PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone rather trade the #1 pick and 1 Core Member for Al Jefferson?

JordansBulls
05-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Al Jefferson is only 23 years old and he averaged 21 and 11 last year on 50%.

Would anyone rather trade the #1 pick and 1 Core Member for Al Jefferson?

I'm not saying that it would happen, but would you even try to do a deal like that?

Thoughts!!!

violetuniverse
05-21-2008, 11:14 AM
no.

canigetawitness
05-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Uh, no.

rico
05-21-2008, 11:58 AM
noway. i like al a lot, but i really like rose. i would only want to trade that pick to someone for like kobe/lebron/wade/cp3/duncan like player..

ugotpitsnoggled
05-21-2008, 12:19 PM
i would if we got another small piece in return w/ him like their draft pick next year b/c that way we could get another lottery pick and have a beast in jefferson

JordansBulls
05-21-2008, 12:21 PM
What if the core member is Larry Hughes?

Meaning our lineup looks like this next year.

PG Hinrich/Duhon
SG Gordon/Thabo
SF Deng/Nocioni
PF Al Jefferson/Gooden
C Noah/Gray

Draco
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Personally, I wouldn't trade out of the top 2 for Jefferson and that goes for last year's draft too.

Max Power
05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Beasily will be better than Jefferson, if he isn't all ready. And Rose is a PG, so why compare?
So, no.

Max Power
05-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Personally, I wouldn't trade out of the top 2 for Jefferson and that goes for last year's draft too.

Well yeah, considering last year's draft was better.

JordansBulls
05-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I brought this up because this pick was not something we thought we really would get. Imagine getting a 23 year old who already gives you 20+ ppg and 10+ rebounds and shoots 50%. That is what we have needed for a while and we still could make a trade to bring in another star that is young like Melo or Arenas.

violetuniverse
05-21-2008, 12:42 PM
nah...im not cool w this idea...if this was the case experts would see this as well

canigetawitness
05-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I brought this up because this pick was not something we thought we really would get. Imagine getting a 23 year old who already gives you 20+ ppg and 10+ rebounds and shoots 50%. That is what we have needed for a while and we still could make a trade to bring in another star that is young like Melo or Arenas.

You haven't been paying attention? The players themselves want Arenas back in Washington. We're NOT getting Arenas. Melo neither.

Scoot26
05-21-2008, 12:44 PM
No.

I think Beasley will already put up better numbers than Al Jefferson ..and Jefferson got those numbers playing for the crappy Minnesota TWolves. Can Al still do that here? Sure why not, but I dont think you trade out of a #1 pick for a veteran....the #1 pick has only been traded for another player once (I believe) without anything else in return (minus the cash)...and it was the Sixers trading the pick to Cleveland in exchange for Roy Hinson and cash....Who the hell is Roy Hinson?

Simply put, I dont believe you trade the #1 pick unless its a trade down deal and you want to get two young guys instead of one....

The only other instance I can think of the #1 pick being traded is in 1980 when the Celtics got the #1 pick and traded it (and the #13 pick) to the Golden State Warriors for Robert Parish and the #3 pick (Kevin McHale) and the Celtics went on to win 3 titles...If the TWolves want to give us their pick too (which is #3)..well then maybe i'd go for the deal because we could draft Brook Lopez (could fill out great center need) and have a force of Lopez and Jefferson in the front court.

canigetawitness
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
No.

I think Beasley will already put up better numbers than Al Jefferson ..and Jefferson got those numbers playing for the crappy Minnesota TWolves. Can Al still do that here? Sure why not, but I dont think you trade out of a #1 pick for a veteran....the #1 pick has only been traded for another player once (I believe) without anything else in return (minus the cash)...and it was the Sixers trading the pick to Cleveland in exchange for Roy Hinson and cash....Who the hell is Roy Hinson?

Simply put, I dont believe you trade the #1 pick unless its a trade down deal and you want to get two young guys instead of one....

The only other instance I can think of the #1 pick being traded is in 1980 when the Celtics got the #1 pick and traded it (and the #13 pick) to the Golden State Warriors for Robert Parish and the #3 pick (Kevin McHale) and the Celtics went on to win 3 titles...If the TWolves want to give us their pick too (which is #3)..well then maybe i'd go for the deal because we could draft Brook Lopez (could fill out great center need) and have a force of Lopez and Jefferson in the front court.

