PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Thread

papelbon58
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Now that the offseason has began, it is time to start talking about the offseason. Post any news, rumors (with links), or ideas here.

If a moderator could sticky this, that would be great.

papelbon58
04-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Despite the offensive outbursts in games 5 and 6, I still definately think we need some offensive help badly. I think we should make a strong push for Hossa.

papelbon58
04-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Also, I may be a minority on this subject, but I don't think Murray is good at all anymore. He has a snipe, but that's about all. If he doesn't have somebody like Savard setting him up, he's absolutely useless. I really hope we trade him this offseason and use the cap space we free up to sign someone like Hossa.

NE24
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
well i will make a list of things i would liek to see done, although i doubt many are:

1. Sign 2 of the Marian Hossa, Vaclav Prospal, Wade Redden, Brian Cambell, Daniel Cleary, Mats Sundin.

2. Trade Manny fernandez for absolutly anything....i would love to get petr Kalus back.

3. Trade Glenn Murray, he means nothing to this team anymore. All he is, is a leader who can score 10 goals, not a second line talent anymore.

4. Resign all the players that are necessary to the teams success, IMO it should be kobasew, noke, metro, ward, stuart, wideman, and auld. that leaves pascal pelletier, bobby allen, jeff hogan, stan chistov off the team.

5. Trade Shane Hnidy, he played well his time here, but lashoff is too good to be playing in providence.

These would be the lines i would like to see:

Marian Hossa
Marc Savard
Patrice Bergeron

Marco Sturm
David Krejci
Chuck Kobasew

Milan Lucic
Phil Kessel
Glen Metropolit

Shawn Thorton
Petteri Nokalinean
Vladimir Sobotka

Right now, i think there are too many defensemen that are NHL ready on this team, chara, ward, wideman, lashoff, alberts, ference, stuart, Hnidy, Allen, some will need to be placed in providence, im just not sure who.

Shaiza
04-21-2008, 11:07 PM
well i will make a list of things i would liek to see done, although i doubt many are:

1. Sign 2 of the Marian Hossa, Vaclav Prospal, Wade Redden, Brian Cambell, Daniel Cleary, Mats Sundin.

2. Trade Manny fernandez for absolutly anything....i would love to get petr Kalus back.

3. Trade Glenn Murray, he means nothing to this team anymore. All he is, is a leader who can score 10 goals, not a second line talent anymore.

4. Resign all the players that are necessary to the teams success, IMO it should be kobasew, noke, metro, ward, stuart, wideman, and auld. that leaves pascal pelletier, bobby allen, jeff hogan, stan chistov off the team.

5. Trade Shane Hnidy, he played well his time here, but lashoff is too good to be playing in providence.

Marian Hossa
Marc Savard
Patrice Bergeron

Marco Sturm
David Krejci
Chuck Kobasew

Milan Lucic
Phil Kessel
Glen Metropolit

Shawn Thorton
Petteri Nokalinean
Vladimir Sobotka

Right now, i think there are too many defensemen that are NHL ready on this team, chara, ward, wideman, lashoff, alberts, ference, stuart, Hnidy, Allen, some will need to be placed in providence, im just not sure who.

Everyone brings up great points. But I do see a big trade coming up, involving defenseman and goalies. Then I fully expect them to make a splash in free agency, kinda like what the rangers did this year. gomez and drury was killer. I expect Bruins to do something of that sort, we have money and we are not afraid to use it. This team could use 3 or more superstars.

NE24
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
you said a trade including goalies, how about roberto luongo? i heard he was unhappy and they were looking to trade him. what would it take to get him

Shaiza
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
you said a trade including goalies, how about roberto luongo? i heard he was unhappy and they were looking to trade him. what would it take to get him

If we weigh the options, it would fit our bill nicely.
Canucks are not known for their defense. So it would take someone like Wideman, plus a great package of forwards.
So I'm guessing,
Wideman
Alberts/Stuart/Lashoff
Thomas/Fernandez
Hamill
Kessel

Something of that sort. It all really depends on how upset he is. I don't see it happening, but if it does, it would make the Bruins unstoppable.
If Rask was to get involved, we would give up a little less than of that package imo. But yeah, goaltending situation will be addressed for sure, it'll be fun to keep an eye out.

i am bob
04-22-2008, 08:34 AM

Marian Hossa
Marc Savard
Patrice Bergeron

Marco Sturm
David Krejci
Chuck Kobasew

Milan Lucic
Phil Kessel
Glen Metropolit

Shawn Thorton
Petteri Nokalinean
Vladimir Sobotka

what about peter schaefer is his contract up or not?

Danman1116
04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Not sure bout Schaefer, but pretty sure Kobasew's a free agent this year who I'm sure the B's will make a big push to sign and will surely get a decent pay raise. I see the B's using Chara to make some calls to Hossa in terms of getting him to sign with the B's. Also, to free up some space for Hossa, I see Murray getting dumped off some where...probably for a prospect and maybe a minor leaguer and not much else. Like NE said, our blue line is full of great talent but it stinks seeing guys like Lashoff, Allen stuck down there. So, maybe the B's will end up trading a DMan along with Murray for someone (not quite sure who, maybe a 3rd line winger)

Also, what you guys think about Pascal Pelletier? Guy got over 70 pts in the AHL. I know he got some time up in the bigs, but didn't really get to showcase his talent. Think he'll have a shot of making the roster next year?

