PDA

View Full Version : A. Rodgers has a cannon!

XJW18
06-20-2008, 06:16 PM
While you might feel as though you're missing something watching Packers minicamp without Favre, it's impossible not to notice how impressive Rodgers looks now that No. 12 runs the offense. He has a smooth, polished retreat from center. His feet are in good position for each throw out of three- and five-step drops.

And then you take notice. His right arm sets up naturally, and the ball comes out unnaturally fast. He doesn't possess an old Randy Johnson fastball, but, in baseball terms, his 6-2 body throws the fastball of a 6-5 pitcher. Sticking to baseball comparisons, Rodgers might not generate 99 or 100 mph on the radar gun, but he'd consistently hit 94 and 95, and sometimes 96.

"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said.

theres more to read heres the link
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3450317

hughest4
06-20-2008, 06:54 PM
"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said. "We call him the 'Human Jugs Machine.' He throws it like a Jugs machine every time.

"He can make every throw on the football field, and his deep ball is one of the prettiest. Brett had a great deep ball, but Aaron has a beautiful one."

Jennings said there are some throws Rodgers makes that have more velocity than Favre's. As a young receiver, Jennings can only speak about Favre in his later years. "We knew that coming in that Aaron throws a lot harder, so it's not a surprise," the third-year Packer said.

"He's just throws hard," wide receiver Donald Driver said. "He's just one of those guys who doesn't have any touch at all. He just throws, and that's a good thing. He's able to get the ball to you when he needs to get it to you."

Thats good to hear from Jennings and Driver. I realize that these guys have to back their QB up, but i'm hoping that they are serious when they say this stuff. I'm all ready for this season to start and see what A-Rod can do out there finally

newdude
06-20-2008, 08:41 PM
A cannon arm is useless if not used correctly, so we'll see if he can play. My god, I am so sick of waiting for the season to start.

gbpack415
06-20-2008, 10:17 PM
This just gets me more pumped. I know I might be bias but I think we got a GREAT shot this year fellas

socalpkrbkr
06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Sounds good. I certainly didn't put him on having a cannon for an arm. I cant wait to see him in action on a weekly basis.

Soop
07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Rodgers challenge won't be arm strength, but decision making. Favre was a gunslinger that seemed to know when to take chances. Rodgers is intriguing none the less.

Packersfan
07-05-2008, 01:31 AM
rodgers always had an awesome arm...lets just see some production on the field and another great year from the packers.

Richinillinois
07-05-2008, 10:39 AM
What scares me are the passes that require touch such as the screen play..