PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Miami Heat offseason/Trade & FA Ideas

Pages : [1] 2 3

BALLER71
04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
You can talk about anything related to the off-season, Draft, FAs, trades.

List of 2008 Free Agents:Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=2008freeagents)
Top 100 NBA draft Prospects: Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/rank?draftyear=2008&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2frank%3fdraftyear%3d2008)
Rumors: Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors)
Who's in and out of the NBA draft:Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=InOut)

Important Dates:
April 27 NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline, 11:59 p.m. ET-Passed
May 20 NBA Draft Lottery (order of lottery selections is determined)-Passed
May 27-30: NBA Pre-Draft Camp (Orlando, Florida)-Passed
June 16 NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline-Passed
June 26 NBA Draft (WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)-Most important day of the off-season. Beastly here we come.

Michael Beasley is now part of the HEAT!!!!!!

fins08
04-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I want Beasley with the #1 pick if we get it. He is a scorer that we need. Rose is great but Beasley carried a horrible team with no surrounding players to a decent year. Rose had it easy. THen i would sign Monta Ellis. Then maybe even Elton Brand after i resign Dorell Wright.

BALLER71
04-20-2008, 10:27 AM
GS is trying to clear cap space for Monta, so I doubt that will happen.
I don't mind Beasley or Rose.

305 Fan
04-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Draft Beasley and sign Chris Duhon please.

DQL
04-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Draft Rose, resign Chris Quinn and let go J-Will and/or Banks

marlinsfan2
04-20-2008, 01:07 PM
why do you not like banks. he is so good. he is perfect for the team we are trying to build

blackjack5380
04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
why do you not like banks. he is so good. he is perfect for the team we are trying to build

banks is good for a third string, maybe a back up, but we already have chris quinn, who in my opinion is way better than banks, I think we should draft beasley and if marion opts out, try your best to sign gilbert, or baron, and/or josh smith

marlinsfan2
04-20-2008, 02:58 PM
banks is good for a third string, maybe a back up, but we already have chris quinn, who in my opinion is way better than banks, I think we should draft beasley and if marion opts out, try your best to sign gilbert, or baron, and/or josh smith

your insane

BALLER71
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Quinn has been better than Banks.

Barnzy33
04-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Great to see we are off to a good statr

BALLER71
04-22-2008, 07:46 AM
So with our coaching issue, it looks like Pat might retire and the most likely candidate for the job is Spoelstra.

noturnormalhero
04-22-2008, 09:51 AM
pat SHOULD retire. he proved to us and to himself that he cant do two jobs at once anymore (missing games to scout).

hoV23
04-23-2008, 12:23 AM
noooo wayyyy quinn is better then banks . your insane ill draft rose and stay with banks .. plus marion already asked for an extenstion ...

BALLER71
04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I like Banks but to say Quinn is worse is just uhhh..

blackjack5380
04-23-2008, 10:36 AM
noooo wayyyy quinn is better then banks . your insane ill draft rose and stay with banks .. plus marion already asked for an extenstion ...

Marion asked for a extenstion, but they are not going to give it to him for the money he wants, he is going to want a five year 65 million dollar contract or more, but they are only willing to give him a 4 year 40 million dollar contract or less, so unless he wants to be a thirty one year old free agent, he will opt out, he will get more money this free agency then next summer, and about quinn, are you kidding me, when quinn has started, he has averaged more points and more assist, granted banks is a better defender, but quinn has already hired a workout coach and trainer for the summer to get better for next year, I gaurantee that quinn will be played over banks, wether as a starter or a backup, he will come before banks, most likely banks will be traded this off season along with haslem....., IF they get the first pick, and shawn marion opts out, because they will just try to pick up one of the many point gaurds that are on free agency this year.

Big Zo
04-25-2008, 04:27 PM
pat SHOULD retire. he proved to us and to himself that he cant do two jobs at once anymore (missing games to scout).

He wouldn't have gone scouting if the team was still in contention. Pat is still the best guy for the job and I think he'll be back.

noturnormalhero
04-27-2008, 07:22 PM
i would have said larry brown but it looks like he's going to the bobcats

BALLER71
04-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Meh, on Larry Brown.
If Pat does retire it will most likely be Erik Spoelstra, Ron Rothestein, or Mike Fratello.

Fratello, coaching candidtate for Heat Job. Link (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/499128.html)

noturnormalhero
04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
or we could always see wat coach gets fired. think there is a few coaches on the hot seat in my opinion.

letsgofins
04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
i want van gundy carlisle spoelstra or riley.

noturnormalhero
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
*** van gundy lol. u guys are Heat fans arent u? lol. y get a coach who ripped the team this year and in case u forgot..remember that fight when he was in the knicks??? lol. i HATE when he commentates the games cuz he's extremely annoying. glad we stuck with spoelstra..new coach on a new style team. rebuilding from the coach to the team to the style.perfect. lets give him some time to see what he could do. hopefully they hook him up with some good pieces this offseason

DQL
04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
*** van gundy lol. u guys are Heat fans arent u? lol. y get a coach who ripped the team this year and in case u forgot..remember that fight when he was in the knicks??? lol. i HATE when he commentates the games cuz he's extremely annoying. glad we stuck with spoelstra..new coach on a new style team. rebuilding from the coach to the team to the style.perfect. lets give him some time to see what he could do. hopefully they hook him up with some good pieces this offseason

I think he meant Stan Van Gundy our former coach. He's a great coach. In contrast, his brother Jeff is an idiot.

noturnormalhero
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
stan van gundy for sure. not his brother. lol. definitely not Jeff. god no.

BALLER71
05-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Well Spoelstra is the coach and that's final.

noturnormalhero
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
yea. we'll see what the kid can do

BALLER71
05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Guys I posted some information about the off-season in the first post of the thread :shrug:

DQL
05-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Guys I posted some information about the off-season in the first post of the thread :shrug:

Thanks but I can't access the top 100 prospects page. I'm not insider

BALLER71
05-03-2008, 09:07 AM
:sigh:
I forgot about that...

ccnnody3
05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
i say we draft rose. then we dont resign anybody but wright. then we try to get marion to opt out then resign him for less money prolli 14 mil. by then we shuld have about 25 mil to spend. so then we sign jaminson, s.swift, duhon, chris mihm. what do you guys think?

pg.rose/duhon
sg.dwade/cook
sf.marion/wright
pf.jaminson/haslem
c.swift/mihm

ccnnody3
05-05-2008, 08:31 PM
oh i forgot to say that we shuld trade banks, blount 2nd round pick for mike miller.
pg. rose/duhon
sg. wade /cook
sf. marion/miller/wright
pf.jaminson/haslem
c.swift/mihm

BALLER71
05-05-2008, 09:00 PM
When you forget to add something, just click on edit post next time :)

But about what you said, I agree that the only player we should bring back is Wright but I wouldn't want Antwan Jamison, he's not getting any younger and he doesn't play great defense.

ccnnody3
05-05-2008, 09:44 PM
but hes a good scorer and rebounder, and we resigned shaq at about the age that jaminson is at so we'll get another ring than dump him when he starts to slow down lol

DQL
05-05-2008, 10:30 PM
i say we draft rose. then we dont resign anybody but wright. then we try to get marion to opt out then resign him for less money prolli 14 mil. by then we shuld have about 25 mil to spend. so then we sign jaminson, s.swift, duhon, chris mihm. what do you guys think?

pg.rose/duhon
sg.dwade/cook
sf.marion/wright
pf.jaminson/haslem
c.swift/mihm

I'd love to bring back Quinn and Lasme. Quinn is developing day by day and Lasme is a great defender. We need some cheap guys to fill in the roster you know. And I'd rather have Joel Anthony over Chris Mihm.

oh i forgot to say that we shuld trade banks, blount 2nd round pick for mike miller.
pg. rose/duhon
sg. wade /cook
sf. marion/miller/wright
pf.jaminson/haslem
c.swift/mihm

What Memphis wants are expirings or some nice young guys. No way in hell they take Blount's hefty contract

BALLER71
05-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Yeah im hoping we bring back Lasme and Quinn :pray:

twissst89
05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Yea. We should definitely bring back Quinn, Lasme,Wright and don't forget Anthony. I would sign them all to a 5 year contract. Quinn, Lasme and Anthony could proly be gotten for a mil a year each, with Wright being more. It would be nice since there all young with potential and it wouldnt be hurting our cap.

BALLER71
05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Woah.
They're good but 5 year contracts?
And 1M?
I'd say like 600K

twissst89
05-06-2008, 07:09 PM
1 mils not that much. All their prices should rise in a couple years since they got potential thats y i think 5 years. Quinn might be wanting more than that.

ccnnody3
05-09-2008, 01:49 PM
if we end up getting the 3rd or 4th pick i think the best move wuld to trade it. i would like to trade it to a team like the blazers. they culd use another star so we culd throw in shawn marion with our pick and trade them for a bunch of young players with potential. we culd trade , Marcus banks,blake Ahearn, Shawn marion, our pick, for travis outlaw,Joel Przybilla,Steve Blake,Channing Frye,james jones.then we dont resign anybody but wright, quin, and ricky davis.then we pick up either jaminson, brand, arenas,b.davis, or maggete. i want arenas

pg.Arenas/blake/quin
sg.wade/cook/kasib powel
sf.r.davis/outlaw/jones
pf.haslem/frye/wright
c.przybilla/blount/anthony

playing time/rotation-
pg.arenas 80%/blake 20%
sg.wade 80%/cook 10%/jones 10%
sf.davis 50%/outlaw 50%
pf.haslem 60%/wright 40%
c.przybilla 60%/frye 40%

DQL
05-09-2008, 02:15 PM
if we end up getting the 3rd or 4th pick i think the best move wuld to trade it. i would like to trade it to a team like the blazers. they culd use another star so we culd throw in shawn marion with our pick and trade them for a bunch of young players with potential. we culd trade , Marcus banks,blake Ahearn, Shawn marion, our pick, for travis outlaw,Joel Przybilla,Steve Blake,Channing Frye,james jones.then we dont resign anybody but wright, quin, and ricky davis.then we pick up either jaminson, brand, arenas,b.davis, or maggete. i want arenas

pg.Arenas/blake/quin
sg.wade/cook/kasib powel
sf.r.davis/outlaw/jones
pf.haslem/frye/wright
c.przybilla/blount/anthony

playing time/rotation-
pg.arenas 80%/blake 20%
sg.wade 80%/cook 10%/jones 10%
sf.davis 50%/outlaw 50%
pf.haslem 60%/wright 40%
c.przybilla 60%/frye 40%

Sorry but we wouldn't have cap space to sign top players like Arenas (just check the payroll). And I don't like your lineup. Arenas and Davis are ballhogs. There wouldn't be enough balls for all

LayZbone
05-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Now we know we're getting Beasley or Rose. If we get Beasley, that likely means we're shipping out Haslem. I've also read rumors that Pat really wants Rose, and is open to trading the pick if Rose is taken. Aparently the reports are that he's no completely sold on Beasley. My guess is that he just said that so that teams can send him enticing offers.....But I doubt he'd really trade the pick unless it's for something awesome. I've also read that Marion really wants to stay, and that Marion is leaning towards opting out...:confused:. These writers are just putting crap on paper and it's starting to confuse me. Where would Marion go? Philly is the only team with cap room. My guess is that we don't trade the pick, and settle for whoever Chicago doesn't pick. I also think that Marion will stay with the team....but if he opts out it just gives us a ton of cap room so w/e.

