PDA

View Full Version : Devils off season discussion

Sbank
04-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Post off topic thoughts on the team, ideas for trades and signing ideas as well.

hughest4
04-21-2008, 02:20 AM
I think the Devils might have to think about getting a little younger. I know 30's isnt really considered old in the NHL but their window to win another cup might be closing soon. I think maybe getting a great scorer and a tough defender would be a good idea, but i'm sure every other team wants that as well

njdevs25
04-23-2008, 03:16 AM
think their definatley needs to be a big trade to shake things up and go after medium salary FAs like ryder, malone, nagy, brunnete just some guys i would like to see them go after

Bricklayer
04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
First on the to do list, Try and find someone who is willing to take Zubrus and that huge contract!

JetsYanksDevils
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Zubrus is being payed way to much but i think he played the best in the playoffs so i dont want them to trade him just to get more cap room

mlbstar310
03-27-2009, 02:22 AM

Robbw241
03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Get Hossa and Pronger :drool:

Realistically: Keep Clem, get rid of weeks, find a 1st line Center or LW(Elias to Center).

MonsterZero
04-25-2009, 10:12 AM
We need to get younger and faster. We should save some money on Gio's contract and look to see if we can score J-Bo. I would also like to off load Pando and get some more youth in the system.

DT

bryman
05-29-2009, 11:02 AM
the cap is going down it says on www.nj.com under devils well see who we resign and sign as freeagents and who we let go idk you never know what lou is going to do but i bet hes going to do his best to get the devils back to the stanley cup and by doing that he has to make smart freeagents pickups and spending his money wiseley and drafting good.

JetsYanksDevils
05-29-2009, 03:31 PM
this thread is from last year lol

bryman
05-29-2009, 09:09 PM
yea it is lol so will they makeup a new one ?

TheDetroitBlue
05-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I belive the devils do need to go out and get a heavy hitter be it on offense or D also does anybody have any word on shanny? is he retiring? our are we going to resign him?

Devilfan309
06-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Whe should see the,Bergfors,Corrente,Hoeffel,Tedenby or maybe frazee like backup goalie in a short time!

bryman
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I think what the devils need to do is go out and get younger because this team is rebuilding and they need a coach that is going to lay the law down on them when they are not playing hard and be lazy basterds they need players that have heart and are though and play for the logo on the front not the name on the back and they have to trow out the devils way it hasnt worked in 10 years so try something new because i want to make deep playoff runs and win stanley cups and do you think lou is the problem ? i do some of the FA pick ups have sucked and he has to get better at that

benzni
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
no more lemaire

TRUTH-TELLER
04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
blow it up and start new...

commonsense12
04-18-2011, 08:32 PM
blow it up and start new...

As a Ranger fan i kind of miss the Devils not being in the playoffs. Dont know where all the Dev fans went but good luck in the offseason and hopefully we will get back to our usual brutal battles next year.

I think you should blow it up though and maybe get some younger talent around Kovie and a few others.

Freekshow187187
04-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Why do we have to blow it up? Did you see what we did when we have a good coach and we had palmieri fayne Taormina tedenby josefson henrique urbom corrente so we have young kids coming up plus talliender played to his potiential in the second half of the season and kovy played like kovy in the second half plus he had some impressive moments on defense and no parise so having a good coach maybe if somehow Lou can make some moves maybe try to get rid of white or rolston probaly won't but well see and we got the 4th overall pick so we could have another kid so we already in good position especially after this next year because rolston zubrus white will be free agents making us lose those awful contracts so were still in position here no reason they should be consider rebuilding especially since lou does not believe in it

commonsense12
04-28-2011, 01:33 AM
Why do we have to blow it up? Did you see what we did when we have a good coach and we had palmieri fayne Taormina tedenby josefson henrique urbom corrente so we have young kids coming up plus talliender played to his potiential in the second half of the season and kovy played like kovy in the second half plus he had some impressive moments on defense and no parise so having a good coach maybe if somehow Lou can make some moves maybe try to get rid of white or rolston probaly won't but well see and we got the 4th overall pick so we could have another kid so we already in good position especially after this next year because rolston zubrus white will be free agents making us lose those awful contracts so were still in position here no reason they should be consider rebuilding especially since lou does not believe in it

I am not taking shots at the team but Lou is gone so who knows how they play for the next coach. A few key pieces are getting old (marty, Elias, Rolston, Zubrus, White etc). Now i know you are happy to have some of them replaced but 3 of those guys are your top 5 in scoring and one is a hall of fame goalie. After those 5 guys your top scorer for this past season was Arnott (gone) and then Greene with 23 pts. Add all that together and you need to sign Parise and you are in cap hell next year.

