PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Seahawks Season predictions

DoucheFarrar
06-03-2008, 02:35 AM
So here's my 2008 Seahawks Season Prediction. Lets share:D

Week

1 ) @Buffalo - The Seahawks new RB Squad deals healthy doses of thunder and lightning ala Jones and Duckett. J.P Losman gets hit several times as the Bill are forced to pass early and often:injury:. Seahawks win.

2 ) San Francisco - Julian Peterson and Patrick Kerney combine for 5 of 8 Seahawks sacks as Mike Martz doesn't know what a running play is:ouch:. Alex Smith limps out of Seahawks stadium after completing his first of two annual blue and green beatings. Seahawks win big.

3 ) St. Louis - Big Walrus manhandles Howie's little boy in a lopsided Seattle Win. Josh Brown gets nothing.

4 ) Bye

5 ) @NY Giants - After the bye, the Seahawks are rested and Branch comes back to make a big impact on the field. Seahawks Win a close one over the Champs.

6 ) Green Bay - Aaron Rogers isn't Brett Favre and Seahawks Stadium isn't Lambaeu field. Seahawks win a substantial victory.

7 ) @Tampa Bay - John Carlson has his first real breakout game. 8 catches 125 yards and 2 TD's. Cadillac gets dented a few more times by Patrick Kerney. Seahawks win.

8 ) @San Francisco - Darryl Tapp and Brandon Mebane combine for 5 of 8 Seahawks sacks as Mike Martz isn't sure who that Frank Gore guy is:ouch:. Seahawks blow out the Niners on the road. Niner fans are calling for Mike Nolans job and slapping the rice-a-roni out of his hands.

9 ) Philadelphia - Mcnabb is already out for the season at this point and his backup again throws 3 INT's to Lofa Tatupu. Seahawks win.

10) @Miami - C'mon. Seahawks win

11) Arizona - First Challenging division game of the Season for Seattle. Seattle's new running backs ans Solari's coaching again proves invaluable and Seattle takes the game at home.

12) Washington - Jim Zorn comes back to Seattle and is the latest victim for "holmy'sgottagetoneinhislastyearascoach-itis". Seattle wins a close game against a good Redskins team.

13) @Dallas - Thanksgiving provides the Cowboys a reason to be thankful. Since they wont have to take a plane ride home after a tough loss. Seahawks win:hi5:.

14) New England - The Patt'y come in hot but the top ranked Seahawks pass defense shuts down Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Seahawks chew up the clock in classic west coast fashion as the Patty's secondary has been depleted. Matt Hasselbeck throws 22 of 25 for 280 and 4 TD's. Seahawks win.

15) @St. Louis - Chris Long gets a second lesson from big Walt. Josh Brown Gets nothing! NOTHING! Seahawks win.

16) NY Jets - The one game that gets away from them. Seattle's first squad only plays the first half. Jets squeak out a close one against Seattle's #2's and hand the 'Hawks their only loss for the season.

17) @Arizona - Hawks rest their starters but the second squad pulls a close one against a Cards team that has fallen apart at this point in the season( its the cards )

Regular Season record 15-1 #1 Seed in the NFC

Hawks over Vikings in the NFC championship
Hawks over Colts in SuperBowl XXXXIII

Pro Bowlers
Offense
Matt Hasselbeck, throws for 30 TD's only 7 picks Best in the NFC.
Walter Jones
Sean Locklear
John Carlson, offensive rookie of the year with 75 catches for 1050 yards and 12 TD's

Defense
Lofa Tatupu for 4 in a row
Julian peterson breaks the 15 sack barrier this season
Leroy hill makes his 1st probowl and deservedly so, rounding out the best LB corp in the NFL.
Patrick kerney 14.5 sacks for the second year in a row.
Marcus Trufant solidifies himself as a shutdown corner and earns his second probowl selection.

The End

Lakers247
06-03-2008, 02:41 AM
You forgot that Holmgren retires with his 2nd superbowl. maybe now Shaun wishes he took that pay cut.

Boozerguy47
06-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Haha, I wouldn't mind that one bit... But I'm having a difficult time thinking that will happen.

If we stay healthy and our running game does well, we could easily win 13 games. I bet we win 12 or 11.

Baller1
06-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I hope you're trying to make a joke...

chad311k9
06-05-2008, 02:57 AM
i hate to say it(i'm a diehard seahawk fan) but I think the offense will struggle this year.

w1 Buf=W
w2 Sf=W
w3 Stl=W
w4 BYE
w5 Nyg=W
w6 Gb=W
w7 Tb=W
w8 Sf=W
w9 Phi=W
w10 Mia=W
w11 Ari=W
w12 Was=L
w13 Dal=W
w14 Ne=W
w15 Stl=W
w16 Nyj=W
w17 Ari=L

how is Seattle so successful with a poor offense? The DEFENSE really comes together and doesn't let anyone score more than 17.

i think hassleback will struggle with a declining front line, and depleted receiving core. the running game won't be any better with jones, although i think duckett will do well on his 3rd down opportunities. i fear a bad year offensively, but look forward to probably the greatest year defensively in seahawks history. the will be one of those year's where the old saying is reinforced........."DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

alexander_37
06-18-2008, 09:50 PM
man this is some homer-itis I LIKE IT

w1 Buf=W
w2 Sf=W
w3 Stl=W
w4 BYE
w5 Nyg=W
w6 Gb=W
w7 Tb=W
w8 Sf=W
w9 Phi=W
w10 Mia=W
w11 Ari=W
w12 Was=W
w13 Dal=W
w14 Ne=L
w15 Stl=W
w16 Nyj=W
w17 Ari=L

i want to add another loss or two to be realistic but i cant see us losing to any of these teams as of now but i think we will finish 12-4

the only reason we lose week 17 is rest

ztilzer31
06-20-2008, 06:01 AM
I'm loving these Sonics quotes by the way guys Lol. Just to tell ya'll my buddy went to Oklahoma where his dad grew up a couple months ago and he asked about 20 people weather they were excited about the Sonics. None of them knew what he was talking about....None.

JBOakley
07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
R U Guys serious Seattle is not that good theres noway they will blow out the niners twice this year Im not saying the 49ers will win the division but we have better chance then the seahawks. Im not talkin smack but Seattle will be lucky to win 7 Games and I guarantee Gore Will break a hundred yards each time we play you guys.

alexander_37
07-18-2008, 08:46 AM
lol a 9ers fan talking **** hahhahahaahhaa go make the plaoffs then tell us we suck buddy

TrueBlue#21
07-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I say we go 12-4 at worst. We dont have a very tough schedule and our offense will obviously be much better this year. My prediction however, is 13-3.... No.1 seed......Super Bowl Bound.... And this time we dont get screwed and take it all

Boozerguy47
07-18-2008, 11:54 PM
R U Guys serious Seattle is not that good theres noway they will blow out the niners twice this year Im not saying the 49ers will win the division but we have better chance then the seahawks. Im not talkin smack but Seattle will be lucky to win 7 Games and I guarantee Gore Will break a hundred yards each time we play you guys.

Wow, hahaha. That is all I am saying.

FWBrodie
07-22-2008, 03:14 AM

HAHA... I remember this idiot telling everyone how the 49ers were going to win the division last season. He has zero credibility.

Boozerguy47
07-22-2008, 01:09 PM
HAHA... I remember this idiot telling everyone how the 49ers were going to win the division last season. He has zero credibility.

Very true. It was kind of fun though. I love it how this year there are only a couple 9er fans who post in our thread saying they'll win. I guess this past season the majority of them learned their lesson.

Baller1
07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Jesus Christ. ahahaha. We do this season after season after season don't we? (Boozer and Brodie). The 49er fans and Ram fans all come in and talk ****, while the Cardinal fans stay quiet. Then the season comes around, the Seahawks **** on everyone in the division while Cardinals do pretty good. While all this is going on, the Rams and 49ers are racing for the number 1 pick. hahaha... yet they still talk.

Seppuku
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
i hate to say it(i'm a diehard seahawk fan) but I think the offense will struggle this year.

w1 Buf=W
w2 Sf=W
w3 Stl=W
w4 BYE
w5 Nyg=W
w6 Gb=W
w7 Tb=W
w8 Sf=W
w9 Phi=W
w10 Mia=W
w11 Ari=W
w12 Was=L
w13 Dal=W
w14 Ne=W
w15 Stl=W
w16 Nyj=W
w17 Ari=L

I say we lose the openner in Buffalo. It will be close. And then not another lost game until 2 straight vs Dallas and NE. We then drop a sleeper against the Cardinals. Important note here: If the Seahawks manage 12-4 this season, it will be the first time the Seahawks have been at .500 as a franchise. If they then win the SB, they will be .500 in the playoffs as well. Tooth and nail time. Don't let the opportunity slip away.

Boozerguy47
07-23-2008, 07:13 PM
^ Interesting... Also, I definitely could agree with your predictions. However, I think we will beat either Dallas or New England for sure, maybe both if we get lucky.

