PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick

SteveNash13
06-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I know this isnt a really big topic but it could be interesting. JJ Reddick was complaining about playing time and he wanted to be traded. Do you think the Magic could use him as trade bait in a trade to acquire someone to help out Nelson or could the Magic actually incorporate him into their rotation. What do you guys think?

*Superman*
06-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I have a bad feeling that if JJ turns out to be a star player or something he will seek revenge on us for not getting him playing time. Also if he doesn't get traded and turns into a star here, he defiantly wont sign with us. But i think that he wont fall into our rotation and we can use him to move down in the draft.

theophilus166
06-21-2008, 04:53 PM
JJ will never be a star player. At best, he could be a solid player (i.e. Jeff Hornacek), but he doesn't have the all-around game to be a star, nor does he have the natural athleticism to develop an all-around game.

ManRam
06-21-2008, 04:57 PM
First off, before Reezy gets on your case about it...his name is Redick, not Reddick :)

Secondly, I don't have the same fear Superman has about him turning into a star. His ceiling is a nice bench player who can provide some scoring. He has no role on this team, none whatsoever. He doesn't bring anything to the table that we need...and the one thing he doesn't bring (defense) is what we need the most.

Thirdly, I'd love to see him traded to either move up in the draft, for a draft pick, or for a big who can come off the bench.

Maybe he does stay, and maybe he finds his way into the rotation and hits some shots, but I just don't see it.

skyhibballpj87
06-21-2008, 09:49 PM
i think it will depend upon if we loose dooling and evans to free agency or not i know the magic are planing on keeping these guys but you never know. i mean we were also planing on keeping deshawn stevenson and look how that turned out. so if one or both of them go he could make his way into the rotation otherwise i do not see that happening. So if hes just gonna sit on the bench again next season might as well trade him for something. and i agree with philus i dont think redick will ever turn into a star player. he could turn into a nice bench player such as mike miller or stackhouse. but i agree hes definitly not a all around player to even be considered to be a star.

SteveNash13
06-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I agree with you guys about the part that JJ wont be a star but what do you think about this. JJ and Bogans to move up to the 9 or 10 spot and draft Brook Lopez out of stanford or JJ and cash?

*Superman*
06-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I dont think new jersey would give up their pick because they are looking to rebuild their team, but we could try to trade with Charlotte but i think they would want more than jj and bogans.

Haven't you ever wondered how bad jj's defense really is. i mean, how bad can it be that all he can play is garbage minutes. does everyone blow by him or is he just lazy

youngins
06-22-2008, 02:59 PM
No keep jj he could turn out to be a really good player. he just needs some patience

youngins
06-22-2008, 02:59 PM
No keep jj he could turn out to be a really good player. he just needs some patience

NYMetros
06-22-2008, 03:58 PM
This kid can be used effectively by Orland IMO. He is a shooter who can bring the ball up the court as well. I see no reason why they can't have him in the game for 7-10 MPG. Maybe even try him out at PG?

IndiansFan337
06-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Well, Mo Evans is a F/A so Orlando needs a starting SG.

Orlando should have Bogans/Redick/FA compete for that spot, not just simply hand the spot to one of the players.

lavell12
06-23-2008, 10:33 AM
JJ will get screwed even if he outplays Bogans and whoever.

ManRam
06-23-2008, 11:44 AM
JJ will get screwed even if he outplays Bogans and whoever.

Why do you say that? The Magic have said that they aren't going to trade him. That kind of sounds like they are willing to give him a chance. Why would SVG not play J.J. if he does indeed outplay Bogans and whoever else they bring in? It's not like he's in SVG's doghouse, he just wasn't better than Evans or Bogans last year.

It's not like there is a conspiracy in Orlando to never let J.J. play. I'm sure if they felt he was capable of playing last year, he would of. I just don't think he was ready. Maybe he will this year...who knows.

The best player will win the job, and there will be a lot of healthy competition. Hopefully JJ can play well enough to get into the rotation, but I just don't think he is a big enough asset to do that. Which is why I think we should move him.

