7:00 p.m. ET Indiana vs. Wake Forest ESPN
7:00 p.m. ET Michigan vs. Maryland ESPNU
7:30 p.m. ET Penn State vs. Georgia Tech ESPN2
9:00 p.m. ET North Carolina vs. Michigan State ESPN
9:30 p.m. ET Florida State vs. Northwestern ESPN2

ACC: 3 Big Ten: 3

Max Power
04-15-2008, 02:33 PM
This is usually more of a challenge for the Big Ten than the ACC. But next year's match-ups seem ok.

WorldChamps1908
04-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Pretty good matchups as usual, but the ACC is just a better BBall conference overall (yes coming from a big ten guy)

MoJay
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I like the matchups much better this year. I am a Big Ten fan and beyond Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana, Wisconsin and an Illinois/Minnesota our conference sucks but ACC goes beyond UNC, Duke, Clemson, Wake will be good next year, VT, Miami, etc. I hope we can win it for once

Silver88
04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Acc Will Dominate

beelias07
04-16-2008, 02:24 AM
I can't imagine it'll be close. ACC should win pretty handily. The only thing that really upsets me is that Indiana is playing on the road. I had a great time at the game this past year vs. Georgia Tech.

croce_99
04-19-2008, 03:16 AM
I like the matchups much better this year. I am a Big Ten fan and beyond Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana, Wisconsin and an Illinois/Minnesota our conference sucks but ACC goes beyond UNC, Duke, Clemson, Wake will be good next year, VT, Miami, etc. I hope we can win it for once

:laugh2:

The bold part made me laugh

beelias07
04-19-2008, 04:13 PM

yeah sometimes you just have to ignore crazy stuff like that.

MoJay
04-19-2008, 06:07 PM
yeah sometimes you just have to ignore crazy stuff like that.

I'm not saying they are good but Minnesota does have a good recruiting class coming in and Illinois did some damage in the Big Ten Tourney this year

cwilson21
04-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Minnesota has a real good class coming in. Actually have a good C now. Tollackson was a negative when he was on the floor.

Pujolsfan91
04-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I love the Michigan State/North Carolina matchup... GO STATE!!

Devils05
12-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Updated with times/TV

WI Sports Fan
12-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Seems like Wisconsin never gets this game at home... I like their chances against VT either way though; it should be a great game to kick it off tonight.

I expect the ACC to win pretty easily once again, but the Big 10 will have their day as their recruiting improves across the board due to their vast coaching improvements. We should see a lot of good games tonight and tomorrow, but the ACC should run away with Wednesday. I just hope MSU will be able to keep up with UNC.

noturnormalhero
12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
FINALLY a big school comes down here outside of the ACC. I would love to see teams like Kansas,Oklahoma and UCLA come down here to Miami. I'd LOVE to see Gonzaga too. Hope the Canes program continues to rise for games like that to be possible down the line. Should be a good game tomorrow with Ohio State. Going to rush home after game to catch the Duke game! Should be a great game.

SidTheKid
12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Let's Go Duke!!! :clap:

boeknows
12-01-2008, 08:13 PM

Yeah because Minnesota had a 20 win season last season and are improved since last year. Our young guys are more experienced and our 5 freshman are very good players. Sampson and Iverson are going to be very good during their careers down on the blocks.

boeknows
12-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Let's Go Duke!!! :clap:

Thats going to be a good game between Duke and Purdue.

noturnormalhero
12-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Virginia tech letting me down in this ACC challenge. Eh, as long as the Canes win tomorrow i'll be ok. Hope Duke wins too, sorry, gotta root for the ACC !!

noturnormalhero
12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
What an AMAZING game ..Wisconsin and VT, wow. What a finish!!!

alew510
12-01-2008, 11:10 PM
illini and clemson will be a good game
two undefeated teams
illinis guards need to step it up and they could win this game

GO ILLINI!

