PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Trade Ideas Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Bob_at_york
05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Some people would like this to stay realistic, so please try your best!

ink
05-26-2008, 03:40 PM
To copy and paste, here's the link to the old Trade Ideas thread - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204938

This way you can find the old trade ideas.

DaoudS
05-26-2008, 03:43 PM
the miami cheerleading squad for the raptors, with the raptors sending bargniani to the heat as a throw in

JermanJaysFan
05-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Some people would like this to stay realistic, so please try your best!

the miami cheerleading squad for the raptors, with the raptors sending bargniani to the heat as a throw in

Wow...two posts in...:pity:

nads83
05-26-2008, 03:48 PM

lol

Mile High Champ
05-26-2008, 03:50 PM
lol

Ill talk to my friend about if she would be interested in dancing in miami.. haha

nads83
05-26-2008, 03:53 PM
d.lee and Q-rich for ford and humphries

then

Q-rich and 2nd rd pick for varejao (Q-rich is a good 3pt shooter and does a bit of everything. rebounds, defends, runs the floor, posts up, good finisher) clev is stacked and varejao is expendable to them

then

rasho, 17th pick and 09 second rd pick for m.miller (this one might need tweaking)

calderon/ukic
kapono/delfino
m.miller/moon
bosh/lee
varejao/bargnani

JermanJaysFan
05-26-2008, 03:55 PM

then

Q-rich and 2nd rd pick for varejao

then

rasho, 17th pick and 09 second rd pick for m.miller

calderon/ukic
kapono/delfino
m.miller/moon
bosh/lee
varejao/bargnani
I think aquiring Lee and Varejao is somewhat redundant. I don't know why Cleveland wants Q-Rich to play behind Lebron, especially when Varejao is such a big part of their front court. Also- where did AP go?

DaoudS
05-26-2008, 03:58 PM
i can see the knicks taking ford, because he'd fit in with the new coach's style, but i am sure they'd want to include some bad contracts in return.

nads83
05-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I think aquiring Lee and Varejao is somewhat redundant. I don't know why Cleveland wants Q-Rich to play behind Lebron, especially when Varejao is such a big part of their front court. Also- where did AP go?

i can see why having lee and varejao both may seem redundant but i dont think u can have too many hustle guys who rebound very well. cleveland needs a scorer with lebron more then they need another big.

nads83
05-26-2008, 04:02 PM
i can see the knicks taking ford, because he'd fit in with the new coach's style, but i am sure they'd want to include some bad contracts in return.

Q-rich IS that contract

DaoudS
05-26-2008, 04:09 PM
ok and do you really want to do q rich for ford? i dont think thats enough for the #6 pick

nads83
05-26-2008, 04:12 PM
ok and do you really want to do q rich for ford? i dont think thats enough for the #6 pick

the trade is actually for lee

Bob_at_york
05-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I like it but I am unsure if the Knicks would trade David Lee to us. I have never been a fan of Q but I am afraid that BC is and if he trades for him then he will keep him.

nads83
05-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I like it but I am unsure if the Knicks would trade David Lee to us. I have never been a fan of Q but I am afraid that BC is and if he trades for him then he will keep him.

dantoni is gonna do what it takes to get a good pg in there. i think he would part with lee in order to obtain that. and even if we keep q-rich whom i loved before knicks effed up his game...its a serious upgrade if he returns to his phx and clips form

JermanJaysFan
05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
dantoni is gonna do what it takes to get a good pg in there. i think he would part with lee in order to obtain that. and even if we keep q-rich whom i loved before knicks effed up his game...its a serious upgrade if he returns to his phx and clips form

Exactly. He has struggled with injuries his whole time in NY- he was trash this year. He put up 13 and 7 in '06/'07 tho, which could be useful to this team. He has always shot an atrocious percentage from the field though, so that could be an issue.

AudinoRaps
05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
For those of you who have been following these Raptors threads for a while know that I am a big fan of Golden State's Andris Biedrins. But now I have a new wrinkle to follow up with a deal.

Golden State recieves:
TJ Ford
Joey Graham

Toronto recieves:
Andris Biedrins (S&T $7M/4 years)

Then they can do something like this:

Cleveland recieves:
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon
2009 2nd round pick

Toronto recieves:
Delonte West

The Cavaliers get a nice bench player in Moon to play the 3. They also get a legit 2/3 option who can catch and shoot and help spread the floor.

The Raptors rotation would look like this (obviously I am entering who they should then draft at #14 and #19):

C: Biedrins/Bargnani/Rasho
PF: Bosh/Bargnani/Greene
SF:Kapono/Budinger/Greene
SG:Delfino/West/Budinger
PG: Calderon/West/Ukic

I realize that this takes away the second leading scorer on the team, Parker, and the electricity of Ford. However, West can fill it up quick, and maybe Bargs can get his head on straight coming off the bench and still getting minutes. Biedrins would solve the interior defense and reboundinf woes. if Bargs turned it around, he could play the 3. Greene and Budinger are very good athletes on a team needing them, and Delfino has a mean streak and is a good rebounder, defender and passer. I believe he could be that 13 ppg scorer that Parker is.

nads83
05-26-2008, 04:24 PM
For those of you who have been following these Raptors threads for a while know that I am a big fan of Golden State's Andris Biedrins. But now I have a new wrinkle to follow up with a deal.

Golden State recieves:
TJ Ford
Joey Graham

Toronto recieves:
Andris Biedrins (S&T $7M/4 years)

Then they can do something like this:

Cleveland recieves:
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon
2009 2nd round pick

Toronto recieves:
Delonte West

The Cavaliers get a nice bench player in Moon to play the 3. They also get a legit 2/3 option who can catch and shoot and help spread the floor.

The Raptors rotation would look like this (obviously I am entering who they should then draft at #14 and #19):

C: Biedrins/Bargnani/Rasho
PF: Bosh/Bargnani/Greene
SF:Kapono/Budinger/Greene
SG:Delfino/West/Budinger
PG: Calderon/West/Ukic

I realize that this takes away the second leading scorer on the team, Parker, and the electricity of Ford. However, West can fill it up quick, and maybe Bargs can get his head on straight coming off the bench and still getting minutes. Biedrins would solve the interior defense and reboundinf woes. if Bargs turned it around, he could play the 3. Greene and Budinger are very good athletes on a team needing them, and Delfino has a mean streak and is a good rebounder, defender and passer. I believe he could be that 13 ppg scorer that Parker is.

simply put. gsw isnt trading Beeds

DaoudS
05-26-2008, 04:27 PM
i dont think that will happen because they have ellis and davis

Bob_at_york
05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
You thought he was good before the Knicks? The guy was a chucker then and he is a chucker now. One thing I like about him is that he is a fine rebounder from the SF position.

Bob_at_york
05-26-2008, 04:32 PM
simply put. gsw isnt trading Beeds

also what are the Cavs suppose to do with Moon, Parker, Wally, Sasha AND Lebron on the wings? The trade makes no sense.

nads83
05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
You thought he was good before the Knicks? The guy was a chucker then and he is a chucker now. One thing I like about him is that he is a fine rebounder from the SF position.

i wudnt say chucker bob. he took more 3's then he should have but he was always a good finisher on breaks and attacked the rim alot. in phx and ny he strayed from his game. in phx he jus stood behind the 3pt line and shot 3's, which was his role and in NY...well in NY if you passed you wernt getting it back.

nads83
05-26-2008, 04:39 PM
also what are the Cavs suppose to do with Moon, Parker, Wally, Sasha AND Lebron on the wings? The trade makes no sense.

as soon as he said Beeds i knew it wasnt worth reading the rest. too much potential and their only "low post" player. beeds wud be great but he along with ellis are as untouchable as they get on gsw

AudinoRaps
05-26-2008, 04:46 PM
idk if he would be untouchable, especially considering the problems that Baron Davis is having with his contract. Obviously the Warriors like him, but they also played Al Harrington at C alot and Nelson really likes how Brandan Wright played. i believe ellis is untouchable, and would prefer to keep him off the ball. I do think with their young wing players having signed or about to sign contracts, they do not have a ton of room to re-sign biedrins to a big deal or ellis, who may command around 11 mil a year.

as for the cavs, my mistake as they do have alot on the wings already. however, they seem to be crowded everyone. what else would they be looking for except for a pure distributing pg?

Bob_at_york
05-26-2008, 04:48 PM
i wudnt say chucker bob. he took more 3's then he should have but he was always a good finisher on breaks and attacked the rim alot. in phx and ny he strayed from his game. in phx he jus stood behind the 3pt line and shot 3's, which was his role and in NY...well in NY if you passed you wernt getting it back.

his career FG% is under 40%. He shoot under 40% five of his 8 seasons in the league.

JermanJaysFan
05-26-2008, 04:50 PM
idk if he would be untouchable, especially considering the problems that Baron Davis is having with his contract. Obviously the Warriors like him, but they also played Al Harrington at C alot and Nelson really likes how Brandan Wright played. i believe ellis is untouchable, and would prefer to keep him off the ball. I do think with their young wing players having signed or about to sign contracts, they do not have a ton of room to re-sign biedrins to a big deal or ellis, who may command around 11 mil a year.

as for the cavs, my mistake as they do have alot on the wings already. however, they seem to be crowded everyone. what else would they be looking for except for a pure distributing pg?

They need someone to run the offense from the point, and a secondary scorer to take some load off Lebron. That can come as seperate pieces- a passing PG as well as a secondary scorer to go with Lebron, probably a big man. Big Z is good, but I am sure they would love to add a more proficient scoring PF.

Bob_at_york
05-26-2008, 04:55 PM
They would probably want to trade some of that depth for upgrades but at the same time some of those players are brittle and old so they might want to keep the depth in case of injuries.

raptors wiseguy
05-26-2008, 05:17 PM

i dont think any team wud want only al harrington and Wright as their only bigs... and they can resign biedrins and ellis to as big a contract as they want they are both restricted free agents and can resign with their own team even if it puts them over the salary cap

cdnsportsfan
05-26-2008, 05:38 PM
I'd LOVE to see Al Jefferson show up, maybe for a couple players and a draft pick? I'm not sure how that'd work though, whether the TWolves would do a sign and trade or not that'd be more costly, which is why I'm saying it may take a couple players and a draft pick as well

Anyways, here's something that might be interesting...?

With all this talk of the Cavs, this article here says that Varejo wants out - they need a PG, we have 2, could this work out? Would we want Varejo? He certainly fits in with the foreign nature of this current squad

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3128446

B2B
05-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Some people think my ideas r off the wall but in negotiating you must always ask for more than fair value. Anyone who has ever negotiated knows that if you don't raise the bar to start you will never get a steal or bargain. If you start in negotiations by asking for fair value you've already limited what you will get in return.

WntAbCEO
05-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Do you guys want to trade TJ Ford to the Pacers but for who? (not including Dunleavy,O'neal,Granger)

raptors wiseguy
05-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Do you guys want to trade TJ Ford to the Pacers but for who? (not including Dunleavy,O'neal,Granger)

lol... thats funny because those are the only 3 players i would want

JermanJaysFan
05-26-2008, 08:19 PM
lol... thats funny because those are the only 3 players i would want

Exactly- I am not sure I would even want O'Neal so much. Hes really fallen off and is a real injury concern, even moreso if we played him at the 5.

nads83
05-26-2008, 08:23 PM
to be honest i wud only want granger

nads83
05-26-2008, 08:34 PM
i still like this one...

ford
delfino
2nd rd pick

for

outlaw
jack or blake

(draft r.lopez)

then

rasho
1st rd pick 09

for

mags

calderon/jack
mags/kapono
outlaw/moon
bosh/hump
bargs/lopez

WntAbCEO
05-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Would you trade your #17 pick and Salary for the Pacers Travis Dinier and Shawne Williams?

JermanJaysFan
05-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Would you trade your #17 pick and Salary for the Pacers Travis Dinier and Shawne Williams?

Nope.

raptors wiseguy
05-26-2008, 10:45 PM
i still like this one...

ford
delfino
2nd rd pick

for

outlaw
jack or blake

(draft r.lopez)

then

rasho
1st rd pick 09

for

mags

calderon/jack
mags/kapono
outlaw/moon
bosh/hump
bargs/lopez

i think the price tag will be a little bit higher for mags

rasho
'09 first rounder
AP/garbo

for

maggete

IversonIsKrazy
05-26-2008, 10:49 PM
this would actually help the raptors 2 b a contender, and help the point guard critisism thats goin on.

Toronto Gets:
Allen Iverson
Marcus Camby

Nuggets Gets:
Andrea Bargnani
George Garbajosa
Rasho Nesterovick
Carlos Delfino
2010 First Rounder

star
05-26-2008, 11:07 PM
I dont get the trade?
And how does it help the controversy? we would still have ford and jose

and the trade doesnt make sense

mpickup
05-27-2008, 07:38 AM

Although the Pacers wouldn't do it, I would love to see Shawne Williams in a Raptor uniform...I also love watching Jeff Foster play...he would come in as the best rebounder on the team!
Also, Marquis Daniels...didn't have a great year last year, but showed some great things with Dallas the year before.

Overall Indiana could be agreat trade partner.

mpickup
05-27-2008, 07:43 AM
i still like this one...

ford
delfino
2nd rd pick

for

outlaw
jack or blake

(draft r.lopez)

then

rasho
1st rd pick 09

for

mags

calderon/jack
mags/kapono
outlaw/moon
bosh/hump
bargs/lopez

I like the basics of the first trade.....Ford for Outlaw and a backup PG. The Blazers wouldn't want Delfino....B-Roy and trying to bring over Rudy Fernandes...Jones, Webster....they don't need a SG/SF.

T.J. straight for Outlaw & Blake? Maybe I am over valuing TJ, but I dont think so.

Mile High Champ
05-27-2008, 09:14 AM

I am also a huge pacers fan and have brought this to the board. My concern as a pacers fan is that Indiana already has an often injured pg in Tinsley and to bring on another pg with an 8 million dollar price tag for 3 more seaons just does not make sense. O'neal would have to be traded to get a deal done anyway for ford.

