PDA

View Full Version : Who Would you rather have: Chris Bosh or Elton Brand?

Mile High Champ
06-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I have gotten into this with a clippers fan at their board in regard to this. I personally think its Bosh. When you consider age and his more complete game. What does everyone else think? I really want to know. I just want to get an unbiased perspective in regard to what the rest of the fans of the NBA believe. Please explain why after you vote.

Mile High Champ
06-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Dont forget to vote as well..

mjt20mik
06-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Bosh. For the simple reason that he's young, and he is consistently expanding his game and getting better. Brand is also a very good player, but the injuries have plagued him (as well as Bosh) but to a greater extent.

bidi_nash
06-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Bosh because he is one of the hardest covers in the league because of his good jump shot, if you use a big guy he can take the long range shot and if you use a shorter guy he can power his way to the basket, no contest bosh is better

KmB728
06-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Id take Bosh... hes younger

also Brand is coming off an injury

BigT901
06-17-2008, 12:18 PM
all i have to ask you people is : Do you guyz ever watch the clippers play on a regular Basis. Brand is a better defender, brand is a better post up player, a real good mid range shooter, a great shot blocker for his position, and he makes better decisions. Bosh only averaged 5 more points than him last season and that was because brand came back from a knee surgery and still put up 18 a game and all the other stats were pretty much the same, so now hes back to full health. Its okay though because every1 that isnt a clipper fan under rates the whole clipper team. but compare there stats from last season on the link i have and remember that brand hadnt played ball for about 7 months.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/elton_brand/index.html?nav=page

Lakerfrk
06-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Very good debate..

Brand is a Power player, and Bosh is a finesse player.

I'm going with Bosh because of his athleticism, plain and simple. He has the ability to do more with the ball.

ink
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Can't really vote. Bosh needs a big man to allow him to develop. Brands needs to be healthy. So, as they stand right now, neither.

OaklandsFinest
06-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Forget about the age debate, Bosh is just better. Hes got an inside outside game, can d up, can handle the ball. He got the raptors in the playoffs Brand has only been 1 time in his whole career with a much better cast. Bosh will prolly be the best PF ever at the end of his career.

drob33
06-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Forget about the age debate, Bosh is just better. Hes got an inside outside game, can d up, can handle the ball. He got the raptors in the playoffs Brand has only been 1 time in his whole career with a much better cast. Bosh will prolly be the best PF ever at the end of his career.

I'm sure Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, and Charles Barkley would all agree with you.:clap:

BigT901
06-17-2008, 12:32 PM
THERE in the east if you guyz remember when the clippers were healthy 2 years ago brand averaged 25 pts, and 10 rebs and that was when they were 1 win away from the western conference finals. Brand has just as good a shot from midrange if not better than bosh's. Brand has more post skills, he has more strenght, he has way better D, And he is just an overall better player, you people just never watch the clippers so you dont know.

Faneik
06-17-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm sure Tim Duncan, Karl Malone, and Charles Barkley would all agree with you.:clap:

Garnett has to be mentioned too

drob33
06-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Garnett has to be mentioned too

Yeah, my point was just that there is a long list of people Bosh is behind.

BigT901
06-17-2008, 12:44 PM
did you guyz know that brand is 1 of 4 active players in the league to average 20 and 10 throughout there whole career so far. And drob33 did you know that karl malone, tim duncan, and charles barkely are also on the list of players of averaging 20 and 10 thru there whole career but Bosh Isnt........HAHA.... Brand is a future hall of famer.

PhillyLuver
06-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Guyz, guyz, guyz.

I take Bosh solely because of youth, less injury-prone, and more complete game.

Mile High Champ
06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
seems like bosh is the guy right..

WillisLovechild
06-17-2008, 02:47 PM

LMFAO! ah, no. brand is better and he has a much worse cast. al thornton is gonna be a great player very soon, so when brand comes back and plays with him they'll be dangerous. bosh is a decent player, brand gets overlooked cuz he's a clipper. brand is a top 3 PF when he's healthy, along with garnett and duncan. he is vastly underrated, and thats just further proven by your post.

so to answer the original question, i'd take brand.

WillisLovechild
06-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Guyz, guyz, guyz.

I take Bosh solely because of youth, less injury-prone, and more complete game.

the other two i'll go with, but hell no to the more complete game. this really is a stupid question, no offense to the guy who asked it, but brand is clearly a better player than bosh at this juncture. brand is just overlooked cuz he is a clipper.

_Sn1P3r_
06-17-2008, 04:32 PM
I'd take Bosh. He's younger, more finesse and Brand is still coming out of an injury which could affect his game.

BigT901
06-17-2008, 08:01 PM
no it didnt effect him when he came back for 8 games

Mile High Champ
06-18-2008, 09:28 AM
the other two i'll go with, but hell no to the more complete game. this really is a stupid question, no offense to the guy who asked it, but brand is clearly a better player than bosh at this juncture. brand is just overlooked cuz he is a clipper.

you made no points to support that Brand is better other than saying no.. Nice job!

LakerzDQ
06-19-2008, 06:58 AM
*sigh*
once a player gets injured, they get underrated as hell.

Elton Brand is a way better rebounder, defender, and overall player.
Bosh is a better shooter, that's all.

but if you're talking age, Bosh is way younger, so probably more valuable.

Tom81
08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Chris Bosh

thesparky33
08-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I'd take Bosh, but only because he's what, 4-5 years younger?

If they were the same age, I'd take Brand.

bogdanrom
08-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Forget about the age debate, Bosh is just better. Hes got an inside outside game, can d up, can handle the ball. He got the raptors in the playoffs Brand has only been 1 time in his whole career with a much better cast.

:laugh: Have you ever heard of Tim Duncan, KG, and Karl Malone.