Seattle Vikings
07-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't doubt youy guys will win the division but goin 13-3. This is the toughest scheduale I have seen for the Seahawks for the last several years. Plus your running game is still unproven, you have a grip of injurys at the WR position (is Engram still holding out?), nobody knows if or how many games Tatupu and rocky will be suspended, last year your scheduale was a lot softer and you finished 10-6. I love the confidence but a little over there top. good luck and I hope the Vikings play the Hawks in the championship game my two fav teams.
My pick for you guys is 10-6 make the playoffs
w1 Buf=l Buffalo will be good
w2 Sf=W
w3 Stl=W
w4 BYE
w5 Nyg=l They did win the superbowl last year.
w6 Gb=W help my vikes out
w7 Tb=W
w8 Sf=W
w9 Phi=l Good team
w10 Mia=W
w11 Ari=W
w12 Was=W
w13 Dal=L Arguably best team in the nfc
w14 Ne=L Moss will tear apartany D
w15 Stl=W
w16 Nyj=W
w17 Ari=L Better then peeps give them credit for

JBOakley
07-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Honestly what are you guys amped for. Your QB is good Ill give you that but Julius Jones will be nothing like Alexander was. Jones is injury prone and Tj Duckett is crap so dont get to excited you guys have maybe the 3rd best RB in our divison behind Jackson and Gore your Wrs are decent at best and you guys still have no good TE. Now your defense is solid I really cant say to much but tell me why you guys have such a positive outlook when your offense has the potential to the worst in the divison. oh yeah Im not trying to start a argument I seriously want to know

JBOakley
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Trust me it sucks I mean Ive had to deal with niners being outright horrible the last 5 plus years and I wasnt used to that but where getting better and I promise you the niners will be contenders this year but it will be a tight division because your defense is solid but your offense is shady it will be a good year heres my picks
49ers 9-7
Seahawks 8-8
Ram 8-8
Cardinals 6-10

Boozerguy47
07-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Why are we "amped"? Because we've won the division easily past few years. Why will we win it again? We dumped Alexander, a high school running back is better than him. He over-achieved his entire career behind a great O-line. I don’t see how on earth you could say Jones and Duckett are worse than Alexander. Because you said that, your entire post is basically worthless to read if you really think Alexander is better. Hasselbeck is Hasselbeck. Ben Obomanu and Courtney Taylor both have had another year of experience. Even last year playing as our #4 and 5 receivers they were solid. I don't remember either dropping a pass in their dozen or so catches. Sure this year they'll have more pressure on them, so we will see what they're made of. Nate Burleson has been listed in several reports this year as looking the best of all the Seahawks during spring training camp. Tight end is our major question mark. Heller is a great blocker and hasn't had that many opportunities to show his ability to catch passes. Carlson has very good hands, but is unproven. Oh, and we picked up Pro-Bowler Mike Wahle to beef up our O-line.

Now to the defense… Last year our defense was great despite having four or five new starters on our team. Even without having much time to play with one another our defense quickly developed a chemistry between them. Russell, Grant, Jennings and Kerney now have a full season playing along side Peterson, Trufant, Hill, Tatupu and the rest of the guys. Our defense is young and solid across the board. Don’t tell me you disagree with that.

I have no idea how in the world the 9ers will win more than five or six games this year. They still have that so called QB with the last name “Smith”. Davis hasn't proved much the past couple years. Sure he is a great athlete, but he is still a question mark because he has never had a good QB to throw him the ball. Your defense is talented and young, but still very unproven.

Seppuku
07-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Honestly what are you guys amped for. Your QB is good Ill give you that but Julius Jones will be nothing like Alexander was. Jones is injury prone and Tj Duckett is crap so dont get to excited you guys have maybe the 3rd best RB in our divison behind Jackson and Gore your Wrs are decent at best and you guys still have no good TE. Now your defense is solid I really cant say to much but tell me why you guys have such a positive outlook when your offense has the potential to the worst in the divison. oh yeah Im not trying to start a argument I seriously want to know

Interesting. We will wish the 49ers well as they change coaching staff and schemes again. Hopefully that college dynamo/NFL flop QB works out for you. The better the 49ers do, the better the Seahawks look. Your team has been dragging the NFCW reputation down.

In case you missed it, Alexander has been a disaster the past two years. Jones will be a good change for the Seahawks this season. We don't expect him to carry the team to victory but we do expect more effort. Hopefully he stays healthy for us where Alexander had some very serious injuries for a running back. Sure loved Alexander in 2005 and before. In his prime he was one of the best RBs to ever play. He has better career stats than Bettis who played for almost twice as long. Not anymore. Notice that no one has signed him for this year. Despite this, the Seahawks still won last year and the year before.

Seattle didn't have a quality TE last year either. We brought in a one year flop FA. Now he is off to NE. Jeb Putzier should be ok (great college player, blah as a pro) until Carlson gets up to speed.

If you want to talk about weaknesses, look to the FB and WR positions. Weaver and Schmidt have their work cut out to fill Strong's shoes. You just don't replace pro bowl talent like that overnight. I'm hoping that some of the insane, in your face, steamroller attitude of Owen Schmidt rubs off on the rest of the run game.

WR's have me concerned. Apparently Tim is not concerned as we brought in no FA WRs and didn't draft any. We will have to see how that plays out for all of our 2nd stringers who will be pushed for more playing time this year.

FWBrodie
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM

Last season Shaun Alexander was completely useless. Julius Jones is a substantial upgrade. The Seahawks bring back their entire defense (by far the best in the NFC West) plus a first round DE, a gigantic 4th rd. DT, and a veteran NFL starting DT in Larry Tripplett. With the Alexander situation, a terribly unproductive TE (Pollard), and a very beat up WR corps last year, the Seahawks still managed to coast through the season and take the division with ease. The defense is improved and the offense should be at least as good as it was last year (scoring almost twice as many points as the 49ers did) and probably better with Jones' younger legs.

FWBrodie
07-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Trust me it sucks I mean Ive had to deal with niners being outright horrible the last 5 plus years and I wasnt used to that but where getting better and I promise you the niners will be contenders this year but it will be a tight division because your defense is solid but your offense is shady it will be a good year heres my picks
49ers 9-7
Seahawks 8-8
Ram 8-8
Cardinals 6-10

HAHAHAHAHA... absolutely ridiculous and hilarious.

The Seahawks scored 102 more points than thier opponents last year, the 49ers scored 145 less than theirs. Think about it.

Boozerguy47
07-25-2008, 01:04 AM
HAHAHAHAHA... absolutely ridiculous and hilarious.

The Seahawks scored 102 more points than thier opponents last year, the 49ers scored 145 less than theirs. Think about it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Oh man, that did crack me. I really want to save that as a quote hahaha.

alexander_37
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
49ers 9-7
Seahawks 8-8
Ram 8-8
Cardinals 6-10

didnt we shut you out? go home son

JBOakley
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
If you want to bring up the past I will agree with you yes the Seahawks have your team won the divison the last 4 yrs but how many superbowls have you won. And for Alexander he was a dominant back its funny how you guys just turn on him. He is old and not dominant anymore but Julius Jones come on hes a good back but he'll never be domiant like Alexander was and hes injury prown and by the way how many teams has Duckett been on in his career and how many good seasons maybe one with the Falcons. We'll see what happens this season it should be interesting. Question who is your guys starting TE

Baller1
07-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Last season Shaun Alexander was completely useless. Julius Jones is a substantial upgrade. The Seahawks bring back their entire defense (by far the best in the NFC West) plus a first round DE, a gigantic 4th rd. DT, and a veteran NFL starting DT in Larry Tripplett. With the Alexander situation, a terribly unproductive TE (Pollard), and a very beat up WR corps last year, the Seahawks still managed to coast through the season and take the division with ease. The defense is improved and the offense should be at least as good as it was last year (scoring almost twice as many points as the 49ers did) and probably better with Jones' younger legs.

Let's not forget Tubbs, who's been out for the past 2 seasons with knee injuries. He's basically just an extra first rounder to add to our defensive line rotation.

Baller1
07-25-2008, 12:57 PM
If you want to bring up the past I will agree with you yes the Seahawks have your team won the divison the last 4 yrs but how many superbowls have you won. And for Alexander he was a dominant back its funny how you guys just turn on him. He is old and not dominant anymore but Julius Jones come on hes a good back but he'll never be domiant like Alexander was and hes injury prown and by the way how many teams has Duckett been on in his career and how many good seasons maybe one with the Falcons. We'll see what happens this season it should be interesting. Question who is your guys starting TE

Yeah but will he ever suck as bad as Alexdander did last season? No...

and our Starting TE is rookie John Carlson out of Notre Dame.

JBOakley
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh didnt you guys sign Jeb Putzier maybe im wrong

Baller1
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh didnt you guys sign Jeb Putzier maybe im wrong

Yeah, he'll get PT, but Carlson is the starter.

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 03:22 PM
all you seahawks fans talk about is winning the division....is that the highlight of your season?....is that what gets you off?....teams today are setting their sights higher....there is no way that the seahawks will win 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 games like you guys have been posting....your QB is getting older and it's showing with nicks and scrapes here and there....one good hit and he will be done for the year because your o-line play isn't what it once was....it wasn't that alexander was getting old and slow, your line play has been on the decline...your defense is very well over-rated and only looks outstanding with the help of your "12th man" when you guys play at home...you won't sweep anyone in the division so that's 3 lost right there, count a lost to the giants, that's 4, count a lost to TB, that's 5, count a lost to DAL, that's 6, count a lost to NE, that's 7...and in all honesty, you'll be lucky to leave buffalo on opening day with a win....a seattle lost in buffalo wouldn't surprise me at all....by the way, my niners are going to sweep you guys...so you should finish the season at about 8-8 or 7-9 if my gut feeling on the BUF lost holds true

Baller1
07-25-2008, 03:41 PM
all you seahawks fans talk about is winning the division....is that the highlight of your season?....is that what gets you off?....teams today are setting their sights higher....there is no way that the seahawks will win 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 games like you guys have been posting....your QB is getting older and it's showing with nicks and scrapes here and there....one good hit and he will be done for the year because your o-line play isn't what it once was....it wasn't that alexander was getting old and slow, your line play has been on the decline...your defense is very well over-rated and only looks outstanding with the help of your "12th man" when you guys play at home...you won't sweep anyone in the division so that's 3 lost right there, count a lost to the giants, that's 4, count a lost to TB, that's 5, count a lost to DAL, that's 6, count a lost to NE, that's 7...and in all honesty, you'll be lucky to leave buffalo on opening day with a win....a seattle lost in buffalo wouldn't surprise me at all....by the way, my niners are going to sweep you guys...so you should finish the season at about 8-8 or 7-9 if my gut feeling on the BUF lost holds true

WOW!?! Alright here we go...

Are you fricken kidding me!?!

