PDA

View Full Version : Has any championship team fell as fast as Miami?

LakersHistory
03-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Has any championship team fell as fast as Miami has?

They lasted from 2005 and then 2006 and lost in the first round in 2007. Meaning they only lasted 2 years.

superkegger
03-31-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't really know, but I'm assuming that the blazers team that won it all back in the day didn't stick around...but I don't know.

I don't know how long the rockets were in contention after 95 either.

Those would be my best guesses...

marlinsfan24
03-31-2008, 02:29 PM
nope, and its all cuz of the ego maniac fat ***. i think everyone knows who were talking about.

Tom81
03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Bulls thay win in 98' but they don't even make a playoffs in 99'.

69centers
03-31-2008, 02:33 PM
That Heat team that won it all was pretty fortunate. They weren't as good as that title suggests. D-Wade may never be the same again, after the injuries. The franchise is done and buried for a good 5 years minimum.

Max Power
03-31-2008, 02:35 PM

And they went from a .756 winning percentage to a .260 "winning" percentage.

and its all cuz of the ego maniac fat ***.

same line worked for the Bulls back in the day.

superkegger
03-31-2008, 02:48 PM

duh, how did i forget that. course they lost everyone...literally everyone.

thesparky33
03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, the 99 Bulls were different because they literally lost everyone important to the team. The Heat still had the same core nucleus of Shaq and Wade, etc.

Chaudhry
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
houston still made the playoffs in 95 and 96 and 97... so... the worse they were after winning it in 94 was .341 the year before yao
the thing with miami was they were garbage before that and their garbage now... chicago was good for a while... houston was good for a while... i don't think any team has been good for like 3 years with one championship in between and really bad before that and really bad after that...

papelbon58
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
i know its a diff sport but the chicago white sox after 2005. they did pretty good (90-72) the following year, but last year they were one of the worst teams in the league at 72-90.

JordansBulls
03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Has any championship team fell as fast as Miami has?

They lasted from 2005 and then 2006 and lost in the first round in 2007. Meaning they only lasted 2 years.

Well the Bulls from 1998 to 1999 went down the quickest from being a Title team to not even making the playoffs, but when you lose MJ, Pippen and Rodman what do you expect?

michaelbt18
03-31-2008, 07:32 PM
It doesnt matter how fast any other team went down before. The Heat are just pathetic this season. They are definitely at the top of the list

futureman
03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
It depends, Miami fell very quickly but so did the bulls after losing Jordan,Pippen, and Rodman

lavis
03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Well, the 99 Bulls were different because they literally lost everyone important to the team. The Heat still had the same core nucleus of Shaq and Wade, etc.

Yeah but Heat still made the playoffs after the championship year. And this year they're just tanking.

cahawk
04-01-2008, 04:42 AM
They lasted 2 years longer than the kobe led Laker's....
oops forgot they never won.

Hellcrooner
04-01-2008, 07:39 AM
well thats waht happens when Offitials hand down a present for you when you are clearly not Deserving of it.

HouRealCoach
04-01-2008, 08:36 AM
98 Bulls to 99 Bulls....

kingkobe
04-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Lakers 4yrs ago? Didn't even make the playoffs the year after the blowup. That was a horrible team. Not as bad as this heat team though.

YaoMinggg
08-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Bulls in the 90's.

JordansBulls
08-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Bulls in the 90's.

:confused:

They broke up. They didn't have the same team like Miami did.

bogdanrom
08-18-2008, 12:46 AM
nope, and its all cuz of the ego maniac fat ***. i think everyone knows who were talking about.

The only reason you guys won the championship was because of the ego maniac fat ***. Without him no title.

SwaggaIke
08-18-2008, 01:59 AM
The only reason you guys won the championship was because of the ego maniac fat ***. Without him no title.

I don't even feel like debating w/ you. If Shaq was the ONLY reason we won the championship, you slept through the 2006 playoffs. That guy that put on one of the greatest finals performance of all times had a little hand in it too. And we definitely didn't have the "same team" as Jordan's Bulls suggest. Every thing that happened between February 2007 and April 2008 happened for reasons other than us ending up w/ a bad team, but nobody discusses that.

bogdanrom
08-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I don't even feel like debating w/ you. If Shaq was the ONLY reason we won the championship, you slept through the 2006 playoffs. That guy that put on one of the greatest finals performance of all times had a little hand in it too. And we definitely didn't have the "same team" as Jordan's Bulls suggest. Every thing that happened between February 2007 and April 2008 happened for reasons other than us ending up w/ a bad team, but nobody discusses that.

But who took you there. Shaq. Without Shaq you wouldn't be in the Finals,and Wade wouldn't even get the chance to get to what he did. Shaq was mentioned as a MVP candidate the whole season. It was between him and Nash, and Nash edge him out by a little.