06-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Nets: Hughes, Marion, #2 pick
Heat: Carter, Jefferson, #1 pick
Bulls: Wade, #10 pick

rose, carter, jefferson, haslem will be be playbound right away.

LayZbone
06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Nets: Hughes, Marion, #2 pick
Heat: Carter, Jefferson, #1 pick
Bulls: Wade, #10 pick

rose, carter, jefferson, haslem will be be playbound right away.

Wade/Marion/Beasley for Carter/Jefferson/Rose???? Hell to the no.

BALLER71
06-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Holy ****, the Draft is June 26!
I didn't know.

06-20-2008, 11:08 AM

why not? heat organization seems to want rose. n i think Carter/Jefferson/Rose + Haslem would be a better line up than Wade/Marion/Beasley.

DQL
06-20-2008, 02:32 PM
why not? heat organization seems to want rose. n i think Carter/Jefferson/Rose + Haslem would be a better line up than Wade/Marion/Beasley.

We want Rose to play w/ Wade, we don't want to trade Wade for Rose

You probably don't know bball if you say Carter/Jefferson/Rose/Haslem is better than Wade/Marion/Beasley and maybe Mo Williams. Wade>Carter (leadership, versatility, age, not to mention Carter is too lazy he has no passion), Marion>Jefferson (defense, versatility, athleticism), Beasley>Haslem (scoring, athleticism, age). I know Rose>Mo but come on. 3>1 (and Rose might be just as good as Mo who knows). This deal is just terrible. We won't trade Wade anyway even for 2 Roses

ATX
06-20-2008, 06:15 PM

:laugh:

Wade/Marion/Beasley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carter/Jefferson/Rose

BALLER71
06-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Wade >>>>>>> Carter
Marion = Jefferson
Beastly > Rose

BALLER71
06-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Strengths: A fabulous athlete with an NBA ready body... Completed one of the most dominant seasons in college basketball history, as a freshman … His length, quickness, jumping ability and strength combine to make him one of the most difficult match ups … He has range from anywhere on the floor all the way out to NBA three, but is especially effective with his soft touch around the rim, where he uses both hands to finish with a variety of moves … His left handed jump shot is a thing of beauty, with a smooth release, he has good arc and is very balanced getting his legs under him to get great elevation … Most dangerous out of the mid-post where he can square his man up, and attack with a variety of moves; including strong takes to the hoop, a nice midrange pull-up, or simply shooting over the top of helpless defenders … From the triple threat his jabs and shot fakes are extremely efficient because he not only has a quick first step, but also a very long one that allows him to get by people at will … When the defender tries to beat him to the spot, he has a terrific spin move that is virtually unstoppable … His post game has progressed nicely, and he has shown a nice touch on a variety of hook-shots and fadeaways ... He fights hard to get good position on the block, and even harder when crashing the O glass, as seen by the 4 offensive rebounds that he averaged per game … His ability to play the passing lanes and come over weakside to block shots, further adds to his ability to fill the stat sheet … A strong personality with great confidence who never gets down on himself. There are few doubts about him becoming a bigtime impact talent at the next level ...

Weaknesses: Even though he has great length and body strength, he is somewhat undersized for the PF spot at the next level … His perimeter skills, while effective against weaker competition, may not be refined enough to allow him to move over to the SF position just yet, so there are some question marks regarding his position … His game is based on sheer athleticism and strength, but his actual basketball skills can use some refinement … Going right he is very shaky, and struggles dribbling the ball more than twice with his right hand … He has decent footwork in the post, but an overall lack of go-to moves, forces him to at times get out of control and to leave his feet and throw up some ill-advised shots, although his ability to create in these situations is remarkable … His mentality is to score no matter how many people are guarding him, countless times, he would find himself facing a double or even triple team, yet he would still opt to shoot instead of finding an open teammate. Something that can be at least partially attributed to a lack of quality teammates … Averaged a measly 1.2 assists per game, which may not only be a testament to his scoring mentality, but also to his marginal vision … His decision making is also suspect at times, he gets into trouble by trying to do too much, then attempts to throw difficult passes … Defensively, he has come a long way from simply wondering around the court, but that doesn’t mean that he is by any means a stopper just yet. He has the potential to be an incredible defender, but he has yet to show the willingness to get nasty and play with the same effort on that end of the floor … Man to man, he is decent and shows improved desire but can improve … From a team standpoint, he is still not very good at reading angles and being in good help position but that should come with experience … There is some concern about his work ethic and whether cashing huge checks before the age of 19 will have an effect on his motor.

Notes: His on-court demeanor has looked very good throughout the year, as he has shown no signs of the previous attitude problems … Off the court he has matured very nicely as well, and most of the problems that have plagued him throughout high-school seem to have dissipated …

NBA draft.net

GermanLakersFan
06-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Hey guyz, read before u answer plz...
do u think your FO would consider the folowing trade:

Lamar Odom + Radman

for

Marion

or what adjustments would it take to make the deal work? any other player u think your FO would want involved?

don't kill me for this it's just a question

DQL
06-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Hey guyz, read before u answer plz...
do u think your FO would consider the folowing trade:

Lamar Odom + Radman

for

Marion

or what adjustments would it take to make the deal work? any other player u think your FO would want involved?

don't kill me for this it's just a question

nah

_Supreme_
06-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Some more stuff that doesn't make Rose seem as good as his hype, for what it's worth of course:

Solid first-rounders (he is only grading the perimeter players here)

D.J. Augustin, Texas (14.88); Derrick Rose, Memphis (14.69); Mario Chalmers, Kansas (14.03); Jerryd Bayless, Arizona (14.03).

Surprisingly, nobody rates as a slam-dunk lottery pick, not even Derrick Rose. In fact, Rose came in only second here, partly because he had such a slow start to his freshman season before picking up steam at the end.

Is this enough reason to draft Augustin ahead of Rose? No, because the margin between them is miniscule, and even if their career PERs end up the same, Rose will have far more defensive value given his superior size.

The bigger question is whether a team can justify taking Rose ahead of Michael Beasley, whose 19.19 is the best mark by anyone in the six years for which I have data. Yes, Beasley appears to be a space cadet and that's troubling, but what these numbers say to me is that the talent disparity is simply too big. That is, unless Beasley is such a train wreck off the court that he sabotages his own career, he's probably going to have much better results than Rose. In fact, you can make a strong case that Kevin Love should rank ahead of Rose on draft boards as well.

link (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=DraftRater-080622&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft2008%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumni st%3dhollinger_john%26page%3dDraftRater-080622)

LayZbone
06-23-2008, 10:03 AM
nah

Yeah, nah. I'm open to trading Marion, but I'd rather do it for Brand (if Pat could somehow pull that off). People keep talking about trading the pick...I say keep the duo of Wade and Beasley (which will make us a playoff team for some time)...and trade Marion who doesn't look like he'll opt out.

BALLER71
06-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Something we haven't been talking about much is re-signing J-Will and Ricky Davis.
Honestly I don't think any of them should be re-signed.

daleja424
06-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I could see Ricky Davis resigning if he wanted to sign a deal slightly above league min... like 2.5 mil a year or something!

kntresistheheat
06-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Ricky can definatly help of the bench, could come in for wade or any of fowards and can give us some much needed 3s

BALLER71
06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
But I really want them to re-sign D-Wright.

mia305king
06-23-2008, 12:30 PM

I also want the heat to resign him

WntAbCEO
06-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I heard that Marion was being shopped so what would it take for him to be in a Pacer jersey (everthing is on the table except Jermaine O'neal)

TrueFan23
06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
http://probasketballnews.com/amico_062508.html

The Miami Heat have found a taker in their quest to trade the No. 2 draft pick, a source familiar with the situation told Pro Basketball News. The source did not indicate which team would be the Heat’s trading partner, or what other draft picks or players are involved.

* The supposed deal will reportedly be announced during or shortly after the draft. According to the source, the Heat will select USC guard O.J. Mayo and trade him. Kansas State forward Michael Beasley is expected to fall to No. 3 -- although not to Minnesota, which is expected to trade down.

New York is one team rumored to be involved in the sweepstakes for the No. 2 pick, with the Knicks reportedly hoping to land Mayo. If that’s the case, the Heat would likely receive either Stephon Marbury or Jamal Crawford in return, as well as the Knicks’ No. 6 pick. As has been reported by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Knicks could also end up with Shawn Marion.

ATX
06-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm not buying that...We don't need Crawford...We already have Wade, and if Marbury's coming to Miami that means Marion would have to go to NY, due to salary issues...So Marion and Beasley for Marbury and the 6th pick?..nope, not buying it.

maxima2k53
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
bs....notin but bs

daleja424
06-25-2008, 07:49 PM
It would have to be something we are not expecting... Maybe Marion/Haslem/Banks for Robinson/Rose/Curry/James/#6 or something... I know not a lot of us like Curry, but reports are that he has been working out really hard this summer to get into shape...

But if Miami is trading with NY I don't think OUR draft pick will be included... Unless it is something where the Heat trade Blount/Banks/Haslem/#2 for Marbury/Lee/#6??? That would give Miami A LOT of cap space next summer but they would be bad this year I think...

fishfan79
06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
they took the proposed trade o marion/blount for the 6+ unstarberry and twisted it, ny type websites do that

CaleX(RR)MIA™
06-25-2008, 09:37 PM
terrible trade for miami... pat wont do that

ATX
06-26-2008, 10:44 AM

We did!