Bruins37
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM

Marian Hossa
Marc Savard
Patrice Bergeron

Marco Sturm
David Krejci
Chuck Kobasew

Milan Lucic
Phil Kessel
Glen Metropolit

Shawn Thorton
Petteri Nokalinean
Vladimir Sobotka

Where is Axelsson? :(
I really hope Murray gets traded but I donīt se any team taking his contract on, he is overpaid and he does nothing.
My lines:

Bergeron
Savard
Hossa

Lucic
Krejci
Kessel

Sturm
Metropolit
Kobasew

Axelsson
Sobotka
Thornton

Dunno if axelsson becomes FA or not, if and he donīt resign I hope to se him in my hometown team Vastra Frolunda :D

abourne13
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Dunno if axelsson becomes FA or not, if and he donīt resign I hope to se him in my hometown team Vastra Frolunda :D

Axelsson's the man, he isn't going anywhere. He means a lot to this team. But besides that, WOW :D Frolunda :D I haven't heard that name in a long time.

i am bob
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Axelsson has been with the team his entire career and will stay on the team as a veteran prescence and a great penalty killer

homie564
04-22-2008, 12:25 PM
well as everyone id love to see hossa come in and i think that our biggest necessity is to trade/waive fernandezz... hes way too much and takes up almost 5 mill of cap another one is get rid of murray... send him and his big contract packing i can see a deal like Murray and Wideman to Tampa because they are horrible or i can see him going to the Hawks with Wideman for Havlat and a pick which would be great even though havlat has a 7mill pay out letting go of fernandez would clear up alot of cap and to be honest i can also see patrick eaves comming in on his free agent year if Kobasew or Nokelainen and Sobotka were to leave/ get traded

i am bob
04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
now way we are making thatmany moves

i am bob
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
though i agree on waiving fernandez but if we trade him all we get is junk or a late pick

NE24
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Where is Axelsson? :(
I really hope Murray gets traded but I donīt se any team taking his contract on, he is overpaid and he does nothing.
My lines:

Bergeron
Savard
Hossa

Lucic
Krejci
Kessel

Sturm
Metropolit
Kobasew

Axelsson
Sobotka
Thornton

If you put axellson in your lineup, your taking away from pelletier or nokalinean, who are both capable of scoring the same amount of goals, just a little worse defensivly.

what about peter schaefer is his contract up or not?

Schaefer has been great in the playoffs, but i dont really think he will be on this team next year. again, he will be taking away a spot from one of the young players, who are almost as good...and get paid less.

Shaiza
04-22-2008, 03:18 PM
I still believe Manny will be with us. He hasn't really shown what he is capable of.
As far as Axelsson and Schafer goes, one of them is gone. If one's gone, the other one stays. The reason is because they play the same type of game and they are amazing at killing penalties. I see Schafer being packaged in a deal with others to a team that needs PK help.
I see three things in need:
1) Couple offensive superstars
2) One more shutdown defenceman
3) A real enforcer
Hossa is definitely a name we can go after, but we can explore the trade market. Wade Redden can be a huge help. We can afford both of them.
As far as enforcers go, Thornton and Reich did a good job, but no way in hell we can keep them. We need a legit enforcer along with Lucic.

captaintek33
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Sign Hossa

Sign Campbell

Trade Fernandez (one deal)

Trade Murray with either Lashoff or Allen for whatever you can get for them. (You'd have to add Lashoff or Allen to any Murray deal in order to get some value, plus we have extra defensemen.)

abourne13
04-22-2008, 03:22 PM
If you put axellson in your lineup, your taking away from pelletier or nokalinean, who are both capable of scoring the same amount of goals, just a little worse defensivly.

Schaefer has been great in the playoffs, but i dont really think he will be on this team next year. again, he will be taking away a spot from one of the young players, who are almost as good...and get paid less.

Axlesson isn't going anywhere. If you get rid of him then you will see a shaky Bruins defense and a horrible Bruins PK. He flies under the radar but he keeps this team from falling apart. It's not all about goals scored.

And secondly, I agree with the Schaefer comment. He was great to have in the playoffs but did much less than expected in the regular season. Everyone had high hopes when the B's traded Donovan for Schaf, but he didn't perform up to those expectations. He was a 40-50 point scorer, but this year...26.

abourne13
04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I still believe Manny will be with us. He hasn't really shown what he is capable of.
As far as Axelsson and Schafer goes, one of them is gone. If one's gone, the other one stays. The reason is because they play the same type of game and they are amazing at killing penalties. I see Schafer being packaged in a deal with others to a team that needs PK help.
I see three things in need:
1) Couple offensive superstars
2) One more shutdown defenceman
3) A real enforcer
Hossa is definitely a name we can go after, but we can explore the trade market. Wade Redden can be a huge help. We can afford both of them.
As far as enforcers go, Thornton and Reich did a good job, but no way in hell we can keep them. We need a legit enforcer along with Lucic.

Agreed with Schaef. We wont be seeing him, Thornton or Murray next year. And Manny will stay because he didn't get a chance to play this year. Why would an organization that believes in him get rid of him because of an injured year? It's like saying we should get rid of Bergeron because he was out all year. Next year will be a battle between Manny and Thomas which is a win-win situation for the team. I thought Murray was going to have an amazing comeback after his injury but he was somewhat of a letdown. And Thornton... I like him, but I agree with Shaiza. The team needs a real enforcer to go along with Lucic.

NE24
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
sean avery is a free agent, i think i wouldnt mind seeing him here. sure he is a huge *** hole, but he could help out.

Shaiza
04-22-2008, 04:09 PM
sean avery is a free agent, i think i wouldnt mind seeing him here. sure he is a huge *** hole, but he could help out.

haha I don't know how the fans would take him...but I know how marty would during the regular season...:eyebrow:

NE24
04-22-2008, 04:12 PM
haha, i really wouldnt mind him here. as long as he doesnt do stupid ****, like wave sticks in people faces, then i think he could fit in. chara would keep him in line.

Shaiza
04-22-2008, 04:16 PM
haha, i really wouldnt mind him here. as long as he doesnt do stupid ****, like wave sticks in people faces, then i think he could fit in. chara would keep him in line.

True. You can't expect guys like Gomez and Drury to keep Avery in line. They are not what we call intimidating.

Btw. I realized that the Bruins forum got busier after the B's made the playoffs. How freaking sweet is that.:smoking:

i am bob
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
who would you guys rather have Redden or Campbell?

NE24
as an FYI for everyone who wanted to trade for hossa, the trade that the THRASHERS turned down, was murray, rask, and a second round pick. i would much rather go after him with just cash.

i am bob
cuz we have a chance to get both

Shaiza
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
as an FYI for everyone who wanted to trade for hossa, the trade that the THRASHERS turned down, was murray, rask, and a second round pick. i would much rather go after him with just cash.

hey man whats ur aim?

