PDA

View Full Version : I don't like Rance Mullinicks

boilerguy2412
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
I hate watching a jays game when he does colour. Does anybody know where Pat Tabler goes. I hate Darrin Fletcher even more. Why can't they just get tabby all the time. Tabler always has good info to give out and is right most of the time. Mullinicks just doen't know some of the answers to a feel questions. Campbell asks him some questions and it takes him forever to answer prolly because the stats guy has to tell him what to say

jayfantilldeath
06-02-2008, 02:06 PM
"My advice is that you go up there, pick a side of the plate and look for your pitch and sit on that." I think I heard him say that about every single Jays batter during this 6 game west coast trip.

Mile High Champ
06-02-2008, 02:16 PM
yeah he is alright.. My problem though with jays broadcatser lies only with Mike Wilner.. Thats it.

I do miss schulman and martinez!.

Halladay
06-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Mulliniks is a moron. He doesn't seem to understand that sometimes you don't need to "finish that thought". There's times when I actually want to watch the friggin game, there's times where someone hits a homerun and he'll cutoff Jamie Campbell to "finish his thought". It's like yeah okay Rance, we get it, the pitcher went outside with his last pitch on a curveball now he'll go inside with a fastball. The guys a broken record and even though I don't like JC either, I think if Rance wasn't around I could definitely tolerate JC more.

BlueLeafs
06-02-2008, 04:09 PM
How the **** did he get a job? That what I'm wondering lol.

jayfantilldeath
06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Thank goodness he usually only does the west coast stuff

tuck25
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
How the **** did he get a job? That what I'm wondering lol.

Thats my question, what are the prerequisites for that job ?? Or can just any idiot apply. :confused:

MikeSirotka
06-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't like Jamie Campbell.

JAYZFAN9
06-02-2008, 05:43 PM
At least Rance is a former ball player, unlike Jamie ( who probably has never played a sport in his life)

Rance is a broken record at times, but I find his baseball knowledge impressive compared to a lot of scrubs out there

bomber0104
06-02-2008, 06:32 PM
"My advice is that you go up there, pick a side of the plate and look for your pitch and sit on that." I think I heard him say that about every single Jays batter during this 6 game west coast trip.

Exactly what i'm thinking. Also, him explaining how some certain hitters have a pitcher's number.

JAYZFAN9
06-02-2008, 06:37 PM

lol perfect

2009mvp
06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Rance Muliniks doesn't like you.

JAYZFAN9
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
^ haha good one

DiehardJaysFan
06-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't like how it takes him 5 minutes to say one sentence. Just spit it out already

JetLi
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
My gf hates both of them as well, she says that they have something to say about everything and think they know everything and it makes the game mindless listening to them blabbing on and on and on.... I just laugh...at least she's willing to watch with me!

frostilicus
06-03-2008, 12:55 AM
It could be worse... imagine having to listen to Joe Morgan and John Miller more than once a week. Those guys are embarassingly bad!

R. Johnson#3
06-03-2008, 01:37 AM
I barely ever am home to watch the games anymore so I end up listening to them on the radio. But when I watch them I normally mute the TV and just listen to music.

2009mvp
06-03-2008, 09:22 AM
You know what really pisses me off about Sportsnet broadcasts, (besides JC of course) those stupid 15 or 20 second Autotrader ads between batters. I've never in my entire life seen a baseball broadcast that shows a commercial between hitters without a pitching change, injury, etc etc.

matt2727
06-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Actually last time I heard Rance do a game...I thought he brought up some really valid points and good insight. as a baseball player it made sense to me.

Jamie Campbell on the other hand..im sorry, but i cant stand him.

Canadian hemi
06-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I like him aswell!!! I like his voice aswell. I don't mind Rance at all!!! He's good

Big Hurt
06-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Cambell was good on the 10:00 sports desk.

He is too nerdy to listen to for 3 hours.
I like all of the colour guys. It is nice having them change.
Tabler is my favorite of that bunch.

Love Wilner on post-game as well.

Dan Shulman come home baby!!!

pacman16
06-03-2008, 12:47 PM
its sad when people have nothing better to do then trash an announcer over everything... who cares if you dont like him. i dont like pop at the stadium i think i should make a thread lol

tuck25
06-03-2008, 02:26 PM
You know what really pisses me off about Sportsnet broadcasts, (besides JC of course) those stupid 15 or 20 second Autotrader ads between batters. I've never in my entire life seen a baseball broadcast that shows a commercial between hitters without a pitching change, injury, etc etc.

I agree, i hate those ****ing commercials too. Wait for the inning to be over for christ sakes.:mad:

North Yorker
06-03-2008, 02:30 PM
The best duo has to be Rod Blck and Tabler...

tuck25
06-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Well i don't really hate Rance, but his comments are questionable most of the time. The mono tone voice and repetitiveness is starting to get to me, but he only does West Coast so it's not that bad i guess. Now if he was full time, i wouldn't be able to handle it.