BALLER71
06-26-2008, 10:52 AM
when?

ATX
06-26-2008, 11:23 AM
when?

I read it this morning, either in the sun sentinal, herald, espn, or yahoo...I've been looking for the link, but I can't seem to find it...But I read that the Heat signed Wright, Powell, and Quinn to qualifying offer sheets...I guess either last night or this morning...I'll keep looking for a link.

ATX
06-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Link:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheatnote26sbjun26,0,7171482.story

Excerpt:

The Heat made three moves Wednesday to protect its depth, extending qualifying offers to forward Dorell Wright, guard Chris Quinn and forward Kasib Powell.

The moves mean the Heat can match outside offers for the three, who become restricted free agents. The free-agency period opens Tuesday.

The qualifying offer for Wright is about $2.4 million for next season. It is unlikely the Heat would match any outside offer that calls for a significant jump from that figure or multiple years that would take the contract beyond 2009-2010.

The qualifying offer for Quinn is just above the league's minimum salary.

By qualifying Powell, the Heat now has rights to two of the NBA Development League players who ended the season on the roster, with forward Stephane Lasme already holding a conditional contract for next season.

BALLER71
06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Good news.

awr0430
06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
^^^^ Agreed it would be utter stupidity.

BALLER71
06-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Marion > Marbury
Beasley > 6th pick.

But the thing is Marbury's contract expires, thats 20M of free space.
Which means Boozer or Brand or big superstar in 2010.

kntresistheheat
06-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I see wade really pissed off this season!!!

BobSaget
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Just as long as Shaq doesn't rap about him and asks him how his asss tastes then i think he'll be alright.

kntresistheheat
06-26-2008, 12:19 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Just as long as Shaq doesn't rap about him and asks him how his asss tastes then i think he'll be alright.

blackjack5380
06-26-2008, 12:49 PM
they took the proposed trade o marion/blount for the 6+ unstarberry and twisted it, ny type websites do that

This is a great trade for miami, they get to keep the number two, get a point guard, and get number six, even though they are giving up marion in the deal, I think that would be a great trade for Miami, if this is true, I dont know why NY would do this but maybe they really like marion.

DQL
06-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I heard that Marion was being shopped so what would it take for him to be in a Pacer jersey (everthing is on the table except Jermaine O'neal)

I'd like to trade Marion for Granger. I'm working on a trade but it's hard to match the salaries

yboord028
06-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Yay Chris Quinn :cheer:

I made a thread when he was signed as an Undrafted Free Agent about how he could be valuable, thats why I like him just so you know.

fins08
06-28-2008, 08:51 AM
OK, the Rumors thread is full of rumors that may actually happen. So, after viewing a few other threads, I decided to make this thread where you put YOUR hypothetical trade ideas in here so the rumors thread is for rumors. Post here and don't clutter the forum with your made up trade ideas please. Also, put your opinions in here on who we should sign in Free Agency.

BigT901
06-28-2008, 08:55 AM
We should trade Beasely, Blount, and Haslem For Elton Brand. would you guys do that trade.

fins08
06-28-2008, 08:57 AM
^^^NO!!!! Beasley is should not be traded IMO. Beasley right now is worth more than Brand. But, thanks for putting that idea in here and net making a new thread.

daleja424
06-28-2008, 09:07 AM
We should trade Beasely, Blount, and Haslem For Elton Brand. would you guys do that trade.

NO THANKYOU. Maybe Beasley/Blount/Banks for Carlos Boozer/Kosta Koufus... I would have to get a deal like that to make me even think about trading Haslem...

Rolla
06-28-2008, 09:25 AM
i dont know why people want to get rid of beasley, lets see what he does for us first

Gazza_Flash03
06-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Wot a shockin trade. Beasley is gunna be awesome. No way we gonna trade him, and brand is old and injury prone. Beasley gonna be better than boozer aswell. B-Easy and Wade awesome.
If you wanna trade for someone get pg. and we shud get biedrins in free agency for our C spot

SwaggaIke
06-28-2008, 10:24 AM
The Miami Heat made qualifying offers to forwards Dorell Wright and Kasib Powell and guard Chris Quinn on Wednesday, making them restricted free agents.

Wright appeared in 44 games last season, 34 of them starts, averaging 7.9 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game. With the 19th choice in the 2004 NBA Draft, the Heat made Wright its first-ever high school draftee.

Quinn started in 25 of his 60 appearances in the 2007-2008 season, averaging 7.8 points, 3.0 assists and 2.0 rebounds per game while shooting 40.3 percent from three-point range.

Powell played just 11 games for Miami, including four starts, and averaged 7.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists. He was named the 2007-2008 NBA Developmental League Most Valuable Player, averaging 22.2 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.4 steals for the Sioux Falls Skyforce.

I hope we keep Wright...

BobSaget
06-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Beasley stays.

ATX
06-28-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't see us getting any restricted free agents this year unless of course it includes trading Haslem...So out of the UFA and considering we only really have the MLE to work with...I would want to split it between Diop and Dooling...possibly resigning Davis...I don't see us getting Diop, because Dallas is probably gong to throw the full MLE at him, and thats too much if ask me.

ATX
06-28-2008, 10:49 AM

Certainly not!

DQL
06-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm not gonna trade Beasley. This trade is just for fun. I want to see how ppl value him

Beasley+Blount+Banks for Brand+Jordan

hahaha I think both Heat fans and Clippers fans won't do this

MiamiHeat
06-28-2008, 01:40 PM
How about Blount Haslem for Bogut???
Haslem for Bogut??

fins08
06-28-2008, 01:41 PM
NO. DeAndre is not that good.. I would never ever trade B Easy.

MiamiHeat
06-28-2008, 01:46 PM
How about Andrew Bogut? what would you offer for him

Will that solve our center problems if we get him not a amazing center but a decent one 7'0 CENTER and only 23 years old

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 14.3
RPG 9.80
APG 2.6

His contract goes to 2009/10

$6,294,306 2008/09

$8,182,598 2009/10

Is he untouchable??
Edit/Delete Message

DQL
06-28-2008, 01:54 PM
NO. DeAndre is not that good.. I would never ever trade B Easy.

ok. I want to hear someone else b/c you are #1 Beasley fan at PSD

And I would like to ask you only. How about Beasley for LeBron?

daleja424
06-28-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not gonna trade Beasley. This trade is just for fun. I want to see how ppl value him

Beasley+Blount+Banks for Brand+Jordan

hahaha I think both Heat fans and Clippers fans won't do this

I'd probably do it. More importantly, Riley would probably do it. I would have to include Haslem as a salary purge though and get back Brevin Knight. But Clippers fans wouldn't even think about this... We'd be in good position next summer though...

shift005
06-28-2008, 02:41 PM
haslem for hinrick?

i hear felton is on the block.

two great PG there.

as for center - you got me, just run a small lineup if anything and look to get a big guy next year. i love haslem and dont necessarily want to trade him but he's a great chip and maybe we can package him w/ blount and free some $ up.

danbola
06-28-2008, 02:48 PM
What is everybody's fascination with DeAndre Jordan? He has no basketball skill, he is just a big athletic 7 footer. I doubt he contributes at all in the nba for a good 3-4 years. Last thing I want is to be waiting years for a player to show up, like we've done with Wright.

The perfect trade for me would involve getting a real center on the team, not one of the many crappy centers(Kwame, Curry) I see people saying we should go after.

I would be willing to trade any of the following: Marion, Wright, Blount, Banks, and Haslem if we could get any of these centers.

Bogut, Bynum, Tyson Chandler, Dalembert, Okafor, Al Jefferson, Kaman, maybe Sean Williams of the Nets, and maybe Brendan Haywood.

daleja424
06-28-2008, 02:55 PM
What is everybody's fascination with DeAndre Jordan? He has no basketball skill, he is just a big athletic 7 footer. I doubt he contributes at all in the nba for a good 3-4 years. Last thing I want is to be waiting years for a player to show up, like we've done with Wright.

The perfect trade for me would involve getting a real center on the team, not one of the many crappy centers(Kwame, Curry) I see people saying we should go after.

I would be willing to trade any of the following: Marion, Wright, Blount, Banks, and Haslem if we could get any of these centers.

Bogut, Bynum, Tyson Chandler, Dalembert, Okafor, Al Jefferson, Kaman, maybe Sean Williams of the Nets, and maybe Brendan Haywood.

Jefferson, Bynum, Chandler, Bogut, and Kaman are all but untouchable. Dalembert and Okafor have/will have terrible contracts. And Sean Williams and Brandan Haywood dont have much more basketball skill then Jordan dude. haywood is decent, but not really that good...

King Koopa
06-28-2008, 03:11 PM
haywood would be nice.

danbola
06-28-2008, 03:17 PM
I know Haywood isnt much, but he has a good contract. And Sean Williams I would only go after because I dont think it will cost much, and he is a defensive minded player. The other names would probably take too much to get, but Im really only trying to make a point by using them. If we did make any trade it should be in our favor and with intention of adding a player that fits our future plans. I dont like the idea of any quick fixes bringing on average players.

I am totally happy going into the season with this lineup:
Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Cook
Marion/Wright or Davis
Beasley/Haslem
Blount/Zo

Let Chalmers and Beasley have a full year to learn and develop in the nba, and next year we will have alot of cap room as well as a good expiring contract to go after a good player.

Jonathan2323
06-28-2008, 03:19 PM
How about be try to sign James Jones and or Jamal Tinsley

sergiogon
06-28-2008, 03:22 PM
what about marion+cook or mario for gerald wallace and felton???

Master Mind
06-28-2008, 03:28 PM
what about marion+cook or mario for gerald wallace and felton???

I actually posted that in Charlotte's forum in their trade thread earlier...:p

I'd be fine with it--

Gerald Wallace is 25---Great athlete and defender...
Highlights-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6phQvwUM8A

Raymond Felton is 23---Great penetrator and distributor
Highlights-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqE3Mw_IZI

Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace mix--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F71UCJe-1E&feature=related

They're young players with experience to add to our youth movement---

BTW, Welcome sergiogon!!!!

Master Mind
06-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Come to think about it, I love the idea of making a trade for Gerald Wallace and Raymond Felton...

daleja424
06-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Id do marion/cook for wallace/felton (or Okafor)--- reports are that they are much more open to moving Okafor then felton...

Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Davis
Wallace/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
Okafor/Zo

...good team with good depth...

