PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: Rockets/Mavs - Yao for Dirk

JordansBulls
04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Mavs/Rockets Deal (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=181~609~376~1722~1781&teams=10~10~6~6~6&te=&cash=)

Seeing if both teams lose out in the first round this season and with the constant injuries to Yao Ming, I think the following trade would benefit both teams going into next season.

Rockets Trade: Yao Ming, Bobby Jackson, Luis Scola
Rockets Receive: Dirk Nowitzki, Erick Dampier

Mavs Trade: Dirk Nowitzki, Erick Dampier
Mavs Receive: Yao Ming, Bobby Jackson, Luis Scola

Rockets Lineup
PG Rafer/Brooks
SG T-mac/Head
SF Battier/Novak
PF Dirk/Hayes/Harris
C Dampier/Deke/Landry

Mavs Lineup
PG Kidd/Terry
SG Stackhouse/Jones
SF Howard/George
PF Scola/Bass
C Yao/Allen

Would either team do that deal?

houstonrockets1
04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
ARE YOU ABSOLUTLEY MAD!!!!
Yao is so much more important to the rockets than what Dirk would be and you want to trade Luis Scola who with one more season under his belt could become a really really good power forward

No offense man but that is probley the worst trade idea I have ever heard on the rockets forum, maybe top 5.

{º¿º}
04-22-2008, 07:37 PM
It's an idiotic trade. Lose Yao and Scola for Dirk? Getting soft is the key to success?

Go ahead and suggest the new team colors as well; pink replaces red and the jersey now includes a skirt bottom.

BallerzDream
04-22-2008, 11:02 PM
What's up with you and the feminine analogies, they are absolutely ridiculous. It makes me wonder quiet a few things also.

About the trade, I think getting rid of Yao is beneficial in some aspects, although I don't think we need Dirk. Trading Yao means trading for something "good", and Dirk/Diop just wont close the gap.

nickymintz
04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Maybe Yao for Dirk, Dampier and Stackhouse.

t-mac1nukka
04-22-2008, 11:43 PM
how bout just keep the team we have and add small pieces...lets see how it works with tmac, yao, and scola...havent even had a chance to really see that yet.

{º¿º}
04-23-2008, 02:01 AM
What's up with you and the feminine analogies, they are absolutely ridiculous. It makes me wonder quiet a few things also.

About the trade, I think getting rid of Yao is beneficial in some aspects, although I don't think we need Dirk. Trading Yao means trading for something "good", and Dirk/Diop just wont close the gap.

The feminine analogies are warranted in every case. I use them to express my frustration at either the wimpish play of the team or players, and the prepubescent girl like adulation some fans have toward certain players.

I've come to the sad realization that the cheap imitators of MJ in the league; the low percentage scorers who have accomplished nothing, are to nba fanboys what Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears are to the girls who look up to them simply because they are famous and recipients of undeserved media attention.

HouRealCoach
04-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Mayne Yao for Dirk, Magloire, Kidd, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, and Cash

BoSelecta!!!
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
that Mavs Lineup is SCARY!

T-mac(#1)
04-23-2008, 11:24 PM
WTF?
Noooo wayyy
Yao has more value than that...AND scola/b jax??

addictsworld
04-24-2008, 08:04 AM
I must admit this is actually the worst trade for Yao idea I have seen.

Manos
04-24-2008, 08:24 AM
The feminine analogies are warranted in every case. I use them to express my frustration at either the wimpish play of the team or players, and the prepubescent girl like adulation some fans have toward certain players.

I've come to the sad realization that the cheap imitators of MJ in the league; the low percentage scorers who have accomplished nothing, are to nba fanboys what Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears are to the girls who look up to them simply because they are famous and recipients of undeserved media attention.

Well said.

BallerzDream
04-24-2008, 09:48 AM

Manos clapped, who's next?

Let’s not phase poetry and fuse the fan’s relations with other players. From what I observed in the past, this miserable statement qualifies upon you.

Flopping back to basketball, you mentioned that Dirk is soft, but so is Yao. So technically, we are trading cotton for cotton.

Manos
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Manos clapped, who's next?

Um, I guess? If your saying I agree with his statement then yes, that would be correct.

Let’s not phase poetry and fuse the fan’s relations with other players. From what I observed in the past, this miserable statement qualifies upon you.

No idea what this means.

Flopping back to basketball, you mentioned that Dirk is soft, but so is Yao. .

Can you not use flopping, soft and Dirk in the same sentence? It tends to conjure memories of Boogie Nights rather than basketball.

Tmac to da rack
04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll TRADE YAO FOR DIRK STRAIGHT UP, I will not add scola.

Rafer
tmac
battier
scola
dirk
Great s/l~

BallerzDream
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Um, I guess? If your saying I agree with his statement then yes, that would be correct.

