PDA

View Full Version : Official Warriors Offseason Ideas/Discussion Thread

Conor
04-15-2008, 12:38 AM
This is your thread for posting ideas for what you think our front office should do during this offseason, whether it be in the draft, trades, free agency, etc.
Here's last offseason's thread: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105650

Keep ideas realistic and have fun!

GUESTS, SIGN UP at www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/register.php and join the discussion!

Jimmy3702
04-15-2008, 12:56 AM
What is our salary cap as that will help us know if we can realistically resign people and make a FA splash?

Conor
04-15-2008, 12:58 AM
I don't know for sure, but I'd estimate about 57 million. If we resign Monta and Biedrins, we won't be making any kind of FA splash to be honest.

garlicboy
04-15-2008, 01:25 AM
What is our salary cap as that will help us know if we can realistically resign people and make a FA splash?

I have a detailed outline of the cap in one of the previous threads.

Basically we can probably just BARELY resign our key free agents, Baron, Monta and Biedrins. Leaving us with 8 players including Jack, Al, Perovic, Wright Belinelli. With 8 players we'd have about $3-5 million left to sign 2 draft picks That would leave us with 10, and I'm not sure if 10 or 12 is the mininmum to fill a roster. We also have CJ Watson, Croshere, and perhaps Pierre Pierce if he can get out of the state of Illinois and get through his legal troubles. Pierce can definitely be a solid back-up in this league.

However, Azubuike will be lost.

Conor
04-15-2008, 01:30 AM
I don't think it's a sure thing that we lose Azubuike. If another team comes in offering big bucks (4-5 million), then yeah, he's gone. But I can see him coming back to the Warriors for relatively cheap a la Pietrus and Barnes last offseason.

jason
04-15-2008, 01:33 AM
how many years left does Monta have on his contract or does he have any?

bmac650
04-15-2008, 01:38 AM
i was reading J.R. Smith is a restricted free agent...any chance??

Jimmy3702
04-15-2008, 01:59 AM
I hate JR Smith and he is a cancer to any team. We do not want him talented but NO.

Jimmy3702
04-15-2008, 01:59 AM
Any chance we don't resign Baron and go for Elton Brand??? Monta is ready for PG and Buike and Belenelli can fill in at SG. Love Baron but its worth a thought.

GIANTS15
04-15-2008, 02:33 AM
correct me if im wrong but we still have the trade exception from the richardson deal...that opens up allot of possibility's this offseason.....

and honestly guys the young guys will only see more playing time next year so i dont expect davis,jackson,ellis to be paying 48 minutes a night...wright,belleneli will be a force off the bench next year with way more minutes in meaningful games just watch....and dont forget abotu azabuke...fututre is bright ...now all we need is a PF/SF who can handle the rock,get rebounds like a young webber or billy owens!

garlicboy
04-15-2008, 02:49 AM
I don't think it's a sure thing that we lose Azubuike. If another team comes in offering big bucks (4-5 million), then yeah, he's gone. But I can see him coming back to the Warriors for relatively cheap a la Pietrus and Barnes last offseason.

The Warriors had the option of matching any offers to Pietrus and Barnes. Nobody offered Barnes a long term contract(rightfully so) and when Barnes signed his contract,it ensured that the Dubs could match any offer for Pietrus. Many teams wanted to trade for him, but the Dubs wouldn't have none of it.

Definitely not a lock that Azubuike leaves, in fact having Barnes and Pietrus as free agents creates more options for the Warriors, but I believe Azubuike is the best of the 3. Charlie Bell got a nice contract averaging close to $4 mil per year,and IMHO he's not the talent or as good as Azubuike.

garlicboy
04-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Any chance we don't resign Baron and go for Elton Brand??? Monta is ready for PG and Buike and Belenelli can fill in at SG. Love Baron but its worth a thought.

BAron has a player option. Who knows if he exercises it. Many believe he will because it is for $17 million per, but he could possibly resign for 4 years 14-15 million per year like Chauncey Billups did last year. I'd trade him for Brand, but Brand is only available if he wants out. Brand has a player option as well.

All depend on the lottery... If we get a top 3 or if someone falls to us at 14.

Saltinuts40
04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
1. Stephen Jackson signed
2. Al Harrington signed
3. Brandan Wright signed
4. Marco Bellinelli signed
-------------------
5. Baron Davis needs an extension
6. Monta Ellis needs to be re-signed
7. Andris Biedrins needs to be re-signed
8. Kelenna Azubuike hopefully signs his player option
9. Mickael Pietrus, Matt Barnes or a Mid-Level Free Agent [can play the 3-4]
10. We need to find the next Clifford Robinson/Austin Croshere type
11. Adequate backup for Davis [C.J. Watson hopefully]
12. Adequate backup for Biedrins [Kosta Perovic hopefully]
13. Patrick O'Bryant is gone. [Will be replaced by a draft pick]

C Andris Biedrins
PF Al Harrington
SF Stephen Jackson
SG Monta Ellis
PG Baron Davis
--------
Swing Kelenna Azubuike
C/PF Brandan Wright
F Mickael Pietrus/Matt Barnes/Mid Level Free Agent
G Marco Bellinelli
PG C.J. Watson or upgrade
C Kosta Perovic or upgrade
PF/C Austin Croshere healthy or upgrade
---------
D-League
Patrick O'Bryant and/or Draft Picks

Would re-signing everybody and giving more responsibility next season to C.J. Watson and Kosta Perovic be enough to keep Baron healthy and Andris out of foul trouble?

Will Kelenna Azubuike be willing to stay for a small contract?
Will Mickael Pietrus ever be consistent?
Will Matt Barnes go back to being the man he was in 2007?
Will Austin Croshere stay healthy?
Will Patrick O'Bryant be worth signing to a minimum contract because he is still so young and 7'?

Giants-49ers-Ws
04-15-2008, 03:17 PM
PG: Baron Davis, Draft Pick
SG: Monta Ellis, Marco Belinelli
SF: Stephen Jackson, Kelenna Azubuike
PF: Jermaine O'neal, Brandan Wright, Austin Croshere
C: Andris Biedrins, Stromile Swift, Kosta Perovic

Gone:

Harrington (Trade)
Pietrus
Barnes
Watson
O'Bryant

EyeBelieve
04-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Last year, even though this team made the playoffs and had an amazing upset over the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks, they were a borderline playoff team. They got lucky and their playoff hope was a Christmas gift that was the worst team in the league with the Blazers. If they have played anyone else, they may not have made it at all. Mullin pretty much stood pat in the Summer and they started the 07-08 season with the exact same roster with 2 added draft pick and once again, they were a borderline playoff team. Unfortunately for them, this season's hopes were through the Phoenix Suns. This team needs to make changes in order for them to keep moving forward because in reality, they're only marginal better than last season and have only won 5 more games. Free Agents:

Baron Davis (unrestricted ETO) - He'll more than likely pick up his option worth $17,000,000 and will look for an extension which I believe he deserves. Everyone knows that he's this team's best player and leader. His extension will be a pay cut but if its long term, BD will be fine with that. I'd offer him a 5 year deal worth about $70,000,000 which is starting salary of $12,000,000 in 2009. He's still only 29 years old and will be 34 when his contract expires which works out perfectly. I truly believe that these are his prime years of his career where the game will start to slow down for him. His physical abilities will diminish a tad and he'll be forced to be a more cerebal point guard.

Matt Barnes (unrestricted) - This season, he has shown why he's been a journeyman in the league for so many years. His energy is infectious but thats about all he brings. He's a terrible 3 point shooter (29%) that loves to shoot 3s. His defense has been erratic at best and he just couldn't get it together. Barnes shouldn't be re-signed this season, especially if he's looking for something long term. His value was up last Summer but has taken a dramatic drop after this season. I wouldn't want to see him in a W' s uniform next season.

Monta Ellis - (restricted) - Ellis is a guy I'm absolutely torn about when it comes to re-signing. No questions, Ellis is a scoring talent but in the end, he's still a 6'3 shooting guard. He's the main reason why Baron guards much bigger players while he's trying to stay in front of point guards. You combine the minutes that Davis gets along with the extra physicality, and you have the reason why he was so worn down towards the end of the season. He's shown improvement, but how many 6'3 shooting guards have become stars in the league? Gilbert Arenas has much more point guard skills, is a better defender, and better shooter than Ellis. Other combo guards: Luther Head, Quincy Douby, Leandhro Barbosa, AJ Guyton, DJ Strawberry, Dejuan Wagner, Jason Terry, Eddie House, Juan Dixon, Salim Stoudemire, Jeff McGinnis, Ben Gordon, Daniel Gibson, Damon Jones, Fred Jones, and Cuttino Mobley. I can keep going, but you get the point right? For every Arenas, there's the list above. So what is Ellis' potential? You play the percentages and with his value, they can get a nice player if they were to sign-a-trade him. The Warriors have too many guys that can play the 2 to give Monta a max contract and there are much cheaper options.

Andris Biedrins (restricted) - I haven't been a huge fan of Biedrins, but I'm slowly warming up to him. He's still a guy that needs to learn how to play defense but his rebounding in the second half of the season has been outstanding. 7 footers with his mobility and hands are extremely rare. He could actually play the power forward spot which we saw some of when he was playing alongside Perovic, For the Warriors, he's a must sign and will probably get about a contract that starts $7M. Whats key is that the Warriors have to give him an offer sheet right when the season ends so they have the right to match any offers and to retain his rights.

Kelenna Azubuike (unrestricted) - When I talk about a cheaper option for Monta, I'm talking about Kelenna. He's shown that he can play in this league and has the potential to be a great defender. He did a great job on Kobe Byrant a few weeks ago. He's a great rebounder from the shooting guard spot and a solid 3 point shooter. He's Jason Richardson with better handles and defense. Will be relatively cheap to re-sign so its a near no-brainer for the Warriors.

Mikael Pietrus (unrestricted) - Even with his outstanding play in the second half of the season, I'm still not a big fan of Pietrus. He's foul prone and offensively, one dimensional. What really fustrates me about that is he's a better player than someone who just camps outside the 3 point line waiting to shoot. MP's issues isn't physical as he has the abilities in the world. His problem is his mentality. A change of scenary maybe the best bet for Pietrus and I don't see him as a Warriors next season.

Others to not be re-signed: Austin Croshere, Patrick O'Bryant, and CJ Watson

THE PLAN AND TRADE IDEAS

There are a bunch of teams that will be hot for Monta Ellis with Memphis and Miami being the front runners. They'll more than likely put offer sheets down for the Warriors to match which gives the Dubbz plenty of options. He's not going to get less than what Gilbert Arenas got offered so Ellis getting somewhere from $8-10 million wouldn't be impossible. A max contract for a player of his experience is 25% of the cap which could be about $13,000,000 and I doubt he'd get that.

The best scenario would be to sign and trade Ellis and send him along with future 1st rounder and Al Harrington ($9,200,000) to Memphis for Mike Miller ($9,000,000), Kyle Lowry ($1,160,000) , Darko Milicic ($7,000,000) and Hakim Warrick ($2,100,000).