1. Of course we want to win the Super Bowl, but we take it step by step. First we want to win the division, then focus on the playoffs. Unlike San Fran fans, who go from being a bottom 5 team in the league to "We will win the division this season". Talk about big steps, huh?

2. We will win 10 games, AT THE LEAST. You are underestimating the Seahawks so much it is mind-boggling.

3. Hasselbeck is not as old as everyone thinks he is. His best season of his entire career was last season. What in the hell gives you the idea that he declining?

4. Our line has just been bolstered this season with the addition of Mike Whale, a pro-bowler who will be the closest thing to Hutchinson since we lost him.

5. Our defense is by far, again, by far the best in the division. And, on top of that it will easily be one of the best in the NFC. We had four starting pro-bowlers on Defense last season. And you think they're overrated? Thats laughable. We played an entire season without Marcus Tubbs, our best run stopper. We added a first round pick in Lawrence Jackson (who we just locked up for 5 years). Last season was Deon Grant's and Brian Russel's first season with the team. I'm banking on them doing even better this season.

6. Our "12th man" will make the home games even easier. We will probably be 7-1/8-0 at home, so your prediction is pretty much ****ed right there.

7. We will win all division games at home, and we will take 1 at the least at St. Louis, Arizona, or San Fran.

8. Wow, you honestly think we will lose all those games. We will beat the Giants, we always do. We will probably lose to NE. Tampa Bay will be a good game. Dallas will be a good game. Buffalo? Come on, that will be a win.

9. HAHAHA. San Fran? Sweep? the Seahawks? Nothing needs to be said...

So after saying all this, I hope you have enjoyed your Seahawks lesson.

Seppuku
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM

Apparently you weren't paying attention. That's ok. Your 49ers will be really bad..... Again. Maybe you can pray really hard that your team sacrifices the future to the Packers and they can sign Brett Favre. Then, maybe a team with some amazing depth on the O-Line will cut some of it's extra pro-bowlers and you can pick them up so Favre won't get killed in the one season he plays for you. By the way, Seattle firmed up it's OLine by signing a pro-bowler to cover it's weakest point. The 49ers will have to score more than 3 points this year to sweep the Seahawks. Not sure why you think that will happen. I'm going to predict that the Seahawks have a top 5 defense in the NFC this year. Not even a stretch. I'll also predict that no other NFCW team will be in the top half of the NFC.

Yes, we anticipate and set our sights on winning the division. One step at a time. If you are set on dreaming of the Superbowl and forget the path that gets you there, you will stumble and fall as the 49ers have been doing. Win each game as it comes. Win the division. Win the Conference. Win the Superbowl.

DoucheFarrar
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM

Man, you're at least three different kinds of dumb. Our Secondary was best in the NFL last year with fewest touchdown passes allowed. And that was the first year with Deon Grant and Brian Russell at Safety.

We have the best linebacking trio in the NFL Period. The two weakness' they had last year on the D line have been addressed with the Drafting of Lawrence Jackson and Red Bryant. The fact that Marcus Tubbs should be ready by the start of the Season along with the signing of long time pro Larry Tripplett is gravy.

Combine those facts with the improvements on offense with the signings of Pro-Bowler Mike Wahle at LG, Julius Jones and TJ duckett. That combo should Improve Seattles run game far more than you give credit for. As a by product of extending drives and opening up the passing game; you will also see as a result more pressure from Seattle's speed/blitzing defense. Expect the Hawks to Sack Alex Smith AT LEAST 10 times this season. Remember I said that. Write it down, and then read it again after it happens and cry.

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
i think what you seahawks fans are doing is defending your team and hoping to make them look better than they really are because deep inside you know that your days of success and dominance of the West is coming to an end....you see the mind is a funny thing, and when you began telling yourself something over and over again, you eventually begin to start believing it...the times you have beat the giants were in SEA, it's in NY this year, that's a lost for you guys...with a revamped 49er O'line, there is absolutely no way that you guys stop Gore...it will be 2006 all over again....and you do remember how he carved you guys up that year don't you?....the quick drops and quick releases of martz offense will pick you guys apart, which in turn will leave your blitzes ineffective.....for one the offense is going to be spread more often....bruce is the master of quick slants, after rice of course, bryant johnson is a big body that can shield out any DB, and your DB's aren't that impressive or physical enough....battle in the slot with his hands will eat you up....and gore or foster out the backfield is a mismatch for any of your LB's....let alone vernon davis...you see seahawks fans, things in the west are changing...stack the line and blitz the 49ers this year, and you will pay, oh yes, you will pay....good luck on your upcoming season

DoucheFarrar
07-25-2008, 04:21 PM
i think what you seahawks fans are doing is defending your team and hoping to make them look better than they really are because deep inside you know that your days of success and dominance of the West is coming to an end....you see the mind is a funny thing, and when you began telling yourself something over and over again, you eventually begin to start believing it...the times you have beat the giants were in SEA, it's in NY this year, that's a lost for you guys...with a revamped 49er O'line, there is absolutely no way that you guys stop Gore...it will be 2006 all over again....and you do remember how he carved you guys up that year don't you?....the quick drops and quick releases of martz offense will pick you guys apart, which in turn will leave your blitzes ineffective.....for one the offense is going to be spread more often....bruce is the master of quick slants, after rice of course, bryant johnson is a big body that can shield out any DB, and your DB's aren't that impressive or physical enough....battle in the slot with his hands will eat you up....and gore or foster out the backfield is a mismatch for any of your LB's....let alone vernon davis...you see seahawks fans, things in the west are changing...stack the line and blitz the 49ers this year, and you will pay, oh yes, you will pay....good luck on your upcoming season

You think Martz is gonna do what?? He couldn't do that with the Rams when they were good. And He had Tory Holt and a much younger Isaac Bruce. And believe me, Alex smith is no Marc Bulger.

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
You think Martz is gonna do what?? He couldn't do that with the Rams when they were good. And He had Tory Holt and a much younger Isaac Bruce. And believe me, Alex smith is no Marc Bulger.

:bla::bla::bla:

alexander_37
07-25-2008, 05:09 PM
again we shut u out so no talky till u win

hass is the same age as peyton manning and like a year older than brady ........

Baller1
07-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Gore will never do that again. You realize we didn't have Kerney that season. We didn't have Deon Grant that season. We didn't have Brian Russell that season. Our defense was a mess that season. Guess what happened... we won the division.

DownSouth49er
07-25-2008, 07:17 PM
yeah yeah yeah, i know already, you guys won the divsion, you won the divsion the year before, and the year before, lol is that all you guys can talk about.....here's one for ya....we have 5 SUPERBOWLS, how many do you have......ahhhhhhhhhh NONE.....when you guys win a SUPERBOWL & not THE DIVSION, get at me, i'll be on the 49er forum........until then shutup and concentrate on rebuilding because that's the next step for you guys....it'll be the same old seahawks from the AFC West, last in the division, stinking up the joint

MaZin420
07-25-2008, 08:29 PM
again we shut u out so no talky till u win

hass is the same age as peyton manning and like a year older than brady ........

Don't ever put that middle aged bald allegedly gay QB in the same sentence as some one as great as peyton.

That is like putting julius jones in the same sentence as Frank the Tank just wrong.

alexander_37
07-25-2008, 11:17 PM
we won 5 super bowls back in my day when we only had one bar on our helmet and we had to walk 5 miles to school up hill in the snow blah blah

sure you were the past but we are the present

and how do you figure hass is gay .... hes married

Boozerguy47
07-25-2008, 11:44 PM
yeah yeah yeah, i know already, you guys won the divsion, you won the divsion the year before, and the year before, lol is that all you guys can talk about.....here's one for ya....we have 5 SUPERBOWLS, how many do you have......ahhhhhhhhhh NONE.....when you guys win a SUPERBOWL & not THE DIVSION, get at me, i'll be on the 49er forum........until then shutup and concentrate on rebuilding because that's the next step for you guys....it'll be the same old seahawks from the AFC West, last in the division, stinking up the joint

Dude, who cares? Seriously... Were you even around when they won their Super Bowls? Sure, for those years they won it must have been awesome, but you have no idea what you sound like. What you're saying is that you don't care how bad your team is for the next five decades because you won a couple of championships a decade or so ago. Congrats on that, I hope you enjoy those because it is all you'll be able to smile about when you think of the 9ers.

Enough with the history card, it doesn't mean anything. Not like you have the same coach or players. Probably have lost half your fans too. It is ridiculous that you guys keep saying this stuff about your "amazing history". It doesn't mean anything going into this year and you know it so just cut it already.

Baller1
07-26-2008, 12:55 AM

When you win 7 games in one season, get at me, I'll be right here in the Seahawk forum... until then, shut up and concentrate on winning, because it's the next step for you guys. You'll stay the same old 49ers; high hopes, no results.

P.S. I just realized I rhymed, that was ****ing awsome.

DownSouth49er
07-26-2008, 03:09 AM
Dude, who cares? Seriously... Were you even around when they won their Super Bowls? Sure, for those years they won it must have been awesome, but you have no idea what you sound like. What you're saying is that you don't care how bad your team is for the next five decades because you won a couple of championships a decade or so ago. Congrats on that, I hope you enjoy those because it is all you'll be able to smile about when you think of the 9ers.

Enough with the history card, it doesn't mean anything. Not like you have the same coach or players. Probably have lost half your fans too. It is ridiculous that you guys keep saying this stuff about your "amazing history". It doesn't mean anything going into this year and you know it so just cut it already.

I was around, I was born in 1979......and what you are saying is that you don't care that your team doesn't win the superbowl as long as they win the West and beat the 49ers.....all you will be able to smile about is winning the West 3 or 4 years in a row....if the history card doesn't mean anything, why are you guys constantly talking about when you won the division? those seasons has passed, it's over with and regardless of you guys winning it and us not, we both ended up the same place after it was all said and done, AT HOME AND WITHOUT A SUPERBOWL RING......any fan who has left wasn't a diehard fan to begin with....and it's equally ridiculous that you guys are still dwelling on being West champs...it doesn't mean anything now and won't count towards what you do for this season, so cut it already

DownSouth49er
07-26-2008, 03:14 AM
When you win 7 games in one season, get at me, I'll be right here in the Seahawk forum... until then, shut up and concentrate on winning, because it's the next step for you guys. You'll stay the same old 49ers; high hopes, no results.