MiamiHeat
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
That Heat team that won it all was pretty fortunate. They weren't as good as that title suggests. D-Wade may never be the same again, after the injuries. The franchise is done and buried for a good 5 years minimum.
Oh Wade is back and better he is the same but better :D, and
are you sure thats not the celtics when KG, PP and RA retire?

LayZbone
08-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh Wade is back and better he is the same but better :D, and
are you sure thats not the celtics when KG, PP and RA retire?

this was an old thread though...that guy posted that in March, when no one thought Wade would come back...after watching the Olympics, we all know Wade is back to his natural form.

SwaggaIke
08-18-2008, 03:58 PM
But who took you there. Shaq. Without Shaq you wouldn't be in the Finals,and Wade wouldn't even get the chance to get to what he did. Shaq was mentioned as a MVP candidate the whole season. It was between him and Nash, and Nash edge him out by a little.

Shaq was mentioned as an MVP candidate in the 2004-2005 season, NOT the 2005-2006 season. Shaq's decline between those two seasons was immense. He couldn't even stay out of foul trouble during our championship run. Jason Collins, Tyson Chandler, Ben Wallace and Diop all caught numerous elbows from Shaq in each of those series. He spent so much time on the pine for stupid offensive fouls and stupid defensive fouls because he was out of shape. What you know about the Heat? Obviously not a lot.

bogdanrom
08-18-2008, 11:14 PM
^ Do you realize without Shaq he would not have made it to the Finals, and Wade wouln't even get the chance to play like he did. Wade was the Finals MVP, and the best player on the Heat, but Shaq was the most important player on that team.

SwaggaIke
08-18-2008, 11:27 PM
^ Do you realize without Shaq he would not have made it to the Finals, and Wade wouln't even get the chance to play like he did. Wade was the Finals MVP, and the best player on the Heat, but Shaq was the most important player on that team.

And he wasn't. He played his role just like everybody else. He was an important part of a championship team, but he definitely wasn't the most important player on the team. His presence on the bench throughout the playoffs payed huge dividends. Not to mention the 23 games he missed during the regular season in which Dwyane had to assume control of the team as he did during the playoffs that year. The Celtics wouldn't have been in the Finals w/o Garnett. Nobody can do it alone, but that doesn't change the fact that Shaq was an out of shape slob for 2 of his 3 and a half years in Miami.

B-Easy23
08-18-2008, 11:52 PM
the only reason we got to the playoffs was thanks to shaq, yes i admit that, but for you to say that the only reason that we won that championship was because of that overgrown fat **** then your wrong, wade carried us over from the begging to the end, when all hope was lost against the mavs it was wade who resurected us and brought the title home and not shaq homie. so get your stury rite!. and wade is back along with b-easy and marion we should be a SOLID TEAM, MARK MY WORDS!

MiamiHeatWade33
08-19-2008, 12:54 AM
The heat are saved you know getting the second round draft pick by the way if the heat selected derrick rose that wouldve ben the biggest mistake ever id rather pick OJ Mayo instead cause during the summerleague game between Miami and chicago Derrick rose some how got an injury on his leg i think and he only score about 10 points michael beasey has a great game about 28 points i guess he scored michael beasley is the best ftures power forward.

bogdanrom
08-20-2008, 12:36 AM
the only reason we got to the playoffs was thanks to shaq, yes i admit that, but for you to say that the only reason that we won that championship was because of that overgrown fat **** then your wrong, wade carried us over from the begging to the end, when all hope was lost against the mavs it was wade who resurected us and brought the title home and not shaq homie. so get your stury rite!. and wade is back along with b-easy and marion we should be a SOLID TEAM, MARK MY WORDS!

So no Shaq, no championship. Wade is a great player but Shaq is the one who gave Wade the opportunity. Butler, Odom, and Grant could not do that to you.

LakerzDQ
08-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Well the Bulls from 1998 to 1999 went down the quickest from being a Title team to not even making the playoffs, but when you lose MJ, Pippen and Rodman what do you expect?

no doubt, it shouldn't count. the Heat didn't lose any stars, they lost some valuable role players, but they're just role players. the Bulls lost 2 superstars and 3 of their best defenders.

Killebrewcrew3
08-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Florida Marlins 2003

cahawk
08-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Has any team risen to the NBA title as fast with the addition of just one player.....Shaq?

Has any team fallen out of the playoffs after being in 4 straight NBA finals?

JordansBulls
08-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Florida Marlins 2003

I believe this is basketball here.
:)

kingkobe
08-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Has any team risen to the NBA title as fast with the addition of just one player.....Shaq?

Has any team fallen out of the playoffs after being in 4 straight NBA finals?

Lakers sorta did- 3 rings, then conference semis, then finals again and then not even make the playoffs. again thanks to shaq. I guess this is a thread about how many teams Shaq has screwed over.