This gives the Warriors a solid back up in Lowry who can bring Baron down to the 30-35 minutes a game that the Warriors want him to play. Miller is a guy that would absolutely flourish in this style of play since he can handle, pass, and shoot the ball. Monta would love to play in Memphis which is close to his hometown of Jackson, Mississippi. The Grizz get the player they want in Ellis and if they can draft a guy like Brook Lopez, they could be in business. A line up of Conley, Ellis, Gay, Harrington, and Lopez could be a nice building block for them.

2008 Draft Pick (14th Pick) - Earl Clark - 6'8 SF from Louisville . Been compared to Danny Granger
Second Round Pick ( 44th pick) Joey Dorsey - 6'9 PF from Memphis or Trent Plaisted - 6'10 PF BYU

Arthur is projected a late lottery or mid first round pick. He'd add some depth to this front court and could be a nice player to have off the bench.

2008-09 Line up:

PG Baron Davis - Kyle Lowry
SG Stephen Jackson - Marco Belinelli - Kelenna Azubuike
SF Mike Miller - HakkimWarrick - Earl Clark
PF Brandan Wright - Joey Dorsey
C Andris Biedrins - Kosta Perovic

Conor
04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Damn, EB, you typed an essay....props, it was a good read.

I completely disagree though with the Memphis trade, for reasons that I've stated in the other thread. You talk about Ellis like he hasn't already proven himself to be better than every single player on "the list"...but he has.

Also, I agree completely that Azubuike and Biedrins are no-brainer signings...hopefully we'll have the money to bring both of them back along with Monta.

danbuc0101
04-16-2008, 07:24 PM
why dont the warriors just verbally tell baron that they will resign him during or after the next season so that the warriors will have enough money to go after key free agents and still be able to resign ellis and beidrens??? Why wouldnt he go for that considering that he wants to win a championship so bad.

cali72888
04-16-2008, 10:04 PM
I like the idea of bringing baron back for a 5 year contract, but thats only if we decide to either let monte walk, or sign and trade him.
After next season its either going to be monte or baron at point guard, there is no way that we keep monte at sg "if" we do keep him. the way i see it is who do you think will end up being the better point guard within the next five years? (personally i think monte will be better then baron at the end of his career, and would take monte as a starting pg over baron.)

As with trading monte i have came up with many scenerios in which we trade monte assuming he signs a deal worth 10.5 million next season.

Memphis trade- mike miller, kyle lowery first round pick.
Chicago trade- deng, thomas, gordon
portland trade- frye, blake, mc roberts, jack
miami trade- haslem, wright, cook
sacramento- salmons, moore, first round pick

i would do any of these trades, they would all add needed depth on our roster, and most would provide baron with a backup pg, along with size and rebounding.

Monta8Ellis
04-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Wow EyeBelieve,
i cant believe you want to trade away Monta Ellis for pretty much Mike Miller. There are simply some guys that can excel in any sport no matter what size they are. Lets take Allen Iverson for example, 6ft on a good day. How about Chris Paul, another 6fter. Iverson has played shooting guard for his entire career. I'm not saying Monta is going to be the next Iverson, but you dont score 20/game by accident. Yes, Baron does attract a lot of attention to free up open shots for other guys, but if u watched every game like i did, you would know that Monta is a flat out player in every facet of the game. He is one of those special players that comes once every 10-15 years.

This is what i think:
1. We should trade Baron. Honestly, with the lineup we currently have, we will never make it to the Finals, which is the ultimate goal of any season.
I say we trade Baron to the Miami Heat, who are just freeing up huge contracts of Jason Williams and Ricky Davis. We trade Baron straight up for the #1 pick(assuming the Heat get #1 or #2). This frees up HUGE cap space, leaving room to pick up a guy like Elton Brand or Jermaine O'neal, prefferably Brand. So essentially, we would be trading Baron for Beasley/Rose and Brand.

2. We must resign Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins. If u look at all the teams in the NBA, the majority of them do not have a true legit center. Howard, Chandler, Oden, Camby, Shaq and Yao pretty much wraps them all up. I'm talking about a true defensive presence. Biedrins has improved vastly every season, and he's only 22 years old with much room for physical growth.

3. We resign Azubuike. Whatever it takes. He's our 6th man hands down, along w Harrington.

So this is our starting lineup:
1. Monta
2. Jackson
3. Beasely
4. Brand
5. Biedrins

Bench:
Harrington
Kelenna
Wright
Belinelli

bmac650
04-16-2008, 11:00 PM
i like the idea of baron to miami for the 1st pick (assuming they get it) but we would probably have to send them our pick also...would that be enough?

Conor
04-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Wow EyeBelieve,
i cant believe you want to trade away Monta Ellis for pretty much Mike Miller. There are simply some guys that can excel in any sport no matter what size they are. Lets take Allen Iverson for example, 6ft on a good day. How about Chris Paul, another 6fter. Iverson has played shooting guard for his entire career. I'm not saying Monta is going to be the next Iverson, but you dont score 20/game by accident. Yes, Baron does attract a lot of attention to free up open shots for other guys, but if u watched every game like i did, you would know that Monta is a flat out player in every facet of the game. He is one of those special players that comes once every 10-15 years.

This is what i think:
1. We should trade Baron. Honestly, with the lineup we currently have, we will never make it to the Finals, which is the ultimate goal of any season.
I say we trade Baron to the Miami Heat, who are just freeing up huge contracts of Jason Williams and Ricky Davis. We trade Baron straight up for the #1 pick(assuming the Heat get #1 or #2). This frees up HUGE cap space, leaving room to pick up a guy like Elton Brand or Jermaine O'neal, prefferably Brand. So essentially, we would be trading Baron for Beasley/Rose and Brand.

2. We must resign Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins. If u look at all the teams in the NBA, the majority of them do not have a true legit center. Howard, Chandler, Oden, Camby, Shaq and Yao pretty much wraps them all up. I'm talking about a true defensive presence. Biedrins has improved vastly every season, and he's only 22 years old with much room for physical growth.

3. We resign Azubuike. Whatever it takes. He's our 6th man hands down, along w Harrington.

1. Monta
2. Jackson
3. Beasely
4. Brand
5. Biedrins

Bench:
Harrington
Kelenna
Wright
Belinelli

Welcome to PSD man. :)
That idea to trade Baron for essentially the number 1 pick and a FA big man stud is so good it's scary. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. With Baron, we'd be around 10 million over the cap assuming we resign Monta and Biedrins to big time deals. So if we dump Baron to Miami (who I don't believe will have enough money to absorb his salary completely, we'd probably have to take back 5-7 million in salary)...we'd only end up 7 or so million under the cap, and that's discluding the money we'd have to take back. So really, we wouldn't have the money to land a Brand or JO. We'd just be trading Baron for Derrick Rose (who I think would be a better fit for us anyways)....and I think we'd have to add to get the number 1 anyways, since Rose could be better than Baron within a couple years IMO and Pat Riley has made it clear that the Heat are looking towards the future.

Saltinuts40
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
As with trading monte i have came up with many scenerios in which we trade monte assuming he signs a deal worth 10.5 million next season.

Memphis trade- mike miller, kyle lowery first round pick.
Chicago trade- deng, thomas, gordon
portland trade- frye, blake, mc roberts, jack
miami trade- haslem, wright, cook
sacramento- salmons, moore, first round pick

i would do any of these trades, they would all add needed depth on our roster, and most would provide baron with a backup pg, along with size and rebounding.

We can get Mike Miller for nothing, because he makes less than 10 mil, so it would be idiotic for us to get Lowry and a 1st from Memphis when they would top 3 protect the pick.

We can't make that trade with Chicago because Deng and Gordon are both restricted free agents, and will command similar money as Monta.

Portland would jump at the chance to get Monta for those four scrubs. Blake and Jack are nothing compared to Monta, and Frye and McRoberts are not good enough inside to help us.

Miami's Haslem would help us inside, but for Monta??? Never.

Sac's Moore and Salmons are absolute trash. Moore is too much of a head case to add to our group. We are already too volatile.

Saltinuts40
04-17-2008, 12:03 PM

1. Monta
2. Jackson
3. Beasely
4. Brand
5. Biedrins

Bench:
Harrington
Kelenna
Wright
Belinelli

Miami would never in a million years give up the top pick for Baron Davis. They are trying to shed money, so that last thing they would want is the one guard more injury prone than DWade when they can get their point guard of the future in Rose.

Nice try, but no chance.

garlicboy
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
i like the idea of baron to miami for the 1st pick (assuming they get it) but we would probably have to send them our pick also...would that be enough?

They would not do it. In essence they would be the Warriors. A bunch of little guys with no big man.

Beasley is a young force whose contract would be relatively cheap. Why trade a pick and get Baron when they may be able to get him or antoher big time free agent for free this off season or next?

garlicboy
04-17-2008, 02:46 PM
For all trade proposals please use trade checker.

Al Harrington and a 2nd round pick for Udonis Haslem and Alexander Johnson.
I would do this trade. I don't think it's the greatest trade, but I would do it. http://www.******.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Positives:
1.) We get a rebounding PF who can shoot from the outside, albeit mid range jumpers.
2.) We shed salary. We save about 2 or 3 million per year that's a lot of money we can use to resign Buike!
3.) We get a young back-up PF/C in Alexander Johnson someone who consistently plays hard and will be an upgrade over POB

Negatives:
1.) We lose Al's 3 pt. shooting
2.) We lose a 2nd round pick.

Why would the Heat do it?
1.) If the Heat get the #1 overall and get Beasley, Haslem is expendable.
2.) Al is a 3 pt shooter they could use on the perimeter.Al can also swing over and start at the 3 spot if Marion opts out or if Marion leaves after 1 year. Al can also play Center in spot minutes.

3.) Al is a solid pro with strong work ethic and no off court problems, things that Riley look for in a player.
4.) Al's contract is not that bad 2 years $19 million, outgoing 2 years, $14 million.
5.) The Heat get a 2nd round pick which helps since they don't have one this year.

Why wouldn't the Heat do it?
1.) Intake of extra salary from Harrington's contract. $5 million

What the Heat would want to do: Turn the tables.

Al Harrington for Udonis Haslem and Marcus Banks and 2nd round pick.

The Heat would try and unload unwanted players with bad contracts like Banks. I say no!!!

Conor
04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
A Harrington-Haslem type deal would be so helpful to our team...assuming Haslem can handle an uptempo system.

At the same time though, would we have enough post scoring left? A lot would depend on Wright's development as a scorer.

CityKid415
04-17-2008, 08:25 PM
So what do you guys think are tho odds of Don Nelson retiring? I mean i wouldn't mind if he stays or retires. His offense philosophy is great, but i don't think the warriors can get anywhere without playing defense. So if he were to retire the person most likely to fill his position is Keith Smart(am i wrong?)But anyways, i think it would be interesting to see if he can continue on Don Nelson's coaching style, but then put more focus on defense(oh yea and play the bench/rookies). For example Avery Johnson, he was Don Nelson's successor in Dallas and is having a lot of success. If you look at Dallas right now, they thrive in the running system, but they play defense too. So yea imo it should be interesting to see how the whole coaching thing works out for the warriors and if Keith Smart should take the role as coach if he could follow in the footsteps of Avery Johnson.

garlicboy
04-18-2008, 01:23 AM
A Harrington-Haslem type deal would be so helpful to our team...assuming Haslem can handle an uptempo system.