Master Mind
06-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Id do marion/cook for wallace/felton (or Okafor)--- reports are that they are much more open to moving Okafor then felton...

Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Davis
Wallace/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
Okafor/Zo

...good team with good depth...

:speechless:Nasty Line-up...Im :pray: it happens...

Master Mind
06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
^^^On second thought Charlotte is trying to retain Okafor plus we'd have to include Haslem in the deal...But that would be absolutely awesome!!!!!

sergiogon
06-28-2008, 04:00 PM
thank you master mind

daleja424
06-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Id send Marion/Haslem/Cook for Okafor/Wallace/any contract they want to send (Nazr?Carroll?Morrison?)

ATX
06-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Sean Williams stats as a rookie while only playing 17 minutes per contest:

Link:

http://stats.silive.com/nba/playerstats.asp?id=4295&team=

He already has his rookie year out of the way and with say 28 minutes per game (with Alonzo taking the other 20 or so) I think it's reasonable to assume he could put up 12pts and 9rbs with 2blks a game, while shooting .538%. I think he'd be a perfect fit...NJ is loaded with big men...Krstic, Lopez, Boone, Yi, Anderson, Swift...We should try and get him. Williams at this point is MUCH more productive than DeAndre Jordan...who will probably spend plenty of time in the D League...if he plays, he will see about 6-8 mins of action a game, averaging 2pts and 2boards...and doesn't he shoot FT's in the 40%-50% range.

ATX
06-28-2008, 04:13 PM
An excerpt I should have added:

Analysis: Williams, the 17th pick in last June's draft, has shown flashes of brilliance in his rookie season. He scored 22 points with eight rebounds in his first start Nov. 17, but was soon demoted to the bench. If he gets regular playing time, he should be a great source of blocks. He's averaging 2.2 blocks this season despite limited opportunities.

So I should have upped my 2 blks per avg to 3!!

Master Mind
06-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Id send Marion/Haslem/Cook for Okafor/Wallace/any contract they want to send (Nazr?Carroll?Morrison?)

In a heartbeat!!!!!!:jumpy:

daleja424
06-28-2008, 04:15 PM
"He's gunna be the ROY next year, and Rose's Bulls will shed a tear..."
"The Bulls 'll wish they'd taken Beast, cuz now they'll never win the east"
"Rose looks like a baller, when he dribbles the ball, but damn man, calm down, the dude's no Chris Paul."

somebody add that to ur sig. it was on mine... but I write a blog for PSD and it has apparently offended some Bulls fans...

Master Mind
06-28-2008, 04:29 PM
It works in trade machine but Okafor is excluded because he's a restricted free agent---

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2753~568~1026~3196~510&teams=14~14~14~30~30&te=&cash=

daleja424
06-28-2008, 04:35 PM
It works in trade machine but Okafor is excluded because he's a restricted free agent---

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2753~568~1026~3196~510&teams=14~14~14~30~30&te=&cash=

oak would have to be included as part of a S/T...

sergiogon
06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
mohammed? no please

daleja424
06-28-2008, 04:54 PM
mohammed? no please

why not? If it could get okafor and wallace??? are u kidding...

sergiogon
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
yes but...moammed,banks,blount...bad contracts

daleja424
06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
true... but we would be sooo set if it happened it would be hard not to pull the trigger to tell the truth... we could always buy the out...

fins08
06-28-2008, 07:42 PM
How bout Marion for Conley and contracts?

daleja424
06-28-2008, 08:12 PM
How bout Marion for Conley and contracts?

haha... they dont have any contracts left... at least none Id be willing to take. Id take Walkers contract but want nothing to do with agers or jarics and we would have to take them to make this work...

fins08
06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
OK. Billups may be traded. Any ideas for him?

daleja424
06-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Ummmm Billups/Prince/Johnson for Marion/Haslem/Banks

fins08
06-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Who is Johnson? I would do that. Tayshaun is a great young player.

daleja424
06-28-2008, 09:44 PM
amir johnson...

fins08
06-28-2008, 09:49 PM
O. But Detroit would never do that.

daleja424
06-28-2008, 09:54 PM
haha... i wouldnt think they would

fins08
06-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Memphis has 5 PG's. We can nap 1 for Haslem.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 10:41 AM
but would we want any of them??? none of them are in any better position to start then chalmers... are they?

fins08
06-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Conley is. But Riley liked Crittenton last year. lowry is OK. OJ, and Jaric are the other 2.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Conley is. But Riley liked Crittenton last year. lowry is OK. OJ, and Jaric are the other 2.

But besides Jaric they are all young players with very little experience and none of them bring the things to the table that Chalmers do... Chalmers actually has more PG experience then guys like Crittenton, Mayo, Lowry, or Conley... If we are going to go with a young inexperienced PG it mine as well be Chalmers...

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I think the best scenario for us would be to trade Haslem/Blount/Cook for Lafrentz/Frye. Frye could be our starting C for the next 10 years. As a starter his rookie year he averaged nearly 15 pts, 8 rebounds, and a block a game in about 32 minutes. I think this guy could really be the answer for us... plus we could get a lot of cap space next year and maybe get 2 great players next summer.... or we could trade Mairons contract for a starting PG and still have cap space next year or another player...

danbola
06-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Thats a great trade for us considering all the cap space it gives us. Although Im not too sure if I agree about Frye. Im looking at his stats now and he only averages .5 block per game over his career. I'd like to have a bit more of a defensive minded center.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Thats a great trade for us considering all the cap space it gives us. Although Im not too sure if I agree about Frye. Im looking at his stats now and he only averages .5 block per game over his career. I'd like to have a bit more of a defensive minded center.

go back and look at 05 as a starter. when he played about 32 minutes a game he was averaging over a block a game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3934/splits?year=2005&type=Fielding

noturnormalhero
06-29-2008, 09:50 PM

there are certain things in basketball that arent found on stat sheets which is why i cant stand "fans" who just look at stats and % of a player as their reasonings for judging a player. who cares if he avged less then .5 blocks a game? if he has good feet,good presence,contest shots,blocks lanes,gets rebounds or least blocks out well..u wouldnt take that into consideration because of lack of Blocks? think about it. I could tell a lot of you dont watch college basketball unless it's the NCAA tournament or highlights on ESPN or u just read what OTHER people say. Frye would be a nice player to have and the thought of him coming here especially since it gives us more cap space is amazing.

danbola
06-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow, so Im one of the "fans" you cant stand? Keep in mind Im one of the very few loyal Heat fans that went to 30-35 games this year, even when Wade and Marion were out.

The only reason I looked at his stats is because I have only seen him play once or twice, and he didnt do much. I'd like to be able to go over hours of game film on him before I comment, but Im not sure thats in my best interest. The only real knowledge I have of him is that he was a high draft pick who hasnt lived up to any of his hype. Im guessing by your post, you have seen him play many times and have alot of knowledge of his game. Im sure he has great feet, great presence, contests every shot, blocks all the lanes, gets all the rebounds, is great at blocking out, and just has happened to put up crappy numbers. He is 25, and has played 3 years in the nba. For his career, as a starter, he has averaged .6 blocks per game and 6 rebounds per game. Im not so sure he is the type of player I'd go out of my way to acquire and put in our starting lineup. His great "feet" have obviously not been good enough to get him into the starting lineup on his own team.

daleja424
06-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Wow, so Im one of the "fans" you cant stand? Keep in mind Im one of the very few loyal Heat fans that went to 30-35 games this year, even when Wade and Marion were out.

The only reason I looked at his stats is because I have only seen him play once or twice, and he didnt do much. I'd like to be able to go over hours of game film on him before I comment, but Im not sure thats in my best interest. The only real knowledge I have of him is that he was a high draft pick who hasnt lived up to any of his hype. Im guessing by your post, you have seen him play many times and have alot of knowledge of his game. Im sure he has great feet, great presence, contests every shot, blocks all the lanes, gets all the rebounds, is great at blocking out, and just has happened to put up crappy numbers. He is 25, and has played 3 years in the nba. For his career, as a starter, he has averaged .6 blocks per game and 6 rebounds per game. Im not so sure he is the type of player I'd go out of my way to acquire and put in our starting lineup. His great "feet" have obviously not been good enough to get him into the starting lineup on his own team.

well he is most naturally a PF I think... and he has Aldridge in front of him...

sergiogon
06-30-2008, 07:37 AM
blount+cook for milicic and haslem+banks for felton+mohammed

Felton/Mario/Quinn
Wade/Davis
Marion/Dorell/James jones
Beasley/Lashme
Milicic/Zo/Mohammed/Anthony

LayZbone
07-08-2008, 02:46 AM
wouldn't it be great if we could trade Marion for say....Josh Smith (S&T) and Zaza Pachulia (expiring) or Speedy Claxton. We'd have a great future with Beasley/Smith/Wade/Chalmers....but would ATL do that? Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson would be a throwback duo from their days together in PHX...but instead of Nash and Amare, they have Bibby and Horford.

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 07:43 AM
is there a way to sign jr smith?he could be a great sixthman.and as for the starting point guard spot,i think that chalmers is great and that he is a very good and solid player.

daleja424
07-08-2008, 07:46 AM
is there a way to sign jr smith?he could be a great sixthman.and as for the starting point guard spot,i think that chalmers is great and that he is a very good and solid player.

no. he is looking for 10-12 mil and we can't offer him more then the MLE (6 mil)

plus he is resitricted so even if he was ******** and wanted to come to Miami for 6mil Atlanta would just match the offer anyways...

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 07:46 AM
i would also love to have monta ellis in miami.he is very young and talented.is there a possibility to sign him?

daleja424
07-08-2008, 07:48 AM
no again. he too is restricted and looking for closer to 10 mil a year... out of our range. The only way to get either is a S/T with marion

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 07:50 AM
do u prefer marion or ellis?

daleja424
07-08-2008, 08:08 AM
I think Chalmers could be special so Id rather give him the minutes and keep marion.... Unless we could get ellis AND biedrins so how for Marion... then its worth doing...

nickwade2
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
How about we trade Marion, Haslem, and a future 1st round pick or picks to the suns for Stoudemire and if they want to through Diaw or Barbosa contract in. All three of there contacts expire for then 2010 free agency sweepstakes.

Chalmers\ Barbosa?
Wade
Wright\ Diaw?
Beasely\ Diaw?
Stoudemire

Nash
Bell
Marion
Haslem
Shaq

Do you think they would do that there roster kind of looks like our when we won it all.