Either way i dont see it being a short process could be at least a few more yrs away.

Thumper 88
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Bump*

Thumper 88
06-13-2012, 08:14 AM
We have a very young team now with good playoff exp for next season.
1: sign Zach
2: sign Marty
3: sign Pony
4: sign Joan
5: sign Carter

I know I probably missed some but I feel if we do this we can go deep in the playoffs next season.... I believe our future is bright.

Thumper 88
06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Idk if you guys follow twitter but Zach is saying some awesome things right now....

TMChris
06-17-2012, 07:15 PM
We have a very young team now with good playoff exp for next season.
1: sign Zach
2: sign Marty
3: sign Pony
4: sign Joan
5: sign Carter

I know I probably missed some but I feel if we do this we can go deep in the playoffs next season.... I believe our future is bright.

As much as I like Moose and how well he has played for us I doubt we re sign him. I feel we'll offer a 1 year deal to Marty and then bring up one of prospects to be groomed by Marty to take over the reigns. Unless the organization doesn't feel confident with our goalie prospects. Then I could see us making a move for a goalie in free agency.

Thumper 88
06-17-2012, 11:09 PM
As much as I like Moose and how well he has played for us I doubt we re sign him. I feel we'll offer a 1 year deal to Marty and then bring up one of prospects to be groomed by Marty to take over the reigns. Unless the organization doesn't feel confident with our goalie prospects. Then I could see us making a move for a goalie in free agency.

I dont think they do

I feel they might do that

TMChris
07-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Who do we go after now with Zach gone and the majority of our free agents re signed and a little over $16 million in cap space left? I did read an article that Semin's agents were in Jersey. I would take a flyer on him if he came cheap enough. He has the talent to put up 30 goals a year. And maybe a change in scenery will spark something in him.

Thumper 88
07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
We still make the playoffs without Zach... Enough said. We need to move on and find a 20+ goal scorer

TMChris
07-05-2012, 01:12 PM
We still make the playoffs without Zach... Enough said. We need to move on and find a 20+ goal scorer

Well word on the street is that the Devils and Alexander Semin agreed to a contract and that the announcement should be made at some point today. I guess we'll see how true this is. And I'm all for it as long as it's not an expensive contract.

Thumper 88
07-05-2012, 02:06 PM
The devils did sign Krys Barch RW not much of a point getter but he will fit well on the
4th line making heavy hits

Thumper 88
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Alexander Semin is he any good?

Thumper 88
07-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Just buy looking at his stats he should be able to provide 20+ goals... How much is he asking for?

blueman2424
07-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Here's a good article on Semin with a really misleading title (there's absolutely no evidence about the Devils actually signing him in the article):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1247370-nhl-free-agency-alex-semin-signing-in-works-to-replace-zach-parise

Unfortunately it also indicates nothing about what kind of contract he wants...

blueman2424
07-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Okay, here's a good list of unrestricted free agents from this season including those that have already signed elsewhere or re-signed. Semin's listed as having the highest cap hit of any player, including Parise. Yikes!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--2012-ufa-tracker--nhl-list-of-unrestricted-free-agents.html

TMChris
07-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Well the rumors of him signing were false, but it looks like it's going to be a waiting game. It looks like the top 2 favorites to sign him are the Devils and Penguins.

Thumper 88
07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
That's a good sign

benzni
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
getting used to not having hockey. not thinking about it

Thumper 88
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Me too... How is Kovy doing over there is Russia?

friarfan07
10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Me too... How is Kovy doing over there is Russia?