Bob_at_york
05-27-2008, 10:28 AM

Well if you are going to limit us then I would trader you TJ for Shawne, Foster and I would also want to swap picks, our #17 for your lottery pick.

Mile High Champ
05-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Well if you are going to limit us then I would trader you TJ for Shawne, Foster and I would also want to swap picks, our #17 for your lottery pick.

IF im Indiana, I dont do that trade.

Bob_at_york
05-27-2008, 11:10 AM
IF im Indiana, I dont do that trade.
That is interesting, before you were saying we weren't getting enough value but when I throw in the swapping of picks you suddenly think it unfair in the other direction. I think this means I am getting close to a new suggestion between the two teams.

Mile High Champ
05-27-2008, 11:50 AM
That is interesting, before you were saying we weren't getting enough value but when I throw in the swapping of picks you suddenly think it unfair in the other direction. I think this means I am getting close to a new suggestion between the two teams.

Its not that we dont get enough value, its the fact that pacers have no need for ford right now. They are rebuilding and want to cut salary, not take on more with ford. They already have a pg who is often injured in tinsley, to lock up two pg's at 8 and 6 million would of been the situation we wanted to avoid in the first place and I cant imagine Inidana wanting to deal with that same problem. The Pacers have no reason to trade down in the draft when the team has needs to fill like a young pg or power forward that can help their core of Granger and Dunleavy. A guy Augustine is who they are after and really like wont be there at 17 when Indiana picks. Indiana either trades up or stays there at 11..

Bob_at_york
05-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Its not that we dont get enough value, its the fact that pacers have no need for ford right now. They are rebuilding and want to cut salary, not take on more with ford. They already have a pg who is often injured in tinsley, to lock up two pg's at 8 and 6 million would of been the situation we wanted to avoid in the first place and I cant imagine Inidana wanting to deal with that same problem. The Pacers have no reason to trade down in the draft when the team has needs to fill like a young pg or power forward that can help their core of Granger and Dunleavy. A guy Augustine is who they are after and really like wont be there at 17 when Indiana picks. Indiana either trades up or stays there at 11..

I know they have no need for him right now but your fellow Pacer fan seems to think there is a need so I am assuming he thinks that Tinsley will be shipped out just like I do.

Mile High Champ
05-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I know they have no need for him right now but your fellow Pacer fan seems to think there is a need so I am assuming he thinks that Tinsley will be shipped out just like I do.

You have to find a suitor for him.. I just dont see the pacers get their pg of the future in trade but rather in the draft. Augustine is the pick bob.. trust me. If not him, then maybe westbrook of UCLA.

danny1
05-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Raptors get
2nd pick(Mia)
10th pick(NJ)
Monta Ellis
Dorell Wright
Dasagana Diop(S&T)

Heat get
Jose Calderon(S&T)/ TJ Ford(+ insurance)
Rasho Nesterovic(expire)
Stromile Swift(S&T)

Nets get
Andrea Bargnani
Chris Quinn(S&T)
Matt Barnes
Mark Blount

Warriors get
TJ Ford(+ insurance)/ Jose Calderon(S&T)
Jason Kapono
Marcus Banks

I thought of this randomly, any thoughts? on a scale of 1-10 what would you give this trade? How would you modify it to make it fair?

Bob_at_york
05-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Raptors get
2nd pick(Mia)
10th pick(NJ)
Monta Ellis
Dorell Wright
Dasagana Diop(S&T)

Heat get
Jose Calderon(S&T)/ TJ Ford(+ insurance)
Rasho Nesterovic(expire)
Stromile Swift(S&T)

Nets get
Andrea Bargnani
Chris Quinn(S&T)
Matt Barnes
Mark Blount

Warriors get
TJ Ford(+ insurance)/ Jose Calderon(S&T)
Jason Kapono
Marcus Banks

I thought of this randomly, any thoughts? on a scale of 1-10 what would you give this trade? How would you modify it to make it fair?

I think it is next to impossible and it is complicated by the fact that you have S&Ts and undrafted picks changing hands. I give it a -2 on the realistic scale.

DaoudS
05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
to keep things basic - T.J. Ford for Corey Maggette and Dan Dickau (for matching salaries)

you get a legit secondary scorer and lane driver in Maggette and possibly a back in Pain Dick, i mean Dickau.

With the 17th pick you can either get Nicolas Batum (French kid who has mass potential, Rudy Gay) or get Robin Lopez who brings grit, rebounding and solid D at center.

raptors wiseguy
05-27-2008, 10:30 PM
to keep things basic - T.J. Ford for Corey Maggette and Dan Dickau (for matching salaries)

you get a legit secondary scorer and lane driver in Maggette and possibly a back in Pain Dick, i mean Dickau.

With the 17th pick you can either get Nicolas Batum (French kid who has mass potential, Rudy Gay) or get Robin Lopez who brings grit, rebounding and solid D at center.

id love that trade..giving up only ford for maggete and dickau...but this really depends on how much the clips like ford...i think they will overvalue maggete

Bob_at_york
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I still think Maggette would be a mistake. Maybe if we had a better coach but I don't think he would work here.

Mile High Champ
05-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I still think Maggette would be a mistake. Maybe if we had a better coach but I don't think he would work here.

if it comes at the cost of only ford, I would make that trade. Most of the other realistic deals mentioned just dont get enough value for Ford. Maggette could pay off but I understand why you are hesitant in bringing him.

snow22
05-28-2008, 08:58 AM
hey on hoopshype there sayin there r lots of teams intrested in ford but its still updating let u no once its posted

Mile High Champ
05-28-2008, 09:23 AM
hey on hoopshype there sayin there r lots of teams intrested in ford but its still updating let u no once its posted

thanks for the heads up, im refreshing the page every so often to see if it updates soon.

Mile High Champ
05-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Here is the link to hoopshype.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

They are saying that BC apparently has an untouchable tag on calderon. So I dont think he will be traded any time soon. Apparently also there is a lot of interest in TJ Ford and his health is not as big an issue as people have been lead to believe.

snow22
05-28-2008, 09:44 AM
wow maybe we can get more 4 ford than we all think

pebloemer
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
wow maybe we can get more 4 ford than we all think

I would hate to get my hopes up and be disappointed though.

DaoudS
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
I can see this happening: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556~44~1979~2433&teams=28~23~23~23&te=&cash=

T.J. Ford, Humpheries, Baston (for salaries sake) for Brad Miller

The Kings already have a 2nd Brad Miller in Hawes and are in urgent need of a PG since they traded Bibby. I wouldn't mind throwing in a couple of second round picks either. Miller will give the Raps a solid rebounder and a guy who could probably get 15-17 points a game. This also gives Bargniani the sixth man set up relieving that *****, i mean Basketball Player of any pressure he might've had.

Raptor2008
05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
how about this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2759~2433~2010~991&teams=20~20~20~28&te=&cash=

any comments.

DaoudS
05-28-2008, 10:07 AM
just because the salaries match up doesn't mean the trade will happen. It has to make sense for both teams. There is NO WAY 76ers give up one of the better defensive centers in the league for a 3pt shooter and two bench players, one of whom is garbage (Graham)

Mile High Champ
05-28-2008, 10:07 AM
how about this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2759~2433~2010~991&teams=20~20~20~28&te=&cash=

any comments.

I dont think so. Phili aint going to trade us their starting center for 1 role player and two bench players. Just because the salaries match, doesnt make the trae realistic. Samuel was a big reason why the 76ers improved this seaon, I dont see any reason why they would trade him. Next trade please!

Cheers

DaoudS
05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
this MIGHT happen if the Raps throw in picks and cash considerations
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2776~1026~2987~635&teams=28~28~30~30&te=&cash=

Gerald Wallace is explosive and a great defender. Him and Moon have the potential to stop any guard tandem in the league. The Bobcats get center and a decent SG in return as well as picks. I am not sure if the Bobcats are still in building mode or if the are ready to contend, but this would put them in a nice situation.

Mile High Champ
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2776~1026~2987~635&teams=28~28~30~30&te=&cash=

Gerald Wallace is explosive and a great defender. Him and Moon have the potential to stop any guard tandem in the league. The Bobcats get center and a decent SG in return as well as picks. I am not sure if the Bobcats are still in building mode or if the are ready to contend, but this would put them in a nice situation.

I dont see Charlotte dealing Wallace. Their primary need is center and we are not giving them that. Yes we are givig up Bargnani, but he is not a need for the bobcats. Its more fair then most deals I have seen on this board but I dont see much interest from the bobcats part. Wallace-Richardson-Felton and Okafor is a great core and I dont see them splitting that up for the unproven Bargnani. That is not to say Wallace doesnt fit a need. He does for sure fill a need, just i dont think it is a realistic option.

Mile High Champ
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM

I dont see Charlotte dealing Wallace. Their primary need is center and we are not giving them that. Yes we are givig up Bargnani, but he is not a need for the bobcats. Its more fair then most deals I have seen on this board but I dont see much interest from the bobcats part. Wallace-Richardson-Felton and Okafor is a great core and I dont see them splitting that up for the unproven Bargnani. That is not to say Wallace doesnt fit a need. He does for sure fill a need, just i dont think it is a realistic option. Even with our mid-late round pick thrown in, I doubt it is enough to get the bobcats to bite. Good thinking though.

LD V2.0
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I can see this happening: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556~44~1979~2433&teams=28~23~23~23&te=&cash=

T.J. Ford, Humpheries, Baston (for salaries sake) for Brad Miller

Thats not bad.

A4L
05-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I think we could probably get more for Ford -- just my thought. :p

pfisher2
05-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Ford To Seattle For Chris Wilcox!!! Raps Need Toughness And Wilcox Is A Beast

B2B
05-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Ford To Seattle For Chris Wilcox!!! Raps Need Toughness And Wilcox Is A Beast

I can't help but notice all the interest the Raps have shown in PF's. Makes you wonder. They asked about Haslem in Miami and now they're asking about Wilcox in Seattle. Does anyone think Bosh could be involved in a blockbuster?.

Daboyz
05-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Ford
Nesterovic
Anthony Parker
1st in 2010 (conditional)

for

Camby
Camelo Anthony

C-Camby (Bargs, Humphries, Baston)
PF- Bosh (Bargs, Garbo, draftee)
SF- Anthony (Moon, Kapono)
SG- Kapono (Delfino, Graham, Moon)
PG- Calderon (Ukic, FA)

DaoudS
05-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Ford
Nesterovic
Anthony Parker

for

Camby
Camelo Anthony

PG- Calderon (Ukic, FA)

not only do the salaries not match up by about 7 million, there is no way in hell it would ever happen

DaoudS
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1979~3049~125&teams=7~7~28&te=&cash=

that might be possible, but i dont think the nuggets will give up camby that easy

B2B
05-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Ford
Nesterovic
Anthony Parker

for

Camby
Camelo Anthony

PG- Calderon (Ukic, FA)

Take out the 1st and Melo replace him with J.R and I would do it.

Rasho - 7mil expiring
Parker - 4mil expiring
Ford - 8mil

Camby - 10mil
J.R - S&T 8.5mil

Camby
Bosh
Moon
Smith
Calderon

Mile High Champ
05-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Ford
Nesterovic
Anthony Parker

for

Camby
Camelo Anthony

PG- Calderon (Ukic, FA)

Thanks for my good laugh of the day.. I just cant stop laughing....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::

raptors_fanatic
05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Take out the 1st and Melo replace him with J.R and I would do it.

Rasho - 7mil expiring
Parker - 4mil expiring
Ford - 8mil

Camby - 10mil
J.R - S&T 8.5mil

Camby
Bosh
Moon
Smith
Calderon

lol, yeah i guess that'd work and i agree but....do u really wanna risk paying smith 8.5 mil....i knw hes the next JR (jason richardson) but then again its fair cuz camby will be useless in 2 years and from our point of view so will parker&rasho.....we get the future in smith....and they get their PG

raptors_fanatic
05-28-2008, 04:47 PM
A number of teams will be looking for point guards this summer, including the Heat, Pacers, Kings, Blazers, Cavs, Nuggets, Magic and Rockets

danny1
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Do you think that Bosh, Ford, Calderon can be involved in a trade with Chicago, and Miami where Toronto which involves the 1st nd 2nd overall.

nads83
05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Do you think that Bosh, Ford, Calderon can be involved in a trade with Chicago, and Miami where Toronto which involves the 1st nd 2nd overall.

all this infatuation with rose. i dont get it. beasley i get...rose i dont

Mcnabb_vision
05-28-2008, 07:34 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2995~991~2987~1979~2759~1017~2 782~1006~3039~3239&teams=28~28~18~18~17~17~17~20~28~20&te=&cash=28:20

this is an amazing trade..lol

JermanJaysFan
05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2995~991~2987~1979~2759~1017~2 782~1006~3039~3239&teams=28~28~18~18~17~17~17~20~28~20&te=&cash=28:20

We give up TJ and Bargs for Dalembert...don't know that I would do it. I like Dalembert, but I would hope for a bigger haul for those two I think.

DaoudS
05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
i'd do that trade in a heart beat

DaoudS
05-28-2008, 09:11 PM
T.J. for http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1817566 and the WII Fit

raptors wiseguy
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM

i wouldnt do this trade..this doesnt make toronto into a contender or even really better...we giv up a 2 talented young players with potential..for a rebounder and 2 young players...this move is a sidestep IMO

besides i would think that the knicks win this trade...they get a speedy point guard and bargs whose full of potential for essentially nate robinson and randolph whose a bad contract with a bad attitude

raptors_fanatic
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM

I would do this trade but if were sending bags&ford and getting dalembert. marcus williams(who we might not need since were getting ukic), carney (hes alright but that might jam our SG/SF posittions more).........i wouldnt do this trade cuz i feel we could get more for ford and bargs, like a superstar at least......maybe if there were some picks i'd might do it

DaoudS
05-29-2008, 01:26 AM
I really can't understand how people still have faith in Bargniani, he didn't show me any glimpses of any sort of potential this past year - if he doesn't put on 20-30 pounds of muscle this offseason his career will be restricted to coming off the bench.