Kbowes9
06-03-2008, 03:52 PM
It could be worse... imagine having to listen to Joe Morgan and John Miller more than once a week. Those guys are embarassingly bad!

I agree. I can't say I have any major problem with Mulliniks. Obviously he and JC are no Chevy and Kubec, but how many good duos exist out there?

I've been COMPLETELY turned off Morgan ever since he basically condoned ARODS bush league play against Howie Clark last year. Saying that he often saw that sort of play in his era seemed like his typical 'kiss the superstar's ***' garbage to me. Hearing Ashby saying he never saw that earned Alan some props in my book.

H-MYK
06-03-2008, 08:02 PM

I agree. Those ads are really annoying. People watch the game to cheer for their respective teams, not watch a stupid repetitive commercial for the millionth time.

nithanyo
06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
if you can talk and you played little leauge ball you can commentate for the jays apparently

nithanyo
06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
you know what pissess me about Canada. Hockey making top 3 headlines in sports.... in JUNE!!!!

Halladay
06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
its sad when people have nothing better to do then trash an announcer over everything... who cares if you dont like him. i dont like pop at the stadium i think i should make a thread lol

It's even more sad that you took the time to say that. If you don't likt the pop then make a thread about it;)

SpiderSilva
06-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I miss Buck Martinez. I love Mike Wilner - I would rather have him than JC. All time goes to Cheek and Howarth.

H-MYK
06-04-2008, 08:11 PM
you know what pissess me about Canada. Hockey making top 3 headlines in sports.... in JUNE!!!!

Hockey's a Canadian sport. What can you expect?

JaysFan87
06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Thats my question, what are the prerequisites for that job ?? Or can just any idiot apply. :confused:

Hey theres hope for you too!!!!!!!!!! lol

Kidding....to easy to pass up though....lol

subaltern
06-04-2008, 09:20 PM
At least Rance is a former ball player, unlike Jamie ( who probably has never played a sport in his life)

Rance is a broken record at times, but I find his baseball knowledge impressive compared to a lot of scrubs out there

I didn't like Jamie at first either, but I am coming around. I don't think you want a player doing the mundane play-by-play stuff. Leave that to professional broadcasters. For the record: I think Jim Hughson was the best Blue Jays broadcaster but his first love is hockey.

I have to agree that Rance is a broken record, but I really dig how he puts you in the mind of the hitter. I think it's much more engaging to hear pitch strategy, situational hitting approaches than talking about what the hit needs to do. Yes he is wrong sometimes, but so are the players that strike out on that 3-2 breaking ball in the dirt. I think Rance is quality and as he 'seasons' as a colour man he will open up the repertoire.

Also, for the record. I like the three colour men. Darrin Fletcher is hilarious, Rance is a little boring but informative and we always win when Pat Tabler is doing the games (or so it seems). Someone should get the stats on the winningest colour man and let's go with him through the playoffs!) ;)

con_artist
06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
At least hes not as bad as Jamie

tuck25
06-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey theres hope for you too!!!!!!!!!! lol

Kidding....to easy to pass up though....lol

:laugh: HA HA, your funny. But your right there is hope, i can do a better job then that, i think, and you too. It's the same in hockey with all these EXPERTS they get called, 90% are idiots.

It's like right now, Tabler and Campbell are wondering why there was no in field fly called, well pinheads there is now runner at 2nd. Hence the the rule of runners at on at least 1st and 2nd with less then 2 out in fair ground DOES NOT APPLY, and Tabler played the game as catcher. WOW

folksong
07-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Blue Jays broadcast-but-not-Rance fans:
There is a new online petition to fire Rance Mulliniks.
Please take a look at: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/firerance and get the petition started with your signature.

a_roid_3333
07-21-2008, 03:25 PM
hed be easier to tolerate if the jays were winning

jayfantilldeath
08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
This quote taken directly from Jamie Campbell's mouth

"Campbell, who is in his fourth year doing play-by-play. He'll call 100 games for the network, a large chunk of the team's 162 game schedule. "You have to be very careful with how much you stray off topic during a ballgame. Because if it's a scoreless game and the Blue Jays have a couple of runners on, and we're talking about something that does not impact what's happening, you can really irritate viewers."

T.O.Bombinators
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
quick question..am i the only one who liked faulds and cerutti(RIP)...but then again i was muich younger when they were on

Kbowes9
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
quick question..am i the only one who liked faulds and cerutti(RIP)...but then again i was muich younger when they were on

You're not. I didn't think Faulds was much but I did feel that Cerutti was really developing into a good color guy. He was becoming more "no nonsense" and "call it as he sees it".

Gone too soon.

hammadahmed88
08-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I hate the TV guys, regardless of who it is. They ought to realize that Jamie Campbell is a hockey guy, just like most of the guys who work for sportsnet (hockynet) excluding a few, not to mention the fact that he's pretty bad at broadcasting. PLEASE PUT JERRY HOWARTH AND ALAN ASHBY ON TV.