King Koopa
07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
How about we trade Marion, Haslem, and a future 1st round pick or picks to the suns for Stoudemire and if they want to through Diaw or Barbosa contract in. All three of there contacts expire for then 2010 free agency sweepstakes.

Chalmers\ Barbosa?
Wade
Wright\ Diaw?
Beasely\ Diaw?
Stoudemire

Nash
Bell
Marion
Haslem
Shaq

Do you think they would do that there roster kind of looks like our when we won it all.

Why would they trade there best player???? besides, why would they want Marion back??????

nickwade2
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Because they want to get rid of diaw and barbosa contract and I think Marion and Haslem fit there team better for a 1 year shot at a championship which is what there looking to do with shaq. They also will have tons of cap space after shaq retires.

kntresistheheat
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I think he is talking about J.R SMITH, Not JOSH SMITH??????

no. he is looking for 10-12 mil and we can't offer him more then the MLE (6 mil)

plus he is resitricted so even if he was ******** and wanted to come to Miami for 6mil Atlanta would just match the offer anyways...

Jonathan2323
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
JR Smith=Ricky Davis

Master Mind
07-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Free agent signing is set to begin at midnight, we're out of the Pietrus sweepstakes...

Master Mind
07-08-2008, 06:43 PM
With free agent signings set to begin at midnight Tuesday, the Heat is out of the hunt for Golden State swingman Mickael Pietrus, and Miami forward Dorell Wright has a new agent.

Pietrus, a Heat target the past year, is close to reaching a deal with another team, according to his agent, Bill McCandless.

The Heat's failure to land Pietrus, an unrestricted free agent, could be indicative of what's to come as the front office tries to add depth in a cost-effective manner. Miami has little salary cap space and president Pat Riley has said the team wants players who would accept short-term deals and not force the Heat to exceed the salary cap threshold, which will be announced when free agent signings begin.

Riley told reporters Monday in Orlando at the summer league that the Heat likely would take a wait-and-see approach in attempting to sign free agents and the team's best options might be to acquire players via trades.

Riley said the team would go ''slowly'' and find players that ''fit'' the team's direction.

''They have priorities they are addressing,'' McCandless said Tuesday. ``I think they don't include being able to pay a substantial amount of the midlevel exception to a player like [Mickael] at this moment.''

He later said: ``Miami is out.''

McCandless joked that he feels like he should have moved into Heat general manager Randy Pfund's office because they have discussed trying to get Pietrus to the Heat for the past 12 ˝ months -- amounting to at least 45 conversations.

Pietrus, 26, averaged 7.2 points and 3.7 rebounds last season for the Warriors. He is athletic, a solid defender and outside shooting threat in the mold of former Heat player James Posey. Pietrus shot 36.1 percent from three-point range last season -- the same as NBA MVP Kobe Bryant.

Pietrus, who keeps a home in his native Guadeloupe in the Caribbean, had interest in the Heat but McCandless said the Heat discussed possible scenarios that could entice the veteran but never made an offer.

McCandless declined to say which team Pietrus is nearing a deal with, but said the teams that expressed interest other than the Heat were New Jersey, New York, Detroit, San Antonio, Seattle, Atlanta, Orlando, Boston and the Los Angeles Lakers.

With free agents able to sign contracts at midnight, it's also unclear what the future holds for restricted free agent and former Heat first-round pick Wright.

Wright signed with agent Bob Myers, who is part of the Los Angeles-based Wasserman media group that represents several NBA marquee players.

''I'm not working with Dorell at this time,'' Calvin Andrews, Wright's former agent, said Tuesday afternoon, adding that he was unsure which teams are pursuing Wright.

The Heat tendered a $2.4 million qualifying offer last month, giving the team the right to match offers to Wright from other teams. At the NBA Draft in New York on June 26, Wright said he expected interest from other teams but prefers to stay in Miami.

Teams that reportedly have interest in Wright, who is coming off knee surgery to repair torn cartilage, are San Antonio, Philadelphia and Denver.

ATX
07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
^^Man, I hope we can resign Wright to the qualifying offer, but I just know some ahole team is going to force our hand by offering him four or five million. Don't give up on Dorell!

Master Mind
07-08-2008, 06:53 PM
The Heat has expressed interest in several free agents: center Kwame Brown and guards Jannero Pargo and Roger Mason.

Agent Mark Bartelstein said Tuesday afternoon he has had discussions about his three clients with the Heat, but ''nothing is happening imminently'' regarding contract offers. However, he said Mason visited the Heat last week.

Free agents can sign at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday.

Bartelstein said Brown and Pargo are not yet scheduled to visit Miami. Mason and Pargo could help the Heat bolster its backcourt. Miami landed former Kansas point guard Mario Chalmers in the NBA Draft and has backup Marcus Banks under contract but would like more depth.

Mason, 27, averaged a career-best 9.1 points last season for the Washington Wizards. The former University of Virginia player is a combo guard but primarily played point guard last season. He excelled in his nine starts for Washington, averaging 17.4 points.

Pargo backed up NBA MVP runner-up Chris Paul in New Orleans last season and averaged 8.1 points and 2.4 assists in 18.7 minutes a game. He is an outside threat and thrived in the playoffs, averaging 10.2 points as a reserve.

Bartelstein also said his client, Heat restricted free agent guard Chris Quinn, visited with Miami officials last week. The Heat tendered Quinn a qualifying offer just above the league minimum salary last month, meaning the team can match offers from other teams. Quinn, a former undrafted free agent out of Notre Dame, started in 25 of his 60 appearances last season. He averaged 7.8 points and 3 assists and shot 40.3 percent from three-point range.

Meanwhile, Brown, 6-11, could be a viable option considering the Heat does not have much cap space and only Mark Blount is under contract at center. Brown, the former first overall draft pick, has underwhelmed since being drafted in 2001. He split last season between the Los Angeles Lakers and Memphis Grizzlies after being traded from L.A. as part of the Pau Gasol deal. Brown averaged 4.8 points and 4.9 rebounds last season in 18.8 minutes.

Brown has been injury-riddled the past two seasons, but he also has failed to remain a starter. He could be a bargain for the Heat.

Master Mind
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
The Orlando Magic were rumored to be in the mix for free agent Corey Maggette, but it appears they've gone in a different direction.

Florida Today reported on Tuesday that the Magic have reached a verbal agreement with free-agent swingman Mickael Pietrus, who played for the Golden State Warriors last season.

Orlando general manager Otis Smith told the newspaper that the five-year veteran will receive almost all of the Magic's midlevel exception, which starts at $5.2 million next season. The team is expected to sign Pietrus to a multiyear contract on Wednesday.

Besides passing on Maggette, the Magic appear to have closed the door on retaining their own guard Keyon Dooling.

Smith said that Pietrus' ability to defend opponent's shooting guards set him apart.

"In the Eastern Conference you had better be able to defend that position," he said, according to the newspaper. "We think he can really help us do that. And he can shoot the 3."

Pietrus averaged 7.2 points and 3.7 rebounds last season. Those numbers were off his career highs of 11.1 and 4.5 in 2006-07.

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 07:24 PM
sign kwame.give him a chance!hes better than blount.i like chalmers a lot.he s gonna be an outstanding pg.a pg that wade wants.

NYMets27
07-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Probably a trade that nobody has thought about and frankly i dont think it would happen not beacuse its a crazy trade but i dont think any1 will consider it.

Cook and Haslem to the Trail Blazers for Steve Blake and Channing Frye

I just see this as a win win for both teams

We get a pretty good pg who is not needed so much with bayless on the roster. They have a ton of young guards and fowards so y not add a real veteran presence of haslem who could come off the bench and give them a real defensive force with haslem/aldridge/oden. i dnt kno where they could place cook....but the salaries match and its an even trade not really leanin heavily 1 way.

And for the heat we r now able to put out a little bit of a bigger lineup fill our needs and yet still be able to keep the marion who is an amazing third option on a team. With a starting lineup of blake/wade/marion/beasley/frye this is a formidable starting lineup at least til the all star break when u could place chalmers in the starting lineup. Whats ure thoughts.

twissst89
07-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Wudnt give up Haslem or Cook. Dont want Frye or Blake!

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Trade Marion to the Pistons. Joe Dumars has yet to make a move after vowing to. I think that a deal including Marion could be interesting. There are plenty of options being that the Pistons' core is built of second string all-stars. Try and grab Billups or Wallace.

yboord028
07-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Zo is on ESPN Radio and says he a month ahead of schedule with his knee, just so people know.

SwaggaIke
07-09-2008, 04:01 PM
^He said the same thing on Best Damn Monday. He said he'll be back by December, January at the latest.

qbanheatfan
07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Everybody is talking about a trade with GS but I don't see that as a real possibility. I think a trade with NJ and maybe a third and/or fourth team where the heat trade Marion, Banks, and Blount and get from NJ Sean Williams and Marcus Williams would be really good. Don't think NJ would eat up both Blount and Banks salaries which is why a 3rd or 4th team would need to get involved with the possibiblity of draft picks also being involved in the trade.

Heat Starting Lineup after trade:

PG: Chalmers/Marcus Williams/Quinn
SG:Wade/Cook/Jones
SF:Beasley/Jones/Wright
PF:Haslem/Lasme/Beasley
C:Sean Williams/Zo/Anthony

Obviously there are some players you can switch around depending on what players mesh well together but you get the picture.

If you guys don't know who Sean Williams is go to Youtube and check out his highlights. I watched him while I was in school at BC and he is an excellent shot blocker and rebounder plus he would thrive in a running system. And he's young so he has plenty of time to grow. He reminds me of a Tyson Chandler with a little more athleticism and better offensive potential.

Heat back in playoffs this year!!!

sergiogon
07-15-2008, 04:37 AM
are you kidding me?

mister freeze
07-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Why would we trade Marion? Trade Haslem for Williams...

fins08
07-15-2008, 07:18 AM
We have a thread for this. Please put it there.

babyshaq87
07-15-2008, 08:37 AM
We need a starting C and they need expiring contracts for the '10 summer and some bench players..

what about blount+wright for eddy curry?

curry has 3 years left 9.6M+10.5M+11.3M

sign and trade for wright (goog sf backup for them)
blount has 2 years left 7.3M+7.9M and can be their backup center and expires in '10..

i think this trade can help both teams..

sergiogon
07-15-2008, 08:51 AM
not dorell if you want cook.dorell is going to be a great player

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
i rather trade cook than wright cuz wright brings more to the table. wright can back up either the SG or SF position if need be. and i'd throw in a 2nd round pick too if that's what it took to make that deal work. would get of a bad contract in Blount and a player that right now that is on the bench a lot for a starting center..yeah. i'd probably do it.

