PDA

View Full Version : Redd, B-Diddy or Brand?

IndiansFan337
06-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Cavs Looking To Trade For Redd?

The Cavaliers could look to send Anderson Varejao and Wally Szczerbiak to the Bucks for sharpshooter Michael Redd, according to The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Cleveland is looking for a legitimate scorer to pair alongside LeBron James, and they would be able to provide Milwaukee with Szczerbiak's expiring contract and the chance to lock Varejao up with an extension.

If the Bucks aren't interested, the Cavs could try to swing a similar deal with the Warriors or Clippers for Baron Davis or Elton Brand.
via The Cleveland Plain Dealer

gambino6778
06-23-2008, 07:33 AM
I would say Redd first, Brand second, Davis third. I'm not intersted in a selfish, injuried, ball hog in J.O'Neal at all. I think O'Neal would be a huge mistake.

infamous
06-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Man this is hard, let me see. I think I'll go for B-Diddy first because the cavs need another explosive scorer who can run an offense. He is an exciting player to watch. With him and LBJ on the floor together, the cavs will be an explosive team both offensively and defensively. Second is Brand then Redd.

IndiansFan337
06-23-2008, 10:52 AM
I understand why you guys are putting O'Neal last among these 4 players, but keep in mind that he is the only one who is being openly shopped. So he is still actually the most legitimate acquisition, IMO.

I would prefer them in this order: Brand, Davis, O'Neal, Redd.

Buckwheat
06-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Going with the big man.. Brand, Davis, Redd, O'Neal

Wouldn't mind any.

cubsbullsbears
06-23-2008, 02:07 PM
lebron needs a shooter, being michael redd, he doesnt need anyone else to hog the ball

IndiansFan337
06-23-2008, 04:27 PM
lebron needs a shooter, being michael redd, he doesnt need anyone else to hog the ball

Well, Davis is the only one of those guys who is used to having the ball in his hands the majority of the game. And I think he could adjust, if needed, next to LeBron.

EdTheRevelator
06-23-2008, 09:27 PM
I would love to have Baron Davis on this team.

Sbank
06-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Baron Davis first but it unrealist imo and he some what injured prone. Elton Brand would be my logically choose first followed by Redd then O'Neal.

kylem4711
06-23-2008, 09:57 PM
i said lord baron

krazylegz
06-23-2008, 10:44 PM
i gotta say b diddy...i mirror what bruce drennen says...he forces us to become offensive minded

The Blue Baller
06-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Redd, then Brand

Fion
06-24-2008, 03:43 PM
REdd, you guys have a problem scoring, not rebounding.

IndiansFan337
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
REdd, you guys have a problem scoring, not rebounding.

Well, all 4 of these guys have averaged over 20 ppg in more than one season. So they can all bring us some offense.

Valon
06-24-2008, 04:27 PM
baron i think is the best way... send Anderson Varejao and Wally Szczerbiak if not possible include pavlovic because baron is an explosive scorer and a very good defensive player too... thats my opinion

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
06-24-2008, 05:32 PM
You can't really say no to any because they all would be an upgrade for the Cavs in their particular position. I would want Redd just because we need a guy who can play outside the arc and inside the arc as well. He brings something that we greatly need a consistent jump shot and his offensive capabilties who kill oppnents trying to double LeBron. Baron Davis would be my second choice because he brings that explosiveness like Redd. What I mean by "explosiveness" is the ability to score fast and in high amounts. Brand and O'neal are very good and I would like one of them if not Baron or Redd, but I think them being a big back the basket players (I know O'neal has a little midrange) would definitly be a huge upgrade considering the Cavs haven't really had that since the younger Z days.

