PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets 2008-09 Roster, Schedule, and Talk

DenButsu
06-16-2008, 07:34 AM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2987/newnuggetslogojh1.png
WELCOME TO THE PSD NUGGETS FORUM!!!
If you're new, please feel free to check in and introduce yourself in this thread.
You can include any info you want, such as location, favorite Nuggets players,
some of your other favorite teams and sports, and other interests, etc.

The roster and schedule are linked below,
and other information and updates may be posted at times.
This thread can also be used for general talk about the Nuggets.
Here's to a successful Nuggets season, and to some good discussion and good times!
:cheers:

+~+~+~+~+

DENVER NUGGETS PRESEASON SCHEDULE (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260106)

+~+~+~+~+

DENVER NUGGETS 2008-09 SCHEDULE (http://www.nba.com/nuggets/schedule/)

+~+~+~+~+

DENVER NUGGETS 2008-09 ROSTER (http://www.nba.com/nuggets/roster/)

+~+~+~+~+

NBA 2008-09 SEASON CALENDAR (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=3563475)

+~+~+~+~+

The 2008-09 season is just over the horizon...
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/crew/exp7/luletters/graphics/ll_iss007e10974.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9729/pickaxefw3.gif

C-Dub
06-20-2008, 09:51 AM
well, the draft shall bring either great happiness to the nuggets or horrible sadness and we achieve nothin again.

DJiC
06-20-2008, 10:04 AM
i say it brings horrible sadness and we achieve nothing again because well lets be real thats how our FO wants us fans to be...sad and coming to the realization that they are a bunch of douchebags for letting karl decide if we get artest or not

C-Dub
06-20-2008, 12:54 PM
i guess all we can do is hope, im not playin past the trade deadline in my season on NBA Live 08 so I can make changes due to big trades...hopefully Denver is involved in one or two of them...

DenButsu
06-21-2008, 06:38 AM
What do you guys think of my new Nuggets logo?

Here's the key, since I apparently didn't do a good enough job with the "art" (since I'm not an artist) to make it possible to understand: His beard is cornrowed, and that's not pit hair, they're tats, and what he's holding is not a pickaxe.

Okay, I might not be following your rules exactly. But I can't use photoshop, and I have no artistic skills. So here's my adaptation of the old original Nuggets logo using Paint:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/875/newnugslogovs6.png

And here's the original for comparison:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8572/nugsoldlogozp7.gif

(jic you couldn't tell, I was trying to cornrow the beard - but I don't think that's too clear :laugh2: )

DenButsu
06-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm not gonna bother with putting it on the "official schedule" there, but Melo has his DUI hearing today (Tuesday the 24th, that is).

DenButsu
07-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Nuggets have little money to spend, but plenty of work left

There's not much money to spend but plenty of roster spots.

The Nuggets, deep into the luxury tax, enter today's start of free agency with eight players with guaranteed contracts totaling more than $78 million. They must carry 13 players in the regular season...

Monday's deadline passed with the Nuggets making no announcement on picking up the $972,581 qualifying offer of guard Yakhouba Diawara, which would make him an unrestricted free agent instead of restricted.Other Denver unrestricted free agents are guard Anthony Carter and forward Eduardo Najera. Guard J.R. Smith, whom the Nuggets want to retain, is restricted.

With Smith in line to possibly get a deal around the midlevel exception of $5.5 million, it remains to be seen how much the Nuggets might spend on other roster spots. If Carter isn't re-signed, the Nuggets might be in the market for a point guard, with free agents Tyronn Lue and Sam Cassell already having expressed interest.

The Nuggets' end-of- the-bench players might end up making the minimum.

Second-round pick Sonny Weems is likely to sign for the minimum, and the Nuggets must make calls by Aug. 1 and Aug. 15 on Taurean Green and Bobby Jones or else their minimum deals become guaranteed...

The salary cap is expected to be about $59 million and the luxury tax line around $70 million.rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/01/nuggets-have-little-money-to-spend-but-plenty-of/)

TheFuture6
07-01-2008, 08:03 AM
What do you guys think of my new Nuggets logo?

Here's the key, since I apparently didn't do a good enough job with the "art" (since I'm not an artist) to make it possible to understand: His beard is cornrowed, and that's not pit hair, they're tats, and what he's holding is not a pickaxe.

:laugh:

I can't believe I missed this. That's skills man.

TheFuture6
07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
I took a stab at re-creating your idea. (http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/5383/logov1ss5.jpg)

What do ya think? :smoking:

DenButsu
07-01-2008, 08:57 AM
I took a stab at re-creating your idea. (http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/5383/logov1ss5.jpg)

What do ya think? :smoking:

:up::clap:

Much better - graphically and also in terms of clarity (tattoos not pit hair :cool: )

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 06:02 AM
If there is one thing the Nuggets need to do, is get their roles in order.

Each player should recognize his role.

After this, maybe we can form some kind of offensive as well as defensive scheme(s).

DenButsu
07-07-2008, 06:11 AM

After this, maybe we can form some kind of offensive as well as defensive scheme(s).

Let me ask you this then, Crunchy, since you're one of the stauncher supporters of AI not being traded here...

What specifically do you think his role should be?

How should his minutes be divided between the 1 and the 2?

More specifically, what kind of offensive scheme should we have that would best utilize his strengths, and what would you see his role as being within that scheme?

TheFuture6
07-07-2008, 06:32 AM

Schemes and roles? :laugh2:

George Karl anyone?

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Let me ask you this then, Crunchy, since you're one of the stauncher supporters of AI not being traded here...

What specifically do you think his role should be?

How should his minutes be divided between the 1 and the 2?

More specifically, what kind of offensive scheme should we have that would best utilize his strengths, and what would you see his role as being within that scheme?

Same role as Chauncey Billups to the Pistons.

DenButsu
07-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Same role as Chauncey Billups to the Pistons.

Well, I'm glad to see that we're in agreement then, that he should play the point, or at least spend most of his time there. I think he's more focused on being a facilitator for his teammates when he's in the 1, and it also enables us to be stronger defensively as we can put some size in at the 2.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Well, I'm glad to see that we're in agreement then, that he should play the point, or at least spend most of his time there. I think he's more focused on being a facilitator for his teammates when he's in the 1, and it also enables us to be stronger defensively as we can put some size in at the 2.

AI should definitely be at the point.

JR at the 2.

Have AI switch to the 2, and bring Chucky off of the bench.

Have Kleiza be the backup for Carmelo, or he can be the alternate shooting guard (for mismatch advantages).

Have Nene backup K-Mart.

Steven Hunter backup Camby. These two should both have respectable minutes.