P.S. I just realized I rhymed, that was ****ing awsome.

you are right, winning is the next step for us, and we will do just that....i'd rather be on the upcoming than on the decline......we went through our years of rebuilding, you guys are just starting, lmao......and dude, you didn't rhyme, lmao......hopes and results do not rhyme:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Baller1
07-26-2008, 03:28 AM
you are right, winning is the next step for us, and we will do just that....i'd rather be on the upcoming than on the decline......we went through our years of rebuilding, you guys are just starting, lmao......and dude, you didn't rhyme, lmao......hopes and results do not rhyme:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah, well then you just went through a **** storm of a rebuilding process.

Well, if you had any sense of rythym, rap, music, you'd understand what I meant by rhyming.

Baller1
07-26-2008, 03:32 AM
I was around, I was born in 1979......and what you are saying is that you don't care that your team doesn't win the superbowl as long as they win the West and beat the 49ers.....all you will be able to smile about is winning the West 3 or 4 years in a row....if the history card doesn't mean anything, why are you guys constantly talking about when you won the division? those seasons has passed, it's over with and regardless of you guys winning it and us not, we both ended up the same place after it was all said and done, AT HOME AND WITHOUT A SUPERBOWL RING......any fan who has left wasn't a diehard fan to begin with....and it's equally ridiculous that you guys are still dwelling on being West champs...it doesn't mean anything now and won't count towards what you do for this season, so cut it already

Do you really not see the point we are trying to make? The streak of division titles isn't history until it is ended. You're going back to the years in which none of your players remain. Jerry Rice, Montana, and Steve Young retired. I don't if you got the news, it was on ESPN a few years ago, a lot of years ago, ****, many years ago. 49ers are the past, Seahawks are the present. You still haven't gotten used to it?

DownSouth49er
07-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, well then you just went through a **** storm of a rebuilding process.

Well, if you had any sense of rythym, rap, music, you'd understand what I meant by rhyming.

i'm black, need i say more? lol, all i listen to is rap music, and you weren't rhyming.....bottom line is, until you guys win the division again this year, what you have done in the years past is a mute point....it counts for nothing...it can be said your chances of winning it again is good because of the past few years, but that doesn't make you a step closer to actually doing it again this year....your divsion titles as of late doesn't count for a game towards winning it this year, we are all 0-0 at this point...so what does your past division wins have to do with this upcoming season? NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, so get over it

Baller1
07-26-2008, 02:11 PM
i'm black, need i say more? lol, all i listen to is rap music, and you weren't rhyming.....bottom line is, until you guys win the division again this year, what you have done in the years past is a mute point....it counts for nothing...it can be said your chances of winning it again is good because of the past few years, but that doesn't make you a step closer to actually doing it again this year....your divsion titles as of late doesn't count for a game towards winning it this year, we are all 0-0 at this point...so what does your past division wins have to do with this upcoming season? NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, so get over it

We have the same core of players from all those division titles... so, once again, you're evidence to your side of the point is false.

DownSouth49er
07-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Do you really not see the point we are trying to make? The streak of division titles isn't history until it is ended. You're going back to the years in which none of your players remain. Jerry Rice, Montana, and Steve Young retired. I don't if you got the news, it was on ESPN a few years ago, a lot of years ago, ****, many years ago. 49ers are the past, Seahawks are the present. You still haven't gotten used to it?

as soon as the offseason begins, i throw the previous season out the window....im over the superbowl wins we had and only mention them when you guys throw in your "division championships"....division championships are meaningless if you don't win the superbowl....any record you post is meaningless if you don't win it all....i bet if you ask the guys on your team if they are estatic to be NFC west champs the past few years, they'll say no because we didn't win it all...but it's the fans who are making it seem as though they just won the superbowl because they won the west....as a 49er fan I look forward to winning the division because in the NFC things are always close for a playoff spot and when you win your division your in the playoffs....i don't look to win it so I can get on the internet and come on the seahawks forum and say "WE WON THE WEST, TAKE THAT SEAHAWKS"...i want a guaranteed playoff spot, and winning the division gives you that.....but you seahawks fans seem more happy about winning the divsion to talk trash to 9er fans, than you are your team winning it and going further into the playoffs...it's like as long as your team wins the west you are happy, lol, and dats sad....i bet your coaches and players aren't dwelling on winning the division...those guys want a superbowl and are past those division wins

DownSouth49er
07-26-2008, 02:21 PM
We have the same core of players from all those division titles... so, once again, you're evidence to your side of the point is false.

that's true to some point, minus alexander, djack, hutchinson and a few others....but at the same time, teams like the 9ers, rams, and cards don't have the same players.....they more than likely have younger players that are making their team better and more competitive....so just because you might have your same core of players, doesn't make you a lock to win it again...because the other teams in your divsion have a change in players, and more than likely it's players that are making them better

Baller1
07-26-2008, 02:32 PM
as soon as the offseason begins, i throw the previous season out the window....im over the superbowl wins we had and only mention them when you guys throw in your "division championships"....division championships are meaningless if you don't win the superbowl....any record you post is meaningless if you don't win it all....i bet if you ask the guys on your team if they are estatic to be NFC west champs the past few years, they'll say no because we didn't win it all...but it's the fans who are making it seem as though they just won the superbowl because they won the west....as a 49er fan I look forward to winning the division because in the NFC things are always close for a playoff spot and when you win your division your in the playoffs....i don't look to win it so I can get on the internet and come on the seahawks forum and say "WE WON THE WEST, TAKE THAT SEAHAWKS"...i want a guaranteed playoff spot, and winning the division gives you that.....but you seahawks fans seem more happy about winning the divsion to talk trash to 9er fans, than you are your team winning it and going further into the playoffs...it's like as long as your team wins the west you are happy, lol, and dats sad....i bet your coaches and players aren't dwelling on winning the division...those guys want a superbowl and are past those division wins

Yeah, you're completely right. I don't want to win the SB. The Super Bowl is just a waste of time... :rolleyes:

We say this because it's the truth and we have a reason to brag. You have absolutely no bragging rights. We have reasons to be happy, confident, etc. The Seahawks have earned that for us. Of course we want to win the Super Bowl, but as you can relate, it's a tough feat. So why can't we atleast enjoy the success we ARE having at the time, until our time comes and we do win it all?

FWBrodie
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM
count a lost to the giants, that's 4, count a lost to TB, that's 5, count a lost to DAL, that's 6, count a lost to NE, that's 7...and in all honesty, you'll be lucky to leave buffalo on opening day with a win....a seattle lost in buffalo wouldn't surprise me at all

that's a lost for you guys

What is "a lost"? You mean a loss? You're an idiot.

Baller1
07-26-2008, 02:49 PM

:laugh2:

Wow, I didn't even catch that.

DownSouth49er
07-26-2008, 03:02 PM

i guess your an idiot also because you understood what i meant...and either way you put it, you still won't win those games:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Baller1
07-26-2008, 03:06 PM
i guess your an idiot also because you understood what i meant...and either way you put it, you still won't win those games:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That entire post was just down right pathetic.

DownSouth49er
07-26-2008, 03:36 PM
That entire post was just down right pathetic.

dude you didn't notice anything wrong with it until brodie said something, lmao...so it's obvious u understood what i was saying....im done with you seagirls fans....i won't post on you forum anymore until the season starts and you lose in BUF on opening day....like webbie says, adios

Boozerguy47
07-27-2008, 01:37 AM
that's true to some point, minus alexander, djack, hutchinson and a few others....but at the same time, teams like the 9ers, rams, and cards don't have the same players.....they more than likely have younger players that are making their team better and more competitive....so just because you might have your same core of players, doesn't make you a lock to win it again...because the other teams in your divsion have a change in players, and more than likely it's players that are making them better

D Jack and Alexander suck. Hutchinson and Jones made Alexander into an MVP.

Going back to you saying how us winning the division the past few years doesn't mean anything since your Super Bowl wins don't count is absurd. If you seriously cannot realize why winning the division the past few years is a major key going into this year then I actually understand why you might think your Super Bowls actually account for something during this 2008 season. I'm not trying to take anything away from your championships, but we all know that is totally irrelevant to the 2008 season. The Hawks still have their same core (except Alexander) from their run the past few years. Our defense is younger and better than it was four years ago as well...

Boozerguy47
07-27-2008, 01:41 AM

I'm sorry, but how in the world is Brodie an idiot when he realized what you meant to say? So is every teacher in the world an "idiot" for determining what a student might have meant to say even when they didn't say it in a form that makes sense? Not trying to be rude here, just saying that doesn't make someone stupid haha.

alexander_37
07-27-2008, 09:30 AM
September 7th vs Arizona loss
September 14th at Seattle loss
September 21st vs Detroit close one ill give u it
September 28th at New Orleans loss
October 5th vs New England loss
October 12th vs Philadelphia loss
October 19th at New York Giants loss
October 26th vs Seattle loss
November 2nd Bye Week hey ull even lose that one
November 10th at Arizona loss
November 16th vs St. Louis loss
November 23rd at Dallas loss
November 30th at Buffalo loss
December 7th vs New York Giants loss
December 14th at Miami win
December 21st at St. Louis win
December 28th vs Washington loss

3-13 anyone?

