PDA

View Full Version : What is going to be the best new MLB Ballpark/Renovations?

Cullksinikers
05-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Citi Field
New Yankee Stadium
Twins Ballpark
Marlins Future Park (no official renovation plan)
Kauffman Stadium Renovations
Cisco Field
Rays Ballpark
Dodger Stadium: 50 Years Plan
Pics: http://stadiumpage.com/(GO to Models & Drawings Pic and click it)

Cullksinikers
05-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm liking the Rays new ballpark, that will be awesome.

letsgofish
05-15-2008, 09:13 PM
i think the rays ballpark looks dumb. it looks like a minor league stadium. i am going to like the marlins new one. it is going to look like a cross of minute maid and nationals park from what im hearing. citi field looks nice too

mattz1212
05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Citi Field- Looks like it is going to be very nice.
New Yankee Stadium- Looks like a newer version of the old ballpark which is cool.
Twins Ballpark- I LOVE the design, but an outdoor park is incredibly idiotic.
Cisco Field- Looks like the nicest design out of all of them, the two-way video board in CF is insanely sick. I can not wait for that one. The pool area is a nice touch.
Tampa Bay Stadium- The design looks kind of cool, I like the beach out in RF but I agree its structured kind of weird and looks like a minor league stadium some.

EDIT: Skipped over the Marlins, exterior reminds me a lot of a newer Chase Field.

ThisIsTheYear
05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
The new Marlins park looks great.

letsgofish
05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
i hate the new marlins park because it just got an hour further away from me

letsgofish
05-15-2008, 09:53 PM
wooooooooooo. i just saw oaklands and i love it. especially the play area with the big screan tv. amazing. that is beautiful. idk about the malrins yet because the model hasnt been put out yet. that comes n the summer

Twins Fan 7
05-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Citi Field- Looks like it is going to be very nice.
New Yankee Stadium- Looks like a newer version of the old ballpark which is cool.
Twins Ballpark- I LOVE the design, but an outdoor park is incredibly idiotic.
Cisco Field- Looks like the nicest design out of all of them, the two-way video board in CF is insanely sick. I can not wait for that one. The pool area is a nice touch.
Tampa Bay Stadium- The design looks kind of cool, I like the beach out in RF but I agree its structured kind of weird and looks like a minor league stadium some.

EDIT: Skipped over the Marlins, exterior reminds me a lot of a newer Chase Field.

Sure it's going to be cold and probably a little snowy in April, but once May comes around its going to be very nice and in July it will be very hot. And also they are talking about putting in heated seats. But seriously I have absolutely no reasoning on why there isn't going to be a retractable roof. The Pohlad's are the richest owners in baseball, but they are cheapskates!!!

bosox3431
05-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Marlins stadium looks really cool

mexican dodger
05-16-2008, 01:01 AM
the dodger renovation is going to be great!

http://cbs2.com/sports/dodgers/Dodger.Stadium.Los.2.707798.html

redbird89
05-16-2008, 01:12 AM
The open stadium in Minnesota makes no sense to me either.

They'd better spend the first month of their season on the road. Otherwise they'll get snowed out!

And, if they won't pay for a retractable roof, why would they pay for heated seats?

GHGHCP
05-16-2008, 01:35 AM
The open stadium in Minnesota makes no sense to me either.

They'd better spend the first month of their season on the road. Otherwise they'll get snowed out!

And, if they won't pay for a retractable roof, why would they pay for heated seats?

So they can electrocute fans on those snowy and rained on days? :D

Gigantes4Life
05-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Cisco Field looks nice for the A's, especially if it looks like that. I'll be paying attention to that since it's much closer to me than AT&T. I'll definitely be going to some games there.

nyyfan4life
05-16-2008, 01:48 AM
The new YS will be crazy. Its going to be huge compared to every other stadium.

I like Cisco Field also. Its a very good looking ballpark.

nyyfan4life
05-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Also the Twins stadium looks pretty big. Wonder how many poeple it will seat.

abe_froman
05-16-2008, 01:54 AM
the rays does look alittle minor league,though it is a major upgrade from the current.like its an openness and water adjacent location(design wise)

WavelandAve
05-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Is it just me or does the Twins new ballpark look an awful lot like Jacobs/Progressive Field?

Drucifer
01-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Citi Field is looking better then Citi-Group.