:clap:

Mr. Beer
05-21-2008, 01:06 PM
#3 (lopez) and Jefferson for #1 and hughes. It would free up cap space for a FA too

violetuniverse
05-21-2008, 01:09 PM
#3 (lopez) and Jefferson for #1 and hughes. It would free up cap space for a FA too

why lopez. ew.

Noreaga
05-21-2008, 01:26 PM
noway. i like al a lot, but i really like rose. i would only want to trade that pick to someone for like kobe/lebron/wade/cp3/duncan like player..

i wouldnt do it for wade cuz he's had that injury bug and duncan is too old now....

Noreaga
05-21-2008, 01:29 PM

that my friend would be beautiful!

DamnGoat
05-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Good chance both of these players are better at their positions than Jefferson is at his.

I think Jefferson's very good too, but I'll take a Franchise PG or Franchise PF to build around over him.

boolish
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
you don't deal #1 picks.

KH12
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Hells no. If we had the #2 pick which would be Beasley, then possibly if they gave us another good player and took Hughes on.

futureman
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I would hope your FO has learned it's lesson from trading away elton brand. You guys would have to take Rose over Beasley because right now it's a point guards game. This isn't like the Jordan era where point guards werent necessary. If Rose is a proper point guard and makes his team better wou will be a playoff team next year for sure.

JordansBulls
05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
I would hope your FO has learned it's lesson from trading away elton brand. You guys would have to take Rose over Beasley because right now it's a point guards game. This isn't like the Jordan era where point guards werent necessary. If Rose is a proper point guard and makes his team better wou will be a playoff team next year for sure.

No it is not. You still win titles with dominant big men. Only the 2004 Pistons have won a title since the Bulls in 1998 where the team didn't have Shaq or Duncan on it.

BirmBaron#45
05-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Here's the problem, free agency starts July 1st, after the draft. So you would have to pick a player then trade him later. I doubt Pax would do that, when you can pick Rose, be satisfied and then possibly sign Elton Brand if he opts out. Too many possibilities for this pick to be traded before the draft unless a blockbuster deal is offered to the Bulls. Melo does not equal blockbuster either. I can only see Wade or Lebron and we know the chances of that happening...1.7% :D

root21
05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
I wounldn't trade the #1 pick for any two players on Minny. DRose is going to make Deron Williams look silly...Just wait

Turtle55
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I say no, I think Jefferson is a beast and would love to have him but he's not a face of the franchise type player. Beasley or Rose either one could be that type of guy. We haven't had one since Jordan and this is our shot.

97'bulls
05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Are You ****ing Crazy!? Get The **** Outta Da Bulls Forum

mister freeze
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM

Wow thats tough...:eyebrow:

Lu's Dynasty
05-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Who trades the #1 pick in the draft? We would be getting ripped off. Jefferson is good and will be very good, but is he a dominant big man? The #1 AND something else? What did Jefferson do for the Wolves that was so special? Our team might be better than the Wolves, but it is not like Jefferson takes us to the Finals. The #1 pick deserves more value than this despite Jefferson's talent and our need for post scoring.

WSU Tony
12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Quality bigs > Quality smalls.

kozelkid
12-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Quality bigs > Quality smalls.

(a) why post in a thread that was made 6 months ago?
(b) That is the most cliched and one of the most incorrect quote. Blazers and rockets followed it, and guess what they both missed on the greatest player of all time.
(c) I think as of now you'd have to be crazy to trade rose for AJ. AJ can very well be a top 5 pf in the league, but in all reality pg is generally more valuable position than any beside center unles your name is lebron james and btw AJ isnt a center.

KH12
12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Boo on you: JordansBulls, MassoDio, Mr. Beer, ugotpitsnoggled, ugottabjoshinme

xxdc2tegxx
12-11-2008, 01:28 AM
its just hypothetical people...Im pretty sure -"the majority" of us BEFORE THE draft did not think as highly of Derrick Rose as we do now

come on...he didn't even play a single game yet. Ive always been a fan...even since his hs years but people gotta admit--we werent 100% sold that we was gonna this good. Have this kind of impact--be that franchise player that teams would build around

KH12
12-11-2008, 01:34 AM
79% did.

