PDA

View Full Version : Dumatrait to DL, Beam gets callup

NYMetros
06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
The Pirates placed left-hander Phil Dumatrait on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning because of rotator cuff tendinitis in his pitching shoulder.

Manager John Russell was hesitant to say whether the injury affected Dumatrait in his two previous starts in Baltimore and Chicago, where the southpaw surrendered 14 runs in 10 innings. The move, retroactive to Friday, will allow Dumatrait to come back as early as July 5, when the Pirates travel to Milwaukee.

Right-handed reliever T.J. Beam, who was selected from Triple-A Indianapolis, will take Dumatrait's place on the 25-man roster. And to make room for Beam on the 40-man roster, the Pirates transferred center fielder Chris Duffy from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL.

Pirates.com (http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080622&content_id=2981895&vkey=news_pit&fext=.jsp&c_id=pit)

Not good news for us. Hopefully Dumatrait comes back healthy and can contribute when he returns.

TheRedMarauder
06-24-2008, 03:03 PM
An MRI on Phil Dumatrait resulted in a diagnosis of left shoulder bursitis on Monday.

"The best part of that news is that (the injury) does not involve his rotator cuff," GM Neal Huntington said. Dumatrait was placed on the disabled list on Sunday, and is expected to be back on July 5, the first day he's eligible.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Phil Dumatrait (shoulder bursitis) pitched a successful bullpen session Friday.

Dumatrait is set to come off the disabled list Monday, as he will get the nod against the Astros.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
07-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Pirates placed Phil Dumatrait on the 15-day disabled list with left shoulder bursitis.

Dumatrait had been activated from the DL on July 7, but felt pain during a side session Wednesday. "It’s frustrating because I worked really hard to come back and I felt good when I pitched Monday," he said. "I thought it was behind me but I’m just going to have to work a little bit harder to get rid of it for good."

rotoworld