NE24
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
heres an interesting article, after readin it, maybe moves will not be made. After proving alot of people wrong, the chemistry is at an all time high:

Montreal, QC - Milan Lucic, much like his Boston Bruins, made a statement in these playoffs.

Though the disappointment of losing Game 7 to the Montreal Canadiens was still fresh in his mind, Lucic was able to find the silver lining in a season where the Bruins overcame more challenges than perhaps any team in the NHL.

"I'm proud of what we've accomplished this season," said Lucic, 19, who emerged as a future star with his rugged play in the series. "No one gave us a chance from the start of the season and even the start of this series. I think we've proved a lot of people wrong, and it was a good feeling proving a lot of people wrong. We can build a lot on what we did this year to carry into next year."

The Bruins lost arguably their best player Patrice Bergeron to a concussion Oct. 27, which was the start of a nightmare year where head coach Claude Julien had to patch together a lineup as his team lost 364 man games to injury.

But in the long run, Julien said, that may prove beneficial for his young club.

"I'm really happy with the way our young guys have come along, and that was because some of our injuries allowed some of them to grow quicker," he said. "We're a lot further ahead today than we were at the beginning of the year, or that we expected to be at this time when we looked at our hockey club."

Though the Bruins have many reasons for optimism, it was a little more difficult for them to focus on that seeing as they were so close to advancing to the second round. Captain Zdeno Chara said the pressure of a Game 7 had no impact on his team, because the Bruins have been playing on the edge for the better part of two months.

"We were in a similar situation since there were about 15 or 20 games to go and we were battling for the playoffs," Chara said. "Basically every game since then was do or die, so it was nothing new for us, even though it was the playoffs."

Julien said his team got away from its game plan once the pressure of the situation became too much for them, but he also said it would be a "cowardly excuse" to say his team was emotionally spent.

He added that even though no one gave them a chance against the Canadiens after losing all eight regular season meetings this year, the Bruins never doubted their own chances in the series, even when down 3-1.

"The further along the series went, we gained more and more confidence," Julien said. "We had expectations for ourselves that were much higher than people had for us, and we were convinced we would move on to the next round.

"We didn't particularly care about what was being said outside our room, it was the belief in our room that mattered."

NE24
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
hey man whats ur aim?

well, i use my Moms, so its kinda.....no very gay.

i am bob
04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
pavel demitra seems like he could be a nice free agent for us to sign

captaintek33
04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
who would you guys rather have Redden or Campbell?

Campbell....

Campbell is the key!

NE24
04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
i think cambell as well. he is more of an offensive threat, pair him and chara and thats one hell of an offensive line.

captaintek33
04-22-2008, 05:05 PM
This is a Stanley Cup contender, with only two additions. Depending on what they can get for Murray, Bobby Allen, and Fernandez in trades, they might even be able to upgrade the third or fourth line wingers, too.

Ideally, they could acquire a LW to put with Savvy and Hossa, and bump Lucic to the third line with Krejci and Kess, which would move Schaeffer out and Ax to the fourth line...

Lucic-Savard-Hossa
Sturm-Bergeron-Kobasew
Axelsson-Krejci-Kessel
Schaeffer-Nokalainen-Sobotka

Chara Wideman
Campbell Ference
Ward Alberts

Thomas
Rask

NE24
04-22-2008, 05:14 PM
you would want lucic over sturm or kobasew?

Shaiza
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM

Patrice and Sturm work very well together.
I'll make a thread soon where everyone can put their offseason lineup together. It'll be fun seeing different names.

NE24
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
good point, but i think lucic should prove he can score a little more before being on the first line.

homie564
04-22-2008, 09:11 PM
yeah i think bergeron would fit better 1s line with sturm and Hossa would be great. then second line id move Lucic with savy and kobasew.. 3rd line Axelsson krejci and Sobotka would be a great fit on that line and the fourth line depends i really cant see the bruins keeping nokelainen yeah hes a future stud POSSIBLY but if we want murray out i think noke will have to go also and ward doesnt stay. the defense will probably be if we can make my dream signing of Campbell which i doubt will happen i think redden is more possible.. btw i cant see ference there anymore either.. not a huge factor

Chara-Wideman
Campbell/Redden-Alberts
Stuart-Lashoff/Hnidy

abourne13
04-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Campbell?? Are you guys serious? There is no way that you should consider him. The Sharks wont let him go. They got him for the long run, not a rental. With the success the Sharks will have in these playoffs I don't think he will want to go to any other team.

And Redden?? He doesn't want to leave Ottawa, that was made very public this season. How can you guys think that he will go to Boston if he loves the Sens so much?

These discussions aren't making any sense.

NE24
04-23-2008, 03:50 AM
It is still a long-shot that Redden will remain in Ottawa, as the Senators would only keep him if he takes a huge pay cut from the $6.5 million he earned last season. "I would assume if they are interested in being in Ottawa, there will be a request of a contract of some sort. Then, we will say, 'Yes' or 'No'. At this point in time, that hasn't happened," GM Bryan Murray said. We think Redden will be wearing a different uniform come training camp....

Bruins37
04-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Campbell?? Are you guys serious? There is no way that you should consider him. The Sharks wont let him go. They got him for the long run, not a rental. With the success the Sharks will have in these playoffs I don't think he will want to go to any other team.

And Redden?? He doesn't want to leave Ottawa, that was made very public this season. How can you guys think that he will go to Boston if he loves the Sens so much?

These discussions aren't making any sense.

Agree, sharks lost like 2-3 games in 20 when they added campbell (dont know the real stats) I just dont se sharks letting him go/campbell want to leave. And as Aabourne13 says, Redden wanna stay in ottawa.
Now back to Axelsson :D
Yeah he will be a bruins forever, Bīs would be stupid not to sign him. Having said that, think I heard in an swedish interwiev with him that he might wanna end his carrer here in Frolunda, donīt know if this is the year though.

Hate to say this becuse I really like Nokes and sobotka, but I se one of them beeing traded with Murray for some prospect and draft choice.

i am bob
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM
i like sobotka more the nokelainen but thats my opinion

captaintek33
04-23-2008, 09:10 AM

No, but I like the dynamic of having the banger in Lucic, with the sniper in Savard, and the scorer (Hossa).