Reezy
06-23-2008, 10:46 PM
First off, before Reezy gets on your case about it...his name is Redick, not Reddick :)

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to. ;)

rapjuicer06
06-24-2008, 02:18 AM
redick might become a role player in the right system. but that system isnt ours. we don't need another guy to hover around the 3 point line. we need a slasher to drive in the paint and create offense. nelson is ok at that but nothing special. we need a pass first point guard a slasher at shooting guard, lewis at SF, someone else at PF, and dwight at C of course. so we need to either trade for a point guard or draft one, and trade for a pf or draft one/whatever we didn't do for the pg. and hope we can some how get maggette(sp?). that is what i would like. and jj could help us acquire one of those things

lavell12
06-24-2008, 09:25 AM
bogans and evans are basically the same player so bring one back and give jj the other minutes.

Tblaze
06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I think he's pretty good trade bait from what he showed in college, he won't be a star in the nba. Might aswell use him to bring someone who can contribute...

Crunchy12489
06-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Personally, I think JJ redick is going to be traded.

He said if he doesn't start, trade me.

I doubt he's going to start over the 2 that Van Gundy ALMOST won with. Dwight just needs to develop his offensive game because Jason Maxiell was containing him and he's undersized... Dwight can't create space for himself, instead he forces up stupid shots that result in bricks or he gets blocked...

Dwight is one of my favorite players, but damn he freaks out when he senses a double or triple team!

lavell12
06-24-2008, 09:49 AM
since it looks like the magic will draft another sg with the number 22 pick and may bring back evans it is safe to say otis smith was lying when he said he had to keep jj b/c of depth.

Reezy
06-24-2008, 11:32 AM
since it looks like the magic will draft another sg with the number 22 pick and may bring back evans it is safe to say otis smith was lying when he said he had to keep jj b/c of depth.

Where does it say they're going to bring back Evans?

ManRam
06-24-2008, 07:47 PM
LOL. J.J. is talking again...

OrlandoSentinel.com

Redick '100%' certain he'll play for Orlando Magic next season

Brian Schmitz
Sentinel Staff Writer

J.J. Redick turns 24 today.

To him, though, his jump shot isn't getting any younger.

If he is blowing out candles and silently asking for the Orlando Magic to trade him during Thursday's NBA draft or this offseason, well, J.J. isn't going to get his birthday wish.

The Magic said Monday they had no plans to make a draft-night move involving Redick or to deal him this summer, even though the popular but frustrated shooting guard wouldn't mind leaving Orlando in hopes of finding playing time.

Redick asked for a trade in January and reiterated that feeling in his exit interview with General Manager Otis Smith and Coach Stan Van Gundy after the season.

"We're not looking to move J.J. If it doesn't make sense, we're not going to move him just to move him," Smith said. "He wants to play, and rightfully so. He thinks he hasn't been given the opportunity.

"You can say, 'I want to go somewhere else to play.' It's easy to say that but harder to do it. We're not giving him away. You're pretty much here. We do value J.J. I think he can play in this league."

Obviously, two seasons of bench-warming haven't enhanced Redick's value around the NBA.

Interest from other clubs "has not presented itself," Smith said.

Redick did not return messages, but it sounds as though he has accepted his plight. Just as he has accepted the fact that the Magic might well draft a shooting guard Thursday at No. 22 or acquire a starter during free agency in July, relegating him again to fight for backup minutes.

Redick told the Orlando Sentinel after the season ended that while he hadn't backed off his trade request, he expected to be in Orlando when camp opened in October at RDV Sportsplex.

In his June 18 blog entry on his Web site, Redicklive.com, J.J. wrote, "The Magic have some decisions to make this offseason -- free agency, trades, and the draft. But I believe 100 percent I'll be back with the Magic.

"In fact, I don't even think it's an issue. I just need to get better and earn Stan's trust and get some minutes. We shall see."

Redick, through his agent, Arn Tellem, had asked the Magic in early January to trade him -- about a month after the club acquired shooting guard Maurice Evans from the Los Angeles Lakers. Evans is a free agent and likely won't return.

Evans supplanted Keith Bogans as the starter. Redick, who was playing behind Bogans and combo guard Keyon Dooling, realized he wouldn't be playing much, if at all, for the second consecutive season.

He was right. He played in just 34 games, left on the bench by Van Gundy for 41 games -- the equivalent of half a season. Redick missed six games with back spasms, and one for personal reasons.

His playing time actually shrank last season. As a rookie, Redick played in 42 games under former coach Brian Hill.

