised trade that was made above.
They could have Barbosa off the bench also.

They need to improve and this would do that.

Or they could use the pick on Hibbert & draft or sign a shooting guard next to Granger.

T.J. Ford
Draft Courtney Lee (If the Raptors give up there 17th pick in the JO trade) or sign a SG in free agency.
Granger
Diaw - Murphy
Hibbert - Murphy

WntAbCEO
06-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Or if you just did my trade Foster,Mike,Ike from the Pacers
for
Barbosa,Diaw,your pick

Then
TJ/Barbosa
Barbosa/Rush
Granger/Williams
Diaw/Murphy
Jordan/Lopez
6th man: Dorsey

Faneik
06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Dunleavy for Diaw straight up --> Pacers get raped!

Dunleavy>>>Diaw --> No way this is a good trade for both teams...

18colts29
06-24-2008, 03:24 PM

:nod:

ixi KinG ixi
07-01-2008, 04:57 PM
for
Barbosa,Diaw,your pick

Then
TJ/Barbosa
Barbosa/Rush
Granger/Williams
Diaw/Murphy
Jordan/Lopez

When did they get Dorsey..or are you juts suggesting they draft him? jw?

I think that the pacers should either go for marion or barbosa. Both players have played in the Suns up tempo offense that the pacers are now trying to install. Barbosa is alot younger than marion so could grow with the other young talent the pacers have (after the draft).

Maybe something like Foster and Mike for just Marion or barbosa could get something done.

_Sn1P3r_
07-01-2008, 05:29 PM

I agree. Dunleavy is a better player.

WntAbCEO
07-01-2008, 05:42 PM
When did they get Dorsey..or are you juts suggesting they draft him? jw?

I think that the pacers should either go for marion or barbosa. Both players have played in the Suns up tempo offense that the pacers are now trying to install. Barbosa is alot younger than marion so could grow with the other young talent the pacers have (after the draft).

Maybe something like Foster and Mike for just Marion or barbosa could get something done.

I wanted us to draft Dorsey
Marion would be nice or Wilcox
maybe we could sign Landry

blackjack_119
07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
for
Barbosa,Diaw,your pick

Then
TJ/Barbosa
Barbosa/Rush
Granger/Williams
Diaw/Murphy
Jordan/Lopez

You do know Ike Diogu is a Portland Trailblazer... right?

WntAbCEO
07-01-2008, 05:52 PM
If you look at when this would posted you would know that this is an old forum but you could probley put Shawne Williams in his place

blackjack_119
07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh... that was KAREEM Rush you had on the depth chart... gotcha.