Mile High Champ
05-29-2008, 08:17 AM
I really can't understand how people still have faith in Bargniani, he didn't show me any glimpses of any sort of potential this past year - if he doesn't put on 20-30 pounds of muscle this offseason his career will be restricted to coming off the bench.

Its too early to tell. He has only been in the league for two seasons. He is learning a new position. It is really tough when then coach tells you that must play center in the nba when for your entire life you have been a SF or PF. Its a lot to ask of Bargnani to become a great back to the basket player or be expected to guard dwight howard for example. They are just things he has never had to deal with, do you see where im coming from? I just think he needs more time learning his position and he will be fine. Big guys always take longer to develop. No reason to trade him unless you get a very good offer and I havent seen anything realistic yet to warrant trading bargnani.

Mile High Champ
05-29-2008, 08:25 AM
I have been thinking. For the last week or so, I keep reading rumours on espn, fox sports, SI, hoopshype etc that the raps are going to be big players this off season, especially at the draft. I think with all this talk going on, there has to be something big coming. I just think that because we are always featured in these articles, Colangelo must be sending some shock waves through the league with his trade discussions. I think there is more coming then a basic TJ Ford swap around the corner. There is something big coming on the horizon and whatever the deal may be,it will be for a player that has not been discussed as a possible trade target for us. All we can do is wait and see but I know something big is coming and I cant wait to see what.

raptors_fanatic
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
I have been thinking. For the last week or so, I keep reading rumours on espn, fox sports, SI, hoopshype etc that the raps are going to be big players this off season, especially at the draft. I think with all this talk going on, there has to be something big coming. I just think that because we are always featured in these articles, Colangelo must be sending some shock waves through the league with his trade discussions. I think there is more coming then a basic TJ Ford swap around the corner. There is something big coming on the horizon and whatever the deal may be,it will be for a player that has not been discussed as a possible trade target for us. All we can do is wait and see but I know something big is coming and I cant wait to see what.

I agree that we'll be active but were NOT gonna do major trades like ppl on this forum are postin, were gonna KEEP bosh&calderon.....i dont see us trading bargs, same goes for jk24&apollo33 (unless the trade was actually worth giving one of them up).......everyone else is up for grabs....and its obvious that ford is being shipped. We hav a ***** load of expiring contracts that can be packaged in a big deal but no blockbuster moves

raptors_fanatic
05-29-2008, 09:17 AM

I agree that we'll be active but were NOT gonna do major trades like ppl on this forum are postin, were gonna KEEP bosh&calderon.....i dont see us trading bargs, same goes for jk24&apollo33 (unless the trade was actually worth giving one of them up).......everyone else is up for grabs....and its obvious that ford is being shipped. We hav a ***** load of expiring contracts that can be packaged in a big deal but i doubt any blockbuster moves

raptors wiseguy
05-29-2008, 09:24 AM

have u honestly not seen any glimpses of potential? You must not have been watching the same season i was watching

call me a bargnani lover but i saw flashes of greatness in his game...remember that game against boston wen he dropped 20pts 7rbs and 7assts...i realize hes hasnt been consistent but once he gains some weight and confidence...he will be a good player if not great

idk how you couldnt have noticed any glimpses of potential

DaoudS
05-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Signs of his potential to me mean that there were a length of games that he dominated, or against a certain team where he was confidence. I can make a highlight reel for Jarome James, but that doesn't make him a good player.

pebloemer
05-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Signs of his potential to me mean that there were a length of games that he dominated, or against a certain team where he was confidence. I can make a highlight reel for Jarome James, but that doesn't make him a good player.

You are interchanging the terms "good player" and "potential" here. Potential is the ability to become a good player. Based on age and skill set that Bargnani has shown flashes of, I am not sure he can be compared to Jerome James because you could make a highlight reel of each.

Mile High Champ
05-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I agree that we'll be active but were NOT gonna do major trades like ppl on this forum are postin, were gonna KEEP bosh&calderon.....i dont see us trading bargs, same goes for jk24&apollo33 (unless the trade was actually worth giving one of them up).......everyone else is up for grabs....and its obvious that ford is being shipped. We hav a ***** load of expiring contracts that can be packaged in a big deal but i doubt any blockbuster moves

I think that it will be a blockbuster. Wont be a minor move. The raps wouldnt be the topic of espn-si etc if the trade was so minimual. I think there is a bit of indiaction out there that BC is asking about a very big time star player. I can only hope but im thinking a big deal will come the night of the draft for the raps.

DaoudS
05-29-2008, 11:02 AM
hoopshype says that the knicks might be willing to deal the #6 pick, and right after that it says that raps are shopping ford. interesting, but please, we don't want little italy

JermanJaysFan
05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Ford, Nesterovic, Moon, and a 1st for Artest, Kenny Thomas, Quincy Douby, and a 2nd.

Thats what a Kings fan wants for Artest. What do you guys think about that?

DaoudS
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
nah i wouldn't do that. Take the first pick and moon out of the picture and make it for just Artest. I dont like Douby and Thomas too much

SuperDayv
05-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Anyone else think that we should let Bargnani play at his natural position (3 or 4) instead of forcing him into the center position? I didn't think we should have ever started him at the center this season, hopefully we'll get a tough center and let Bargnani play SF, where I think he can do some real damage.

JermanJaysFan
05-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Anyone else think that we should let Bargnani play at his natural position (3 or 4) instead of forcing him into the center position? I didn't think we should have ever started him at the center this season, hopefully we'll get a tough center and let Bargnani play SF, where I think he can do some real damage.

You put Bargnani at SF, sure he will do some damage, but the kind of damage that would be done to him is unfathomable. Can you imagine him trying to guard athletic guys like Jefferson, Lebron etc.? It'd be a disaster.

SuperDayv
05-29-2008, 01:48 PM
You put Bargnani at SF, sure he will do some damage, but the kind of damage that would be done to him is unfathomable. Can you imagine him trying to guard athletic guys like Jefferson, Lebron etc.? It'd be a disaster.

Or Hedo :)
Yeah you make a good point. But I do think that while he is our starting center, unless he shows remarkable improvement defensively and in terms of rebounding, we will be severely lacking in those two areas.

Mile High Champ
05-29-2008, 01:58 PM

Perhaps then we are in a catch 22. Bargnani is forced now to play out of position. As you just stated, he is not quick enough to play the SF position. Bosh is ahead of him at PF and he has struggled to play center. I dont think Bargnani will ever develop into a center. I think the problem is that our franchise player bosh is ahead of him and bargnani wont reach his potential if he has to play out of position or come off the bench. Leaves us with a very difficult decison for the future. I just cant see Bargnani become a great center in the league, its not his calling and I dont want to limit his potential at greatness because he is unable to play the position he is suppose to play.

snow22
05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
On Espn Chad Ford Was Chatting With People And A ? Came Up About Tj Ford And He Said There Is Intrest In Him And That The Clippers And Pacers Will Probly Make A Run At Him He Said Maggette Or Dunleavy Would Maybe Be Involved

Mile High Champ
05-29-2008, 02:47 PM
On Espn Chad Ford Was Chatting With People And A ? Came Up About Tj Ford And He Said There Is Intrest In Him And That The Clippers And Pacers Will Probly Make A Run At Him He Said Maggette Or Dunleavy Would Maybe Be Involved

thanks for the update:clap::clap:. Either one of those guys I would think would be a good fit. Dunleay really picked up his game this year, the guy can flat out score. Plus he is a very smart player. Maggette would also fit a need. I just cant see the Pacers trading Dunleavy for Ford in a deal.

Mile High Champ
05-29-2008, 02:50 PM
This is exactly the question asked.

Kris (Toronto): Is T.J. Ford a valuable pg around the league, do you think the raptors can net a 15-20 ppg SF for him?

Chad Ford: He does have value because of his quickness and production this year. There are some questions about his spinal condition. But I could see a team like the Clippers and Pacers making a run at him. Would Corey Maggette or Mike Dunleavy fit that category? Both could be good fits in Toronto.

JermanJaysFan
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Perhaps then we are in a catch 22. Bargnani is forced now to play out of position. As you just stated, he is not quick enough to play the SF position. Bosh is ahead of him at PF and he has struggled to play center. I dont think Bargnani will ever develop into a center. I think the problem is that our franchise player bosh is ahead of him and bargnani wont reach his potential if he has to play out of position or come off the bench. Leaves us with a very difficult decison for the future. I just cant see Bargnani become a great center in the league, its not his calling and I dont want to limit his potential at greatness because he is unable to play the position he is suppose to play.

You can look at it that way, but I personally think he can develop into a centre. There is no question he has the body for it. He definetly won't ever be the dominating presence in the offensive paint or defensive paint that guys like Dwight, Shaq, Yao and Duncan are. But if he can learn (and like I said, I think I can) how to keep his body on other Cs on D, and learn a couple post moves, I think a Bosh/Bargnani front court can be legendary.

Let me paint you a picture. This is how I see the twin towers front court looking 2 down the road- entering the 09/10 offseason (after a Raptors championship run :D).

Bosh is 26. He has a few more years under his belt, and has put on a few more pounds. His perimeter game has continued to develop, and he still gets to the line at will. Evolved into more of a defensive presence, as he has filled out his 6'11.5" frame somewhat, and some more seasoning makes him a more savvy post player. Averages low twenties in points, 10-12 boards. Picks up some more assists passing out of doubles (anyone smell KG?).

Bargnani is 24. He has regained his confidence, and like all slumping shooters, his three ball is back stronger than it has ever been. Extensive offseason work, as well as more NBA experience, has given him some decent NBA "big man skills". He doesn't get pushed around by guys, but doesn't push them around on the other end either. But versatility is where it is at for him. Creates havoc on the opposing D. Enough post skills to post up or shoot over smaller defenders, quick enough to beat big men he pulls out from the paint of the dribble. Averages high teens, low twenties with decent board numbers (anywhere from 7 to 10), and some assists. Blocks some shots too.

Raptors twin towers are the talk of the league. Two versatile big men who can drain it from 18 feet (Bosh) and beyond (Bargnani), as well as put the ball on the floor and finish at the rim.

I know that is a best case scenario, but it is what I think of whenever people get down on Bargnani and want to deal him away. The potential a front court like this has is enormous.

Mile High Champ
05-29-2008, 03:54 PM
You can look at it that way, but I personally think he can develop into a centre. There is no question he has the body for it. He definetly won't ever be the dominating presence in the offensive paint or defensive paint that guys like Dwight, Shaq, Yao and Duncan are. But if he can learn (and like I said, I think I can) how to keep his body on other Cs on D, and learn a couple post moves, I think a Bosh/Bargnani front court can be legendary.

Let me paint you a picture. This is how I see the twin towers front court looking 2 down the road- entering the 09/10 offseason (after a Raptors championship run :D).

Bosh is 26. He has a few more years under his belt, and has put on a few more pounds. His perimeter game has continued to develop, and he still gets to the line at will. Evolved into more of a defensive presence, as he has filled out his 6'11.5" frame somewhat, and some more seasoning makes him a more savvy post player. Averages low twenties in points, 10-12 boards. Picks up some more assists passing out of doubles (anyone smell KG?).

Bargnani is 24. He has regained his confidence, and like all slumping shooters, his three ball is back stronger than it has ever been. Extensive offseason work, as well as more NBA experience, has given him some decent NBA "big man skills". He doesn't get pushed around by guys, but doesn't push them around on the other end either. But versatility is where it is at for him. Creates havoc on the opposing D. Enough post skills to post up or shoot over smaller defenders, quick enough to beat big men he pulls out from the paint of the dribble. Averages high teens, low twenties with decent board numbers (anywhere from 7 to 10), and some assists. Blocks some shots too.

Raptors twin towers are the talk of the league. Two versatile big men who can drain it from 18 feet (Bosh) and beyond (Bargnani), as well as put the ball on the floor and finish at the rim.

I know that is a best case scenario, but it is what I think of whenever people get down on Bargnani and want to deal him away. The potential a front court like this has is enormous.

You make some good points for sure. I like your optimisum and I really hope it works out the way you have just layed out. But my concern is from a physically stand point. I just dont see bargnani getting that bulked up, I dont see him changing his game to be the defensive presence we need beside Bosh. I just think he is playing out of position and I think his potential can only reach so high when his natural position is where we have our franchise player. By no means am I saying, Deal Bosh or Bargnani, I just dont know if Bargs can become a good center..

JermanJaysFan
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
You make some good points for sure. I like your optimisum and I really hope it works out the way you have just layed out. But my concern is from a physically stand point. I just dont see bargnani getting that bulked up, I dont see him changing his game to be the defensive presence we need beside Bosh. I just think he is playing out of position and I think his potential can only reach so high when his natural position is where we have our franchise player. By no means am I saying, Deal Bosh or Bargnani, I just dont know if Bargs can become a good center..

He is already bulked up. I don't know how people don't miss this, he isn't a twig. He has the size and potential to fill out that he can at least mix it up with other bigs. I agree he won't ever be an imposing defensive presence, but I take a front court of two versatile 20pt scorers over Bosh and a offensively limited defender.

A4L
05-29-2008, 06:20 PM

Thats pretty good news guys! Danm I knew BC would play his cards the right way. I have a feeling it will be Maggette.