At the same time though, would we have enough post scoring left? A lot would depend on Wright's development as a scorer.

I'm not understanding? What do you mean by enough post scoring left? Are you saying Al is a better post scoring threat than Haslem?

More than post scoring we need interior defense and rebounding provided by someone other than Biedrins.

Conor
04-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes, Al is a better post scorer than Haslem. Haslem's points come on mid-range jumpers, while Al's come mostly on 3's but Al can still muscle up and get easy layups when he wants.

garlicboy
04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, Al is a better post scorer than Haslem. Haslem's points come on mid-range jumpers, while Al's come mostly on 3's but Al can still muscle up and get easy layups when he wants.

I will give Al credit for being able to use his quickness and agility to at times get to the rim. However many of these moves to the hoop come off the face up as the opposing big men have to step out and respect his shot. It's rare that he can obtain position on the block and make a power move.

I will say that I haven't watched as much Heat games as Dub games, but I do remember watching Haslem in college where he was a "pure" back to the basket Power Forward and did well. He has changed his game to more of the mid-range variety, but Haslem definitely has more experience, toughness and size to bang on the inside.

Haslem's 9 rebounds a game is proof that he is the better inside player. Post scoring is nice to have, but what we really need is interior defense and rebounding which Haslem does well.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
04-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Mike Miller will not be needed next year. Bellinelli will be a person you kick the ball out to knock a jump shot.

Miami will not trade the top pick and a chance to pick up Beasley for Baron.

Trading Ellis, who has the potential to be the next Iverson is dumb. After this season he has shown to be a go to player and someone we need to find more shots for.

Our biggest weakness as everyone knows is a bang around type physical player at PF as well as depth on our bench.

Our trade exception can only be used to match salary ONLY in a trade. You cannot use it to sign a player for 10 million and that wont add anymore salary to our cap. It needs to be involved within a trade and MUST be used I believe by July or sometime around July or else it expires.

Saltinuts40
04-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Article in the Chronicle says Mickael Pietrus, Matt Barnes, and Patrick O'Bryant likely done in Golden State. It also says it is likely that Kelenna Azubuike will opt out to test the market.

Mullin has only committed to Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins, saying they will be back regardless of price.

The article says Mullin would like to keep Kelenna, and would be willing to sign him to a new contract.

It also says they expect Baron back. Austin Croshere would like to come back. Al Harrington will probably play the role of J-Rich this off-season as the vulnerable vet who could get traded.

Saltinuts40
04-19-2008, 09:28 AM
All of our free agents are unable to trade, and that makes potential sign and trade ideas impossible.

We have to assume the value one of our free agents might get on the open market in trade ideas.

EyeBelieve
04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Monta8Ellis,

If there was a slight hint that Monta Ellis can make the transition to the point guard spot, then by all means, I'd sign him to whatever deal he wants. But the truth is, he isn't a point guard and may never be one. Sure he has has some nifty passes, but when you're talking about calling plays, running the team, and leading by example...Monta falls short in abilities. Monta will bring the ball up and then shoot it more times than he'll pass it. Thats just not a point guard in my opinion. Like I said, he has talent which is a given, but his talent is more suited as a scorer than floor general.

Mike Miller is a very nice player and even made the Team USA and its a matter of need. If Nellie is going to let his players chuck up 3s, then Mike Miller will be a monster for this team. With his ability to handle and pass the ball makes him even more dangerous.

Conor
04-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Monta8Ellis,

If there was a slight hint that Monta Ellis can make the transition to the point guard spot, then by all means, I'd sign him to whatever deal he wants. But the truth is, he isn't a point guard and may never be one. Sure he has has some nifty passes, but when you're talking about calling plays, running the team, and leading by example...Monta falls short in abilities. Monta will bring the ball up and then shoot it more times than he'll pass it. Thats just not a point guard in my opinion. Like I said, he has talent which is a given, but his talent is more suited as a scorer than floor general.

Mike Miller is a very nice player and even made the Team USA and its a matter of need. If Nellie is going to let his players chuck up 3s, then Mike Miller will be a monster for this team. With his ability to handle and pass the ball makes him even more dangerous.

He's 22 YEARS OLD!!! Name me 3 22 year olds who can do that on a consistent basis. I guarantee you can't.

Tmac416
04-22-2008, 07:46 PM
haha yea monta aint going anywere and i would bet he becomes a point guard more than he wont. Think about how much he has improved each year. Showed flashes, MIP last year, and this year was his breakout, clearly in the upperhalf of guards. shooting 53%! he has been slowy getting groomed for the PG and i expect him to develop even more in that area next year. like conor said- HE IS 22!

garlicboy
04-23-2008, 12:52 PM
He's 22 YEARS OLD!!! Name me 3 22 year olds who can do that on a consistent basis. I guarantee you can't.

Still it's hard to just become a PG, it never happened for other guys like Chris Jackson, Cuttino Mobley, Steve Francis, David Wesley, Tony Delk, Bobby Jackson Gilbert Arenas, Dwayne Wade etc. These guys were small 2 guards who had the physical tools to become PG's, but did not focus and dedicate themselves to learning the position mentally.

Playing PG is a mindset, and he has to learn it and embrace it. Chris Paul, Deron Williams, they played PG their entire lives.

It takes time to learn, look at Chauncey Billups it took him a while.

While he can still learn, it's more of a mindset. Even in high school he was more of a scorere averaging 35 plus a game.

Saltinuts40
04-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Baron will not turn down $17.8 mil
Monta and Biedrins will be given extensions
Marco and Wright are coming back
Stephen Jackson has zero value compared to what he gives us.
Kelenna Azuibuike is opting out, but we will try to re-sign him

Al Harrington is on the block, as is sign and trade candidates Pietrus, Barnes, Croshere, and POB

garlicboy
04-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Baron will not turn down $17.8 mil
Monta and Biedrins will be given extensions
Marco and Wright are coming back
Stephen Jackson has zero value compared to what he gives us.
Kelenna Azuibuike is opting out, but we will try to re-sign him

Al Harrington is on the block, as is sign and trade candidates Pietrus, Barnes, Croshere, and POB

I agree. Perovic is also coming back, as I believed he signed a 2 year $4 million contract, which is why I believe he saw minutes over POB, he's going to be here next year.

I think Croshere will stay for the vet minimum unless we can get another vet who is a postive influence and does the same things Cro does.

*Baron, $18 million is a lot of money to turn down, however I'm not completely sure it's a no-brainer. He may ask for an extension or a sign and trade after the amount of minutes he playe for Nellie last year. I can see him wanting a contract extension, and asking for 4 years at 12-13 million equaling $48-52 million guaranteed, instead of 1 year $18 million and the risk of getting injured and never getting a nice pay day. I think he may just want to get an extension for less money if we get an solid Power Forward through the draft or trade.

essco
04-24-2008, 07:16 PM
I was reading a oe of the messages about there is no room for a 6'3 shoong guard.. i disagree.. Look at Allen Iverson and Richard Hamilton. True Iverson was a point guard most of his career but now he plays shooting guard in Denver.... Monte is a must keep because of his mid-range game.. His mid-range jumper is like a lay up.. True he has some defensive problems (that hs MUST address) but his offense is special.. I'd say that the offer for him will be 8-9 million per. i would jump on that in a heartbeat. Biedrins will be in the 7-8 mil becauae of his size. These two must be signed along with Baron coming back. Sign him to an extension for about 12 mil per. Get rid of Al harrington for another big man. Al played good in spurts but sometimes he just didnt get it. Matt is a nice player that had some hidden problems last year but if we are to keep him it would have to be at 2 mil per. He makes too many mistakes and bone head plays.. Petrus (whom i like) is more than likely gon but I would love to have him for 6 mil becuase of his athletic ability but he is not a must sign.
Buike is another must sign... 3-4 mil (2 years). He did it all when he played... For his size he plays a lot bigger...
Keys to the off season is get another rebounder ad defensive minded PF and a adequate bac up point guard... TheWarriors should look good for a return trip to the playoffs... Probably the biggest key is: Don Nelson!!! Let your bench play and get some time in so that the startes don't run out of gas.. that is what I think happened this season. It was not the players all of a sudden learning how to shoot but their legs gave out because Don nelson refused to play the back ups.. You don't know what you have if you don't play them... Go Dubz 2008-2009

garlicboy
04-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Probably the biggest key is: Don Nelson!!! Let your bench play and get some time in so that the startes don't run out of gas.. that is what I think happened this season. It was not the players all of a sudden learning how to shoot but their legs gave out because Don nelson refused to play the back ups.. You don't know what you have if you don't play them... Go Dubz 2008-2009

Don Nelson is has saved this franchise and team. I'm tired of the Don Nelson bashing. He knows what he has in the rookies, he sees them play everyday in practic. Our rookies weren't ready (205 Wright) or had better players playing in front of them (Buike, Pietrus in front of Belinelli). We should be happy and lucky to have Don Nelson as our head coach.

Hand Check
04-29-2008, 10:27 AM
plenty of good players out there... many in last years of contract and possibly available......if we could move HARRINGTON we clould get more creative:

Andres Nocioni
Drew Gooden
Chris Wilcox
Antonio McDyess
Elton Brand

hey I hear KWame Brown will be available!

oracle650
04-30-2008, 12:20 AM
For the ball the warriors run Artest would fit in. Good chemistry with Jack I'd presume too. Brand is cool mane but he's a half court player mane. U can't change the system for one player.

1. DAVIS
2. ELLIS
3. JACKSON
4. ARTEST
5. BIEDRINS

Would be effective. But somehow I got the feeling the Warriors will do the wrong thing. Not only will the team suffer but we as fans will get ****ted on as well. Nelly play his bench, players get rest Warriors will be a force to be reckoned with. Imagine Jack, Ellis, Davis resting, with the bench holding down a big league. When that happens will get past the second round at least.

Saltinuts40
04-30-2008, 12:29 AM
We would be replacing Matt Barnes and Mickael Pietrus with Ron Artest. Ron Artest is the combination of the two, however, his volitility also makes him a bad pickup.

Saltinuts40
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Brand might be more of a half court player, but that is exactly the kind of player we need. We need someone in the half court who can score inside.

Saltinuts40
04-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Perfect fit. If healthy, he is a top 10 big man. O'Neal and Biedrins together can help us go to the finals. Al Harrington and pieces could be sent to the Pacers for O'neal because Harrington's contract is big, but short and they want to get more athletic.

oracle650
04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
shaq caused the suns a better faster team their chance against the spurs. shaq should retire man for real. he is too slow for our team.

Saltinuts40
04-30-2008, 01:20 PM
shaq caused the suns a better faster team their chance against the spurs. shaq should retire man for real. he is too slow for our team.

He isn't leaving $30 mil on the table next year. Plus, it's a good thing he stays because the Suns aren't as good with him, and when we get better next year, we will be able to beat the Suns if we see them in the playoffs.

garlicboy
05-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Perfect fit. If healthy, he is a top 10 big man. O'Neal and Biedrins together can help us go to the finals. Al Harrington and pieces could be sent to the Pacers for O'neal because Harrington's contract is big, but short and they want to get more athletic.

