PDA

View Full Version : Swimming

C-Van
06-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Does anybody watch Olympic swimming at all?

I am a swimmer, and I was just wondering if anybody was into that?

xander
06-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I swim on my high school team. I'm not a big fan of swimming, I just do it to stay in shape for water polo. I watch olympic swimming, but to religiously.

Zwelli2145
06-12-2008, 07:47 PM
I used to swim in high school. I wasn't that into it, I just wanted to stay in shape.

MaysBonds2425
06-13-2008, 12:44 AM
I used to swim in college, I just wanted to stay in shape.

xander
06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
I used to swim in high school. I wasn't that into it, I just wanted to stay in shape.

I used to swim in college, I just wanted to stay in shape.

I'm sensing a pattern.

yaowowrocket11
06-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm sensing a pattern.

I also swam in college, to keep in shape.

I sense no pattern whatsoever............

Celts22
06-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I swim and play Water Polo in college.

xander
07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I swim and play Water Polo in college.

:worthy: My hero

mikeyvee
08-06-2008, 08:45 PM
dont watch it

thefeckcampaign
08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
we are watching history here with Michael Phelps. this guy is everything of what a swimmer should be. the records being broken by him is just the beginning. i've not seen anyone as dominating as him since Matt Biondi, but that was simply in the shorter distance freestyle events. we are even blessed to watch Lochte, a world record holder himself, but even he is being humbled by the performance Phelps is putting on so far. amazing!

being a former competitor myself i know the amount of dedication it takes to get to not even to half of this level we are watching. former Olympian Tom Dolan was my brother-in-law's childhood friend. once swimming started rising to level in which we speak of Dolan more of less disappeared swimming 30 hrs a week. in my peak i was doing 6000 yards a day. that was insane. i never really got farther than states. i wonder what sort of drummer i would have been by now if i spent that time behind a kit instead. then again i wouldn't be as well rounded of a person i'm sure.

Brendan Hansen just had a bummer of a career ending. not only was he beat by his arch rival in the breaststroke Kosuke Kitajima, but Kitajima broke Hansen's world record and Hansen did not even win a silver or a bronze.

PhillyUD26
08-11-2008, 02:07 AM
That 400 Free Relay was one of the best races I've ever seen. Amazing how our boys pulled that out...we were a second behind with half a lap to go, and we pulled it out. That keeps Phelps hopes alive of getting 8 gold medals, and the two hardest events are out of the way.

natepro
08-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Phelps has a chance to be the most decorated Olympian ever, right?

thefeckcampaign
08-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Phelps has a chance to be the most decorated Olympian ever, right?yes. most golds of anyone in history. he has a second chance here to break Spitz' record with most golds in one Olympics as well. we are basically watching history here. it's sad most sports fans do not appreciate it as by this thread. i actually got a more drummers interested in talking about swimming than i can sport fans/jocks/ex-jocks.

http://pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=211921&page=1&pp=12

thefeckcampaign
08-11-2008, 11:06 AM
i'm still psyched from last night's relay. swimming is such an individual event that the few times there is a true team effort it really brings in a bonding experience. you can see how much more excited Phelps was for the team than he was himself the night before. i wish the Olympics had a team total like Gymnastics and College & High School Swimming has. i think you'd see even more people into it.

Phelps is a class act as well. Garrett Weber-Gale was about to talk **** back to the French afterwards but Michael turned the direction being a good winner. that split that Jason Lezak did was off the hook. at 32 he carried that team to victory.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/pl...orcereload=true

here's that relay. you may have to download something. i did.

natepro
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM
That link doesn't work anymore, but you can just go to Videos at that site and it's there.

I missed it when it was first aired, so that was the first time I've seen it. Just incredible. That was an amazing thing to watch.

thefeckcampaign
08-12-2008, 06:57 AM
6 Last night! (3 Gold, 1 Silver, and 2 Bronze )

Aaron Peirsol and Matt Grevers finished 1-2 in the 100 back. it reminded me of my sophomore year in high school where i out touched this junior to get my first 1st place finish ever. we were swimming against this lesser team and the coach switched around everyone. my race was the 100 back. some great memories are being brought back. i've been emailing and talking to a lot of old swimmer friends from that era. this has a lot of guys pumped up. in fact, one guy looked back and it appears some records from our era of school are still standing. none of course were ever set by me. i was never that good.

Phelps of course is doing what Phelps does, landing his ninth career gold medal and tying for the most career Olympic gold medals in any sport in history. Once again breaking a WR but he still didn't seem half as excited as he was the other night for the 4X100 Free Relay. i can't wait until the medley relay.

thefeckcampaign
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Phelps just collected #4 and 5. He almost looked pissed after the 200 Fly. It was as though he was mad because he did not break another world record. the 4X200 Free Relay was an absolute blow-out. Phelps totally set the tone there.

thefeckcampaign
08-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Phelps gets #6 by winning the 200 IM yesterday. this is absolutely amazing. he doesn't even seemed to be surprised. unbelievable talent. greatest swimmer of all time without a doubt.

i was happy to see Ryan Lochte win one as well going 1-2 with Peirsol in the 200 Back. Peirsol just did the same with Grevers in the 100 Back earlier.

Alain Bernard of France is clowly becoming known as the freestyle sprinter of this Olympics. I do miss Gary Hall Jr this year I must admit. What a bulldog he was.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0814/oly_g_phelps_lochte1_sw_412.jpg

the ladies are doing quite well. Rebecca Soni got a Gold in the 200 Breast Silvered in the 100 Breast as well. Natalie Coughlin has won 5 medals (1 gold, 1 silver. 3 bronze). Katie Hoff has underachieved according to most experts but she still has 3 medals so far. Australia's Stephannie Rice has won 3 Golds and Kirty Coventry is Zimbabwe's hero winning 3 Silvers so far.

thefeckcampaign
08-16-2008, 06:58 AM
He's done it! Via Mark Spitz, Phelps is now the greatest Olympian of all time.

xander
08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Michael Phelps is probably the greatest athlete of the year.

thefeckcampaign
08-17-2008, 09:49 PM
check this thread i created. :)

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261171