20 points in 12 games with a +/- of +12. :D he's aight.

good to see you again, thump!

blueman2424
10-28-2012, 06:18 PM
I synced the Devils schedule automatically to my Google Calendar. Despite the games being canceled, Google still displays them.

It is depressing.

Thumper 88
10-28-2012, 11:45 PM
glad to see you bro! Lets hope devils dont ever have to start a rebuild

benzni
11-04-2012, 11:26 AM
They have to at some point with their goal tending situation.

benzni
11-28-2012, 01:23 PM
the only posts made in this forum are spam posts. I don't ƒ****** get it

Thumper 88
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I know right...

friarfan07
12-05-2012, 01:55 PM
and friar posts on rare occasion. i think we'll see hockey soon. the voluntary talks went/are going well. when you get rid of the greedy agents and lawyers, owners and players can discuss things civilly and productively. i mean, at the end of the day, both parties know they need to get the season going. i don't even want to know how much money the league has lost since this, the 3rd labor stoppage under gary bettwoman. that guy has to be fired or quit sooner or later. he's a diva.

keithy19
12-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Fehr is absolutely horrible as well. Don't get me wrong, Bettman is terrible, but Fehr is demanding way too much and in the end hurting the very people he's representing.

And also, if Parise hadn't jumped ship to the Wild this whole lockout thing never would have happened. Way to go Parise.:bs:

blueman2424
12-08-2012, 10:13 AM
And another series of seemingly-productive talks breaks off...

Thumper 88
12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I doubt we will see hockey this year... But If we do I like our chances because we have a lot of old players.

benzni
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM
I doubt we will see hockey this year... But If we do I like our chances because we have a lot of old players.

I think the opposite.

One less year to see greats like Marty, Elias, Salvador, Zubrus etc

Plus 1 year off Kovy's monster deal :ohno:

friarfan07
12-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I think the opposite.

One less year to see greats like Marty, Elias, Salvador, Zubrus etc

Plus 1 year off Kovy's monster deal :ohno:

this is what concerns me. i was hoping for 2 more years of marty. now, here's hoping to 1.

benzni
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
friar, what other forums do you post in?

friarfan07
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
friar, what other forums do you post in?

chargers forum for football and that's about it. just been really busy with work. but i'm still a PSD guy, don't trip. ;) you and thump are the main reasons why i pop in here still from time to time.

by the way, can we talk about how terrible for the sport of hockey gary betteman is?

benzni
12-14-2012, 11:00 AM
stupid spammer had to bumb the zidlicky to NJ thread...

friarfan07
12-17-2012, 05:46 PM
this lockout just means one less season til scott stevens is our HC. :D

benzni
12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
this lockout just means one less season til scott stevens is our HC. :D

hopefully not a johnny mac and I like deboer as coach

friarfan07
12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
hopefully not a johnny mac and I like deboer as coach

yeah deboer was awesome last year. until we met the kings and got out-physicalled. :(

stevens as an assistant is good enough...for now

benzni
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
yeah deboer was awesome last year. until we met the kings and got out-physicalled. :(

stevens as an assistant is good enough...for now

but it was a series we should have won. 2 OT games and game 6 we lost because of Bernier getting a 5 min.

friarfan07
12-19-2012, 01:22 PM
but it was a series we should have won. 2 OT games and game 6 we lost because of Bernier getting a 5 min.

we could have won, but i thought all along LA was the team of destiny. they simply dismantled every team until we put up an alright fight. that stupid call on bernier ruined our mojo. :mad:

benzni
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
we could have won, but i thought all along LA was the team of destiny. they simply dismantled every team until we put up an alright fight. that stupid call on bernier ruined our mojo. :mad:

yup. I believe we would have won.

it was like 3-4 goals on that PP and then one when Brodeur clearly didn't even try on in the 3rd. If we would have won that game, we would have won game 7 bank on it. It devastated us and it is a stupid rule in the first place.

friarfan07
12-20-2012, 01:37 PM
yup. I believe we would have won.

it was like 3-4 goals on that PP and then one when Brodeur clearly didn't even try on in the 3rd. If we would have won that game, we would have won game 7 bank on it. It devastated us and it is a stupid rule in the first place.

