PDA

View Full Version : Islanders off season discussion

Sbank
04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Post off topic thoughts on the team, ideas for trades and signing ideas as well.

italianyankees
06-21-2008, 06:28 PM
isles should sign markus naslund. i wish they would sign a guy like marian hossa but they never would. i hate sean avery but he would bring a lot of attention to this team and thats wut we need

NDMets57
06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
John Michael Liles and/or Brian Cambell for defense... solid cheaper options... and resign tank cheaper... and we NEED a LW our LWs suck depth wise

brandonwarne52
06-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Nice job picking Ness.

NDMets57
06-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Qualified

The NY Islanders, yesterday, gave qualifying offers to forwards Sean Bergenheim, Jeremy Colliton, Frans Nielsen, Jeff Tambellini, Ben Walter, and Bruno Gervais. All will become RFA's if not signed by July 1st.

Colliton, Nielsen, Tambellini and Walter all did not quite stick with the team last season. What this does, by extending qualifying offers, is makes if very much "make or break" with them this coming season. To be sent back down, they will have to be exposed to waivers. And this would be true once again, if they were then down in Bridgeport, and the Isles wanted to call them back up.

Per Newsday's blog by Greg Logan, Aaron Johnson, Drew Fata and Matthew Spiller or to forward Steve Regier did not have qualifying offers made. However, Greg makes the point, that this does not mean they can't be signed to two-way contracts. Regier, however, is likely to move on.

Those who haven't been following the messageboards should know that Wade Dubielewicz has signed in Russia. It is a 2-year deal with Ak Bars Kazan. The same team that Petrov, the Isles 3rd round steal, plays for. Dubie words to me: The isles offered me a contract that would end up placing me back in bridgeport and at this point in my career i didn't think that was fair.

No, it wasn't. Best of luck in Russia, pal. Wade will benefit there with much more playing time.

No offense cuz I love Berg, and I liked Tambi in the Minors... but when you see this and you realize we cant send guys like Colliton and Neilsen down... this is why we're gonna suck... those mediocres mixed with the rest of the mediocres we have

YANKSJETSKNICKS
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
all new except DP AND OKPOSO

YANKSJETSKNICKS
12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
yea

arliss
12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
all new except DP AND OKPOSO

and bailey....and nielsen