DenButsu
07-25-2008, 09:49 AM
For now, the Nuggets have 10 players with guaranteed contracts totaling a cap number of $70.67 million. Anthony Carter will make $1.26 million, Andersen $998,398 and Dahntay Jones $926,678, but all three count $797,581 against the cap since the NBA pays the balance of salaries for veterans of three or more years who sign one-year minimum deals.
If Smith returns for the $3.04 million qualifying offer, if the Nuggets keep Weems and if they sign another player who counts the $797,581 minimum against the cap, that would give them a team salary-cap number of $74.95 million. That's $3.8 million over the luxury-tax threshold of $71.15.
But the Nuggets haven't given up on trying to get under the tax line next season. And to do that, they figure to listen to offers for Allen Iverson, due to make $20.84 million.rockymountainnews (http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/nuggets/archives/2008/07/green_bobby_jon.html)

avsman05
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Francisco Elson is not likely to sign with the Nuggets this season after the team signed PF Chris Andersen on Thursday.

"We talked (to the Nuggets), but I don't know if that's going to be the right direction or not (for Elson)," agent Calvin Andrews said. ``The chances (of signing with Denver) have gone down, definitely." The Nuggets are looking to fill their roster with league minimum signings, except for J.R. Smith, who they're hoping agrees to a $3.04 million qualifying offer.

Source: Rocky Mountain News

I think they could still use them but this just adds to the tangled web we've weaved for our loveable Nuggets.

3RDASYSTEM
07-25-2008, 06:11 PM
A.i. At The Point, Kwame Brown Over Elson..i Know Brown Doesnt Have Off. Game But Hes Big N Physical Plays D N Can Rebound, Denver Has The 3pt Shooters In Jr N Kleiza All They Have To Do Is Improve During Off Season Like Lakers Role Players Did, Or Maybe Melo Needs To Rant Off Like Kobe To Light A Fire Under The Role Players

DenButsu
07-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Source: Rocky Mountain News

I think they could still use them but this just adds to the tangled web we've weaved for our loveable Nuggets.

Well, I think the flip side of that story is that Elson is holding out for more than a minimum salary. If the better offer doesn't come, and he and his agent decide they'll settle for a min., then I'd guess he still has a chance to land in Denver. They're just not going to offer him more than that minimum.

ivyleague1
07-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Iverson is and will continue to be the leader and SG of the Denver Nuggets. If some of you Melophyles need a distributor for Melo trade for Jason Kidd. Iverson for Kidd and some picks may be good enough. Dallas will go back to the NBA finals and win it this time.

Dirk MVP.
Dampier.
Howard
Iverson MVP.
Terry.

Stackhouse
ets

I smell a championship !!!!!!!!!!!

DenButsu
07-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Iverson is and will continue to be the leader and SG of the Denver Nuggets. If some of you Melophyles need a distributor for Melo trade for Jason Kidd. Iverson for Kidd and some picks may be good enough. Dallas will go back to the NBA finals and win it this time.

Dirk MVP.
Dampier.
Howard
Iverson MVP.
Terry.

Stackhouse
ets

I smell a championship !!!!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone who's not a total Iverson nutlicker a "Melophyle" to you? :shrug:

Seriously, say one critical word about AI around here and feel your defensive wrath...

He's a great player, a legendary player, an auto lock HOFer, nobody disputes that. But he's also human and his game has flaws (AS DOES MELO'S, OBVIOUSLY), and he's getting old (although you claim he's not) and he's overpaid now (which you'd also dispute but I'd bet you $1,000 right now that no team in the league will pay AI $21 million a year after he becomes unrestricted and signs a new contract), so from a financial standpoint and from the standpoint of considering the future of the Nuggets beyond the 2008-09 season, it just makes more sense to trade him than Melo.

It doesn't mean that anybody likes him less than Melo, and it doesn't even mean that people think Melo's a better player. It's just that in trying to evaluate the Nuggets from the standpoint of the front office, it's the more sensible view.

Bottom line: We took on AI and his huge contract so he'd get us out of the first round, and it never happened.

ivyleague1
07-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Why is everyone who's not a total Iverson nutlicker a "Melophyle" to you? :shrug:

Seriously, say one critical word about AI around here and feel your defensive wrath...

He's a great player, a legendary player, an auto lock HOFer, nobody disputes that. But he's also human and his game has flaws (AS DOES MELO'S, OBVIOUSLY), and he's getting old (although you claim he's not) and he's overpaid now (which you'd also dispute but I'd bet you $1,000 right now that no team in the league will pay AI $21 million a year after he becomes unrestricted and signs a new contract), so from a financial standpoint and from the standpoint of considering the future of the Nuggets beyond the 2008-09 season, it just makes more sense to trade him than Melo.

It doesn't mean that anybody likes him less than Melo, and it doesn't even mean that people think Melo's a better player. It's just that in trying to evaluate the Nuggets from the standpoint of the front office, it's the more sensible view.

Bottom line: We took on AI and his huge contract so he'd get us out of the first round, and it never happened.

A.I. was to get Nuggets out of the first round while defering to Melo ??? Melo is prone to turning balls over in the last five minutes of games. Yes A.I. will make $21.94 mils this coming season, but, Denver Nuggets as a franchise has been appreciating in value significantly since he arrived. He is capable of taking the Nuggets to any height as long as Melo does not turn balls over in the last five minutes. Melo should allow Iverson to bring the victory. If you do not want Iverson trade him to Dallas, for Kidd + picks.

DenButsu
07-26-2008, 01:02 AM
A.I. was to get Nuggets out of the first round while defering to Melo ??? Melo is prone to turning balls over in the last five minutes of games. Yes A.I. will make $21.94 mils this coming season, but, Denver Nuggets as a franchise has been appreciating in value significantly since he arrived. He is capable of taking the Nuggets to any height as long as Melo does not turn balls over in the last five minutes. Melo should allow Iverson to bring the victory. If you do not want Iverson trade him to Dallas, for Kidd + picks.

Since when did AI ever defer to Melo on the basketball court? The only thing that could possibly be construed in that way is the lip service he paid to the Nuggets being "Melo's team", but he has never played basketball for the Nuggets in any capacity other than #1 option, primary ball handler, and de facto team leader. "Melo should allow Iverson to bring the victory"?!? Iverson should allow his teammates to touch the ball with more than 10 seconds remaining on the shot clock sometimes.

And if you want to talk playoffs, both Melo and AI had terrible playoff performances this postseason, but last year against the Spurs only one of them did well, and that was Melo.

But all of this misses my point entirely. As I explicitly said above, it's not even about which player is better, it's about salary and age. Period. Bottom line. End of story. Regardless of whether AI is traded this summer, traded by the deadline, or his contract is allowed to expire at the enc of the upcoming season, in 2009-10, Carmelo Anthony will be on the Denver Nuggets and Allen Iverson won't.

And the last thing I want is to trade AI for Kidd. I guess you missed the thread that Chronz made (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5932357&highlight=kidd#post5932357).