LivingThroughMe
12-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Duke is going down! Its going to be so loud they wont be able to think tomorrow night. Say goodbye to #4.

Enough smack, in all seriousness this should be a really good game. I hear Dukey V. is helping with the commentary :rolleyes:. Good thing I'll be at the game and won't have to listen to him.

Sox Appeal
12-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Illinois vs Clemson. I can't wait! :D

Go Illini!

CubbieSteve
12-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Illinois vs Clemson. I can't wait! :D

Go Illini!

x2, this would be a huge win for UI.

noturnormalhero
12-02-2008, 10:18 AM
So pumped up for tonights game i came to work with a Canes sweater and orange socks LOLOL.

SidTheKid
12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Thats going to be a good game between Duke and Purdue.

Hopefully Duke will prevail!

mkool65
12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Izzo said in his last presser that this UNC team could be the best team that he has ever played against. Izzo has been around the league for a while, this is saying something. I feel like if Suton doesn't play than we have absolutely no shot, if he plays we have a chance but not a great one, especially with the way we have been playing lately.

LivingThroughMe
12-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Whoever is watching the Duke vs. Purdue game on TV, let me know how loud we are (the crowd) at the game. Thanks.

WorldChamps1908
12-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Go Bucks

SidTheKid
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Whoever is watching the Duke vs. Purdue game on TV, let me know how loud we are (the crowd) at the game. Thanks.

I will, but I have a feeling you all will be quiet by halftime :p

BullsFan_1
12-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Hot start for the Canes tonight.

SidTheKid
12-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow Jack McClinton just got thrown out for hitting another player after the play was over. What a thug :pity:

WI Sports Fan
12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying this tremendous night of basketball.

Just stopping by to see if anyone else thought that foul at the end of the Iowa game should've been a shooting one. I'm shocked the commentators never brought it up; the player that got fouled was clearly trying to throw the ball at the hoop. I doubt he would've made the 2/3 anyways though.

Tough luck for Miami on the McClinton ejection, but it was the right call. I'm very impressed with how well OSU has played in the 2nd half, regardless of who Miami is missing.

Be-EaZY bEASLEy
12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
ohio state sucks they needed jack Mcclinton to be out the whole just so they could have a chance

Sox Appeal
12-02-2008, 10:06 PM
64-61 Illinois lead over Clemson.

6:30 left in the 2nd half.

MoJay
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Great Ohio State victory - I was very impressed with our composure and I'm very happen although mcclinton's flagrant did help this should pave way for us in the top 25

I was also impressed with the way Hurdle stepped up for the 'canes but kinda feel bad for him on the bobbled ball and other plays but nonetheless very happy with our win

BJ also should've did a little better some plays didn't go for him and the whole teams offense was lacking earlier on. Dallas Lauderdale surprised me on one of the very first dunks I thought he was gonna be short but slammed it through which was a nice dunk

noturnormalhero
12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Speaking as a non-biased fan, first off, congrats to Ohio State on the comeback. Now, what angered me and i can't swallow at all, is the fact that there was absolutely NO call on the play. Play was dead and then on the REPLAY they saw it. The guy was on the floor holding his face, and as SOON as the call was made, he was up and ok. I was at the game so i don't know what they showed on tv. I've never EVER seen a call called through a replay in basketball. Now Rios isn't a "key" player but you can't tell me he wouldnt have made a difference at all. Hurdle played his heart out but giving him some rest would have done him some good and Rios would have helped too on the the press the Buckeyes were throwing. Now, WITHOUT McClinton and without our backup PG, Buckeys didn't take the lead til late in the 2nd half. Now you can't possibly convince me,being non-biased here, that WITH McClinton who had 4 3's already, the game would have been like it was. I know I might be speculating, but McClinton is a star player for us. He carries our team with more than points. His leadership and intensity was there. Take out that one white dude who kept hitting 3's and you tell me how well Ohio State would have done. As much as i despise Buckeyes, they pressed very well and played better in the 2nd half. Mullens didn't do much but the kid can move well for his size. I'm just totally torn apart to know our star player was thrown out off a replay, and especially on the call. It's ridiculous. If that would have happened to say Duke or UNC, would be ALLLLLLLL over Sportscenter and people would have gone crazy. Now Miami is ALREADY in a must win situation going against Kentucky on the road on Saturday. If they drop to 4-3 before ACC play, it'll be rough. Even Ohio State fans around me, were saying, "Wow, can't believe they called that a flagarant". Just :pity: x 1000

