PDA

View Full Version : ***Breaking News*** Aaron Rodgers News

MuskyHunter
06-17-2008, 03:07 PM
He finally got his hair cut!!!:clap:

IRNMN
06-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Bummer. I was never against the hair for Rodgers. But if it makes him play better why not, but we will have to wait and see.

duncky1188
06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I am glad he got his hair cut.

twelvePack
06-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah he needed to. He looked like a tool with long hair.

newdude
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
What's wrong with long hair? lol.

twelvePack
06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Nothing is wrong with long hair, it just didn't work for Rodgers.

Rtardz
06-17-2008, 05:11 PM
seriously who cares about his hair, I have no problem with it long or short. As long as he throws TD`s and no few int`s thats all that matters. sheesh:eyebrow:

Bauermundo
06-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm more excited that Nick barnett no longer has that blonde mohawk. As much as I like Nick "beats", that blonde mohawk made us look like a joke. If you're gonna do a blonde mohawk, at least shape it like a cheesehead.

StickyGreenFan
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
wheres the picture at i havent seen yet? i prefer a bald head but maybe cuz thats what im used to seeing, but i just dont like long hair

ryanph30
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Good to hear, he looked homeless.

XJW18
06-17-2008, 06:42 PM
GOOD.
lol

XJW18
06-17-2008, 07:40 PM
here is a vid from Packers.com
of him and his haircut lol

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/recent/

hughest4
06-17-2008, 07:51 PM
I got kind of scared when i first read the title of this thread. My initial reactions were that he was either injured again or was holding out(for some reason) so i'm definitely glad to see it was only about him getting a haircut. Good for him i guess...?

Ryan Diesel
06-18-2008, 07:24 AM
I dunno, I just seen him with his new haircut. Maybe he shoulda stuck with the long hair. Maybe he should just wear a hat.

duncky1188
06-18-2008, 11:01 AM
He looks like a pretty boy now. Some people dont look good with long hair and he is one of them.

twelvePack
06-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I dunno, I just seen him with his new haircut. Maybe he shoulda stuck with the long hair. Maybe he should just wear a hat.

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Yeah, he should just keep his helmet on all of the time like Ricky Williams used to.

wissportsfan
06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
It didn't really bother me that much. I know it bothers some people when guys like Harris and Bigby have that long of hair but I really don't care as long as they can play football.

salsa
06-19-2008, 12:38 AM
nice haircut...he actually looks serious now

WestTexasPacker
06-19-2008, 01:18 AM
i thought he looked cool with the long hair, i was actually hoping he'd keep it! but i know exactly what he did, he told himself when he got drafted that he wasn't going to cut his hair until brett was gone and well it took three years and a lot of hair, but now its his time, and he got his hair cut! i for one like that attitude, it shows a lot of resolve and determination about his career. i'm excited to see what he will do for us this year, i think he will kick ***!

Cullksinikers
06-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Rodgers would've gotten sacked by the hair. Just kidding, but Al Harris can get away with the long hair.

jwdaly07
06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Good thing he cut it, I like the guy but was he trying to look like Jesus?

iam brett favre
06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't like the guy at all? Just as a person I dont like him. But as a player of course Ill like him.

beast
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't like the guy at all? Just as a person I dont like him. But as a player of course Ill like him.

DO you don't him as a person? Do you know any of the players as people? I can't understand how any one doesn't like players that haven't done anything as a person.

Good thing he cut it, I like the guy but was he trying to look like Jesus?

He was trying to grow his hair so long, for he could then cut it off, and then donate the cut off hair to a group that makes wigs out of real hair, and the wigs which then are given to people that for one reason or another can't grow hair, or people who our undergoing cancer and needed their hair shaved off. Or they sell the wigs and the money goes to those people. Depending what group it takes at least 6 to 8 inches of hair before they will take it, and really I think every one should do it at least once, and for the people that like doing it do it over and over.

I'm more excited that Nick barnett no longer has that blonde mohawk. As much as I like Nick "beats", that blonde mohawk made us look like a joke. If you're gonna do a blonde mohawk, at least shape it like a cheesehead.

awwwwwww you had to bring that thing up.... that was horrible.... I'm all for mohawks once in a while but for what ever reason that just looked horrible...

also IMO good call on the cheesehead...

