PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Martin or Gerald Wallace

DerekRE_3
06-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Me and another member were having a discussion on who is better. His favorite player is Kevin Martin and mine, as you can probably guess, is Gerald Wallace. Let's settle this with unbiased opinions.

Who is better?

sacgiants1213
06-16-2008, 03:46 AM
kmart aka starmart aka G.O.A.T aka kevin martin

end thread

Ghouse
06-16-2008, 03:48 AM
Gerald Wallace. He can explode to the goal, hit down the jumper, has defense. To me Kevin Martin is a one sided player.

DerekRE_3
06-16-2008, 03:48 AM
kmart aka starmart aka G.O.A.T aka kevin martin

end thread

And there is the PSD member I was having the discussion with...

He is the worst Sim League Co-GM ever.

jb8377
06-16-2008, 08:05 AM
definately gerald wallace :D

C-Van
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Gerald Wallace is the only player in the last 5 years to average 2 blocks a game and 2 steals a game. He can't shoot that well, but he is a great defender and extremely athletic.

_Sn1P3r_
06-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Gerald Wallace. He is an average shooter and he also plays defence.

RocketsRule
06-16-2008, 06:28 PM
And there is the PSD member I was having the discussion with...

He is the worst Sim League Co-GM ever.

You can always come join the Bobcats, who have Gerald Wallace :D

DerekRE_3
06-16-2008, 11:44 PM
You can always come join the Bobcats, who have Gerald Wallace :D

Haha I was kidding about sfgiants being a bad co-gm. I was just giving him a hard time. I will admit that I wanted the Bobcats more than the Kings when the sim league was first starting up. They were my #1 choice but I love the team we are building with the Kings. I'm not going anywhere.

Anyways...Gerald Wallace 5, Kevin Martin 1. Take that sfgiants.

RocketsRule
06-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Haha I was kidding about sfgiants being a bad co-gm. I was just giving him a hard time. I will admit that I wanted the Bobcats more than the Kings when the sim league was first starting up. They were my #1 choice but I love the team we are building with the Kings. I'm not going anywhere.

Anyways...Gerald Wallace 5, Kevin Martin 1. Take that sfgiants.

Doors always open :)

sacgiants1213
06-17-2008, 04:30 AM
i don't care what others think, the thing that matters is what i think

kevin martin>gerald wallace

vince wilfort
06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Gerald is a more complete player, but Martin has greatly improved in the past couple years. Gerald for now though.

Joshtd1
06-18-2008, 12:53 AM
I'd take Gerald Wallace. Better all around player, Martin is just the better scorer.

DerekRE_3
06-18-2008, 03:04 AM
I'd take Gerald Wallace. Better all around player, Martin is just the better scorer.

Josh you are my favorite. :love:

Me and sfgiants5518 have a sig bet going on between the two players next season. I will win. In Gerald we trust.

Joshtd1
06-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Josh you are my favorite. :love:

Me and sfgiants5518 have a sig bet going on between the two players next season. I will win. In Gerald we trust.

I already have trust in someone else. His name is Tim Duncan:)

AKA TheMamba
06-18-2008, 03:16 AM
G FORCE baby I was about to drop dead then jordan denied the deal in the 3 team trade with G force coming to the lakers. Last summer though im not startin any rumors or anything we did have a great run and ran we did when the celtics torched us.

CalsFinest™
06-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Right now, Gerald Wallace. In two years, Kevin Martin.

DerekRE_3
06-18-2008, 03:22 AM
G FORCE baby I was about to drop dead then jordan denied the deal in the 3 team trade with G force coming to the lakers. Last summer though im not startin any rumors or anything we did have a great run and ran we did when the celtics torched us.

That would have killed me...Gerald going to the Lakers. When I saw that rumor I was praying it would not happen. Not a Laker fan...I'd be forced to watch my favorite player play on my least favorite team...

DerekRE_3
06-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Right now, Gerald Wallace. In two years, Kevin Martin.

Actually Wallace and Martin are the same age...Wallace has been in the league longer but he came into the league at 19. And I don't even really count his first 3 years with the Kings since he never really played. His career started with the Bobcats.

DerekRE_3
06-18-2008, 03:23 AM
I already have trust in someone else. His name is Tim Duncan:)

Fair enough...I didn't mean to include in the we part. By we I meant me I guess.:D And the other G-Force fans out there. Seriously though, how can you not love how hard he plays.

CalsFinest™
06-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Actually Wallace and Martin are the same age...Wallace has been in the league longer but he came into the league at 19. And I don't even really count his first 3 years with the Kings since he never really played. His career started with the Bobcats.

I wasnt considering ages actually. I mean, you dont get better from getting older, you get better from experience which Wallace has. I think Martin still has alot of room to grow and become an all star, I dont see Wallace getting much better than he is right now.

DerekRE_3
06-18-2008, 03:42 AM
I wasnt considering ages actually. I mean, you dont get better from getting older, you get better from experience which Wallace has. I think Martin still has alot of room to grow and become an all star, I dont see Wallace getting much better than he is right now.

I'd disagree with you. Wallace has the things you can't teach. The work ethic, the athleticism. He doesn't have a jumpshot. That's the only thing missing from his game. Even know he can drive to the hoop at well and either finish, get fouled, or both. If he people have to respect his jumper, that opens up everything for him. His jumper has been improving though.

TMAC94
06-18-2008, 05:03 AM
G Force as he has been called, is better IMO

LakerzDQ
06-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Kevin Martin is a great scorer, great shooter. He is underrated in this league.
Gerald Wallace is a good scorer, average shooter, but his DEFENSE is underrated.

If I were to pick one for my team, I think I would get Gerald Wallace.

Beno7500
06-20-2008, 03:06 AM
K Mart

Leftcoast_yg
06-20-2008, 03:50 AM
Gerald wallace way better defender and can always improve his jump shot and his athletcism is crazy, he is one of my favorite players from the east, yeah i seen that rumor of Gerald wallace coming to L.A. too bad he didn't he couldv'e probably helped us get a ring he would have been real nice to have against pierce very underrated player imo, kinda reminds me of a smaller josh smith

Purple Monkey
07-02-2008, 02:45 AM
If Kevin Martin was half the ball hog Wallace is he would score 30-50 a night.
That said, Kevin needs to call for the ball more and be more assertive on offense. Wallace just seems clumsy to me. So K-Mart has my vote.

sanfranfan1210
07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Gerald Wallace

Crunchy12489
07-02-2008, 11:18 PM
It's really not about who's better.

It's about how much he brings to the team.

Gerald brings alot more than Kevin, therefore Gerald is the winner.

BigEric
07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Ill take Martin because he looks Hawiian.

AgentViet
07-04-2008, 09:06 PM
To build a team, I'll take Martin because he's a better scorer and has tons of potential. Gerald Wallace is the better player right now IMO, but I think Martin will definetely pass him soon.