DoucheFarrar
07-27-2008, 11:57 AM
September 7th vs Arizona loss
September 14th at Seattle loss
September 21st vs Detroit close one ill give u it
September 28th at New Orleans loss
October 5th vs New England loss
October 12th vs Philadelphia loss
October 19th at New York Giants loss
October 26th vs Seattle loss
November 2nd Bye Week hey ull even lose that one
November 10th at Arizona loss
November 16th vs St. Louis loss
November 23rd at Dallas loss
November 30th at Buffalo loss
December 7th vs New York Giants loss
December 14th at Miami win
December 21st at St. Louis win
December 28th vs Washington loss

3-13 anyone?

uhhhh, thats not even the Seahawks schedule

alexander_37
07-27-2008, 02:10 PM
49ers.... durrrr

Baller1
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM

We're idiots because we can understand some of what stupid people say? I deal with a lot of stupid people everyday, you're not the only one in the world. Come on now, you're not that special...

FWBrodie
07-29-2008, 03:21 AM

The stupidity in your words speaks for itself.

9erlakesdodgers
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Your schedule isn't thatttt easy, plus I don't understand how you guys are very confident in beating the Giants and or the Patriots and going 12-4 at worst? Come on you have some tough road games and that isn't a easy schedule. Plus your team was probably better last year, on paper than this year. We will give you guys good games this year. No shutouts or us getting beaten badly, just trust it.

DoucheFarrar
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Your schedule isn't thatttt easy, plus I don't understand how you guys are very confident in beating the Giants and or the Patriots and going 12-4 at worst? Come on you have some tough road games and that isn't a easy schedule. Plus your team was probably better last year, on paper than this year. We will give you guys good games this year. No shutouts or us getting beaten badly, just trust it.

How about I trust that you smoke crack instead. That at the moment seems more believable. :hi5: Ohhhhh yeaaahhhh

Boozerguy47
07-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Giants are overrated going into this year. They lost a few important starters over the off-season. They did nothing to get better this off-season. I don't see why any team would feel that they couldn't beat the Giants. The patriots and Dallas should be our two greatest tests. I doubt we win both, but I bet we could win one of those two.

Seppuku
07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Don't forget that the Seahawks have 10 straight wins over the NFC East.

Seppuku
07-29-2008, 07:38 PM

I will trust that the 49ers are better this year. Fortunately for us, your perception that the Seahawks are not as good as last year is false. The Seahawks, at this point, are much better than last year. Both lines will be better which certainly helps all of the skill positions do their jobs better. Let's hope that the entire NFCW is not bitten by the injury bug as badly as they were last year.

9erlakesdodgers
07-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I will trust that the 49ers are better this year. Fortunately for us, your perception that the Seahawks are not as good as last year is false. The Seahawks, at this point, are much better than last year. Both lines will be better which certainly helps all of the skill positions do their jobs better. Let's hope that the entire NFCW is not bitten by the injury bug as badly as they were last year.

That's fair, because you guys would obv know your team more, as would us niner fans with our team, esp during the off season. Also it is going to be pretty hard for us to be WORSE than last year, so us being better this year isn't really an achievement. We just want to be at a point where we can compete for the division and give you guys a run for your money. Once we have that down, we should be strong for years as we are pretty young and full of talent.

Magic12ball
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
@Bills: L; 10-13. In a hearbreaking season opener, Marshall quickly reverts to soft coverage as soon as the seahawks take the lead, allowing the Bills to recover from a 10 point lead.

49ers: W; 28-0. The 49ers feel the wrath of a pumped up Seahawks team bouncing back from a bad loss. Alex Smith gets sacked 7 times in a total blowout.

Rams: W; 7-3. The offensive fireworks on display last week fail to show. However, the defense brings their A-game and the Ram's O never had a prayer.

@Giants: W; 17-14. The Giants blow a myriad of easy opportunities to lock the game away and Coutu nails a beauty at the end of the game.

Packers: W; 24-6. The Seahawk's D has not forgotten the playoff game last year. In front of an ear blowing loud and drunk audience, the Seattle D beats Rodgers like a redheaded stepchild.

@Bucs: W; 10-6. The Seahawk offense struggles, but once again, the defense, by now considered one of the NFL's elite, prevails.

@49ers: W; 7-6. The Seahawks offense fails to log a single point against a niners defense that finally decides to show up. Only a timely Burleson TD return saves the day.

Eagles: W; 27-14. The offense finally decides to arrive. Nothing unusual this game.

@Dolphins: W; 21-20. The Dolphins run constantly behind pro-bowl lock Jake Long and wear out the Seattle Defense. However, they cannot seal the deal and the Hawks prevail on a final drive. In a nail-biting game that has many loyal fans questioning the Hawks, Hasselbeck provides the magic.

Cardinals: W; 42-21. This game is pretty much the same as the home game against the Cards last year. Marshall pulls out the soft zone when we take a quick 17-0 lead. However, the Cards cannot do it.

Redskins: W; 24-21. It's not Jim Zorn's house any more. The Skins ride an emotional high to a first half lead, but cannot hold it.

@Cowboys: L; 28-31. The Seattle Defense starts getting lazy and overconfident and is exposed. The Boys fans dont stop talking smack until they are bounced from the playoffs without a win. Again.

Patriots: L: 20-21. The Hawks simply don't bring their hearts.

@Rams: W: 21-18. In a nailbiter, following Hawks-Rams tradition, Burleson saves the day with his receiving and a ST TD.

Jets: W: 24-10. Don't think I need to explain this one....

Hawks at Cardinals: W: 35-30. The Hawks play their starters to keep the fire alive and the second string men finish the deal.

Season Summary: THe Offense doesnt click until the second half of the season. Following a two game losing streak (Boys and Pats) the Hawks catch fire entering the playoffs. Not talking about the SB. No jinxing it.
Record: 13-3; topping the NFC.
And of course, we all know how the playoffs are going down :)

FWBrodie
07-29-2008, 11:09 PM

How so?

All 11 defensive starters return plus way more depth on the line and another year under the belts of the two young corners, Jennings and Wilson. On offense, you can't do worse than Alexander and Pollard last season and everyone on the O-line of '07 after Jones moves down one spot in '08 with the addition of a pro bowl LG in Mike Wahle. Reciever is the one spot that is in question, but Hackett and Branch missed a ton of time last season anyway and Engram and Burleson have improved their stocks on paper as a result.

I'd love to hear your explanation though.

DownSouth49er
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
your team is old...you will finish 8-8 at best, and that's stretching it...because you don't have an offense....no one on your offense at any position is scary....your QB won't be healthy for the entire season because he is aging.....julius jones isn't the jones of '05 & '06....duckett hasn't done much of anything since '03, which is why he's been told to learn the FB position....and morris is nothin more than a backup....and your wideouts are just, BLAH....branch won't be healthy the entire season either....your offense will struggle....what your defense doesn't do to generate points won't get done from the offense...seriously

Magic12ball
07-30-2008, 07:25 PM
We don't have an offense? Your offense is run by Alex Smith. You shouldn't be talking. AND you guys have like two good defensive players.

Our offense will struggle? We replaced a useless running game. Do you even read TC reports at all? Go ahead and read coaches and reporters take on our new WRs and RBs. Please don't try to talk to me about how bad we will be until you atleast know the basics of the team.

Last season we had no RBs, injured WRs, and a failing OL and we still CRUSHED you guys. This season we have a young core of WRs, a much improved (I believe Solari and his new scheme along with Wahle will have a tremendous effect) OL and a comittee of decent running backs. What do you have on O? Don't tell me Mike Martz is going to bring a new 49er era. Seriously.

And why do you care so much about the Seahawks anyways? Your team is bad enough. You should be talking about the 09 draft with the rest of your 49er buddies.

FWBrodie
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
your team is old...you will finish 8-8 at best, and that's stretching it...because you don't have an offense....no one on your offense at any position is scary....your QB won't be healthy for the entire season because he is aging.....julius jones isn't the jones of '05 & '06....duckett hasn't done much of anything since '03, which is why he's been told to learn the FB position....and morris is nothin more than a backup....and your wideouts are just, BLAH....branch won't be healthy the entire season either....your offense will struggle....what your defense doesn't do to generate points won't get done from the offense...seriously

Explain to me how the Seahawk offense would be any worse than last season?

P.S. the 49ers had the 32nd ranked offense in the NFL last season (last place) at an embarassing 237 yards a game, 40 yards per game worse than the 31st ranked offense. Pretty sure Isaac Bruce isn't going to fix that. The Seahawks, in case you were wondering, put up 349 yards per game, which was good for 9th place.

Yeah, but who cares about yards, the points are what matters you might say. Well hilariously enough, the 49ers were also dead last in points per game in the NFL scoring only 13.7 (less than two touchdowns) a game. Ironically the Seahawks were 9th in points per game as well at 24.6.

You should probably focus on the ineptness of the joke of a team "down south" before you criticize a team that is far superior and the clear favorite in the NFC West.

DownSouth49er
07-30-2008, 09:03 PM
last year stats don't count towards the upcoming season if you haven't noticed, lol....your squad offensively is garbage....you have no running game....it wasn't just alexander....morris can't carry the load, duckett is on his way out the league....you guys were the only one desperate enough to sign him....there's a good chance you guys will cut him before the season is over...nate burleson was a bust at wideout, so was branch....before you say it, let me say it for you, "you are not talking about bust, Alex Smith is a bust" lmao...so that kills your comeback right there

here is a age list of the seahawks retirement home members

Bobby Engram 35
Chris Gray 38
Patrick Kerney 31
Matt Hasselbeck 32
Chris Cooper 30
Bryan Gilmore 30
Walter Jones 34
Omare Lowe 30
Olindo Mare 35
Julian Peterson 30
Brian Russell 30
Mike Wahle 31

And you guys have 9 players who are a year away from being 30, including starters deon grant and rocky bernard, and branch is a year from 30 also....that's trouble....can anyone say rebuilding....these guys who are 30 or over, or approaching 30 are starters or 2nd string guys....so basically you'll insert a old guy to replace an injured or ineffective old guy:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yendil
07-30-2008, 09:07 PM
To be the man you have to beat the man..... And the only thing the 49ers have beat as of late are their meat at night. Thank you goodbye we'll see you as the number 3 draft pick next year.