BowDown
12-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Are you guys serious? The question is a CORE player... that doesn't mean Rose. I would trade Thomas, Noah, Gooden and next years no. 1 for Jefferson.

PG Rose/ Hunter
SG Gordon/ Sefolosha
SF Deng/ Nocioni
PF Jefferson/ Simmons
C Gray/ ANYONE
BENCH Hinrich, Hughes

Raoul Duke_91
12-11-2008, 03:23 AM
wow im stupid I read that way wrong I took it as the first round pick for this coming draft and a core player...I was like umm hell fkn yes haha but No id rather have Rose Im only 20 and I didnt see much of the early Jordan years and subsequently have never seen a superstar develop on the Bulls and I am genuinly excited to see what becomes of D.R.1 so no I wouldent trade him.

DeShaun Brown
12-11-2008, 03:33 AM
If by #1 pick you mean #1 overall in the entire draft and a core player, then the answer is definitely no. But, if you mean #1 as in the Bulls first round pick the n yes with some stipulations. First of all, the pick would have to be top three protected, meaning if we somehow end up with one of the top three picks then we keep it. Secondly, it depends on who this "core" player is. I wouldn't give up Deng or Gordon and our 1st rounder but if that "core" player is Gooden then I would make that deal any day. The problem is that the Wolves wouldn't.

JHBulls
12-11-2008, 06:05 AM
The thread was started on May 21st after we won the lottery.

JB's question was:

Would anyone rather trade the #1 pick and 1 Core Member for Al Jefferson? Now since he started the thread after we won the lottery im pretty sure he meant our number 1 this year and not just a random number 1 pick like in 2009.

Knowing that, hell no. You build your team around your PG and what good is Al Jefferson if Hinrich is our starting PG and a hack?

Kyben36
12-11-2008, 08:39 AM
If next years pick. Id say Id rather have Kaman. But yes. If Rose's pick than no.

kozelkid
12-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Are you guys serious? The question is a CORE player... that doesn't mean Rose. I would trade Thomas, Noah, Gooden and next years no. 1 for Jefferson.

PG Rose/ Hunter
SG Gordon/ Sefolosha
SF Deng/ Nocioni
PF Jefferson/ Simmons
C Gray/ ANYONE
BENCH Hinrich, Hughes

no, read the question, and the DATE it was made in. not mention it's called THE #1 pick. Basically rose plus core player for AJ at that time. I'd think anyone would be insane to do that trade. not to mention I really can't see how thomas or noah are core players. at this point only core players are really rose/gordon/deng and maybe gooden and hinrich.

tduncanspeaks
12-11-2008, 09:29 AM
He is Zack without the background
Zero defense and can't run the floor with Rose

ackar
12-11-2008, 09:56 AM
h you meant the 1 from last year hell no i thoguht u meant the upcoming after this present season.

The Smurf
12-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Beasily will be better than Jefferson, if he isn't all ready. And Rose is a PG, so why compare?
So, no.

Beasley already better than AJ????? That is nonsense.

MDD
12-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I would trade Kirk and #1pick for al jefferson

KH12
12-11-2008, 10:44 AM
and Minnesota would laugh their *** off at that offer.

JordansBulls
12-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Who bumped this?

The question now is silly because it would mean Rose and either Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni or Deng for Jefferson.

Only thing that makes sense is Rose for Jefferson, but Jefferson could be the same type of player that Elton Brand and Zach Randolph is and that is a player that puts up good numbers and pats his stats but doesnt succeed or can lead a team to the playoffs. And I am basing this on how I see Minny this year even though they have a solid cast.

No thanks.

Blue Tiger
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't because Al Jefferson isn't good enough for that trade.

jon-jon
12-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Deng and next year's 1st round pick for Al Jefferson.

MGB
12-13-2008, 05:21 PM
lol I saw this and thought it was next year's 1st and a core player... I was like hell, I'd trade 2 core players and next year's 1st for AJ!