bigalow80
06-25-2008, 09:53 AM
the problem with all of these guys is they are one year rentals (except for redd but his contract is enormous). all of them will have to be re-signed after next year and will be looking to make that 16+ mil per year. its a risky financial move as well. not to mention, brand is coming off major achilles surgery and o'neal hasn't been healthy in two years. if the cavs have no worries, i think you go davis, redd, and brand and wouldn't even consider o'neil. But they have to find a way to keep this years pick and get younger and cheaper.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2008, 12:06 PM
the problem with all of these guys is they are one year rentals (except for redd but his contract is enormous). all of them will have to be re-signed after next year and will be looking to make that 16+ mil per year. its a risky financial move as well. not to mention, brand is coming off major achilles surgery and o'neal hasn't been healthy in two years. if the cavs have no worries, i think you go davis, redd, and brand and wouldn't even consider o'neil. But they have to find a way to keep this years pick and get younger and cheaper.

That could be looked at as a good thing though. Because if we didn't get any further with one of them, we could let them walk after the season & then look for someone else to team with LeBron.

Also, as you said, some of these guys have injury histories....So we surely will feel much better about them being in the final year of there contract than if they had long term deals.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
06-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Yea if we aquire one of these players on a short deal the 2009-2010 off-season is very attractive with free-agents.

IndiansFan337
06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Yea if we aquire one of these players on a short deal the 2009-2010 off-season is very attractive with free-agents.

Yeah, mainly because some guy named LeBron will be opting out then & looking for an extension!! :speechless:

infamous
06-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Come one ferry. I hope you've got an ace up your sleeve. The list is narrowing down. You've got to pull a deal because almost every team in the eastern conference is getting better by now.

IndiansFan337
06-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Come one ferry. I hope you've got an ace up your sleeve. The list is narrowing down. You've got to pull a deal because almost every team in the eastern conference is getting better by now.

If we are to include either West or Gibson in a S&T we will have to wait until July.

So I'm not banking on a trade going down tonight. But maybe in the next few weeks.

EdTheRevelator
06-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Looks like Davis isn't opting out of his contract, but the Pistons are interested.

A Detroit team with Baron Davis could be a very scary team. We need to act soon.

IndiansFan337
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Looks like Davis isn't opting out of his contract, but the Pistons are interested.

A Detroit team with Baron Davis could be a very scary team. We need to act soon.

Baron Davis is a very good player, and he has an expiring contract. That makes him an extremely valuable trade asset. I'm not sure if we have what they'll be looking for in return.

EdTheRevelator
06-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Baron Davis is a very good player, and he has an expiring contract. That makes him an extremely valuable trade asset. I'm not sure if we have what they'll be looking for in return.

I meant more that the Cavs need to make some kind of a move to upgrade, not necessarily landing Davis. Although I'd love to have Baron on this team.

bhooks80
07-01-2008, 05:23 AM
Brand

That is pretty much all they need to reach the NBA Finals next year. Baron Davis is a streak player, Redd is very nice but doesn't fill an as immediate need that Brand can create.

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I meant more that the Cavs need to make some kind of a move to upgrade, not necessarily landing Davis. Although I'd love to have Baron on this team.

Now that he has opted out we probably have a better chance of landing him since he no longer has an expiring contract.

We could try to orchestrate a S&T or simply try to convince him to come here for the MLE & the chance to win a title alongside LeBron.

saint7888
07-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Ya'll need to like trade west and wallace maybe to the heat for Marion

Then use need a starting P.G. What about Damion Stodimer? He's got a nice 3pt shot. Posey? Telfair? What about JR Smith? Corey Meggetty?

Long shots... agent zero, B Davis, Brand

LeBron needs help or use can kiss him goodbye in 2010.....just being real

EdTheRevelator
07-01-2008, 02:45 PM

Then use need a starting P.G. What about Damion Stodimer? He's got a nice 3pt shot. Posey? Telfair? What about JR Smith? Corey Meggetty?

Trust us, we know he's gone if we don't get him help.

And I wouldn't want Arenas. I don't think he could handle being the #2 option on a team.

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Arenas, Stoudamire, Telfair & Smith aren't coming to Cleveland.