He has started slowly each season after missing time while nursing injuries (back and left foot in '06; broken hand and back spasms in '07).

Smith said he has no regrets selecting Redick -- "none at all" -- and has preached patience to him. Redick's exasperation and trade request do not bother Smith; he expected it from a competitor such as Redick.

"Sometimes things have to fall into place," Smith said. "A lot of it is timing."

Orlando selected Redick with their No. 11 lottery pick in the 2006 draft. But shortcomings on the defensive end largely have turned the former Duke All-American -- one of college basketball's greatest shooters -- into a spectator. The Magic needed defense, not Redick's offense. Besides, Bogans surprisingly was draining 3-pointers, a Redick specialty.

In his blog, Redick wrote that he started training in late May after playing blackjack in Las Vegas and vacationing in the Turks and Caicos Islands and "hanging out" briefly with Tiger Woods.

"I want to get stronger [weight room]," Redick writes. "I want to get quicker and get my hips stronger for defense . . . I'm working on my game, trying to improve my ball-handling and scoring off the dribble.

"So far, I've been pleased with my progress and hope that come October 1, I'll be in peak physical condition to challenge for minutes."

Maybe by next year, J.J. Redick can wish for something besides a new team.

Copyright 2008, Orlando Sentinel

Optimistic news. Hopefully he works real hard, and earns it. It wont be handed to him, as SVG has clearly shown, so hopefully he shows SVG that he deserves to get some time...and hopefully he can contribute. I still have my major doubts...but his emergence couldn't help.

*Superman*
06-24-2008, 09:05 PM
ManRam, do you think we will have a chance to get Magette, since it said Evans probably wouldn't return

ManRam
06-24-2008, 09:34 PM
ManRam, do you think we will have a chance to get Magette, since it said Evans probably wouldn't return

I'd like to get Maggette, he's the best realistic option at the 2 guard out there. But first off, he will want more than the MLE (around 6 million per year, which is all we can offer, since we'll be slightly over the cap). Secondly, I don't know what we could trade for him if we went the sign-and-trade route. Hedo is too much to give up, and I don't think we could come up with a pleasing enough package.

I doubt it. I'd like to see it. I'm pretty sure now the Magic are committed to drafting a SG, and using Bogans and Redick to create some friendly competition. I think either of those three guys will be the starter, unless Hedo plays the 2, and Shard the 3. But basically, I don't think we'll get him. But you never know...

atomik102
06-25-2008, 03:51 AM
stan is too smart to use turgs at starting 2, like i said in other blogs i think that he will play 2 at the end of games or even 3 and slide lewis back to 4

Reezy
06-25-2008, 04:24 PM
It'd be really nice to finally move Rashard back to the position he's used to playing. I imagine we'll be even better next season.

*Superman*
06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
It'd be really nice to finally move Rashard back to the position he's used to playing. I imagine we'll be even better next season.
Yeah, he better score 25-30 each game.

Reezy
06-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah, he better score 25-30 each game.

As long as he's contributing to winning games whether it's great defense, rebounding or excellent shooting; that's all that matters.

cambovenzi
06-27-2008, 02:58 AM
trade him to the knicks so i can see him play?
;)

*Superman*
06-27-2008, 07:54 PM
This really makes sense if we were to trade JJ, since we just got Lee. I think its a pretty interesting trade.
http://www.thirdquartercollapse.com/2008/5/23/535093/talkin-trades-j-j-redick-t

Reezy
06-27-2008, 11:45 PM
This really makes sense if we were to trade JJ, since we just got Lee. I think its a pretty interesting trade.
I don't understand why we would bank on a rookie so much and then trade away a guy who at least has played on an NBA court albeit not very much.

rapjuicer06
06-28-2008, 01:34 AM

jeff foster??? i dont think so. we can get better, or we can keep him. that'd suck...jeff foster? ahh no....:puke:

*Superman*
06-28-2008, 02:00 AM
jeff foster??? i dont think so. we can get better, or we can keep him. that'd suck...jeff foster? ahh no....:puke:

Well its not like we are giving up Dwight for him. He would just cost us JJ and Cook. He gives us what we need and that is a solid rebounder and defender. He also has a small pull up jump shot, and would give us a good 10 points per game.
I would either take him or Haslem, but i dont think we will be able to pull a trade of for him.