DenButsu
08-02-2008, 01:45 AM
A lot of fans are upset that Karl didn't get fired.

A lot are pissed about the Camby trade, especially about the way it was handled.

Some don't like how we let Najera walk away.

Most of the signings in their stead have ranged from eye rolling (AC) to underwhelming (Dahntay) to somewhat encouraging (Balkman and the Birdman), and have fallen short of really addressing our big needs in big ways.

A lot of the FO's moves are based on improving the financial situation of the team, which isn't something fans get stoked about.

There's anxiety about not having re-signed J.R. yet.

By not communicating their agenda to us, we fans still don't know if the front office is more or less writing off the 2008-09 season, or if they still plan on making a big move or two to make one last serious attempt at giving AI-Melo a genuine shot at success.

So all in all, for most Nuggets fans, this ain't exactly a "feel good" offseason.

----------------------------------------------
But there are reasons to be hopeful:

-Camby's performance was really on the decline over the course of last season. We'll see what he does on the Clippers, but I suspect that they will be getting some rapidily diminishing returns (http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1130/camby0708ud9.png) on their investment. Meanwhile, what we got in exchange - the $10 million trade exception - can't possibly decrease in value and, in fact, will probably grow in value as we get closer to 2010 and teams are really feeling pressure to dump salary to get into the game that summer.

-Camby is 34 and Najera is 32. Andersen is 30 and Balkman is 24. As replacements, they won't be able to do all the things Marcus and Eddie did, but they'll be able to do a good portion of it, and at a very small fraction of the cost. And they're younger, too, so if they perform well (and Balkman should really be improving a lot - he'll get a big opportunity to do so in Denver), we can probably retain them for a while at not too unreasonable a cost, and have a more youthful continuation of our roster into the next few seasons.

-Two more factors that offset the loss of Camby and Najera are the return of Nene and Chucky (assuming they both can play), and the continued improvement of Kleiza and J.R. - especially J.R. It's pretty clear to me that Nene is a better all-around, two way player than Camby (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5991722&postcount=18), a true post presence, a true post scorer and a real one-on-one defender. J.R. getting more minutes should push AI over to the 1 more often, decreasing the playing time of mediocre points, and Chucky playing more than AC should increase the quality of play (not so much in D but in ball distribution and floor spacing) of those mediocre points. With a lot of different forwards with different fortes we should also have a much more flexible and adaptable 3-4-5 rotation (should Karl actually play the bench).

-And even if the roster stays as it is now, and we don't trade AI and we don't use that TE, then next summer when he comes off the books we'll be using that for sure and getting another young (or young-ish) player to add to our young core who can stay with the team for a good long time.

------------------------------------

One more thing I'm actually enjoying a lot more about this offseason than the last one is that it's a lot more interesting. Not all the things that make it interesting are positives to a lot of people, but nobody can deny that it's a lot more eventful than last summer. We have a lot more to talk about (including the Olympics), and the time seems to me to be passing much more quickly. And there's still enough time and reason for speculation about potential trades and signings that could still happen that even when the headlines aren't driving the forums, we should still have plenty to talk about.

-----------------------------------

Last thing I'll say is that if you're frustrated, angry, bored, or whatever else about this offseason, please don't take it out on your fellow posters or the message board itself. Insults and baiting, as always, won't be tolerated, and just so it's clear, posting false news and rumor reports (as in claiming you heard something or read something you didn't actually hear or read) is likewise against the rules and will get you an infraction.

------------------------------------

Chin up, kick back, and enjoy the summer!

:cheers:

http://www.xpertgameroom.com/dreamseats/Denver-Nuggets2.jpg

C-Dub
08-02-2008, 10:22 AM
i actually like what we have done so far, i dont really think we need to get a pg because AI will play more PG with Smith getting better and we are better when he plays assist man. Another thing I like is that Nene is starting, he is the kind of C that we need there. Kmart is and will still improve, he had some pretty awesome games last season and got his PPG up a bit towards the end, and i bet he only improves a little more this season. Plus, Atkins isnt terrible, he was just super rusty, he is a good shooter and assist man also , I dotn see what to be down about

Crunchy12489
08-02-2008, 10:51 AM
If Allen Iverson and Melo lock in this season and get to the playoffs, I really don't want AI to leave man. I want him to finish his career here because he's never been on a team with this much talent and I feel as if he wants to stay in Denver.

Melo says he's going to be more "vocal" and Allen Iverson has stressed the fact that this team needs to play defense. He said this in the post-game press conference of this years playoffs, "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships". I couldn't agree more.

Melo and AI are now the Captain and Co-Captain. No longer do we have that tri-captain team. In my opinion, there is no such thing as a tri-captain lead team. Boston is an exception, and besides, Ray Allen was just a third wheel to the team.

We don't even have a big three. On paper it shows we have Melo, AI, and K-Mart, but K-Mart was in the stage of recovery. This will be his first full healthy season (hopefully).

This team knows its flaws judging by their playoff performance. They have plenty to prove.

jeff86
08-04-2008, 02:53 AM
I was just thinking i know denbutsu came up with the idea of a weekly article written by one our posters. Each week it could be someone different with something new to say.

I remember when i was living in denver my plan was to go to a nugs game every week if they played that week and tell my experience from it.

If people are interested it could be a fun idea idk

DenButsu
08-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Hey, that sounds great. I'm all for it.

If you need any help with getting the idea off the ground or making it an "Official Nuggets Forum ___________", let me know.

But I'll defer to the rest of you posters for the first submissions, since most of my posts are full article lenght anyways. :p

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Since I'm getting NBA League Pass, I can help too.

I will watch EVERY game Denver has.

Same with New Orleans and Philadelphia, although Denver interests me most. :D

DenButsu
08-04-2008, 03:24 AM
How about offseason articles? There's a challenge for ya. :smoking:

Crunchy12489
08-04-2008, 03:43 AM

Until Sept. 21st hits, I won't write a sentence about Denver's offseason moves.

I can criticize though :)

jeff86
08-04-2008, 10:23 AM

hahaha i dont know where to start

DenButsu
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
hahaha i dont know where to start

Two under-discussed players:

K-Mart and LK

jeff86
08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Two under-discussed players:

K-Mart and LK

thats interesting

maybe i will right something up of the killer k's

DenButsu
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
So it looks like since the first two games will be on the road, Melo's two-game suspension will be played away and he'll be in the lineup for the first game back at the Pepsi Center.

Melo will be back for Nuggets' home opener

Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony will be able to take part in opening-night festivities at the Pepsi Center.

According to multiple NBA sources, the Nuggets will start the 2008-09 season with two Western Conference road games, including the opener against a Northwest Division opponent.

Anthony will not play in either of those games while serving a suspension for his April arrest on a drinking-and-driving charge. He pleaded guilty in June to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired.

The complete NBA schedule will be released today.