IF O'Neal is healthy. That's a big if, he played like crap last year and he wasn't healthy for the majority of the year. Seriously, the guy fell off the face of the earth. And secondly, why would the Pacer trade for a player they traded away? It could happen, it happened with S. Jacks, but I would say that it is more unlikely than likely especially with 3/4 players in DunMurphy and Danny Granger whose a stud.

I will say it's a good scenario if O'Neal is healthy, but we have no big contracts to send thier way other than Al, and I think we'd need $7 more mil, Perovic is $2 so that leaves $5 Azubuike sign and trade. This would do it, and it's not bad. Nice proposal Salt...ufortunately I checked salaries and JON has 2 years $45 million left. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I'd take Jeff Foster though. Foster for Buike and POB.

oracle650
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
He isn't leaving $30 mil on the table next year. Plus, it's a good thing he stays because the Suns aren't as good with him, and when we get better next year, we will be able to beat the Suns if we see them in the playoffs.

no doubt shaq in a suns jersey is good for the dubs.

Saltinuts40
05-01-2008, 03:07 PM
IF O'Neal is healthy. That's a big if, he played like crap last year and he wasn't healthy for the majority of the year. Seriously, the guy fell off the face of the earth. And secondly, why would the Pacer trade for a player they traded away? It could happen, it happened with S. Jacks, but I would say that it is more unlikely than likely especially with 3/4 players in DunMurphy and Danny Granger whose a stud.

I will say it's a good scenario if O'Neal is healthy, but we have no big contracts to send thier way other than Al, and I think we'd need $7 more mil, Perovic is $2 so that leaves $5 Azubuike sign and trade. This would do it, and it's not bad. Nice proposal Salt...ufortunately I checked salaries and JON has 2 years $45 million left. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I'd take Jeff Foster though. Foster for Buike and POB.

When they made the deal for Jack and Harrington, the Pacers were trying to slow it down. Now, they are trying to speed it up again. Harrington could be a good piece to play with Foster, Granger, and Dunleavy for what they are trying to do. I agree with wanting Foster. I don't think we ever should have traded him for Vonteego Cummings. We could move Harrington , POB and Pietrus for Jermaine O'neal.

Saltinuts40
05-04-2008, 01:08 AM
If Seattle just wants to dump Chris Wilcox' salary (hoping), we could make a sign and trade and move Croshere, Perovic and a future 1st

If we moved Pietrus and POB for Villanueva, we would be stacked.

PG Baron and Watson
SG Ellis, Buke and Bellinelli
SF Jack, Villanueva and Barnes
PF Wilcox and Harrington
C Biedrins and Wright

That's a playoff team who can beat the Spurs, Hornets, and Jazz

Saltinuts40
05-04-2008, 01:35 AM
We need a guy who can fight inside. We need Dennis Rodman. Ideally we need someone who can bang with Carlos Boozer, David West and Amare Stoudamire. At minimum, we need a guy who can keep Paul Milsap, Carl Landry, Brandon Bass, Ronny Turiaf, Al Thornton, etc... off the glass and out of the paint all together.

I'd love to get David Lee, but now that Donnie Walsh is running things in New York, they might not be so stupid with there moves. Al Harrington has a value just over 32, according to real gm . com. Malik Rose has one more year on his deal. I would be willing to move Al Harrington for Malik Rose and David Lee. Lee would provide the defense and rebounding we desperately need off the bench and malik will come off the books a year before Al Harrington. Walsh has always liked Harrington.

Carl Landry will be a free agent. We could offer him the mid level if we lose out on Buke.

Paul Milsap (valued at 2.7 on real gm . com with only 1 year remianing), would be a perfect fit to trade for. I don't know who the Jazz would want in return.

Leon Powe (also valued at 2.7 on real gm . com with only 1 year remaining), who is someone we should have drafted since he played in our backyard, might be a great fit for us. He is contributing for Boston, but they might be able to use a good defender like Mickael Pietrus with James Posey being a year older next year, and Big Baby Davis being a good young big man too.

garlicboy
05-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Carl Landry will be a free agent. We could offer him the mid level if we lose out on Buke.

Paul Milsap (valued at 2.7 on real gm . com with only 1 year remianing), would be a perfect fit to trade for. I don't know who the Jazz would want in return.

Leon Powe (also valued at 2.7 on real gm . com with only 1 year remaining), who is someone we should have drafted since he played in our backyard, might be a great fit for us. He is contributing for Boston, but they might be able to use a good defender like Mickael Pietrus with James Posey being a year older next year, and Big Baby Davis being a good young big man too.

Carl Landry is not a Free agent, he has a team option the Rockets will exercise.

Millsap, Powe and Glen Davis are not going anywhere. Millsap may get traded, but not to the Dubs. I don't see Utah giving the Dubs their missing link.

Leon Powe and Davis are untouchable in the sense that the Celts are tip-toeing if not over the luxury tax and are already a championship contending team. Leon Powe is young, cheap productive role player, ditto for Glenn Davis. They make $1 million COMBINED, this year. Now that's what I call value. Value the Celts are not going to let go.

I agree with your assessment of what the Dubs lack.

Now, I'm not sure I would trade David Lee for Brandan Wright, because we really could have used him this year. Now, he has a qualifying offer which means we extend him, or he takes the qualifying offer we give him and risk losinging him at the end of next season relinquishing his rights if we do not extend him.

Saltinuts40
05-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Carl Landry is not a Free agent, he has a team option the Rockets will exercise.

Millsap, Powe and Glen Davis are not going anywhere. Millsap may get traded, but not to the Dubs. I don't see Utah giving the Dubs their missing link.

Leon Powe and Davis are untouchable in the sense that the Celts are tip-toeing if not over the luxury tax and are already a championship contending team. Leon Powe is young, cheap productive role player, ditto for Glenn Davis. They make $1 million COMBINED, this year. Now that's what I call value. Value the Celts are not going to let go.

I agree with your assessment of what the Dubs lack.

Now, I'm not sure I would trade David Lee for Brandan Wright, because we really could have used him this year. Now, he has a qualifying offer which means we extend him, or he takes the qualifying offer we give him and risk losinging him at the end of next season relinquishing his rights if we do not extend him.

I proposed a trade sending Al Harrington (who Donnie Walsh loves) to New York for Malik Rose and David Lee. Lee would give us the rebounder we need, and the salary dump of Malik Rose allows us to stay under the luxury tax after next season as well and still give Baron and Jack extensions, after giving extensions to Monta and Andris and signing Buke to the mid-level.

twissst89
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Would you take Udonis Haslem for Biedrins? Seems like a good fit.

garlicboy
05-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Would you take Udonis Haslem for Biedrins? Seems like a good fit.

Would not do Haslem for Biedrins. Biedrins is our only Center and is good for 10/10 and 1.5 blocks.

The only reason why I'd trade Harrington for Haslem is because we have a ton of SF's, although I think we would miss Al's versatility, he doesn't give us enough rebounding and interior defense and toughness. He's a solid player.

I think Jackson maybe expendable as well as I beleive he had a career year much like Matt Barnes did last year.

Last year no one would have traded Matt Barnes last year after the year he had. Same could be said for Al Harrington who was a stud his first half year with the Dubs.

garlicboy
05-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I proposed a trade sending Al Harrington (who Donnie Walsh loves) to New York for Malik Rose and David Lee. Lee would give us the rebounder we need, and the salary dump of Malik Rose allows us to stay under the luxury tax after next season as well and still give Baron and Jack extensions, after giving extensions to Monta and Andris and signing Buke to the mid-level.

The Knicks would not do this trade. Would you let your most promising young player go for a an average player who will take you no where? Also giving up an expiring contract in Malik Rose. Isiah may have done this but surely not Walsh.

It's a moot point, did you trade check this? Off the top of my head, I know Al makes close to $10 and Malik around $6-7 and $Lee 1-2 million. This trade wouldn't even work, they'd have to throw in some cheap salaries which belong to young players that they are not about to give up.

oracle650
05-06-2008, 11:16 PM
I think I said this but what do you guys think about Eddie House as a back up pg he gots a good shot I think he'd fit in well. Plus he went to Hayward High so he'd be rite at home.

ejdacanay
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
i would try to trade Baron.

oracle650
05-07-2008, 03:26 PM
if we trade baron u minus well trade everyone else and come clean this offense was tailormade for bd I guarantee if we had made the play offs no one would be saying that. bottom line is those guys need to be playing a bit less.

montamvp09
05-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Last year, even though this team made the playoffs and had an amazing upset over the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks, they were a borderline playoff team. They got lucky and their playoff hope was a Christmas gift that was the worst team in the league with the Blazers. If they have played anyone else, they may not have made it at all. Mullin pretty much stood pat in the Summer and they started the 07-08 season with the exact same roster with 2 added draft pick and once again, they were a borderline playoff team. Unfortunately for them, this season's hopes were through the Phoenix Suns. This team needs to make changes in order for them to keep moving forward because in reality, they're only marginal better than last season and have only won 5 more games. Free Agents:

Baron Davis (unrestricted ETO) - He'll more than likely pick up his option worth $17,000,000 and will look for an extension which I believe he deserves. Everyone knows that he's this team's best player and leader. His extension will be a pay cut but if its long term, BD will be fine with that. I'd offer him a 5 year deal worth about $70,000,000 which is starting salary of $12,000,000 in 2009. He's still only 29 years old and will be 34 when his contract expires which works out perfectly. I truly believe that these are his prime years of his career where the game will start to slow down for him. His physical abilities will diminish a tad and he'll be forced to be a more cerebal point guard.

Matt Barnes (unrestricted) - This season, he has shown why he's been a journeyman in the league for so many years. His energy is infectious but thats about all he brings. He's a terrible 3 point shooter (29%) that loves to shoot 3s. His defense has been erratic at best and he just couldn't get it together. Barnes shouldn't be re-signed this season, especially if he's looking for something long term. His value was up last Summer but has taken a dramatic drop after this season. I wouldn't want to see him in a W' s uniform next season.

Monta Ellis - (restricted) - Ellis is a guy I'm absolutely torn about when it comes to re-signing. No questions, Ellis is a scoring talent but in the end, he's still a 6'3 shooting guard. He's the main reason why Baron guards much bigger players while he's trying to stay in front of point guards. You combine the minutes that Davis gets along with the extra physicality, and you have the reason why he was so worn down towards the end of the season. He's shown improvement, but how many 6'3 shooting guards have become stars in the league? Gilbert Arenas has much more point guard skills, is a better defender, and better shooter than Ellis. Other combo guards: Luther Head, Quincy Douby, Leandhro Barbosa, AJ Guyton, DJ Strawberry, Dejuan Wagner, Jason Terry, Eddie House, Juan Dixon, Salim Stoudemire, Jeff McGinnis, Ben Gordon, Daniel Gibson, Damon Jones, Fred Jones, and Cuttino Mobley. I can keep going, but you get the point right? For every Arenas, there's the list above. So what is Ellis' potential? You play the percentages and with his value, they can get a nice player if they were to sign-a-trade him. The Warriors have too many guys that can play the 2 to give Monta a max contract and there are much cheaper options.