Maggette & Posey should be on our radar. As should Brand & Davis, but at a much higher price.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Arenas, Stoudamire, Telfair & Smith aren't coming to Cleveland.

Maggette & Posey should be on our radar. As should Brand & Davis, but at a much higher price.

Is there any rumors out there about us going after Maggette? He would be a big lift.

LiquidPony
07-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Is there any rumors out there about us going after Maggette? He would be a big lift.

Yes!

Word is, the Clippers have an interest in making a push for Baron Davis. If that's the case, there may be sign-and-trade possibilities for Corey Maggette. However, I'm not sure that the Cavs have anything to offer that the Clippers want to see.

Tried to get John Hollinger to give us some Cavs updates on the ESPN live chat today, but of course he chose to ignore Cleveland in favor of a bunch of ho-hum news about lesser teams in larger markets.

Reezy
07-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I'd say Brand as well.

PAPPADIDDY85
07-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Mid-Day Report: LeBron and NYC

By: Jason Fleming Last Updated: 7/1/08 11:39 AM ET | 1169 times read
Increase Font Size
Decrease Font Size
Adjust font size:

LeBron Needs to Recognize: The latest furor over Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James choosing his favorite New York City borough (Brooklyn) has got to make him recognize a few things. First off, he needs to realize that anything he says New York City-related is going to be blown dramatically out of proportion by the media, fans, and anyone who hears the sound bite. Secondly, he needs to realize every time his name shows up in the media with a New York City link to it he's doing a disservice to his fans in Cleveland and to the Cavaliers franchise.

It's not entirely his fault give him the benefit of the doubt. James probably gave an honest answer to a loaded question without thinking too deeply about it when asked about his favorite borough. But he can control how this plays. The next time James gets asked something about New York he can chuckle softly, give a wry grin, and tell the questioner he'd simply rather not answer because no matter the answer it's not fair to the Cavs and their fans. He needs to admit to the questioner he can't win, and he needs to do it in a way that does not alienate New York while also indicating a strong relationship with Cleveland.

James has maintained all along he is a Cavalier and Cleveland is home, but in the next interview will say something in an answer that leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Maybe today James is thinking about the big city lights, but if he is he should keep that exclusively to himself, because there are at minimum two more seasons where his NBA paychecks will be signed by the Cleveland Cavaliers. Two seasons is a long time and a lot of things could happen to change all sorts of minds.

LeBron James needs to recognize all of this he's a smart guy and all parties involved here, including the Cavs, know he's a smart guy and recognize what he can do to stay out of this media mess. It's not healthy for him, the Cavs, or their fans, and for two more seasons (minimum) that should be all that matters.

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes!

Word is, the Clippers have an interest in making a push for Baron Davis. If that's the case, there may be sign-and-trade possibilities for Corey Maggette. However, I'm not sure that the Cavs have anything to offer that the Clippers want to see.

Tried to get John Hollinger to give us some Cavs updates on the ESPN live chat today, but of course he chose to ignore Cleveland in favor of a bunch of ho-hum news about lesser teams in larger markets.

If they do a S&T with Maggette wouldn't that eliminate the cap space that the Clippers would need to sign Baron Davis?

I believe they would completely have to renounce Maggette in order to have the space to sign Baron Davis.

That would eliminate any S&T possibilities, if they do renounce his rights.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
If they do a S&T with Maggette wouldn't that eliminate the cap space that the Clippers would need to sign Baron Davis?

I believe they would completely have to renounce Maggette in order to have the space to sign Baron Davis.

That would eliminate any S&T possibilities, if they do renounce his rights.

I have seen and read more and more articles showing signs of Baron Davis going to the Clippers:( slowly losing out on all the big names this offseason.

IndiansFan337
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I have seen and read more and more articles showing signs of Baron Davis going to the Clippers:( slowly losing out on all the big names this offseason.

He went to college at UCLA, so that makes a lot of sense to me....I wasn't counting on getting him, although he sure would form a nice duo with LeBron.