Then, you get the speedy Sturm, with the all around guy in Bergy, and the scorer Kobasew on the second line.

The third line gives you speed and scoring (Kessel) with a playmaker (Krejci) and Ax is an all purpose guy....

I'd RATHER have another front line winger on the first line with Savvy and Hossa, and move Lucic to the third line, with Ax moving down to the fourth...

I was just throwing out a scenario that gave them three solid lines while only adding two players...

Shaiza
04-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Agree, sharks lost like 2-3 games in 20 when they added campbell (dont know the real stats) I just dont se sharks letting him go/campbell want to leave. And as Aabourne13 says, Redden wanna stay in ottawa.
Now back to Axelsson :D
Yeah he will be a bruins forever, Bīs would be stupid not to sign him. Having said that, think I heard in an swedish interwiev with him that he might wanna end his carrer here in Frolunda, donīt know if this is the year though.

Hate to say this becuse I really like Nokes and sobotka, but I se one of them beeing traded with Murray for some prospect and draft choice.

Redden hasn't openly said he wants out of Ottawa, but with contract issues up there, it is more than likely he will hit the FA market. They would like to take care of their goaltending issues before they take care of anything else, and I just don't think there's enough money to go around up there now, especially with someone of Redden's talent. Many others are coming off the books as well so that's something to keep in mind.
The Sharks will try their best to sign Campbell, but who knows? He might hit the market. Depending on what happens this postseason, the Sharks might take a different approach on things. They have LOTS of money to spend, so we will see.

papelbon58
04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Marian Hossa could be leaning towards remaining in Pittsburgh this summer.

Hossa is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. The winger has been saying that he will like to test the free agent waters, and still likely will, but he does like the makeup of the Penguins and the city itself. "Pittsburgh is a hockey market, and I like that atmosphere. You wake up the day of the game and there is a buzz. I like that," Hossa said. Pittsburgh does have enough room under the cap to sign the star forward - we'll see what happens in a few months.

rotoworld.com

cynomatic
04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
He is smart to say that to get his asking price even higher

Shaiza
04-23-2008, 04:55 PM
He is smart to say that to get his asking price even higher

Plus, Pittsburgh has other issues they have to take care of, like their defense. I'm not saying it's bad, but with many great defencemen hitting the waters this year, they might go after an impressive name. They have their offense, they just need the defense.

abourne13
04-23-2008, 06:14 PM
i like sobotka more the nokelainen but thats my opinion

Agreed. Sobotka is much more impressive for me than Noke. Don't get me wrong, Noke's great but if there were a choice and I could only pick one player, Sobotka's my choice.

NE24
04-24-2008, 12:09 AM
some interesting news:

Aaron Ward and Glen Metropolit are both unrestricted free agents this summer.

Boston is expected to retain them both as they proved to be valuable defensive players for the team, especially down the stretch and in the playoffs.

i am bob
04-24-2008, 09:17 AM
id love to sign them both but its possible it won't happen

Shaiza
04-24-2008, 09:36 AM
id love to sign them both but its possible it won't happen

i think we should sign ward, but not metropolit. I am a little iffy about his ability because he suddenly started producing this year. Plus, I don't think we should come back with the same style of play next year. If we sign players like Hossa, it will give us an up tempo offensive game, which many young players in our team will benefit from. I don't think we'll need Metropolit.

NE24
04-24-2008, 01:33 PM
i agree, we should be switching more to a peed game, bergeron, savard, sobotka, kessel to name a few would benefit from this greatly. i noticedd during the season, this team was playing a little too condensed. they would always make an extra pass, on the PP or on a 2 on 1 and not even get a shot off.

i am bob
04-24-2008, 08:56 PM
well i hope metropolit has a good career if he leaves which i still don't want to happen

CTdolfan
04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
ya metro is gone murray is gone...we will bring hamil up from juniors and pick up a high profile offensemen, as well as another physical player, to match up with the bigger more aggressive teams in the east

Shaiza
04-24-2008, 09:57 PM
ya metro is gone murray is gone...we will bring hamil up from juniors and pick up a high profile offensemen, as well as another physical player, to match up with the bigger more aggressive teams in the east

Hamill plays for Providence. And he's been excelling, but I'm not quite sure if he'll be in the Boston uniform next year. Maybe one more year could help.
I do agree with the physical player part. We need someone that can actually be productive/physical, or just someone just outright scary.

NE24
04-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Hey, im wondering you guys' opinion on olli jokinen. he wants to be and expects to be traded out of florida. The bruins were in talks to aquire him at the deadline, and were said to be the front runners. any chance a deal gets done here, if so who will we need to give up?

Danman1116
04-25-2008, 09:23 AM
2008 NHL Free Agents (http://www.sportscity.com/NHL/NHL-Free-Agents-by-Position-2008/)

Just found this list of upcoming FA's by position

i am bob
04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey, im wondering you guys' opinion on olli jokinen. he wants to be and expects to be traded out of florida. The bruins were in talks to aquire him at the deadline, and were said to be the front runners. any chance a deal gets done here, if so who will we need to give up?

olli jokinen is a great player and i would love to get him but it would cost us kessel and more so i wouldn't do it

i am bob
04-25-2008, 09:54 AM
2008 NHL Free Agents (http://www.sportscity.com/NHL/NHL-Free-Agents-by-Position-2008/)

Just found this list of upcoming FA's by position

daymond langkow seems like a good addition but it probably won't happen.
other than campbell and redden i like john michael-liles he's affordable i suppose. then theres hossa, demitra, rolston but there is miro satan which could be possible

i am bob
04-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I suppose nothing new has hapened considering the lack of posts lately

big bad b's
04-27-2008, 11:55 PM
this might be crazy and may be a little un-realisitc, but what about trade/buyout murray. then trade lashoff and pelletier for a Zherdev or a cheechoo. try sign hossa and either a mark streit or Andreas Lilja. as far as goalie, trade thomas and why not sign Cristobal Huet or Johan Hedberg.

lucic savard hossa
sturm bergeron kobasew
Kessel Krejci cheechoo/zherdev
reich Nokalainen thornton

chara wideman
streit/lilja ference
Alberts hunwick

Huet/Hedberg
Fernandez

try to trade fernandez after he gets some playing time for pick and backup goalie

NE24
04-28-2008, 12:40 AM
so, no sobotka?

mattybeingmatty
04-28-2008, 01:22 AM
no stuart? no schaefer? and i will keep thomas over hedberg and huet thank you.

