PDA

View Full Version : Martinez to have Elbow Surgery

Jpripper88
06-12-2008, 10:22 PM
WOW. It just keeps getting worse. I think we have to trade CC and Byrd at this point, because I don't know how we are going to drastically improve without Hafner, Martinez, Carmona, and Westbrook. It would be nice if Dellucci started hitting and someone would take him and his contract just so we wouldn't have to worry about him taking a spot from Choo, Francisco or Guitierrez.

hrtbrokenbrowne
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
The fact that Martinez has been dealing with hamstring and elbow problems explained his lack of power this year. The fact that Martinez is already talking surgery so quickly after dealing with it for a couple months and the comments made by Shapiro today make me think that our organization maybe are calling it this year. I guess we still have a few weeks to see if our current starting lineup can part the Red Sea but if it cant then we probably are looking at rebuilding again. The hitting and bullpen just dont seem consistent enough add Jake and Fausto lots of things are breaking against us this year. We need a lead off hitter! I am starting to think that should be a number one priority, Grady needs to be hitting third for this team.

TriberForLifer
06-13-2008, 12:17 AM
I guess we still have a few weeks to see if our current starting lineup can part the Red Sea but if it cant then we probably are looking at rebuilding again.

Hahaha. You're exactly right buddy!

duncky1188
06-13-2008, 12:40 AM
We are a bunch of nobodys again. We won with no bodys last year and we can win with nobodys this year.

Jpripper88
06-13-2008, 08:18 AM
We are a bunch of nobodys again. We won with no bodys last year and we can win with nobodys this year.

Quite the optomist, but I don't see anyway that happens this year.

IndiansFan337
06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
You guys are saying we may be done without Martinez, but that's rather foolish.

Honestly, the guy has been killing us all year long. Getting him out of the lineup may be the best thing for our team right now.

It will allow Garko to remain hitting 3rd/4th for the Tribe from now on, even upon Hafner's return.

Jpripper88
06-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Honestly, the guy has been killing us all year long. Getting him out of the lineup may be the best thing for our team right now.

It will allow Garko to remain hitting 3rd/4th for the Tribe from now on, even upon Hafner's return.

I don't think it is the fact of losing Martinez that is the problem. I think the problem is that in order to make a big jump we needed Martinez to make a big jump in production, that jump is far less likely from Kelly Shoppach (although I think he will play well).

duncky1188
06-13-2008, 11:07 AM

Totally agree. I think Martinez has been holding us back also. I think we now make that jump.

IndiansFan337
06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't think it is the fact of losing Martinez that is the problem. I think the problem is that in order to make a big jump we needed Martinez to make a big jump in production, that jump is far less likely from Kelly Shoppach (although I think he will play well).

I know what you're saying. But I think this may be the best thing for us. I expect better run production out of Shoppach than we were getting from Martinez for the next 6-8 weeks. And then if Martinez can return to his old-self, he will be ready for the stretch run. I'm not sure how realistic it is to hope for him to return at full strength then, but it would be ideal.

TheRedMarauder
07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Victor Martinez (elbow surgery) will begin playing catch and swinging a bat in a week.

Cleveland's trainer says that he could return in three weeks if he doesn't suffer any setbacks.

rotoworld