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 09:07 AM
we have a whole entire thread about trade scenarios for marion yet people make their own thread lol. amazing.

babyshaq87
07-15-2008, 09:12 AM
ok.. not wright but cook.. i'm sure this trade can help both teams.. right now we are not contenders.. if we could get curry and hopefully ny release marbury too.. we would be great!!! think about this lineup

marbury
wade
marion
beasley
curry

we can run, we can play not too fast, post moves with curry and beasley, outside score with wade and marbury, we can do whatever we want!!

Derick713
07-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Shawn Marion is worth more than just Sean Williams, Marcus Williams, and a salary match up player. If the Heat deal Marion they have to get a proven all-star or a legit second option.

I think the Heat can put together a package of Daequan Cook, Dorell Wright, and a few second round picks to try and get Sean Williams. I really don't want to give up Haslem but the Heat need a shot blocker like Williams to repalce Mourning in the future. I think the Heat might be willing to take on Hassell's contract if it came to that.

Keyon Dooling/Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn
Dwayne Wade/James Jones/Marcus Banks
Shawn Marion/Trenton Hassell/Stephane Lasme
Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem/Mark Blount
Sean Williams/Alonzo Mourning/Joel Anthony

Miami_Megatron
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
No thanks!

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Shawn Marion is worth more than just Sean Williams, Marcus Williams, and a salary match up player. If the Heat deal Marion they have to get a proven all-star or a legit second option.

I think the Heat can put together a package of Daequan Cook, Dorell Wright, and a few second round picks to try and get Sean Williams. I really don't want to give up Haslem but the Heat need a shot blocker like Williams to repalce Mourning in the future. I think the Heat might be willing to take on Hassell's contract if it came to that.

Keyon Dooling/Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn
Dwayne Wade/James Jones/Marcus Banks
Shawn Marion/Trenton Hassell/Stephane Lasme
Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem/Mark Blount
Sean Williams/Alonzo Mourning/Joel Anthony

i rather have chalmers starting than dooling..and banks as a sg?. not to mention i wouldnt trade BOTH cook and wright. that's a reach. what if williams doesnt pan out for some reason or gets injured? we would have given away TWO future "potential" key role players

twissst89
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
I already had this up. NE ways agin if we can get Marcus and Sean Williams or Boone for Marion we need to do it in a heartbeat. Any 2 out of these 3 are amazing players that can be here for the next 10 years. If Marcus Williams gets the chance to start he cud be a potetial all star in a few years. Boone and Williams have the same potential and in 2010 wen Wade can opt out these guys are enough to make him stay.

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I already had this up. NE ways agin if we can get Marcus and Sean Williams or Boone for Marion we need to do it in a heartbeat. Any 2 out of these 3 are amazing players that can be here for the next 10 years. If Marcus Williams gets the chance to start he cud be a potetial all star in a few years. Boone and Williams have the same potential and in 2010 wen Wade can opt out these guys are enough to make him stay.

good point. i still would like a 1st round draft pick somehow..i love drafts. and not having a 1st round would be bleh and having 1-2 makes it more interesting. tired of acquiring these 2nd round picks that we hardly ever put to use.

kntresistheheat
07-15-2008, 11:17 AM
This trade is garbage, Why would nj want another foward????? Those guys aint worth marion and listen I know were trying to open up cap space for the following year but marion is worth more and we should recieve more a star for a star or two?;)

Robbw241
07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Nets have no interest in Marion.

King Koopa
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Everybody is talking about a trade with GS but I don't see that as a real possibility. I think a trade with NJ and maybe a third and/or fourth team where the heat trade Marion, Banks, and Blount and get from NJ Sean Williams and Marcus Williams would be really good. Don't think NJ would eat up both Blount and Banks salaries which is why a 3rd or 4th team would need to get involved with the possibiblity of draft picks also being involved in the trade.

Obviously there are some players you can switch around depending on what players mesh well together but you get the picture.

If you guys don't know who Sean Williams is go to Youtube and check out his highlights. I watched him while I was in school at BC and he is an excellent shot blocker and rebounder plus he would thrive in a running system. And he's young so he has plenty of time to grow. He reminds me of a Tyson Chandler with a little more athleticism and better offensive potential.

Bro i said the same thing in the other thread...... And i posted up a youtube Video on Sean Williams thats the only thing you forgot.

King Koopa
07-15-2008, 11:49 AM

Bro for the last time why would you put Haslem over Beasley at the PF........Beasley is Stronger and Taller then Haslem. So please edit your lineup.

heatbb
07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
i rather trade cook than wright cuz wright brings more to the table. wright can back up either the SG or SF position if need be. and i'd throw in a 2nd round pick too if that's what it took to make that deal work. would get of a bad contract in Blount and a player that right now that is on the bench a lot for a starting center..yeah. i'd probably do it.

And you think, that Curry is not overpaid?
I am sure, that there are alot of better ways for us. :)

babyshaq87
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM
if curry is overpaid.. what u say about blount? i think curry is overpaid but blunt is more overpaid than him.. at least curry showed something instead i didn't see a lot from blount..

yboord028
07-15-2008, 12:12 PM
The Knicks are already log jammed at the SF position why would they need another?

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 12:19 PM
And you think, that Curry is not overpaid?
I am sure, that there are alot of better ways for us. :)

oh i completely agree. i just meant in an overall trade i rather have cook get dealt. not saying i want anyone from the knicks but yea. that whole team is overpaid lol. they are the seattle mariners of basketball. highest paid..and they still arent way below average.

heatbb
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Well Blount is waay overpaid. :D
But still, there's no point of getting just a bit better contract for a terrible one, plus give away a young and developing player.

ATX
07-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Eddy Curry is not worth blowing cap room in 2010 (Maybe for someone like Josh Smith)...Then again I'm biased for the simple fact that I don't like Eddy Curry.

babyshaq87
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
a lot of people don't like curry but he is one of the few centers who can be traded easily.. and even if his contract runs out later than 2010, if we get him and he plays good, in 2010 he will have one year left so his contract could have a good value.. if we don't want to give wright or cook we can find some fillers to trade.. but if we want to win we can't go with the roster we have right now..

DQL
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd trade w/ any team except the Knicks. I hate the whole Knicks team. I don't know why

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
I'd trade w/ any team except the Knicks. I hate the whole Knicks team. I don't know why

because you're a true heat fan with a '97 mentality still just like me.

wadefan03
07-15-2008, 07:54 PM
We trade Udonis Haslem to Houstan for Steve Francis and Luis Scola. Haslem would be an upgrade over Scola because he averaged 12ppg and 9rpg. Scola averaged 10 ppg and 6 rpg. Now that we have Beasley we do not really need Haslem. Steve Francis could be our starting pg. Then we can dump Banks to Denver because Denver needs defense and a point guard and they can send us Steven Hunter because he's just sitting on the bench. Hunter can help because Zo wont be back until about midseason.

New Lineup
Francis/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Marion/Jones/Wright
Beasley/Scola
Blount/Hunter/Zo

daleja424
07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
We trade Udonis Haslem to Houstan for Steve Francis and Luis Scola. Haslem would be an upgrade over Scola because he averaged 12ppg and 9rpg. Scola averaged 10 ppg and 6 rpg. Now that we have Beasley we do not really need Haslem. Steve Francis could be our starting pg. Then we can dump Banks to Denver because Denver needs defense and a point guard and they can send us Steven Hunter because he's just sitting on the bench. Hunter can help because Zo wont be back until about midseason.

New Lineup
Francis/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Marion/Jones/Wright
Beasley/Scola
Blount/Hunter/Zo

I dont want Francis...liek at all... I dont think the rockets would want haslem over scola... denver isn;t going to give us hunter for a really bad contract when they are trying to clear space...

the title should be "Heat trade that makes no sense from any angle" :D

sorry if that was mean... just got a little annoyed with ANOTHER trade forum...

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 07:59 PM
i dont understand why people say we dont need haslem. like a boston fan saying they dont need powe because garnett is that good. u need a damn bench. i would love to keep haslem. think i'm the only one on here to feel like this. u guys want to trade him to address a hole but ur creating another one too. haslem STARTED for us just a few years back in the NBA FINALS..now it's like "get rid of him for a center". in a rebuidling process you cant fill ALL your holes in ONE year. they got beasley..they got chalmers. players like anthony/powell/ and lasme are developing. they are off to a good start. we need a bench...haslem is a perfect guy to come off the bench in opinion. he plays good defense and gets rebounds. cant ask for more even though we always have with him.

fins08
07-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Big Head Curry plays no D, no thanks.

kntresistheheat
07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Why would the rockets trade scola for haslem? Its not going to make them a championship calibear team, this does not make any sense for houston!

Jonathan2323
07-16-2008, 12:56 AM
haslem for Francis and joey Dorsey

qbanheatfan
07-16-2008, 02:07 AM
If were trading Haslem it better not be for STEVE FRANCIS that's like STARBURY JR, hell no!! If were going to get someone for haslem it better b a decent center or a young one with lots of potential like Sean Williams or Biedrins

rick66ankiel24
07-16-2008, 02:47 AM
francis is a bum

Grifftiggs
07-16-2008, 04:20 AM
We dont need him we need a pass first tradition PG. On that can hit the open 3. With B easy, wade, and marion (for now) thats a 1,2,and 3 scoring option....We need someone that dished and can hit a few shots. I would have loved to get duhon, i think he kind of fits what we need, but i would be nice to get some insurance because we all need to remember Mario is a Rookie and a 2nd rounder so i dont think we should get ahead of ourselves.

sergiogon
07-16-2008, 04:57 AM
the clips sing camby, Why? if we have kaman and deandre jordan??it does it mean that they are going to trade kaman???i think could be for marion.............

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 06:18 AM
the clips sing camby, Why? if we have kaman and deandre jordan??it does it mean that they are going to trade kaman???i think could be for marion.............