NE24
04-28-2008, 04:11 AM
Huet over thomas? no way, hes younger and more consistent to this point.

big bad b's
04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
ok i give you that i forgot sobotka and stuart, sobotka in there over reich and from there maybe shuffle lines up and stuart over hunwick playing in ference's spot with ference taking the 8th spot with alberts. however on the goalie situation, no way on tim thomas, as someone said on the 3rd page i believe his value is not going any higher and he's not getting any better. and as far as him being better than huet, to me thats funny becasue going into the series the bruins had not beaten nor had a lean on the canadians in 13 games, carey price played the last four of those games so thats 9 games in which huet out did thomas

Celts22
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Its just much cheaper to keep Thomas then try and sign Huet and the production won't be that much of a difference to offset it. We're trying to save money remember so we can sign someone like Hossa or Campbell.

cynomatic
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Its just much cheaper to keep Thomas then try and sign Huet and the production won't be that much of a difference to offset it. We're trying to save money remember so we can sign someone like Hossa or Campbell.

I agree 100%..plus Many will be back @ $ 4million ...as the back up :puke:

Celts22
04-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree 100%..plus Many will be back @ $ 4million ...as the back up :puke:

The Boston Globe yesterday had an article talking about getting rid of Murray by sending him to Providence and having them pick up his contract, would that work the same with Fernandez? If it does we should send both down and bring up Rask as well.

big bad b's
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
if you can not tell by my previous posts i am not big on tim thomas, i truly believe that the bruins are a goal scored and a solid number 1 goalie away from being ligit contenders, having said that, would signing hossa and making a trade for a solid number 1 make people happy or do you really believe the bruins need top d-men as well. I remember reading on a different sight about a trade of tim thomas matt lashoff a few other prospects and a draft pick to vancouver for roberto luongo, what is some opinions of a deal like that?

big bad b's
04-28-2008, 03:46 PM
my bad meant scorer not scored

papelbon58
04-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Bobby Allen will likely not be back with the Bruins next season.

He is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer and the Bruins are not expected to re-sign him. Allen endured an injury-plagued year with Boston this campaign, appearing in 35 games and notching just two assists and 39 penalty minutes.

rotoworld

papelbon58
04-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Bruins' general manager Peter Chiarelli believes he is deep in the mix in the Fabian Brunnstrom sweepstakes.

"From what I understand, in talking with J.P.[Berry, Brunnstrom's agent], that list has included about 4-5 teams," said Chiarelli. "Our feeling is, we're very much back in the mix, and we'd like to get it done."

rotoworld

Any body know much about this guy?

NE24
04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
if you can not tell by my previous posts i am not big on tim thomas, i truly believe that the bruins are a goal scored and a solid number 1 goalie away from being ligit contenders, having said that, would signing hossa and making a trade for a solid number 1 make people happy or do you really believe the bruins need top d-men as well. I remember reading on a different sight about a trade of tim thomas matt lashoff a few other prospects and a draft pick to vancouver for roberto luongo, what is some opinions of a deal like that?

i think t would take alot of prospects along with that package. im content with thomas here as the #1 goalie, rask will be ready in a year or 2 any way, so trading for luongo will be a waste IMO

big bad b's
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
new on this website dont know how to do the quote thing but to NE24 response, you are probably right, just got a bit excited with the name luongo. i guess this is where i back off my stance on the thomas trade and just accept that he is here till rask comes up. Having said that tho, Will Many be able to challege thomas or is the number 1 job thomas' out of the gate?

papelbon58
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
new on this website dont know how to do the quote thing but to NE24 response, you are probably right, just got a bit excited with the name luongo. i guess this is where i back off my stance on the thomas trade and just accept that he is here till rask comes up. Having said that tho, Will Many be able to challege thomas or is the number 1 job thomas' out of the gate?

At the bottom of each post, there is a little button that says quote. Click that.

NE24
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM

eh, i dont think there will be a solid, in stone answere for #1 goalie, but its thomas' to lose.

i am bob
04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
rask i think is still 20 yrs old... no need to rush him and i know about carey price

i am bob
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Welcome to Prosportsdaily! :clap::clap::clap:

Lord Byron 34
04-28-2008, 07:06 PM
IMO, there should one objective this offseason: GOAL SCORERS, because that is the main difference between the Bruins and the elite teams in the NHL right now. Imagine how many assists Savard would have if he played with a real goal scorer.

Shaiza
04-28-2008, 08:53 PM
IMO, there should one objective this offseason: GOAL SCORERS, because that is the main difference between the Bruins and the elite teams in the NHL right now. Imagine how many assists Savard would have if he played with a real goal scorer.

While I do agree that goal scorers are what we need, i don't agree with your savard remark. Savard played alongside Kovulchuk and Hossa in Atlanta, and he posted his career high 97 pts. The reason why everyone loved him in Boston is because he posted very similar numbers the next season playing along with less skilled players like Sturm, Murray, and etc...
While it would help if we got a goal scorer, it won't have too much of an impact on Savard's assist numbers, because he is consistent and there is no one out there on the FA market that can change another player's number drastically.

big bad b's
04-28-2008, 09:18 PM
hey guys thanks for the help with the quote thing and the welcomes

it is clear the bruins need a top scorer and another d-man and some of the posted projected line-ups look awesome, my only problem is that on some, i see that both thornton and reich are gone, with savard, bergeron, hossa, kessel, etc don't you think you need someone to protect them? Obvioulsy luc can go out and fight no problem, but if you are expecting big numbers and big minutes from him you will need to grab another big fighter. Looking at hte list of upcoming free agents, what about going out and signing a tough guy who is not that pricey, laraque ivanans koci godard as well as many others are all free agents. just my opinion dont know what others think, but if you get rid of reich and thornton and do sign hossa, the bruins will need a big tough guy on the ice so other teams don't take liberties.