JHG722
12-02-2008, 11:25 PM
LOL McClinton LOL...

umiami09
12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
lol temple lol

JHG722
12-02-2008, 11:39 PM
lol temple lol

? Why is that funny? :confused:

WorldChamps1908
12-03-2008, 12:48 AM
ohio state sucks they needed jack Mcclinton to be out the whole just so they could have a chance

um you cant deliberatly hit a player in the face and expect to play the rest of the game..that thug got what he deserved. He should get suspended.

Joshtd1
12-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Good win for Duke :clap:

LivingThroughMe
12-03-2008, 01:55 AM
:(:mad::(

boeknows
12-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Good win for my Gophers.

sdweston757
12-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Duke is going down! Its going to be so loud they wont be able to think tomorrow night. Say goodbye to #4.

Enough smack, in all seriousness this should be a really good game. I hear Dukey V. is helping with the commentary :rolleyes:. Good thing I'll be at the game and won't have to listen to him.

hmmmmm. duke is going down??

try a 16 point lose at home thanks to kyle singler.

sdweston757
12-03-2008, 03:08 AM
oh and because u asked.

it was loud at the beginning of the game, but then it got kind of quiet as they started to play... way to throw the t-shirt on the court as the game was winding down too. real classy

WI Sports Fan
12-03-2008, 03:26 AM
oh and because u asked.

it was loud at the beginning of the game, but then it got kind of quiet as they started to play... way to throw the t-shirt on the court as the game was winding down too. real classy

Actually, the Purdue fans were pretty classy, hence booing the action of 1 fan.

P.S. Why on earth was my last post and Beasley's post before mine deleted? DBronco20y8740750358r153r.182423/2, you should actually read the posts before you delete them.

noturnormalhero
12-03-2008, 07:07 AM
um you cant deliberatly hit a player in the face and expect to play the rest of the game..that thug got what he deserved. He should get suspended.

Same way as him getting hit in the face first right? He missed on his attempt swipe of the face. Ohio State dude acted very well. Was wrong on McClinton to attempt to slap him back, but no foul was called until dude fell on the floor acting and once McClinton was ejected, he was up and ok. Felt like i was watching a soccer player and them getting hurt but suddenly being ok LOL. Granted Ohio State made a comeback, but i can't see how you or any Ohio State fan feels so confident on the win when you beat a team without it's best player and backup PG. Like i said, you give UM their full roster and take out whoever led Ohio State with the most points and see how fair it is.

JAZZNC
12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Seems like Wisconsin never gets this game at home... I like their chances against VT either way though; it should be a great game to kick it off tonight.

I expect the ACC to win pretty easily once again, but the Big 10 will have their day as their recruiting improves across the board due to their vast coaching improvements. We should see a lot of good games tonight and tomorrow, but the ACC should run away with Wednesday. I just hope MSU will be able to keep up with UNC.

Yep, and the last time they did play at home Wake Forest beat them:D

LivingThroughMe
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
hmmmmm. duke is going down??

try a 16 point lose at home thanks to kyle singler.

You don't have to tell me what happened, I was there man. I'm really suprised how badly we lost, I thought it was going to be close whoever ended up winning.

LivingThroughMe
12-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Actually, the Purdue fans were pretty classy, hence booing the action of 1 fan.

Thanks for the support, we were all booing his ***...

