PDA

View Full Version : 08-09 Scout Early Bowl Projections/BE

NY Orange
05-15-2008, 02:42 AM
St. Petersburg Bowl
Way Too Early Projection: South Florida vs. UCF
Top 5 Others Considered: 1) Cincinnati, 2) Rutgers, 3) Southern Miss, 4) Tulsa, 5) Pitt

Meineke Car Care Bowl
Way Too Early Projection: Florida State vs. Pitt
Top 5 Others Considered: 1) Miami, 2) Maryland, 3) Cincinnati, 4) Rutgers, 5) South Florida

Texas Bowl
Way Too Early Projection: Colorado vs. Rutgers
Top 5 Others Considered: 1) Cincinnati, 2) Connecticut, 3) Louisville, 4) Nebraska, 5) Oklahoma State

PapaJohnís.com Bowl
Way Too Early Projection: Cincinnati vs. Mississippi State
Top 5 Others Considered: 1) Rutgers, 2) South Carolina, 3) Alabama, 4) Connecticut, 5) Louisville

International Bowl
Way Too Early Projection: Louisville vs. Toledo
Top 5 Others Considered: 1) Pitt, 2) Cincinnati, 3) Western Michigan, 4) Miami University, 5) Central Michigan

-CFN.com

BCS bowl predictions come out tomorrow...which is probably why West Virginia isn't on the list.

The only Big East team not mentioned to make a bowl game is Syracuse. Not too surprising. Connecticut isnt projected to make a bowl game...which is pretty surprising considering the season they had last year and the guys they're bringing back (particularly on offense.) South Florida will probably have to win 7+ games to get out of the St.Petersberg bowl since its so close to home. The fan base for the Bulls is still relatively small (only been around for 10 years) so in order to get the fair-weather USF fans to make the travel to a bowl game its best to keep it near home.

The Big East is going to be chock full of talent next year...but in my mind there wont be one clear run away BE winner or even a strong enough team to represent the conference in the National Title game.

West Virginia probably has the talent to be a Title contender...but I don't see first year coach Stewart putting the puzzle together that quickly. IMO Pitt is the most well rounded team with the biggest super star (McCoy) - but we all know Wanny wont get it done. Cincy has the coach...but can they put up the #'s after losing Mauk? We all know Louisville took the biggest hit (losing Brohm, Urutia, and Douglas) - but with Kragthorp at the helm (and that defense) the Cards took about 10 big steps backwards this off season. UConn and USF proved that they can play with the big boys last season...but their programs are too young...and the draft sucked some superstars away from their respective defenses. But Edsall and Levitt stayed loyal to their squads...spurning major coaching deals...and the future looks brighter than ever. Rutgers loses Rice...but should still be able to contend as long as Schiano is around. Not to mention Rutgers owns two of the better receivers in the Big East in Tiquan Underwood and Kenny Britt.

metsfreak
05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
WVU! FTW!!!

We will suprise this year. Just like last year when I kept telling everyone that the D will be much improved and it was. We did lose guys from that D but developed a lot of depth last year.

King Henrik
05-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Connecticut will probably be in a bowl game. after a great season last year, UConn hasnt lost many peices and they still have their great coach in Esdall. With the combo of Andre Dixon and Donald Brown at RB and Lorenzen returning at QB the offense should do well to compliment the very opportunistic defense.

NY Orange
05-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Connecticut will probably be in a bowl game. after a great season last year, UConn hasnt lost many peices and they still have their great coach in Esdall. With the combo of Andre Dixon and Donald Brown at RB and Lorenzen returning at QB the offense should do well to compliment the very opportunistic defense.

Dixon is nasty...by the end of the year the whole nation will know his name. Kind of how Rice crept into the national spotlight a few years ago.

The Melky Way
05-24-2008, 08:34 AM
UCONN could really push for a BCS bid because WVU may no longer be the clear on favorite anymore with the coaching change and the loss of Slaton, even though Devine is one heck of a runner and may lead the Big East in rushing.

I am really scared of Pitt this upcoming season because their defense is going to prove that the Big East isn't all offense and will be put some pressure on some of these run happy teams like WVU and UCONN.

USF isn't going to have that great of year because they lost a lot of key players on defense and will probably be looking at 5th or 6th place finish in the Big East this season:

My Pre-Season Power Rankings

1. Pitt
2. UCONN
3. WVU
4. Louisville
5. Cinncy
6. USF
7. Syracuse
8. Rutgers

d_white089
08-01-2008, 02:20 AM
UCONN could really push for a BCS bid because WVU may no longer be the clear on favorite anymore with the coaching change and the loss of Slaton, even though Devine is one heck of a runner and may lead the Big East in rushing.

I am really scared of Pitt this upcoming season because their defense is going to prove that the Big East isn't all offense and will be put some pressure on some of these run happy teams like WVU and UCONN.

USF isn't going to have that great of year because they lost a lot of key players on defense and will probably be looking at 5th or 6th place finish in the Big East this season:

My Pre-Season Power Rankings

1. Pitt
2. UCONN
3. WVU
4. Louisville
5. Cinncy
6. USF
7. Syracuse
8. Rutgers

:rolleyes: UCONN? 66-21..that's all i'm sayin..