Andris Biedrins (restricted) - I haven't been a huge fan of Biedrins, but I'm slowly warming up to him. He's still a guy that needs to learn how to play defense but his rebounding in the second half of the season has been outstanding. 7 footers with his mobility and hands are extremely rare. He could actually play the power forward spot which we saw some of when he was playing alongside Perovic, For the Warriors, he's a must sign and will probably get about a contract that starts $7M. Whats key is that the Warriors have to give him an offer sheet right when the season ends so they have the right to match any offers and to retain his rights.

Kelenna Azubuike (unrestricted) - When I talk about a cheaper option for Monta, I'm talking about Kelenna. He's shown that he can play in this league and has the potential to be a great defender. He did a great job on Kobe Byrant a few weeks ago. He's a great rebounder from the shooting guard spot and a solid 3 point shooter. He's Jason Richardson with better handles and defense. Will be relatively cheap to re-sign so its a near no-brainer for the Warriors.

Mikael Pietrus (unrestricted) - Even with his outstanding play in the second half of the season, I'm still not a big fan of Pietrus. He's foul prone and offensively, one dimensional. What really fustrates me about that is he's a better player than someone who just camps outside the 3 point line waiting to shoot. MP's issues isn't physical as he has the abilities in the world. His problem is his mentality. A change of scenary maybe the best bet for Pietrus and I don't see him as a Warriors next season.

Others to not be re-signed: Austin Croshere, Patrick O'Bryant, and CJ Watson

THE PLAN AND TRADE IDEAS

There are a bunch of teams that will be hot for Monta Ellis with Memphis and Miami being the front runners. They'll more than likely put offer sheets down for the Warriors to match which gives the Dubbz plenty of options. He's not going to get less than what Gilbert Arenas got offered so Ellis getting somewhere from $8-10 million wouldn't be impossible. A max contract for a player of his experience is 25% of the cap which could be about $13,000,000 and I doubt he'd get that.

The best scenario would be to sign and trade Ellis and send him along with future 1st rounder and Al Harrington ($9,200,000) to Memphis for Mike Miller ($9,000,000), Kyle Lowry ($1,160,000) , Darko Milicic ($7,000,000) and Hakim Warrick ($2,100,000).

This gives the Warriors a solid back up in Lowry who can bring Baron down to the 30-35 minutes a game that the Warriors want him to play. Miller is a guy that would absolutely flourish in this style of play since he can handle, pass, and shoot the ball. Monta would love to play in Memphis which is close to his hometown of Jackson, Mississippi. The Grizz get the player they want in Ellis and if they can draft a guy like Brook Lopez, they could be in business. A line up of Conley, Ellis, Gay, Harrington, and Lopez could be a nice building block for them.

2008 Draft Pick (14th Pick) - Earl Clark - 6'8 SF from Louisville . Been compared to Danny Granger
Second Round Pick ( 44th pick) Joey Dorsey - 6'9 PF from Memphis or Trent Plaisted - 6'10 PF BYU

Arthur is projected a late lottery or mid first round pick. He'd add some depth to this front court and could be a nice player to have off the bench.

2008-09 Line up:

PG Baron Davis - Kyle Lowry
SG Stephen Jackson - Marco Belinelli - Kelenna Azubuike
SF Mike Miller - HakkimWarrick - Earl Clark
PF Brandan Wright - Joey Dorsey
C Andris Biedrins - Kosta Perovic

Why would anyone say trade ellis.. .. over an only getting older
and often injured (in the past) but still one healthy year means
nothing... DAVIS?? The warriors are trying to re-build with young,
trading Ellis would put them back into the dumps of the league,
there is no chance they would even compete in the West without
Ellis, they wouldn't have this year and wouldn't have made the
playoffs the year before.. Ellis is our #1 player hands down.

Mile High Champ
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
A question for the board of G-State Fans. Over at the raptor board we have talked about our interest in Biedrins. He would really fit into the raptors international flavour they have going on and would give the raps a big who could play with bosh to help with the boards and be a good defensive presence. My question is with Nelson and Baron Davis not on the best of terms. If Baron jumps ship, G-State will need a pg. Monta Ellis is awesome but not a pg. What about a deal where the raps trade ford for biedrins. Gives golden state a replacement starting pg who runs the floor and plays the warriors style of ball. Plus golden state loves to go small and it showed with Biedrins not getting a lot of minutes. What do you guys think?

garlicboy
05-10-2008, 03:02 AM
A question for the board of G-State Fans. Over at the raptor board we have talked about our interest in Biedrins. He would really fit into the raptors international flavour they have going on and would give the raps a big who could play with bosh to help with the boards and be a good defensive presence. My question is with Nelson and Baron Davis not on the best of terms. If Baron jumps ship, G-State will need a pg. Monta Ellis is awesome but not a pg. What about a deal where the raps trade ford for biedrins. Gives golden state a replacement starting pg who runs the floor and plays the warriors style of ball. Plus golden state loves to go small and it showed with Biedrins not getting a lot of minutes. What do you guys think?

I like it when fans from other team forums come and put in their viewpoints and 2 cents.

However, Biedrins is going nowhere unless we get a big in return or in the draft, and pickins in the draft are all project types. You also realize, that Biedrins is our ONLY center besides Perovic next year. Ford is an injury prone PG whose stock has been damaged with the reoccurrenc of his back problems due to the infamous "Horford Hack." Thanks but no thanks.

Besides, Baron jumping ship is a big if. His stock took a hit after he got drunk the night before the biggest game of the season.

Mile High Champ
05-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Ok just wanted to get the opinion of warriors fans. I hope my team can at least give a call to Mullin and ask about Biedrins beause he would look great in toronto.

oracle650
05-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Ok just wanted to get the opinion of warriors fans. I hope my team can at least give a call to Mullin and ask about Biedrins beause he would look great in toronto.

Anyone would look good over there.

bayareafan650
05-13-2008, 09:43 PM
oracle, where in the 650 do you live?

oracle650
05-14-2008, 12:19 AM
oracle, where in the 650 do you live?

EPA u a raider too???? we live in 9er country but I never could run with them or the midgets I mean giants. Oracle and the colisuem is where I dwell.

cali72888
05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
how about picking up josh childress for our pf position

Conor
05-15-2008, 09:54 PM
He's an RFA so we might have to overpay to pry him from the Hawks, and I can't see him holding his own at PF, even in Nellieball. Too skinny, but I'm definitely a fan of his, since he's a local Stanford boy.

Tmac416
05-15-2008, 10:56 PM
are you kididng me? josh childress is not a PF in anyones system. hes not even a 3 in some

oracle650
05-16-2008, 12:32 AM
what do you guys think about jj whatver his name is??? from orlando the suppossed new jerry west that went to duke a few years back. you think he'd fit?

CityKid415
05-16-2008, 11:16 AM
what do you guys think about jj whatver his name is??? from orlando the suppossed new jerry west that went to duke a few years back. you think he'd fit?

oh you mean J. J. Redick? I don't think thiswill work. I mean he is a great shooter, but can be a liability on defense. And do we need another shooting guard? And does he have much athleticism? iono. He's gets almost no playing time in Orlando

oracle650
05-16-2008, 04:33 PM
oh you mean J. J. Redick? I don't think thiswill work. I mean he is a great shooter, but can be a liability on defense. And do we need another shooting guard? And does he have much athleticism? iono. He's gets almost no playing time in Orlando

thats what I was thinking no d. has to be a reason why van gundy hates him.

bmac650
05-17-2008, 01:56 PM
we got a couple people reppin the 650 i c :)

oracle650
05-17-2008, 02:20 PM
the heart of the bay rite on to my 650 heads and all the dubs fans mane

bayareafan650
05-19-2008, 01:30 AM
we got a couple people reppin the 650 i c :)

yeeee

Conor
05-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Let's get this back on topic guys.

oracle650
05-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I got the feeling either something great is going to happen this off season or terrible. I hope great. But no one blows it like the dubs. We don't need to change too much. I think not making the po's was a blessing in disguise. if we make the rite moves.

Tmac416
05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
haha i have a feeling were going to make a some kind of good move but defintlly not a terrible one

oracle650
05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
what you guys think about r. lopez??? I got some ideas how it could work out.

garlicboy
05-19-2008, 05:58 PM
He's okay. I don't think he'd take us much further than we already are. He's not good enough to take at 14 and will most likely be gone by 44 (that is of course if we don't improve our draft position).

Darrell Arthur could be there at 14, but now we have 2 project 4's. We should get rid of the lesser of the two, between him and Brandan. I'm still hoping for a top 3 pick and can get Beasley, Rose or the 3rd pick with which we can try and trade for Beasley(which can only happen if Minnesota get's the No 1 overall or Beasley falls to 2 to Minnesota).

oracle650
05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
get Beasley, Rose or the 3rd pick with which we can try and trade for Beasley(which can only happen if Minnesota get's the No 1 overall or Beasley falls to 2 to Minnesota).

I been thinking bout Rose or Beasley too. I just don't wanna get excited too soon.:D

garlicboy
05-20-2008, 02:20 AM
I thought with our trade exception, that we could see some action going down, but with us tip-toeing the cap, I don't see us using our TE to get a big name player. Also, there are no big name players available that fit our system.

I really would like to see us pick up another 2nd rounder, Courtney Lee, Dorsey or Robin Lopez could drop to the 2nd round.

oracle650
05-21-2008, 03:34 AM
[QUOTE=oracle650;5227773]no one blows it like the dubs.

no 14??? gotta be some good in this. I just keep thinking about carol for robert parrish and giving our #1 the year mchale was in the draft. celtics came up off us.:mad:

CityKid415
05-25-2008, 02:22 AM
I do agree with most of the people here on psd that Al Harrington is the most likely to be traded this offseason, as he will be playing out the last year of his contract and could be very useful to most teams. But if he is traded, i think it will have an impact on the warriors offense. yea i know he wasn't very consistent, but when he plays 4/5 he spaces out the defense b/c they have to respect his 3 point range. This makes the opposing 4/5 defend the perimeter which clears the lane for bdiddy and monta.

garlicboy
05-26-2008, 03:55 AM
I do agree with most of the people here on psd that Al Harrington is the most likely to be traded this offseason, as he will be playing out the last year of his contract and could be very useful to most teams. But if he is traded, i think it will have an impact on the warriors offense. yea i know he wasn't very consistent, but when he plays 4/5 he spaces out the defense b/c they have to respect his 3 point range. This makes the opposing 4/5 defend the perimeter which clears the lane for bdiddy and monta.

I believe Al actually has 2 more years left on his contract.

But your exactly right, people don't realize how much Al impacts the offense.
1.) he clears up the lane for BAron, Monta, Jackson and others' to drive.
2.) He draws out the opposing 4/5 decreasing their effectiveness as defensive rebounders
3.) he's our best 3 pt shooter.

Nellie has always liked and played a four who can shoot. Examples: Al, Dirk, Tom Tolbert. He also played with Tom Heinsohn, a shooting 4.

Tmac416
05-26-2008, 03:19 PM
He can play like that but most of the time he doesnt. He is best served coming off the bench and being the 6th man. He doesnt do things needed by a starting power forward in the west. He impacts the offense but it can easily be made up. If he was streaching the defense so much and causing defenders not to get to balls then we would be in the playoffs. His minutes were alkways all over the place becuase for the most part, if his shot was off then he wasnt doing anything. I think he is a great asset to have but he is replaceable.

garlicboy
05-26-2008, 11:42 PM
True,
Al is not suited to start and log major starter minutes, but I think he does have a place on our team.