WntAbCEO
05-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Can the Pacers get TJ ford w/out giving up Dunleavy? TJ Ford is damaged goods too.

raptors wiseguy
05-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Can the Pacers get TJ ford w/out giving up Dunleavy? TJ Ford is damaged goods too.

im looking up and down the pacers roster and i cant see anyone im interested in other than dunleavy and granger...and possibly oneal...im sorry but the pacers dont have many other assets

raptors_fanatic
05-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I think that it will be a blockbuster. Wont be a minor move. The raps wouldnt be the topic of espn-si etc if the trade was so minimual. I think there is a bit of indiaction out there that BC is asking about a very big time star player. I can only hope but im thinking a big deal will come the night of the draft for the raps.

when i meant no blockbuster trades i mean no trades w/ us giving bosh/calderon or getting a all-star calibre player

raptors_fanatic
05-29-2008, 07:04 PM

hows this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1006~3239~1979~2759~635~1017~2 782~2995~991&teams=20~20~18~18~18~17~17~28~28&te=&cash=

i updated ur trade bcuz:
i dun think wat were getting is worth giving up ford&bargs so i just tried 2 see it without trading bargs b-cuz of his potential......instead i added a lower priced player, AP, and just took make it fair cuz of that move....i took away marcus williams from comin here.

only problem with my trade is that knicks might be getting ripped off so mayb NJ will give them a pick..........problem with ur trade is that raptors are gettin ripped and knicks are getting way more than they gave

raptors_fanatic
05-29-2008, 07:05 PM
im looking up and down the pacers roster and i cant see anyone im interested in other than dunleavy and granger...and possibly oneal...im sorry but the pacers dont have many other assets

i feel the exact same way except for oneil......i dun feel we need him here and i think his future is goin downhill......and his price is way 2 high for us 2 risk/afford

nads83
05-29-2008, 07:28 PM
i dont like dunlevy. we dont need another shooter. and hes soft.
mags > dunlevy
m.miller > dunlevy

a_sutcliffe
05-29-2008, 08:10 PM

Bosh is 26.

Bargnani is 24.

Bosh is 24 and Bargs is 22, turning 23 before the season starts. Plenty of time for the twin towers to develop :-)

http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/

A4L
05-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Let say we get NY's 6th pick, who are we looking to draft? Any ideas? I really do not have a clear perspective as to which player the Raps are looking to draft?

JermanJaysFan
05-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Bosh is 24 and Bargs is 22, turning 23 before the season starts. Plenty of time for the twin towers to develop :-)

http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/
If you read closely, the scenario I gave there was 2 years down the line.

DaoudS
05-30-2008, 12:10 AM
outside of rose and beasley, i dont want anyone as they can't make an immediate impact and won't pan out statistically a couple of years down the road

raptors_fanatic
05-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Let say we get NY's 6th pick, who are we looking to draft? Any ideas? I really do not have a clear perspective as to which player the Raps are looking to draft?

It depends on whose left in the draft.....besides Rose/beasley i would consider guys like: bayless, mayo, lopez,gordon?, whichever one is not taken.....u could even add randolph,love or gallinari 2 the list

Mile High Champ
05-30-2008, 08:31 AM
i dont like dunlevy. we dont need another shooter. and hes soft.
mags > dunlevy
m.miller > dunlevy

I dont think he is soft at all but your free to think that. he would fit nicely here.

Mile High Champ
05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
when i meant no blockbuster trades i mean no trades w/ us giving bosh/calderon or getting a all-star calibre player

I dont think we will trade calderon or bosh but I dont see why an allstar can be had in a trade. I think a blockbuster may be coming..

bryanmac1982
05-30-2008, 11:10 AM
hmm.......
A great wing player is what we need.....
Who was the best swingman ever to play for the raps??
I hate to say it, but Jersey wants to get rid of him....

SuperDayv
05-30-2008, 11:56 AM
hmm.......

Nah man that won't happen.

JermanJaysFan
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
hmm.......

I highly doubt that would happen. Vince has far too much of a history here to be smoothly transitioned back.

Mile High Champ
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
I highly doubt that would happen. Vince has far too much of a history here to be smoothly transitioned back.

WE dont want him back period.. Transition aint even an issue. He just is not wanted...

Mile High Champ
05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
The TJ Ford for Corey Maggette trade makes most sense...its simple and fair.

Clippers fans behind this on their board... Ford for Maggette.. I think it is simple and suits both teams... Both guys could use a change in scenery. Anyone know how to contact Elgin Baylor and Brian Colangelo..lol

Numbers
05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Things to consider for you trade proposers:

Raptors players whose value is underrated:

Anthony Parker - Second leading Scorer - Veteran Presence
Expiring Contract - Good Defender
Good Character Guy who has won championships
* Parker will be viewed as valuable this offseason as Grant Hill was last offseason (more so because he is not as injury prone) with a number of teams with a chance at the title looking to add him

Rasho Nesterovic - Veteran Big Man - Good defender - Played for Winners
Expiring contract - Good Character Guy
*Rasho is a short term committment for a team close to winning it all that needs an effective centre and the last month of the season showed that if called upon he can still score in double digits if required.

Jamario Moon - Talented Swingman who is really cheap. Moon is not as valuble to a poor rebounding team like the Raptors as he would be to a team not needing rebounding but very contract heavy. Coupled with a contract like Rasho's and a 9 million dollar player could be coming back from a luxury tax team ( Add Parker or Garbojosa to that and you are in 13 million dollar player territory)

Toronto does however have to keep one of Parker, Garbo or Rasho back for the season just to maintain that veteran presence. My preference would be to keep Anthony Parker but I think he will end up being the key to any blockbuster deal the Raptors complete to get that second scoring threat to play alongside Bosh.

Numbers
05-30-2008, 03:42 PM
To Phoenix

Rasho Nesterovic
Anthony Parker
Joey Graham

To Toronto

Boris Diaw
Leandro Barbosa (or Raja Bell)

Cap Relief for Phoenixwith players that are still usefull and they get rid of two players they are not fond of
Versatility for the Raptors and BC gets two players is fond of.

North Yorker
05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
To Phoenix

Rasho Nesterovic
Anthony Parker
Joey Graham

To Toronto

Boris Diaw

Cap Relief for Phoenixwith players that are still usefull and they get rid of two players they are not fond of
Versatility for the Raptors and BC gets two players is fond of.

haha, r u serious? NO WAY the suns do that. Barbosa is amazing

snow22
05-30-2008, 04:03 PM

that trade probly wount happen but on the suns board they all want 2 get rid of barbosa they even have there own thread yes i agree barbosa is sick but the sun r sick of him i would love 2 get him

North Yorker
05-30-2008, 04:08 PM
that trade probly wount happen but on the suns board they all want 2 get rid of barbosa they even have there own thread yes i agree barbosa is sick but the sun r sick of him i would love 2 get him

WOW, I'm shocked to hear that. Besides Amare he is there only real young guy to build around after Nash and Shaq are gone. But hey if the Raps can get him then go right a head. I would give up our 1st for him easily

Numbers
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM

Yes Barbosa is amazing but they also have a payroll of 70 million taken up by 7 players in 08/09 and 09/10 so as amazing as some of those players are they got to get some cap relief.

Also Phoenix is a small market that cannot carry alot of salaries like a New York can and the owner Sarver is not known for his free spending ways.

Amare/Shaq and Nash will account for 50 million plus over the next 2 seasons so they are going to need expirings and draft picks to fill out their roster and with their success they are always going to picking late.

Maybe to make the trade a bit more weighted on the Phoenix side you
send

Rasho
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon to Phoenix

and you get back

Boris Diaw

DaoudS
05-30-2008, 04:37 PM
i dont see how the raps improve with diaw and barbosa

Numbers
05-30-2008, 04:57 PM
i dont see how the raps improve with diaw and barbosa

Diaw brings defence and versatility, can score, can rebound has played the 2
3 4 positions

Barbosa plays the point but can also play the 2 guard, can score is fast can rebound and can defend.

The Raptors improve because the versatility of Diaw and Barbosa allows us to trim the rotation down, draft players with talent that don't need to be counted on to contribute right away. Some trades are made for instant success and some trades are made to provide a good base to build from for years to come.

a_sutcliffe
05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
If you read closely, the scenario I gave there was 2 years down the line.

I guess that's what I get for skimming :)

danny1
05-30-2008, 06:24 PM
The Raptors should look to make a trade for the Lakers Sun Yue. He can play SG/SF/PG. He has alot of hops. He has Prince's blocking ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_RYBlwLLcs

I like all his blocks, especially the one at the end when he blocks Melo.

JermanJaysFan
05-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Diaw brings defence and versatility, can score, can rebound has played the 2
3 4 positions

Barbosa plays the point but can also play the 2 guard, can score is fast can rebound and can defend.

The Raptors improve because the versatility of Diaw and Barbosa allows us to trim the rotation down, draft players with talent that don't need to be counted on to contribute right away. Some trades are made for instant success and some trades are made to provide a good base to build from for years to come.

I like Diaw's versatility, he actually plays every position. He can do it all- he was playing PG when Nash went down a little while ago and was getting close to triple doubles.

DaoudS
05-30-2008, 08:37 PM
raps dont need anyone to play the 3-4, they have Hump, Garbahosa to play either 3 or 4 and Kapono, Moon, Delfino, AP to play 3

I can see barbosa, but i wouldn't want either of them

dirtybird
05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Diaw is a deal breaker for me in almost any deal (that the Raptors and Suns would realistically make). For what he brings, he is way overpaid and really the reason that the Suns are in the cap situation that they're in now. Who cares that he can play every position, the better question is can he play any position well? Don't get me wrong, he would probably fit right in with the rest of the Raptors roster in that he's soft, can't rebound, play defense, or get to the line. And that is really the problem with the Raptors, they have a ton of players like that.

Mile High Champ
05-30-2008, 09:35 PM
raps dont need anyone to play the 3-4, they have Hump, Garbahosa to play either 3 or 4 and Kapono, Moon, Delfino, AP to play 3

I can see barbosa, but i wouldn't want either of them

The upgrade has to come at the 3. Moon is a good defender and rebounder but his game is very limited at the offensive end of the floor. He is much better suited to come off the bench. They need a player who can step up and drop 20. The upgrade has to come somwhere and its much harder to find a center who can score 20 than a SF. Just a simple reality.

DaoudS
05-30-2008, 09:43 PM
I disagree, I think the upgrade has to come at the 5 and the 2. I like Moon at SF, he is a rugged player, solid defender, and above average rebounder at the 3 spot. I think he is only going to improve this upcoming season in defending as well as scoring. I think he is capable of being a Bruce Bowen type defender with the ability to slam it in hard. Not only that, but with the right coaching, if he can learn to drive he can be a scorer who can put up 12-13 points a game consistently and explode for 30 point game when he is feeling real good.

You can find a center who scores 20 and a SG who scores 20. You can get Brad Miller who will immediatly put up 18-10 or Maggette who will put up 22. Personally, I would like to see Moon stay in the starting lineup, unless you get a Beasley or another SF who is clearly better than Moon.

JermanJaysFan
05-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I disagree, I think the upgrade has to come at the 5 and the 2. I like Moon at SF, he is a rugged player, solid defender, and above average rebounder at the 3 spot. I think he is only going to improve this upcoming season in defending as well as scoring. I think he is capable of being a Bruce Bowen type defender with the ability to slam it in hard. Not only that, but with the right coaching, if he can learn to drive he can be a scorer who can put up 12-13 points a game consistently and explode for 30 point game when he is feeling real good.

You can find a center who scores 20 and a SG who scores 20. You can get Brad Miller who will immediatly put up 18-10 or Maggette who will put up 22. Personally, I would like to see Moon stay in the starting lineup, unless you get a Beasley or another SF who is clearly better than Moon.
Are you saying you think we can add 20pt scorers at both positions? I don't think we can. We simply don't have enough tradeable assets to add two of those guys.

I find it highly unlikely that at age 32 Brad Miller would average 3 more PPG than he ever has in his career, while matching a career high in rebounds. I think that 12/9 would be much more realisic expectations.

DaoudS
05-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Are you saying you think we can add 20pt scorers at both positions? I don't think we can. We simply don't have enough tradeable assets to add two of those guys.

I find it highly unlikely that at age 32 Brad Miller would average 3 more PPG than he ever has in his career, while matching a career high in rebounds. I think that 12/9 would be much more realisic expectations.

No no, I doubt they can get both - unless the clippers value the expiring contract of Rasho A LOT and practically give up Maggette.

I think Miller will be able to get 18 PPG, but all this is hypothetical and depending on where Ford goes. I am still banking on a blockbuster deal that none of us has thought of.

lapeapod
05-31-2008, 12:08 AM
With the Pistons being eliminated tonight they are going to be in a trading mood really fast before the good players get scooped up. Joe Dumars and Bryan Colangelo seem to be on good terms when it comes to being trading partners so I say explore a trade for one of their prime players. Rasheed Wallace still has 2-3 good years left in him so maybe trade TJ Ford to some team for a player the Pistons want and then trade that player right back to the Pistons.

If not the Pistons how about raiding the pool of talent with some of teams out West like Seattle or Portland? The players I'm really lusting after are Chris Wilcox and Luke Ridnaur and no matter how many times I try to work the Trade Machine it just doesn't work on the salaries. Surely something could be worked out.

JermanJaysFan
05-31-2008, 12:55 AM
With the Pistons being eliminated tonight they are going to be in a trading mood really fast before the good players get scooped up. Joe Dumars and Bryan Colangelo seem to be on good terms when it comes to being trading partners so I say explore a trade for one of their prime players. Rasheed Wallace still has 2-3 good years left in him so maybe trade TJ Ford to some team for a player the Pistons want and then trade that player right back to the Pistons.
I am a little confused. Are you saying the Pistons are going to be sellers this offseason, cuz they didn't make the finals this year? Or are you just saying that they will want to shake things up a little bit. Becuase I really doubt they are going to blow that team up just yet...

If not the Pistons how about raiding the pool of talent with some of teams out West like Seattle or Portland? The players I'm really lusting after are Chris Wilcox and Luke Ridnaur and no matter how many times I try to work the Trade Machine it just doesn't work on the salaries. Surely something could be worked out.
Wilcox could be a nice addition, although I think he is more of a PF than a true C, and he has some injury problems. Ridnour would be a decent guy to add as a backup, but only if one of our other PGs is gone.

North Yorker
05-31-2008, 08:36 AM

I didn't find it that hard to get a trade done...
Raps get: Wilcox, Petro, Watson
Sonics get: Rasho, TJ
Watson would be just as good a back-up as Ridnour would be, and has a more tradable contract.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1979~598~2780~1027~1731&teams=25~25~28~28~28&te=&cash=

mike_noodles
05-31-2008, 09:30 AM

I like the idea of trading with Detroit although I would prefer we got either Prince or Hamilton. I think we can get a good enough big man using the MLE. Like perhaps (please don't shoot me for this) Kwame Brown.