League sources confirmed Tuesday that the Nuggets will play a New Year's Eve game in Toronto.rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/05/melo-will-be-back-for-nuggets-home-opener/)

avsman05
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I forgot about the suspension already dang nab it.

Kohaku
08-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I know huh, that was so long ago that I forgot he had a suspension x.x.

Nugget Tony
08-06-2008, 03:26 PM
The question is still for me....will Melo step up and finally be the leader this team needs this year...or will he continue to be a immature kid IMO... Sure he has proven he can score alot of points....and can get us to the 1st rd of the playoffs...but beyond that.....he's proven nothing.

Im hoping he can step it up this year.....and show us Nuggs fans and the community that he can be a respected Denver sports figure.

Good luck to him this season......

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
That first game in Utah is gonna be a killer, since we're Melo-less. I'm gonna get heckled BAD at ESA

DenButsu
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Nuggets Announce 2008-09 Schedule
Season to tip-off at Northwest Division rival Utah

Led by 2008 NBA All-Stars Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson, the Denver Nuggets will tip-off the 2008-09 regular season in Salt Lake City on October 29th against division rivals, the Utah Jazz. The Nuggets home opener is set for November 1st vs. the defending Western Conference Champion Los Angeles Lakers at the Pepsi Center.

The Nuggets will be featured on national television 16 times (nine times on ESPN and seven times on TNT). All non-exclusive games will be aired on Altitude or Altitude2.

The four Western Conference teams the Nuggets will play just three times are Golden State, Memphis, Phoenix and San Antonio.

Season tickets are on sale now by calling 303-405-1212. The single-game on sale date as well as the preseason schedule will be announced later this summer.nuggets.com (http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/0809_schedule_release_080608.html)

Please post your thoughts about the schedule here.

I've updated the "offseason" thread - changed it into the roster and schedule thread, so permanent links to those will be there in the top post from now on. I'm merging this thread into that one with a redirect, so that's where you'll end up.

DJiC
08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
are the nuggets game on fsn? cause i get all the fsn and was wondering maybe ill be able to see all the home games...same goes for other teams

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
I was under the impression that the games that weren't nationally televised were generally broadcast on Altitude. But I live in Japan, so I could be wrong about that.

avsman05
08-07-2008, 12:38 AM
I was under the impression that the games that weren't nationally televised were generally broadcast on Altitude. But I live in Japan, so I could be wrong about that.

that is correct besides the 14 nationally televised games they are all on altitude.

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 05:15 AM
Camby gets early shot at payback against Nuggets

Marcus Camby's revenge and Carmelo Anthony's return.

Those are among the early story lines that emerged Wednesday when the Nuggets officially unveiled their 2008-09 schedule.

The Nuggets will open the season on the road against the defending Northwest Division champion Utah Jazz on Oct. 29 before facing Camby and the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center on Oct. 31.

Anthony will miss both games while serving a suspension for his arrest on drunken-driving charges in April.

He will make his season debut in Denver's home opener Nov. 1 against the Los Angeles Lakers, who swept the Nuggets in the first round of the 2008 Western Conference playoffs.

An early look at some of the best Nuggets story lines in 2008-09:rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/06/nba-its-melo-vs-kobe-nuggets-home-opener/)

DenButsu
08-25-2008, 10:24 AM
I just updated the top post.

And while I'm at it, I'll just quickly say welcome to all you new or kind of new posters. Thanks for joining PSD and dropping by to hang out and post in the Nuggets forum. :cool:

-------------
<rant>

I think the FO has made some moves that have alienated some fans this offseason, but as for me I'm pretty happy overall with what they've done. They still have to back up the Camby trade as a sly "chess move" by using that trade exception wisely, and we may not see that happen untill June 2009. In fact, I'm pretty sure of that.

So after those terrible playoffs, and this offseason which just now finally hit its brightest spot with the J.R. signing, the excitement of Nuggets fans might be a bit muted. And there are some legit reasons for concern, indeed - most notably, Nene's health (with Karl's coaching probably coming in at a fairly close 2nd).

But I'm optimistic. IMHO, the improvement brought by J.R.'s growth and increased role on the team, Nene's (and to a lesser extent, Atkins') return, K-Mart's continued return to form, and some very encouraging Olympic outings for Melo and Kleiza should all add up to points in the "plus" column that far outweigh losing Camby. And I remain cautiously hopeful that the shock of crashing and burning so badly in the postseason will help to bring a new level of seriousness and focus to this team that (again, imho) too often has seemed to care less than its fans.

Who knows? Maybe all the critics and doubters are right, and we'll end up in the 11th spot in the West behind the Blazers, Warriors, Clippers and Kings.

But I think this team is going to make those people put down their crack pipes and admit that they badly underestimated the (still) pretty damn good team we've got going on in Denver.

This may end up in someone's sig, but what the hell, I'm a loyal fan, and I think there's every reason to believe it's possible:

6th seed.

</rant>

JWalk126
08-26-2008, 05:03 AM
this move is not going to happen is it? anyone hear of it?

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3587624,00.html

the headline says: Allen Iverson to the Knicks?

the article starts by saying that this trade goes against Walsh's style of management, but theyre looking for players who have contracts that are ending within 2 yrs.... anyways, AI would go for Randolph, Crawford & Gallinari

DenButsu
08-26-2008, 06:37 AM
this move is not going to happen is it? anyone hear of it?

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3587624,00.html

the headline says: Allen Iverson to the Knicks?

the article starts by saying that this trade goes against Walsh's style of management, but theyre looking for players who have contracts that are ending within 2 yrs.... anyways, AI would go for Randolph, Crawford & Gallinari

I can't possibly imagine them taking on Z-Bo's contract when AI's $21 mil will come off the books next season. If that's the way they were thinking, they'd never have traded Camby for a TE.

C-Dub
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
hmm, i cant read it, it seems to be in soe foreign language, lol

DenButsu
09-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Top post modified.

I also stuck the preseason schedule thread. We can use that for training camp and the preseason.