Camby and Kaman in there together is a good frontline and both play good defense so yeah. Not to mention they only got him for 2nd round pick which is pretty much saying they acquired him for nothing. good pick up by the clips in my opinion. and DeAndre is a rookie and still is a raw talent meaning he has like 2-3 years before he'll be at the NBA level. He has a lot of potential but personally,if he was expected to have immediate impact he would have been drafted earlier .

tryanpost
07-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Camby and Kaman in there together is a good frontline and both play good defense so yeah. Not to mention they only got him for 2nd round pick which is pretty much saying they acquired him for nothing. good pick up by the clips in my opinion. and DeAndre is a rookie and still is a raw talent meaning he has like 2-3 years before he'll be at the NBA level. He has a lot of potential but personally,if he was expected to have immediate impact he would have been drafted earlier .

Thats what I been thinking too

dabears07champs
07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
MIA: gives shawn marion
receives lamar odom and brad miller

SAC: Gives Ron Artest Kenny Thomas Brad Miller
Receives: Shawn Marion Chris Mihm

LAL: gives lamar odom Chris Mihm
get kenny thomas and ron artest

expat
07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Not a bad deal but the problem is the salaries. Heat bringing in more then they are sending out. Brad Miller is on 10 million this season.

Derick713
07-16-2008, 04:57 PM
A Three Team Deal makes no sense because all the teams get the same type off pieces if they decided on a two team trade. There has been no indication that the Kings want to deal Brad Miller, so it all come down to which team will take on a bad contract. If the Lakers want Artest then it's as simple as Odom for Thomas and Artest. If the Heat want Artest then it's as simple as Marion for Artest and Thomas. The only reason a third team would be involved is because of salary cap reasons. Heat fans may like Marion better than Odom in any case. The Kings may like Odom better than Marion because he has equal talent at a cheaper price. Plus Odom will be easier to resign than Marion. The only reason a third team would be involved is because they would be prepared to take on extra salary which I don’t see happening in the case of the Lakers and Heat.

Derick713
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
This deal only works if the Kings are trying to dump salary. Why would Heat fans want Odom over Marion. How does a third team help the Lakers or Kings in any deal? The Lakers still take on a bad deal. The Kings still get expiring contracts. If anything Odom would be easier to resign than Marion not to mention that Odom is younger and not viewed as a system player. PLUS THE KINGS HAVE SHOWED NO INTEREST IN DEALING BRAD MILLER.

pimpunleashed
07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
that why the trade would look like this
heat get- lamar odom
Kings get- Shawn Marion & Chris Mihm
LA get- artest and Brad Miller

works money wise all around and for the teams... kings get great players they need... LA gets Ron Artest which they want...and heat get a great player and clears a little bit of cap room to sign a center

pimpunleashed
07-16-2008, 05:59 PM
MIA: gives shawn marion
receives lamar odom

SAC: Gives Ron Artest & Brad Miller
Receives: Shawn Marion Chris Mihm

LAL: gives lamar odom & Chris Mihm
get Brad Miller and ron artest

WORKS GREAT MONEY WISE AND TEAMS...
MIA GET A LIL CAP BUT GOOD TO GET A CENTER NOT A OKAFOR UNLESS A SIGN AND TRADE

LAL GET THERE MAN ARTEST

AND SAC GETS RID OF ARTEST AND PROBLEMS TO COME WIT HIM, NOW MORE THEN EVER THAT HE WANTS OUT AND GET A GREAT PLAYER IN MARION

Derick713
07-16-2008, 06:19 PM
The Deal would have to be something like this. The Heat may have to include another player but I'm not to sure about that.

Heat Get-
Lamar Odom
Brad Miller

Kings Get-
Shawn Marion
Dorell Wright
Chris Mihm

Lakers Get-
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas

Mario Chalmers/Marcus Banks/Chris Quinn
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/
Michael Beasley/James Jones/
Lamar Odom/Udonis Haslem/Stephan Lasme
Brad Miller/Joel Anthony/Alonzo Mourning

Derick713
07-16-2008, 06:32 PM
The Kings would get killed by there fans if they ended up trading Miller and Artest to the Lakers. The Kings have made it known that if you want Artest you have to take Thomas too. I don't see a three deal in the works unless the Kings like Marion more than Odom. In any case the Kings must realize that Odom will be easier to resign than Marion. Plus Odom is younger than Marion.

Master Mind
07-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe it's just me but if we got Odom and Miller, I would want to do this---

Odom
Wade
Beasley
Haslem
Miller

Experiment a little...I'm just kidding guys

Derick713
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Even tough I want to see Wade, Marion, and Beasley play together, the Heat can't pass up on the chance to add Odom and Miller or Artest and Miller.

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
i would change up the MIA/LAL/SAC trade a little so every1 gets & gives away $21m.

Heat Get: Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, Luke Walton (from lakers)

Kings Get: Shawn Marion, Marcus Banks (from heat)

Lakers Get: Ron Artest, Kenny Thomas, Mikki Moore (from kings)

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Salaries don't quite work out, so i would change it up a lil. i would change up the MIA/LAL/SAC trade a little so every1 gets & gives away $21m.

Heat Get: Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, Luke Walton (from lakers)

Kings Get: Shawn Marion, Marcus Banks (from heat)

Lakers Get: Ron Artest, Kenny Thomas, Mikki Moore (from kings)

It all works out, check it out.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2165~510~549~617~2027~25~575~8 49&teams=23~23~14~14~14~13~13~13&te=&cash=

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
I think we are okay at SF with Wright, Jones, and Beasley part time. If you are going to trade Marion, how about plugging in a hole at point guard. Odom is more of the same at that position although not as good as Marion on the defense.

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 07:31 PM
if a topic says "THE REAL" it better have some fuqin links to actual articles. i'm sick of all these fuqin threads being posted in here with all these rumors. we have made threads that SPECIFICALLY say "marion trade ideas". it's a whole FUQIN thread so people can post their ideas yet people STILL find the need to make their own thread. and the ideas 95% of you come up are ridiculous..FUNK outta here with Chris Mihm on the Heat. just wow man. this site is becoming a nuissance and i wish there was a way for me to block people so i dont have to read their ish. sorry for the outburst but i come here to talk basketball, not imaginary talk. every day there is a new thread of some bogus trade idea. we have threads made for trade ideas...please post them in there.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Seriously, how can we? I keep reading all these threads for Artest and Odom, (and Ellis), but I don't see any ideas on getting rid of Blount and Banks. At least Banks has some use and might still prove himself. But he will be redundant if Chalmers steps up.

So maybe trade just Blount. I mean he is not young, can't play defense and he will be collecting too much money behind a Miller or maybe Zo. And still there is Joel Anthony and Haslem when we play small ball. We need to clean up the clutter at center and bring in new talent and Marion is his best ticket out of Miami. At this point I'd rather take players less skilled with expiring contracts than keep either one of them.

kntresistheheat
07-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Why the heck, does everyone has miller going to the lakers if there loaded at center and fowards???? Do you think a guy getting paid 10mil would be coming off the bench, If anything he would be going to miami but I also dont seeing that happend because off his contract and why would we want odom?:mad:

Grifftiggs
07-16-2008, 07:38 PM
if a topic says "THE REAL" it better have some fuqin links to actual articles. i'm sick of all these fuqin threads being posted in here with all these rumors. we have made threads that SPECIFICALLY say "marion trade ideas". it's a whole FUQIN thread so people can post their ideas yet people STILL find the need to make their own thread. and the ideas 95% of you come up are ridiculous..FUNK outta here with Chris Mihm on the Heat. just wow man. this site is becoming a nuissance and i wish there was a way for me to block people so i dont have to read their ish. sorry for the outburst but i come here to talk basketball, not imaginary talk. every day there is a new thread of some bogus trade idea. we have threads made for trade ideas...please post them in there.

What does FUQIN mean?

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
What does FUQIN mean?

fuqin = ****IN

Master Mind
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
What does FUQIN mean?

Context clues man, use context clues :eyebrow:...And I agree with noturnormalhero...

pimpunleashed
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
this ****ing stupid *** of noturnormalhero
is saying that he is sick of these thread's if you dont like it noturnormalhero then get the **** outta here and dont open it if u dont like it.....

Kings Faithful
07-16-2008, 08:07 PM
We have a hard time considering giving anybody to the Lakers..there is no way we give the Lakers a star and the best passing center in the NBA for a guy who is not as good as Artest and a 3rd string player.

fishfan79
07-16-2008, 08:17 PM
I dont want odom or a move with the lakers marion is better for us then odom

We need a PG and a C

if we are trading with LA I want their young center back or Gasol

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 08:54 PM
is saying that he is sick of these thread's if you dont like it noturnormalhero then get the **** outta here and dont open it if u dont like it.....

not even gonna sit here and attempt to get into an arguement with someone named PIMP UNLEASHED. i opened this thread because i THOUGHT it was going to have an actual article posted since the subject was "THE REAL". and yes..i am sick of these threads and i'm not the only one so yeah. There is threads for ideas/rumors..even one SPECIFICALLY for marion trades. guess you're either too new here too dumb to read that and notice it.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 08:59 PM

yo. calm down dude. Noturnormalhero is right. Don't say things that are misleading like that... and we have like 100 threads that this stuff is being discussed in...they are out there...just go look next time... but for real just chill out a little... I know your new here, but we have bombarded with made up trade thread over the past couple weeks and all of us are getting a little tired of it is all... I dont think he meant to be rude... he just frustrated im sure...

Master Mind
07-16-2008, 09:03 PM
not even gonna sit here and attempt to get into an arguement with someone named PIMP UNLEASHED. i opened this thread because i THOUGHT it was going to have an actual article posted since the subject was "THE REAL". and yes..i am sick of these threads and i'm not the only one so yeah. There is threads for ideas/rumors..even one SPECIFICALLY for marion trades. guess you're either too new here too dumb to read that and notice it.

yo. calm down dude. Noturnormalhero is right. Don't say things that are misleading like that... and we have like 100 threads that this stuff is being discussed in...they are out there...just go look next time... but for real just chill out a little... I know your new here, but we have bombarded with made up trade thread over the past couple weeks and all of us are getting a little tired of it is all... I dont think he meant to be rude... he just frustrated im sure...

Me 3...:smoking:

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Me 3...:smoking:

thanx and to dela..and yeah. i'm just frustrated. it's just annoying because it's been happening constantly and i know it bothered dela too because he was smart enough to create a thread specifically for things like this. and yea..even though i was frustrated..i did mean to be rude LOL. not apologizing for that. he's new. ish happens. it bothers me more when people who have been here a while still do it (not naming names).