yeah, clearly that call determined the outcome of that game and the series.

we got some calls our way as well, against philly from what i recall. i chalk it up to refs being imperfect, bernier being *too* involved in the play at times, and just a terrible time to come down so harshly on a questionable play. let them play and give bernier a 2 minute minor. at least the refs wouldn't have decided the game, even if we'd lose anyway.

benzni
12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
yup, cant see why they made that call. was not even hurt. let them play. I guess thats what we got for not having to play Giroux

friarfan07
12-21-2012, 12:50 PM
^ exactly. that's one of the calls i was referring to that went our way entirely. i hate to suggest this, but i must out of boredom and frustration with this league. i wonder if bettman knew of the impending labor stoppage and intervened to make sure the bigger market team won. lol.

blueman2424
12-22-2012, 08:33 AM
i wonder if bettman knew of the impending labor stoppage and intervened to make sure the bigger market team won. lol.

Wow I hope not. Although on the other hand, imagine you're a Kings fan. You get to see your team go on a run like that, win the Cup, and then...not raise a banner at home for what could be over a year. Reminds me of Tampa Bay...

benzni
12-24-2012, 10:42 PM
lol

anyway just wanted to state happy holidays to everyone here

blueman2424
12-25-2012, 03:46 PM
anyway just wanted to state happy holidays to everyone here

Likewise - happy holidays everyone!

friarfan07
12-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow I hope not. Although on the other hand, imagine you're a Kings fan. You get to see your team go on a run like that, win the Cup, and then...not raise a banner at home for what could be over a year. Reminds me of Tampa Bay...

reminds me exactly of tampa bay, good reference. another team that, for all intents and purposes, plays in a non-hockey town, willed its way to a cup, only to officially recognize it 18 months later.

i still remember lecavalier dismantling us that year in the playoffs. :mad:

ScoPo18
01-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Hey, what's your guys opinion on the news Kovy may stay in Russia? Is there truth to it? I apologize if this is in another thread I just read the KHL stuff and saw Kovy as the big name and wanted to hear what's being said...

benzni
01-09-2013, 02:18 PM
heard about it. I fully expect him to be back in time for Training Camp. Its scary for him to be the only one there but in reality his deal is worth too much and I don't think the NHL would validate that...

I have also read on other websites why he should be back.

Thumper 88
01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
His wife tweeted that they cant wait to get back to NJ

theciveng
01-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Yea i think he comes back. I just think he really likes the attention he gets from news like this. I've read somewhere that the team he is playing for is really laying down the red carpet and trying to get him to stay. I think he likes the attention because he already had the Devils do it for him once.

Anyway...you guys see a trade coming up within the next three weeks?

benzni
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Yea i think he comes back. I just think he really likes the attention he gets from news like this. I've read somewhere that the team he is playing for is really laying down the red carpet and trying to get him to stay. I think he likes the attention because he already had the Devils do it for him once.

Anyway...you guys see a trade coming up within the next three weeks?

if u mean a trade with kovalchuk, I don't see one coming. He does have trade value but I don't know how we can even move the contract. Even with the controversies we have had trying to get him to sign, the slump, and this, he should be the captain of this team even though it sounds funny

Thumper 88
01-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Kovy showed his true colors this last season, by that I mean he's a captain and he's still one of the best players.

benzni
01-11-2013, 11:07 AM
kovy is going to come back after the all star game

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ilya-kovalchuk-cease-being-khl-pawn-return-jersey-144324932--nhl.html

Thumper 88
01-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Kovy going to light up the score boards this season!

benzni
04-30-2013, 08:41 AM
welcome back everyone

blueman2424
05-01-2013, 07:01 PM
So, of all the teams currently in the first round of the playoffs, which one do you want to be eliminated first?