DenButsu
10-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Current pre-season roster:

NUM PLAYER POS HT WT DOB FROM YRS
11 Chris Andersen F-C 6-10 228 07/07/1978 Blinn Coll. TX 6
15 Carmelo Anthony F 6-8 230 05/29/1984 Syracuse 5
12 Chucky Atkins G 5-11 185 08/14/1974 South Florida 9
32 Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina 2
25 Anthony Carter G 6-2 195 06/16/1975 Hawaii 9
24 Mateen Cleaves G 6-2 188 09/07/1977 Michigan State 6
20 Nick Fazekas F 6-11 235 06/17/1985 Nevada-Reno 1
5 Juwan Howard F 6-9 253 02/07/1973 Michigan 14
45 Steven Hunter F-C 7-0 240 10/31/1981 DePaul 7
3 Allen Iverson G 6-0 180 06/07/1975 Georgetown 12
30 Dahntay Jones G-F 6-6 210 12/27/1980 Duke 5
43 Linas Kleiza F-G 6-8 245 01/03/1985 Missouri 3
4 Kenyon Martin F 6-9 240 12/30/1977 Cincinnati 8
41 James Mays F 6-9 225 03/03/1986 Clemson R
31 Nenê F-C 6-11 250 09/13/1982 Brazil 6
17 Smush Parker G 6-4 190 06/01/1981 Fordham 5
22 Ruben Patterson F-G 6-5 223 07/31/1975 Cincinnati 10
1 J.R. Smith G 6-6 220 09/09/1985 St. Benedict's 4
13 Sonny Weems ** G-F 6-6 203 07/08/1986 Arkansas R

DenButsu
10-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Let the 2008-09 Regular Season Begin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnmCu3U09w)

liliverson819
10-25-2008, 02:36 AM
its about time. living in michigan the lions arent very entertaining so im ready for the season to tip off

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-25-2008, 04:45 AM
Has it been 4½ months already?

Kohaku
10-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Does anyone got the broadband account that can view the games online live? I'm in desperate need of one =/.

IBleedPurple
10-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Finally! We need to come out and start a season strong for once, playing catch up every year is getting old, and it tires the team more going into the playoffs

JO/<ER™
10-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I am very excited for this season, great preseason. If we have minimal amount of injures I think we can win over 50.

Betting we also use that 10 Mil. some time soon. We still need a better SG then AC, but his +/- is actually the best on the team. Birdman ripping down rebounds and Balkman playing D. Nene becoming the man BEAST we all know he can be could actually happen.

Still think we are missing that Real Leader, I know Mello has it in him to be a great leader and hopefully it will come out after learning in the Olympics

BRAVE KID
10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Alright we ge3t to see what we can do without our "leader" on the court. I am eager to see these role players of ours in action, Balkman, birdman, jones, howard. should be exciting. Apparently our depth and cohesiveness is very good considering we went undefeated in the pre-season.

C-Dub
10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
actually we lost one game to minnesota by like 4 points or something, but ya, what leader are we lacking? we have at least three who are almost gaurenteed to be talking it up in practice and on the court getting people in their place, AI, MELO, and KMART, maybe even a little from Howard considering hes a vet

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 03:54 AM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2858/NugsAlternateLogo-sigsize.gif

The Official 2008-09 Denver Nuggets SEASON PREVIEW Thread

The new season's about to start, and the articles
are just coming too fast and too furious, so
I'm gathering all of today's here in this thread.
If you come across more, please post them in this thread, too.

Scouting Reports

Scouting Report - Starters (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/27/nuggets-starters-outlook/?partner=RSS)

Scouting Report - Reserves (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/27/scouting-the-nuggets-reserves/?partner=RSS)

Season Previews:

nba.com (http://www.nba.com/preview2008/den.html)

ESPN - Dime (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-DenverPreview0809)

ESPN - Hollinger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=NuggetsForecast0809)

Yahoo - Ball Don't Lie (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/BDL-s-2008-09-NBA-Season-Preview-Denver-Nuggets?urn=nba,116447)

Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=denvernuggetspreview&prov=tsn&type=lgns)

LA Times blog's Know Thy Enemy: Denver Nuggets (very solid interview of a Nugs blogger) (http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2008/10/know-thy-enem-3.html)

Others

Anthony bears weight of early playoff exits (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/27/anthony-bears-weight-of-early-playoff-exits/?partner=RSS)

Iverson's hits just keep on coming (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/27/iversons-hits-just-keep-on-coming/?partner=RSS)

Karl: Nuggets buying into defense (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10829786?source=rss)

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4149/NugsAlternateScriptLogo-sigsize.gif

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 05:22 AM
More articles:

Melo proud to represent Denver (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10828675?source=rss)

Tracking Anthony's days in Denver (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10828674?source=rss)

With Camby gone, Denver making bold play with youth (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/27/with-camby-gone-denver-making-bold-play-with/?partner=RSS)

The looking glass: Half-full or half-empty? (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10828676?source=rss)

The year of Nene (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10376)

Will Allen Iverson be ready? (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10341)

Birdman: "I've changed." (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10332)

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Okay, you all have about 20 articles on the Nuggets to read - now do your homework! :cool:

C-Dub
10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
i like the one about AIs records that he could pass and how he wants to play until hes 40

if he plays till then he better become PG and get some major assisst numbers and be moreof a team player, i think hes doing good working towards that this last year so far

theanswer418
10-29-2008, 04:53 PM
i gonna put us at second round but not wuite sure surely we are being underestimated by other people we are better than others think

either a lucky trick to the second round or we will give our first round a good scare in the playoffs

C-Dub
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
i think its this year, or we haveto wait like 3 years to have a chance again...idk, it seems like this could be the year with all that has happened so far

C-Dub
11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
oh wow, december looks pretty easy for the most part also

DenButsu
11-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Just off the top of my head, without looking at the schedule again, I think my first impression was that November was actually the hardest month.

C-Dub
11-07-2008, 11:04 AM
i think with how the team has changed november looks a lot easier now, im thinking we got 11 of the 14 games with 3 of them being close games that could go either way...

i just realize that i posted my thoughts on november also b4 my december one, but it didnt go up there for some reason.....

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Martin's flagrant foul downgraded

Thursday's flagrant-two foul called on Denver's Kenyon Martin has been downgraded to a flagrant-one foul by the NBA. This is significant because now Martin has only one flagrant "point," compared to the two he originally had for the play. And if a player accumulates five points, he is suspended for one game.

The foul occurred late in the game at Cleveland when Martin, less than two minutes after earning a technical foul, slammed into a Cavaliers opponent during a pick. Coach George Karl was adamant that the play didn't warrant a flagrant-two, and Martin said, "It's basketball man -- it's a contact sport," Martin said. "It's not bowling or table tennis." post (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_11005674?source=rss)

C-Dub
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
that was a crap call too, good thing they reviewed it

DenButsu
11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
that was a crap call too, good thing they reviewed it

Yeah, I watched the replay on youtube - no way is that a 2.

DenButsu
11-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Don't look now, but the Nugges are leading the NW division:

Den 9-5
Uta 9-6
Por 9-6

Only by a hair, but it's something. On Wendesday, when we go to L.A. to play the Clippers, the Griz are @ Utah and the Heat are @ Portland, so we have to win that game. Can't let up.

DenButsu
11-28-2008, 08:30 AM
A rumor has been reported on another message board (sorry, can't link to it) that it was reported on Orlando's Channel 2 News that Denver might be sending Atkins to the Magic. Just a rumor at this stage, so take it with a big grain of salt.

chaugh970
11-28-2008, 07:35 PM
For cap room or getting a player in return?

DenButsu
11-28-2008, 08:33 PM
For cap room or getting a player in return?