*Superman*
06-28-2008, 02:11 AM
I don't understand why we would bank on a rookie so much and then trade away a guy who at least has played on an NBA court albeit not very much.
You really like JJ don't you? Well from what Otis and Stan were saying he is most definitely gonna be in the rotation and now JJ really has to fight for survival. Thats one of the reasons they liked him so much cause he was NBA ready. JJ really doesn't have any experience, the most he has gotten is garbage time. Their is no more use for JJ on our team.

Reezy
06-28-2008, 03:24 AM
You really like JJ don't you? Well from what Otis and Stan were saying he is most definitely gonna be in the rotation and now JJ really has to fight for survival. Thats one of the reasons they liked him so much cause he was NBA ready. JJ really doesn't have any experience, the most he has gotten is garbage time. Their is no more use for JJ on our team.

Still, that's more NBA court time than Lee has ever had.

I think it's pretty silly to think somebody who has played as many NBA games as you or I has a better shot at becoming the starting SG than somebody who has had at least been on the floor before no matter how few minutes it has been.

rapjuicer06
06-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Well its not like we are giving up Dwight for him. He would just cost us JJ and Cook. He gives us what we need and that is a solid rebounder and defender. He also has a small pull up jump shot, and would give us a good 10 points per game.
I would either take him or Haslem, but i dont think we will be able to pull a trade of for him.

we already have guys who play good defense and are solid rebounders that cant shoot. why trade for another one?

Reezy
06-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I thought one of the Magic's biggest needs right now is defense?

*Superman*
06-28-2008, 03:25 PM
we already have guys who play good defense and are solid rebounders that cant shoot. why trade for another one?

Do you not know that we need another big since Adonal left? And by the way Jeff Foster is way better than Adonal. All we really have for bigs is: Dwight and Tony start and BRIAN COOK AND MARCIN GORTAT. Is that who u want to come into the game. We need more defense than that and need offensive rebounds, which he can get us, and rebounds period. And by the way we need more height in our front line up.

*Superman*
06-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I thought one of the Magic's biggest needs right now is defense?
It is

*Superman*
06-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Still, that's more NBA court time than Lee has ever had.

I think it's pretty silly to think somebody who has played as many NBA games as you or I has a better shot at becoming the starting SG than somebody who has had at least been on the floor before no matter how few minutes it has been.

I am not saying starting, i said that he would be in the rotation. IDK, if he's good enough, he will start. Forget about the garbage mins JJ has played, him and Lee are the same now. And was JJ even a senior when he got drafted?

Reezy
06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
I am not saying starting, i said that he would be in the rotation. IDK, if he's good enough, he will start. Forget about the garbage mins JJ has played, him and Lee are the same now. And was JJ even a senior when he got drafted?

Remember though, J.J. wasn't even lucky enough to get in the rotation (except for maybe a short period of time during his second year) thus far.

And yes, J.J. did complete four years at Duke.

He set ACC records for most career points, most consecutive free throws made, and most career ACC tournament points; and set several Duke records, including most points in a single season.

rapjuicer06
06-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you not know that we need another big since Adonal left? And by the way Jeff Foster is way better than Adonal. All we really have for bigs is: Dwight and Tony start and BRIAN COOK AND MARCIN GORTAT. Is that who u want to come into the game. We need more defense than that and need offensive rebounds, which he can get us, and rebounds period. And by the way we need more height in our front line up.

yea i know what the needs are, but why would you trade someone who is said to be competing for a starting spot, for a guy who's not going to do a whole lot coming off the bench. i'd much prefer to get a guy who can shoot the turn around jump shot and play a lot more because of his offense than someone who will probably only get 9-10 min. a game. IMO we don't need turk. had a great year, but lets face it hes not going to have that year again and his trade stock is through the roof. package a few players and make a trade for a starting big guy who can shoot. howard gets like 15 boards a game, and who ever else we bring in with a BETTER trade would get more than foster would. we need a starting player, not another bench player

HOZ THE KNICK
06-29-2008, 02:53 PM
how about jj reddeck to the knicks for mardy collins.

