PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Paulino has set back

native_astro
06-10-2008, 10:44 AM
With extended spring training ending Wednesday in Florida, the Astros need to decide what to do with pitchers Felipe Paulino and Paul Estrada, both of whom are trying to return from injuries.

General manager Ed Wade said he will meet today or Wednesday with some of his staff members to discuss the future of the righthanders.

Paulino, who suffered a pinched nerve in his upper right arm in the spring, had another setback and is only playing light catch.

Estrada has shoulder issues and has been on a regular throwing program. He likely will join rookie league Greeneville or short-season Tri-City when their seasons begin this month.

source: Houston Chronicle
link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/5828414.html

The Astros should shut Paulino down for the rest of the year and have him start preparing for 09. Paulino has the chance to be a really good starter or a reliever and its just not worth it to try to rush him back.

TheRedMarauder
07-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Felipe Paulino threw a successful bullpen session Friday for the first time since re-aggravating the pinched nerve in his arm on June 10.

"It felt good that I did the bullpen," Paulino said. "It was just five minutes of all fastballs. It felt good." The Astros are hopeful he'll be able to return by the end of August.

rotoworld

lilboytwister99
07-20-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree shut him down the rest of the season if it sounds like the best thing to do. I really like Paulino and I think he could be a potential starter. Save him for '09. This seasons all but over.

native_astro
07-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I agree shut him down the rest of the season if it sounds like the best thing to do. I really like Paulino and I think he could be a potential starter. Save him for '09. This seasons all but over.

Eh, this post that I made was from way back in the beginning of the year, but it appears that Paulino is not feelng any pain. Paulino would be a great addition to our rotation or a guy that could be used as a 7th or 8th inning guy that maybe we groom to be the closer of the future.