The Orlando fans (this was on a Magic message board) were speculating that it would be for their TPE, so basically, Chucky for salary relief. Which would be a good move for us... better chance at re-signing Howard or some other bench player who will actually play.

avsman05
11-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Thats a good deal he really needs a place where he can play like Orlando.

C-Dub
11-30-2008, 12:29 AM
i like it, but id rather ship out a package for a player that we could use more, still like it though

DenButsu
12-03-2008, 02:16 AM
The Nuggets' 37 assists vs. Toronto are the most by an NBA team in regulation this season.

And going 13-6 ties the franchise record for the best 19-game start.

:clap:

C-Dub
12-03-2008, 08:32 AM
even after starting out 1-3, lol. i want to see us play a couple more dificult games and then see how we do against the lakers/celtics again

DenButsu
12-03-2008, 08:50 AM
even after starting out 1-3, lol. i want to see us play a couple more dificult games and then see how we do against the lakers/celtics again

Yep, we're .800 under CB ... 12-3.

SlowMo
12-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I can't wait to watch the Spurs game tomorrow. I've spent so many years hating the spurs cause the burn us all the time. But last year we had their number, and I bet this year we can really out-play them.

Now we need some redemption against Kobe and the Lakers.

DenButsu
12-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I can't wait to watch the Spurs game tomorrow. I've spent so many years hating the spurs cause the burn us all the time. But last year we had their number, and I bet this year we can really out-play them.

Now we need some redemption against Kobe and the Lakers.

I'm not expecting us to outplay them by a wide margin at all. I'm expecting a win, but a close one. They're gonna come out firing on all cylinders, and if we don't play 4 solid quarters of basketball they'll be fully prepared to take advantage. This will be a tough, tough game. We need to bring our A+ game for real.

C-Dub
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
well the pistons were down by like 10 and came back just in the 4th and won by ten, so idk what to expect really

DenButsu
12-04-2008, 09:08 PM
No "Kool" lately.

In the three games entering Tuesday, Nuggets reserve Renaldo Balkman logged a combined 2:55 of playing time. Earlier in the season, Balkman was in the rotation. Karl was asked how he'll keep Balkman from frustration.

"I usually talk to guys after 20 games," he said. "I think Renaldo is our insurance blanket. We like that. Can we figure out games and circumstances where he's more than that? That's a possibility. We trust Renaldo, but getting him 20 minutes is hard." post (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_11124036?source=rss)

C-Dub
12-04-2008, 11:21 PM
i think as long as we are doing good and he gets like 5 min a game we should worry about him being gone too much

C-Dub
12-05-2008, 12:21 AM
i cant stand duncan, used to love him until he whined about nene in the playoffs the year AI came, it made me so mad that i still hate him. FOR THAT REASON, he aint gotta be jealous of nene or anything, just play!

DenButsu
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Melo injured, best season start in 32 years, J.R. has to go to court, Samb traded and other trade rumors swirling... Man, these times for the Nuggets are busy, busy, busy.

C-Dub
01-06-2009, 05:44 PM
hopefully it gets a little busier with another trade

DenButsu
01-06-2009, 09:19 PM
hopefully it gets a little busier with another trade

It will.

C-Dub
01-07-2009, 12:14 AM
do you think weems would be involved in one as tradebait now that we got him back up, maybe after a game or 2 of play if he does well some other teams might notice that, just a thought...

we could use all the help we can get and i think we should keep him because hes got lots of potential like jr did, so i hope he dont go

DenButsu
01-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah, C-Dub, he's definitely a tradeable piece, but I doubt he has too much value to too many teams as a 2nd rounder and a D-leaguer.

C-Dub
01-07-2009, 05:20 PM
ya, i dont think a lot of teams would care about him but if he shows a lot this next couple weeks there might be some teams looking for that kind of player, idk the knicks prolly wouldnt want him. I think he has way more talent than a D leaguer, almost a good backup in my opinion, but i havent seen a lot of him....

bahama0811
01-07-2009, 09:48 PM
He probably won't be playing enough for other teams to look at, unless they're watching during shoot around and warm up.

SideWinder989
01-08-2009, 04:36 AM
guys what happens tuesday when JR goes to court for that car crash... who plays then? i think that will be a certain L.. who can step up ? melo and jr out thats like 40 points... :S would like to see weems put up 30 lol .. xD

DenButsu
01-08-2009, 08:55 AM
guys what happens tuesday when JR goes to court for that car crash... who plays then? i think that will be a certain L.. who can step up ? melo and jr out thats like 40 points... :S would like to see weems put up 30 lol .. xD

That game is against Dallas. Well, let's just hope his court date is really early in the morning and his airplane is really fast...

C-Dub
01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
weems gets a lot of PT, and scores around 25 points and makes karl play him

SideWinder989
01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
or anthony carter gets 40 minutes and makes 2 pt and 50 turnovers xD

Kohaku
01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
And those two points were earned at the charity stripe...or a possible goal-tend.

DenButsu
01-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Man, this long 5-day break between games sucks. :laugh2:

But I guess if it was going to happen, for it to be while players are injured is a good thing, and it sounds like Karl will use it to get in some (hopefully) constructive practice sessions.

DenButsu
02-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Just a little more icing on top of that Orlando victory...

The Blazers lost to the Warriors and the Mavs lost to the C's, which puts the WC standings like so:

Western Conference
W L PCT GB HM RD CONF DIV PF PA DIFF STRK L10
LA Lakers 42 10 .808 - 24-4 18-6 26-4 9-1 108.7 100.3 +8.3 Lost 1 8-2
San Antonio 35 16 .686 6*½ 18-7 17-9 23-8 7-3 97.8 94.5 +3.3 Lost 1 7-3
Denver 36 17 .679 6*½ 20-6 16-11 22-11 7-2 103.5 99.9 +3.6 Won 2 8-2
Portland 32 20 .615 10 20-5 12-15 15-15 5-4 98.9 95.3 +3.5 Lost 1 7-3
Houston 32 21 .604 10*½ 19-6 13-15 21-10 4-5 98.4 95.5 +2.8 Won 1 5-5
New Orleans 30 20 .600 11 18-9 12-11 19-12 5-3 95.3 93.1 +2.2 Lost 2 4-6
Dallas 31 21 .596 11 17-8 14-13 17-14 4-4 100.8 99.7 +1.1 Lost 1 7-3
Utah 30 23 .566 12*½ 21-6 9-17 21-11 7-3 102.6 100.0 +2.6 Won 1 5-5

Phoenix 28 23 .549 13*½ 14-10 14-13 16-13 5-3 104.4 103.5 +0.9 Lost 2 5-5

Also nice to see that we have a (just slightly) better home record than Utah. In fact, outside of the Lakers (who have the best home and road records in the West), Denver has the best home-road balance:

HM RD
W L % W L %
LA Lakers 24 4 0.857 LA Lakers 18 6 0.750
Portland 20 5 0.800 San Antonio 17 9 0.654
Utah 21 6 0.778 Denver 16 11 0.593
Denver 20 6 0.769 New Orleans 12 11 0.522
Houston 19 6 0.760 Dallas 14 13 0.519
San Antonio 18 7 0.720 Phoenix 14 13 0.519
Dallas 17 8 0.680 Houston 13 15 0.464
New Orleans 18 9 0.667 Portland 12 15 0.444
Phoenix 14 10 0.583 Utah 9 17 0.346

We're going into the All-Star break in a very good place now.

eman
02-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Den, the Nuggets are in a very good place, which is interesting compared with last year. The addition of Chauncey was huge and the level of defense being played on the road no less is astounding. But for a team that wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs alot has gone right as opposed to the rest of the West where disaster has struck every playoff team from last year.