*Superman*
06-29-2008, 04:01 PM
yea i know what the needs are, but why would you trade someone who is said to be competing for a starting spot, for a guy who's not going to do a whole lot coming off the bench. i'd much prefer to get a guy who can shoot the turn around jump shot and play a lot more because of his offense than someone who will probably only get 9-10 min. a game. IMO we don't need turk. had a great year, but lets face it hes not going to have that year again and his trade stock is through the roof. package a few players and make a trade for a starting big guy who can shoot. howard gets like 15 boards a game, and who ever else we bring in with a BETTER trade would get more than foster would. we need a starting player, not another bench player\

We don't need Turk? Turk is probally the only reason we were able to get 52 wins. I agree that he may not meet eveyone's expectations for what he should do next year, but he is a key part to the team. Now if we can get a good trade for him, im all for it. We also need more depth to the bench too. If we get rid of Turk, then that would just make another hole for us at the 2 position. I think Battie can still start thats why i was thinking to make that trade to help out our bench. Lets see a trade u pull of then for a 4 or 5.

*Superman*
06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Remember though, J.J. wasn't even lucky enough to get in the rotation (except for maybe a short period of time during his second year) thus far.

And yes, J.J. did complete four years at Duke.

He set ACC records for most career points, most consecutive free throws made, and most career ACC tournament points; and set several Duke records, including most points in a single season.

He wasn't able to get into the rotation cause he can't play D. Lee on the other hand has been praised by both Otis and STAN that he can play D and can come in right away to help. So lets say Bogans starts, then Lee comes in and JJ rusts on the bench again. Also i doubt that Otis will want to here stuff how the same thing is happening to lee as it is to JJ, meaning that Otis can't draft right. Unless JJ learns to play some good D, you can expect him to get traded or have a 1st class seat on the bench.

*Superman*
06-29-2008, 04:12 PM
how about jj reddeck to the knicks for mardy collins.

Who the F is that?:confused:

Reezy
06-29-2008, 05:44 PM
-snip-

How do you expect a guy to get better at defense in game time situations if he isn't at least given a chance? To me it just sounds like you're plagiarizing ManRam's thoughts.

And do you really think Bogans is better than Redick? Give me a break.

ManRam
07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
J.J. Redick acknowledges dim future with Orlando Magic

By Brian Schmitz | Sentinel Staff Writer
10:21 AM EDT, July 9, 2008

If there was ever any doubt, Magic shooting guard J.J. Redick pretty much knows for sure now that he has no future in Orlando.

In the wake of the Magic's imminent signing of Golden State's free agent shooting guard Mickael Pietrus, Redick spoke to the Sentinel Wednesday morning and acknowledged, "The writing's on the wall. The writing's been on the wall for some time."

Redick, the popular but little-used first-round draft pick out of Duke, has watched over the last two weeks as the Magic have drafted Western Kentucky shooting guard Courtney Lee in the first round and then come to terms with Pietrus on a four-year contract believed to be worth $25 million.

Along with Redick, Lee, Pietrus and Keith Bogans, the Magic now have four shooting guards on their roster with Redick seemingly being the least valuable. He was drafted two years ago out of Duke and has been on the end of the Magic's bench ever since.

He asked for a trade in January when the Magic acquired starting shooting guard Maurice Evans from the Lakers, but Magic GM Otis Smith has said there isn't much of a market for Redick.

"I spoke with Otis last week and I'm sure we'll speak again," Redick said. "I don't really know, man. Obviously, Otis has the control."

ManRam
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
OrlandoSentinel.com

Otis Smith may not admit it, but J.J. Redick was a big mistake

Mike Bianchi
July 10, 2008

It's just one simple sentence, but Otis Smith won't say it.

Only four words and 13 letters, and he can't quite make himself do it.

He just can't say, "I made a mistake."

It's official now -- or, at least, it will be sometime today when the Magic announce the signing of free-agent shooting guard Mickael Pietrus: Smith made a mistake when he drafted J.J. Redick two years ago -- a big, fat, No. 11-overall, lottery-pick mistake.

The thing is, Smith has admitted the mistake in every way possible -- except verbally. He admitted it two weeks ago when he drafted Western Kentucky shooting guard Courtney Lee. And he admitted it two days ago when he came to terms with Pietrus on a four-year, $22 million contract.

If you're scoring at home, I believe the Magic now have 11 shooting guards on their roster, and Redick is No. 10 -- one spot behind Nick Anderson, who retired six years ago.