Mile High Champ
05-31-2008, 12:02 PM
No no, I doubt they can get both - unless the clippers value the expiring contract of Rasho A LOT and practically give up Maggette.

I think Miller will be able to get 18 PPG, but all this is hypothetical and depending on where Ford goes. I am still banking on a blockbuster deal that none of us has thought of.

Dont get me wrong. I like Brad Miller but i dont see how an aging center raises his ppg that greatly to the 18 you are saying. I would much rather have maggette right now because it helps fix that second option problem. I think you are giving moon too much credit, dont get me wrong, he is great but i dont see what you are seeing in regard to his improvment. Moon will be 28 inn June, That is pretty old for a rookie. He can and will improve but I dont see him as a bruce bown type defender. His jumpshot is extremely weak and so is his IQ at the offensive end. I dont see how he would be capable of getting 14 ppg. I just dont see it. Moon is much better suited on the bench, a good high energy player who can come off and bring a spark to the team in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. For his price, he is of course a steal but on a contending team in the east confrence. I see him as our weakest position player in the starting lineup excluding center. The upgrade should come at the SF spot.

DaoudS
05-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Dont get me wrong. I like Brad Miller but i dont see how an aging center raises his ppg that greatly to the 18 you are saying. I would much rather have maggette right now because it helps fix that second option problem. I think you are giving moon too much credit, dont get me wrong, he is great but i dont see what you are seeing in regard to his improvment. Moon will be 28 inn June, That is pretty old for a rookie. He can and will improve but I dont see him as a bruce bown type defender. His jumpshot is extremely weak and so is his IQ at the offensive end. I dont see how he would be capable of getting 14 ppg. I just dont see it. Moon is much better suited on the bench, a good high energy player who can come off and bring a spark to the team in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. For his price, he is of course a steal but on a contending team in the east confrence. I see him as our weakest position player in the starting lineup excluding center. The upgrade should come at the SF spot.

I might be one of the few believers who still thinks that players don't reach their peak until they are 31-33. Moon has a long ways to go for sure, and I think he can be a building block for the Raptors if they are to ever contend for a championship

ink
05-31-2008, 12:34 PM
I might be one of the few believers who still thinks that players don't reach their peak until they are 31-33. Moon has a long ways to go for sure, and I think he can be a building block for the Raptors if they are to ever contend for a championship

What players have improved their games dramatically late in their careers? I know people will say Nash, although I don't think that's true. Who else?

DaoudS
05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
How about using Rasho as an example - he got a chance to play last year over Bargs and delivered.

And I was talking about players reaching their peak, it is high expectations for Miller to average more points but here is my reasoning: For probably the first time in his career Miller will have a true PG who can get the ball to an open guy, Calderon. Calderon makes people around him better and I think with Bosh getting double teamed in the block, along with Millers ability to get the offensive rebounds - he potentially could be what I am hoping he could be.

I think that Maggette is a better choice and drafting Lopez (who has been compared to Andris Biedrins/Anderson Varejao) so rebounds, blocks, garbage buckets can be had be a cheap rookie. And who knows, maybe the Kings will trade Miller for something like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2759~598~556&teams=23~23~28&te=&cash=

And then you can Maggettte in a sign and trade.

Rockets Fanatic
05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Rockets Get:
T.J. Ford

Raptors Get:
Rafer Alston
Luther Head

raptors wiseguy
05-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Rockets Get:
T.J. Ford

Raptors Get:
Rafer Alston
Luther Head

why would toronto want 2 do that?

DaoudS
05-31-2008, 07:38 PM
then Sam Mitchell would have to go

raptors_fanatic
05-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Rockets Get:
T.J. Ford

Raptors Get:
Rafer Alston
Luther Head

WTH!!! HELL NO! y would we wont to do that! we get nothing back

Mile High Champ
06-01-2008, 01:38 AM
How about using Rasho as an example - he got a chance to play last year over Bargs and delivered.

And I was talking about players reaching their peak, it is high expectations for Miller to average more points but here is my reasoning: For probably the first time in his career Miller will have a true PG who can get the ball to an open guy, Calderon. Calderon makes people around him better and I think with Bosh getting double teamed in the block, along with Millers ability to get the offensive rebounds - he potentially could be what I am hoping he could be.

I think that Maggette is a better choice and drafting Lopez (who has been compared to Andris Biedrins/Anderson Varejao) so rebounds, blocks, garbage buckets can be had be a cheap rookie. And who knows, maybe the Kings will trade Miller for something like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2759~598~556&teams=23~23~28&te=&cash=

And then you can Maggettte in a sign and trade.

Rasho? is that all you have. I dont really see any evidence in a players game to show why moon will get even better other then pure speculation. Rasho picked up his game this year for a reason, his new contract. He will be a free agent next year and knows if he wants to get back to that 5-8 million dollar range per season he needs to show he can still play. I dont see how Rasho and Moon can be compared. Moon will get better hopefully but I cant see him ever scoring 14 a game and becoming a bruce bowen type defender like you have said. Im not saying it can happen, just that it is unlikely.

ramgarhia
06-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Nets get
Bargnani
Graham

Raptors get
Jefferson

the nets are gonna end up getting rid of either jefferson or carter if not both and i heard they interested in bargs

Knicks get
Ford
Baston
raptors 17

Raptors get
Crawford
Knicks 6

it makes sense for both teams cuz d'antoni likes fords game and is looking to change the knicks up to be a decent team at least for now and wouldnt mind sending players for players that will play his style of game

A4L
06-01-2008, 12:59 PM
League source has informed HOOPSWORLD that the Raptors are prepared to do whatever it takes to keep restricted free agent Jose Calderon. This same source confirmed that the Raptors have been sending out feelers around the league to see what they might be able to get in return for T.J. Ford.

At this juncture it appears one of Toronto's two point guards will have to go, and Ford looks to be the odd man out. While there is some definite interest around the league in Ford, possible suitors are moving forward very cautiously given Ford's injury history and the three years and over $25-million left on his contract.

At his best, Ford is a lightning quick guard who can get into the paint at will. He's shown he's a willing passer and could likely challenge for the league lead in assists playing in the right kind of up-tempo system. He's also a solid citizen away from the basketball court, which means he likely won't cause his team any unnecessary headaches off the court.

For all Ford does well, he definitely has his limitations. He's just a 31-percent career three-point shooter which causes defenses to sag off him thereby neutralizing some of his quickness off the dribble. Bigger guards have also had a history of exposing Ford on the defensive end as a result of his diminutive stature.

All things considered, someone will likely make a move for Ford this summer. Here's a look at some of the teams rumored to be in the mix.

New York Knicks

If there was ever a system created for a player like Ford, it's probably Mike D'Antoni's run-and-gun system. The Raptors could ask for either David Lee or Nate Robinson in return, but additional contracts would have to be included for the trade to work financially. The Knicks could offer Eddy Curry to the Raptors to play alongside Chris Bosh in hopes that he could regain the near All-Star form he had in the 2006-07 season, but considering the fact Curry is under contract until 2011, it's hard to imagine the Raptors biting on such a proposal.

Los Angeles Clippers

I know what you're thinking... another injury prone point guard. Just what the Clippers need, right? Well, at this point Ford may be the best shot the Clips have at getting a veteran point guard this summer. Sources have said the Clippers are willing to consider a sign-and-trade involving Corey Maggette.

Could such a move backfire? Sure it could, but it's not like it would be too risky of a proposition given the fact that Maggette will simply opt out and walk away if the Clips don't sign-and-trade him.

Moreover, a lineup featuring Ford, Elton Brand, Al Thornton and Chris Kaman could make the Clippers relevant again in the very competitive Western Conference next season. However, it's worth nothing Mike Dunleavy hasn't exactly been an up-tempo coach during his tenure with the Clippers and would likely have to adjust his approach just a little to help Ford achieve a maximum level of effectiveness.

Sacramento Kings

With Mike Bibby now a member of the Atlanta Hawks, the Sacramento Kings are in search of the team's next point guard. Beno Udrih played well for the Kings last season, but there are some in the organization who believe he might be better served in a reserve role which is where Ford comes in.

The Kings are going to explore all options this summer with forward Ron Artest. Assuming Artest doesn't opt out of his contract -- a safe assumption according to those in the know in Sacramento -- he will be in the final year of his deal. A straight up swap of Ford for Artest would work financially and would help fill needs for both teams. The Kings would have a new starting point guard, and Sam Mitchell would finally have the tough, defensive-minded player he has been craving during his tenure with the Raptors. And if things for some reason don't work out with Ron-Ron, the Raptors can just let him walk at season's end.

Cleveland Cavaliers

The Cavaliers have been in need of a point guard for years now. And while Delonte West was solid after coming over from Seattle in February, he's more of combo-guard than a true point guard. Given the Cavs' salary structure a deal could be tough to consummate. The Cavs could start with a package of Anderson Varejao and West. In addition, the team could offer the expiring deal of Eric Snow if the Raptors opted to simply cut salary. That said, the Raptors could likely find a more desirable deal elsewhere.

Indiana Pacers

Jim O'Brien brought a fast-paced style of play to Indianapolis last season. Unfortunately, injuries to a number of key players stymied the team's progress. While O'Brien likes the game of incumbent point guard Jamaal Tinsley, he's not exactly thrilled with Tinsley's attitude and history of off the court issues. The Pacers could offer Toronto Mike Dunleavy Jr. who is coming off of the best year of his career. However, it's hard to imagine the Raptors being too interested in his bloated contract which runs through the 2011 season. The Raptors would instead likely center in on a package that features Danny Granger.

Denver Nuggets

While the Denver Nuggets plan to look at every possible option to improve the franchise this summer, the front office isn't exactly enamored with the idea of acquiring Ford. While he would no doubt be a good fit in George Karl's system, he would also be a huge defensive liability playing alongside Allen Iverson in the backcourt. The fact Ford is not a good three-point shooter is another reason the Nuggets don't view Ford as the answer at the point. The Nuggets could offer Marcus Camby for Ford but that appears unlikely at this juncture.

Seattle SuperSonics

The Sonics have two point guards currently on the roster in Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour, neither of whom seem to be the long-term answer. Ford would likely welcome the chance to play with fellow Texas alum and future NBA superstar Kevin Durant. The Sonics could package the expiring contract of Chris Wilcox with one of the many young players who will be on their roster after next month's NBA draft. At this stage, though, the Sonics appear to be a long-shot for Ford's services.
Source: Hoopsworld (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8904).

North Yorker
06-01-2008, 01:38 PM
^^Of the proposed trades I like Ford for Granger the best... Would the Pacers accept say Ford and Moon for Granger? I also like the Sonics as we can get a good backup PG and Wilcox.

I doubt Camby would come back to TO, he'll probably pull a Zo if he got traded here. The Cavs deal is interesting, but I'm not sure how much better it would make us...

A4L
06-01-2008, 01:50 PM
To be honest with you guys, I don't think we can go wrong with any of those mentioned trades. The New York one is very appealing, if we get David Lee.

I mean let's face it guys, any of those guys will fill a need and are certainly better than Ford. We're talking about guys like, Granger, Wilcox, David, Mike D, Ron, and Corey. I think we should be in a good spot come June 26th :)

JermanJaysFan
06-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Guys- you have GOT TO POST SOURCES WHEN YOU QUOTE ARTICLES!! I can't stress this enough. It isn't a suggestion, it is a rule. It is copyright infringement if you don't. I suggest that everyone on here look at the Guidelines for Quoting Outside Source (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221795) I posted on here- it really is important.

lovingTO
06-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Guys- you have GOT TO POST SOURCES WHEN YOU QUOTE ARTICLES!! I can't stress this enough. It isn't a suggestion, it is a rule. It is copyright infringement if you don't. I suggest that everyone on here look at the Guidelines for Quoting Outside Source (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221795) I posted on here- it really is important.

pms

JermanJaysFan
06-01-2008, 03:21 PM
pms

If you are saying PMs, as in "Private Messages", then no, becuase everyone needs to know this.

If you are saying pms, as in the more well known term, then thats a little immature. I know it may seem like not a big deal, but it really is. Posting whole articles is straight up plagiarism, and its not a joke.

gbus
06-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I've yet to see another better or more realistic idea than TJ Ford for Ron Artest straight up. It fills holes on both teams and the salaries match. Both guys are essentially wild cards for different reasons which is why a straight up deal between then two of them makes the most sense. Only roadblacks i foresee are Artest wanting to play for the Knicks (which i have no source to indicate this is valid) or Colangelo not wanting to take on all of Artest's baggage, which is reasonable. I'm of the opinion that this trade is the type of gamble (and it is a gamble) that has more potential reward than risk so i'm all for it.

A4L
06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8904

Here u go dawg!!

DaoudS
06-01-2008, 07:54 PM
ford for artest would be interesting. I would like to think that Artest wouldn't be a problem in the club house and could be a defensive leader on the court.

B2B
06-01-2008, 08:37 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1979~598~635~2165~70~2184&teams=14~14~14~28~28~28&te=&cash=

Toronto trades

Ford - 8,275,000
Parker - 4,350,000
Rasho - 7,840,000

Miami trades

Haslem - 6,050,000
Banks - 3,966,207
Blount - 7,901,040

"if the Heat were willing to trade away their #2 pick. According to the Herald, the Heat want to dump the contracts of Marcus Banks and Mark Blount. They would also want the Nets’ two first rounders."

http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=5948

In previous article's

Source: The Toronto Star

"No one from the Raptors was talking in specifics yesterday, but the chance to move either Ford or Calderon could net someone like power forward Udonis Haslem in some kind of package deal."

Doug Smith's Blog Q&A

I guarantee Colangelo is going to look to trade up in the draft Rasho, Ford, Parker and the #17

JermanJaysFan
06-01-2008, 08:39 PM

Here u go dawg!!

Thanks man.