The Lakers I fell are better without Bynum even though Bynum was putting up some monster games. I still don't feel he meshes well with Gasol or Kobe, where Lamar who was a starter had resigned himself to contributing in whatever role he was assigned too. This has made him an even more versatile player because he is not trying to be a star he is just trying to help the team win.

San Antonio got off to a slow start and are still dealing with age and injury. Yet the emergence of some key reserves might make them better in the long run.

Houston was supposed to be better but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. If you have and injury prone player or two they are likely to continue to be injury prone as well if you have a player who has had a attitude problems in the past, he will continue to have attitude problems. Just imagine if the Nuggets had traded for Ron Ron, I don't think either Karl or him would be with the team right now.

Dallas not content with shooting themselves in the foot by trading a future star point guard in a league dominated by point guard play for an aging point guard is contemplating giving up another promising future player for an aging star. All I can say is let me help you with that ammunition you stupid billionaire idiot of an owner.

Golden State loses their mercurial star point guard to a larger contract offer and then has to discipline his replacement for a third of the season.

Utah has been decimated by injuries, but given the type of game they play are you really surprised.

New Orleans are CP3 and the CP3anaires. Without him to man the wheel they are not nearly as formidable.

This all said the Nuggets are a major injury to Chauncey Billups or Nene away from being ordinary again. But the Nuggets have had their fair share of injuries and have managed to make it to 19 games over .500 and have found extra dimensions to their game. If this keeps up dare I say you have to consider George Karl for coach of the year honors along with Chauncey being considered for MVP honors as well.

p.s. Check out the streaming video in the thread below where Tim Legler says that the Nuggets need to start holding some teams to just 80 points for a stretch of games. Did the team hear this and decide to do him 10 points better.:D
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

p.p.s. Every coach that double teams Carmelo Anthony in the low post that didn't vote him into the all star game is a hypocrite.:mad:

DenButsu
02-16-2009, 12:47 AM
The next 10 games

road games in italics
games against teams over .500 in bold

FEBRUARY OPPONENT TIME (ET)
Wed, Feb 18 @ Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Fri, Feb 20 @ Chicago 8:30 PM
Sun, Feb 22 @ Milwaukee 5:00 PM
Mon, Feb 23 Boston 9:00 PM
Wed, Feb 25 Atlanta 9:00 PM
Fri, Feb 27 LA Lakers 9:00 PM

MARCH OPPONENT TIME (ET)
Sun, Mar 1 @ Indiana 7:00 PM
Tue, Mar 3 @ Detroit 7:30 PM
Thu, Mar 5 Portland 10:30 PM
Fri, Mar 6 @ Utah 10:30 PM

Tough stretch. The only 2 games against sub .500 teams are on the road, we have 4 more road games against over .500 teams, and play both Boston and Utah on the second night of b2bs. If we can weather this, I think we can breeze through the end of the season.

bahama0811
02-16-2009, 02:05 AM
That's a tough stretch. If we can go 6-4 in this stretch I think I'd be happy. Best case scenario I think we go 8-2.

C-Dub
02-16-2009, 09:20 PM
9-1 we can beat the celtics... and we are gonna crush the lakers this time, lose to the Hawks

DenButsu
02-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Lots of possible pickup options out there of waived players... who do you think we should sign?

C-Dub
02-21-2009, 12:33 AM
bonzi bonzi bonzi haha, well id just like to say that me and big N are going to the bucks vs nuggets game incase you dont already know, we are going to have a sign that will show you guys who we are haha! seriously! we wll be right behind the nuggets bench and you will prolly be able to see us on tv no problem. we will be the only group of 4 nuggets fans lol. hope you see us, well take lots of pics again im sure so ill post the good ones if you want to see them

DenButsu
02-21-2009, 12:58 AM
bonzi bonzi bonzi haha, well id just like to say that me and big N are going to the bucks vs nuggets game incase you dont already know, we are going to have a sign that will show you guys who we are haha! seriously! we wll be right behind the nuggets bench and you will prolly be able to see us on tv no problem. we will be the only group of 4 nuggets fans lol. hope you see us, well take lots of pics again im sure so ill post the good ones if you want to see them

That's killer, man. I hope the Nugs bounce back from tonight's lame-*** loss with a big rout of the Bucks for you to enjoy.

If you get him in earshot, tell Karl to play J.R. and Balk more. :smoking:

C-Dub
02-21-2009, 01:09 AM
we have a sign that says PLAY SONNY WEEMS haha

C-Dub
02-21-2009, 01:10 AM
oh, smith is going to play the whole game if im there, no worries

bahama0811
02-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice, have fun. Hopefully we'll come out of there with a win.

DenButsu
03-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Portland and Utah both lost, while Denver won tonight, leaving the division lead separated by only 1/2 a game.

It's on. :smoking:

IBleedPurple
03-12-2009, 05:49 PM
^Sweet. Time for a winning streak. Our schedule is not that tough

Kurple
03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Imagine this team

Billups / AC

Artest / JR

Melo / Balk and JR

K-mart / Dice

Nene / Andersen

That is a contender team... But with the team we got would i expect at least to go to the 2nd round (No injuries and LK play at least OK)

SlowMo
03-13-2009, 03:35 PM
If we had been able to convince Dice to come back, we would be set right now. We're a good team as is, but not great. If JR was playing more consistent and LK at least acted like an NBA player we would be a much better team this year.

bahama0811
03-13-2009, 07:54 PM
If we had been able to convince Dice to come back, we would be set right now. We're a good team as is, but not great. If JR was playing more consistent and LK at least acted like an NBA player we would be a much better team this year.

I'd agree about LK but JR has been extremely consistent since he's be in the starting line-up. I think he's got a lot of confidence in his all around game right now.