Celts22
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Definitly would like to add Laraque and possibly keep Thornton, Reich I could care less about, he does absolutly nothing for this team that Thornton/Lucic can't do.

Shaiza
04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Refer back to my first post in this thread. Reich and Thornton doesn't make our team better. No way. Laraque will be definitely an upgrade.

NE24
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I dont think the bruins have to sign another big name Dman. They just need to add a top 4 one. Chara and wideman work well IMO.

big bad b's
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I been following laraque since his edmonton days, hands down the heavy weight champion of the NHL, having him and Luc would be an unbeliavable 1-2 punch. I especially think it would be great because it would take some pressure off lucic knowing laraque will be there, Thornton was a good scrapper but was not and is not a ligit heavy weight. With a Georges Laraque, lucic can play with savard and hossa (hopefully) on the top line and produce points and get big minutes

i am bob
04-29-2008, 04:29 PM
I been following laraque since his edmonton days, hands down the heavy weight champion of the NHL, having him and Luc would be an unbeliavable 1-2 punch. I especially think it would be great because it would take some pressure off lucic knowing laraque will be there, Thornton was a good scrapper but was not and is not a ligit heavy weight. With a Georges Laraque, lucic can play with savard and hossa (hopefully) on the top line and produce points and get big minutes

Hey Laraque did beat Derek Boogard the 6-6 270 lb guy you know? he is the best fighter in the league but i like thornton and lucic to fight, they both stick up for the team pretty well

homie564
04-29-2008, 05:31 PM
i think laraque would probably be a huge upgrade... thornton is a fighter but he doesnt produce enough of offense

NE24
04-29-2008, 05:41 PM
rask i think is still 20 yrs old... no need to rush him and i know about carey price

Age doesnt matter, if he can play he will get the nod. definitly not this year, but sometime in the next 3 years

i am bob
04-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Shawn Thornton-7 points (4 goals, 3 assists, +/- -1, 74 PIM) 58 games
Georges Laraque-13 points (4 goals, 9 assists, +/- even, 141 PIM) 71 games

Not trying to trash you but its not much of an upgrade

NE24
04-29-2008, 06:25 PM
well, yes, on stats, but its the things he does on the ice, not on paper. He creates oppurtunities for other players, whether it be knocking someone down, or giving our superstars there space on the ice.

T.O.Bombinators
04-29-2008, 07:31 PM
answer my PMs!!!!!!!!!

i am bob
04-29-2008, 07:54 PM
well, yes, on stats, but its the things he does on the ice, not on paper. He creates oppurtunities for other players, whether it be knocking someone down, or giving our superstars there space on the ice.

Thornton or Laraque?

NE24
04-29-2008, 08:45 PM
laroque

homie564
04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Shawn Thornton-7 points (4 goals, 3 assists, +/- -1, 74 PIM) 58 games
Georges Laraque-13 points (4 goals, 9 assists, +/- even, 141 PIM) 71 games

Not trying to trash you but its not much of an upgrade

thats not much of an upgrade... laraque would beast on anyone... thornton i dont really like to see the guy play

cynomatic
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
How about Avery? sure he is a punk ..but he can score also

homie564
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah i was thinking him.. i think hed be a pretty good addition

cynomatic
04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
he would cost tons..maybe $2 or $3 million per year

big bad b's
04-30-2008, 03:53 PM
How about Avery? sure he is a punk ..but he can score also

avery is a very good player, he produces and knows how to agitate and get under peoples skin, i would love if the bruins signed him, however, as an enforcer he is not that great simply beacuse he is not a huge guy and not a ligit heavy weight. thornton and reich are move heavy weights than avery. in my mind if the bruins signed laraque no one would mess with bergy savy hossa(hopefull) or any other bruins superstar because tehy would be afraid of laraque, i don't think the same can be said about avery. Do not get me wrong avery is a great player in my mind and would love to have him, but i do not think he would be considered an enforcer

i am bob
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Why do we think everyone on the FA list would be a great fit for us, cmon guys its not like we'll make a huge splash in Free agency. maybe a player here and there

big bad b's
05-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Why do we think everyone on the FA list would be a great fit for us, cmon guys its not like we'll make a huge splash in Free agency. maybe a player here and there

we think that because we know the bruins can't get everyone, all these names come up and people get excited, obviously most names that come up wouldn't even consider signing with the bruins. however, hearing the names of big time players gets the fans excited.

it has been seen that i am clearly not a big tim thomas fan and i hope i don't get bashed for this comment, but what about tryin to trade thomas for a draft pick or another defenseman and then make an atttempt to sign ty conklin. obviously manny would be the number 1 but if he faulters or gets hurt again through conklin in and see what he can do.

cynomatic
05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
No way Ty Conklin is a one hit wonder

NE24
05-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Hossa is a good fit
Redden is a good fit
Cambell is a good fit
rolston is a good fit
Im not sure who wouldnt be a good fit

big bad b's
05-04-2008, 10:56 PM
been reading on another blog about a possible trade with carolina for eric cole. i thought i'd bring the post over to this board and see what people think about a deal like that. It is obvious that you will not be able to get both cole and hossa this offseason so it's pretty much a question of who you would rather have. what is peoples opinions?

abourne13
05-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Cole would be amazing to have in Boston. He's a hard worker. But your question is who would I rather have on the team. Hossa or Cole?? Obviously I'd rather have Hossa.

captaintek33
05-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Campbell! :clap::clap:

big bad b's
05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Cole would be amazing to have in Boston. He's a hard worker. But your question is who would I rather have on the team. Hossa or Cole?? Obviously I'd rather have Hossa.

ok obviously hossa is the more popular name and player so obviously people would rather have him, that is my fault on the question, i guess instead of who people would rather have, i should have asked who people thought would be a better fit for the bruins system and the bruins game plane

abourne13
05-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Well the better fit is definitely Cole. His style of play matches the B's more than Hossa. Hossa is extremely skilled but he isn't rough at all. We need guys who will hit, dig in the corners and have some scoring ability.