Boozerguy47
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
last year stats don't count towards the upcoming season if you haven't noticed, lol....your squad offensively is garbage....you have no running game....it wasn't just alexander....morris can't carry the load, duckett is on his way out the league....you guys were the only one desperate enough to sign him....there's a good chance you guys will cut him before the season is over...nate burleson was a bust at wideout, so was branch....before you say it, let me say it for you, "you are not talking about bust, Alex Smith is a bust" lmao...so that kills your comeback right there

Bobby Engram 35
Chris Gray 38
Patrick Kerney 31
Matt Hasselbeck 32
Chris Cooper 30
Bryan Gilmore 30
Walter Jones 34
Omare Lowe 30
Olindo Mare 35
Julian Peterson 30
Brian Russell 30
Mike Wahle 31

And you guys have 9 players who are a year away from being 30, including starters deon grant and rocky bernard, and branch is a year from 30 also....that's trouble....can anyone say rebuilding....these guys who are 30 or over, or approaching 30 are starters or 2nd string guys....so basically you'll insert a old guy to replace an injured or ineffective old guy:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stop living in denial and realize your team is going nowhere. If you want go re-watch your Super Bowl wins from back before you were born. I finally figured out why you 9er fans always use the history card, it's because your history is the only thing you can think positively about.

I've tried to stay reasonable with what I post, but after seeing your thoughts over and over it is just ridiculous. Grow up and stop living in the past.

Sure we have some "older" players, but I guarantee you half will still be better at what they do on the field than the 9ers. See the nice thing about the Seahawks is that they keep a nice mix of young and older players. We keep a consistent team on the field. We'll see how "bad" the Hawks are in 5 years.

FWBrodie
07-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Bobby Engram 35
Chris Gray 38
Patrick Kerney 31
Matt Hasselbeck 32
Chris Cooper 30
Bryan Gilmore 30
Walter Jones 34
Omare Lowe 30
Olindo Mare 35
Julian Peterson 30
Brian Russell 30
Mike Wahle 31

can anyone say rebuilding

Some of the 30+ players on the Patriots (starters highlighted, second string not)...

Tom Brady 30
Kevin Faulk 32
Sammy Morris 31
Randy Moss 31
Marcus Pollard 36
Russ Hochstein 30
Stephen Neal 31
Matt Light 30
Tedy Bruschi 35
Adalius Thomas 30
Mike Vrabel 32
Fernando Bryant 31
Lewis Sanders 30
Jason Webster 30
Rodney Harrison 35
Chris Hanson 31

They must be rebuilding too. You're dumb.

DownSouth49er
07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Some of the 30+ players on the Patriots (starters highlighted, second string not)...

Tom Brady 30
Kevin Faulk 32
Sammy Morris 31
Randy Moss 31
Marcus Pollard 36
Russ Hochstein 30
Stephen Neal 31
Matt Light 30
Tedy Bruschi 35
Adalius Thomas 30
Mike Vrabel 32
Fernando Bryant 31
Lewis Sanders 30
Jason Webster 30
Rodney Harrison 35
Chris Hanson 31

They must be rebuilding too. You're dumb.

Actually they will be, along with u guys in 2 years...the difference is that your old players aren't as good as the pats ones are...and you have to factor in that the pats cheat...and when they don't cheat, their aging defense gets exposed, like it did in the superbowl....you feel me?

DownSouth49er
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Stop living in denial and realize your team is going nowhere. If you want go re-watch your Super Bowl wins from back before you were born. I finally figured out why you 9er fans always use the history card, it's because your history is the only thing you can think positively about.

I've tried to stay reasonable with what I post, but after seeing your thoughts over and over it is just ridiculous. Grow up and stop living in the past.

Sure we have some "older" players, but I guarantee you half will still be better at what they do on the field than the 9ers. See the nice thing about the Seahawks is that they keep a nice mix of young and older players. We keep a consistent team on the field. We'll see how "bad" the Hawks are in 5 years.

Atleast when I do go back and watch THEM not IT, if you know what I mean, there will be a happy ending....can't say da same for you guys...by the way I was born in '79, didn't know the 9ers superbowls were before then...I thought they began winning in the 80's...dumbass

FWBrodie
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Actually they will be, along with u guys in 2 years...the difference is that your old players aren't as good as the pats ones are...and you have to factor in that the pats cheat...and when they don't cheat, their aging defense gets exposed, like it did in the superbowl....you feel me?

I can't stand people who make excuses all day long.

The proof is in the pudding, the pudding tastes like NFC West titles in Seattle and it tastes like busts, disappointment, and most off all losing seasons in San Francisco and that's the bottom line.

Yendil
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
just ban the ****** already.................

Magic12ball
07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
I love your argument about youth. You can have your young busts and I will take my 30 year old pro-bowlers. Whatever. Let me guess, next you will explain how the Niner defense will clearly destroy the pathetic seahawk offense. :rolleyes:

Not even worth it anymore... you will be back next summer... and the summer after that... claiming that this year is SF's year. Feel for ya bro!

So... Tell me, besides the obvious Willis and maybe Staley, who is making the Pro-Bowl in SF?

DownSouth49er
07-30-2008, 10:48 PM
I love your argument about youth. You can have your young busts and I will take my 30 year old pro-bowlers. Whatever. Let me guess, next you will explain how the Niner defense will clearly destroy the pathetic seahawk offense. :rolleyes:

Not even worth it anymore... you will be back next summer... and the summer after that... claiming that this year is SF's year. Feel for ya bro!

So... Tell me, besides the obvious Willis and maybe Staley, who is making the Pro-Bowl in SF?

frank gore, andy lee, nate clements....i bet nobody from your old offense makes the pro-bowl...is that a bet?

Magic12ball
07-30-2008, 11:36 PM
You really willing to make that bet? With Walter Jones and Hasselbeck waiting? In some interview, somebody said that Jones played 65% last season. And he STILL made the pro-bowl. With Wahle next to him and time to recover from his injuries, He won't be playing that bad again.

I don't think Frank Gore sniffs the Pro-Bowl this year. Clements is far from a lock. I don't know enough about Lee to speak for him.

You need take off the rose-colored glasses. Seattle's offense, while it is far from as good as the defense, is not THAT bad.

But hey, Ill eat my crow. We play you guys on the fourteenth. We will see how we do.

9erlakesdodgers
07-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Ok Ok thats enough, i said it there and i'll say it here. I believe the San Francisco 49ers will win a superbowl before the Seattle Seahawks. P.S Frank Gore will be a pro bowler.

alexander_37
07-31-2008, 07:50 PM
IF he isnt injured

big if :speechless::speechless::speechless:

Boozerguy47
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM
frank gore, andy lee, nate clements....i bet nobody from your old offense makes the pro-bowl...is that a bet?

Hahaha, I'd take that bet in a second. I wouldn't be surprised if our old wide-out named Engram makes it or Burleson. Hasselbeck and Jones will be there as well (figuring they are healthy).

jbeezy
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Um..... In 3 season Gore has only missed 3 games and 1 the last two years. The last two years Gore has averaged 162.75 yards a game against you guys so I dont see why your fans would be talking smack about him. FWBrodie do you wana do the sig bet thing again? :D

Yendil
07-31-2008, 09:48 PM
seriously what crack are you smoking, 9ers will be another top 10 draft pick while the hawks yet again win the division... the 9ers are last to win the division. St. Louis, and Arizona will win before you do.

Anthony Flores
07-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Yup

9erlakesdodgers
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
beezy you see my point about the responses "what crack are you smoking?"

Yendil
07-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Ill even post it here for you to read.................... I didn't think I would have to spell it out for you but apperantly I do.

Thats because you are on crack if you think you can win the division this year. Alex Smith is garbage, your management doesn't know how to build a team around its best weapon on offense and thats Frank Gore, instead they want to build around a QB (look at Detroit with barry they did the same thing and Frank Gore is no Barry so that makes it even worse). You have no Receivers worth a damn, Bruce is washed up and injury prone, your line is skeptical, Allen is 36 years old. Your defense is mediocre, Clemens is over paid, Willis has inflated stats due to a weak defense and he can't do everything himself the man needs some help. Walt Harris is old and has had 1 good year in his career. So please tell me how in the world are you not on crack to think your team has a shot? If your management was smart they would build an offense around Gore and a defense around Willis. You have alot of improvement to do to be a contender and it starts with an offensive line around Gore and then a new QB and a defensive line and safeties. Heck you guys only have Gore and Willis, you need alot more than that to be a contender. Which is why I also said St. Louis and Arizona will win it before you do, and it actually surprises me Arizona hasn't won it yet.

Boozerguy47
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Willis is solid, but yeah, don't forget his stats are even more inflated because the 9ers' offense is so pathetic and can't stay on the field.

bornFrisco49er
08-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Willis is solid, but yeah, don't forget his stats are even more inflated because the 9ers' offense is so pathetic and can't stay on the field.

ok, and i agree with the pathetic offense last year. Remember! TRENt DILFER took over after bernard(or wuz it darby?) took down alex. and a sorry line besides maybe staley/smiley. but a clear cut 33 tackles over the second dude. thats 2-4 games worth of tackles depending on the player. so about 2 gms for P.Willis. he still would have gotten Def. Rookie of the year.
and remember that pro bowl voting is 1/3 players and 1/3 coaches and 1/3 fans. Other players know how good he is and so do the coaches.

k enuf talk about my team.

IMO and REALISTICALLY! i can see u guys going from 8-8 at worst and 10-6 at best

splitting the two games my niners play u guys as well as splitting with the cardinals. i think they,the cardinals, have some debugging to do but could still surprise. the hawks can most certainly take the division. thats thinking realistically. but i can also see the hawks going 8-8 with u guys maybe having some injury issues. i mean u guys did take the division 2 years ago at 9-7..

w1 Buf=W
w2 Sf=W
w3 Stl=W
w4 BYE
w5 Nyg=L
w6 Gb=W
w7 Tb=W
w8 Sf=L
w9 Phi=W
w10 Mia=W
w11 Ari=W
w12 Was=L
w13 Dal=L
w14 Ne=L
w15 Stl=W
w16 Nyj=W
w17 Ari=L

i feel this is a legit claim. say what u want and i hope u respect my post because i respect all teams, even hawks posts in niner forums and in general.