SidTheKid
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the support, we were all booing his ***...

What did he throw on the court? Whatever it was that person was classless.

WI Sports Fan
12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Same way as him getting hit in the face first right? He missed on his attempt swipe of the face. Ohio State dude acted very well. Was wrong on McClinton to attempt to slap him back, but no foul was called until dude fell on the floor acting and once McClinton was ejected, he was up and ok. Felt like i was watching a soccer player and them getting hurt but suddenly being ok LOL.

First of all, have you ever been hit in the face, especially around the area of your eye? It's a very stunning thing when it happens to you, and you tend to react like the OSU player did. Plus, the refs claimed he was bleeding, so your claim that he wasn't even hit appears to be false.

The guy put a hand in McClinton's face, he didn't hit him. That's every day defense. It's only McClinton's fault for overreacting and swinging at another player. The foul wasn't called because the refs didn't see it. You're lucky they didn't see it, or else the Hurricanes would've had 3 less points and the same result would've occured.

Yep, and the last time they did play at home Wake Forest beat them:D

Nah, that game was @WF. What an amazing game though; I remember Justin Grey absolutely going off on us. Even without CP3, I'm surprised that Deamon Decon didn't do better. Very solid squad.

LivingThroughMe
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
What did he throw on the court? Whatever it was that person was classless.

I think it was a shirt or something, I couldn't see exactly from where I was (nosebleeds :().

By the way to the guy that called our student section AS A WHOLE classless, we are very organized, and whoever got caught throwing things onto the court was kicked out of the Paint Crew.

But yes I agree SidTheKid, that guy personally was classless.

MoJay
12-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I am suprised INdiana is even contending the only way I thought they had a chance is if WF underestimated them so much but even tha would get them out of the game temporarily and WF would catch up but we'll see what happens

SidTheKid
12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I think it was a shirt or something, I couldn't see exactly from where I was (nosebleeds :().

By the way to the guy that called our student section AS A WHOLE classless, we are very organized, and whoever got caught throwing things onto the court was kicked out of the Paint Crew.

But yes I agree SidTheKid, that guy personally was classless.

Your fan base seemed very passionate and looked like a great atmosphere to play in. I was hoping for a closer game, but hopefully these two teams meet down the road again.

WI Sports Fan
12-03-2008, 11:51 PM
It's so painful to watch defenders breathe on Hansbrough and get fouls called on them.

Edit: Wow, UNC has their starters in with a 30-point lead and 5 minutes left and MSU's bench warmers already in the game. Just when I thought Roy Williams couldn't get any more classless.

MoJay
12-04-2008, 12:06 AM
At least it was close this year maybe next year Big Tenners

LivingThroughMe
12-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Your fan base seemed very passionate and looked like a great atmosphere to play in. I was hoping for a closer game, but hopefully these two teams meet down the road again.

Agreed. Its always a fun time at Mackey...everyone had 85% energy up until the final minutes I thought. The beginning of the game was like, 120% of the usual, haha.

sdweston757
12-04-2008, 01:17 PM

of course we would want to meet them down the road again :)

SidTheKid
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
It's so painful to watch defenders breathe on Hansbrough and get fouls called on them.

Edit: Wow, UNC has their starters in with a 30-point lead and 5 minutes left and MSU's bench warmers already in the game. Just when I thought Roy Williams couldn't get any more classless.

Especially now that he's injured. It's virtually impossible to attempt to guard him because it's a foul every time.

J4KOP99
12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Especially now that he's injured. It's virtually impossible to attempt to guard him because it's a foul every time.

Everytime I see Hansborough play and I get pissed watching him "dominate" I think about what is going to happen to him when he enters the NBA. I can't wait to see him go against: Dwight, Garnett, Duncan, Amare, Bosh, Yao, Shaq, Jefferson, Bynum, Gasol..... He will be torn apart every night.

So let him have his fun for now but if I were him I would find something else to do once the college career is over.