Yet when Smith is asked what the acquisitions of Lee and Pietrus mean for Redick's future in Orlando, he actually replies: "Nothing. . . . I still think the kid can play for us. I feel no differently about him today than I felt yesterday and the day before. I feel he can be a very good backup 2-guard for us."

A backup 2-guard?

That's like an editor telling a young sportswriter, "Kid, if you work really hard, you might someday end up doing the bowling roundup for us."

In fairness, Smith points out that the Magic may have a glut of shooting guards on the roster now -- Pietrus, Lee, Redick and Keith Bogans -- but there are still some likely offseason moves to be made.

"There's more work to be done," Smith says, "so let's let the paint dry ."

Unfortunately, the paint has dried on Redick. In fact, it dried so long ago it's starting to chip. Even Redick knows it was a mistake for the Magic to draft him.

"The writing's on the wall," Redick said when contacted Wednesday by the Sentinel's Brian Schmitz. "The writing's been on the wall for some time."

For those unfamiliar with the language of the NBA, let me translate what that writing says. It says: "J.J. Redick, the biggest bust this city has seen since Paris Hilton's nightclub."

There is absolutely no other determination you can make on Redick except to say he has been a failure in a Magic uniform. He's played two seasons under two different coaches and still occupies a seat at the end of the bench. He couldn't get on the floor for the defensive-minded Brian Hill and couldn't get on the floor for the offensive-minded Stan Van Gundy.

What's it say when Redick, one of the best pure long-range shooters in college basketball history, can't play for Van Gundy, whose system puts a premium on long-range shooters?

And maybe this is the problem: The Magic, unlike many teams, have a plethora of long-range shooters. They have Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu and a shooting point guard in Jameer Nelson. Orlando doesn't need to endure Redick's defensive shortcomings just to get a shooter on the floor, but surely there's a team out there that could use a three-point bomber. And that's why the Magic should trade J.J. For the love of God, PLEASE trade him. Even if you can only get a second-round pick, cash considerations and a gallon of tattoo ink.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of hearing about him, tired of writing about him, tired of fans cheering raucously whenever he gets up from the bench and stretches.

Redick has handled his situation with class, but still, has there ever been more embarrassing adoration for a guy who never plays? It's like the second-string long snapper being the most popular player on an NFL team.

Come on, Otis, say the words -- "I made a mistake" -- cut your losses and make the trade.

Either that or the team should go back to wearing its old pinstripe uniforms in symbolic recognition of J.J. Redick -- a prisoner on the end of the Magic's bench.

And...

OrlandoSentinel.com[B]
J.J. Redick acknowledges dim future with Orlando Magic

By Brian Schmitz
Sentinel Staff Writer
10:21 AM EDT, July 9, 2008

If there was ever any doubt, Magic shooting guard J.J. Redick pretty much knows for sure now that he has no future in Orlando.

In the wake of the Magic's imminent signing of Golden State's free agent shooting guard Mickael Pietrus, Redick spoke to the Sentinel Wednesday morning and acknowledged, "The writing's on the wall. The writing's been on the wall for some time."

Redick, the popular but little-used first-round draft pick out of Duke, has watched over the last two weeks as the Magic have drafted Western Kentucky shooting guard Courtney Lee in the first round and then come to terms with Pietrus on a four-year contract believed to be worth $25 million.

Along with Redick, Lee, Pietrus and Keith Bogans, the Magic now have four shooting guards on their roster with Redick seemingly being the least valuable. He was drafted two years ago out of Duke and has been on the end of the Magic's bench ever since.

He asked for a trade in January when the Magic acquired starting shooting guard Maurice Evans from the Lakers, but Magic GM Otis Smith has said there isn't much of a market for Redick.

"I spoke with Otis last week and I'm sure we'll speak again," Redick said. "I don't really know, man. Obviously, Otis has the control."

Copyright 2008, Orlando Sentinel

Jeff Boyd
07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Would you guys take Wille Green and our first round pick We own the Jazz pick for JJ?

*Superman*
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
^ He can put up numbers, but we don't need another SG. Thats why i asked you guys for Jason Smith, IDK if you saw that.

cbreezy34
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
How serious are the Magic about trading Reddick. I think the Sixers would offer you guys Jason Smith.