DaoudS
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
i would do that trade in a heartbeat - but i dont know if the heat will be satisfied with that package

DaoudS
06-01-2008, 08:47 PM
maybe this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~1979~598~2165~70~2184&teams=14~14~14~28~28~28&te=&cash=

the number 17 pick and 2 future 1st round considerations. Also, this would leave the raps with even bigger hole at C

nads83
06-01-2008, 09:11 PM
maybe this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~1979~598~2165~70~2184&teams=14~14~14~28~28~28&te=&cash=

the number 17 pick and 2 future 1st round considerations. Also, this would leave the raps with even bigger hole at C

why wud we do this? its terrible. banks is terrible and blount is terrible.

ink
06-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Totally agree. There's no way we want Banks here. He can shoot and that's about it. That's why Phoenix were so happy to move him in the first place.

B2B
06-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Reasoning behind my trade

#1 The star mentions moving Ford for Haslem and maybe a package deal. I asked myself why do we want another PF and an undersized one at that unless there was some kind of incentive.

#2 Doug Smith Q&A guy asks if we will make a trade. Smith replies "I guarantee BC will look to trade up in the draft with a package of Rasho, Parker, Ford and the 17th.

#3 A Jersey article states the Heat want to dump the contracts of Marcus Banks and Mark Blount.

Funny how Smith's guaranteed package fits with the players mentioned in the Star & Net article. The trade works financially when you include Haslem with Banks and Blount.

Why for Miami they move the players with bad contracts that they want to move. By moving Haslem, Marion will play PF allowind Wright to play SF clearing yet another 7 mil from the payroll in Haslem's contract. Remember Riley has expressed his interest in 2010 when James is a free agent and wants to reduce his payroll.

Why the Raps and not another team?

Rasho plays C a position of need for the Heat and is an expiring > than Blount - Heat upgrade C while removing a bad contract.
Ford plays PG which they also need > Banks allows Heat to remove Banks contract which exceeds 2010 - If Chicago selects Rose, Heat will need a PG Ford allows them to move Banks like they want while getting a good young PG in return. (Ford's contract expires in 2010).
Parker is an expiring probably just the filler in the trade though he's still serviceable.

The trade off is that we get talent for bad contracts and give Miami flexibility while filling both their positions of need.

Rasho
Marion
Wright
Wade
Ford

nads83
06-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Reasoning behind my trade

#1 The star mentions moving Ford for Haslem and maybe a package deal. I asked myself why do we want another PF and an undersized one at that unless there was some kind of incentive.

#2 Doug Smith Q&A guy asks if we will make a trade. Smith replies "I guarantee BC will look to trade up in the draft with a package of Rasho, Parker, Ford and the 17th.

#3 A Jersey article states the Heat want to dump the contracts of Marcus Banks and Mark Blount.

Funny how Smith's guaranteed package fits with the players mentioned in the Star & Net article. The trade works financially when you include Haslem with Banks and Blount.

Why for Miami they move the players with bad contracts that they want to move. By moving Haslem, Marion will play PF allowind Wright to play SF clearing yet another 7 mil from the payroll in Haslem's contract. Remember Riley has expressed his interest in 2010 when James is a free agent and wants to reduce his payroll.

Why the Raps and not another team?

Rasho plays C a position of need for the Heat and is an expiring > than Blount - Heat upgrade C while removing a bad contract.
Ford plays PG which they also need > Banks allows Heat to remove Banks contract which exceeds 2010 - If Chicago selects Rose, Heat will need a PG Ford allows them to move Banks like they want while getting a good young PG in return. (Ford's contract expires in 2010).
Parker is an expiring probably just the filler in the trade though he's still serviceable.

The trade off is that we get talent for bad contracts and give Miami flexibility while filling both their positions of need.

Rasho
Marion
Wright
Wade
Ford

we get talent? and miami jus became a better team then us. i wud be a miami fan if this happen. ford wright wade and marion...WHAT A TEAM!!!

Bob_at_york
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Totally agree. There's no way we want Banks here. He can shoot and that's about it. That's why Phoenix were so happy to move him in the first place.

Remind me... did BC sign Banks in PHX?

Meanwhile... I haven't checked out this thread in awhile. Have I missed anything?

B2B
06-01-2008, 10:15 PM
[/B]

we get talent? and miami jus became a better team then us. i wud be a miami fan if this happen. ford wright wade and marion...WHAT A TEAM!!!

Bargs/Diop/Hump/Blount
Bosh/Haslem/Garbajosa
Beasley/Moon/Kapono
Delfino/?/Ukic/
Calderon/Banks/Ukic

Bargs<Rasho
Bosh>Marion
Beasley>Wright
Delfino<Wade
Calderon=Ford

I think we both improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nads83

That would be the reason why Miami considers this trade. (Flexibility)

nads83
06-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Bargs/Diop/Hump/Blount
Bosh/Haslem/Garbajosa
Beasley/Moon/Kapono
Delfino/?/Ukic/
Calderon/Banks/Ukic

Bargs<Rasho
Bosh>Marion
Beasley>Wright
Delfino<Wade
Calderon=Ford

I think we both improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nads83

That would be the reason why Miami considers this trade. (Flexibility)

oh ok you have us recieving their pick. i dont think miami is trading the pick.

ink
06-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Remind me... did BC sign Banks in PHX?

No, it was one of D'Antoni's biggest gaffes in the one year he was GM for the Suns. He signed him, and resigned Barbosa and Diaw to big contracts. A lot of people speculate that it's the Banks signing that caused Sarver to want to replace him as GM.

B2B
06-01-2008, 11:08 PM
oh ok you have us recieving their pick. i dont think miami is trading the pick.

Did you even read my trade & reasoning?.

I based my conclusion upon several articles previously posted.

Doug Smith Guaranteed BC was going to trade up with Ford,Rasho,Parker #17

Nets article says if Heat trade pick they want to get flexibility by removing Blount & Banks contract.

Another article stated Riley is more interested in 2010 and having flexibility.

Heat need a PG
Heat need a C
Heat wants flexibility for 2010
Heat want a young player

We can satisfy all those demands

Ford
Rasho
Between Rasho & Parker we offer 12 mil in expiring and relieve bad contracts.
its a deep draft they can still get a good player on top of everything offered

I think Heat get good value.

We need the talent upgrade Calderon/Beasley/Bosh

Riley has stated he is not beyond trading the pick.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flsphyde21sbmay21,0,1487025.column

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8792

"But you have to hand it to Riley. He's not making a pick or packaging the meal ticket for next season. Nope. Instead Riley and the HEAT have their gaze set on 2010".

I'm not suggesting it's a done deal just that we seem to be good trading partners.

A4L
06-02-2008, 02:17 AM
B2B --- SOME GREAT POINTS MAN. Keep it up. Thanks for all the wonderful points, you really worked this one :) Btw, how good is this Beasly guy?

LD V2.0
06-02-2008, 07:33 AM

Doug Smith isn't a GM. A good deal might not present itself.

pebloemer
06-02-2008, 08:54 AM

Nets article says if Heat trade pick they want to get flexibility by removing Blount & Banks contract.

Heat need a PG
Heat need a C
Heat want a young player

Ford
Rasho

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flsphyde21sbmay21,0,1487025.column

"But you have to hand it to Riley. He's not making a pick or packaging the meal ticket for next season. Nope. Instead Riley and the HEAT have their gaze set on 2010".

I'm not suggesting it's a done deal just that we seem to be good trading partners.

Your logic is very good, and you make good points. I did want to point out that most of the contracts going the Heat's way expire in 2009 and most of the contracts going Toronto's way expire in 2010. The exception is Banks expires in 2011 and Ford expires in 2010. The trade gives them flexibility for 2010 yes, the most significant salary swap is for next year, not the year the Heat have their eyes on LeBron.

Please correct any mistakes with this, but the trade machine still takes into account this year in the contracts?

We are offering the Heat some flexibility, but are they just going to fill their roster with one year deals in 2009 to prepare for 2010? Or are they going to take offers from other trading partners that give them quality players that expire a year later than Rasho and Parker. Just a thought.

Mile High Champ
06-02-2008, 09:22 AM

Heat need a PG
Heat need a C
Heat want a young player

Ford
Rasho

You do make some good points and both teams get the things they are after. The problem with all of this, is the fact that the Heat are not recieving much talent. Yes the contracts and role players are appealing but the heat dont really recieve much in terms of a name or worth player of dealing the 2nd pick overall.. Aside from Riley and what is best for the team in his mind. Can you imagine the mutiny that would occur from the heat fans if they recieved this kind of a package from the raps and the heat took it. The heat fans would be left scratching their heads, wondering why Riley would trade beasley and not end up with at least Bargnani or Calderon. The money works but I don't think Riley wants to be hanged by the heat fans if he makes this kind of trade and deals beasley.

deaner
06-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Is there anyway to get that deal with Miami done without adding Parker? I've been thinking for a few days now that Beasley might really look good with the raps.... and being a raptor may be a great thing for Beasley. If the reported character issues are true, I think there's no better way to nip it in the bud that surround him with guys like Bosh, Jose, Bargs and AP. AP is probably top on that list... he would be a great mentor for the kid.

An offensive team of:

Jose
Ukic
Beasley
Bosh
Bargs

could be outstanding in a year or two. I'm not convinced about the D side of the court.

Mile High Champ
06-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Is there anyway to get that deal with Miami done without adding Parker? I've been thinking for a few days now that Beasley might really look good with the raps.... and being a raptor may be a great thing for Beasley. If the reported character issues are true, I think there's no better way to nip it in the bud that surround him with guys like Bosh, Jose, Bargs and AP. AP is probably top on that list... he would be a great mentor for the kid.

An offensive team of:

Jose
Ukic
Beasley
Bosh
Bargs

could be outstanding in a year or two. I'm not convinced about the D side of the court.

Dont want Ukic anywhere near that starting lineup... With beasley in the fold if that happens. I think moon can now be dealt.

deaner
06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Moon could be dealt yes... but more importantly Kapono could be traded. I'd rather keep Moon for his contract and D.

B2B
06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Your logic is very good, and you make good points. I did want to point out that most of the contracts going the Heat's way expire in 2009 and most of the contracts going Toronto's way expire in 2010. The exception is Banks expires in 2011 and Ford expires in 2010. The trade gives them flexibility for 2010 yes, the most significant salary swap is for next year, not the year the Heat have their eyes on LeBron.

Please correct any mistakes with this, but the trade machine still takes into account this year in the contracts?

We are offering the Heat some flexibility, but are they just going to fill their roster with one year deals in 2009 to prepare for 2010? Or are they going to take offers from other trading partners that give them quality players that expire a year later than Rasho and Parker. Just a thought.

I can't say what Riley has planned or how he will structure his contracts but Marion will be a free agent in 09 and between him Rasho and Parker that's 30 mil off the books.

Right now the Heat r -19mil cap wise
In 2009 they will be +15mil with contracts to sign

Some 2009 free agents of interest

Brand
Odom
Marion
Boozer

The Heat have expressed interest in Boozer & Brand (wish I had the article)

Who ever they sign, I would assume it would be for Max. Once again I can only speculate. Assuming Riley plays his financial cards right Heat would have
12mil + in 2010 after resigning either Marion or one of the other free agents in 09 allowing them another big free agent signing.

The ? asked is Haslem and Blount expire in 2010 for 15 mil as apposed to the 12 mil we offer. Why do the Heat do this if they want cap in 2010?.

Answer I have is it allows them to restructure their cap space for a free agent in 09 and one in 10. IF strucutured properly they can obtain both. One of the previously mentioned free agents and still organize their cap so that they will have enough for another big free agent (James,Bosh) in 10. Banks is the only contract the Heat have extending past 2010. The freedom in 2010 all comes down to how much Riley is willing to spend in 09.

Brand-Bosh-Marion
James-Odom-James
Wade-Wade-Wade

B2B
06-02-2008, 02:34 PM
You do make some good points and both teams get the things they are after. The problem with all of this, is the fact that the Heat are not recieving much talent. Yes the contracts and role players are appealing but the heat dont really recieve much in terms of a name or worth player of dealing the 2nd pick overall.. Aside from Riley and what is best for the team in his mind. Can you imagine the mutiny that would occur from the heat fans if they recieved this kind of a package from the raps and the heat took it. The heat fans would be left scratching their heads, wondering why Riley would trade beasley and not end up with at least Bargnani or Calderon. The money works but I don't think Riley wants to be hanged by the heat fans if he makes this kind of trade and deals beasley.

That's the point if the Heat wanted talent they wouldn't trade the pick.

Riley expressed interest in 2010 and the James/Bosh free agency. This trade is possible for us because we offer them the flexibility to make an immediate contender. The pick is being used to gain flexibility not talent. The talent will be bought and proven. Players want to play with Wade and in Miami, it's not a hard draw for free agents.

Heat don't want to wait for the pick to develop they want to contend now.

B2B
06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Doug Smith isn't a GM. A good deal might not present itself.

I know this but my goal was to draw attention to the collection of players he mentioned in a possible trade with other names mentioned in articles. I mean why would we want Haslem?. Who r we trading up with?. Heat want to move Blount & Banks. Why do all the names mention make a fair trade?.

Of course I'm assuming all this is possible only if Bulls take Rose if possible at all.

Mile High Champ
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
That's the point if the Heat wanted talent they wouldn't trade the pick.

Riley expressed interest in 2010 and the James/Bosh free agency. This trade is possible for us because we offer them the flexibility to make an immediate contender. The pick is being used to gain flexibility not talent. The talent will be bought and proven. Players want to play with Wade and in Miami, it's not a hard draw for free agents.

Heat don't want to wait for the pick to develop they want to contend now.

I have yet to hear Riley say that he wants to win now. I think your jumping the gun here in regard to Rileys intentions. They are only going to trade Beasley if they get some real value and players who can come in now and be a factor.

Bob_at_york
06-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I was just reading an article in the Detroit news and they mentioned how Jason Richardson might not be a good fit with the Bobcats new coach, Larry Brown. I thought to myself who from the Raptors could be considered a Larry Brown player? I thought of a trade like this:

Rasho, Parker, 2009 1st rounder.

FOR

Richardson

What do you think of this trade?