(I guess I'm really just asking who you hate the most - the Rangers, Islanders, or Penguins)

Rangers?

benzni
05-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Rangers, Penguins, Bruins, Habs, kings, canucks, wings, wild, 1st rd

Islanders, Leafs, Hawks, dont care, 2nd rd

Caps, Sens, Sharks, Blues, Ducks are all teams I would like to see win the Cup

blueman2424
06-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Here's some news:

In 20 NHL seasons, Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils has earned every honor that can be bestowed upon a goaltender. He's won the Stanley Cup three times, the Vezina Trophy four times and two Olympic gold medals. But there is one distinction the Devils legend never previously received: cover athlete for EA's popular NHL video game series.

That was until now.

In a cover vote campaign that received 22 million votes online and an additional million votes through Twitter, Brodeur was selected as the cover athlete of the upcoming NHL 14 game.

In the final round of fan voting, Brodeur edged Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, who recently won the Vezina for the first time in his career. It's a new honor for 41-year-old Brodeur, who is the NHL's all-time leader in wins, saves and shutouts and likely will be enshrined someday in the Hockey Hall of Fame. Brodeur is the first goaltender to be featured on the game's cover since John Vanbiesbrouck of the Florida Panthers in 1997.

Brodeur qualified for the final by beating Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings in the second-to-last round of voting, and Bobrovsky topped John Tavares of the New York Islanders.

The cover of NHL 13 featured Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers, who was named his team's captain shortly after edging Pekka Rinne of the Nashville Predators in the final round of fan voting. Last year's installment continued the legacy of the popular video game. In all, fans spent approximately 547 million minutes playing NHL 13, roughly equivalent to 7,411 NHL seasons.

EA's NHL 14 cover vote campaign was launched April 22, and fans had the opportunity to choose from a selection of 60 of the League's top players. This year marked the second time fans could vote for the game's cover athlete and the first time they could do so using player-specific hashtags on Twitter.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675547

Thumper 88
06-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Great all the way around he his. But one thing he sucked at was being a husband to his wife lol

crzyhawk
06-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Classy move by the Devs to pick Marty's kid in the 7th round.

Thumper 88
07-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes it was. Don't think he Will ever make it pro but you never know.

crzyhawk
07-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Probably not, but meh. It's a 7th round pick, they're throw aways anyway. That's a memory that Marty and his son will always share.

Thumper 88
07-02-2013, 01:25 AM
For sure it was very classy of them.

blueman2424
07-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Two more moves by the Devils as told by ScoreCenter on my iPod:

-Elias signed for three years - $16.5 Million (I think)
-Hedberg's contract bought out

I can't find either story online yet but when I do I'll post the links.

EDIT:
Elias:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/patrik-elias-signs-three-deal-180028997.html

Hedberg:
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/04/hedberg-belanger-asham-and-powe-put-on-waivers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

blueman2424
07-05-2013, 05:19 PM
And now Ryan Clowe - 5/$24.25:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-devils-add-clowe-172652912--nhl.html

The New Jersey Devils are investing a lot of money in a banged-up player, hoping he's healthy enough to provide a good return when he makes a move over the river.

Ryane Clowe and the Devils have agreed to a $24.25 million, five-year contract, according to a person familiar with the deal. The person spoke Friday to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the agreement had not yet been announced.

The New York Rangers acquired Clowe in April from San Jose and he had three goals and five assist over 12 games during the shortened regular season. He was limited to just two playoff games with New York because a suspected concussion. Former Rangers coach John Tortorella said Clowe was New York's version of Bruins hard-hitter forward Milan Lucic.

The 30-year-old Clowe has 104 goals and 279 points in his career. Two years ago, he had career highs with 24 goals and 62 points.

New Jersey also made a significant signing Thursday, keeping forward Patrik Elias with a three-year, $16.5 million contract one day before he was eligible to become an unrestricted free agent. Elias has spent his entire 15-year career with the Devils, leading the franchise with 375 goals, 555 assists and 930 points. The Devils also re-signed veteran forward Dainius Zubrus to a three-year, $9.3 million contract.

blueman2424
07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Lou is busy! 2/$7 million for Ryder and Olesz also signed. Clarkson is gone.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/07/devils_sign_michael_ryder_to_two-year_7_million_deal.html

The Devils completed the the first day of free agency today by signing 33-year-old right winger Michael Ryder to a two-year, $7 million contract.