FWBrodie
08-01-2008, 09:12 AM
FWBrodie do you wana do the sig bet thing again? :D

Let's do it. As soon as one team has locked up a better record than the other, one month of wearing a sig supporting the better team.

jbeezy
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
OK we are on :D Im so excited about this season. Good luck :D

Boozerguy47
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
ok, and i agree with the pathetic offense last year. Remember! TRENt DILFER took over after bernard(or wuz it darby?) took down alex. and a sorry line besides maybe staley/smiley. but a clear cut 33 tackles over the second dude. thats 2-4 games worth of tackles depending on the player. so about 2 gms for P.Willis. he still would have gotten Def. Rookie of the year.
and remember that pro bowl voting is 1/3 players and 1/3 coaches and 1/3 fans. Other players know how good he is and so do the coaches.

k enuf talk about my team.

IMO and REALISTICALLY! i can see u guys going from 8-8 at worst and 10-6 at best

splitting the two games my niners play u guys as well as splitting with the cardinals. i think they,the cardinals, have some debugging to do but could still surprise. the hawks can most certainly take the division. thats thinking realistically. but i can also see the hawks going 8-8 with u guys maybe having some injury issues. i mean u guys did take the division 2 years ago at 9-7..

w1 Buf=W
w2 Sf=W
w3 Stl=W
w4 BYE
w5 Nyg=L
w6 Gb=W
w7 Tb=W
w8 Sf=L
w9 Phi=W
w10 Mia=W
w11 Ari=W
w12 Was=L
w13 Dal=L
w14 Ne=L
w15 Stl=W
w16 Nyj=W
w17 Ari=L

i feel this is a legit claim. say what u want and i hope u respect my post because i respect all teams, even hawks posts in niner forums and in general.

^ Yeah, I'm respecting your post, it's fair enough. I don't necessarily know if we'll lose one against you and the Cards, but I'd bet on us going 4-2 or 5-1 versus the NFC West.

Our first game against Buffalo will be a test and will definitely show us what to expect this year. Over the past few years we have not been nearly as good on the road as at home. If we can beat the Bills in week one then that will be great because maybe this will finally be the year we play solid on the road. Last year when we got to the QB we dominated, when we couldn't get pressure, we stunk. I hope this year we constantly bring the pressure, other wise we'll have to pray Jennings and Trufant improved even more.

bornFrisco49er
08-01-2008, 06:44 PM
^ Yeah, I'm respecting your post, it's fair enough. I don't necessarily know if we'll lose one against you and the Cards, but I'd bet on us going 4-2 or 5-1 versus the NFC West.

Our first game against Buffalo will be a test and will definitely show us what to expect this year. Over the past few years we have not been nearly as good on the road as at home. If we can beat the Bills in week one then that will be great because maybe this will finally be the year we play solid on the road. Last year when we got to the QB we dominated, when we couldn't get pressure, we stunk. I hope this year we constantly bring the pressure, other wise we'll have to pray Jennings and Trufant improved even more.

thats y u guys got JP and kerney. and locked up trufant. u guys have got the tools. its about stayin healthy, executing and being consistent for u guys.

jbeezy
08-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I miss JP :cry: he is beastly. I could imagine him with Patrick Willis and Manny Lawson :drool:

bornFrisco49er
08-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I miss JP :cry: he is beastly. I could imagine him with Patrick Willis and Manny Lawson :drool:

as do i!

Boozerguy47
08-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I love Peterson. Guy is a freak haha.

FWBrodie
08-02-2008, 11:23 AM
OK we are on :D Im so excited about this season. Good luck :D

Thanks, but no luck needed.

9erlakesdodgers
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
julian purposely goes nuts on us, worst. block him vernon!!! somebody. theyll be good games this year boys.

SportsDrip
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't think there is anyway they win more than ten games this year without drastic improvement by the defense on the road. Add that in with an offense that looks weaker than it has in years, 10 wins seems like a more rational number. But if the O-Line steps up so they can actually run the ball this year and the defense performs well on the road this team could win more than ten games. But I think everyone is a little optimistic right now especially with a team that has more questions to answer going into the season than any year in recent memory.

sportsdrip.com

FWBrodie
08-03-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't think there is anyway they win more than ten games this year without drastic improvement by the defense on the road. Add that in with an offense that looks weaker than it has in years, 10 wins seems like a more rational number. But if the O-Line steps up so they can actually run the ball this year and the defense performs well on the road this team could win more than ten games. But I think everyone is a little optimistic right now especially with a team that has more questions to answer going into the season than any year in recent memory.

sportsdrip.com

I bet your website is whack. How can a team with 11 starters returning on defense have "more questions to answer than in recent memory"?

Boozerguy47
08-03-2008, 03:37 AM

sportsdrip.com

Please let me know how our O-Line is weaker when we added a Pro-Bowler to our line? Who wrote this? :confused:

itsontheway.phx
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM

w1 Buf=W
w2 Sf=W
w3 Stl=W
w4 BYE
w5 Nyg=W
w6 Gb=W
w7 Tb=W
w8 Sf=W
w9 Phi=W
w10 Mia=W
w11 Ari=W
w12 Was=L
w13 Dal=W
w14 Ne=W
w15 Stl=W
w16 Nyj=W
w17 Ari=L

how is Seattle so successful with a poor offense? The DEFENSE really comes together and doesn't let anyone score more than 17.

i think hassleback will struggle with a declining front line, and depleted receiving core. the running game won't be any better with jones, although i think duckett will do well on his 3rd down opportunities. i fear a bad year offensively, but look forward to probably the greatest year defensively in seahawks history. the will be one of those year's where the old saying is reinforced........."DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

this man has a high expectation for his squad this year 14 and 2. sorry bro i dont see the seahawks winning more than 8 games. the niners will compete with you for the second spot in the div. and the cardinals take the div. please tell me you havent gone completely mad to the point of seahawk glory.:cool: what you talkin bout willis

alexander_37
08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
says the az fan ......

ninerfan609
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
seriously! 12 wins? maybe 10. hey thats at least giving you credit.

bornFrisco49er
08-05-2008, 05:40 AM
in our division, the hawks might only need 9. it happened two years ago. depends how good the rest of the div is.

Baller1
08-05-2008, 12:19 PM
in our division, the hawks might only need 9. it happened two years ago. depends how good the rest of the div is.

Let's not forget all the injuries we had though...

JBOakley
08-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow another blow to Seattle. Cris Gray retiring that hurts. Guys be honest you know that Seattle will fall flat on thier faces and the Niners will return to where they belong as NFC West Champs. You guys say we have been bringing our divison down. How can you say that when your team was so horrible they kicked you guys out of the Afc west. Face it guys the Red Fog Defense will dominate that weak little offense you guys are gonna have this year. I mean a weak little run game a bunch of overpaid Wrs and a rookie TE seriously THE 49ERS WILL WIN THE WEST THIS YEAR

Baller1
08-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Wow another blow to Seattle. Cris Gray retiring that hurts. Guys be honest you know that Seattle will fall flat on thier faces and the Niners will return to where they belong as NFC West Champs. You guys say we have been bringing our divison down. How can you say that when your team was so horrible they kicked you guys out of the Afc west. Face it guys the Red Fog Defense will dominate that weak little offense you guys are gonna have this year. I mean a weak little run game a bunch of overpaid Wrs and a rookie TE seriously THE 49ERS WILL WIN THE WEST THIS YEAR

Ok San Fran fans, here is the reason why we talk so much. Dumbasses like this... I know it's one fan, but I'm just saying. He's not the only one.

Boozerguy47
08-05-2008, 04:20 PM

Do you realize that Chris Gray wasn't going to start for us this year?

Baller1
08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Off topic...

Brodie, what was the thread you started that got deleted?

bornFrisco49er
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Let's not forget all the injuries we had though...

i know this. which is why i said what i said. u guys could hav injuries and still be able to pull it off. as do other teams in our division. hawks are the most consistent, but we dont really know how well the rest of the division has improved until the season further progresses. we'll see.

ninerfan609
08-05-2008, 07:26 PM
the forty niners were injured last year. the year before we were ok on offense. (with norv) so lets not make excuses about injuries. the only reason why i bring this up is because of boozers signature.

Baller1
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
the forty niners were injured last year. the year before we were ok on offense. (with norv) so lets not make excuses about injuries. the only reason why i bring this up is because of boozers signature.

I only brought up the injuries because we still won the division that season, despite the injuries.

Boozerguy47
08-05-2008, 10:33 PM

Yeah, I understand there were a lot of reasons for ending the season with those stats. I mainly put it up because of one or two people who were frustrating me haha.

ninerfan609
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM
not a problem. ^^ anyway, you guys may think you got the season in the bag, but remember the seahawks have got to show up and play. i think the niners are destined to win the west this year. its going to be a tough division i think, well, i guess if stephen jackson ever shows up to camp, if not, st louis is nothing.

Baller1
08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
not a problem. ^^ anyway, you guys may think you got the season in the bag, but remember the seahawks have got to show up and play. i think the niners are destined to win the west this year. its going to be a tough division i think, well, i guess if stephen jackson ever shows up to camp, if not, st louis is nothing.

He better show up quick or St. Louis is done.

bornFrisco49er
08-06-2008, 09:17 PM
He better show up quick or St. Louis is done.

st. louis would be done. he wants BIG MONEY. im not sure if st. louis wants 2 giv much. all i no is that i hear on going talks that lead to stalemates. whatever. one less weapon on the rams the rest of the division has to worry about.

FWBrodie
08-07-2008, 09:59 PM

You're delusional. San Francisco is by far the worst team in the NFC West, and the only team with zero chance to win the division.

FWBrodie
08-07-2008, 10:08 PM

Absolutely hilarious. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

FWBrodie
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Off topic...