His trade value would be much higher next year when he's an expiring contract, who can also knock down three's, can play multiple positions and has quite a bit of playoff experience. He'd be perfect trade bait for a team trying to make a run during the playoffs and need a versatile big man like Al without any long term commitments.

Tmac416
05-27-2008, 03:22 AM
True,
Al is not suited to start and log major starter minutes, but I think he does have a place on our team.

His trade value would be much higher next year when he's an expiring contract, who can also knock down three's, can play multiple positions and has quite a bit of playoff experience. He'd be perfect trade bait for a team trying to make a run during the playoffs and need a versatile big man like Al without any long term commitments.

sums it up.100 % agreed

06-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Warriors: Damon Jones, Delonte West
Cavaliers: Mickael Pietrus, 14th pick

???????

Tmac416
06-01-2008, 02:56 AM
haha why would we want that. why would the cavs want to do that trade. really great name.and really great idea

Smizzle
06-05-2008, 04:14 PM
I happen to think that we need to be cautious with the money we spend on resigning ellis and biedrins. Biedrins especially! Not to say that these players are overrated, or that they could end up as Adonel Foyle did. But, let's be honest, Biedrins will never be the post up threat that the dubs need if they are to get into the league's elite teams. EB, JO, or all the better Rasheed Wallace would all be great fits for the warriors. In fact, the warriors need a player of the Rasheed mold (not that he is easy to reproduce). Great post up game, three point threat, and a way better than average defensive player. But, imagine the lineup.

1. Baron
2. Monta
3. Jack
4. Rasheed
5. Biedrins

That is a deep playoff team if I've ever seen one!

Lincoln Logs
06-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I happen to think that we need to be cautious with the money we spend on resigning ellis and biedrins. Biedrins especially! Not to say that these players are overrated, or that they could end up as Adonel Foyle did. But, let's be honest, Biedrins will never be the post up threat that the dubs need if they are to get into the league's elite teams. EB, JO, or all the better Rasheed Wallace would all be great fits for the warriors. In fact, the warriors need a player of the Rasheed mold (not that he is easy to reproduce). Great post up game, three point threat, and a way better than average defensive player. But, imagine the lineup.

1. Baron
2. Monta
3. Jack
4. Rasheed
5. Biedrins

That is a deep playoff team if I've ever seen one!

I would have liked to have Rasheed... 6 years ago. Now, he's too old, and his, lets say dynamic personality, would deffinatly clash with Baron and Jack. He's the type of player who can bring a team up, or make them crash down, and is deffinatly not a long term fix for the warriors, and is probably not good enough to make the warriors a championship team this year. his style of play doesn't fit this warriors team style of play. Plus, I dont even want to think about how much we would probably have to give up for rasheed. id bet detroit would want the 14, harrington, and wright, too high a price for such a risky player. True he has a good game, but at his age(34), and attitude, he's simply not a good fit for the warriors.

griffen610
06-06-2008, 02:53 AM
wut about Harrington the #14th pick trade exception for Chris Wilcox(Big Athletic Foreward 13.4 ppg 7 rpg) and Earl Watson(Solid back up PG 10.7 ppg 6.8rpg)?

Tmac416
06-06-2008, 05:46 PM
i would defintly do that trade. is wilcox supposed to get any better thoug?

jgonboricua
06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
maybe a package of Brendan Wright, pietris, bellineli and #14 pick for Ginobili and oberto?

you could then maybe move mota down to the point and see wat value you could get for baron...maybe baron to new york for the #6 david lee and malik rose?

griffen610
06-09-2008, 06:26 PM
No way why would you give up two promising young players and a value draft pick for ginobili and oberto. one Oberto brings nuthing to this team he plays slow would never keep up and two that is way to much then to give up for a second rate star like ginobili.

TrueFan420
06-11-2008, 01:54 AM
dont forget that ginobili is also like 30 31 and is always hurt that would just be stupid on our part.

Tmac416
06-11-2008, 04:33 PM
maybe a package of Brendan Wright, pietris, bellineli and #14 pick for Ginobili and oberto?

you could then maybe move mota down to the point and see wat value you could get for baron...maybe baron to new york for the #6 david lee and malik rose?

omg haha i want to save this. that is liek the worst, unrealistic ideas i have read on here in quite sometime. haha wow

Smizzle
06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
The Warriors should try to make a deal with the Heat for the #2 pick. The Heat want to win now so that D-Wade will stick with them, plus that will give Pat Riley a reason to stay on the bench. Plus there have been rumors that they want to trade that pick away. Obviously we would have to give away Baron, but that's a good price to pay for a great young player like Beasley(assuming Bulls take Rose, which is the common assumption). In order for the Warriors to get to the pinnacle of this league, they need to have a team that is balanced. We need rebounders, and Beasley led college basketball in that category. This would make us a team with a young core of promising players, with Monta Ellis(22), Andres Biedrins(22), and Michael Beasley(19), plus Kelenna Azubuike(24) who had an exceptional year last year. We would have an extremely versatile line up, that is bigger, and plays better defense. Beasley would also give us a better low post threat than Baron, who was the Warriors defacto post man. The sports industry is one in which you need to stay ahead of the curve, releasing players before they decline. The 49ers were known for that approach during their glory days. Are the W's planning on being able to resign him to a long term deal, do they even want to? Baron is not old, but the Warriors need to be smart about the way they treat the Baron Davis matter. This is the first season in seven that Baron has played a full 82 game season, in that span he averaged 36 games per year. Is Baron going to try to stay a Warrior, or try to get paid? He has stated that he wants a long term deal, and there are teams that want/need a great point guard. They will be willing to pay more than his worth, long term, in my opinion. The Heat, Cavs, Nuggets all need a PG. There is a question of how these teams will finance them, but the Heat seem to be ripe for a deal right now, so they can entice D-Wade into staying there.

cali72888
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
would you guys be open to trading for t-mac?
we could trade baron straight up for him, then we would move ellis to pg and put the lineup of
pg-ellis
sg-t-mac
sf-jackson
pf-harrington
c-biedris
if we could dump harrington in the azabuke, harrington for watson, wilcox and second rounder we could then put out the lineup of...
pg-ellis, belinelli, watson
sg-t-mac, cj watson
sf-jackson, #14 pick
pf-wilcox, Anderson(second round pick from cal)
c-biedris, wright

mihirdesu
06-18-2008, 03:55 PM
How about trading Baron Davis, Al Harrington, #14 to Chicago for the #1 pick (Rose), Kirk Hinrich, and Larry Hughes.

Why we should do it?
Baron Davis is getting old and wants a huge extension. With this trade we get a younger point guard who basically does what Baron does. He can defend 2s, strong enough to post up, quick enough to get to the basket, creates shots for others on the team, the only negative is he can't shoot as well as Baron but his shot will develop with time.
We can stay competitive and build for the future. You can't deny that the Lakers and Portland are going to be the class of the West for the next 4-5 years. In order to actually compete with them and win a championship we need to get younger better players. With the lineup we currently have, even if we get a big man like O'Neal, we would only be able to get to the Western Conference Finals, IMO. So with this trade we can play at the same competitive level as without it but have a more promising future.
In order to win a championship in this day and age, we need three all-stars, a solid point guard, a solid scoring big man, rebounding and great defense. We have three stars, but we lack a solid scoring big man (Wright will get there but he's too young to be called that now), rebounding, and great defense. If we do this trade, we will still lack rebounding and post defense (Biedris isn't strong enough yet) but we're in better position for the future without sacrificing anything now.
You might be thinking we took on two huge contracts. That's true but Hughes' contract expires in 2 years and till then he can be a solid defender and veteran leader that we will lose with Davis to keep Jax from going crazy. Second, Hinrich would be an extremely good back up PG to help Rose learn the ropes. Also he will ensure solid PG play for the upcoming year to compete in the west. For those of you that think Hinrich is garbage look at his stats from 06-07 season and before. This past season was a fluke for him and the bulls. Also we can trade Hinrich. His contract may seem large but it was designed so that it gets smaller each year till it expires and he is a good defender (can guard 2s as well as 1s), a solid shooter, and a solid distributer.
With this trade we have building blocks of Rose (19), Ellis (22), Azibukie (24), Wright (20), and Biedris(22). We still need a strong low post defender but I think if AB gains weight he'll fit the role and we can also trade for for a big man using (Hinrich, Belinelli). We also need some big man depth but we can get that by signing someone else instead of Barnes of Pietrus.
So our lineup would be:
PG Rose, Hinrich, Watson
SG Ellis, Hughes, Azibukie, Belinelli
SF Jackson, Pietrus, Barnes
PF Wright, Croshure
C Biedris, Peckovic

Why Chicago would do it?
Chicago has enough young talent and they don't need to add more. They came of a 50 win season only to tank this past season, so they should be in more of a win now mode than build for the future mode. With this trade they get their point guard and vetran leadership in Davis, another lottery pick, an expiring contract in Harrington, and they also get rid of two bad contracts in Hinrich and Hughes.
This trade will also set them up to trade for a quality big man such as Brand or O'Neal by using Harrington's expiring deal, Gooden's expiring deal, and the #14 pick.

What do you all think?

twissst89
06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
The Warriors should try to make a deal with the Heat for the #2 pick. The Heat want to win now so that D-Wade will stick with them, plus that will give Pat Riley a reason to stay on the bench. Plus there have been rumors that they want to trade that pick away. Obviously we would have to give away Baron, but that's a good price to pay for a great young player like Beasley(assuming Bulls take Rose, which is the common assumption). In order for the Warriors to get to the pinnacle of this league, they need to have a team that is balanced. We need rebounders, and Beasley led college basketball in that category. This would make us a team with a young core of promising players, with Monta Ellis(22), Andres Biedrins(22), and Michael Beasley(19), plus Kelenna Azubuike(24) who had an exceptional year last year. We would have an extremely versatile line up, that is bigger, and plays better defense. Beasley would also give us a better low post threat than Baron, who was the Warriors defacto post man. The sports industry is one in which you need to stay ahead of the curve, releasing players before they decline. The 49ers were known for that approach during their glory days. Are the W's planning on being able to resign him to a long term deal, do they even want to? Baron is not old, but the Warriors need to be smart about the way they treat the Baron Davis matter. This is the first season in seven that Baron has played a full 82 game season, in that span he averaged 36 games per year. Is Baron going to try to stay a Warrior, or try to get paid? He has stated that he wants a long term deal, and there are teams that want/need a great point guard. They will be willing to pay more than his worth, long term, in my opinion. The Heat, Cavs, Nuggets all need a PG. There is a question of how these teams will finance them, but the Heat seem to be ripe for a deal right now, so they can entice D-Wade into staying there.

4get about it. The only way the heat wuud be intersted is if Ellis was involved. Were not going to trade a 19 year old future all star for a 29 year old one. We wnat to keep Wade around and a 21 year old Beasley will look better then a 31 year old Davis in 2010.(Wen he cud opt out.)

Tmac416
06-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Doesnt sound like Wright will be moving anytime soon.
• A Warriors representative shot down an assertion made in a couple of my columns that the team was looking to move Brandan Wright. He especially took umbrage at the report that the team coveted Milwaukee's Yi Jianlian. I've been assured that Warriors GM Chris Mullin, who makes the final decisions at Golden State, isn't trading Wright for Yi.