RcrkllrH2
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
He was trying to grow his hair so long, for he could then cut it off, and then donate the cut off hair to a group that makes wigs out of real hair, and the wigs which then are given to people that for one reason or another can't grow hair, or people who our undergoing cancer and needed their hair shaved off. Or they sell the wigs and the money goes to those people. Depending what group it takes at least 6 to 8 inches of hair before they will take it, and really I think every one should do it at least once, and for the people that like doing it do it over and over.

really? was he? cuz if thats the case than good for him

darwin31
06-19-2008, 10:38 PM

Why is this? Did he make the sexy time with your girlfriend?

jwdaly07
06-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Why is this? Did he make the sexy time with your girlfriend?

Lots of Packer fans don't like him because they want Brett Favre to play until he's dead

iam brett favre
06-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Lots of Packer fans don't like him because they want Brett Favre to play until he's dead

True. Very True.
Thats def. part of it for me.

iam brett favre
06-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Watched an interview.. he's not that bad :p

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-20-2008, 02:10 AM
thank god finally

wwfd1220
07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
SI PUTS AARON RODGERS IN SOME UNSAVORY COMPANY
Posted by Josh Alper on July 1, 2008, 4:10 p.m.
Aaron Rodgers hasn’t thrown his first pass of the post-Brett Favre era and he’s already being compared to some of the more infamous second acts in NFL history.

An article in this week’s Sports Illustrated, leaked by the Green Bay Press-Gazette, lumps Rodgers in with the likes of Marty Domres, Richard Todd and Scott Hunter. Those three men share their own difficulties replacing Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath and Bart Starr, respectively, as starting quarterbacks. The shared advice from the famous followers is that Rodgers must exude confidence to be a success.

That doesn’t appear to be a problem for Rodgers. Asked by SI’s Chris Ballard if he feels the need to make Packer fans forget about Brett Favre, Rodgers replies “I don’t feel I need to sell myself to the fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut.”

The confidence is good but most of your NFL fans will reserve the right to pursue a third, unstated option in response to Rodgers’s Sunday efforts.

man, for rodgers sake i sure hope he is not directing this to the green bay faithfull. because if he is, he better come out guns ablazing or he may just be run right out of town. it sounds like he is calling out the fans here. not very wise a-rod. i like the confidence if he were 5-0 going into the 6th game of the season. i just think it is too early to be **** talking like this

SamG187
07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
SI PUTS AARON RODGERS IN SOME UNSAVORY COMPANY
Posted by Josh Alper on July 1, 2008, 4:10 p.m.
Aaron Rodgers hasn’t thrown his first pass of the post-Brett Favre era and he’s already being compared to some of the more infamous second acts in NFL history.

An article in this week’s Sports Illustrated, leaked by the Green Bay Press-Gazette, lumps Rodgers in with the likes of Marty Domres, Richard Todd and Scott Hunter. Those three men share their own difficulties replacing Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath and Bart Starr, respectively, as starting quarterbacks. The shared advice from the famous followers is that Rodgers must exude confidence to be a success.

That doesn’t appear to be a problem for Rodgers. Asked by SI’s Chris Ballard if he feels the need to make Packer fans forget about Brett Favre, Rodgers replies “I don’t feel I need to sell myself to the fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut.”

The confidence is good but most of your NFL fans will reserve the right to pursue a third, unstated option in response to Rodgers’s Sunday efforts.

man, for rodgers sake i sure hope he is not directing this to the green bay faithfull. because if he is, he better come out guns ablazing or he may just be run right out of town. it sounds like he is calling out the fans here. not very wise a-rod. i like the confidence if he were 5-0 going into the 6th game of the season. i just think it is too early to be **** talking like this

Board now or keep our mouths shut? just like you said who the hell is he talking to Packers fans? Did somebody find him next to an empty jack daniels bottle when he made this quote? If he comes out first game and throws
3 INT in a losing effort against the Vikes he can expect boo's that will be heard all the way in costa rica..What a dumb move to get people to back you, yea people are going to talk he should expect that..We made it to the NFC championship last year and don't expect anything less this year because of the talented team we have...Better quit caring about what others think and quit talking to the media and play some football

SDteacher
07-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Board now or keep our mouths shut? just like you said who the hell is he talking to Packers fans? Did somebody find him next to an empty jack daniels bottle when he made this quote? If he comes out first game and throws
3 INT in a losing effort against the Vikes he can expect boo's that will be heard all the way in costa rica..What a dumb move to get people to back you, yea people are going to talk he should expect that..We made it to the NFC championship last year and don't expect anything less this year because of the talented team we have...Better quit caring about what others think and quit talking to the media and play some football

I could not disagree with you guys anymore. I'm a huge Packer fan and I like it. I feel the same way that he does. I love what he said and I think it needed to be said to all the, for lack of a better word/phrase, yes-no-Packer Fans. Packer fans need to decide whether or not they're going to give him a shot or not, and your exactly wrong if he does throw 3 ints in an a loss to the Vikings I'm sure he'll expect to get booed as would Favre after thrownig a threesome of picks. But he's talking about the fans who would want to hang him by the neck in the town square. Like I said, I like his comments I like the level of confidence he has. I think it's a definite plus, and I really hope he works out.