IRUAM #21
01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow this thread is old.

Tekmosis
01-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Sail Stadium will be sooo Awesome!!

1908_Cubs
01-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Tampa Bay would be ******** not to go retractable roof. I heard it rains in Florida sometimes...

Not to mention, if you read, it says that that plan for the Rays stadium has been scrapped and are looking for alternative sites.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
citifield looks great

brandonwarne52
01-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Pretty sure the Twins stadium having a roof would have been a deal breaker.

jmaest
01-16-2009, 11:31 PM
The new Yankee Stadium rules all just because of this:

http://kotaku.com/5126652/playstation-3-invades-yankee-stadium

redbird89
01-16-2009, 11:49 PM
New Yankee Stadium had better be the best, since it's costing an arm, a leg, and 6 fingers.

redbird89
01-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Tampa Bay would be ******** not to go retractable roof. I heard it rains in Florida sometimes...

Not to mention, if you read, it says that that plan for the Rays stadium has been scrapped and are looking for alternative sites.

Like Vegas.

Run Gardner Run
01-17-2009, 12:03 AM
The new Yankee Stadium rules all just because of this:

http://kotaku.com/5126652/playstation-3-invades-yankee-stadium

Well there are 3 stadium ive been to this past year that have a room just for PS3's being the Nationals Stadium, Tropicana, and Citizens Bank.

New Yankee Stadium had better be the best, since it's costing an arm, a leg, and 6 fingers.

It will be the best, everyone is saying how everything about the new stadium is first class

Tragedy
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
New Yankee Stadium. There is a reason it's the most expensive constructed park ever.

iced_earth4
01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
The greatest ballpark renovation already happened by putting seats above the Green Monster. If anybody sat there they would agree!

Run Gardner Run
01-17-2009, 12:53 AM
The greatest ballpark renovation already happened by putting seats above the Green Monster. If anybody sat there they would agree!

Thats not new...

Lincecum4CY
01-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Citi Field
New Yankee Stadium
Twins Ballpark
Cisco Field
Rays Ballpark

I think the A's new stadium is going to be sick looking at their plans.

mnrlgry
01-17-2009, 05:28 AM
New Yankee Stadium. There is a reason it's the most expensive constructed park ever.

The Cowboys new place is supposed to come close to 1.5 billion, what does the Yankee's new place cost?!

KamdenKid09
01-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Citi Field
New Yankee Stadium
Twins Ballpark
Cisco Field
Rays Ballpark
The New Yankee Stadium. The Steinbrenner's wouldn't have it any other way

GiantYankees
01-17-2009, 09:30 AM
The Cowboys new place is supposed to come close to 1.5 billion, what does the Yankee's new place cost?!

Right now the estimate for the New Yankee Stadium is 1.3-1.6 Billion i believe, so if true the cowboys place could be more. But from what i heard the estimate for the Cowboys place was 1.3 also

KamdenKid09
01-17-2009, 09:49 AM
The new YS will be crazy. Its going to be huge compared to every other stadium.

I like Cisco Field also. Its a very good looking ballpark.
I agree that the "New" Yankee stadium will be the new cathedral of baseball; just like the old one was. How could it be any other was? As far as runners-up go, take your pick. I like oakland's and thee Kauffman renovations (not that there was not much wrong with the place in the first place; just ignored snd underrated....but having spewed all that out; the best of the retro's is still the first one; Camden Yards. I could give a whole host of reasons but the best one is NO CORPORATE NAME. #2 Babe Ruth's 'ol man's tavern is situated about where 2nd base is. #3 the old B&O Wherehouse beyond the outfield is worth the price of admission and #4, with all these new parks rushing to build a statute of their all-tima money maker i.e., hall-of-famer, Camden was satisfied with just a statue of George Herman Ruth. No Cal, No Brooks, No Boog, No Frank (Robinson), no Palmer , no Wee Willie Keeler, No John McGraw, No Earl Weaver, No Wilbert Robertson, etc etc etc. Just the hometown boy who made hot dogs and beer the staple at every MLB game.

Now....if only my team could start playing .500 ball again. (See we still have a sense of humour)

Matt-the-great
01-17-2009, 02:20 PM
- the suspended roof on the Rays field is amazing.

- Dodgers stadium reminds me of a roman coliseum

- Marlins are copying the jays

pretty cool site