Saltinuts40
06-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Sources say the Cavs have been active in trade talks in days leading up to the draft.

If the Warriors made forward/center Al Harrington available, the Cavs might have an interest

Maybe for Drew Gooden? Maybe for Varajeo? Curious if we are interested in their players.

Saltinuts40
06-21-2008, 03:29 AM
Chris Mullin promised again that Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis won't get away during their restricted free agency, even if they get maximum offers.

"They will be matched," Mullin said.

You guys can forget about proposing sign and trades involving our two studs. Biedrins and Ellis are staying put. Thank you Chris Mullin. You are a Hall of Famer in my book.

Saltinuts40
06-21-2008, 03:30 AM
I hope we re-sign him, even if it takes the entire exemption to do it. I don't know if he will be offered big bucks from someone like Brian Cardinal or Earl Boykins were in past years.

We need Buke, especially if Davis doesn't sign an extension.

Here's hoping that instead of trying to grab someone else's free agent, we bring back our own and re-sign Buke.

Tmac416
06-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Sources say the Cavs have been active in trade talks in days leading up to the draft.

If the Warriors made forward/center Al Harrington available, the Cavs might have an interest

Maybe for Drew Gooden? Maybe for Varajeo? Curious if we are interested in their players.

drew gooden is not on their team

OaklandsFinest
06-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Theres really no one on the Cavs I would want for Harrington. There would have to be a 3 way deal somewhere to get the Warriors, somebody, anybody of remote skill level.

TrueFan420
06-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I would rather have Varajeo than Al. He is everything the team is lacking and would play well with the team we have

tadmanny
06-21-2008, 07:08 PM
The warriors wont do **** this offseason other than resign ellis and biedrins. They wont make any trades or give baron an extension...Ive gotten used to it by now. Im not getting caught up in the rumors cause they never happen. Well have the same team as last year with less depth. Im hoping for something to happen but inside i know its extremely doubtful.

Tmac416
06-22-2008, 12:24 AM
The warriors wont do **** this offseason other than resign ellis and biedrins. They wont make any trades or give baron an extension...Ive gotten used to it by now. Im not getting caught up in the rumors cause they never happen. Well have the same team as last year with less depth. Im hoping for something to happen but inside i know its extremely doubtful.
wow you will be very wrong

Conor
06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree with tadmanny......the only possible trade I see is Harrington to a team with cap space for a pick or something along those lines. The Warriors aren't really in a position to make moves right now, they will be next offseason, but this offseason all they can really focus on is retaining their young core. Any blockbuster moves could severely hurt their chances of doing so.

Tmac416
06-22-2008, 07:53 PM
thats funyn ebcuase most scouts and gm;s out there feel the warrios could be one of the most active teams escpially with there roster of talented yougn guys and vetrans. Even MUllin siad that this is the bigest offseason hes been aprt of that he he thinks they have to change up some pieces to be able to compete witht eh top. i sawear some of you dont ever read anything about thw warriors and what they are saying and what they actually plan to do

tadmanny
06-23-2008, 02:10 AM
tmac...tmac....u make it seem like i dont know what im talking about with the warriors and giants....i think ur the one thats confused. Conor and i have been fans forever and know how mullin thinks and what to expect. We dont get caught up in every rumor out there because they say stuff like that every year and it NEVER happens. What happened at the trade deadline when we were in rumors about acquiring mike miller and getting rid of barnes and other players.....NOTHING!!!!....EXactly. All i'm saying is dont get ur hopes up cause u WILL be disappointed and let down when nothing happens. I said sabean is a piece of **** in the giants thread cause he is and im saying mullin isnt an active gm. I agree with conor in the sense that moving al is a deal that could possibly happen, however, other than that it will just be signing biedrins and ellis. mark my words, i will be right.

Tmac416
06-23-2008, 02:29 AM
wow i had no idea since connor agreed with you that you were suddenly the greratest fan of all time? my fan hood, has over 20 plus year not to mention my family grew up in petaluma and the bay area as long is doing just fine. I have seen and heard everything in that time just as you claim to have said. When ST Jean was running the show thee was **** being talked the dubs, nothign anyehere. half these peple now dont even know how bad it was under him or that no matter how far we may have come today, Choan is still one of the worst owners in sports. What happend last draft, we wernt suposed to doing anything and what happend... SOMETHING! 4 months before that, we did the 8 player deal that is the competive, excting team that plays now. doesnt seem like he is sitin with his thumb up his ***. We have more young piceies, free agents, and more options to make moves than we have in a long time. There is more chatter, little reports here and there about the warriors and what they are doing in quite a while. When mullin does his first interview and stresses changes need to be made and that this offseason the bigest one he has been aprt of i take that into consideration as well. It basically took three moves just to get baron here. Me thinking you will be wrong about not making any moves does not make you a better fan or "true" fan.

4ever_warriors
06-25-2008, 01:13 AM
the best thing the warriors can do is 1) have baron opt out 2) trade al harrington + 1st round draft pick to move up (hopefully get kevin love)

by releasing baron you have the option to either sign him in free agency again (highly unlikely...offers will be close to max) or (more realistic) you can be in the shopping for a big time free agent who may ask for around 12 million this year.

this gives the warriors 6 million extra which they can use to resign their free agents like kelenna or barnes or pietrus. i think both pietrus and azubike would be really great pieces in another playoff run.

darren082376
06-25-2008, 11:40 AM
What do you think of a Monta Ellis and the 14th pick for the 2nd pick and draft beasley?

lincecum=future
06-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Were not going to trade Monta so it doesn't matter. It looks likely we will trade Baron Davis and Harington to the Pistons for Sheed and Billups

4ever_warriors
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
thats a horrible deal. sheed told stephen a. smith that he's retiring after this upcoming season.

and billups is 32!

4ever_warriors
06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
and darren...mullin said he's not movin monta plus monta is the future scorer of the team.

Tmac416
06-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Were not going to trade Monta so it doesn't matter. It looks likely we will trade Baron Davis and Harington to the Pistons for Sheed and Billups

Its just a rumor man. not that likely at all

Tmac416
06-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Trade Rumor iS ofcially dead. Its not hapening accroding to dumars"no way in hell that type of thing is going down"

lincecum=future
06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
oh well.

4ever_warriors
06-26-2008, 12:35 AM
thank god its not goin down...what we could do though is trade baron and our 14th to the knicks for their 6th and throw in 2 future 1st round picks...

mike d'antoni likes baron and we would be able to draft either a russel westbrook/kevin love/or jerryd bayless

then we could trade al harrington to maybe get another pick late in the 1st or early in the 2nd...perhaps to san antonio or dallas.

then we would have enormous cap space ( frees up around 25 million ) we can use that this year with a big time free agent or we can use it in the upcoming years like....2010 when LeBron is out there

gouldjg
06-26-2008, 01:47 PM
We nEED RashEED! Trade harrington and the Trade exception for rasheed

once we have Wallace, we should then go after artest. artest would be a perfect fit in our system.

Then swap monta for stephon marbury and eddie currie. we ge a scoring point guard and a big who can rebound and bang. monta will cost too much

in that case we'd probably need another scorer in the backcourt cause baron is going to opt out. we could package azuibuke and a pick for ricky davis, who can be a great scorer.

This brings the big shakeup of our roster that we need to compete.

pg - stephon marbury
sg - ricky davis
sf - stephen jackson
pf - ron artest
c/pf - rasheed wallace

bench -
curry
barnes
biedrins
watson

that's a tough lineup to beat

Smizzle
06-26-2008, 03:13 PM

once we have Wallace, we should then go after artest. artest would be a perfect fit in our system.

Then swap monta for stephon marbury and eddie currie. we ge a scoring point guard and a big who can rebound and bang. monta will cost too much

in that case we'd probably need another scorer in the backcourt cause baron is going to opt out. we could package azuibuke and a pick for ricky davis, who can be a great scorer.

pg - stephon marbury
sg - ricky davis
sf - stephen jackson
pf - ron artest
c/pf - rasheed wallace

bench -
curry
barnes
biedrins
watson

Why would you want the five most T'd up players in the league on the same team. Stephon Marbury is DONE!! Ricky Davis is a ball hog!! Ron Artest wants to be a rapper!! And, Rasheed is retiring after this year (allegedly)!! That is the most absurd trade I have heard of so far

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 03:25 PM

pg - stephon marbury
sg - ricky davis
sf - stephen jackson
pf - ron artest
c/pf - rasheed wallace

bench -
curry
barnes
biedrins
watson

quit posting the exact same thing in both threads. its terrible idea, maybe the worst ides i have ever read on here

lincecum=future
06-26-2008, 03:31 PM

pg - stephon marbury
sg - ricky davis
sf - stephen jackson
pf - ron artest
c/pf - rasheed wallace

bench -
curry
barnes
biedrins
watson

:laugh: The only trade idea that I like is the Sheed for Harrington but that is unlikely.

GLobo
06-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Baron Davis, Al Harrington, the #14 pick and our trade exception for the #2 and Marion...we pick Beasley and have Monte, Beasley, Marion, Wright, Biedrens....I'd say we are title contenders in 3 years

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Baron Davis, Al Harrington, the #14 pick and our trade exception for the #2 and Marion...we pick Beasley and have Monte, Beasley, Marion, Wright, Biedrens....I'd say we are title contenders in 3 years

are you serious? you think beasily is a two? wow

Lincoln Logs
06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
thank god its not goin down...what we could do though is trade baron and our 14th to the knicks for their 6th and throw in 2 future 1st round picks...

mike d'antoni likes baron and we would be able to draft either a russel westbrook/kevin love/or jerryd bayless

then we could trade al harrington to maybe get another pick late in the 1st or early in the 2nd...perhaps to san antonio or dallas.

then we would have enormous cap space ( frees up around 25 million ) we can use that this year with a big time free agent or we can use it in the upcoming years like....2010 when LeBron is out there

As much as I would hate to see Baron go, and I usually argue that the warriors don't need a huge shakeup to be contenders, this is one of the best ideas I've heard on here. The knicks will need alot of picks to rebuild, and 3 is better than one, so it makes sense for them, and they get a pg to run d'antonis system. With the 6th pick, we could choose Westbrook, Augustine, or bayless(I prefer 1st two) to groom as our pg of the future. With a late 1st round pick we could draft a project bigman like ajinca, jordan, or Thompson could even be available here in the mid 20s. And then, with all that cap space, we could be in the running for wade, lebron, or bosh next year. Sure we wouldn't be that great this year, but still with enough quality players to have a 50/50 chance to make the playoffs, but in 2-3 years, especially if our pg draft pick pans out.... oh baby... 2010...

Westbrook/Augustine/Bayless
Ellis
Wright
Biedrins
Insert All-Pro FA here/ Jackson

Of course it's just wishful thinking, and we still need a bench(hopefully helped by Bellinelli and the mid 20s pick this year), and you have no guarentee that your 6th pick will work out, but that team would be scary... very scary. We keep our young core(Wright, Biedrins, Ellis, Bellinelli) who will continue to get better, and add a great player and hopefully a pg that would be more than decent. It's alot of hopefullys, but that team would be insane.