SidTheKid
12-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Everytime I see Hansborough play and I get pissed watching him "dominate" I think about what is going to happen to him when he enters the NBA. I can't wait to see him go against: Dwight, Garnett, Duncan, Amare, Bosh, Yao, Shaq, Jefferson, Bynum, Gasol..... He will be torn apart every night.

So let him have his fun for now but if I were him I would find something else to do once the college career is over.

That's why he stayed another year. He knows he is going to get beat up in the NBA so he's taking in as much as he can before he leaves for the NBA.

cambovenzi
12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Its Ok, we still have gerald henderson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C04fSlYTGzI:box:

SidTheKid
12-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Its Ok, we still have gerald henderson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C04fSlYTGzI:box:

Haha I loved how Hansbrough got up and acted like he was going to go after Henderson :laugh2:

WorldChamps1908
12-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Same way as him getting hit in the face first right? He missed on his attempt swipe of the face. Ohio State dude acted very well. Was wrong on McClinton to attempt to slap him back, but no foul was called until dude fell on the floor acting and once McClinton was ejected, he was up and ok. Felt like i was watching a soccer player and them getting hurt but suddenly being ok LOL. Granted Ohio State made a comeback, but i can't see how you or any Ohio State fan feels so confident on the win when you beat a team without it's best player and backup PG. Like i said, you give UM their full roster and take out whoever led Ohio State with the most points and see how fair it is.

I'll take the win because this is a rebuilding year for OSU, the past two seasons they have had #1 prospect centers in the nation leave after one year! McMullen will probably do the same.

MoJay
12-04-2008, 09:50 PM
personally I think Mullens is a great prospect and could be nasty in the NBA but I really don't think he should go after first year

thegreatone08
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I love how everyone hates on Tyler. The dude is unstoppable. His game may be a lil ugly but he is effective. They always say..they don't boo nobodys. And Roy didn't have the starters in with 5 mins left, even though it may have looked like it, those we are second squad. Walk ons came in with about 3 left.

noturnormalhero
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
I love how everyone hates on Tyler. The dude is unstoppable. His game may be a lil ugly but he is effective. They always say..they don't boo nobodys. And Roy didn't have the starters in with 5 mins left, even though it may have looked like it, those we are second squad. Walk ons came in with about 3 left.

No one is taking away any credit what he's done in college, it's just in NBA standards, i too can't see him "dominating". He doesn't have the size, height and muscle and if he plays PF he'll get pushed around. Yes, the kid is a beast in the NCAA but the NBA is a HUGE step.

personally I think Mullens is a great prospect and could be nasty in the NBA but I really don't think he should go after first year

I don't he should go to. I don't think he even starts in the games now so i can't see how he'd go to the NBA next year like some "experts" project him to be. He'd be a late first round pick at the very best and would be one of those "project players". He's got the size and skill but yeah, not there just yet. Sure in a few years he'll be ready to go.

WI Sports Fan
12-05-2008, 05:41 PM

Hansbrough is a tremendous college player, no one is denying that. He just benefits from a lot of weak fouls.

And Roy did have the starters in with 5 minutes left. He had Hansbrough, Ellington, Lawson, Green and Thompson out there. It was completely unnecessary.

I don't he should go to. I don't think he even starts in the games now so i can't see how he'd go to the NBA next year like some "experts" project him to be. He'd be a late first round pick at the very best and would be one of those "project players". He's got the size and skill but yeah, not there just yet. Sure in a few years he'll be ready to go.

I agree that he should stay another year (unless we see a huge jump in progression), but I haven't seen a single mock draft that has him falling out of the lottery, and I would be surprised if he wasn't a top 10 pick based on his size and skill alone. I mean, look at guys like Robin Lopez, JaVale McGee, Spencer Hawes, Patrick O'Bryant, etc. All of those guys played only a year or 2 in college and were viewed as projects, but still went in the top 20.