Soop
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
I think cutting his hair was a good move.

iam brett favre
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
:pity: to Aaron Rodgers. Come back favre!

hughest4
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm extremely happy that Aaron Rodgers is that confident and i hope and think he will do very well. Like this article i will posts says, it could have been taken out of context. The fans should back him instead of wanting Favre to come back IMO...

Aaron Rodgers would neither defend nor dispute "the comment" in the Sports Illustrated story due out tomorrow, opting instead to send a direct message to Packers fans.

Reached by telephone Tuesday afternoon, Rodgers said he meant no negative connotation to fans and wanted to immediately clear up any misunderstanding.

"I do care deeply about the fans and I think anybody who has been to training camp and sees I'm a lot of times the last one out signing autographs sees I care about the fans, I care about their opinions," said Rodgers. "Everybody wants the fans to care for them and to pull for them and I am no different. That's why the thing that would bother me the most would be if anybody would be offended by the things that were stated because I do care about the fans."

Rodgers refused to say if he was quoted accurately or if the quote was taken out of context. Here's what he was quoted as saying in the SI article:

"I don't feel I need to sell myself to fans. They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut."

"I think my record as far as the time I spend with the fans, and more importantly the stuff I do in the community, kind of speaks for itself," said Rodgers. "I think we (fans and he) do have a good relationship. We've spent three years now getting to know each other. I don't think it is going to do much for anybody to get in to Ok, well, what exactly did I say, because my record is pretty obvious."

For example, Rodgers has attended the Packers' offseason Fan Fest, Brett Favre's old softball game and most recently Edgar Bennett's Bowling Event all for charity. He has also spoken at schools and made other community appearances.

In three years, Rodgers has also avoided any controversy as Favre's high profile backup.

"The biggest disappointment in this whole thing is if anybody is offended by the stuff I say because I think that my track record pretty much speaks for itself in the way I feel about the fans," said Rodgers. "I don't want the wrong message to come out of this."

-jsonline.com

SDteacher
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM

You’re ridiculous

Ryan Diesel
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
He only said that cuz he's pissed that Favres coming back.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 04:52 PM
well i guess being a packer fan in wisconsin makes me feel a little different towards the comments. i am a season ticket holder. i pay, and many other season ticket holders (the majority of who are wisconsin residents) pay this guys contract dollars. like i stated i like the attitude and all. i just think it is a little early. not trying to bash you out of state packer backers at all. but i think it is different for us fans in wisconsin.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 04:54 PM
it sounds like he is calling out the fans here. not very wise a-rod. i like the confidence if he were 5-0 going into the 6th game of the season. i just think it is too early to be **** talking like this

He should call out the fans. They deserve it if they choose not to support him not and want to jump on the bandwagon later when he's successful.

And he's right, either support him now or shut up months from now when he's winning games. It'll be funny to hear all the people that are bashing him now saying "I knew he could do it all along!" later on.

wwfd1220
07-02-2008, 05:06 PM
He should call out the fans. They deserve it if they choose not to support him not and want to jump on the bandwagon later when he's successful.

And he's right, either support him now or shut up months from now when he's winning games. It'll be funny to hear all the people that are bashing him now saying "I knew he could do it all along!" later on.

i am not bashing him. i am simply stating he should refrain from making comments like this until he wins a couple of games. you start calling out the fans. you better make good on your comments.

jwdaly07
07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I didn't say you were bashing him.

Chrisman04
07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Rodgers is garbage and needs not open his mouth. Of course he has something to prove.....uh how about if he can play QB in the NFL.

I thought the breaking news was that he hurt himself walking the dog. What a fragile little ******.

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:52 PM

He only said that cuz he's pissed that Favres coming back.

It's hard to tell who you guys hate more.

Packersfan
07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
As long as he throws tds, i dont care

Soop
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM
As long as he throws tds, i dont care

How about INT's?