Oh and that Rasheed/Marbury/Artest man is an idiot. Imagine those three with Nellie!
:laugh:

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 06:32 PM
^ he said in the other thread he was joking and bored at work lol. i dont think anyone is that crazy

Lincoln Logs
06-26-2008, 07:08 PM
^you mean the rasheed one right?

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
hhaha yea the one that would ahve basicall switch team with the knicks and get rick davis lol

GLobo
06-26-2008, 07:51 PM
are you serious? you think beasily is a two? wow

Beasely is only 6'7 and in Nellie's system there is no true postion just a bunch of athletic ballers

Tmac416
06-26-2008, 08:02 PM
your an idiot. he isnt k'7, and in nellies system you dont take potential PF and put him at the two. Other poeple have told you have bad indea it is. beasily is not a two. You the heat are gonna put wade at the point and beasly at the two? If you dont beleiev me then post a poll asking who thinks beasly is a shooting gaurd. you will find out how wrong you are. i thougth it was just a dunb idea but now i see you have zero basketball IQ escpially after trying to defend it by just continuing to say he is 6'7. please

caseyv415
07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Warriors have reached agreements with Biedrins and Ellis. Warriors have only spent 30 Mil. which leaves them 38 Mil. to spend before they hit Luxury tax. In other words the sky is the limit, they can sign anyone who wants to come to Oakland (or back to Oakland) AGENT 0??

caseyv415
07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
And Who Would Want Starbury.. Boo On That

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Warriors have reached agreements with Biedrins and Ellis. Warriors have only spent 30 Mil. which leaves them 38 Mil. to spend before they hit Luxury tax. In other words the sky is the limit, they can sign anyone who wants to come to Oakland (or back to Oakland) AGENT 0??

Where's the link?

Tmac416
07-02-2008, 03:06 PM
David Thorpe, esnp.com analiyst and director of pro perosnal at the IMG basketball academy in florida answered warrios question today.

Eric (Saratoga, CA): Two Golden State questions for you: 1.) Tell us where you think Anthony Randolph fits in the grand scheme of things for the Warriors especially since he appears to be a Wright clone. 2.) Give us your best "Out-of-left-field" move(s) for the Warriors to fill the void Baron Davis left.

David Thorpe: Randolph better show up ready, because when I last saw Wright he looked terrific. Not sure about the Baron issue.

Afridi786
07-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Would you guys do Al Harrington for Kirk Hinrich?

Lincoln Logs
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
^ yes but I doubt the bulls would. They're already loaded with SF/PFs

garlicboy
07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Would you guys do Al Harrington for Kirk Hinrich?

Forget that!!!

Hinrich is a role player paid more than what he's worth. I'd rather keep the pre 2010 expiring contract of Al and trade Al to Cleveland for Wally or to the Knicks for Jamal Crawford, who has a 3 year deal instead of a 2 year like Al.

Afridi786
07-03-2008, 02:35 AM
^U still wont have a legit pg.

lincecum=future
07-03-2008, 02:44 AM
you guys would have to eat a lot of that backloaded contract.

garlicboy
07-03-2008, 03:15 AM
^U still wont have a legit pg.

Exactly,
If we don't get Brand(50/50), trading for Heinrich keeps us from getting more ping-pong balls and chances at getting 2009 PG's like:
Ricky Rubio, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, etc.
PF's: Blake Griffin, Pattrick Patterson, etc.

Then in 2010 with our only resigned players being Monta, Biedrins and Azubuike, We'll have a team salary at around $30 million. We can then sign, not 1, but 2!!! Superstar Free Agents to Max deals if we so chose.

Not a bad position to be in my friend.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Billups/Telfair
Ellis/Azubuike/Belinelli
Jackson/Posey
Smith/Wright
Biedrins/Hendrix

Meet the 08-09 GS Warriors

Kyben36
07-19-2008, 12:05 AM
I know you need a point guard so here we go.

Kirk hinrich

for

Andres Beidrins
and
Brandon Wright.

Your thoughts on this trade. I you pay Beidrins about 8 mil this could work.

what are your thoughts on this or maybe make sugestions to change it so it works.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Naw We'll Keep Andris But How About Hinrich For Wright & Harrington

Lincoln Logs
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

And that's all I'm going to say.

tru_warrior
07-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Are You Kidding?!?!?!?!?

I'm Not Even Gonna Say Anything But That....because My Boys Here Will Smash This Idea Very Harshly! Be Prepared!

tru_warrior
07-19-2008, 12:23 AM
ULT WARRIOR! you'd give up brandan wright??? hinrich for harrington is fine...anything else added by the warriors is a steal for chicago. its a burglary!

Lincoln Logs
07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
No really this doesn't even deserve to be bashed. It's just that ridiculous, let it die.

And Ult your trade is pretty terrible as well.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-19-2008, 12:28 AM
No Its Not Mr.logs If You Just Think About It

ULT WARRIOR408
07-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Actually Your Rite Tru Warrior

tru_warrior
07-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks! I like it when you say that LOL!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Yeah I Understand That Wright Is Still A Work In Proress Even Though Im Not Completely Sold On Him

I Meant To Say He's A Work In Progress But Im Not Sold On Him

Lincoln Logs
07-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Actually Your Rite Tru Warrior

Oh and I'm not right?
:sad2:

cali72888
07-19-2008, 01:51 AM
wright will be a good pf in this league in a run and gun system, but he needs players around him who will bring muscle. warriors better keep him though, im looking forward in a few years with ellis is an established pg and wright is a good pf on offence and defence, and randolph is a 7ft 2 or 3.
we have a great nucleus to work with in wright, randolph, ellis. not to mention if we keep biedris and hendrix and bellinelli pan out into good players (big if but they have the potential)

Lincoln Logs
07-20-2008, 09:59 PM
djeller had an interesting trade idea that he and I discussed, but I don't know why he hasn't posted yet in the Ws forum. Probably because his other ideas got bashed :p

Anyway it involves Belinelli, Wright, Harrington and a 1st round pick for Okafur and Felton and a 2nd round pick. It's an interesting trade, and still keeps us very young and probably improves us this year. It gives us that inside presence at PF that we lack who can rebound, score, and defend other West Bigs, but Okafur probably wouldn't be able to run our system very well, at least this year. Also Felton, although a young promising player who can split minutes at PG with Monta, might be too small to pair with Ellis, but you could do the Harrington for memphis PG(crittenton?) instead, or play either with SJax.

BTW this is of course, all speculation and ideas.

As much as it pains me to say DJ was probably right, this trade would most likely make us better. And it makes sense for Charlotte. Rumor is they're shopping Felton, to make more room for minutes for Augustine, and they might loose Okafur for nothing, so they might as well get two promising young players and another draft pick in return.

I love Wright and Belinelli, they could be perfect fits in our system, and this year could allow them to develop to reach the potential they have, allow them to grow with the rest of our young core to have a very good, young, promising team the year after this one. And who knows, they could very well produce well this year with minutes. But of course those are coulds, and Okafur is already proven, and bigger than wright. Wright has the skills to be better in our system, but only time, and needed weight will tell.

So, as Warriors fans, would you pull the gun on this trade? Charlotte kind of gets screwed, but as I said before, it kind of makes sense for them as well.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-21-2008, 03:41 AM
They Should Try To Sign Don Nelson To Be A G.m. Cuz Lets Face It He Making All The Choices As We Speak

oracle650
07-21-2008, 04:41 AM
^ur rite on with that nobody wants to admit it though

garlicboy
07-21-2008, 09:58 PM
A few possible trades for Al. All involve expiring contracts and salaries match

NJ: Stromile Swift and Marcus Williams
Indy: Marquis Daniels and Travis Diener, and 2nd rounder
Houston: Bobby Jackson and Steve Francis

All these teams have too more player's than available roster spots. I'd rather do the Indy or NJ trade as they do have PG's, although Bobby Jackson can run PG, but he's more of a scoring PG as opposed to a distributing PG.

FC_4_life
07-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Mark my words: Warriors WILL sign Maurice Evans...

gowarriors
07-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I used to think that harrington will be used in a trade, but now I'm not so sure.

He is good friends with maggette and I do think chemistry will be important if this team is going to click.

However I do think jackson could be part of a trade.

I'm thinking the Nets, as they lost scorer Jefferson and did not come close to replacing that void.

I'm thinking jackson for Sean Williams.

I'm also starting wonder if watson, wright, and belinelli might be part of a package deal.

Somebody mentioned Charlotte.. Intriguing idea as picking up felton and Okafor would tighten the team up nice

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I Dont Know About That

ULT WARRIOR408
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Calzahge Sprained His Rist Now The Fight Is Pushed Back

oracle650
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I used to think that harrington will be used in a trade, but now I'm not so sure.

He is good friends with maggette and I do think chemistry will be important if this team is going to click.

However I do think jackson could be part of a trade.

I'm thinking the Nets, as they lost scorer Jefferson and did not come close to replacing that void.

I'm thinking jackson for Sean Williams.

I'm also starting wonder if watson, wright, and belinelli might be part of a package deal.

Somebody mentioned Charlotte.. Intriguing idea as picking up felton and Okafor would tighten the team up nice

no way in hell

djeller1139
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Mark my words: Warriors WILL sign Maurice Evans...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Do you guys think Harrington and Jackson will be available around trade deadline time or maybe sooner?

I was think of some kind of Cavalier and Warrior trade maybe for both or maybe for one.

garlicboy
08-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Do you guys think Harrington and Jackson will be available around trade deadline time or maybe sooner?

I was think of some kind of Cavalier and Warrior trade maybe for both or maybe for one.

A few months ago you were bagging on Jackson and Harrington saying you could get better players when I posted in the Cavs forum. Funny how you've a change of heart.

Jackson isn't going anywhere (you don't want him anyway based on previous comments).

The only one available would be Al, but another team would have to be involved. The Dubs would do Al for Eric Snow and a 1st, but wouldn't not do Wally for Al unless Cleveland throws in a bunch of picks, because taking a contract like Wally's puts us over the luxury tax, and instead of getting a $2 something million bonus they would have to pay $6 million in taxes. That's an $8 million dollar swing.

Al would be a perfect fit on Cleveland because they need another scorer and shooter at the SF or OG spot as Lebron can play 2 or 3.

Al is also pretty valuable, as he is pretty much an expiring contract with his player option at the end of the season and he will most likely exercise his PO because he would rather be a FA at age 29 in the weak free agent class of 2009 as opposed to the loaded free agent class of 2010.

RKeithJames
08-20-2008, 01:39 AM
I just want to have a good year and hope the Warriors are in the mix for next year to get one of the great players who's contracts are up. Lets go Warriors, get the fans a super star player.

Keith VanThomas
09-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Knick fan here : I want Anthony Randolph, what do you want for him?

garlicboy
09-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Knick fan here : I want Anthony Randolph, what do you want for him?

Your funny. The Knicks roster is like filthy New York garbage on the sidewalk. You want no part of it!

Keith VanThomas
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM
After the collapse of so many New York based companies, filthy New York garbage is mostly comprised of series 7 holding, collar popped, previously 200k a year homeless guys. I'd put filthy New York garbage in par with Baron Davis' loyalty.