PDA

View Full Version : Dolsi the future closer?

Zoomlander
06-23-2008, 04:32 AM
"It'll be interesting competition between Freddy and Joel to see who wins that closer's job," Jones said.

stanpapi
06-24-2008, 08:49 AM
It'll be interesting if Zumaya can stay healthy for 2 weeks.

smarkow
06-24-2008, 11:27 PM

Stan, as always, as positive as can be........

I think the bigger question right now is Rodney, and not Zumaya.

Dalionking
06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
if zumaya can stay healthy it will be a good fight for it but i think zumaya would win. it just so up in the air because of injuries though. dolsi, zumaya and rodney sure would be a good late inning option.

SticklerOfRules
06-25-2008, 02:39 PM
I'd prefer Zumaya over Dolsi imo

Tragedy
06-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Exactly.

I'm beginning to think he'll never turn into that pitcher we all hoped. Hopefully this isn't Mark Prior/Kerry Wood/Rich Harden all over again (Just in a reliever role now).

JackB
06-28-2008, 04:11 PM
We need Zumaya to throw STRIKES !!!!!!!

smarkow
06-29-2008, 07:44 AM
we need Todd Jones to get outs! Last night was unacceptable. giving up 4 runs in the top of the 9th. that is just unbelievable. Thank god Polanco, Guillen and Cabrera bailed us out. It certainly was an exciting game.

TheRedMarauder
07-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Tigers manager Jim Leyland said it's "possible" that Joel Zumaya could be moved into the starting rotation.

Leyland said it's something that could happen in the future, but it's probably not something that will happen this year. Zumaya is coming off an injury, and the Tigers have a number of minor league relief prospects, so this is likely something the team would consider during the offseason. For now, Zumaya still projects as the Tigers' closer-in-waiting.

rotoworld