Wonderful.

No idea what this means.

My comment has nothing to do with you, so don't worry about it.

Can you not use flopping, soft and Dirk in the same sentence? It tends to conjure memories of Boogie Nights rather than basketball.

Huh? I don't get your sarcasm at all.

Driven
04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Dirk for Yao isn't a bad idea. But I wouldn't give up Scola.

jdillion
04-28-2008, 12:28 PM
not a bad idea but no due to the fact that both yao an dirk are gettin up in age and its pointless to trade yao bc tradin yao would involve creating a whole new team of role players to fit dirk an tmac. bc this team is built around yao an to complement his game. so if you were to trade him youd have to build a whole new team

JordansBulls
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
A better deal on the main board is a T-mac for Josh Howard and Jason terry deal.

jdillion
04-28-2008, 08:16 PM
ok josh howard is not good when are u guys gonna get that through ur head

t-mac1nukka
04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
what about yao for jermaine oneil and kareem rush. or change package around a little. gives us a post game and another great shooter.

T-mac(#1)
04-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow NOO!!!

Spurred1
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Jermaine O'Neal is constantly injured. How can that help your team?

T-mac(#1)
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Thats what I was thinking...
And kareem who?

t-mac1nukka
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Jermaine O'Neal is constantly injured. How can that help your team?

i was just throwing out a post player. we will be in the same boat we are now if we got dirk. i dont know a lot about o'neal's injury situations. i do know hes pretty good and plays in the post, has good d, and is versatile on the defensive end. we know how good dirk is at d and thats not good at all.

and rush is a guy who can shoot with the best of them. hes like a novak with more defense, but shorter

TMAC94
04-28-2008, 11:35 PM
id trade.

yao and head

for

dirk and terry

and SIGN GERALD GREEN!

Tmac to da rack
04-29-2008, 04:03 PM
DAMN IT IDIOTS! You cant trade one of the top 3 paint players for a guy named dirk whos just a shooter, you can find shooters easily. The only guy I'd trade Yao for is for Dwight Howard. I would never trade Yao for a PG,SG,SF,PF.

t-mac1nukka
04-29-2008, 09:47 PM
ya very dumb to have all our money spent on outside players.

JordansBulls
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Could someone add a poll to this thread? I'm curious on how many Rockets fans would do this deal.

mightybosstone
07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't know if anyone has said this yet and I don't feel like reading through 10 stupid posts to look for one smart one, but this trade is a PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY!!! When have teams from the exact same division, who play 4 hours away from one another in the same state, who have been rivals for decades EVER swapped star players to "better each other"?

I was surprised when the Spurs gave us the rights to Scola, but he was an unproven foreign player who nobody knew much about. You're talking about two top tier clubs that loathe each other swapping their best players. It just doesn't happen....

Jay22Redd
07-03-2008, 04:26 PM
No, this doesnt make the Rockets better, it makes the Mavs better

mjsparks2345
07-03-2008, 06:24 PM
No offense, but this has got to be one of the dumbest threads that I have ever read in the forum and I am upset at myself for even commenting on this.

I wouldn't trade Yao at all, but if I had to, the only person that I would trade Yao for would be Amare Stoudamire. End of story. No need to comment on this because it would never be realistic so can we all please talk about something that actually makes sense.

Rhyming Rebel
07-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Mavs/Rockets Deal (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=181~609~376~1722~1781&teams=10~10~6~6~6&te=&cash=)

Seeing if both teams lose out in the first round this season and with the constant injuries to Yao Ming, I think the following trade would benefit both teams going into next season.

Rockets Trade: Yao Ming, Bobby Jackson, Luis Scola
Rockets Receive: Dirk Nowitzki, Erick Dampier

Mavs Trade: Dirk Nowitzki, Erick Dampier
Mavs Receive: Yao Ming, Bobby Jackson, Luis Scola

Rockets Lineup
PG Rafer/Brooks
SG T-mac/Head
SF Battier/Novak
PF Dirk/Hayes/Harris
C Dampier/Deke/Landry

Mavs Lineup
PG Kidd/Terry
SG Stackhouse/Jones
SF Howard/George
PF Scola/Bass
C Yao/Allen

Would either team do that deal?

Lol u need to give me some of the stuff you smoking on. That is the dumbest trade ever. Dallas would never be so lucky to pull that off.

If we trade Yao to the Mavs it would look like this

Mavs get
Yao Ming
Luther Head

Rockets get
Dirk
Josh Howard
3 future 1st rd picks

Now that is even. No way in hell do you get the best center and a well above average PF for Dirk and..... wait a minute you added Dampier, OoH Hell NO.. Trade talks ended.