*Superman*
07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
The Magic are dead serious, everyone knows that at least one of our garuds is going to get traded, either its JJ or Bogans. And we are in need for a back up PF/C so to me JJ for Smith works out because you guys can afford to lose a PF/C with the signing of Brand.

cbreezy34
07-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I feel bad for you Magic fans, I mean dont get me wrong you get to see superman every night but I am a huge Duke and Sixers fan and I just dont understand why Reddick doesnt play, it contiunies to completly baffle me. Reddick would def fit for the sixers though in my opinon.

*Superman*
07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
I do feel that he needs a chance and we(the fans) should be able to see what he can do, give him one game. It gets frustrating hearing all this talk and then nothing happens and we don't even get to see if he can play. I am gonna be mad, if he makes the rotation on some team and scores at least 10-15 PPG, with his D not being as horrible as all the coaches are saying.

philly33
07-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah man I hear you defintiely. The sixers have a lot of PF's now. I would even offer smith and a first round pick. Have u heard any rumors involving reddick and the Sixers?

*Superman*
07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
^ Right now its all talk, but don't be surprised if he does end up in Philly. The Sixers lack a shooter and the Magic don't have room for him and need a big.

My possible destinations would be Philly(need shooter), Golden State( not so much now, but they play no D and are all about shooting),the Knicks( Run and Gun style of Dantoni) and Memphis( have 4 PGs and we could use one).

lavell12
07-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I know Pat Riley is the one GM or coach that I've heard that really likes JJ but a Miami/Orlando deal maybe hard.

TrueFan23
07-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I bet he turns in to a jason kappono that comes of the bench and makes it rain from the ark. He could be good on a championship bound team.

The sixers could sure use his shooting ability.

*Superman*
07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I know Pat Riley is the one GM or coach that I've heard that really likes JJ but a Miami/Orlando deal maybe hard.

During the season, Pat Riley wanted JJ, Arroyo and our pick(i think) for Haslem. I would have tried to make that trade, but would have took out the pick. I really would want Haslem on this team, but it won't get done.

*Superman*
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I bet he turns in to a jason kappono that comes of the bench and makes it rain from the ark. He could be good on a championship bound team.

The sixers could sure use his shooting ability.

Sure but if the coaches are right, all the good gaurds will take advantage of his poor D and blow right by him.

TrueFan23
07-11-2008, 09:40 PM
he can improve his defense

samuel dalembert and brand clogging the lane, scarry

cbreezy34
07-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I just read an article on Hoopshype saying Ottis Smith is not planning on trading Reddick.

Reezy
07-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I just read an article on Hoopshype saying Ottis Smith is not planning on trading Reddick.

I guess Bogans is going to leave?

*Superman*
07-12-2008, 03:58 PM
I think JJ has no value right now, so thats why he is keeping him, but if Bogans does leave, Peitrus will start, and JJ and Lee have to fight for back up minutes. To me it looks like JJ will be insurance at the 2 spot....again!

Reezy
07-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I think JJ has no value right now, so thats why he is keeping him, but if Bogans does leave, Peitrus will start, and JJ and Lee have to fight for back up minutes. To me it looks like JJ will be insurance at the 2 spot....again!

What doesn't make any sense is that if Otis doesn't want to trade J.J., what would the point of him getting no minutes again be? It wouldn't raise his value at all. Unless Otis' plan is to start getting minutes to J.J. (starting or backup)?

*Superman*
07-12-2008, 04:42 PM
IDK, Otis is crazy. I never did like Otis, I wish we had a GM like Joe Dumars who could put a team together and is aggressive at making trades.

JJ is doomed in Orlando, I agree with the article, Otis needs to admit it was a mistake drafting JJ and needs to trade him for whatever he is worth.

cbreezy34
07-12-2008, 04:48 PM
You guys need to get rid of Reddick, this is getting so old. He needs to come to the Sixers, the coach will actually appreciate him.

*Superman*
07-12-2008, 05:49 PM
JJ needs a chance on this team now. I hope Otis and SVG realize that now and actually give both Lee and JJ time to develop on the court. But if a good enough deal comes, JJ could still be traded.

Otis is full of himself.

atomik102
07-13-2008, 06:47 AM
jj for david lee wont happen but would be great if it did lol

*Superman*
07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah the Knicks can command some serious talent for Lee. They were looking to trade him for Artest, so Lee for JJ would never happen.