He will earn $3.5 million in each of the next two seasons.

Ryder split last season between Dallas and Montreal, scoring a combined 35 points (16 goals, 19 assists) in 46 games.

"He's a pure goal-scorer. We've seen enough of him with Montreal and Boston. We feel really good about that," general manager Lou Lamoriello said.

Lamoriello said he is ready to take the heat for his five-year, $24.25 million signing of forward Ryane Clowe.

"You can look at it any way you want," the GM said. "There were a lot of teams involved and we wanted to get it done right away because there was no other player out there like him. He makes everybody in the lineup another inch taller.

"I know what the perception might be. I'm not worried about that. I know when you're putting a team together how important the pieces are. Certain players' value is more important to the team than it might appear or than statistics. I have no problem with the criticism because I understand it. But I have no problem with the player."

He said Clowe could play on the top two lines.

"With Clowe we were able to satisfy the size and strength need. He's a player who can play with the top six forwards," Lamoriello said. "He's skilled. He had an off-year last year, in my mind, with the short season. He played well when he got to the Rangers and then he got hurt. We've seen enough of him. We're happy."

The Devils also signed LW Rostislav Olesz.

"Olesz played for Pete DeBoer in Florida. He's a former No. 1 pick. We know enough about him. He's big and strong. I think he wants to rejuvinate his career," Lamoriello said. "He's coming in on a one-year situation."

Lamoriello said he had addressed the Devils' needs and would now turn his attention to signing the team's own restricted free agents.

Lamoriello spoke about losing David Clarkson, who signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"I turned the page on draft day," he said, referring to when Clarkson and his agent rejected a contract offer. "We made what we thought was a substantial offer. We go forward. We appreciate what he's done for us. He was here a number of years and we appreciate that, but that is his choice. There is nothing we can do about it."

Wade n Fade
07-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey Devils fans, how is David Clarkson? I feel like my Leafs overpaid for him. Keep in mind, I watched him play once in a Panthers Devils game earlier this yr.

blueman2424
07-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Hey Devils fans, how is David Clarkson? I feel like my Leafs overpaid for him. Keep in mind, I watched him play once in a Panthers Devils game earlier this yr.

He was a little streaky last season (who wasn't?) but has been an awesome asset for the team for the last couple seasons. He's tough, gets under opponents' skin, and managed to score 30 goals in the last full season.

I miss him already.

Thumper 88
07-09-2013, 12:21 PM
He has 3 good years left

coffeenbagel
07-10-2013, 04:41 AM
devils need a new defensive leader. bryce isn't cutting it any more. maybe a rusty klesla from phx or make the big move for dione phaneuf from toronto. a package of prospects david wholberg, blake pietila, and stefan matteau nhl players d-man andy greene and center danius zubrus along with a 2nd round pick should do it.

Thumper 88
07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Yeah thats why I hope Adam larsson really takes over. The kid is so talented

BostonSports96
07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
How do Devils fans feel about trading for Vanek?

jakub
07-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Larsson has been good, but benching him will NOT help him in any way shape or form, especially for Volchenkov. Need him to play the full 82 game season and take the step to being a top pairing defender, and continue from there. Not too worried about defense though, with Merril, Severson, Genlias, Urbom in the pipelines to name a few.

jakub
07-11-2013, 11:30 PM
How do Devils fans feel about trading for Vanek?

Answered it in the other thread.

mrnclss
07-20-2013, 01:32 PM
any info on potential signings? Brunner, Grabovski, etc?

Thumper 88
07-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Nothing that I know of

benzni
07-27-2013, 11:56 AM
atleast we have added depth. You don't win with a roster full of 4th liners.

Thumper 88
07-28-2013, 11:13 PM
That is true. Hopefully they all mesh right

blueman2424
08-16-2013, 12:39 PM
So the Devils were sold to new owners and Lou is staying.

Thoughts?

Thumper 88
08-16-2013, 01:41 PM
I would love them to move to seattle but I like it because its the best for the team.. Now that we have a solid ownership & no more debt players might want to come here.. Also having a young stud goalie helps