PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez

Hustla23
05-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry, I dunno if a thread was made on this guy or not. But how would you guys feel if Brook dropped to 6th and we took him? I personally don't see anything special with him but he's definitely a quality big.
Would he be effective in our lineup? Could he possibly be the next Tim Duncan?

PC
05-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Def not the next Tim Duncan. Problem with him is he has no ceiling. He's NBA ready though

29$JerZ
05-31-2008, 12:00 PM
To Me He is more of a WHAT You See Is what you Get For his entire career. He won't have a high ceiling but he will be a serviceable player for a good amount of years. But we don't need that, we need a star

edmvr6
05-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Speaking of lukewarm impressions, Brook Lopez didnít do a whole lot to ease the concerns NBA people have about him, not moving all that well up and down the floor and showing a very average skill-level in most of the drills.

That's what came out of day 4 in draft camp, im not to crazy about Lopez, i dont think hell be an impact player in the NBA

Knicks2009
05-31-2008, 03:35 PM
hell no, brook lopez is going to drop to the bobcats watch

OldSchool
05-31-2008, 06:36 PM
I saw him play a few games this year and he didnt impress me much. I dont think there are too many quality(franchise) big men in this years draft.

Knicks2009
05-31-2008, 08:59 PM
I smell Eric Chenowith

PJAF
06-02-2008, 09:29 AM
To Me He is more of a WHAT You See Is what you Get For his entire career. He won't have a high ceiling but he will be a serviceable player for a good amount of years. But we don't need that, we need a star

There are no stars in this year's college draft. Some good players but they will be so-so's in the Nba. Especially Beasley and Mayo. They are over hyped. Rose may do well after some time in the NBA but not right away and a "star" I'm not sure.

nOseviLraW
06-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I don't think overhyped. I belive Mayo is the best NBA ready player

nOseviLraW
06-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I smell Eric Chenowith

I found an understudy. If you stop praising gallanari, then I can work with you. I love the sense of humor, reminds me of myself. Stop bashing isiah too. What do you say?

SLY WILLIAMS
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Sorry, I dunno if a thread was made on this guy or not. But how would you guys feel if Brook dropped to 6th and we took him? I personally don't see anything special with him but he's definitely a quality big.
Would he be effective in our lineup? Could he possibly be the next Tim Duncan?

I havent seen him much but what I have seen I havent been overly impressed. Looks like a poor mans Channing Frye in some clips. I dont think we will see another Tim Duncan for a while (there has only been 1 in 60 years) but I can say for sure this kid is not a Tim Duncan.

nOseviLraW
06-02-2008, 11:27 AM
brook lopez reminds me of jamal Magloire. I think he's going to drop. Bobcats might pick him up but if they don't I can see him dropping out of the top ten

Hustla23
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
i hope this guy lopez really works his butt off and stops playing like a loser and having his stock drop . I really want minny to draft em .

GiantYankKnicks
06-02-2008, 07:12 PM
He's Olawakandi 2.0 hes gonna be a Major Bust in the NBA

SAVETHEKNICKS1
06-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Lopez is doody and doesnt even deserve a thread to talk about him

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I can agree, he's a bit of a stretch for what the team needs, but outside of Beasly, Rose, Mayo, Bayless. Who's there. Augustin and Gallinari don't remind me of anything to be excited about. Randolph, Love, Jordan?

still a fan
02-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Lopez is doody and doesnt even deserve a thread to talk about him

Anyone acting as a Monday morning quarterback and now says we should have taken Lopez, Well these were the comments back then in our very own forum.

So get off Gallo's case and give it time.

By the way the majority of the old posts has everyone going crazy for the rumor of trading Lee, Malik's expiring, Balk, future 1st round pick for the #3 pick.

That today equates to Lee+ Wilcox +2009 2nd round pick + losing a 2012 1st round pick and getting Mayo.

I believe it was MTL who wanted Gallo in the draft according to an old thread, he was the only one I saw who wanted him as their first choice.

YankeeFanAlways
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Anyone acting as a Monday morning quarterback and now says we should have taken Lopez, Well these were the comments back then in our very own forum.

So get off Gallo's case and give it time.

By the way the majority of the old posts has everyone going crazy for the rumor of trading Lee, Malik's expiring, Balk, future 1st round pick for the #3 pick.

That today equates to Lee+ Wilcox +2009 2nd round pick + losing a 2012 1st round pick and getting Mayo.

I believe it was MTL who wanted Gallo in the draft according to an old thread, he was the only one I saw who wanted him as their first choice.

WOW, what a memory! :eyebrow:

You are correct in that is an awful lot to give up for one player. But, I'd still rather have Mayo.

xabial
02-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Edit: ow we're talking about brook not his brother Robin. Sorry
So far he seems good, with better stats than Gallo

SLY WILLIAMS
02-21-2009, 09:46 PM
The Lopez kid is having a very solid rookie year at 12.6ppg-8.1rpg in almost 30 minutes per game.

Give Gallo 30 minutes a game WHEN HEALTHY and I bet you he will put up as good or probably better stats.

The Mecca
02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Lopez is pretty decent, but as was mentioned, he's an NBA ready player. I don't think his ceiling is much higher than what were currently seeing from him.

The Mecca
02-21-2009, 10:11 PM
The Lopez kid is having a very solid rookie year at 12.6ppg-8.1rpg in almost 30 minutes per game.

Give Gallo 30 minutes a game WHEN HEALTHY and I bet you he will put up as good or probably better stats.

:clap::clap: Oh how I would love to see the Rooster for 30+ a game. Give him a chance to shut up his doubters.

strahan92osi72
02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Like everyone said Lopez has no ceiling. Tim Duncan? Not a chance. We didn't need Brook Lopez. We already have the more talented version of Brook Lopez in David Lee. Those two are very similar players, just that David is better.