SlowMo
03-14-2009, 11:22 AM
I think JR has been very good for most of February. And I think a lot of the inconsistency that he had was due to sporadic minutes at odd times in games. I really think JR should be better than he is right now, and most of it has to do with Karl treating him like he's five, and never letting him mesh with the starting lineup by keeping him on the bench so much earlier this season.

bahama0811
03-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Spurs lost. We're now only 1/2 game back of the Spurs for the 2nd spot. It would be great to get the 2nd seed. We wouldn't have to play the Lakers until the WCF's.

C-Dub
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
i think its very possible to get it, we are getting back to full health now and our bench players are getting really good too, i mean come on, kleiza actually scored more than 20 points for the first time in like 3 months!

DenButsu
03-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Although the Spurs did get Manu back, too. Just keepin it real. They're not gonna be doing much losing down the final stretch. If we lose more than 2 games, we're definitely out of contention for the 2nd seed, and possibly even the 3rd.

SideWinder989
04-04-2009, 07:29 PM
i think you should all watch this and listen to the song ! i think its the first denver nuggets song out there and its great !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Eeen_QT2A

bahama0811
04-04-2009, 08:00 PM
i think you should all watch this and listen to the song ! i think its the first denver nuggets song out there and its great !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Eeen_QT2A

nice, I like it...

DenButsu
04-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Just posted this in the Minny game thread, but thought it should go here so people can see it more easily after the gt is unstuck:

---------------------------------------------------

Denver has 4 games left, Portland has 6. Denver faces two division rivals (OKC, Portland) while the Blazers' only remaining division game is against the Nuggets.
If Portland wins all their remaining games (including the final once against Denver), their record will be 54-28. They'll even the season series with the Nuggets, and their division record will be 11-5.

Denver's current division record is 11-3, which means that if we beat OKC then even if we lose to the Blazers, we'll have the tiebreaker of the stronger division record at 12-4. At home vs. OKC is our next game, then @ Lakers, then home vs. Sac, then @ Blazers. So basically, if we win against the two sub .500 teams at home (which we really, really should), we'll have the division record clinched before facing Portland in the final game, because we'll be at 54 wins, which is the max. number they can reach now.

In the unlikely event that the Nuggets lose to OKC but beat the Lakers and Kings, and then fall to the Blazers (who run the table and win their 6 remaining games), then our season series will be tied with Portland, and our division records will both be at 11-5. So iirc the tiebreaker then goes to conference record. Right now Denver's is 33-15, and Portland's is 26-20. So in this scenario, the Nuggets would finish with a conference record of 35-17, while the Blazers would finish at 32-20, so once again the Nuggets get the tiebreaker.

All of which is to say that any two wins will clinch the division title for the Nuggets, if my breakdown is correct (and it may not be).

Also, if we lose the next 3 and go to 52-29, and the Blazers win their next 5 and go to 53-28, then the Nuggets will still be able to win the division if they win that final game. So Denver controls its own destiny right up to the last game of the season, even in the worst case scenario.

But I think we'll beat those two sub .500s and clinch before we face the Blazers.

DenButsu
04-09-2009, 08:54 AM
See this post (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8995449&postcount=18) in the Lakers game thread for information about where Denver stands regarding playoff seeding. The short version is that a single Denver win will clinch the division title and either the 2nd or 3rd seed, and 2 wins or a win and a Rockets loss clinch both the NW and the 2nd seed.

DenButsu
04-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Bobcats' pick on hold.

Charlotte officially missed the playoffs, which means the Nuggets will not have the Bobcats' lottery-protected, first- round pick that Denver acquired last summer. Charlotte still owes Denver a first-round pick, but if the pick is in the top 12 in 2010 it remains with Charlotte; same goes if it's in the top 10 in 2011, top eight in 2012 and top three in 2013. If Denver has yet to get a pick from Charlotte by 2014, the Bobcats' first-round pick belongs to Denver, regardless of which draft pick it is. post (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12124584?source=rss)

C-Dub
04-13-2009, 05:54 PM
i dont know if id want it while karl is coach... whoever we got would never play, im hoping it goes like 3 more years or so.

DenButsu
04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Lakers on their way to a rout of Utah... we will not face the Jazz in the first round, and those 2 teams will face each other.

On our menu: Either Dallas or New Orleans. I, for one, am glad Utah is out of our picture.

DenButsu
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
"He should worry about his team getting better and getting out of last place."
-Kenyon Martin, explaining why (http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/04/16/nuggets.martin.ap/index.html) he won't apologize to Sacramento Kings owner Joe Maloof

IBleedPurple
04-16-2009, 10:08 PM
What is with our team pissing off owners?

DenButsu
04-16-2009, 10:33 PM
What is with our team pissing off owners?

Who else are you thinking of?

DenButsu
04-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Ah, Cuban. Well, it's only the *****y owners, really. Getting pissed off is their nature. Can't fret over that.

bahama0811
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
My first blog entry, http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=249
it's been a great season for the Nuggs.

DenButsu
05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
My first blog entry, http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=249
it's been a great season for the Nuggs.

Nice! :cool:

You should re-post it as a regular thread in here, though, if you want anybody to see it and comment on it. At least, that's been my experience.

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Nice! :cool:

You should re-post it as a regular thread in here, though, if you want anybody to see it and comment on it. At least, that's been my experience.

Thanks Den you have deleted this stupid thread about Lakers sig.

:hi5:

C-Dub
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
what would anyone think of getting camby back on a mid level for another bench guy (birdman and cambyman = unstoppable defense) snce the clip show has the number one pick and is getting griffin? id love to have him back

Kurple
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
what would anyone think of getting camby back on a mid level for another bench guy (birdman and cambyman = unstoppable defense) snce the clip show has the number one pick and is getting griffin? id love to have him back

I'd love it, and the players would as well. But i doubt that he would want to come here unless he get's a good contract (the best offered to him). And the FO is not going to be willing to pay him that much cause some team would give him good money.

For next season:

Re-Sign Bird!! 3-4 mill

Sign Anthony Parker 3-4 mill

Sign Ike Diogu 3 mill (or Wilcox but he is more expensive and not that much better). Look at Ike's stats, he does A LOT in not many minutes, and that is just what we need. A big who can take minutes of K, nene and Bird, who can score and rebound.

Re-Sign AC for vet minimum

If they don't sign Parker, keep DJ and sign a shooter like Steve Novak.

Let LK go and work on balk's jumpshot.

That team sound amazing to me, and it's at a price that's stan is willing to pay.

C-Dub
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
after making it this far with one of our biggest weaknesses being a 2nd bigman off the bench, idk if hed be willing to spend the money to bring us back for sure or not... i hope so!!!!!

anthony parker would be awesome to get

bahama0811
05-28-2009, 10:34 PM
I don't want to see Camby taking any jumpshots. No thanks!!!!

C-Dub
05-28-2009, 10:40 PM
ya but he is a great rebounder, blocker, and distributor. plus he is lengthy and provides size. hed have to understand that he wouldnt start though, but i bet hed love playing along side the birdman