NE24
05-10-2008, 04:57 PM
how about this:

buffalo-afinagenov
boston-murray, blitz, 2nd pick

hes likely to be traded

i am bob
05-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Blitz?

NE24
05-10-2008, 10:43 PM
hes a prospect:

http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8470700&service=page&tab=bio

Celts22
05-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Well the better fit is definitely Cole. His style of play matches the B's more than Hossa. Hossa is extremely skilled but he isn't rough at all. We need guys who will hit, dig in the corners and have some scoring ability.

Weve got those guys why do we need more of them, we need someone that can consistently put the puck in the net, night in & night out, who cares if Hossa isnt that physical his skill set provides an additional dimension to this team, something that we lacked immensely this year.

NE24
05-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Wade Redden has changed his stance on taking a hometown discount to remain a Senator next season.

During the season Redden hinted at the idea of taking a possible hometown discount to return to the Senators next season. Redden has since rebuked that comment and will seek unrestricted free agency in the off-season. With the demand of a solid two-way defensemen sky-high, Redden will easily attract a few lucrative offers during the off-season. On an interesting note, Redden has only cracked the 50 point mark once, which was in the 2005-2006 season, and has registered only 74 points in the last two seasons most of which can be attributed to playing with Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson than on his talent alone. Redden will mostly likely join the growing list of overpaid/underachieving players in the NHL.
roto

cynomatic
05-11-2008, 03:38 AM
how about this:

buffalo-afinagenov

hes likely to be traded

Buffalo would not be intrested in Murray or trading Afinagenov to the B's...I could see him going to a team in the West

i am bob
05-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Wade Redden has changed his stance on taking a hometown discount to remain a Senator next season.

During the season Redden hinted at the idea of taking a possible hometown discount to return to the Senators next season. Redden has since rebuked that comment and will seek unrestricted free agency in the off-season. With the demand of a solid two-way defensemen sky-high, Redden will easily attract a few lucrative offers during the off-season. On an interesting note, Redden has only cracked the 50 point mark once, which was in the 2005-2006 season, and has registered only 74 points in the last two seasons most of which can be attributed to playing with Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson than on his talent alone. Redden will mostly likely join the growing list of overpaid/underachieving players in the NHL.
roto

ohh well we can still dream right?

Shaiza
05-11-2008, 11:17 AM
how about this:

buffalo-afinagenov

hes likely to be traded

bitz is not a name buffalo would be interested in.

NE24
05-12-2008, 02:50 PM

Celts22
05-12-2008, 08:01 PM

great contribution:rolleyes:

:p

homie564
05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
wouldnt it be great if the bs could bring in cole and hossa... that would be the best 1st line in the league :P

NE24
05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
we would only need hossa

cynomatic
05-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I wouldnt mind to see both Hossa and Liles

NE24
05-13-2008, 03:01 PM
what if we culd get kovalchuck.....:drool:

something starting wih kessel, alberts, 1st runder with obviously more pieces.

savard, hossa, kovalchuck on one line

i doubt we get both though

NE24
05-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Wade Redden has not received a contract offer from the Senators according to his agent, Don Meehan.

Reports circulated recently that Redden was offered a contract that would see him take a 50% pay cut, at which he supposedly scoffed at. "I haven't had any discussions with Bryan (Murray). I haven't had any requests from him, so I don't know where any of this nonsense is coming from," Meehan said. Meehan did say that he expects the two sides to talk at some point prior to Redden's unrestricted free agency, which kicks in on July 1. It is still a long shot that the defender will re-sign in Ottawa as the Senators simply cannot afford him.

roto-

looks like we'll get a shot at him

i am bob
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
mhm maybe..

NE24
05-14-2008, 06:19 PM
anyone think this is possible:

kessel
alberts/lashoff
hnidy
soderberg
1st
for
kovalchuck
2nd

abourne13
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Kovalchuk is the face of the franchise. And Atlanta doesn't exactly have an O'Connell-type GM so there's no way they will get rid of him in the near future. BUT in the extremely unlikely situation of bringing someone like Kovalchuk or Jagr to the B's happens then I will spend my every last dollar on season tickets and probably end up in jail for hopping the boards and running around on the ice surface like an idiot.

Shaiza
05-19-2008, 11:28 PM
anyone think this is possible:

kessel
alberts/lashoff
hnidy
soderberg
1st
for
kovalchuck
2nd

Let's get realistic.
Kovalchuk would take Kessel and Wideman to even get the talks going. A first rounder is a must and then some. It doesn't make sense for both teams.
Let's get some real legit names across the thread here, not just someone that you like.

homie564
05-20-2008, 04:29 PM
ive heard tampa could be a possible home for one of our goalies or glen murray... i cant quote the source cuz i just heard it as a rumor but u guys think it a possibility?

i am bob
05-25-2008, 04:57 PM
When exactly does the FA period start?

Spoked B
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
trades:

Glenn Murray+5th rounder to SJ for a 4th rounder
we save 4 mil

Trade 2:

Peter schaefer to fla for a 6th rounder.
we save 2.3 mil

Trade 3:

pj axellson to buffalo for a fifth rounder.
we save 1.8 mil

Trade 4:

Shane hnidy to pho for a 7th round pick.
we save 800k

Trade 5:

1st rounder+jeff hogan to columus for nikolai zherdev and 7th rounder
we lose 2 mil

Trade 6:

marc Savard to wash for backstrom, brashear, joe finley, first rounder, francis bouchard
we save 3 mil

trade 7:

manny to det for a 6th and 7th.
we save 4.8 mil

we save an *** load....about 16 mil add in the 4 mil we have under right now and the (expected) 3 mil cap raise...and thats 23 mil, plenty for 3 top fas.

sign:

marian hossa-5-45
brian rolston-3-15
wade redden-5-29

after that we sign our rookies with the 2 mil left:

hossa
bergeron
rolston

kobasew
krejci
Zherdev

Sturm
sobotka
kessel

noke
thorton
lucic

chara-wideman

redden-ward

lashoff-ference

big bad b's
06-02-2008, 10:17 PM
trades:

Glenn Murray+5th rounder to SJ for a 4th rounder
we save 4 mil

Trade 2:

Peter schaefer to fla for a 6th rounder.
we save 2.3 mil

Trade 3:

pj axellson to buffalo for a fifth rounder.
we save 1.8 mil

Trade 4:

Shane hnidy to pho for a 7th round pick.
we save 800k

Trade 5:

1st rounder+jeff hogan to columus for nikolai zherdev and 7th rounder
we lose 2 mil

Trade 6:

marc Savard to wash for backstrom, brashear, joe finley, first rounder, francis bouchard
we save 3 mil

trade 7:

manny to det for a 6th and 7th.
we save 4.8 mil

we save an *** load....about 16 mil add in the 4 mil we have under right now and the (expected) 3 mil cap raise...and thats 23 mil, plenty for 3 top fas.

sign:

marian hossa-5-45
brian rolston-3-15
wade redden-5-29

after that we sign our rookies with the 2 mil left:

hossa
bergeron
rolston

kobasew
krejci
Zherdev

Sturm
sobotka
kessel

noke
thorton
lucic

chara-wideman

redden-ward

lashoff-ference

in your linup, you dont even have any of the players from teh washington trade

Spoked B
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
in your linup, you dont even have any of the players from teh washington trade

:cry: thats why it was hard to make lines:

hossa
bergeron
rolston

kobasew
krejci
Zherdev

Sturm
kessel
backstrom

brashear
thorton
lucic

chara-wideman

redden-ward

lashoff-ference

with this we have a bunch of top prospects to trade for another d-man.

alberrts, ference, finley, boucard, noke, sobotka, hamill, hunwick, and wasingtons 1st rounder could be trading chips for a top d-man.

the problem with this offseason is in 09/10 and 10/11 we would have to sign kessel, krejci, lucic, hunwick, lashoff, zherdev,and rask......in those 2 years rick nash, malkin, and fluery to name a few are fas....

cynomatic
06-03-2008, 12:54 AM
No way Washington is going to trade Backstom

Shaiza
06-03-2008, 06:31 AM
No way Washington is going to trade Backstom

Yeah that was a ridiculous trade haha.

mattybeingmatty
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
marc stuart?

WilymoPena
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing Redden and Hossa added. Its realistic to think something like this could happen. Maybe we could snag Marleau from SJ and then we wouldnt need to sign Hossa, who strikes me as a Kovalev type if he comes to Boston anyhow so Im not completely sold on signing him but we need to do something, to stand pat is to give up ground. We dont necessarily need superstars, but we definitely need stars even if they are second tier.

Spoked B
06-04-2008, 09:30 PM
imo, one "superstar" pushes us over the top.

WilymoPena
06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I think so too, but I would rather have two second tier guys. I have always loved Redden and he could immediately come in and be our C on D. Chara is the C but lets be honest Redden when healthy is the puckmover this team desperately needs. I think its time to end the Wideman experiment and move him and Murray for Marleau or someone of that caliber. I also like Manny Fernandez if he's healthy I think he has double the skills of Thomas. I think its totally possible to give him a long look in camp and move either him or Thomas at the opening of the season depending on who looks better. Something needs to be done, and it all starts on D. We need puckmovers who can skate pass and shoot, not just one of those skillsets like so many of our D have. We're in good shape we just need a couple more pieces and we can be a top team in the East.

papelbon58
06-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Marian Hossa said for the first time that he would consider signing for less money than he could get on the open market, in order to stay with the Penguins long term.

As one of the elite wingers in the NHL, the 29-year-old Hossa would definitely be a valuable commodity when July 1st rolls around and he becomes a free agent. However, he seems to be more inclined to take a little less money to stay with a team that should be a perennial contender in Pittsburgh. "If I wanted to make a couple more dollars, I would probably just re-sign with Atlanta," Hossa said. "There's always a limit, but I'd rather take a little less and play on a good team, definitely."

Could be bad news for us.

mattybeingmatty
06-07-2008, 03:55 PM
now we just need chara and chiarelli to convince him that we are a contender if he's w/ us.

WilymoPena
06-08-2008, 10:06 AM
now we just need chara and chiarelli to convince him that we are a contender if he's w/ us.

Send down Cam Neely, Raymond , and Don Sweeney to speed up the process

Shaiza
06-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Looks like it could be quiet for a couple weeks until free agency begins.

big bad b's
06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
take this with a big grain of salt, but if it happens, would awesome. saw this on a different website figure i'd post over here to get some thoughts. the source was annonymous but heres the rumor:

Patrick Marleau is the "most likely star to be traded by July 1" if you ask the experts. I am not so sure....However there is a rumour that comes via two players in Boston that are telling me they are hearing that tha Bruins are working on a deal for Patrick Marleau.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15685

abourne13
07-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Maybe I have been saying this too much on the boards, but I want to say it once again. Hossa would be absolutely amazing in Boston, but the more I read the more I feel that he isn't going to come here. We aren't going to throw as much money at him as other teams would. So, If we don't sign him, I would absolutely love it if the Bruins pursued Rolston again. Rolston would be an even better fit in Beantown now than he was a few years ago.

But, it's just a thought...

wowzman
07-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Maybe I have been saying this too much on the boards, but I want to say it once again. Hossa would be absolutely amazing in Boston, but the more I read the more I feel that he isn't going to come here. We aren't going to throw as much money at him as other teams would. So, If we don't sign him, I would absolutely love it if the Bruins pursued Rolston again. Rolston would be an even better fit in Beantown now than he was a few years ago.

But, it's just a thought...

Tampa Bay traded for Rolstons rights so unlikely he is in beantown again.

http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367200

abourne13
07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Tampa Bay traded for Rolstons rights so unlikely he is in beantown again.

http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367200

He also told Tampa that he wants to test free agency.

i am bob
07-01-2008, 05:39 PM
The Ottawa Senators have signed Alex Auld to a two-year deal worth $2 million total.

Auld will be Martin Gerber's backup next season, but could challenge for the number one job should Gerber falter. Auld acquitted himself well in Boston last year when they struggled with injuries. In 23 appearances with the Bruins, Auld won nine games and lost seven while compiling a 2.32 GAA to go along with an impressive .919 save percentage.

Rotoworld

Nice knowin ya!