PDA

View Full Version : This is our future

Baltimore_Bob
06-18-2008, 06:58 PM
All this pissing and moaning about Wieters, Tillman, Arietta, etc. is killing me.

The truth is Wieters has the best chance to be a star. Tillman, Arietta, and Matusz will be a part of the Orioles rotation no later than 2010.

SP- Guthrie
SP- Tillman
SP- Matusz
SP- Loewen (if healthy)
SP- Arietta

That will be our rotation in 2010. I know that much. The only doubt I have is Loewen. It is a longshot, but don't rule out Bedard signing here. That would be a trip. I can't predict our line-up in 2010 because of trades, but MacPhail won't let me down.

C-ross12
06-20-2008, 04:41 PM
No Patton?

orioole26
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
All this pissing and moaning about Wieters, Tillman, Arietta, etc. is killing me.

The truth is Wieters has the best chance to be a star. Tillman, Arietta, and Matusz will be a part of the Orioles rotation no later than 2010.

SP- Guthrie
SP- Tillman
SP- Matusz
SP- Loewen (if healthy)
SP- Arietta

That will be our rotation in 2010. I know that much. The only doubt I have is Loewen. It is a longshot, but don't rule out Bedard signing here. That would be a trip. I can't predict our line-up in 2010 because of trades, but MacPhail won't let me down.

Loewen won't even be around and if so he will be in the bullpen. So that spot will be given to either Spoone, Hernandez, Erbe, or Bergesen. Matusz isn't even signed yet so don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Yardbirds
07-12-2008, 01:05 AM
I am annoyed people still think Loewen will be on this squad as a starter. Loewen is a huge bust and will likely rot in the minors.

I think Matusz will be a great one, Guthrie is a good #2, Tillman and Arrieta are projects and could be good in a few years. I think Radhammes Liz will get better and better as well as Olson.

In my opinion our rotation will look like this in 2010.

Matusz
Guthrie
Olson
Liz
Patton (if he can stay healthy)

Driven
07-14-2008, 02:16 PM
If that's our rotation, we're ****ed. We need to sign some FA, too.

bmurphy28
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM

SP- Guthrie
SP- Tillman
SP- Matusz
SP- Loewen (if healthy)
SP- Arietta

I dont want Bedard to come bck and I may be alone on that. He is a jerk and a horrible team player.

bigity b
07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Only in the Orioles Forum do we bypass looking as 2009 and start looking towards 2010. A lot can happen year to year and predicting pitching in 2 years is like trying to guess what the gas prices will be. 2 years ago wasn't the future of the pitching staff supposed to be Cabrera, Penn, and Loewen? Look whats happened to them and then Guthrie burst in the scene last year... The good news is at least our farm system is beginning to become stocked with options.

SportsFan1988
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Honestly, that rotation does not look to good IMO, well at least while the O's are competing in the East. They may only be 3games under .500, which may seem like they're on the rise, but that won't last for long. The Rays, Red Soxs and Yankees are all going to be getting better in the future, so you can't expect much with that rotation. But, you guys do have a pretty good line-up, I must say. All you need is starting pitcher, maybe 1 or 2 really good starters should do it, oh and possibly one more bat, and this team will be in contention...but it would take a lot for that to happen.

bigity b
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Honestly, that rotation does not look to good IMO, well at least while the O's are competing in the East. They may only be 3games under .500, which may seem like they're on the rise, but that won't last for long. The Rays, Red Soxs and Yankees are all going to be getting better in the future, so you can't much with that rotation. But, you guys do have a pretty good line-up, I must say. All you need is starting pitcher, maybe 1 or 2 really good starters should do it, oh and possibly one more bat, and this team will be in contention...but it would take a lot for that to happen.

The Yanks are not getting better in the future - only if they buy more players

SportsFan1988
07-16-2008, 02:04 PM
The Yanks are not getting better in the future - only if they buy more players

That is what I meant.

dan_m
07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Bedard sp
Gunthrie sp
Tillman sp
Matusz sp
Cabrera sp

Ray cl
Johnson s.u.r.
Arietta r
Lowen r
Albers r
Liz r
Patton r

lineup
Wieters c
Teixeira 1st
Roberts 2nd
Costanzo/Moore 3rd
? f. a . ss
Reimold lf
Jones cf
Markakis rf
Scott dh

this would be a good lineup for 2010. Bedards value has droped and most teams will shy away from him so i think we could get him back. We mostly need a SS , anyone but who we already have. havent thought about bench though. All current players i havent mentioned will be traded or let go. What do you think. Yanks and Sox are getting old and will be in basement or close to it in 2010. Rays will be our competition for division.

bigity b
07-17-2008, 01:04 PM
What do you think. Yanks and Sox are getting old and will be in basement or close to it in 2010. Rays will be our competition for division.

The yanks and blue jays will hopefully be in the basement but the Rays and Sox will stay at the top. The Red Sox have apparently one of the most impressively stocked minor leagues so they'll stay in contention with their youth and spending abilities. Hopefully the Orioles can follow the Rays blueprint and stock up so they can burst on the scene in 2010. Signing Texeira would help that go a long way. Our biggest holes in thge minors are 1st base and shortstop (and second base if we get rid of Roberts)

Thinkb4upost
08-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Bedard sp
Gunthrie sp
Tillman sp
Matusz sp
Cabrera sp

Ray cl
Johnson s.u.r.
Arietta r
Lowen r
Albers r
Liz r
Patton r

lineup
Wieters c
Teixeira 1st
Roberts 2nd
Costanzo/Moore 3rd
? f. a . ss
Reimold lf
Jones cf
Markakis rf
Scott dh

this would be a good lineup for 2010. Bedards value has droped and most teams will shy away from him so i think we could get him back. We mostly need a SS , anyone but who we already have. havent thought about bench though. All current players i havent mentioned will be traded or let go. What do you think. Yanks and Sox are getting old and will be in basement or close to it in 2010. Rays will be our competition for division.
OMG
why do oriole fans(which I am one)fall in love with marginal prospects...any body under 27 that they get in a trade
Costanzo or Moore aren't serious prospects
Chris Richard
David Newhan ring a bell

Matsuz is not even signed...he hasn't thrown a picth in pro ball wtf...I would've said this even if the news on Loewen didn't come out...but Loewen wasn't even a sure shot so how is Matsuz already projected

If Arrieta is coming out of the bullpen...means he either failed as a starter or the Orioles are in contention

If Texiera wasn't from Baltimore would yall be so in love with him god...I love the dude I love all around players but I could careless that he's from Baltimore...why does being from Baltimore matter to y'all...give me 9 all stars from New York

Thank You
Thinkb4upost