Brodie, what was the thread you started that got deleted?

It was about an article that explains how terrible the 49ers are. The Mods didn't like the title I guess, but the link to the article is in my sig if you wanna read it. It's worth the read. They're really bad and they were miles away from the rest of the NFL last season offensively.

Baller1
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
It was about an article that explains how terrible the 49ers are. The Mods didn't like the title I guess, but the link to the article is in my sig if you wanna read it. It's worth the read. They're really bad and they were miles away from the rest of the NFL last season offensively.

HAHA, alright I'll take a look. Thanks.

Baller1
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Wow, all those facts about how horrible they are, yet the 49er fans still talk... it makes no sense to me.

I'm tempted to put the rest of those pathetic stats in my sig like yours. haha

bornFrisco49er
08-08-2008, 03:44 AM
You're delusional. San Francisco is by far the worst team in the NFC West, and the only team with zero chance to win the division.

i beg to differ and say the rams are the worst. and that they have zero chance to win the division

FWBrodie
08-08-2008, 08:03 PM
[/B]

i beg to differ and say the rams are the worst. and that they have zero chance to win the division

The Rams have a quarterback. I'd say that alone is enough to put them above the 49ers. Also, the Rams have won with a lot of parts from their current team. No one currently in San Francisco has ever had success there.

bornFrisco49er
08-08-2008, 09:58 PM
The Rams have a quarterback. I'd say that alone is enough to put them above the 49ers. Also, the Rams have won with a lot of parts from their current team. No one currently in San Francisco has ever had success there.

the rams had him last year w/ steven jackson and still did worst than we did. we had trent dilfer, C'MON. they lost bruce who is a good route runner and possession reciever used to draw attention away from holt. they lost that and have an injury prone orlando pace. A NECESSITY to that team's o line. If your goin off last year like u have been with ur hawks, my niners, etc, then i think rams are the worst. u know last year was a fluke for us. u know it.

chad311k9
08-09-2008, 01:30 AM
this man has a high expectation for his squad this year 14 and 2. sorry bro i dont see the seahawks winning more than 8 games. the niners will compete with you for the second spot in the div. and the cardinals take the div. please tell me you havent gone completely mad to the point of seahawk glory.:cool: what you talkin bout willis

like i said, the old saying will be reinforced this year, "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!"

i think the seahawks will resemble the 2000 SB champ Ravens. our offense may not put up 35 points in any game this season, but if they put up 18 points or more each game, they will go undefeated. since the defense will not allow more than 17 in any game this season.(not even against the Pats)

Damn The Man
08-09-2008, 01:47 AM
What I wanna know is who the heck is this Bumpus kid? Who do you guys think will come out on top for the WR battle amongst your young wideouts?

Boozerguy47
08-09-2008, 05:15 AM
^ I had not heard much at all of him before today's game. I know Mike is very high on him and likes him a lot. Bumpus has the record for most career catches at Washington State too.

Magic12ball
08-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Bumpus looked good, but I reserve judgement until he can produce consistently.

We have Engram and Burleson to start the season with. That leaves atleast one new WR that will see a ton of PT. My bet is either Taylor or Payne. Both have worked hard and showed tons of talent. Obomanu seems to have hit a bit of a roadblock.

Bumpus doesn't really have a place on the active roster. I bet he spends a year or two on the PS. If he consistently produces there, well, Engram is probably gone soon, one way or another.

FWBrodie
08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
What I wanna know is who the heck is this Bumpus kid? Who do you guys think will come out on top for the WR battle amongst your young wideouts?

He was a four-year starter at WSU. He was offered a scholarship to USC but opted to play in Pullman instead. He's extremely agile (returned punts at WSU) and has very good hands. He is quick, but I wouldn't call him fast. I think he would excel in the slot where he can use his athleticism to create seperation and make tough catches. I could see him as a possible successor to Bobby Engram next season.

Seppuku
08-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Shall I go out on a limb and declare that having Alex Smith as the QB with his stellar backups as a permanent injury? 49ers got beaten by the Steelers to getting a decent backup QB to start for them instead.

ninerfan609
08-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Shall I go out on a limb and declare that having Alex Smith as the QB with his stellar backups as a permanent injury? 49ers got beaten by the Steelers to getting a decent backup QB to start for them instead.

what?! i need a translator...take away at least 3 wins from your passing game.

FWBrodie
08-11-2008, 11:20 PM

Idiot. You realize six weeks puts the Seahawks at their week four bye. Also, they have a guaranteed win against the worst team in the NFC in week 2 and the other games before the bye are against other poor teams (BUF, STL).

bornFrisco49er
08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Idiot. You realize six weeks puts the Seahawks at their week four bye. Also, they have a guaranteed win against the worst team in the NFC in week 2 and the other games before the bye are against other poor teams (BUF, STL).

in all seriousness, do u really think the niners are the WORST team in the NFC? honestly, if u do i accept your opinion, but thats just Bull

bornFrisco49er
08-12-2008, 12:32 AM
detroit lions?falcons? Rams?

Baller1
08-12-2008, 02:57 AM
detroit lions?falcons? Rams?

Falcons yes. But the Rams and the Lions are better teams than the 49ers.

bornFrisco49er
08-12-2008, 05:40 AM

man..your pathetic..whatever thats your opinion..the rams lost more games than we did, lost a sure handed veteran receiver, have a weaker o line, have an ok secondary/lb core, and have a disgruntled running back..

Lions lost an rb, hav a below average line, lost an asset to their d-line in shaun rogers, lost the brain of their passing game in mike martz

niners have weaknesses and their biggest is at qb, but that alone does not make them weaker than some teams..now i cant wait till we play u guys in week 2 just 2 see how good a game it could be..IMO i dont think it will be as dominating as a game you think it will be..

bornFrisco49er
08-12-2008, 05:41 AM

Well that doesnt make us the worst in the NFC then

bornFrisco49er
08-12-2008, 05:45 AM
nd i know theyve(Rams) won with their team right now, but they've lost some key players recently/past years..orlando pace is injury prone, steven jack isnt reporting to practice. they could have an off year, like last year and year before.

Baller1
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
man..your pathetic..whatever thats your opinion..the rams lost more games than we did, lost a sure handed veteran receiver, have a weaker o line, have an ok secondary/lb core, and have a disgruntled running back..

Lions lost an rb, hav a below average line, lost an asset to their d-line in shaun rogers, lost the brain of their passing game in mike martz

niners have weaknesses and their biggest is at qb, but that alone does not make them weaker than some teams..now i cant wait till we play u guys in week 2 just 2 see how good a game it could be..IMO i dont think it will be as dominating as a game you think it will be..

The Rams have Marc Bulger, Stephen Jackson, and Trry Holt. Those three alone dominate anything the 49ers have on offense, so I really don't see your arguement here.

Baller1
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Well that doesnt make us the worst in the NFC then

I didn't say you were. 2nd worst isn't anything to be proud of... well I atleast don't think so. Maybe that's just me.

Boozerguy47
08-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't see how any NFL fan would say the Lions are worse than the 9ers. The Lions started off great last year and had a chance at the playoffs. They have at least a some-what consistant QB and some solid WRs.

alexander_37
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
when your trying to argue your are the 3rd or 4th worst .... thats nothing to write home about

DownSouth49er
08-13-2008, 12:07 AM
when your trying to argue your are the 3rd or 4th worst .... thats nothing to write home about

what the hell are you attempting to say...english please....:horse:

Boozerguy47
08-13-2008, 01:52 AM
^ That was english. He was answering to my first sentence in the post before his. "Nothing to write home about" basically means that isn't any real legit reason. I can't describe it haha.

bornFrisco49er
08-13-2008, 03:58 AM

im trying to defend my team because u guys say we are the worst in the nfc..and whats bulger holt and steven jack useful for if their line may have issues..s.jackson may holdout for a while..the niners played them last year beat em once lost once and the second game we had trent dilfer i believe..honestly, trent dilfer? our rt gone. im standing up for my team no matter how many issues they have and only because u guys talk so much ******* about them..

Boozerguy47
08-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Not trying to "bash" your team here, but I definitely think you have to consider the division we play in too. Whether the Hawks, Cards, Rams or 9ers were in a different division, that team's number of wins would go down when compared to playing the majority of the games aginst NFC West teams...

I agree with you that the Rams might be worse than the 9ers if Jackson does hold out. So if he holds out I'd say Falcons are worst team in the NFC, followed by the 9ers and Rams (really close). But I'd still have to say I'd think the Rams have a better chance of beating us than the 9ers, due to the experience factor. When you factor in the team's future though, the 9ers definitely have the edge over both of those teams because they're so young.

bornFrisco49er
08-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Not trying to "bash" your team here, but I definitely think you have to consider the division we play in too. Whether the Hawks, Cards, Rams or 9ers were in a different division, that team's number of wins would go down when compared to playing the majority of the games aginst NFC West teams...

I agree with you that the Rams might be worse than the 9ers if Jackson does hold out. So if he holds out I'd say Falcons are worst team in the NFC, followed by the 9ers and Rams (really close). But I'd still have to say I'd think the Rams have a better chance of beating us than the 9ers, due to the experience factor. When you factor in the team's future though, the 9ers definitely have the edge over both of those teams because they're so young.

i know ur not bashing nd i respect it..i know the nfc west isnt that good.ive said before and ill say it again..i respect all of the hawk fans' opinions..because most of it is based on logical and respectable statistics from last year..im not a guy 2 talk trash, but id be damn happy if we "upset" u guys in seattle..who knows really? i just cant wait till the season starts, so ill really know how bad, good, or optimistic the situation is with my team

Seppuku
08-13-2008, 12:04 PM

Translation: 49ers QBs are so bad that they should have picked up Leftwich to be their new starter. He is a backup on most teams (the Steelers picked him up to replace their injured backup QB) but would be a star compared to the garbage you have in SanFran. Declare the QB postion a disaster area, demolish it and move on.