DaoudS
06-02-2008, 03:56 PM
i'd love Richardson. Explosive, can drive to the hoop but defensive could be an issue

JermanJaysFan
06-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I was just reading an article in the Detroit news and they mentioned how Jason Richardson might not be a good fit with the Bobcats new coach, Larry Brown. I thought to myself who from the Raptors could be considered a Larry Brown player? I thought of a trade like this:

FOR

Richardson

Great idea Bob, I like Richardson's game.

B2B
06-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I have yet to hear Riley say that he wants to win now. I think your jumping the gun here in regard to Rileys intentions. They are only going to trade Beasley if they get some real value and players who can come in now and be a factor.

"Riley – team president for the Miami HEAT - let it be known Tuesday night after the HEAT secured the second overall pick he would explore trading it".

"What I like about the opportunity now is, ever since we made the trade (Shaquille O'Neal for Shawn Marion) and went to the future, it gives us flexibility," Riley explained.

"We could be in the hunt next year for a major free agent, definitely without a doubt we are going to save the room in 2010."

Rasho & Parker 12 mil expiring in 09 combined with Marion gives them 30 mil.

Brand
Odom
Marion
Boozer

The summer of 2010 is when Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh all can become unrestricted free agents, and apparently Riley is making his move now to affect his team then.

"We are going to add to the team and stay as disciplined as we can from a cap standpoint – to get our team healthy, add a young player, add a free agent, and a mid-level guy," Riley continued. "And then in 2010 hopefully take a shot at a major and maximum free agent."

If the HEAT hold on to the second pick in the draft – regardless if they take Beasley, Rose or fill-in-the-blank - can that rookie impact Miami's chances of winning now?

"They helped their teams – Memphis and Kansas State," Riley explained referring to Rose and Beasley's respective college programs. "But can they immediately help a team like ours, a team that won 15 games and change it? I don't think our team is a 15-win team, but that's how they are going to be measured.

"Can they step in like LeBron, Kevin Garnett? Can they step in like these kinds of players who were 19-years-old and help turn a franchise around?"

Being dubbed a "franchise savior" is one thing. Being a small piece to the bigger puzzle is a different story. But making the most of your pick, particularly through some wheeling and dealing could me more of a reality in Miami than anything else. Riley said he "absolutely" has no idea what he would have done had the HEAT won the lottery over the Bulls, but he did state clearly the second round pick is on the open market.

"The fact is the second pick in the draft is a pick you can leverage. If you don't like the player, if you want to go in a different direction, it's a position where you can do a lot of different things," Riley said.

"We will use the pick. It doesn't mean we will necessarily draft somebody, or we will use the pick to find as many good players as we can, or we'll take the player we really want to take."

B2B
06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
B2B --- SOME GREAT POINTS MAN. Keep it up. Thanks for all the wonderful points, you really worked this one :) Btw, how good is this Beasly guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lifPUCkqGRY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thqyAKMW0PQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLkMsbhfpYU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7k8Kzdkj00&feature=related

ink
06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Great idea Bob, I like Richardson's game.

x2 (at work, so can't really post ...)

Bob_at_york
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM

I am convinced at this point, if the bulls take Rose then Riley is trading Beasley. I have read a lot of reports about how Beasley's fun loving personality doesn't fit with Riley.

Bob_at_york
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
i'd love Richardson. Explosive, can drive to the hoop but defensive could be an issue

Defensive the move could hurt but Richardson does bring some toughness to the SG position.

B2B
06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
I am convinced at this point, if the bulls take Rose then Riley is trading Beasley. I have read a lot of reports about how Beasley's fun loving personality doesn't fit with Riley.

But if Miami drafts and keeps power forward Michael Beasley, Pat Riley faces harder decisions.

Although nothing can be assumed in free agency, an associate said Boozer -- who has a residence here -- likes Dwyane Wade and would be very receptive to Heat interest in 2009, when he is expected to opt out of his Utah contract.

Brand displayed a liking for Miami when he signed a Heat offer sheet that the Clippers matched in 2003. Brand can opt out this summer, but the Clippers do not expect that. They believe he will sign an extension or play for $16.4 million next season and become an 2009 free agent.

So if the Heat drafts and keeps Beasley, what about playing Beasley (6-9) alongside Boozer (6-8) or Brand (6-8)? One rival executive said that could work. But, ''it wouldn't be an ideal situation,'' ESPN analyst-former college coach Fran Fraschilla said. ''It would be duplicating each other in some ways.'' Beasley said he can play small forward, but ESPN's Jay Bilas said it would be a ''tougher challenge'' defensively, and Fraschilla said that's realistic only ``in bits and pieces.''

Unless Miami gets Rose or ends up with O.J. Mayo and makes him a point guard, the Heat likely will need to address point guard via trade. In addition to Toronto's T.J. Ford, one NBA person said the Heat also has indicated it likes Chicago's Kirk Hinrich.

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/553813.html

If Heat go after Boozer or Brand in 09. I can see them trading Beasley for flexibility

C ? ---------Brand----Brand----?
Brand-------Marion---Bosh-----Boozer
James------James----Marion---James
Wade-------Wade----Wade----Wade
Ford--------Ford-----Ford------Ford

Is that even possible?.

LD V2.0
06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
But Beasley is going to come at a discount until 2013, thats how long his rookie contract could last after all.

B2B
06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
But Beasley is going to come at a discount until 2013, thats how long his rookie contract could last after all.

Beasley is a discount but he is the incentive to move two bad contracts in Blount & Banks. By moving Banks contract that gives the Heat an extra 4 mil in 2010. By moving Blount their just moving a bad player not worth what he is receiving while getting flexibility to restructure their finances prior to 2010. In 09 if they get either Boozer or Brand (proven talent) while gaining flexibility by 2010 Heat will be vying for a championship.

Brand --Brand
James--Bosh
Wade--Wade
Ford ---Ford

Marion/Rasho/Parker = 30 mil off the books in 2009.

LD V2.0
06-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Beasley is a discount but he is the incentive to move two bad contracts in Blount & Banks. By moving Banks contract that gives the Heat an extra 4 mil in 2010. By moving Blount their just moving a bad player not worth what he is receiving while getting flexibility to restructure their finances prior to 2010. In 09 if they get either Boozer or Brand (proven talent) while gaining flexibility by 2010 Heat will be vying for a championship.

Brand --Brand
James--Bosh
Wade--Wade
Ford ---Ford

Marion/Rasho/Parker = 30 mil off the books in 2009.

Blount only has two seasons left on tap and Banks three. Thats not that much and its not as if they're unmovable pieces. We're talking about a little over $11 mill per year for two more years with their contracts combined and then Banks would be worth $4 mill to the team three years down the road. In my mind thats nothing and certainly not something horrible enough to use a possible future superstar to rid themselves of the contracts. Not to mention the Heat is a team thats striped pretty bare at this point. Those two guys could be solid role players in the meantime.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

raptors wiseguy
06-02-2008, 05:40 PM
do you guys think that beasly can play the 3...because if he joins the raptors theres still no chance bosh gets moved...from what i've seen he's a 3/4 but i dont know if he can guard other NBA 3's.

B2B
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
do you guys think that beasly can play the 3...because if he joins the raptors theres still no chance bosh gets moved...from what i've seen he's a 3/4 but i dont know if he can guard other NBA 3's.

I think he's like Marion with an ability to create his own shot. PF/SF Against quicker teams we could run Bosh at C and Beasley at PF.

Bosh
Beasley
Moon

Against bigger teams

Bargs
Bosh
Beasley

I think he's a good fit for us.

raptors wiseguy
06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
"It's time to move Rip Hamilton. He has the highest trade value of the veterans. He's only 30, a two-time All-Star with one of the NBA's better midrange offensive games, and he has a trade-friendly contract -- two more years at $21 million total."

would the raptors be interested in acquiring rip?

hes a 20 pt scorer and has tons of experience...he may be old but hes a definite upgrade at the 2

the article says they will look 4 young players in return so how abt...
moon
rasho(exp)
08' 1st rounder
for
rip hamilton
08'1st rounder

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080601/SPORTS03/306010013/1051

nads83
06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
ive mentioned this b4. wonder what you guys think now.

2nd rd pick

for

jj redick

DaoudS
06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
nah, you can get shooters that even go undrafted. I like redick but he is nothing more than a role player and jump shooter

B2B
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Blount only has two seasons left on tap and Banks three. Thats not that much and its not as if they're unmovable pieces. We're talking about a little over $11 mill per year for two more years with their contracts combined and then Banks would be worth $4 mill to the team three years down the road. In my mind thats nothing and certainly not something horrible enough to use a possible future superstar to rid themselves of the contracts. Not to mention the Heat is a team thats striped pretty bare at this point. Those two guys could be solid role players in the meantime.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

"if the Heat were willing to trade away their #2 pick. According to the Herald, the Heat want to dump the contracts of Marcus Banks and Mark Blount. They would also want the Nets’ two first rounders."

B2B
06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
"It's time to move Rip Hamilton. He has the highest trade value of the veterans. He's only 30, a two-time All-Star with one of the NBA's better midrange offensive games, and he has a trade-friendly contract -- two more years at $21 million total."

would the raptors be interested in acquiring rip?

hes a 20 pt scorer and has tons of experience...he may be old but hes a definite upgrade at the 2

the article says they will look 4 young players in return so how abt...
moon
rasho(exp)
08' 1st rounder
for
rip hamilton
08'1st rounder

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080601/SPORTS03/306010013/1051

I like Rip but He doesn't bring what this team needs which is some toughness, rebounding and someone who can just plain make his way to the hoop. In my opinion he's redundant we have alot of jump shooters already, although he's good at what he does.

TMAC94
06-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Raptors Get:

Luther Head
Bobby jackson
2009 2nd round pick

Rockets get:

T.J Ford

Thoughts?

baileybwoy
06-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I think... you should put it in the trade idea thread.

shooterone
06-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I've stated this before, and this time it looks like Tj would be a good fit for sacramento, an article in hoopshype mentioned a straight up trade Tj for Artest, come on raps fans jump on this band wagon we need Artest in a raps uni, he is everything the raps lack. 20 ppg 7-8 boards 3 steals a block hear and throw in a few assists and toughness. GET THIS GUY ON BOARD!!!!!!!!

raptors wiseguy
06-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Raptors Get:

Luther Head
Bobby jackson
2009 2nd round pick

Rockets get:

T.J Ford

Thoughts?

hell no!!!

we get 2 role players and a 2nd rounder 4 ford?

lets get real here...BC is not going to allow other teams to steal our players

raptors wiseguy
06-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I've stated this before, and this time it looks like Tj would be a good fit for sacramento, an article in hoopshype mentioned a straight up trade Tj for Artest, come on raps fans jump on this band wagon we need Artest in a raps uni, he is everything the raps lack. 20 ppg 7-8 boards 3 steals a block hear and throw in a few assists and toughness. GET THIS GUY ON BOARD!!!!!!!!

can you post a link to this article?

this is interesting..i would trade Tj 4 artest straight up

this would leave BC many other options and he could possibly land another piece as well

shooterone
06-02-2008, 08:03 PM
sorry I'm not good on computers but thats the website hope it works for you. It lists several teams that may be interested in ford and what could be had in return

raptors_fanatic
06-02-2008, 08:27 PM

FOR

Richardson

WOAH! y would charlotte do this, because of expiring contracts?!?! i think j-rich's value is much higher than this...and if his name was on the market alot of teams would put together way better offers 4 him + expiring contracts.....i dun understand y charlotte would do this trade, i knw they're rebuilding but they dun need expiring contracts for star players......

nads83
06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
WOAH! y would charlotte do this, because of expiring contracts?!?! i think j-rich's value is much higher than this...and if his name was on the market alot of teams would put together way better offers 4 him + expiring contracts.....i dun understand y charlotte would do this trade, i knw they're rebuilding but they dun need expiring contracts for star players......

jrich is overpaid and with wallace morrison carrol and dudley its concievable that bobcats wud want to move him and spend their money else where.

raptors wiseguy
06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
jrich is overpaid and with wallace morrison carrol and dudley its concievable that bobcats wud want to move him and spend their money else where.

j-rich is arguably the best player of that group and even if hes overpaid...on the open market there will be much better offers 4 j-rich than rasho-parker and a 1st rounder

many teams would love 2 have an athletic swingman who can shoot the ball and create hes own shot...IMO they could put together much better pkgs involving young player/ draft picks with expirings

nads83
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
j-rich is arguably the best player of that group and even if hes overpaid...on the open market there will be much better offers 4 j-rich than rasho-parker and a 1st rounder

many teams would love 2 have an athletic swingman who can shoot the ball and create hes own shot...IMO they could put together much better pkgs involving young player/ draft picks with expirings

i agree. itll take more then that package. but they have wallace who's the exact same player. bobcats wud be better served with a sharpshooter like kapono and one of either wallace/j.r. along with better role players. morrison carrol and dudley wont cut it for them. they need to get rid of j.rich and spend the money on a better bench.

nads83
06-02-2008, 09:58 PM
kapono
rasho
baston
17th pick
09 1st rder

for

jrich
n.mohammad

hows this?

nads83
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
somehow package ford for artest and we have...

calderon/ukic
j-rich/delfino
artest/moon
bosh/hump/garbo
mohammad/bargs

nads83
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
pipe dream i guess

Bob_at_york
06-02-2008, 11:36 PM
WOAH! y would charlotte do this, because of expiring contracts?!?!

First a link to the rumour that JRich is not a "Larry Brown" player:

Would Dumars call his buddy Michael Jordan in Charlotte and try to work a deal for Jason Richardson, who is going to, most likely, chafe under the constraints of Larry Brown's offense? Would Dumars call and offer Wallace and others in exchange for Richardson and Emeka Okafor?

Link: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080602/SPORTS0102/806020370/1004/SPORTS

That is where this idea originally came from. So I then asked myself who from our roster could be considered a Larry Brown player? I thought AP and Rasho would fit in with their defensive intensity and if they don't work out then it isn't a long commitment.

i think j-rich's value is much higher than this...and if his name was on the market alot of teams would put together way better offers 4 him + expiring contracts.....i dun understand y charlotte would do this trade, i knw they're rebuilding but they dun need expiring contracts for star players......
I disagree with your assessment about Charlotte. They aren't rebuilding anymore (technically since they have never had anything built then they can't re-build), they built their team last offseason. They planned on making the playoffs. They have fallen short. They are at a crossroads. They could rebuild or try to take yet another step forward. I think the suggestion I made allows them to move in EITHER direction. And yes they could get better offers from other teams but I think the one I suggested was a good one.