JackSplack
07-16-2008, 09:27 PM
So much salary involved you'd need at least 3 teams, maybe 25 for blounts big ogre like head.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 09:28 PM
we dont need to get rid of blount...for the 100000000th time! Banks is the only one we need to include in marion trades IMO...

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2008, 09:31 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2165~510~549~617~2027~25~575~8 49&teams=23~23~14~14~14~13~13~13&te=&cash=

This is how the deal would work financially, check it out.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 09:33 PM

This is how the deal would work financially, check it out.

no no no! Mihm is not an upgrade...no one on earth wants Walton's contract...and Odom is a downgrade on marion... That isn't even close...

...thanks for not creating a new thread though!!!:D:clap::clap:

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
I could get rid of Banks & Marion 4 u guys, just not Blount. Check this out.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Like I said in the other threa du poste dthis...NO WAY! Mihm sucks...Odom isn't an upgrade...and who the hell will want Walton or that horrible contract!

JackSplack
07-16-2008, 09:39 PM
we dont need to get rid of blount...for the 100000000th time! Banks is the only one we need to include in marion trades IMO...

Don't need to get rid of blount? Have you ever seen a guy that big suck at center as much not named Kwame Brown? You really think 8mil a year for the next two years is a good investment in Blount? Are you his agent? Are you his little brother? Are you his Grandma?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Like I said in the other threa du poste dthis...NO WAY! Mihm sucks...Odom isn't an upgrade...and who the hell will want Walton or that horrible contract!

You are right about all of them. But if you CAN trade Blount, wouldn't you? The Clippers got Camby for 1 second round pick. We can't anything. I say move him...Banks is still young and might surprise you....hell, trade him too if you can but keep Blount? I really, really hate his game. We are so weak at center.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Don't need to get rid of blount? Have you ever seen a guy that big suck at center as much not named Kwame Brown? You really think 8mil a year for the next two years is a good investment in Blount? Are you his agent? Are you his little brother? Are you his Grandma?

Blount expires when we need him to...and he is the only center on our team right now with any experience at all... I dont like him as a player... but forcing him in on a deal isnt really necessary. It would be nice to get rid of him... but I wouldnt hold up a deal based on that...

but IM glad you actually contributed something to us for once!!!:p

daleja424
07-16-2008, 09:45 PM
You are right about all of them. But if you CAN trade Blount, wouldn't you? The Clippers got Camby for 1 second round pick. We can't anything. I say move him...Banks is still young and might surprise you....hell, trade him too if you can but keep Blount? I really, really hate his game. We are so weak at center.

Does getting rid of our only center made the center position stronger? I can't believe I'm saying this but... Blount is better then nothing!:speechless::speechless::speechless:

Diehardheatfan
07-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Wont happen

Derick713
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Seriously, how can we? I keep reading all these threads for Artest and Odom, (and Ellis), but I don't see any ideas on getting rid of Blount and Banks. At least Banks has some use and might still prove himself. But he will be redundant if Chalmers steps up.

So maybe trade just Blount. I mean he is not young, can't play defense and he will be collecting too much money behind a Miller or maybe Zo. And still there is Joel Anthony and Haslem when we play small ball. We need to clean up the clutter at center and bring in new talent and Marion is his best ticket out of Miami. At this point I'd rather take players less skilled with expiring contracts than keep either one of them.

TRADE MACHINE APPROVED

The Cavs have to make a deal to counter the teams in there own division. The Bulls, Bucks, and Pacers have upgraded there rosters. The Bulls and Bucks expect to make the playoffs. The biggest move the Cavs have made was keeping Gibson. The Magic, Raptors, and Sixers all expect to make it past the second round because off recent additions. The Bucks have a young center to pair with Williams, Redd, and Jefferson. The Heat also expects to make the playoffs with a healthy Dwayne Wade and a few upgrades. The Celtics and Pistons still expect to be the two best teams in the East. I didn't even mention the Wizards who expect to be title contenders with Arenas, Jamision, and Butler.

CAVS get-
Shawn Marion
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks

HEAT get-
Anderson Varejao-Starting Center
Wally Szczerbiak-Expiring Contract/Shooter
Damon Jones-Expiring Contract/Back-up
Lance Allred-Expiring Contract- Salary Match up/Waive after deal

daleja424
07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
That makes no sense...sorry... trading Marion for Varajao isn't going to cut it...

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Does getting rid of our only center made the center position stronger? I can't believe I'm saying this but... Blount is better then nothing!:speechless::speechless::speechless:

No. I am afraid it is not better to keep this individual. A center should guard the paint. Period. He is an old power forward masquarading as a center. If he were a true center I might agree with you.

roo3flash
07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
i dont understand why people say we dont need haslem. like a boston fan saying they dont need powe because garnett is that good. u need a damn bench. i would love to keep haslem. think i'm the only one on here to feel like this. u guys want to trade him to address a hole but ur creating another one too. haslem STARTED for us just a few years back in the NBA FINALS..now it's like "get rid of him for a center". in a rebuidling process you cant fill ALL your holes in ONE year. they got beasley..they got chalmers. players like anthony/powell/ and lasme are developing. they are off to a good start. we need a bench...haslem is a perfect guy to come off the bench in opinion. he plays good defense and gets rebounds. cant ask for more even though we always have with him.

well what would you rather have a back up pf or a starting center think about your starters are going to have 29mins a game and the stars play 33 n up. so the starters need more minutes n we want beasley to develop quickly so theres not much need for haslem if we dont even have a starting caliber center on our team. definetly if we had like a decent center i say have haslem as our sixth man...but i say adress the starting line up before the bench...just an EXAMPLE you dont go in the draft and get the number 1 pick to be your bench player for years to come

daleja424
07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
I think this guy gets a lot worse rap then he deserves. I am in no way saying that I like Blounts game... but lets remember that Riley once saw this guy as the center of the future for us and offered him an obscene contract, which then boston matched... He is serviceable in the middle to split time with another guy if we have to have him there. he can spread the floor for us at least... even if he cant do much more.

Derick713
07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
NBABALLERHOLLER asked how the Heat can get rid off Blount and Banks. The only way I see another team trading for those bad contracts is if they get Shawn Marion in return. The Cavs are the only team that I can think off that would be desperate enough to pull the trigger on a deal that would land them an all star player to pair with James. If you want to get rid off Blount and Banks look no further than the Cavs. I know the Heat don't have to trade Blount since he doesn't effect 2010. I know the Heat really has to get rid of Banks since his contract runs through 2010. I know most on this fourm would keep Marion and Blount and package Haslem with Banks. I think Pat wants to clean up his roster and have 15 useful players that factor in the Heats future.

If you want the Heat to upgrade there roster then they must deal Marion for Artest and Miller.

DQL
07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
What is the point of taking Odom over Marion? All of these trades are nonsenses. I'd only trade Marion for Artest and Miller. No Lakers here!

daleja424
07-16-2008, 10:25 PM
NBABALLERHOLLER asked how the Heat can get rid off Blount and Banks. The only way I see another team trading for those bad contracts is if they get Shawn Marion in return. The Cavs are the only team that I can think off that would be desperate enough to pull the trigger on a deal that would land them an all star player to pair with James. If you want to get rid off Blount and Banks look no further than the Cavs. I know the Heat don't have to trade Blount since he doesn't effect 2010. I know the Heat really has to get rid of Banks since his contract runs through 2010. I know most on this fourm would keep Marion and Blount and package Haslem with Banks. I think Pat wants to clean up his roster and have 15 useful players that factor in the Heats future.

If you want the Heat to upgrade there roster then they must deal Marion for Artest and Miller.

I Agree 1 Billion percent!

Master Mind
07-16-2008, 10:44 PM

I would much rather keep Marion than Haslem, no doubt...Blount's days are numbered...

And I do agree with you on the the Artest and Miller situation to a certain degree only because it gives us a solid center along with a good player in Ron Artest but I will say that Marion is already an upgrade in it's own right considering what we have on the roster and he is an all-star caliber player...So I wouldn't be mad if we kept him and traded some one else for a center or sign a decent center from free agency...

_Sn1P3r_
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
TRADE MACHINE APPROVED

The Cavs have to make a deal to counter the teams in there own division. The Bulls, Bucks, and Pacers have upgraded there rosters. The Bulls and Bucks expect to make the playoffs. The biggest move the Cavs have made was keeping Gibson. The Magic, Raptors, and Sixers all expect to make it past the second round because off recent additions. The Bucks have a young center to pair with Williams, Redd, and Jefferson. The Heat also expects to make the playoffs with a healthy Dwayne Wade and a few upgrades. The Celtics and Pistons still expect to be the two best teams in the East. I didn't even mention the Wizards who expect to be title contenders with Arenas, Jamision, and Butler.

CAVS get-
Shawn Marion
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks

HEAT get-
Anderson Varejao-Starting Center
Wally Szczerbiak-Expiring Contract/Shooter
Damon Jones-Expiring Contract/Back-up
Lance Allred-Expiring Contract- Salary Match up/Waive after deal

Don't like it for the Heat.

Master Mind
07-16-2008, 11:04 PM
What is the point of taking Odom over Marion? All of these trades are nonsenses. I'd only trade Marion for Artest and Miller. No Lakers here!

4real :smoking:...

king j.a.l.
07-17-2008, 02:08 AM

I agree 100%. unless we trade Marion for Artest and Miller. That at least nets us a center. the rest is nonsenses.

Jonathan2323
07-17-2008, 02:57 AM
I agree 100%. unless we trade Marion for Artest and Miller. That at least nets us a center. the rest is nonsenses.

i agree to

KnickVeteran
07-17-2008, 02:36 PM
MIA: gives shawn marion, Udonis Halsem
receives Ron Artest, Stephon Marbury

SAC: Gives Ron Artest, Kenny Thomas
Receives: Shawn Marion

NY: gives Stehon Marbury
get kenny thomas, Udonis Haslem, Future first round draft pick (mia), 2009 2nd round draft pick (sacramento)

SwaggaIke
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Marion + Banks + Cook + Future 2nd Rounder

For

Allen Iverson + Steven Hunter

I'm no salary expert or anything like that, but I think that works out financially.

A.I would give us a guard capable of playing point guard and Steven Hunter could be our starting center.

A.I
Wade
Beasley
Haslem
Hunter

I don't know how Denvers lineup would work out and I really don't care. LOL. I think the trading of Camby signifies that A.I won't be returning to Denver next year, so why not get something for him?