A4L
06-03-2008, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lifPUCkqGRY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thqyAKMW0PQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLkMsbhfpYU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7k8Kzdkj00&feature=related

Thanks man. Heck of a player. I hope we get this guy :)

LD V2.0
06-03-2008, 07:27 AM

I'm not arguing that moving bad contracts isn't going to be a factor. My problem is that I think it will be an afterthought. As in not a primary objective. Teams don't usually deal possible superstars in cost cutting measures. Teams can get burned for decades for doing that.

I mean if the Heat were out to cut costs why not just talk with the Knicks? They have 20 mill being freed up this next off-season and they have the 6th overall pick in the draft.

Mile High Champ
06-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Defensive the move could hurt but Richardson does bring some toughness to the SG position.

Its not a bad idea but I do think maggette could be had for a cheaper price tag. Maybe just ford for maggette. I think Richardson costs more than what you have suggested.

Mile High Champ
06-03-2008, 08:56 AM
But if Miami drafts and keeps power forward Michael Beasley, Pat Riley faces harder decisions.

Although nothing can be assumed in free agency, an associate said Boozer -- who has a residence here -- likes Dwyane Wade and would be very receptive to Heat interest in 2009, when he is expected to opt out of his Utah contract.

Brand displayed a liking for Miami when he signed a Heat offer sheet that the Clippers matched in 2003. Brand can opt out this summer, but the Clippers do not expect that. They believe he will sign an extension or play for $16.4 million next season and become an 2009 free agent.

So if the Heat drafts and keeps Beasley, what about playing Beasley (6-9) alongside Boozer (6-8) or Brand (6-8)? One rival executive said that could work. But, ''it wouldn't be an ideal situation,'' ESPN analyst-former college coach Fran Fraschilla said. ''It would be duplicating each other in some ways.'' Beasley said he can play small forward, but ESPN's Jay Bilas said it would be a ''tougher challenge'' defensively, and Fraschilla said that's realistic only ``in bits and pieces.''

Unless Miami gets Rose or ends up with O.J. Mayo and makes him a point guard, the Heat likely will need to address point guard via trade. In addition to Toronto's T.J. Ford, one NBA person said the Heat also has indicated it likes Chicago's Kirk Hinrich.

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/553813.html

If Heat go after Boozer or Brand in 09. I can see them trading Beasley for flexibility

C ? ---------Brand----Brand----?
Brand-------Marion---Bosh-----Boozer
James------James----Marion---James
Wade-------Wade----Wade----Wade
Ford--------Ford-----Ford------Ford

Is that even possible?.

The problem is that you just dont know. The story coming out today is that the heat may deal dwayne wade. If that is the case, that would mean the team is rebuilding and wont trade the 2nd overall pick. Maybe the heat get the first and second picks overal.. Imagine if that happened. All im saying is that you are jumping the gun and there is no clear indication of Pat Riley's intentions when reports like these come out.;

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8926

DaoudS
06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
The problem is that you just dont know. The story coming out today is that the heat may deal dwayne wade. If that is the case, that would mean the team is rebuilding and wont trade the 2nd overall pick. Maybe the heat get the first and second picks overal.. Imagine if that happened. All im saying is that you are jumping the gun and there is no clear indication of Pat Riley's intentions when reports like these come out.;

yeah and i also found it interesting that the pacers GM might not be too excited about Granger's future

Bob_at_york
06-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Its not a bad idea but I do think maggette could be had for a cheaper price tag. Maybe just ford for maggette. I think Richardson costs more than what you have suggested.

but of course Maggette is a FA so we would need to convince him to come here. That complicates things A LOT.

Mile High Champ
06-03-2008, 10:28 AM
but of course Maggette is a FA so we would need to convince him to come here. That complicates things A LOT.

a player option though, a sign and trade is a very strong possibility.

Bob_at_york
06-03-2008, 10:29 AM
a player option though, a sign and trade is a very strong possibility.
Yes, a S&T is a strong possibility but with all the teams that will be bidding for his services, I don't know if we would be his first choice.

Mile High Champ
06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes, a S&T is a strong possibility but with all the teams that will be bidding for his services, I don't know if we would be his first choice.

Dont get me wrong Bob, I would love to get J-Rich, much more then maggette but I think maggette may just end up being a much cheaper option. I think maggettte would welcome toronto, great pg to get him the ball, legit 2nd option behind bosh. Maggette knows he will never be the guy but he could have that sidekick role to the superstar...

LD V2.0
06-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Speaking of Wade, here's a question for you all. What would you give up for D-Wade? Keep in mind that Bosh would almost certainly have to be involved.

Dont get me wrong Bob, I would love to get J-Rich, much more then maggette but I think maggette may just end up being a much cheaper option. I think maggettte would welcome toronto, great pg to get him the ball, legit 2nd option behind bosh. Maggette knows he will never be the guy but he could have that sidekick role to the superstar...

Okafor, Wallace and Richardson are a great core group. I'm not even sure the Bobcats would want to consider moving him for what the Raptors would offer.

Bob_at_york
06-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Maggette knows he will never be the guy but he could have that sidekick role to the superstar...
are you sure about that? I am not convinced that Maggette has accepted the fact that he is the sidekick.

LD V2.0
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I think Maggette's problem was that he felt they weren't using him as a major contributor. He was more like a super talented role player. He would be used far differently in Toronto. I think he would enjoy playing here.

Bob_at_york
06-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Speaking of Wade, here's a question for you all. What would you give up for D-Wade? Keep in mind that Bosh would almost certainly have to be involved.
Not interested.

Okafor, Wallace and Richardson are a great core group. I'm not even sure the Bobcats would want to consider moving him for what the Raptors would offer.
I don't know about that. That core didn't get them to the playoffs this year and with the way they are paying guys, they are going to be hitting on the luxury cap soon and yet they still might not make the playoffs.

LD V2.0
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
It was only year 1 of the "new core". We of all people should be able to appreciate the fact that drastic changes from year to year isn't the norm of the NBA. They're not going to tear it down after one season. I think they're only a couple players away from being very relevant in the east; as in their 9th overall draft pick and the MLE. They're more than fine financially:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/charlotte.htm

Mile High Champ
06-03-2008, 12:05 PM
are you sure about that? I am not convinced that Maggette has accepted the fact that he is the sidekick.

I really think he has. I think he just became frustrated when he lost shots to tim thomas, mobley, kaman etc. I think Maggette would be very comfortable being beside Bosh. They play such diffrent styles of basketball, I think they would compliment each other nicely.

D.Pumps
06-03-2008, 12:09 PM
The Best Scenario would come in a couple trades. DJ Augustin is moving up on the draft charts since it looks like Minn will look at O.J. Mayo. So IND will still need a PG.

T.O IND
Ford for Foster, Diener , 11th Pick

T.O NYK
Rasho, 11th pick for 6th Pick, Q-Rich

T.O MIL
Garbo, Graham, Parker, Baston for Redd

IND gets a PG. Diener is in there because it makes the contracts match up. NYK would gladly move back in the draft to dump a bad contract. And MIL wants to get rid of Redd and wants a salary dump as well. There even was an article that said they are unhappy with Redd.

So here it is

C Foster Bargnani
PF Bosh 17th Pick Humphries
SF 6th Pick Kapono Moon
PG Calderon Ukic Diener
SG Redd Delfino

6th pick would be Gallinari because, well he's italian and a SF
17th it would be nice to get Robin Lopez. But regardless there is a lot of god bigs in this draft.

DaoudS
06-03-2008, 12:15 PM
welcome to the forums but i am confused by your trade breakdown.

Bob_at_york
06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
It was only year 1 of the "new core". We of all people should be able to appreciate the fact that drastic changes from year to year isn't the norm of the NBA. They're not going to tear it down after one season. I think they're only a couple players away from being very relevant in the east; as in their 9th overall draft pick and the MLE. They're more than fine financially:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/charlotte.htm

Bad example with hoopshype. add up all the numbers in hoopshype and you will find the contracts for next season without Carroll or Okafor equal 39 mil. Carroll costs around 5 mil next season and Okafor is looking for around 10 mil. That puts them up around the cap. Then next summer they have to re-sign Felton and have only May expiring. I am telling you they will be up around 65 mil before they know it.

Also don't forget the main thrust of this suggestion, will JRich be able to work with Larry Brown?

Bob_at_york
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
The Best Scenario would come in a couple trades. DJ Augustin is moving up on the draft charts since it looks like Minn will look at O.J. Mayo. So IND will still need a PG.

T.O IND
Ford for Foster, Diener , 11th Pick
I think if the Pacers are keeping any PG then it is Diener.

T.O NYK
An interesting suggestion.

T.O MIL
Garbo, Graham, Parker, Baston for Redd
I don't see the Bucks agreeing to this. You are giving them no prospects at all.

Mile High Champ
06-03-2008, 01:20 PM

T.O IND
Ford for Foster, Diener , 11th Pick .

Not going to happen. The pacers are rebuilding. They want to keep that pick and there is no indciation that they plan to trade the pick unless it is to move up in the draft. Plus they would still have to get rid of tinsley to make room for ford. I dont think the salaries match either.

T.O NYK

I dont think rasho is going to inspire the knicks to trade 5 picks down. I think it is all wishfull thinking.

T.O MIL
Garbo, Graham, Parker, Baston for Redd .

Not a chance, the Bucks get no talent what so ever in this deal. Nothing to use and build around. They will probably deal redd but they are not going to be stupid like Babcock was with carter and just give him away.

mpickup
06-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Redd is so very appealing.....but I can't quite figure exactly what Milwaukee would want from us....they have Mo Williams and a budding backup in Sessions.....young bigs in Bogut, Yi and Charlie V.....their weaknesses is the SF (and SG if they deal Redd)... i don't think any of our wings will be attractive to the Bucks, so we'd have to find a 3-way (meow) and involve a team needing a PG + cap relief, and with excessive #'s of wingmen

Denver? G-state? indiana?

B2B
06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm not arguing that moving bad contracts isn't going to be a factor. My problem is that I think it will be an afterthought. As in not a primary objective. Teams don't usually deal possible superstars in cost cutting measures. Teams can get burned for decades for doing that.

I mean if the Heat were out to cut costs why not just talk with the Knicks? They have 20 mill being freed up this next off-season and they have the 6th overall pick in the draft.

Besides the expirings the Heat r weak at C and PG, I'm not saying were the only possibilities for them but we r one of them as we can give them:

A C in Rasho
A PG in Ford
A solid player in Parker
#17 to go along with the expirings

Some may disagree but that's a solid package.

The knicks expirings

Renaldo Balkman $1,280,640 2
Wilson Chandler $1,091,640 2
Mardy Collins $967,320 2
Jamal Crawford $7,920,000 4
Eddy Curry $8,947,543 3
Jerome James $5,800,000 2
Jared Jeffries $5,632,200 4
Fred Jones (TR) $3,300,000 1
David Lee $990,600 2
Stephon Marbury (TR) $19,012,500 2
Randolph Morris (TR) $810,000 1
Zach Randolph $13,333,333 4
Quentin Richardson $8,105,500 3
Nate Robinson $1,268,160 2
Malik Rose $7,101,250 2

Getting a C & PG + expirings from the Knicks

Eddy Curry - 8,947,543
Marbury - 19,012,500

Thats 28 mil

Haslem
Blount
Banks
= 20 mil

they would have to trade more players to make salaries match not to mention Curry & Marbury aren't the most desireable players to be had. You may say there r other contracts that r more reasonable and yes there r but not at C & PG.

Comparison

Rasho or Curry
Ford or Marbury
Parker or #6

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1979~598~635~2165~70~2184&teams=14~14~14~28~28~28&te=&cash=

Our trade is legal, fills the Heats positions of need and r character players.

Lets say for argument sake the Knicks offer a {Curry & Lee + 6} for {Blount Banks + 2}

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=990~2772~2165~70&teams=14~14~18~18&te=&cash=

Thats the best offer I can come up with Heat r still missing a PG.

Curry
Lee
Marion
Wade
? Bayless #6

Rasho Robin L #17
Marion
Wright James in 2010
Wade
Ford

Knicks

Randolf
Beasley #2
Q Rich
Crawford
Robinson

B2B
06-03-2008, 02:44 PM

What I did was put together a trade based on articles posted. By no means did I suggest it was definitely going to happen. I'm not suggesting it's a done deal just one of many possible scenario's that make sence. None know riley's intentions but from the hoops hype article he mentioned flexibilty as one of the options he is willing to explore, doesn't mean it will happen but it's a possibility.

Fion
06-03-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/428481

a suggestion in the toronto star that miami might be looking at a good PG since its possible rose will be taken by the bulls. Some talk of an effort to pawn TJ ford for Haslem, and obvioulsy something else.

Bob_at_york
06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/428481

a suggestion in the toronto star that miami might be looking at a good PG since its possible rose will be taken by the bulls. Some talk of an effort to pawn TJ ford for Haslem, and obvioulsy something else.

damn that story is old.

D.Pumps
06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Im not sure what Indy feels about diener but it doesnt matter he was just so the salaries matched. Which they do by the way. But they could wait until the draft is over and trade for the rights of the player. Which would then match salaries. The only problem is, it makes trading up with New york harder, but not impossible.

New York doesnt want Rasho because he's Rasho they want him because he's expiring and Q Rich isnt. Plus there isnt anyone it seems D'Antonio is in love with at the 6th.

And all the Expiring Contract for Redd. You could trade Parker for Kapono in there. But If you look at all the things said about Mil they just want to get rid of Redd. And taking no bad contacts back on a 16 million dollar player isnt easy to do. Maybe ad a lottery protected first rounder if you really want to so u can sleep better at night.